PDA

View Full Version : IC Thread -The Forgotten Forge Mk.2

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-01, 06:34 AM
It's 998YK of the Current Age and the Last War is still a bitter taste in the mouths of many. The day has been the same as always; taking time to unwind from your latest adventure together walking back from a 'night on the town' to celebrate your recent spoils but unfortunately the weather doesn't hold up to your elated mood.

Curtains of water fall from the sky as you traverse the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet in front of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening.

This is the map, you start at Point A. Post Co-ords of where you wish your character to be please. (eg. U-17)

1 Square = 5ft.

Light: Shadowy Illumination (gives Concealment), but Bright Illumination where the lanterns are shining.
Weather: Heavy Rain, Light Wind.
Visibility: Half normal range of vision, -4 on Spot and Search checks.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/blowlotsup/TFF-1-5.jpg

Kol Korran
2010-06-01, 07:53 AM
Bana

The goblin woman sneezes in the heavy rain. her ears twitch as she pats and tries to calm Grumah, her wolf. he does not like the city- too many towers, too many people, too much light and noise! ha! she doesn't like it either, but destiny called her here. she listens to the prattle of her new companions.

The metal-wood man (Called Snow) and the young human (Darryl) talk about the rats and fighting them. and the other one (Rene?) counts the money yet once more... they all seem content.

foolish creatures! don't they know that being content will only draw the eyes of The Six upon them? something bad was going to happen, Bana could feel it in her bones. her ears twitched again in the pouring rain. Bana touched her bag of bones again, and petted Grumah, whispering in Goblin "Hunter or hunted tonight my friend, eh?"

Bana, riding Grumah is at V17, or if the party for some reason isn't there, just at it's back. most times you can use the same locator for both Bana and Grumah, if bana gets off him, i'll let you know.

Cespenar
2010-06-01, 08:20 AM
Darryl

The ex-squire spits a mouthful of rain water and pulls his hood even lower to his face, but in vain, for the downpour has already soaked him from tip to toe, rendering any further protection useless.

"A little more and I think I may swim in the air," he mumbles to himself glumly and turns to the warforged.

"Hey Snow, if you don't mind me asking, how do you stand this weather? Don't you get rusty in there?" he asks curiously, pointing to his body/armor.

U14 would be nice.

esorscher
2010-06-01, 09:49 AM
Rene turns the collar up on his jacket. "You said it, Darryl." He looks out, across the canyon formed between the buildings, at a waterfall cascading down from the higher levels. It passes two, three more bridges connecting the platforms before it fades into the rain, its momentum and unity lost in the downpour. He continues walking down the platform. "Where are we going, anyway?"

Walk to U12, I guess.

LeoMidori
2010-06-01, 02:57 PM
Snow walked along, his bandanna and his soaked white cloak clinging to his heavy body, the warm and wetness not bothering him in the least. "Take heart everyone, it could be worse: raining blood and dirt for example, or getting hit in the face with an axe." he said, both things he had experienced on the battlefield. He looked down to the young ex-squire of The Flame, who seemed curious about him. Nearly everyone did at some point or another.
"I'm not sure what you mean by 'inside there'. It's not as if I'm wearing a suit of armor. Doesn't bother me in the least, really. I'm just thankful I never have rusted, rain or otherwise."

Put me at V14, please.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-01, 03:15 PM
Rene

You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay to the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears into the darkness and the rain.

esorscher
2010-06-02, 03:18 PM
"Someone's down on the bridge," Rene shouts to the rest of the party, rushing toward the prone figure. "Someone else just went over the side of the bridge."

LeoMidori
2010-06-02, 04:55 PM
"By the Flame, are you sure?" Snow said, following closely behind Rene and drawing his sword and shield, walking closely beside him and keeping aware of his surroundings. "Who or what exactly did you spot?"

Keeping a spot and listen check, in case anything changes.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

esorscher
2010-06-02, 04:57 PM
"I can't be sure," Rene answers. "But it was quick."

Forgot checks:

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-02, 07:08 PM
The skybridge ahead spans the distance between platforms attached to the sides of two different towers—Dalannan Tower and the Kelsa Spire. A body lies on the floor of the bridge, and you can see a mixture of rain and blood pooling around it. A leather satchel, still clutched tightly in the body's hand, lies in the expanding puddle of water and gore. (K-12)

The body is clearly an elderly humanoid man dressed in a now-drenched and torn scholar's uniform, an unfortunate victim of a disturbed mugging. By the look of the wound, the assailant was also wielding a rather hefty weapon.

Cespenar
2010-06-02, 07:18 PM
Darryl

Following the others, the ex-squire squints as he finally notices the body lying on the bridge.

"Look!" he calls, pointing at the gory scene with a surprised voice. "Is he... dead?" After a quick moment, he corrects himself. "Yes. Yes he is."

esorscher
2010-06-02, 07:57 PM
Watching Daryl run over to the corpse, Rene runs over to the ledge he saw the assassin disappear over. He scans below, looking for any clue as to where the assailant went.

Spot: [roll0]

LeoMidori
2010-06-02, 09:22 PM
"Oh no... looks like whoever you saw must've just got this guy, whoever he is." Snow said with concern in his voice, deciding to look over the body. He carefully pulled the man's arms off the satchel he was carrying while his sword was placed beside him, handing it to Darryl. "Take a look in here, maybe there's some reason why he was attacked."

Snow picked up his sword, standing next to the corpse and looking about. "We know you aren't far away! You can't hide for long from the Watch! Come out and face the law, or you'll have to deal with me!" he spoke out into the rainy night, hoping maybe this murderer would show themselves

Kol Korran
2010-06-03, 02:18 AM
Bana followed the groupe wearily. she (k11) got off Grumah (L11) to check the body, verifying the man was dead. hearing Snow's call she looked around in alarm, drawing her Club, motioning Grumahto be alert. "You think the killer is still here? Killer of old man? very well, we be ready."

spot [roll0]. listen [roll1].
Grumah's rolls [roll2] [roll3]

Cespenar
2010-06-03, 04:09 AM
Darryl

Taking the satchel, Darryl fumbles with it but finally gets it open to have a look inside of it. He forgoes caution for the moment as he thinks the satchel wouldn't hold anything important if the murderer didn't take it with him.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-03, 07:52 AM
As you fumble with the satchel it is clear that it also took a beating as the items fall out onto the rain-soaked ground. A small coin pouch managing to hold it's contents, several quills and inks, blank sheets of once-fine-looking Karnnathi parchment and a wrapped apple. The one thing that remains in the satchel, too big to fall out of the hole in the bottom, is a small journal.

Measuring about 3 inches by 6 inches and 1 inch thick, it has a cover of dark brown leather with strands of mithral thread woven in a strange pattern. It bears no title, just the mithral-thread icon on the front cover. Inside, every page is blank, but the sheets have a strange feel; they don't seem to be paper or leather, but something not readily identifiable that causes the rain water to bounce straight off them.

While none of you see anything in the night, a swift whistle echoes beyond the white noise of the rain water and two of the Everbright Torches are knocked from their sconce. The torches fall into the blackness underneath the bridge, plunging you all into darkness where you stand.

Another lightning flash cracks across the sky in time for Rene to see a large warforged bearing down upon her, swinging a battleaxe in two hands catching her unawares. 6 damage to Rene

"Give me the journal you flesh-loving traitor," the warforged is clearly a female personality by the voice as the spits the insult to Snow, "let me show you the real power of Warforged as I slay you alongside these weak-fleshed cretins!"

Combat Begins

Initiatives
Darryl - 15
Rene - 13 1/6 HP
Enemy - 12
Bana - 11
Snow - 8

Recap of the Map:
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/blowlotsup/TFF-1-5.jpg

Kol Korran
2010-06-03, 08:47 AM
(i assume D is for Grumah, and he works on my init)

Bana

Another of the metal-wood people! there are many here. this is a killer of old men, we cannot let him get away!

Bana makes a sound to Grumah, and motions him towards the back of the enemy, while she readies herself to react quickly. the human Rene is wounded badly! must not let him die...

Grumah runs to the back of the warforged, through k-12, j-12, i-12, h-12, g-11, h-10 (no AoO, 35 feet) and attacks/ tries to trip [roll0] for [roll1] damage. if he hits, then a free trip attempt- [roll2]

Bana will:
If Rene isn't hit anymore, and moves out of danger, she will cast Light (negating the darkness), and move 5 ft to his place (j 10)
If however Rene is either injured more, or stays in his place, than Bana will cast CLW for [roll3] damage.
if both humans are wounded by the time her turn comes, Bana will heal the one with lesser hitpoints for the amount rolled above.

Edit: crappy healing... alas, lesser vigor is unavailable...

Cespenar
2010-06-03, 08:55 AM
Darryl

"Wha- who?" Darryl stutters, but his reflexes take control, pulling his old sire's morningstar and sliding behind the attacker to block off her escape.

"Who are you?" he manages to call out with anger as he scans her defense for a gap.

Move action (sigh) to draw the weapon and standard action to move into G11 without entering the enemy's reach. Choosing the obvious target for the Dodge feat makes his AC 17 against her. HP 10/10.
Extra tactics option: If possible, Darryl can delay his initiative to 13, choosing to act after Rene, and covering his front after Rene takes a step back. If this is doable, he'll use his move to J10 instead of G11.

esorscher
2010-06-03, 08:56 AM
[I'll risk it. Be ready to heal me when I drop below 0, unless someone can step between us. PS: Rene is a guy.]

Rene steps back 5', reaching down to his belt and plucking out a scroll as he does so. "Eat it, bolts for brains." A jet of coursing energy fires from his hand, weakening the Warforged if the ray touches.

Ray of Enfeeblement (from scroll)
[roll0] (v. touch), [roll1] STR penalty for 1 minute.

LeoMidori
2010-06-03, 12:16 PM
Snow's eyes flashed in anger as the warforged attacked Rene, pointing his black iron sword at his opponent. "Love plays no role in what I do, foul cur! It's the satisfaction of taking down bastards like you that make The Flame shine brighter for me! Leave them alone and take your fight to me!" he said, swinging his sword at her, a dangerous silvery/white glow on his blade summoned to smite her where she stands.

Using smite construct! [roll0]
Damage. [roll1]

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-05, 07:46 AM
Round 1 Ends

Darryl moves around into a flanking position, drawing his weapon, getting nothing in response from the warforged assailant aside from a hateful glare.

Rene, on the other hand, takes matters into his own hands. No one hits him and gets away with it. The scroll disintegrates in his hands and the negative energy hits the warforged square in the chest, visibly draining her of her strength.

Shaking off the necromantic feeling that just washed over her, the Warforged raises her axe and rather than bringing it down upon the spellcaster turns to Snow and flies into a barbaric rage. The weapon hits home even though the darkness hinders her aim. At first it seems to be wedged within Snow's plating before slicing through the adamantite to hit where it hurts. (5 Damage to Snow, DR taken into account)

Bana soon realises what is going on and casts Light on the situation making it a lot easier to hit things. However this eruption of light gets the attention of a nearby Sharn Watch patrol over on an adjacent Skybridge and you hear the familiar shrill whistle quickly approaching your position.
Grumah, snarling at the warforged attacking his friends, launches himself and clamps his jaws around the back of the attacker's thigh dealing a hefty amount of damage and bringing the Warforged to the ground. (Hurrah for defender Natural 1 :smallcool:)

Snow successfully smites the attacker with the Light of the Flame, sinking his sword directly into her chest and ending the fight. However the final blow releases a small cylindrical contraption from a small compartment in the chest of the Warforged, and by the time you realise it is there, it has already flown off and disappeared into the blanket of water.

End of Combat
Darryl - Uninjured
Rene - 1/6 HP, Scroll of Ray of Enfeeblement Used
Bana - Uninjured, Light cast.
Grumah - Uninjured, tail wagging with pride!
Snow - 8/13 HP, Smite Construct Used

No need for an update of the map.

--

The Warforged's bandanna has fallen slightly from her brow. Beneath it you can see a defaced Cannith symbol, and the bandanna itself shows the symbol of the Nation of Karrnathi.

2 Rounds until the Watch shows up within Range - if you are going to do anything specific post it along with your response to what is going to happen.

--

Two males and a female, wearing the green-and-black studded leather of Sharn's City Watch, emerge from the rain-drenched night. The leader, a powerfully built bald dwarf with a close-cropped beard, steps forwards, levelling his crossbow in your direction. The small ball of arcane light, hovering just above and behind his left shoulder, illuminates the grizzly scene. To each side, a human male and female stand with halberds at the ready.

"Olladra's bloody nose!" the dwarf curses. "By order of the Watch, drop your weapons and explain yourselves!"

Kol Korran
2010-06-05, 08:45 AM
Bana
(the 2 rounds)
The goblin is surprised at the speed of the fight. the Fury of Snow! she looked at the warforged with an odd look, a lookg of respect but perhaps also... fear?
Bana approached Rene and examined his wound. it was a deep one. "Bana will take care of you." she said in common, followed by a short incantation in goblin to dark gods. the flesh moved and knitted itself. however, it was not the gentle soothing healing of the Jorasco touch, but rather a painful wrenching ordeal, almost as bad as being cut. "this to remind you to always be carefull. yes?"

CLW for Rene [roll0] 1 spell used

she eyes the approaching watchmen wearily. she... disliked clan warriors. "Deal with them, these are your people." she mumbles at Rene, casting Guidance on him, before going back to calm the excited Grumah. people didn't get him here in Sharn... weird people.

OOC:
so much for rolling for CLW...(sigh) 1 and 2. oh well.
The guidance spell gives you a +1 for various checks. say... diplomacy check.

LeoMidori
2010-06-05, 09:12 AM
Snow silently sheathed his blade, looking to his opponent with both deep appreciation of The Flame and anger for being hit, along with Rene and the dead man lying in the streets. How dare she attack anyone... flesh loving traitor? He thought, deciding to search over her body for any sorts of clues or anything else useful. His dead enemy had to yeild something of use...

Searching the warforged for anything of use. [roll0]

esorscher
2010-06-05, 09:24 AM
[Rene is at 4/7 health.]

Rene gratefully accepts Bana's spells. "Thank you, friend." The guards arrive, and Rene is the first to talk to them, dropping his weapons as they request.

"We're on your side," he begins, explaining what happened. "We were walking home when we saw this man laying in the road. (he points) We attempted to ascertain his condition and were attacked by that," he points at the damaged Warforged. "We were only defending ourselves. You'll get no trouble from us."

Rene hasn't drawn any weapons yet, and so he has nothing to drop. He holds his empty hands out, palms up, to show the guards this fact.

Am I the face because I have a positive CHA? I don't have any ranks in personal skills.

Diplomacy (with Guidance): [roll0]

Cespenar
2010-06-05, 10:55 AM
Darryl

Darryl silently hangs the morningstar to his belt before the guards arrive, and without even realizing himself do it, takes the journal to his good right hand and chucks it into the fountain to the west just in the range of vision. He blinks rapidly afterwards as he turns to his companions, and can only speak after a second or two.

"I, uh, I thought we might be taken into custody, and that journal looked important enough to not fall into the guards' hands and be forgotten."

With that said, he waits for the guards to arrive but keeps silent and lets Rene talk.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-05, 11:30 AM
You find nothing on the Warforged aside from the Battleaxe she was wielding and a travellers cloak on her back.

--

"You thought to sort this all by yourselves rather than calling the Watch?" You can tell the dwarf commander is highly mistrusting of you just by the tone in his voice, and he refuses to let down his crossbow. "I don't buy it. At all. Who are you and where did you come from? And you...Goblin." He directs his attention to Bana and scowls, "Dressed like you've come from kind of... ritual. I saw you casting a spell as we arrived, what was it?"

He nods his head and the male guard moves over to the corpse of the man, whilst the female guard walks over to each one of you in turn and disarms you of any visible weapons she can see. "One move and you'll regret it." The commander adds as they go about their orders.

"This guy is Bonal Geldem, sir. Some Provost at the University. Looks like he's been killed with a huge slash across his chest." The male guard shuffles through the body's pockets and finds nothing, and looks over to the soaked-through backpack on the ground next to him. "Is this what you were after?" He says, picking it up and taking it back over to where he was standing previously.

The female guard, whilst taking each of your weapons looks them over as best she can. "The only one capable of causing that wound is the Warforged, sir. He's the only one with a blade big enough."

"You heard the woman, Warforged. Was it you who did this? And I really must stress to you that answering honestly is in your best interest."

The rainfall is considerably lighter now, not causing so much poor visibility.

LeoMidori
2010-06-05, 03:49 PM
Snow didn't appreciate having his sword taken, or being blamed for someone he didn't kill. He was a paladin: he didn't have anything to hide! Perhaps just explaining gently would be the best plan of action.

"Listen good sirs and madam, we know this looks bad for us, but we're telling you exactly what happened. We don't even know who this man is, or what he was doing, so we have no reason to kill him. Besides, he was killed by the axe the other warforged was using, not my blade good friends. I fight for The Flame, and The Flame guides me."

Kol Korran
2010-06-06, 02:34 AM
Bana mutters under her breath as she pets and calms Grumah. "The spell i cast was a prayer to the gods to protect and guide our way in meeting you. i'm not from this place, as you so... tactfully noticed. i did not know if you were trouble or good tidings. from where i come from, it's worhtwhile to be cautious..." at that Grumah growls a bit. "Snow speaks true. we mean no treachery. the other metal wood woman killed the old human, and tried to kill us too. she does not like... "fleshies" (Grumah growls again, though more softly)

LeoMidori
2010-06-06, 12:07 PM
Snow nodded, listening to Bana's explaination. She might oppose how his church operated, but at least she was proving helpful. There might be hope for her afterall...

"This is also true. She did call me a 'Flesh loving traitor' before burying her axe into my shoulder... whatever that's supposed to mean."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-08, 08:31 AM
"It's true, sir." An elderly woman approaches as the rain dies down from the residential house that you passed. "They weren't the ones to attack the old man. The other Warforged was. The one that attacked them afterwards." You can tell that she is displeased at having to stand in the rain, but her resolve keeps her there until things are sorted.
"I see." The Dwarf replies, lowering his weapon and motioning for the others to do the same. "I think it would be in both our interests if you left these matters to the Watch, in future. You could have almost gotten yourselves killed and I'd have more than one body, and more than enough paperwork for me to be sorting out over this mess. Now please, be on your way and get out of this gods-awful weather before you make yourselves ill."

He doesn't really give you much attention past that. He definitely won't answer any of your questions, or apologise for the accusations. While he is indeed a man of the law, his pride is also steadfast.

--

You continue walking along the skybridge and just as you pass the fountain a female figure is running along towards the scene of the accident and stops in front of you, shocked to see Snow hurt.
"You are the ones who dealt with the attacker, correct? If you want to know the truth behind his death then go to the Broken Anvil Tavern. I have spoken ahead, they will be expecting you although not by name, and I shall meet you there at dawn. Here is not the place to be discussing it."

Her voice is dainty, pleasant but there is a serious undertone to her words. Before you have chance to ask any questions she disappears into the night.

The tavern itself is within the tower you are heading for; you've been there before, it's a comfortable establishment if not a little over-priced.

Kol Korran
2010-06-08, 09:27 AM
and so it begins. Bana sighs inwardly, making some discreet motions to ward of evil influence. yet her path was chosen, and she will see it through. "I don't like it one bit, but i'll follow your lead. but my bones tell me there is much darkness behind this simple murder. much darkness..."
Bana Groands and climb Grumah again. her ears are pulled back as she speaks to Rene i have it in my power to heal once more. if no trouble finds us before sleep, then i will heal you then. i prefer to keep this power available for now."

OOC:
i didn't understand if we're to meet some people at the tavern tonight, or tommorow morning. if it's tommorow, and there's not trouble till we sleep, then i heal Rene for [roll0] hp.
Edit: and crappy heal rolls continue. at least the night's sleep will heal the last hp.

esorscher
2010-06-08, 10:39 AM
OOC:
I think we're meant to go to the tavern now, where people are expecting us. This woman will meet us tomorrow, at the same place.

Rene nods. "Thank you, Bana. I understand and agree with your caution. It is better to be prepared--there's something strange about that woman. How did she know where, and why, to look for us?"

Rene heads for the tower and the tavern.

Cespenar
2010-06-08, 05:05 PM
Darryl

After making it sure that the guards are out of sight, Darryl casually walks to the fountain and retrieves the journal that he cast into it earlier.

"I wonder what part does this play in all of it?" he mumbles, rechecking the pages for any sign of clues.

LeoMidori
2010-06-08, 10:35 PM
"I think it's best if we ask questions later. It's not as if there's an answer now... not one that's obvious at least. Let's get out of the rain though... I should take care of this damage." Snow said, opening one of the double doors to the familiar tavern he had been to. It was alright: reletively quiet save for a few shady people and the brawl he had seen here once between a different warforged and a half-orc who had made a perticularly rude remark about his race being 'old trash'. He didn't approve of that sort of violence, but the half-orc was thrown an impressive distance that day...

He looked around for an attendant or something. "Good evening: we need a room for four people, and I'd like some space to repair this damage I've taken. What do you have available?" Staight forward but polite. Pretty much Snow in a nutshell.

Kol Korran
2010-06-09, 07:45 AM
Entering the tavern Bana sighs in relief. say what you want about the humans and their cities, they sure build good houses, wamr houses. she keeps Grumah close as the Inn's patrons watch him wearily. she lets her cloack hang down a bit. you notice the scars on her neck and sculp, similar to those on her hands.

Surprisingly, she smiles, as she ruffles Grumah's hair, and mumbles something in Goblin.*
then she speaks in common , a bit less grumpy... for now.
"Any clues in that book Darryl? stories, signs, omens?"

* "worse is to come, worse is to follow, but tonight we'll eat and rest, to better face the morrow."

Cespenar
2010-06-09, 03:56 PM
Darryl

"Weirdly, the pages seem to be blank. I'm not really an expert, but I'm guessing there's some magic involved. Have a look yourself, if you wish," he replies, handing the journal to the goblin.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-09, 06:36 PM
"Come in out of the rain, I'll get you all a drink and some stew." The innkeeper takes a look at Snow and scratches the back of his head, "Well, for most of you anyway. I've been expecting you, and your rooms are already reserved. You'll have to thank the Lady in the morning when she comes to see you. For now my orders are to tell you to relax and enjoy the rest of your evening."

The inn itself seems rather uninterested in your presence. The people left at this time of the evening are either half-asleep or sitting in a drunken mellow silence content with the company of their own musings.

The journal you have in your hands is clearly out of the ordinary. The closer you look, you realise that the mithral symbol on the front cover is that of House Cannith, but a rather outdated version seen used before the Last War. The pages haven't been damaged in the slightest by the rain or the water from the fountain, and it seems to resonate slightly when close to Snow.

((I shall post again in 48 hours with the continuation if no one else wants to post regarding your time in the inn))

LeoMidori
2010-06-10, 12:13 AM
Snow nodded, deciding to retire for the evening. "I'll be looking after this damage. Don't be scared to ask for my help if you need me." he said to his teammates, sitting in a quiet corner and taking our a small bag of tools to fix himself.

Repairing, which is a craft check I can take 10 on. I'll recover 4 HP over the course of 8 hours, unless something interrupts me. Also, will I recover my use of Smite Evil/Construct by morning?

esorscher
2010-06-11, 01:21 PM
"If you like, Snow, I can heal that damage." Rene says.

Repair Light Damage Infusion: [roll0]

Kol Korran
2010-06-11, 01:22 PM
Bana takes the soup offered by the innkeeper, and takes some of her herbs to spice it up. awefully smelling stuff! as she eats she seems to melt a bit, her ears are lower, her posture relaxed.

"Darryl, you once mentioned you follow the Silver Flame like the metal wood man. but you don't seem so touched by the Fury like he is. why is that? what do you find in The Flame?" Bana watches Darryl closely, listening and sipping his words like her soup.

Cespenar
2010-06-11, 02:21 PM
Darryl

Gulping down the stew with noticeable appetite, Darryl blinks as Bana shoots her question to him. He slowly puts down the spoon and scratches his chin absentmindedly.

"I don't know, some people are zealous and some are not, that's pretty much it. Me, I'm skeptical about committing myself fully (and blindly) to one thing, whatever that might be. But the idea I endorse.

"What do you believe in, now that you opened it up?" Darryl asks back after a while.

Kol Korran
2010-06-11, 02:59 PM
At the question Bana's ears flatten back, and she sips a bit more, before answering in a quiet voice. "My people, long before your people came, believed in the primal god, those that lurk and wait and hunger in all of us. we believed in the darkness, for it was always waiting when the light faded, it was always near, at the ready. you call for civilization to save you. some of the Dar did that too. and now you see our ruins, or what's left of our... "civilization", all around Khorvaire."

Bana sips some more, her eyes closed. Grumah watches her expectently, but it seems she decides to stay silent. that is, until she speaks again, in a whisper. "My people, as some other races have learned to see in the darkness, rely on it, while you foolish beings still seek and rely on the light. i do not look away from the dark, but nor do i embrace it. i deal with it, and accept it is part of us, all of us, even him she motions at Snow with his zeal and righteousness. the Fury overtook him there on the bridge. this time it was only for an instant. what will happen next."

Bana then looks at Darryl's face and mutters half jokingly "But you don't listen to my beliefs and stuff. you got human ones to follow. just watch your heart and mind is all i say, treachery of ourselves lies within us... always." with that Bana continues to eat her soup, her mood dampened a bit.

LeoMidori
2010-06-11, 04:31 PM
Snow gladly let the artificer work his repair infusion on him, the damage mostly clearing up. "Bless you, that's much better. Still a bit of work to do, but it's a big help."

He decided to sit down with everyone else, feeling somewhat offended at what Bana was spouting. She wasn't forcing anything on anyone, which was nice, but he still preferred if her philosophy wasn't so... flawed. "Thank you for your... bounty of wisdom, Bana. I wish you would not make such generalizations about your faith reflecting on -my- actions, but whatever. Also, I'm a warforged, not a "metal-wood man" as you so stated. There are alot of us, and you might offend one who isn't our friend."

esorscher
2010-06-11, 05:25 PM
Realizing there's not much else use for them, Rene expends the rest of his infusions on healing Snow. "You saved my life back there," Rene says. "This is the least I can do."

He listens patiently to Bana's words, evaluating them carefully while Snow speaks. "Why draw the distinction in the first place? Light, dark, these are labels we assign. Do the creatures who embrace the dark, as you put it, consciously turn toward evil? Or is it that they act in the way that best suits their circumstance? Would we, in their shoes, do any different?

I say no. I say just as you are shaped by your upbringing, and I by mine, so too are all creatures. The distinctions we draw divide us as much as they unite us. In the end, we are all a part of nature, and our actions are only what comes naturally to us.

It was not the darkness that brought the Dar civilizations to their knees, nor is it darkness that will bring Khorvaire to ruin. It is human nature, it is nature herself. Our civilizations are only a vain attempt to subjugate her, if for a while, as are our ideas of morality."

Cespenar
2010-06-11, 06:50 PM
Darryl

Not a philosopher at heart, Darryl nonetheless watches the conversation with great interest as ideas and opinions are thrown back and forth.

"Your words are wise, Rene," he comments after a while, "But even with what you said, we still have to resort on labels and identifications in order to actually live our lives as we know right now, because the world we live in doesn't match up to the perfection of your ideal picture. Or so I think. Does this make any sense?"

esorscher
2010-06-11, 06:59 PM
"As I understand you, you mean to say the world in which we live forces us to identify with groups?"

Cespenar
2010-06-11, 07:21 PM
"Exactly."

esorscher
2010-06-11, 07:28 PM
"I won't argue against that. Accepting the lifestyle I have chosen has caused some... difficulty. Much of what I preach sounds good on paper, but in practice, the absence of morality leads to the breakdown of society. At least, modern society."

esorscher
2010-06-11, 07:29 PM
Forgot that I didn't roll Snow's healing for the other two infusions.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kol Korran
2010-06-12, 01:32 AM
Bana listens carefully to the exchange of words. this is the first time since all met that such a debate has happened. she finds this curious, but good. "I apologize to you Snow. i shall use your term for your people from now on. there are few or any meta-... i mean warforged in Droaam. i was taught to rever and learn the ways of nature and the natural world. your kind seemed a bit... odd to me, but i shall try to learn. so many new things to learn. as to the Flame?" Bana stays silent for a moment, weighing her words. "I do not trust it. too many of my people died at flame knights' swords while they fought the "monsters" we are bound to serve, even me."

Bana then turns to Rene "I'm not sure, but i think we speak of the same- the Khorvaire races try to uphold morality and values and such by their civilization and codes. but the darkness i speak of, the darkness in all of us, is the natural instincts, the natural beasts in us all. the ones that the Dark Six exploit against us." Bana sighs and speaks more softly, quite sadly actually "I have seen too much in my homeland to deny the savagery inherent. we, me included, try to learn the ways of nature, the primal ways in order to cope better, with the darkness, with whom we really are... with that Bana gets off her stool, her eyes a gloom, her ears low. "Forgive me, i'll retire now. this has been a most... pleasent conversation. but it tired me. i'll see you tommorow."

Cespenar
2010-06-12, 07:43 AM
Darryl

"By the way, Snow," Darryl says as he suddenly remembers something, "Would you give this a look as well?" He hands the journal to the warforged with an expectant look.

"I couldn't help but notice that it somehow responds to your presence, like when you're nearby... here, have a look and you'll see."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-13, 09:21 AM
"Not to interrupt your conversation and all," the innkeeper walks over to your table after having kicked everyone out, "but we're closing up for the night and people wandering around downstairs at night makes other guests feel uneasy. We're one of the few decent places around here you see, so we only have respectable customers in our inn rooms. So if you could please make your way to your rooms and your breakfast will be ready for you in the morning."

--

The night passes and you all get a full night rest (spells replenished, abilities charged, etc). The innkeeper has kept to his word and your breakfast is laid there on the table; the sausages are specifically a delicacy from the Talenta plains, although you'd rather not think about what kind of meat they are.

After you are done eating you see someone approach your table, pull up a chair and pull a hood back from her face. The human female has delicate features, dark blue eyes, and sleek black hair bound with silver and turquoise ornaments. She wears a signet ring of House Cannith on her right ring finger and speaks in a soft but clear voice. "Thank you for coming. We have important business to discuss that relates to the unfortunate death of Bonal Geldem. I assume your interest because you are sitting here in front of me." She clears her throat and has no trace of a smile across her face. You get the distinct impression that she means business and that the situation pertaining his death was something very close to her. "I am Lady Elaydren d’Vown of House Cannith. I have been working with Provost Geldem to recover a family heirloom," Lady Elaydren explains. "We were to meet last night, but as you know, he never made it. I saw from the sidelines what had happened and I waiting until the coast was clear of his attacker before approaching his body and if you hadn't shown up when you did, I would have been the ones attacked rather than you." She bows her head low, thanking each one of you in her own way without being direct. She obviously doesn't want to admit how helpless she actually felt.
"The heirloom, according to family legends, was locked away in a foundry that dates back to pre-Galifar Sharn. Poor Bonal believed he discovered the location of the foundry in an ancient House Cannith journal. I was going to fund an expedition to go to the site, but without Bonal . . . Her voice trails off. Then she leans close as further patrons begin to enter the inn for their own breakfast. "Perhaps you would be willing to recover the heirloom for me. For a generous reward, of course. You have his journal and no doubt you have realised there is some magic to it? If you could hand it here, I shall show you."

LeoMidori
2010-06-13, 05:29 PM
After an uneventful evening inside his room with the others Snow spent in peaceful meditation over the words exchanged between everyone, he was happy he could simply talk business instead of having to defend his faith with his words: not exactly his strong point when he wasn't on the battlefield. Snow properly tied his bandanna over his head as he sat down with lady d'Vown and his compatriots.

"It's a pleasure to meet you miss. I'm just sorry we couldn't reach your friend before he was attacked. As a member of The Church of the Silver Flame, I would be most humbled to help you in whatever way possible." he said, slipping the journal to her and sitting properly. If it was one thing he -was- good for speaking for, it was his church and being a representative.

Kol Korran
2010-06-14, 02:00 AM
Bana watches the woman suspiciously. she heard of the lords and ladies of the Dragonmarked houses, but she had never met one in person till now. curiously, she looked for any signs of a dragonmark. "this is an heirloom worth killing for. what is it exactly lady d'Vown? and who else is looking for it?" Bana tries to read the lady's words and gestures, not trusting yet.

i'm not sure if we're making these rolls or AngelOmnipotent does, but in case we do:
Sense motive [roll0]

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-14, 08:23 AM
"Thank you." She manages to crack a small smile at Snow as the journal is handed over. She then turns to Bana and her limitless curiosity. "You are right to be suspicious and I'm glad you are asking questions; that means to me that you're not going to wander blindly into the first thing that offers you some gold coin. This gives me faith. The relic I seek is an adamantine plate in the shape of a seven-pointed star about the size of your hand," Elaydren explains, nervously fiddling with her signet ring. "It has no special power by itself, but is an ancient schema—a piece of a pattern used by the Cannith artificers of old to craft unusual items. Recover this piece of history for us, and House Cannith will be extremely grateful.
"As for those after it? Bonal's murderer was an agent for the Lord of Blades who wants it for his own nefarious purposes. Other than the Lord of Blades, who may have other agents seeking the schema, who knows what lurks in the hidden places beneath the city? Now that I think about it, Bonal did say that he would definitely need to bring fire on the expedition. I wonder what he meant? Anyway, I urge caution, but I am completely confident that you can handle anything you may encounter in your search."

Sense Motive Result

I have been making the checks for you at this point just in a general manner but if there is something specific you want to check then, by all means, make any rolls you wish to yourself :smallsmile:

She is sitting there nervously, that much is clear. As far as you're aware everything that she is saying is the truth. The nervousness is to do with her telling the truth to essentially strangers, but you also get the impression that she doesn't really have anyone else to turn to.

When she handles the journal her signet ring and the mithral patterning glow softly in unison. When she opens it, the blank pages immediately begin to fill with delicate script and line drawings. She turns to a specific page, studies it for a moment, and then pulls a folded map from inside her cloak.
"The location of the lost foundry is deep within the Dorasharn Tower, and here is a map," she spreads it out over the table, using the pitchers to stop the curling corners. "Fifty-seven levels below the tower’s present-day sewer system, in fact, the E-213 valve cluster. This map shows you how to get to the lower levels and into the sewers, but no further unfortunately so you would have to find another way to discover the location of the cluster. This map belonged to Bonal, but he didn't adventure that far before his death. I offer you one thousand gold pieces, one hundred extra up front to outfit your expedition, and the good will of my house if you recover the heirloom and return it to me. Will you help me?"

esorscher
2010-06-14, 08:58 AM
1000 gold pieces? Rene quickly calculates, thinking how much his share would help cover the costs of his father's treatments. "I'm in."

LeoMidori
2010-06-14, 12:59 PM
Snow listened intently to what was being said, his curiousity perked as she mentioned the Lord of Blades. "That would explain why a warforged attacked him..." he said worriedly. "The one we fought on the bridge... when I struck her down, a small sphere flew away from her. Does that mean anything? Also, do you have any idea of how many agents are in the area? I can take some down, but we aren't an army..."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-14, 01:18 PM
"That does concern me," she replies to Snow. "What you saw was something called a Final Messenger. It has sent message of our involvement to the Lord of Blades himself. I can only suggest that you work faster than he can organise some kind of opposing force, although he is likely only to send individuals against you rather than a full force. Any large uproar would then have the entire nation involved, let alone a few adventurers."

Cespenar
2010-06-14, 03:21 PM
Darryl generally keeps quiet, taking in all those information and only nodding once when their help is asked. He was waiting for such jobs for some time now, ones that at least seem noble enough to satisfy his conscience and maybe pull him out of his bad reputation into a little glory.

LeoMidori
2010-06-14, 07:00 PM
Snow sat for a moment, contemplating. This all sounded like a good opportunity, but he couldn't help but feel there was something under all of this... like he was going to be pulling at a stick and suddenly uprooting a tree. At the same time, he did trust this young lady, and it looked as if she really did need his help. "...Alright miss. I accept this mission. I just pray our fortune is better then your friend.
"Is there -anything- else you think we should be aware of before we leave?"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-14, 07:12 PM
"You should find a doorway within the valve cluster with a seal the same marking as Bonal's Journal. Here, take it. Open the seal and the tunnel it leads to will take you to a long-forgotten level of the tower. You should find what I'm looking for there." She hands you the journal and 100gp each as a sign of good faith. "I can't say that there is a time limit, that journal is the only thing that can open that doorway. However the longer you take the more danger you put us both in and House Cannith will likely hold you responsible should anything happen to me, albeit against my wishes. It's not a threat by any means, but it's the way the House works and there is not a lot I can do about that."

Kol Korran
2010-06-15, 06:18 AM
Bana nods her consent to the mission "Where you go, i follow. Bonal suggested we take fire. so perhaps we should buy oil? or some of that Alchemist fire i've heard of? i would suggest we use some of our money to perhaps acquire a Jorasco curing wand. any other ideas Rene? Darryl? Snow?"

Cespenar
2010-06-15, 06:22 PM
Darryl

"As I said, I don't know much about magical items, but I guess a source of healing would definitely be useful. I'd gladly pay my share of it," he answers, weighing the coin-filled pouch in his hand.

esorscher
2010-06-15, 07:24 PM
"I know of a few scrolls that would be of use." Rene says. "Whatever's left after the wand and the alchemist's fire, I'll use to buy some scrolls. I know a guy."

Kol Korran
2010-06-16, 06:48 AM
OOC:
since no one had any objections, i tried to summarize all the purchasing info into this little post. Esorscher- i left the party with 25 gp, so you have 75 gp worth of scrolls to buy. hope this is ok.
also, hopefully i didn't "god mode" anyone. i apologize if i have, just tried to move this along

The Party
the four talked amongst them about preperations to the exploration of lower Sharn. Fire was paramount, as Bonal mentioned. a source of healing, perhaps a jorasco wand could be acquired by Darryl. they all agreed this would be a good idea.
Snow mentioned purchasing a rope, since no one had any. he suggested a source of light, but Bana mumbled a small incantation before his shield shed light, like a torch. the goblin promised she could do this as often as needed.
Lastly, Rene, still remembering their opposition, requested to use some of the funds to purchase a few arcane scrolls that might be "an unexpected advantage".
having settled the matter, the party went and bought the needed supplies, now ready to descend to the bowles of Sharn.

4 alchemist fire- 80 gp. we each have one. hopefully this will be enough.
CLW wand, 14 charges- 210 gp. not sure who best carry it, Rene or Bana. i have no problems taking healing duty.
rope- 10gp. carried by Snow.
75 gp worth of scrolls.
25gp left for party, in case we need to buy something in a hurry, or a sky coach or whatever.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-17, 07:13 AM
You easily follow Lady Elaydren's map down the levels of the tower and into the sub-sections, however once you find the sewer sections you're in need of help to find the E-213 valve cluster.

The tunnels and corridors at this level of the tower are narrow and dark. An occasional window slit looks out upon the crowded walls and foundations of other towers, and infrequently placed torches sputter here and there, giving off pallid pools of light and clouds of smoke. Even so, rough and dirty people crowd the narrow corridors, and the smell of sweat and sewage permeates the stale air. One tunnel opens onto a large chamber, where a mix of goblins, humans, and shifters gather around a small pile of garbage spread across three rotting blankets. One of the goblins shouts, "No pushing! No pushing! There’s always enough for everyone at the Rat’s Market!" He seems to be in charge of the goods on the blanket.
"I’ve got a rare stick of sealing wax, only partially used, for a mere sixty cop-pers," the goblin merchant says. "Or maybe you could use this fine woolen blanket with just a hint of mildew? Only thirty-nine coppers. How about a skewer of boiled rat meat? For you, just five silver." He doesn't seem to be speaking to anyone in particular, just picking out random people from the crowd.

Cespenar
2010-06-17, 11:39 AM
Darryl

Frowning a little and twitching his nose because of the mixed sewage smell, Darryl turns to his companions.

"So, should we ask for directions? That goblin there looks like he might know a thing or two, but he's likely to charge us for that knowledge as well. And I'm not, well, very 'persuasive' when it comes to negotiating."

esorscher
2010-06-17, 12:06 PM
I'll take healing duty, unless you actually want it. I'm picking up 3 scrolls of Ray of Enfeeblement.

"Good thinking, Darryl."

Kol Korran
2010-06-17, 12:07 PM
Bana

Bana shows some distaste, but also some interest in the overall aroma. while muttering all kind of (undoubtadly) curses in Goblin she seems to go and look at the various things, interested and intrigued desipte herself (strange, considering how close she was while in the upper sections of Sharn)

"Ani Bana, ze Grumah. eh korim leha? ma yesh leha limkor? lebnei haadam yitahen sheyihiye esek itha."* she speaks to the goblin, before she starts rummaging through his stuff, her eyes on other stalls as well. she lifts up the blanket and sniffs through it.

* "I am Bana, this is Grumah. what's your name? what do you have to sell? the humans might have some business with you"

i am actually curious about the wares. looking for odd and ends, especially something for Grumah perhaps. a treat? or some sort of fetish or possibly shamnistic things. a bag of bones?
in any case, i'm rolling a search [roll0]

also, i will cast Guidance on whomever chooses to be the spokesman. the last time i chose Rene cause it was his city, but it could be anyone. non of us are good at social skills, so i think just whomever feels like it?
Edit: just saw your post esorscher. the wand is yours then.

LeoMidori
2010-06-17, 01:11 PM
Snow didn't like this place: not because the people were poor, but because they were poor and crowded -way- too closely around him for his comfort. He decided to keep his eyes open while here...
Spot check for anyone trying to pickpocket us, or any other odd activity. [roll0]

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-19, 07:51 AM
"My name is Skahan, my lady Bana." His voice, you have now realised, to be rather sophisticated, and shockingly so "and while I appreciate our native tongue it has gotten me into more trouble than it's worth; paranoia around here is rife, and people think you're talking about them."

While you are talking to Skahan and looking through what he has to sell, Snow notices that one of the shifters in the crowd is paying you a lot more attention than is due, and when your eyes meet he melds back into the crowd.

Bending down to look across his blankets, Bana:
As much time as you had spent in this city and enjoyed it, your mind had been elsewhere and forgot about the knowledge of your carved runes. Two of them, 'Fortune' and 'Danger' fall out of their bag and land on the ground face up. When you go to pick them up you find underneath the junk a bundle of three unused sunrods.
"Can I help you, perhaps? I can't help but notice that you look rather lost. Need some help finding your way? I'm always willing to lend a hand to my customers after all."

Kol Korran
2010-06-19, 09:30 AM
Bana grimaces to herself. The runes! the signs! i have been foolish! and now they show me- when going into darkness, into danger, they guide me to a great source of light! 3 sticks, like the 3 blind-in-the-dark that i follow. it is a sign!

Bana rises holding the the sunrods firmly in one hand, also quite impressed by the merchant. "you are wiser than you seem friend Skahan. i know too well of the whispers of paranoia and shadows. and you are observant as well. a fine goblin indeed. we do seek a guide, to the E-213 cluster (the last words sticking through her mouth, sounding so foreign and unnatural). i also wish to buy these firefly sticks. i shall pray to the gods to watch you safe. what is your price Skahan?"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-22, 07:23 PM
"For you?" he replies, a smile ear-to-ear, "You can have the sunrods for free if you decide to hire my services as a guide. I know these tunnels better than most, I was born down here and used to play as a child when times weren't as sinister. I can offer my services until the entrance of the valve cluster for a mere 60 silver. What do you say?"

Kol Korran
2010-06-23, 01:47 AM
Bana takes out 6 gold coins, and place them at Skahan's hand. "Lead the way". she says, before getting up on Grumah again, and telling the party they now have a guide. she offers each a sun rod, in case things get "too dark".

OOC: probably should have just said something one these lines sooner. to move things along. off to the sewers are we?

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-24, 06:55 PM
OOC: Sorry I'm slowly losing it, I could've sworn I posted a reply yesterday!

"Just give me an hour to pack away my things and I'll be with you." He replies alongside a polite bow.

An hour passes and true to his word, Skakan takes you deeper into the depths of the tower. It takes a further four hours to reach where he is taking you and he spends the time relatively silent. He gives one-word answers to most of your questions and while he has agreed to show you down this far, he obviously doesn't feel entirely comfortable with it. Anything for some gold, it seems.

"It's here." Skakan points out a narrow passage that leads to a staircase descending even deeper still into the tower. With each step down, the odor of mold and sewage becomes stronger, and you can hear liquid sounds increasing in volume as you descend.

"This is as far as I go, though. I'm no fighter unfortunately, so I can't join you as much as my curiosity would want me to. Good luck."

He heads back up the stairs and disappears into the darkness as quick as you came, and the haunting white noise of running water fills your ears once more.

-- Hold this space for map details, feel free to RP post in the meantime --

LeoMidori
2010-06-24, 09:13 PM
Snow was grateful that they had finally arrived at the valve cluster, quickly thanking Skakan for leading the group here. He was hoping that he was lead to the right place, and that they could somehow make the journey back up to The Broken Anvil once they were finished... but they had barely even begun.

"Well everyone, let us head right inside. I'll lead the way, provided someone keeps the way lit for me." he said, drawing his old sword and his heavy sheild.

Kol Korran
2010-06-25, 01:27 AM
"I'll keep to the back. i can cover ground quickly riding Grumah." after a short incantation Snow's shield glows in a soft light.

the light spell holds for about 10 minutes. assume Bana is casting it every so often to keep the light up. unless youguys prefer the sunrods?

esorscher
2010-06-25, 01:51 AM
Rene moves in front of Bana and her companion. "I'll stay back here--I'm not too quick to tangle with that assassin again."

Cespenar
2010-06-25, 07:27 AM
Darryl

"Well, that leaves..." Darryl trails off with a grin in his face, taking his place behind the warforged and drawing out his morningstar.

LeoMidori
2010-06-25, 03:29 PM
"Alright then. Onwards..." Snow said, his sword ready to strike at any moment, his smooth shield keeping the way lit as he began the decent downwards.

Spot check while moving down. [roll0]
Also, I'd personally prefer if we used a sunrod, but I'll do without if no-one wants to hold it.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-28, 05:17 AM
MAP:

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/blowlotsup/TFF-2-5.jpg

1 Square = 5ft.

Light: Light spell from Snow's shield.
Water is classed as difficult terrain.

Every few seconds or so you hear a loud gushing sound up ahead, and as you reach the bottom of the stairs there are sewage valves lining the walls as far as you can see, and by the sound of it they're further along too. They expel a foul-smelling water into a gully that runs down the centre of the passageway, 2ft deep with 5ft high walkways either side as you move further down. You'd figure that if anyone was to be standing next to one of the valves as it does so would likely be knocked over by the force.

Kol Korran
2010-06-28, 12:52 PM
Bana shudders, and you hear her whimper for a moment "Rushing water! the devourer's domain..." for a moment she grast at the back of Grumah's neck, almost stopping. but then she grunts and continues following you, ears pressed back, hands tight on her shield and club.

Cespenar
2010-06-30, 04:40 PM
So, a couple of questions. Or three.

1. The walkway is the boxed area in lines 10 and 13, right?
2. Does the water rush out and stop in some time intervals, or was that just our bad hearing? I mean, is the flow continuous or not?
3. Is it possible to Tumble past the valves, avoiding the gushes of water?

Darryl frowns as he examines the sewage works from afar.

"Seems kind of dangerous, if not dirty. Let's hope we don't run into something while passing through," he mumbles, but there isn't much hope in his tone.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-07-01, 06:52 AM
1. Yes
2. The water gushes out of a random pipe every (in game terms) round. Pretty much as enough people in the tower above flush the toilet for it to build up sufficient pressure :smallamused:
3. You get a reflex save if you're standing in front of it during a combat, but otherwise I'm not going to be a pain and say it randomly knocks you over if you're trying your best to avoid the valves.

Bene ahead of her can see all the valves with her superior vision and notices that it is truly random as to which one opens. As Snow moves ahead and stops at his position the valve across on the northern side (S Column) bursts open, narrowly missing him from behind, reaching all the way across before running into the gully. Whatever is coming out of those valves is definitely not something you want to be covered in when you resurface from here.

As the passageway leads down there are curtains upon curtains of thin wispy moss-like plant life draping from the ceiling that are more like cobwebs than greenery, and drip water as they collect the condensation in the air. Even though you're far underground the air is not stuffy and a slight hint of a fresh breeze furrows around your feet, resting above the water.

You head forwards expecting trouble, but what you see is not what you've been expecting. The water around your legs, even with the slight illumination you have, turns a visibly viscous, blackened colour. It bunches around your legs before your nostrils soon tell you what it is: the sharp, pungent tell-tale smell of lamp oil, rising even above the stench of the sewage, and it's flowing all around you.

MAP:
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/blowlotsup/TFF-2-5-1.jpg

The water is flowing from East to West, it moves 5ft every 2 rounds, and the oil is coming from one of the smaller pipes behind the grate to the East. The oil has reached all the way across to the M column before you noticed it, covering all the water behind it too. IE. You really are standing in it.

Cespenar
2010-07-01, 04:25 PM
Darryl starts as he notices the black liquid, his eyes growing wide.

"Is that- damn!"

He hastily climbs the walkway, pulling himself with ease. Looking for a place to stand and not be in front of the valves, he squeezes between two of them where Bana is standing.

Move to R10, squeezing beside Bana.

Kol Korran
2010-07-02, 12:50 AM
Bana

the goblin woman curses. up the sides! quickly, we'll run to the other side! hurry!

if the rest climbed to the sides, she follows them on Grumah, whsipering prayers the whole time.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-07-06, 04:10 PM
The valve at the far end of the passageway bursts open and throws its gushing water into the channel before stopping again. It seems top disperse the oil slightly but it all gathers back together again.

"You have the Provost's journal, am I correct?" It was a rhetorical question; the tone of voice showed that he knew precisely what he was talking about, "If you throw it into the water and walk away, you'll escape with your lives. If not, be prepared to cook."

The voice is echoing all around the area. and has a slight metallic undertone to it. You're not sure what direction it's coming from.

MAP

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/blowlotsup/TFF-2-5.jpg

LeoMidori
2010-07-06, 07:01 PM
Snow snarled as he heard a voice threaten him and his friends. Damn... it was all a trap...

"You want to burn us alive even if we still have the journal? I'll toss it in the fire if you try!" Snow yells, moving along the narrow pathway to try and get ahead of the oil, somehow getting the feeling the voice may light it anyway.

Moving to space K13, taking two move actions. Also, rolling a listen check to see if I can get an idea where the voice is coming from.
[roll0]

Kol Korran
2010-07-07, 06:14 AM
ahead of the oil, ahead of the oil!" Bana rushes Grumah to the fathest dry place, looking and listening all the time. this is just a cave. a different cave, but still the same. i know caves. with her darkvision she scans the surroundings.

Grumah's double move to H10. Bana is using her actions (if it's possible) to look for the opponent.
spot [roll0]

esorscher
2010-07-07, 08:35 AM
Rene follows behind Snow silently, not wishing to give away their number to the enemy.

Move to I13.

Listen Check: [roll0]

Cespenar
2010-07-07, 04:29 PM
Deep in the sewers and out of his element, Darryl continues to move behind Bana nevertheless, keeping his morningstar ready, and expecting an attack to come in any second.

Double move to J10.