PDA

View Full Version : Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Color...[3.5 Base Class]

Temotei
2010-06-02, 01:09 AM
Abandoned in favor of a feat and spell.

PersonMan
2010-06-02, 04:27 PM
So this is what you were talking about during the early phase of the Energy Project.

Good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Lifeson
2010-06-02, 04:43 PM
Looks pretty awesome.

arguskos
2010-06-02, 04:58 PM
Several things I see so far.

1. It's not done. It's highly unlike you to present undone materials. Odd.

2. The spectrum blast is basically a reflavored, slower, slightly wider Eldritch Blast, which bugs me. It screams "this is a Warlock rip", and I know for a fact you're capable of better than that (Earthshaker, my favorite of your work, proves it).

3. This is very hard to judge, due to being unfinished, but from first glance, it appears to be the illicit lovechild of a Warlock with a color fetish and a Bard who can only count in sevens. While this isn't BAD, I was somehow expecting something more from this color project you've been cooking for so long. I'll reserve final judgment until it's done enough for me to actually read straight through without wanting to cry from spelling errors, bad grammar, and incomplete entries. :smallwink:

Temotei
2010-06-02, 05:04 PM
1. It's not done. It's highly unlike you to present undone materials. Odd.

Indeed. I wanted badly to work on it on the laptop. That's the only reason.

2. The spectrum blast is basically a reflavored, slower, slightly wider Eldritch Blast, which bugs me. It screams "this is a Warlock rip", and I know for a fact you're capable of better than that (Earthshaker, my favorite of your work, proves it).

That basically was my biggest worry, but at the same time, spectrum swatches are going to be nothing like invocations. I'm going to alter the blast when I think of something flavorful, however. I'm not happy with it, you'll be happy to read.

3. This is very hard to judge, due to being unfinished, but from first glance, it appears to be the illicit lovechild of a Warlock with a color fetish and a Bard who can only count in sevens.

Bard? :smallsigh: Darn it. I must change it now.

While this isn't BAD, I was somehow expecting something more from this color project you've been cooking for so long. I'll reserve final judgment until it's done enough for me to actually read straight through without wanting to cry from spelling errors, bad grammar, and incomplete entries. :smallwink:

Eh. I haven't really been working on it for that long. Mostly, I've worked on it late at night when I've had little sleep, lending to the poor construction and unfinished business.

In fact, so far, I'm not so proud of this class. It's alright, I suppose, but I was hoping to make something more than just another spellcasting variant class.

Thanks for the above compliment, though. :smallamused:

Also, any ideas are welcome. As of now, I'm considering making a martial class (as in Tome of Battle), but I kind of want to stay away from that so everyone can use it, even if they don't like Tome of Battle. I was reserving that idea for a prestige class.

Another idea I had was prism aspects, which basically allowed the prism to pick a color for a day and manifest qualities of that color, including the ability to use swatches from that color. That would take an immense amount of balancing, but it's an idea. I had it down originally, but I scrapped the crappy version.

Temotei
2010-06-02, 07:14 PM
This is currently undergoing a major overhaul. I've done away with the whole spellcasting system and set up a quasi-maneuver system that acts off of points. It's far more original, in my opinion. The prism will gain more abilities at the rate of a fighter's bonus feat progression.

Some of the old abilities will stay, however, such as energy resistance and absorption.

The prism will become extremely versatile and customizable for the player that loves to make a unique character with their class choices and their role playing.

I have some prestige class plans based on this idea as well.