PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-12, 07:53 PM
Keep in mind, just because you're idea is possibly unique, doesn't mean it will jump you to the front of the list on appeearing in the story. Like Shiro said, there are plenty of people waiting who have requested months ahead of you, mongoose, on appearing in the story.

Well, you can use filler parts to introduce somebody's character at least.

Fable Wright
2011-02-12, 09:13 PM
Well, you can use filler parts to introduce somebody's character at least.

Or not... the story has it's own way of introducing characters. Namely, when you least expect them, they come out of nowhere. Knowing they're coming ahead of time kinda ruins it...

Viera Champion
2011-02-12, 10:25 PM
Someone called Pearl or Opera or something... :smalltongue:

You're hilarrrriioooussss.:smallwink:

@^ Too true...

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-13, 11:15 AM
Look, the reason I was pushing for my character to be introduced is because I saw a golden opportunity when silver said he needed filler.

xelliea
2011-02-13, 01:07 PM
Look, the reason I was pushing for my character to be introduced is because I saw a golden opportunity when silver said he needed filler.

Maybe, but you have more of a chance of getting in if you don't push :smallsmile:.

Also, I know it isn't much but I need a paladin for a guest chapter, I could use your character if you would like.

EDIT: Maybe a Paladin Academy banner could both make peole more aware of it and look nice, just an idea.

Silverraptor
2011-02-13, 01:31 PM
EDIT: Maybe a Paladin Academy banner could both make peole more aware of it and look nice, just an idea.

If you're asking me to make a Paladin Academy Banner, that would just delay the next part even more because I would have to divert my focus on how the Banner would look like and then draw it out myself. But if any of you want to make a banner, be my guest.:smallsmile:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-13, 01:32 PM
Also, I know it isn't much but I need a paladin for a guest chapter, I could use your character if you would like.

No, sorry, he's not a member of the academy yet, otherwise he would have stood out, and therefore been introduced far earlier.

Another guest chapter, this ones is directly before the other one.

Ragnar
Bandit leader
Elderly man
Mordokai
Ragnar was walking on the road, wandering, because his clan's shaman had told him to, when his warrior instinct told him something was up. He strained his ears and heard something up ahead,. He crept quietly until he spotted some activity up ahead. An elderly couple holding a bag were being menaced by four bandits, two of them with bows.
Where'd you get that money, old man?
One of them asked. He was obviously the leader, he carried an axe and a dagger, and wore a suit of scale mail.
It's going to a priest to heal my dying son.

No it ain't, it's going to our coffers.

Ragnar wasn't sure what he did next. As swift and silent as the tiger spirit his clan worshiped, he struck like a lightning bolt, catching the first bandit archer by surprise. His axe cleaved through the bandit's leather armor like it was parchment, killing him instantly.
The bandits turned, and the other archer fired a shot, which he dodged easily. Than the other bandit charged him with his short sword. He blocked with his axe and punched him straight in the jaw, knocking him out.
By now, the archer had gotten another arrow, which he fired, scoring a minor hit. The bandit leader than attacked, his axe high and his dagger low, the axe was blocked, and Ragnar shifted his body in an attempt to dodge, but the dagger still scored a minor hit.
Meanwhile, the old couple started to back away, but the archer strung an arrow and held the bow at half draw, ready to fire if they tried to escape. However, he suddenly felt a searing pain in his chest, and looked down to see a sword tip poking out from it.
Ragnar blocked the next axe swing from the bandit leader by simply cleaving it's haft in two. The bandit leader looked at what was now just a stick, snarled, and attacked viciously with his dagger. But he didn't wield it with as much skill as the axe, and Ragnar easily fought him off, scoring a few hits.
Ragnar than went on the offense, scoring a bad blow, and the bandit leader gasped in pain. Quick to sieze the advantage, Ragnar finished him with a blow to the neck, and it was over.
He quickly turned to take care of the other archer, but when he did, he instead saw a man wearing shining armor and carrying a sword.
Good work, the couple have already continued onward.

What did I just do?

You have heard the call of a paladin.

The call of a paladin?

Aye, it is a call for justice, a call for good.

Well, what do I do now?

You come with me, to the academy.

Ragnar thought back to when the clan's shaman had talked to him, maybe this is was what he had meant.
Hmmmm, okay.

Good, then come on, my name is Mordokai.

My name is Ragnar.

Mordokai just gestured for him to come, and began walking. Ragnar hurried to catch up.

Just for the sake of convenience, I'll repost crystal power ideas here.
Extreme reflexes (passive), some frightening ability (active or passive), or shapeshifting into predatory animals (active, and y'know, house cats are technically predators).

Reposted below.

Viera Champion
2011-02-13, 04:59 PM
If you're asking me to make a Paladin Academy Banner, that would just delay the next part even more because I would have to divert my focus on how the Banner would look like and then draw it out myself. But if any of you want to make a banner, be my guest.:smallsmile:

I can probably find someone to make one. I might try drawing some character too, though I don't do well with armor... Or feet.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-13, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, for Ragnar's weapon, Blue should make a metal-hafted axe or a sword with the weight and balance of an axe.

Reposted below.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-13, 10:30 PM
Hiya! I'm new here, but I've been reading this for a while (just not as a forum member), anyway, I have a character idea, he's a paladin, but not your typical paladin, he's from a barbarian tribe, and Blue specifically made him a battleaxe instead of a sword. His name? I dunno, how about... Ragnar?

This can be canon or non-canon. (please be canon!)
Ragnar
Mordokai
As they walked to the academy, Mordokai wondered about this Ragnar. He was from one of the northern tribes, that was for sure, so what was he doing here?
Are you an orphan?

A what? Ragnar responded gruffly.

Are your parents dead?

Yes, what's it to you?

Everyone who comes to the academy is an orphan.

Mm.

Mordokai decided to change the subject.
It was very brave of you to attack those bandits, you wield that axe with skill.

Those honorless dogs were threatening some defenseless elders. Ragnar looked at his axe.
The axe is my favored weapon, I don't think I could wield any other.

Hmmm, I'll have to get Blue to make you one instead of a sword.

Blue?

A wizard.

Ragnar spat on the ground.
Poxy weaklings, though it'll be nice to have a magic weapon.

Mordokai decided to talk about something else.
So what are you doing so far from your home?

My clan's shaman sent me to explore, he told me he had sensed something in me.

Hmmm, maybe he was on to something. Mordokai said, as much to himself as Ragnar.

Maybe.

Mordokai had a lot to think about. They walked to the academy in silence.

You could have one of the filler parts be about him arriving at the academy.

No, sorry, he's not a member of the academy yet, otherwise he would have stood out, and therefore been introduced far earlier.

Another guest chapter, this ones is directly before the other one. Read this one before the other one.

Ragnar
Bandit leader
Elderly man
Mordokai
Ragnar was walking on the road, wandering, because his clan's shaman had told him to, when his warrior instinct told him something was up. He strained his ears and heard something up ahead,. He crept quietly until he spotted some activity up ahead. An elderly couple holding a bag were being menaced by four bandits, two of them with bows.
Where'd you get that money, old man?
One of them asked. He was obviously the leader, he carried an axe and a dagger, and wore a suit of scale mail.
It's going to a priest to heal my dying son.

No it ain't, it's going to our coffers.

Ragnar wasn't sure what he did next. As swift and silent as the tiger spirit his clan worshiped, he struck like a lightning bolt, catching the first bandit archer by surprise. His axe cleaved through the bandit's leather armor like it was parchment, killing him instantly.
The bandits turned, and the other archer fired a shot, which he dodged easily. Than the other bandit charged him with his short sword. He blocked with his axe and punched him straight in the jaw, knocking him out.
By now, the archer had gotten another arrow, which he fired, scoring a minor hit. The bandit leader than attacked, his axe high and his dagger low, the axe was blocked, and Ragnar shifted his body in an attempt to dodge, but the dagger still scored a minor hit.
Meanwhile, the old couple started to back away, but the archer strung an arrow and held the bow at half draw, ready to fire if they tried to escape. However, he suddenly felt a searing pain in his chest, and looked down to see a sword tip poking out from it.
Ragnar blocked the next axe swing from the bandit leader by simply cleaving it's haft in two. The bandit leader looked at what was now just a stick, snarled, and attacked viciously with his dagger. But he didn't wield it with as much skill as the axe, and Ragnar easily fought him off, scoring a few hits.
Ragnar than went on the offense, scoring a bad blow, and the bandit leader gasped in pain. Quick to sieze the advantage, Ragnar finished him with a blow to the neck, and it was over.
He quickly turned to take care of the other archer, but when he did, he instead saw a man wearing shining armor and carrying a sword.
Good work, the couple have already continued onward.

What did I just do?

You have heard the call of a paladin.

The call of a paladin?

Aye, it is a call for justice, a call for good.

Well, what do I do now?

You come with me, to the academy.

Ragnar thought back to when the clan's shaman had talked to him, maybe this is was what he had meant.
Hmmmm, okay.

Good, then come on, my name is Mordokai.

My name is Ragnar.

Mordokai just gestured for him to come, and began walking. Ragnar hurried to catch up.

Crystal power ideas: Extreme reflexes (passive), some frightening ability (active or passive), or shapeshifting into predatory animals (active, and y'know, house cats are technically predators).

Oh yeah, for Ragnar's weapon, Blue should make a metal-hafted axe or a sword with the weight and balance of an axe.

Posting all this in one thing for convenience.

Edit: as decided by myself, these stories will be non-canon.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-14, 02:08 PM
Nobody's posted today, so I'm posting.

Anyway, if you go with the idea of Blue making Ragnar a sword with the balance of an axe, than he can already be in the academy. However, if you go with Blue making him an axe, than he sticks out too much and has no valid reason for being introduced so late.

EDIT: I just found out why Viola's not on here anymore, in her profile it says she's in south africa America for a couple of years, with little chance of Internet access.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-14, 04:25 PM
...just for the record, I think people generally frown on double posting. Don't think there's a rule, but just in case you didn't know. :)
A short period of silence isn't a bad thing. It happens.

As for your point, it could easily be possible that he was out on a mission/training trip/something.

Viera Champion
2011-02-14, 04:26 PM
Nobody's posted today, so I'm posting.

Anyway, if you go with the idea of Blue making Ragnar a sword with the balance of an axe, than he can already be in the academy. However, if you go with Blue making him an axe, than he sticks out too much and has no valid reason for being introduced so late.

EDIT: I just found out why Viola's not on here anymore, in her profile it says she's in south africa for a couple of years, with little chance of Internet access.

Awwww... I miss Je Dit... We RP'd together...

Anyways, it's a story. Your character can be introduced later and have been in the academy for a while, even with the axe idea. It's fine.

There is a rule against double posting though it is rarely enforced. I don't mind double posting so much but try not to triple post.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-14, 06:44 PM
You miss Jeudi? Bet you don't miss her more than I do.
(Sorry, jealousy and competitive streak get the best of me sometimes.)

... And she's in South America, not South Africa.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-14, 07:49 PM
You miss Jeudi? Bet you don't miss her more than I do.
(Sorry, jealousy and competitive streak get the best of me sometimes.)

... And she's in South America, not South Africa.

Oh, sorry, misread.

Saint Nil
2011-02-14, 09:12 PM
If it might make people Paladin Academy addiction a little easier to cope with, I'll take 5-10 people and write a non-cannon series set about 5 years in the future. I'll try to stay away from the maincast to allow secondary characters who haven't had alot of attention to shine.

So, Mordokai, Nil, Penny, and Viola won't appear except in reference. Maybe Kurama.

Anyone interested?

Blue Ghost
2011-02-14, 09:13 PM
Sure, why not?

Saint Nil, where have you been? I missed you so much!

Saint Nil
2011-02-14, 09:17 PM
Ummmmm.

*looks through list of excuses*

Hippo attack
Schoolwork
Alien Abduction
Yeti Convention
Drafted

Good to know I was missed though.:smallbiggrin:

V-Funniest thing I've heard all day. Want to be in the story?

BisectedBrioche
2011-02-14, 09:18 PM
Those damn hippos are as vicious as yetis are strict on punctuality!

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-14, 10:15 PM
If it might make people Paladin Academy addiction a little easier to cope with, I'll take 5-10 people and write a non-cannon series set about 5 years in the future. I'll try to stay away from the maincast to allow secondary characters who haven't had alot of attention to shine.

So, Mordokai, Nil, Penny, and Viola won't appear except in reference. Maybe Kurama.

Anyone interested?

No, and why wouldn't Mordokai be in it? He's head of the academy.

Viera Champion
2011-02-14, 10:26 PM
No, and why wouldn't Mordokai be in it? He's head of the academy.

Because he is in the main story all the time. It's a story. It bends to the author, not the other way around.

I am certainly interested in the idea, and would think it would be neat for this who have to wait to get their characters in. Not to mention you might accidentally inspire Silver too. Also you should totally include Kurama in these stories.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-14, 11:04 PM
One concern I may have is that we don't know how much Paladin Academy will have changed by the end of the story. Any story that takes place in the future may not mesh well with the direction canon is scheduled to take.

Silverraptor
2011-02-14, 11:50 PM
One concern I may have is that we don't know how much Paladin Academy will have changed by the end of the story. Any story that takes place in the future may not mesh well with the direction canon is scheduled to take.

Which is why he said non-cannon. I actually like this idea. I'm actually a little unnerved by how obsessed some people seem to be about the next update. This might give me some breather room.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-14, 11:52 PM
I suppose non-canon might work. I have an aversion to non-canon, but I'm willing to work withit.
Then again, this story is already non-canon with regards to the Playground, so...

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-15, 12:38 AM
I suppose non-canon might work. I have an aversion to non-canon, but I'm willing to work withit.
Then again, this story is already non-canon with regards to the Playground, so...

The Playground HAS a Canon? :smallconfused::smalleek:

Saint Nil
2011-02-15, 09:01 AM
I believe he is referring to the personalities of the characters in the story compared to the real posters in the playground. THe best examples being how RabbitHoleLost herself said she was not a neat-freak in real life, Kurama doesn't have a crush on Viola, Grim isn't a sociopath, etc.

And yes Silver, I thought since people wanted to see themselves in a story so bad this might allow you to actually right instead of assuring people they will appear eventually.

So Blue, Bis, and Kurama. Still excepting applications, and if you have yet to appear in the story please tell me what your crystal does.

BisectedBrioche
2011-02-15, 12:42 PM
I believe he is referring to the personalities of the characters in the story compared to the real posters in the playground. THe best examples being how RabbitHoleLost herself said she was not a neat-freak in real life, Kurama doesn't have a crush on Viola, Grim isn't a sociopath, etc.

And yes Silver, I thought since people wanted to see themselves in a story so bad this might allow you to actually right instead of assuring people they will appear eventually.

So Blue, Bis, and Kurama. Still excepting applications, and if you have yet to appear in the story please tell me what your crystal does.

That sounds interesting. :smallbiggrin:

xelliea
2011-02-15, 01:55 PM

Anyone interested?

If you want to use my character then that would be great, i also need 2 paladins for my next guest chapter, could someone help me by suggesting who, they don't have to be in the story.

Viera Champion
2011-02-15, 04:02 PM

That's what you think.:smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-15, 04:09 PM
:o
Scandalous!

Blue Ghost
2011-02-15, 06:54 PM
It appears everyone has a crush on Viola. But I assure you, I was there before all of you!
Well, perhaps with the exception of Recaiden.

Partysan
2011-02-16, 08:51 PM
So, I decided to post my first draft for a backstory of Ysan. If you like it (especially you Silver) it might improve my odds to appear in the story, if not then it will at least keep the readers busy while the next chapter is being written.
I'm sorry about the colors, but most of the speech colors are already taken. I just used some that I thought were free, but they're somewhat difficult to make out. The Paladin is supposed to be Nil, I hope I got the color right.
Speaking of speech color, what would you think about having the cast on the first page written in the person's speech color, the names I mean?

The meditation ended. Ysan took his time as the monks of various ages quietly stood up and left the hall, returning to their chores or, as was the case for him, to the bodily exercises. Lined up in the training yard they performed forms, movement after movement repeated so many times their bodies took over their minds and flowed into position without thinking. Sweat was dripping from the young man’s forehead, but he welcomed the exercise as it helped him clear his mind better than any of the meditations the monks were so fond of. Still, this was his life as he’d known it from the beginning, and there wasn’t actually anything bad about it.

The monastery normally wouldn’t take in a child, but they had made an exception for it had been his mother’s last request the monks had told him since he had been too young to remember anything about his life before the monastery. The workers around the monastery who weren’t monks themselves had children themselves and the monks would allow him to play with them so he wouldn’t be lonely. Later, when he’d turn thirteen, he often snuck out and visited the nearby townspeople. He made some friends over there, and although he suspected the monks knew about his endeavors they had decided to turn a blind eye. Only when he had used the temple’s arts to put a bully in his place the head monk had scolded him sternly and now he was to be accompanied by one of the monks if he wanted to leave the
temple’s grounds.

The men broke up into groups of two for a gentle style of sparring. He found himself pitted against Marcom, one of the brothers, who had been his teachers. The large dark-skinned man easily fended off his advances, leaving him stumbling about, unable to get a hold of that man easily thrice his own age who moved so slow and gently. Finally Ysan’s teacher got a hold of his wrist and gently pressed down on his elbow to lead him in around in a circle and finally to the ground. When Ysan bent his arm to avoid being taken down, the older one just gripped through the crook of his arm, catching his own wrist and gently forcing the young man on his back. Marcom slowly shook his head.

I know, I lost again.

That’s not the point, son, and you know it. We aren’t fighting here. What we’re trying to do is to be one with the other’s movements. This is an exercise of harmony, and you’re making it out to be one of aggression.

You know as well as I that these movements can be used to fight!

And you know as well as I do that exactly that willingness of yours to do so is what has caused all of your recent trouble in the first place, so please just accept that our principles are based on peace, as we’ve been telling you for almost your whole lifetime. the elder calmly remarked before leaving the training yard and Ysan to his thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------

It was only two days later. Ysan was to visit then town together with Oran, a brother who had already reached his seventies, to aid him in making some purchases for the monastery and to carry groceries. They had spent almost all afternoon in town. On the way home, when they passed a narrow alleyway, a yell pierced the air. Ysan jerked, dropping all goods and turning towards the noise. He saw a young man, kneeling and obviously in pain, behind him a girl who desperately shook her clenched fists against a grown man towering the both of them, slowly creeping near. Ysan started out towards the three, but felt a pull on his left sleeve.

Don’t do that again. Leave him to his evils boy, you can’t make him a better person with violence.

I’m content with leaving him, but I’m not leaving those two! I’ll stop that guy!

And then what? Then you’ll leave him angry and humiliated and he’ll take it out on those or others when you’re out of his sight. Are you going to kill him? I don’t think so. We never beat you when you were up to mischief, and we didn’t for a reason.

I’m thankful for that, but you aren’t stopping me now. You did then, without beating me. I’ll try with him. He pulled free his arm. Please. he added in a lower voice.

Swiftly he ran over into the alley, breathing deeply and trying to swallow his anger. It was as if a strange whispering pulled him towards the fight and he walked faster and faster until he came to stand besides the man who thankfully hadn’t yet attacked the girl or boy any further.

Please stop this, Sir, he said with as much calm as he could muster.

The man jerked around, then relaxed when he saw that he was more than a head taller than Ysan.
None of your business boy, so get lost or ya’ll catch something you won’t like!

Please go home quietly, I won’t let this continue!

You wanna **** me? I’ll take that out of ya, boy! The assailant jumped towards Ysan with his fist outstretched. Anger flared up again, but the young man fought it back. He stepped to the attackers side and made a half turn, deflecting the fist and letting the man run by.

Please leave, I don’t want to fight you! he called again, though now it bordered on a lie. He was aching to teach that guy a lesson, but he didn’t want to betray the old monk and his oath.
Several times the man tried to strike him, and against all his instincts he always defended himself without hurting the him. Then, panting and sweating, the man pulled a knife. Ysan lost it.

Are you freaking INSANE? he screamed.
Would you really kill a person over a freaking street brawl?! What kind of person are you, you crazy bastard!

Crazy bastard, eh? I’m gonna show ya how much of a bastard I am!

The man lunged to stab him. It was as if time slowed for a moment, when the strange voice in his head got louder, as if screaming, overpowering him. He didn’t evade this time. He stepped right into the attack, his right arm bent up, while his left guided the knife aside. A shockwave ran through his body when the man collided with him, impaling his chest on the pointing elbow. While the air was knocked out of his opponent, he turned his right arm outstretched in a wide circle around the other’s and brought it down onto the shoulder. The shoulder popped. The noise was so disgusting he felt as if he’d throw up any moment. His strength left him and he let go, taking a few steps back.

You won’t be holding a knife anytime soon! he heard himself say before he stumbled back to Oran, panting and possibly even crying, he didn’t know. He could hardly remember the way back.

---------------------------------------------------------

That guy deserved it! I tried! I tried to resolve it peacefully, I really did. He wouldn’t have it. Better than not resolving it at all, isn’t it?

That’s what you think. The abbot countered. You are young, son. Maybe you just cannot understand how we think of peace and how to achieve it. But you know that we mean well.

I know. Just that’s the only thing you do well! The young man fell silent, terrified by his own aggression.

Sorry, I didn’t mean that. But I had to help, and I don’t regret fighting that man.

So be it then. I cannot stop you from doing what you think is right. That man was a criminal, surely. I can’t say you didn’t do a good thing. But it goes against everything we believe. I release you from the monastery. You are a bright young man, healthy and all, you can even read. With your seventeen summers you are old enough to make a good life for yourself. I’m sure at least some of us will miss you, and maybe your way will lead back to us when you are older. Farewell, first and only child of our monastery. May the god’s blessings be with you.

The next morning Ysan found himself in front of the monastery’s huge stone doors, carrying nothing but the robe he was clad in, a pouch of provisions and some copper coins. Taking his leave had been a painful ordeal. He never had realized how much his teachers had replaced the parents he never knew.
He took a deep breath, then set out on the road, but a voice from behind stopped him dead in his tracks.

Well, it seems the life of a monk didn’t work out for you, did it?

Obviously. What’s it to you? he unwillingly answered in turning around, adding a …Sir as he noticed the elaborate plate armor and sword the unknown figure was carrying.

I might just be able to suggest a fitting alternative…

But you'll have to learn using a sword you know? We don't do brawls.

Isn't that a little extreme? I mean, killing everybody you fight? That sword looks pretty deadly to me...

Oh, I never thought about it that way. Well, we're good at preserving lives...

By the way, still unsure about the exact nature of fitting paladin powers...

Silverraptor
2011-02-16, 09:43 PM
Paladin Academy: Chapter 2: Part 3
-Cast-
Nil
Mordokai

A steady rhythm of footsteps echo across the hallway as a lone man moves through it. He passes a window, where one could see the training grounds of the Academy below. Many dots of people make their way across it, continuing the repair work. The man did not stop to watch and instead continued making his way down the hall. A short while later, he steps in front of a large wooden door. He reaches out to the handle and pulls the door outward. A loud creaking noise was heard as the door protested the movement.

The man stepped through and closed the door behind him. He finds himself in a long, dark spiral staircase descending deep into the earth. He slowly makes his way down deeper and deeper, hearing nothing but his own footsteps. Soon however, he hears another pair of footsteps slowly making their way up to him. Another man appeared around the spiral below him. Suddenly, a glow of yellow-green light filled the darkness, illuminating both of the men.
"Oh. Its you Mordokai."
Nil brought the glowing crystal in his hand down to a more comfortable position.
"What were you doing inside the Crystal Cavern?"

Mordokai looks up at Nil for a moment with weary eyes.
"I was just checking the status on the crystals."
He steps up the few steps to pass Nil.
"And one of them is about to mature."

Nil turns around in suprise.
"Really? Another is about to hear the call?"

Mordokai nods.
"Yes. I will be leaving shortly. He appears to be located on the Eastern Continent, so I will be gone for a long while."

Nil hurries to keep up.
"The Eastern Continent? That's over the Ayden Ocean, being at least a month's travel. Who will run this place when you're gone?

Mordokai stops before a door. Without hesitating, he opens the door and answers Nil.
"You will."

Nil freezes in place.
"Wh...? M-Me sir?"

Mordokai stops and looks around.
"Yes Nil, you. After all, you are the most senior paladin. Only one so far to complete the final test."

Nil was able to recover from his paralysis, but not from his shock. Stepping forward nervously, he addresses Mordokai.
"Yes, but... for a whole month?"

Mordokai turns and continues down the hallway.
"Perhaps longer. A trip of this magnitude, one must account for many different mishaps."

Nil hurries forwards.
"Uh... okay. But is there any sort of instructions I need to follow?"

"That's up to you. You're running the Academy now. I must go and inform the King of my departure."

Mordokai leaves Nil behind in the hallways. Nil just stands there, staring forward. The concept of running the Academy felt so unreal to him. His crystal glows innocently, forgotten in his hand.

ThePhantom
2011-02-16, 09:55 PM
Yah! A new chapter. So, the head of the academy will be away. Time for the villians to play.

Partysan
2011-02-16, 09:59 PM
Obviously I picked a tactically disadvantageous time to post. But how could I have known?
Nice chapter, by the way. I think it's really interesting how you always shift between past and present tense.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-16, 10:00 PM
Oooooh, I wonder what the eastern continent's like, and I wonder who's gonna be the new paladin (it's not my guy unless he decided to make my guest chapters non-canon).

Partysan
2011-02-16, 10:45 PM
Sooo, as soon as you got the time: canon, noncanon, requested alterations?

Silverraptor
2011-02-16, 10:50 PM
Sooo, as soon as you got the time: canon, noncanon, requested alterations?

We'll see.:smallamused:

Saint Nil
2011-02-17, 12:04 AM
Awesome!! I came to post the first chapter of my tale only to discover this!

In honor of being honored to run the academy, I present this as a token of appreciation to Silver.

The Future holds many possibilities, some worse than others

I miss the sun.

A cold bitter wind raced through the air as Kurama touched his eye-patch, old wounds aching as he moved across the dying landscape. Dark clouds choked out the rays of light that tried to touch the ground, and the land was paying for it. Crops withered, plants weltered, and there was barely enough food to go around for survivors.

It was impossible to imagine that five years ago Kurama was another innocent paladin, fresh faced and unlocking his abilities. He looked at Bis and Blue and was reminded at all that was lost, who was lost....

Viola....she was more than a partner. They would have been married two years now if none of this had happened. And the worst part was, she was dead because of him.

Kurama.

Snapping to attention he looked at Blue, whose once azure robes were now stained with blood, one arm in a makeshift sling.

Memories of the past have cut more men down than any blade. We must move forward in time, or else risk being lost forever.

Fliers, two o'clock.

All else forgotten, the trio rushed together as Blue clumsily drew out a cloak a clock a draped it around them. Covering his ears, Bis braced himself as a sonic wail drowned out all other noise. While loud to most ears Bis risked deafness if not for the sheltering effect of Blue's magic. Two bat-like creatures fly overhead, and no one moved for what seemed an eternity.

That was a close call. But we have to move on, before the vampires return.

While not as amazing as Silver's work, I'll try to fit anyone who wants a part in it. Hope you enjoy it.

Silverraptor
2011-02-17, 12:51 AM
Thanks Nil. That was pretty good. But why would Penny marry Kurama?:smallconfused: Wouldn't she be a little young after only 3 years from the present?

super dark33
2011-02-17, 09:47 AM
Hahaha, that gives me the shortest non-canon guest chapter idea ever!

Morodaki
Nil

And Nil,
Yes Morodaki?
Dont throw Big parties while im away
i wont sir.

Grimlock
2011-02-17, 10:37 AM
Ooooooo, the cat's away! I hear the sond of villainous mice rubbing their hands...paws?... in glee at the thought of all the partying that can now take place! :smallamused:

super dark33
2011-02-17, 11:03 AM
I say Paws, or Ageshifted hands?

Silverraptor
2011-02-17, 12:33 PM

Morodaki
Nil

And Nil,
Yes Morodaki?
Dont throw Big parties while im away
i wont sir.

Now why didn't I think of that?:smallbiggrin:

Obviously I picked a tactically disadvantageous time to post. But how could I have known?
Nice chapter, by the way. I think it's really interesting how you always shift between past and present tense.

Ya, I noticed I do that too. While I'm writing it, I don't notice at all. Not until one of you guys points it out, that I actually go back and check. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.

Partysan
2011-02-17, 12:48 PM
Now why didn't I think of that?:smallbiggrin:

Ya, I noticed I do that too. While I'm writing it, I don't notice at all. Not until one of you guys points it out, that I actually go back and check. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.

I always assumed you were using it as a stylistic device. In German we call that "scenic present". You are using it a lot, so I thought that's just your style of writing, and if you're doiing it that naturally, it probably is.

Hmm. now that I read my story again it does kinda have some sueish elements. Then again, this is about paladins, so nya.

Saint Nil
2011-02-17, 02:54 PM
Thanks Nil. That was pretty good. But why would Penny marry Kurama?:smallconfused: Wouldn't she be a little young after only 3 years from the present?

Fixed, I meant to write Viola. Hopefully this makes more sense. I'll write up more tonight, explaining how this world came to be.

How Super Dark saw through my plans I'll never know.:smalltongue:

super dark33
2011-02-17, 02:57 PM
I can red minds from time to time :smallbiggrin:
even Sarudark does1

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-17, 04:25 PM
I'm rereading the entire thread, and while doing that I figured out who the new paladin is! On page eight of the thread, partysan lists his character idea, and it's a paladin who was raised in a monastery!

Partysan
2011-02-17, 04:45 PM
I'm rereading the entire thread, and while doing that I figured out who the new paladin is! On page eight of the thread, partysan lists his character idea, and it's a paladin who was raised in a monastery!

Curse you, feeding my hopes that I've been trying to supress :smallbiggrin:
I think that would be some coincidence, me posting his backstory just one post before that chapter. Though if you're right then it's non-canon, since Mordokai's getting there himself.
But there're a lot of applicants, so I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-17, 06:49 PM
Curse you, feeding my hopes that I've been trying to supress :smallbiggrin:
I think that would be some coincidence, me posting his backstory just one post before that chapter. Though if you're right then it's non-canon, since Mordokai's getting there himself.
But there're a lot of applicants, so I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much.

Oh, sorry, didn't notice that, just read it, I still think I'm right though, as he could easily trade out Nil for Mordokai if it was canon.

EDIT: I can all but prove I'm right, check out silver's reaction to your question whether it was canon or not.

Partysan
2011-02-17, 07:03 PM
Oh, sorry, didn't notice that, just read it, I still think I'm right though, as he could easily trade out Nil for Mordokai if it was canon.

EDIT: I can all but prove I'm right, check out silver's reaction to your question whether it was canon or not.

I know that all (even Silver) points to it. I'm just trying not to get overly excited.

Viera Champion
2011-02-17, 08:32 PM
Ohmigod! Did I ever tell you I love you Nil. That was great! Poor me... I was gonna marry Viola but she died. And I apparently blame myself for it...

super dark33
2011-02-18, 04:29 AM
dont blame yourself, its not that you didnt jump to save her from that blast i launched.

(IM LYEING SO HE CAN FEEL BETTER!!)

Lix Lorn
2011-02-18, 05:27 AM
dont blame yourself, its not that you didnt jump to save her from that blast i launched.

(IM LYEING SO HE CAN FEEL BETTER!!)
...I'm evil in this story sorta, and I still think my character would hate you. :smallannoyed: I mean, she fights FOR LUV! :smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-18, 05:00 PM

Mordokai
Nil

And Nil,
Yes Mordokai?
Don't throw Big parties while im away
I wont sir.
Fixed that for you.

I got something to go with this!
Nil
After Mordokai left, Nil went out to make an announcement.
Paladins, may I please have your attention. You already know Mordokai has left, and he left me in charge, so now it's party time!

Saint Nil
2011-02-19, 12:21 AM
Currently thinking of a title for this. Feedback and critique appreciated.

Five years ago, Viola saved the world from a demon invasion

Four years ago, Viola, Kurama, and Penny graduated from the Academy and passed the final exam

Three years ago, Viola and Kurama were wed

Two years ago, what seemed to be a simple expedition turned into a living nightmare

Two years ago

Two paladins stand before an ominous entrance, stalagmites and stalactites polished and crafted into the shape of a fanged mouth, a pitch black hallway emitting a odor of decay.

Lix, make a torch. NO! That’s four inches too large, and might get out of control! NO! That’s an inch too small, it might die out.

After five minutes of bickering, a suitable flame lights the way into the cavern. Rabbit confidently charges forward perfectly dodging traps, fortunate for Lix who couldn't seem to pay attention. Four years had passed since the death of Grim, and each day seemed more unbearable than the last. For the first week it had been nearly impossible to get her to leave her room, and these missions were supposed to help her cope by showing the paladins do, but she couldn't help but wonder why Grim had betrayed them.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she walked into Rabbit's back, much to the elder paladin's ire. After three paladins requested new partners because she couldn't focus, Rabbit volunteered. Rabbit thought she could help Lix, or would learn to be more patient with others. This newfound patient was often running thin.

We found the tomb Lix. Now please pay attention, this is important. People have been disappearing since.....

Tell me child, why do you allow her to boss you around? Isn't she holding you back? Does she not represent that which took away what you loved? What would you do to take it back? …...Him back?

….........understand? Lix? Were you paying attention?

Yes Rabbit, I know why we came.

Then repeat what I just said.

Lix took a second to look around the room to try and figure that out. A large sarcophagi filled the center of the room, blood stains dried onto the marble. The room was small, but elaborate images were carved into the sides of the tomb, pictures of famine, death, plagues, and fierce monsters.

People have been disappearing since the tomb was found open, and were here to find out why.

Not exactly what I said, but true.

Rabbit bent over the tomb and become to examine the tomb.

Come here, I think I see a face.

Do you really want him back? Would you do anything?

Anything?....

One week later

Is there anything you can do for her Blue?

I'm sorry friend, but the fever will not die. The demons plaguing her flesh and are stronger than my magic. They eat not at her bones, but her heart.

Mordokai was one of the few who often understood Blue, but his assumed wisdom was a cultivated image. He knew Blue better than most, but half the time it came down to a good guess and watching Blue's reaction.

So, its up to her then?

I'll help how I can, but this is her battle. Only the weapon of her heart can conquer this battlefield.

Lix's flesh was pale, cold, and dying. When they didn't return, Mordokai sent out a search party only to find Rabbit dead and Lix cursed. Two days later, her heart stopped.

Current Day

Mistress, we cannot locate the survivors. 15 paladins are still unaccounted for, and rumors among the cattle claim that the wizard Blue is creating a cure for the Blight.

I see. So then, lets fix this little problem, shall we?

The Vampire Queen walked across her throne room, crystals shining with malevolent energy. Snapping off a crystal, she walks up the winding stairs to find a new victim.

If the old ways won't work, we'll have to create new ones, won't we?

Lix smirked, and went to find her newest victim.

As always, accepting characters.

Silverraptor
2011-02-19, 12:28 AM
Currently thinking of a title for this. Feedback and critique appreciated.

Five years ago, Viola saved the world from a demon invasion

Four years ago, Viola, Kurama, and Penny graduated from the Academy and passed the final exam

Three years ago, Viola and Kurama were wed

Two years ago, what seemed to be a simple expedition turned into a living nightmare

Two years ago

Two paladins stand before an ominous entrance, stalagmites and stalactites polished and crafted into the shape of a fanged mouth, a pitch black hallway emitting a odor of decay.

Lix, make a torch. NO! That’s four inches too large, and might get out of control! NO! That’s an inch too small, it might die out.

After five minutes of bickering, a suitable flame lights the way into the cavern. Rabbit confidently charges forward perfectly dodging traps, fortunate for Lix who couldn't seem to pay attention. Four years had passed since the death of Grim, and each day seemed more unbearable than the last. For the first week it had been nearly impossible to get her to leave her room, and these missions were supposed to help her cope by showing the paladins do, but she couldn't help but wonder why Grim had betrayed them.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she walked into Rabbit's back, much to the elder paladin's ire. After three paladins requested new partners because she couldn't focus, Rabbit volunteered. Rabbit thought she could help Lix, or would learn to be more patient with others. This newfound patient was often running thin.

We found the tomb Lix. Now please pay attention, this is important. People have been disappearing since.....

Tell me child, why do you allow her to boss you around? Isn't she holding you back? Does she not represent that which took away what you loved? What would you do to take it back? …...Him back?

….........understand? Lix? Were you paying attention?

Yes Rabbit, I know why we came.

Then repeat what I just said.

Lix took a second to look around the room to try and figure that out. A large sarcophagi filled the center of the room, blood stains dried onto the marble. The room was small, but elaborate images were carved into the sides of the tomb, pictures of famine, death, plagues, and fierce monsters.

People have been disappearing since the tomb was found open, and were here to find out why.

Not exactly what I said, but true.

Rabbit bent over the tomb and become to examine the tomb.

Come here, I think I see a face.

Do you really want him back? Would you do anything?

Anything?....

One week later

Is there anything you can do for her Blue?

I'm sorry friend, but the fever will not die. The demons plaguing her flesh and are stronger than my magic. They eat not at her bones, but her heart.

Mordokai was one of the few who often understood Blue, but his assumed wisdom was a cultivated image. He knew Blue better than most, but half the time it came down to a good guess and watching Blue's reaction.

So, its up to her then?

I'll help how I can, but this is her battle. Only the weapon of her heart can conquer this battlefield.

Lix's flesh was pale, cold, and dying. When they didn't return, Mordokai sent out a search party only to find Rabbit dead and Lix cursed. Two days later, her heart stopped.

Current Day

Mistress, we cannot locate the survivors. 15 paladins are still unaccounted for, and rumors among the cattle claim that the wizard Blue is creating a cure for the Blight.

I see. So then, lets fix this little problem, shall we?

The Vampire Queen walked across her throne room, crystals shining with malevolent energy. Snapping off a crystal, she walks up the winding stairs to find a new victim.

If the old ways won't work, we'll have to create new ones, won't we?

Lix smirked, and went to find her newest victim.

As always, accepting characters.

Nil. You really need to write a story of your own. That was good.:smallsmile: Kind of makes me wish that was how I have it planned out, not the way it currently is.

(And before anyone asks, no, I will not change the story on how I planned it out.)

Saint Nil
2011-02-19, 12:29 AM
Oh, thank you.:smallredface:

Though I doubt this story line will be better than the one you have planned out.

Odd fact, this is my second attempt at writing an ongoing story on this forum. Both have been dark and grim.

Like I said, this is my way of showing how much we fans appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing story. Please keep at it.:smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-19, 08:48 AM
:smallamused:
All will learn to fear me, in time. And then they will learn to love their queen.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-19, 12:17 PM
Saint Nil, your story has convinced me to let my character be in it.
As long as he's not one of the missing paladins.:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-02-21, 06:56 PM
Saint Nil, your story has convinced me to let my character be in it.
As long as he's not one of the missing paladins.:smalltongue:

Well someone's sure cocky and narcissistic.

Partysan
2011-02-21, 08:36 PM
Well someone's sure cocky and narcissistic.

Being featured in cool stories can lift your self esteem. Perscription-free.

You know it's funny how I'm somewhat inclined to write fanfiction for a story that's just posted on some web forum for fun.

By the way, could someone link the thread that spawned this? I always feel like an intruder with everyone and their character knowing each other.

P.S. Still updating TvTropes. Last added: Instant Mastery trope for Rabbit and Viola

Saint Nil
2011-02-21, 10:41 PM
The original thread is mostly people talking with Silver's stories peppered inbetween. Any story there is way more easily read at the beginning of this thread.

Getting to know everyone is less a matter of joining some special club and more just hanging around long enough for us to put an image to your name. Try some freeform RP if you want to make more friends here. Or just chat in the thread. I completely understand that some people (myself included) dislike random banter, so I prefer to write.

Writing your own fanficition isn't a bad idea. It might help bring more attention to yourself. Especially if you write about others, as it gives them more reason to pay attention.:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-02-21, 10:47 PM

You know it's funny how I'm somewhat inclined to write fanfiction for a story that's just posted on some web forum for fun.

By the way, could someone link the thread that spawned this? I always feel like an intruder with everyone and their character knowing each other.

P.S. Still updating TvTropes. Last added: Instant Mastery trope for Rabbit and Viola

The original thread was the Playground Shipping Thread... Oh how I miss you Shipping Thread. You were just so muh fun. Even those times where I made myself look REALLY REALLY dumb.

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-21, 10:49 PM

The original thread is mostly people talking with Silver's stories peppered inbetween. Any story there is way more easily read at the beginning of this thread.

Getting to know everyone is less a matter of joining some special club and more just hanging around long enough for us to put an image to your name. Try some freeform RP if you want to make more friends here. Or just chat in the thread. I completely understand that some people (myself included) dislike random banter, so I prefer to write.

Writing your own fanficition isn't a bad idea. It might help bring more attention to yourself. Especially if you write about others, as it gives them more reason to pay attention.:smalltongue:

Believe it or not, It may sound superficial, but a custom avatar makes leaps and strides toward being recognizable. Of course, please ignore the fact that I'm using stock for the purpose of this advice.

Viera Champion
2011-02-21, 11:01 PM
Believe it or not, It may sound superficial, but a custom avatar makes leaps and strides toward being recognizable. Of course, please ignore the fact that I'm using stock for the purpose of this advice.

Well if it helps prove your point, I have no idea who you are. (Not true but if it weren't for this thread I wouldn't know you.)

Saint Nil
2011-02-21, 11:04 PM
Okay everyone, what do you want to read next?

The Fall of the Academy?

The Hope for the Future?

or

Lix's Plot?

Text your vote now!!

Blue Ghost
2011-02-21, 11:04 PM
Lix's Plot, please. :smallsmile:

Partysan
2011-02-21, 11:24 PM

Well, now if I just wasn't such a failure as an artist :smallbiggrin:

And Nil, as much as I like Lix, I'll vote for drama and The Fall of the Academy

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-21, 11:24 PM
Lix's Plot, please. :smallsmile:

Seconded.

Character limit break.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-21, 11:25 PM
Well, now if I just wasn't such a failure as an artist :smallbiggrin:

Who said anything about making your own? Go request one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776) like all the other non-avatarists do!

Partysan
2011-02-21, 11:42 PM
Who said anything about making your own? Go request one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776) like all the other non-avatarists do!

Well, yeah maybe it's time to get off my backside and do that. Thanks for kicking me.
And as punishment for my laziness I'll be using a paint-made avatar until my requested one is ready.

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-21, 11:44 PM
Well, yeah maybe it's time to get off my backside and do that. Thanks for kicking me.
And as punishment for my laziness I'll be using a paint-made avatar until my requested one is ready.

Hey, it doesn't look bad for paint.

Viera Champion
2011-02-21, 11:45 PM
Wait you're lazy because you made your own avatar? I'm confused...

Also, The Fall of the Academy is the clear choice.

Partysan
2011-02-21, 11:47 PM
Well, that creation wasn't supposed to be used, like, ever. And I'm lazy because I've rather been going without avatar for 5 years than spend 3 minutes on a post in the request thread.

Saint Nil
2011-02-21, 11:50 PM
Alright, tied between discovering what Lix is up to and what Lix did. I'm going to be up for a bit, so lets wait and see if we get a tie breaker vote.

Silverraptor
2011-02-22, 12:29 AM
Nil, from a story tellers stand point, I'll go for what she did first. Then tell us what she plans to do.

super dark33
2011-02-22, 09:03 AM
silver, can you inform me wat you planned that happend between Sarudark and Blue or i need to do thhat?

Silverraptor
2011-02-22, 12:34 PM
silver, can you inform me wat you planned that happend between Sarudark and Blue or i need to do thhat?

I'm still developing it. But I'll let you know when I've planned it all out.

Grimlock
2011-02-22, 03:34 PM
My vote goes for Fall of the Academy!

xelliea
2011-02-22, 03:59 PM
Okay everyone, what do you want to read next?

The Fall of the Academy?

The Hope for the Future?

or

Lix's Plot?

Text your vote now!!

The Hope for the Future :smallsmile:

Partysan
2011-02-22, 03:59 PM
My vote goes for Fall of the Academy!

Will it be pride or embarrassment to see how your groupie finishes the job you botched?

No, please STOP! HAVE MERCY, no, not my AAAARGH

The Deej
2011-02-22, 04:05 PM
I just recently happened upon this, and read it from start to finish. I almost wish I had found this sooner, since it's awesome. I also feel the urge to write a fanfic story.

Partysan
2011-02-22, 04:22 PM
I just recently happened upon this, and read it from start to finish. I almost wish I had found this sooner, since it's awesome. I also feel the urge to write a fanfic story.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Silver's awestome story and all the awesome people in the playground who star in it. :smallcool:

Aargh, the suspension is killing me. Not only that I'm wating for the new chapters as always, there might even be a possibility of my character appearing. But I won't find out for the next 3-4 chapters because that's what I estimate it will at the very least take for Mordokai to return.
*sits down, writes backstories for several other (non-PalAc) characters*

Viera Champion
2011-02-22, 08:25 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you to Silver's awestome story and all the awesome people in the playground who star in it. :smallcool:

Aargh, the suspension is killing me. Not only that I'm wating for the new chapters as always, there might even be a possibility of my character appearing. But I won't find out for the next 3-4 chapters because that's what I estimate it will at the very least take for Mordokai to return.
*sits down, writes backstories for several other (non-PalAc) characters*

*whistles nonchalantly* Oh hello person talking to new person. And hello Deej while I'm at it.

Partysan
2011-02-22, 08:34 PM
*whistles nonchalantly* Oh hello person talking to new person. And hello Deej while I'm at it.

Ah, hello person talking to me about talking to the new person and being awesome and starring in Paladin Academy. How do you like my new avatar another person not starring in Paladin Academy but nonetheless awesome made for me?

The Deej
2011-02-22, 08:51 PM
Holy avatar change, Batman!

Not bad.

Silverraptor
2011-02-22, 09:39 PM
Paladin Academy: Chapter 2: Part 4
-Cast-
Kurama
Lix
Penny

The rays of sun beat down upon the ground unhindered. There was not a single cloud in the sky to give temporary relief to those working hard down below. All across the ruined training grounds, paladins were busy moving wood and stone to repair the ruined gate and wall destroyed during the demon invasion. Each paladin was cursing the hot weather as their white garments were soaked with sweat.

Kurama however was the only one among the paladins who was perfectly dry. He felt entirely comfortable, as if the hot sun didn't exist. He felt the crystal's aura wash over him, keeping him cool in the heat. He didn't have to think about it at all. It was as if the crystal was naturally extending itself to keep him from getting too hot. He wondered if this is how a passive ability worked.

He set down a large, crudely cut slab of stone and then proceeded to gather the next load. Halfway there however, he caught sight of someone not working, but sitting on some material out of the way. Curious as to what they were doing, he changed his course over to this individual.
"Hey Lix. What are you doing here?"

Lix appeared like the other paladins. Slightly red and sweating from the heat. However, Kurama could tell that the sweat was evaporating faster than normal, leaving her clothes a lot drier then any of the others. When Lix turned around, he could instantly tell something was upsetting her.
"Oh. Its you!"

Kurama hesitated for a moment. Lix's eyes had such a venomous look, anyone would've assumed she was anxious for a fight. He gathered himself and tried to cool down the conversation.
"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Lix turned her back to Kurama again. He could hear the badly concealed anger in her voice.
"W-What do you mean 'What's wrong'? I'm just fine. Now leave me alone!"

Kurama took a hesitant step forward.
"Lix, you can't keep yourself bottled up like this."

"Like I'm going to open up to you!"
She turned around again, glaring at Kurama.
"After all, you're with 'HER' all the way! Always protecting your perfect princess aren't you?! Perfect murderer that is!"

It probably would've take light itself about twice as long to figure out what she was talking about as it took Kurama.
"Oh come- You really- I mean you can't-"
He stopped. He realized that he knew the answer already to all those questions.
"Okay, Lix. Look, you have to look at the fact that Grim himself was the beacon allowing the demons to come to our world. You have to realize from this that he was a bad guy."

Lix stood up. What little sweat that remained in her clothes vanished with a puff of steam.
"No! I don't care what you guys say! There has to be something else to it! I just know it!"

Kurama could not believe what he was hearing. How could Lix be so blind?
"What other possible thing could justify Grim's actions?! How could you still think that?!"

"I don't know what it could be, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Grim couldn't have been trying to destroy everything! I...I just know it..."

Kurama blinked. Lix's anger seemed to have been forgotten among the last statement she uttered. He almost didn't hear what she said as she practically whispered that last bit. She wasn't looking at him anymore, but down at her feet. He could swear he almost saw her close to tears. He took a deep calming breath before speaking again. He could not remove the contempt from his voice however.
"It doesn't mean that a reason has to exist though."

Lix's eyes were back up to Kurama, anger obvious behind the half tears that had formed. Before anything else could happen, a slightly cheery voice called out to them.
"Hey! Kurama! Did you hear?!"
Kurama did not look away from Lix as he heard Penny run up to them.
"Hey, hey! Kurama! Mordokai's leaving! Another person is going to become a paladin. Now Viola will no longer be the 'New Girl'. Isn't that great?"
She looked back and forth from Kurama and Lix.
"Is something wrong?"

It was Lix that answered her.
"No. Nothing is wrong."
She turned with a last glaring look at Kurama and walks away. Kurama glares back at her. He felt like he knew why Lix was acting so close-minded. But he just couldn't put his finger on it.

His thought was interrupted as Penny pulled at his sleeve.
"Come on. Rabbit is going to notice if were not working."

Kurama reluctantly turned around.
"Yeah... Okay."

Blue Ghost
2011-02-22, 09:43 PM
Poor Lix... :smallfrown:

Silverraptor
2011-02-22, 09:45 PM
I just want to say that this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-portal-2/701210) helped inspired part of this post from the 1:55 mark onwards.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-22, 09:47 PM
I'm not that obsssive really. Honest. Honest. :smallfrown:

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-22, 11:18 PM
I'm not that obsssive really. Honest. Honest. :smallfrown:

Riiiiiight. :smalltongue:

Anyway, another great chapter.

Grimlock
2011-02-23, 08:50 AM
Another enjoyable read, nice to see some dissent among the Paladins, not in an evil way- but it adds a bit of conflict which makes things more interesting. I like it! :smallbiggrin:

super dark33
2011-02-23, 09:23 AM
Remember to update your siggy!

Grimlock
2011-02-23, 09:24 AM
Will it be pride or embarrassment to see how your groupie finishes the job you botched?

No, please STOP! HAVE MERCY, no, not my AAAARGH

Just spotted this...pride obviously! Characters such as I do not get embarrassed...much :smallredface:

Saint Nil
2011-02-24, 01:37 AM
Long overdue, but I hope you'll like it.

The Fall of the Academy

Everyone, I have awful news. Lix Lorn has passed away. In honor of this, all training exercises will be canceled today and

Dead? I beg to differ Mordokai.

The dining hall was filled with gasps as everyone turned to the main doorway, where a pale Lix stood, wearing little more than her infirmary sheet.

Lix? This is a miracle! How on earth

Don't try to sound innocent Mordokai! I know the truth, the truth about you, Grim, and Viola.

What?

Grim was right! Mordokai has been holding us back, afraid we will be able to reach his level of power. Grim was onto him, and forced us to fight in order to make us stronger. Look at the the most powerful paladins here, all of them faced enemies stronger than them and unlocked new power because of it. Grim was going to knock down your control over the paladins, so you sent your assassin Viola to eliminate him!

Lix! This is nonsense!

Quiet you. Bitterness penetrated her voice. Hear me my fellow paladins, I have come to complete Grim's vision. A world where we are not held back but take what we desire! A world where we are free to reach are true potential! But we never will as long as we allow him to enslave us.

The paladins who fought at the demon invasion and saw what Grim had done knew better. But many new paladins had arrived over the years, impatient, who saw how powerful some paladins were but had yet to learn the discipline to attain it. Lix had been sowing discord for years, and her work had not been in vain. The hall was filled with murmuring voices, and Lix quickly found a minority ready to reap the rewards without sowing the seed.

Lix, please. You are still sick, we need to get you to Blue and see if he can help you...

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!

Flames erupted at Nil, knocking him back and burning at his face. Mordokai would not allow anymore of this, corrupting the impressionable and outright attempted murder. A flash of light blasting from his feet, he rocketed towards Lix, only to see her hold up a familiar looking crystal.

No...

A sphere of darkness blinded everyone but Lix in the room, their limbs locked in place by powers never before seen, and Mordokai's gasp of pain was heard by all.

As the darkness receded, Lix stood there blood driping from her mouth. A cloak of darkness surrounded her body body as two dark, miasma wings erupted from her back. Her red eyes looked at the lifeless corpse of Grandpaladin.

Mordokai the Light-Bringer was slain.
…................................................. .................................................. .........

The next moments seemed to pass in slow motion, as if a dream slowly changed into a nightmare that would not end. A vortex of flame and darkness surrounded Lix before the elite paladins could strike her down for her murder. Out of nowhere her voice erupted from everywhere at once, chilling words filling the room.

Paladins, you have two choices-join the armies of Grim, or die. If you have not submitted to me in one hour, you shall suffer the fate of Mordokai the Tyrant.

Flames filled the room, sending paladins running off in all directions. Some were glad to join the new regime, while others were cowed into submission. Trained paladins new better, and begin to hunt Lix down before she could destroy the academy, but the new recruits had no training and were being turn between the commanders of the two sides.

While all seemed lost, a loud yet reassuring voice could be heard through the the great hall.

Paladins, stay calm.

Those who could tried to find refuge in the great hall, which had barricaded its doors to prevent Blackguards from slaying those weaker than themselves. Elder paladins easily trounched the villians and had guided young recruits there in order to keep them safe, and it had quickly become the last fortress of those who held true to the call of the paladin.

Nil stood on a table, Blue behind him. Nil's face was scarred, but his powers had restored what would have killed a normal man.

Lix has become something beyond us. Grim single handedly defeated most of the academy before, but even he could not slay Mordokai. Lix is a traitor, and I feel safe to say no longer human. We must evacuate.

Voices rose in protest, but a wave of soothing aura removed the anger, fear, and hatred Mordokai's death had caused.

We must protect the younger paladins. Those who are combat trained I want divided into two groups. One will escort the recruits out of the academy and fend off the Blackguards. The rest will stay with me, and we will make our last stand. Lix might be more powerful than Grim, but we are far stronger now then we were then. We must neutralize this threat now before she grows stronger.

Hope rose in the ranks of the remaining paladins as they were sorted into who would be best in attacking Lix and who could train and raise the new recruits into full fledged paladins capable of protecting the world.

Blue, I especially want you to go with them. They need you more than we do.

…................................................. .................................................. .
Viola, before we fight her, I want you to know I love you

Oh Kurama,

Viola drew him in for a kiss, only for Kurama's consciousness to fade away from Viola's punch to his gut. As he faded out, he heard her last words

I love you

…...............................

What happened? Did they.....

Kurama saw a group of his friends around him, and from the look on their faces he felt apiece of his soul fracture,only for him to be heard saying

not again.. no..

Some paladins had opted to stay with the recruits in the mountains to train them and keep them away from Lix's influence, while others would try to actively bring an end to her reign.

Viola why...

No...no

Kurama sat up, rubbing ice crystals away from his eye, looking at the dark sky above him. Why Viola? We could have worked together to stop her. We could have fought together.

Kurama looked at his companions, Blue in a meditative pose, tranquil as always. Do wizards sleep? Blue was an enigma, but after spending so much time traveling with him Kurama believed he was just as much a paladin as any of those who fought in the last stand.

Bis was seated on a stone, his backed turned to Kurama as he scoured the world for any possible threat. Bis had been vital to their survival, giving them an edge over the vampires everywhere they went. Kurama stayed as silent as possible, not wanting Bis to know the pain he was feeling.

Kurama.

…....

I know you are awake. I can hear you breathe.

Damn.

I also hear you when you talk in your sleep.

Kurama's eyes widened but before he could say anything Bis cut him off.

She told me something before she went off to fight Lix. She wanted you to know something, but wanted me to wait until the right time. I can't imagine a better time.

Bis's mind went back to that day as Viola gave Kurama to him to take with the others. She looked him dead in the eye, aware that she might never see him again.

The world needs him Bis. When the world is surrounded by darkness, they'll need a rally point. A leader. A hero. Take care of him. Please.

Bis repeated this word for word, and Kurama sat there, his mourning taking a new form. A purpose to honor her death.

A thin layer of ice firmly surrounded his remaining eye now, but he knew what he had to do. Blue had been making a plan that would finally put an end to this nightmare.

Lix had killed the sun, the light.

They would bring it back.

All feedback is appreciated.

BisectedBrioche
2011-02-24, 08:55 AM
Paladin Academy: Chapter 2: Part 4
-Cast-
Kurama
Lix
Penny

The rays of sun beat down upon the ground unhindered. There was not a single cloud in the sky to give temporary relief to those working hard down below. All across the ruined training grounds, paladins were busy moving wood and stone to repair the ruined gate and wall destroyed during the demon invasion. Each paladin was cursing the hot weather as their white garments were soaked with sweat.

Kurama however was the only one amongst the paladins who was perfectly dry. He felt entirely comfortable, as if the hot sun didn't exist. He felt the crystal's aura wash over him, keeping him cool in the heat. He didn't have to think about it at all. It was as if the crystal was naturally extending itself to keep him from getting too hot. He wondered if this is how a passive ability worked for other's crystals.

He set down a large, crudly cut slab of stone and then proceeded to gather the next load. Halfway there however, he caught sight of someone not working, but sitting on some material out of the way. Curious as to what they were doing, he changed his course over to this individual.
"Hey Lix. What are you doing here?"

Lix appeared like the other paladins. Slightly red and sweating from the heat. However, Kurama could tell that the sweat was evaporating faster than normal, leaving her clothes alot drier then any of the others. When Lix turned around, he could instantly tell something was upsetting her.
"Oh. Its you!"

Kurama hesitated for a moment. Lix's eyes had such a venomous look, anyone would've assumed she was anxious for a fight. He gathered himself and tried to cool down the conversation.
"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Lix turned her back to Kurama again. He could hear the badly concealed anger in her voice.
"W-What do you mean 'What's wrong'? I'm just fine. Now leave me alone!"

Kurama took a hesitant step forward.
"Lix, you can't keep yourself bottled up like this."

"Like I'm going to open up to you!"
She turned around again, glaring at Kurama.
"After all, you're with 'HER' all the way! Always protecting you're perfect princess aren't you?! Perfect murderer that is!"

It probably would've take light itself about twice as long to figure out what she was talking as it took Kurama.
"Oh come- You really- I mean you can't-"
He stopped. He realized that he knew the answer already to all those questions.
"Okay, Lix. Look, you have to look at the fact that Grim himself was the beacon allowing the demon's to come to our world. You have to realize from this that he was a bad guy."

Lix stood up. What little sweat that remained in her clothes vanished with a puff of steam.
"No! I don't care what you guys say! There has to be something else to it! I just know it!"

Kurama could not believe what he was hearing. How could Lix be so blind?
"What other possible thing could justify Grim's actions?! How could you still think that?!"

"I don't know what it could be, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Grim couldn't have been trying to destroy everything! I...I just know it..."

Kurama blinked. Lix's anger seemed to have been forgotten amoung the last statement she uttered. He almost didn't hear what she said as she practically whispered that last bit. She wasn't looking at him anymore, but down at her feet. He could swear he almost saw her close to tears. He took a deep calming breath before speaking again. He could not remove the contempt from his voice however.
"It doesn't mean that a reason has to exist though."

Lix's eyes were back up to Kurama, anger obvious behind the half tears that had formed. Before anything else could happen, a slightly cheery voice called out to them.
"Hey! Kurama! Did you hear?!"
Kurama did not look away from Lix as he heard Penny run up to them.
"Hey, hey! Kurama! Mordokai's leaving! Another person is going to become a paladin. Now Viola will no longer be the 'New Girl'. Isn't that great?"
She looked back and forth from Kurama and Lix.
"Is something wrong?"

It was Lix that answered her.
"No. Nothing is wrong."
She turned with a last glaring look at Kurama and walks away.Kurama glares back at her. He felt like he knew why Lix was acting so close-minded. But he just couldn't put his finger on it.

His thought was interrupted as Penny pulled at his sleeve.
"Come on. Rabbit's going to notice if were not working."

Kurama reluctantly turned around.
"Ya... Okay."

I'm sure no one will turning evil or killing anyone in their sleep any time soon. :smalltongue:

super dark33
2011-02-24, 09:36 AM
And i hope somone will point who 'Pushed' That one into evil :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-24, 11:55 AM
I like being evil. It's always fun. :smallamused:

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-24, 02:31 PM
I like being evil. It's always fun. :smallamused:

We all know you do. You play SLIVERS. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-24, 02:36 PM
You think slivers are evil? Clearly you have never faced Faeries.

Partysan
2011-02-24, 03:30 PM
And now we're talking Magic:The Gathering? I seriously hadn't anticipated that.

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-24, 04:52 PM
You think slivers are evil? Clearly you have never faced Faeries.

Point taken.

To be fair though, I haven't actually gotten to use that faerie deck. And don't think I didn't see that stunt with the Psychic Sliver, Ms. I-have-56-Plus-Life. :smallbiggrin:

And now we're talking Magic:The Gathering? I seriously hadn't anticipated that.

There's a PbP.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-24, 05:00 PM
Point taken.

To be fair though, I haven't actually gotten to use that faerie deck. And don't think I didn't see that stunt with the Psychic Sliver, Ms. I-have-56-Plus-Life. :smallbiggrin:
Psionic. And the difference is thus: Faeries were a metagame dominating deck. I INVENTED mine. From scratch. :smallamused:

Can we have a paladin who summons slivers?

Can I make up my elite army with slivers? :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2011-02-24, 05:10 PM
"It doesn't think. It doesn't feel.
It doesn't laugh or cry.
All it does from dusk till dawn
Is make the soldiers die."

I felt a liking to artifact creatures. Unfortunately my wallet kept me from actually acquiring enough to make an artifact deck or keep up with magic.

Anyways, I liked your story Nil. However, the part seemed a little... rushed. It was like, "Lix is dead" "No I'm not" "Nevermind, no she's not" "I'm killing you're face" "She's killing our face".

When you come to something dramatic, don't be afriad of dragging it out by adding details and a sense of time passing. Keeps readers on the edge of their seat.

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-24, 06:12 PM
Psionic. And the difference is thus: Faeries were a metagame dominating deck. I INVENTED mine. From scratch. :smallamused:

Can we have a paladin who summons slivers?

Can I make up my elite army with slivers? :smalltongue:

Ah. To be even more fair, I never actually played Magic until the PbP. I don't own any RL cards. So I have no idea what the metagame was ever like, except for the recent Artifact Abuse metagame.

As for my Faeries, I did create that deck from scratch (and Gatherer). I guess I did it fairly well, since everyone refuses to play against it.

Silverraptor
2011-02-24, 07:14 PM
Can we move the magic discussion to a more appropriate thread please?

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-24, 07:17 PM
Can we move the magic discussion to a more appropriate thread please?

Good Point. Sorry about that. I'm quite done.

Saint Nil
2011-02-24, 07:32 PM
Anyways, I liked your story Nil. However, the part seemed a little... rushed. It was like, "Lix is dead" "No I'm not" "Nevermind, no she's not" "I'm killing you're face" "She's killing our face".

Best description ever.:smallbiggrin:

But your right, I wrote it backwards and had to fit things into it at once. Always grateful for advice.:smallsmile:

Silverraptor
2011-02-24, 07:45 PM
Best description ever.:smallbiggrin:

But your right, I wrote it backwards and had to fit things into it at once. Always grateful for advice.:smallsmile:

Ya. I mean, you really could drag out a fight scene. Think of it as you watching TV instead of reading a book. I try to model my story after books I read where I don't think I ever "Read" a single word. It was pretty much nothing but moving scenes going on in my head while my eyes look at the words. Thats how I mostly "Read". By watching TV.

Saint Nil
2011-02-24, 07:55 PM
I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next story, and hopefully it will show.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-25, 11:55 AM
Silver, are you sure you're not changing the story to match Nil's?:smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2011-02-25, 03:47 PM
Silver, are you sure you're not changing the story to match Nil's?:smalltongue:

Maaaaaaybe...:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-25, 03:59 PM
FLUFF yeah I getta be badass. :smallcool:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-25, 05:27 PM
Maaaaaaybe...:smalltongue:

The reason I thought of it is because of how Lix is acting.:smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-25, 05:39 PM
Oh, that's been in the works for AGES. :smallsmile:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-25, 05:42 PM
Oh, that's been in the works for AGES. :smallsmile:

Eh, I suppose, cause it was mentioned earlier that Lix hadn't gotten over Grim's death, but that was back when Grim had just died. Why did you have to be Grim's beautiful assistant!?:smalltongue:Well, you aren't actually his assistant.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-25, 05:56 PM
Cause I AM Grim's beautiful assistant. :smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-25, 06:23 PM
Cause I AM Grim's beautiful assistant. :smalltongue:

But that makes shades of gray!:smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-25, 06:42 PM
That's the point. xD

BisectedBrioche
2011-02-25, 06:43 PM
But that makes shades of gray!:smallfrown:

Harley Quinn doesn't make the Joker less evil, does she? :smallamused:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-25, 08:25 PM
That's the point. xD

But Grim and the king already made enough!

Lix Lorn
2011-02-25, 08:34 PM
You can never have too much moral ambiguity!

The Deej
2011-02-26, 07:07 AM
You can never have too much moral ambiguity!

How else could shows like Heroes have characters like HRG?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-26, 10:35 PM
When's Mordokai gonna come back from the eastern continent? One thing's for certain, it won't be before Lix's evil scheme is foiled!:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2011-02-26, 10:53 PM
NOTHING can stop me now! I am INVINCIBLE!
Oops. :smallfrown::smalleek:

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-26, 10:59 PM

Now, now...

If this is anything like standard Fantasy, Death is cheap in the long run.

Silverraptor
2011-02-26, 11:00 PM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/saxcsa/PinkiesReady-1.png

I felt like being silly.:smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2011-02-26, 11:03 PM

Et tu, Raptor?

RUN! THE PONIES ARE EVERYWHERE! THERE IS NO SAFE PLACE LEFT! :smalleek:

Silverraptor
2011-02-26, 11:04 PM
Et tu, Raptor?

:tongue:

Actually, I'm not a big fan of the ponies. I just laugh at some of the pictures.

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-26, 11:04 PM
Et tu, Raptor?

If it isn't Phyrexia, then who could it be?

Oh wait, I can't discuss MtG here anymore.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-27, 04:30 AM

...xD
So Pinkie Pie is actually MASSIVELY POWERFUL and the eventual end villain? Nothing in the 'verse can stop her now.

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-27, 04:35 AM
...xD
So Pinkie Pie is actually MASSIVELY POWERFUL and the eventual end villain? Nothing in the 'verse can stop her now.

No worries, I'm sure Blue will stop the ponies. Somehow. Maybe.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-27, 04:56 AM
NOTHING CAN STOP US. YOU WILL ALL BE MADE COMPLEAT. YOU WILL ALL BE SO, SO VERY HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE COMPLEAT.

...hey, silver, can my army contain ponies? Ponies VS Paladins!

Silverraptor
2011-02-27, 11:44 AM
Paladin Academy: Chapter 2: Part 5
-Cast-
Recaiden
Viola

The sunlight shines down upon the the trees flanking a large well worn road. A small breeze caused the branches to sway slightly. Leaves danced around the dirt trail, bumping into a cloaked figure who was walking along the road.

Recaiden looked out at the world in front of him, but without seeing it. In his mind, he was remembering, thinking, and calculating...

Leaves snapped as he hurried through the forest. The slight metallic clanking behind informed him he had not lost his pursuer. He jumped up, grabbed a branch with both hands, and used it to launch him over a downed tree. Wasting no time, he continued his hurried flight.

A few seconds later, the sound returned. He scowled at his escape attempt not working. He cussed to himself as he he emerged out onto a grassy plain. There was nothing to use to hide or continue to run. He had to fight his pursuer now. He turned, pulling out a short sword and the jagged dagger. While taking a fighting stance, he looked closer at his opponent.

A girl of about 14 stopped about ten feet from him and held her sword in front of her. He studied her eyes and found determination. No fear or uncertainty was seen. He could not use intimidation here.
"I'm impressed. Most paladins can't keep up with me normally, yet you did. I don't know how you managed to find me since I was so careful, but here you are none the less."
He lunged at her, swinging around the short sword. He knew he was fast enough that anybody without lightning reflexes would fall before him. Yet, she managed to deflect it enough that it veered off course. He scratched her armor with the dagger, but that was about it. She backed up from him and took a more defensive stance. He watched her, puzzled.
"Odd. You don't seem surprised I could scratch your armor so easily. But maybe you paladins have finally realized the lengths I will go to overcome any obstacles. It took me a long time, but I managed to find something that would cut through your special armor."

The girl didn't respond to his taunt.
"What do you want?!"

How typical. The usual paladin trick on finding out why they need to kill you.
"I want my pay, which you so conveniently stopped me from earning. It's going to be much harder to do the job I was paid to do now that he's on alert."

The girl's face seemed alarmed.
"You mean killing him?!"

Oh, please.
"Duh! You should know all about that, paladin. I'm not a world famous assassin for nothing!"

He lunged at her again. This time however, the girl managed to block his dagger directly, not just deflecting it. The sudden stop in momentum caused him to crumple up against his arm. Then he felt the girl push back against him. His feet were in an awkward forward angle that he couldn't stop himself from falling back.

Panic flooded through his mind as he fell. He quickly reached out and managed to cushion his fall with one hand. But now he was in a vulnerable spot. Any moment now, some kind of blast would surely hit him, rendering him disabled. But as he looked back up, he saw the girl did not hit him with any special power, but instead tried to swing her sword down on top of him.

Getting past his surprise, his eyes quickly analyzed her form for any faults or weaknesses. There were none present. The swing was done perfectly. He couldn't dodge in time while on the ground like this. Acting quickly, he reached up and grabbed her wrist. Then he quickly curled up into a ball with his feet centered on the ground. The move stopped the girl's swing, as he used his entire body to block the blow. He waited until he felt her trying to raise her arm away from him. Using her own movement to support him, he quickly twisted and kicked her in the stomach, causing here to fall back a couple yards. He got to his feet, taking relief that the danger for the moment had passed. He didn't know why the paladin didn't just blast him with lightning or something. She was either really dumb or really arrogant.

The paladin got to her feet and this time charged him. He ducked under the swing and grabbed her wrist again. He then twisted her wrist around and pinned it behind her back. He watched as the pain caused her to seize up, unable to move. He looked along her sword, finally finding the slot where the paladin's crystal would go. It was empty. Realization suddenly flooded through him.
"Oh... I see. You're new at this aren't you. You haven't any real combat experience. I was wondering why you weren't using any obvious powers against me."
But quickly he realized this was troubling news.
"But this is worrying. How could a newby like you manage to track down me? Did I really make a mistake in my planning? Your danger sensing ability shouldn't have been able to register me with all the other people committing crimes in the festival."
He spent another moment, puzzling over this. He finally decided he needed to end this. A paladin dead would certainly make his life easier.
"Oh well. I better finish this up. Maybe I can still execute my target before he can get into his uncle's protection."
He yanked on her arm, causing her to fall onto her knee's in pain. He brought the dagger around to stop just above her neck. He could feel her shaking with fear. That was good. The paladin finally realized who was in power here.
"Time to die, Paladin."

...He snarled out loud as he withdrew himself from the memory. If those damn other paladins hadn't gotten in the way, he would have had her back then. He reached into his robe and pulled out the folder. He opened it up to look at the sketch of her face again.

This time, she was not going to get away.

Lix Lorn
2011-02-27, 11:56 AM
Flashbacks? You be careful, Silv, they can get annoying fast when overused. :smalltongue:
COUGHValleyoftheEndCOUGH.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-27, 12:29 PM
Eh, nothing in that part we didn't already know.

smuchmuch
2011-02-27, 12:31 PM
Ah but here the flashback have the avantage of givng us a different POV on an already familiar scene.
Form the start of this chapter it look like the bad guys will get somme more devellopement. It's a good thing but I'm wondering if they aren't going to end up stealing the spotlight a bit.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-27, 05:39 PM
I wonder what diabolical scheme Recaiden has for Viola? One thing's for certain, it'll be foiled by Kurama and Penny! Just like Mangosta's was.:smalltongue:

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-27, 05:44 PM
I wonder what diabolical scheme Recaiden has for Viola? One thing's for certain, it'll be foiled by Kurama and Penny! Just like Mangosta's was.:smalltongue:

Don't we all love plot armor? (or Armour, whichever you prefer.)

Partysan
2011-02-27, 06:36 PM
But Recaiden has anti-armor-poison. Do you think it works against plot armot too?

BladeofOblivion
2011-02-27, 06:41 PM
But Recaiden has anti-armor-poison. Do you think it works against plot armot too?

It didn't the first time.

Recaiden
2011-02-27, 07:34 PM
Yeah. I'm doomed to failure here. But that's okay. Viola deserves to win.

Partysan
2011-02-27, 10:45 PM
Yeah. I'm doomed to failure here. But that's okay. Viola deserves to win.

I'm sure you will at least lose awesomely.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-02-27, 10:49 PM
I'm sure you will at least lose awesomely.

Yes, it will be awesome. Recaiden shall become a dervish of whirling blades... And then he shall cut himself, the poison killing him.:smalltongue:

Grimlock
2011-03-01, 10:44 AM
Hey, hey- new chapter. :smallsmile:
Nice flashback from Recaiden's perspective!
Also, what's with all the anti-pony fervour going on here? It's like you are afeared of them of something...hmmm... interesting future evil plans! :smallamused:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-01, 01:51 PM
Hey, hey- new chapter. :smallsmile:
Nice flashback from Recaiden's perspective!
Also, what's with all the anti-pony fervour going on here? It's like you are afeared of them of something...hmmm... interesting future evil plans! :smallamused:

Yes, Lix and Recaiden are teaming up to destroy the academy... WITH AN ARMY OF PONIES!! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!

Viera Champion
2011-03-01, 08:17 PM
We should make a Paladin Academy FFRP.:smallamused::smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-01, 10:53 PM

... I'm still trying to wrap my head around the camp half-blood FFRP. Of course, that's probably because I joined after 30+ threads had been burned through.

Silverraptor
2011-03-01, 10:57 PM

If you guys do make one, I might just read it out of entertainment.:smallwink:

Blue Ghost
2011-03-01, 10:58 PM
I call the role of Blue! :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2011-03-01, 11:50 PM
I would join it, but playing the role of Grim might be wee bit difficult when he is dead... Plus, he is not very balanced character by necessity :smalltongue:

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-01, 11:57 PM
I would join it, but playing the role of Grim might be wee bit difficult when he is dead... Plus, he is not very balanced character by necessity :smalltongue:

Muahahaha! I'm one of the few people here with creative freedom!

Lord Raziere
2011-03-02, 12:08 AM
I would probably play....something....I dunno something rebellious. I always do something rebellious, its my way of life.

Silverraptor
2011-03-02, 12:18 AM
Whatever you guys do, just make it non-canon.

Partysan
2011-03-02, 05:52 AM
Whatever you guys do, just make it non-canon.

It's you who makes stuff canon after all.:smallbiggrin:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-02, 10:00 AM
If they make a paladin academy FFRP, I shall play Rabbit!

Lix Lorn
2011-03-02, 10:42 AM
Ooh! I get to play Viola! :smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2011-03-02, 10:44 AM
I'll play a barbarian guy named "Razz" with an axe.

sure sounds cliche but I like axes.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-02, 01:49 PM
If someone does make a FFRP for paladin academy, and I do play Rabbit, then she's not going to be a neat-freak, but everything else about her stays the same (perfectionist, excellent swordsmistress, expects everyone to learn as fast as she does, etc.).

Lix Lorn
2011-03-02, 01:58 PM
In all seriousness, I don't think we should play other people.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-02, 02:09 PM

Why not? I mean, we didn't get to pick our characters personalities (well, not entirely). But I'd be fine playing my guy.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-02, 02:12 PM
It just doesn't seem right. I dunno why.

Recaiden
2011-03-02, 02:12 PM
Why not? I mean, we didn't get to pick our characters personalities (well, not entirely). But I'd be fine playing my guy.

Because they're not names or ideas that are yours.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-02, 07:46 PM
I call the role of Blue! :smallbiggrin:

Awww, I wanted to be him :smalltongue:

A Paladin Academy FFRP would be cool, even if I'm not actually in the story yet.

Viera Champion
2011-03-02, 08:29 PM
Haha! I started a trend! If you guys really want to do this, I can make a write up and a thread (since it WAS my idea...:smalltongue:).

Also, why play your character in the story? At least change their personality. It's not fun or original if we just make the exact same character as the story.

Silverraptor
2011-03-02, 08:49 PM
Ya. Go ahead and make up your own characters and story. All you really need to know is that there are paladins that have magical crystals. And then you got yourself a game.

Blue Ghost
2011-03-02, 11:01 PM
Ooh! I get to play Viola! :smalltongue:

:smallconfused: ... :smalleek:

I agree. :smalltongue:

I think the RP should take place in a different time, with a different set of paladins. But Blue can stay, since he's the wizard. :smalltongue:

Grim ranger
2011-03-02, 11:47 PM
I agree. :smalltongue:

I think the RP should take place in a different time, with a different set of paladins. But Blue can stay, since he's the wizard. :smalltongue:

Indeed, every fantasy story needs... the wizard who did it :smallcool:

Well, if we are going to make new paladins, I might try honest to goodness hero this time around :smallbiggrin:

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-03, 01:45 AM
Haha! I started a trend! If you guys really want to do this, I can make a write up and a thread (since it WAS my idea...:smalltongue:).

Also, why play your character in the story? At least change their personality. It's not fun or original if we just make the exact same character as the story.

If you guys actually do draft this abomination of an FFRP, I'm going to create some nightmarish villain. Just because.

Viera Champion
2011-03-03, 06:05 AM
Kurama's great great great grandson!

Partysan
2011-03-03, 06:22 AM
Then I wanna be a girl pally!

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 06:30 AM
If you guys actually do draft this abomination of an FFRP, I'm going to create some nightmarish villain. Just because.
Want to ally? :smallamused:

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-03, 06:37 AM
Want to ally? :smallamused:

Yes. The smart villian does not spurn such eager applicants.

Not unless they are in shining armor or are otherwise obviously Heroes. :smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 10:05 AM

But I want all the familiar characters to be there!:smallfrown:

Partysan
2011-03-03, 11:03 AM
But I want all the familiar characters to be there!:smallfrown:

Maybe Viola is now headmistress, Mordocai moved in with Blue, Kurama is a teacher and Penny is the janitor.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 02:03 PM
Silly. I killed Mordokai and duelled Blue. It was a draw. We both got really injured. There is UST.*

*One of these is a lie.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 02:05 PM
I got an awesome idea about how Blue's still there long after the rest have died! He becomes... Blue the ghost!:smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 02:17 PM
Positive energy spirit you mean.
Only the honour of a paladin is unbreakable.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 02:18 PM
Positive energy spirit you mean.
Only the honour of a paladin is inbreakable.

He's not a paladin, and ghosts behave exactly as they did in life, they aren't evil unless they were in life.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 02:24 PM
Still, the undead type has negative connotations.

Pun not intended I swear.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 03:04 PM
They aren't necessarily negative energy, remember Roy's ghost? Of course, that could be just for the OOTS setting.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 03:07 PM
...maybe. I'm not sure he was a ghost. He wasn't undead, just... dead.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 03:11 PM
Ghosts are dead! They just aren't in the afterlife.

Recaiden
2011-03-03, 03:28 PM
Still, the undead type has negative connotations.

Pun not intended I swear.

But these aren't OOTS undead, just ghosts.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 03:32 PM
But these aren't OOTS undead, just ghosts.

You're right! It isn't dnd if it doesn't have a game system!

Also, in 4e, (I don't play, but I bought some of the books before I found out 3.5 is better) there's an epic destiny for wizards called "the archlich". The fluff is you're a lich, but not necessarily evil, because you found out on your own how to become a lich, rather than using the ritual of Orcus, demon prince of undead.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 03:55 PM
Pretty cool, but I can't see Blue as a skeleton. A ghost is more likely. :smalltongue:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I was using it as an example of a non-evil negative energy undead.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-03, 05:07 PM
True enough. I'm not saying Negative Energy is always evil, just that it generally is and is perceived as such.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-03, 05:22 PM
How about he's just a Deathless (from the BoED)?

Recaiden
2011-03-03, 05:29 PM
How about he's just a Deathless (from the BoED)?

But Deathless are so pointless. I wouldn't wish being a Deathless on my worst enemy.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 06:05 PM
But Deathless are so pointless. I wouldn't wish being a Deathless on my worst enemy.

It's a good way to gain immortality. And the positive energy spirits in OOTS are basically the deathless version of the ghost. But I prefer regular ghosts.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-03, 06:26 PM

It's a good way to gain immortality. And the positive energy spirits in OOTS are basically the deathless version of the ghost. But I prefer regular ghosts.

Fine, homebrew up a ghost-type creature that's a Deathless, not an Undead.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 06:29 PM
Fine, homebrew up a ghost-type creature that's a Deathless, not an Undead.

THIS IS A FREE FORM ROLE PLAY, IT DOESN'T USE ANY GAME SYSTEM, THERE ARE NO STAT BLOCKS.

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-03, 06:51 PM
THIS IS A FREE FORM ROLE PLAY, IT DOESN'T USE ANY GAME SYSTEM, THERE ARE NO STAT BLOCKS.

By "Homebrew", I'm fairly sure he meant "make up."

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 06:53 PM

I'm not so sure, because it sounded like he was talking about stats.

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-03, 07:00 PM
I'm not so sure, because it sounded like he was talking about stats.

Is ghost a type now? I think he just meant a deathless creature that resembles a ghost. Problem solved.

Blue Ghost
2011-03-03, 07:45 PM
The Spirit of Paladin Academy, who occasionally shows up to give advice in the form of cryptic metaphors! I like it! :smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2011-03-03, 08:13 PM
Kurama's the new head of the Academy. *cough cough* Huh what? Who said that? Whoever did has some great ideas going.:smalltongue:

Saint Nil
2011-03-03, 08:20 PM
Hmm, maybe this could actually force me to spend sometime on the FFRP section like I promised certain villains I would. >.>

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-03, 09:52 PM

Yeah, sorry, I meant "make up". D&D was on the brain.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-03, 11:14 PM
Yeah, sorry, I meant "make up". D&D was on the brain.

Then why wouldn't you treat it as a regular ghost?

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-03, 11:16 PM
Then why wouldn't you treat it as a regular ghost?

Changed Fluff. You know, so it doesn't magically scan the same as a Zombie. And it doesn't haunt people.

Silverraptor
2011-03-10, 12:46 AM
Paladin Academy: Chapter 2: Part 6
-Cast-
Rabbit
Kurama
Viola

Kurama walked swiftly down the stone halls. The sun was set a bright red glow on the horizon. Kurama was glad that the work was finally over. He could finally speak to the person he had been thinking about seeing all day.

He spots the door to the infirmary just ahead and jogs the last few steps to it. As he reaches out to take the door handle, the door suddenly opens and he finds a firm strong hand pushing him back.
"Oh no you don't, lover boy."

Kurama blinked in surprise.
"Oh, uh... Rabbit? What are you... uh, I came to see Viola..."

Rabbit raised and eyebrow, her expression unreadable.
"Of course you are. Practically everyone here knows about you two."
She then closes the door behind her, then turns to face him.

Kurama glances back and forth between the Rabbit and the door behind her.
"Oooookay...? But why are you blocking my way to see her?"

Rabbit crossed her arms, smiling slightly.
"I'm just following orders."

Kurama stared back at her. The worst possible scenario was playing in the back of his mind.
"You mean... I can't see her anymore?..."
Rabbit didn't answer. She just stood there with her arms crossed, obviously enjoying herself.
"Did Mordokai set you on this?"

Rabbit looked over her shoulder at the door.
"Actually, these orders are from Viola."

Kurama stared in shock.
"She... she didn't want me to see her? But... But why?...
His world seemed to be turning upside down.

Rabbit rolled her eyes.
"My goodness, Kurama. Its a girl thing that I thought you would've picked up on by now. However, Viola seems particularly stern on the issue."

Kurama felt as if several large question marks were removing themselves from his skull and hovering around him. What was this "Girl Thing"? Why did Viola not want him to see her anymore?
"B-But... I-"

Just then, Viola's voice was heard on the other side of the door.
"Okay, Rabbit. I'm done. You can let him in now."
Amused, Rabbit uncrossed her arms and turned to open the door for Kurama.

Kurama looked at her confused.
"What's going on?"

"Isn't it obvious? We were getting Viola into some clean clothes. She heard you coming and had me stand guard. She also wanted me to add you were a pervert."

Kurama felt a flicker of annoyance.
"Why didn't you tell me that from the start?!"

"Because it was fun watching you think that it was the end of your world."
She chuckled.
"Anyways, enjoy your quality time together. But don't get too into it."
She then turned and walked off down the hall. Kurama stepped forward through the door, closing it behind him.

He turned to look at Viola, who was trying to sit up better. The first thing he noticed was she was using her left arm to help her move. This was the first time she had been able to do so since the injury. He hurried over to be by her side.
"So, you can move again?"

Viola grit her teeth as she finishes adjusting her position. Breathing heavily, she looks up at Kurama.
"Barely. Hurts like heck, though."
Kurama looks around for his chair, only to find a white shirt and a pair of pants that had a leg hanging off the chair dumped upon it.
"Oh, sorry. I just flung them aside when I was changing."

Kurama picks them up and throws them over into the corner before sitting down.
"So, how are you doing?"

Viola sighs.
"Dying of boredom in here with nothing but the pain in my arm to keep me company."

Kurama smiled.
"So, apart from being able to sit up, nothing has changed."

Viola shook her head.
"Nope."

Kurama takes a moment to consider what to tell her.
"Well, there have been quite a few events happening in the mean time. First off, Lix hates you."

Viola looks at Kurama.
"She does? Why?"
But before he could speak, she rolled her eyes.
"Oooooh. Because I killed Grim. And telling her that I saved the academy while doing so isn't helping?"

"Nope."
Viola sighs.
"In other news, Mordokai is leaving."

Viola looks back Kurama.
"He is? Why?"

"A new paladin is about to hear their call. They are apparently over on the eastern continent."

"Do we know anything about them."

Kurama half smiles.
"No, we don't. Only Mordokai and Nil are able to figure out when the crystals mature. I've always wondered what its like..."

He stares off into the distance, thinking about everything.
"Do we at least know if its a boy or girl?"

"Not even something as simple as that. Though if it is a girl, she will certainly be less shy when changing then you."

Viola raises and eyebrow.
"What do you mean by that?"

Kurama winks at her.
"Tight and simple clothing is their fashion over there. I'm sure she would love to get out of those clothes."

Viola glares at Kurama's daydreaming.
"It could be a boy, you know."

"I know. But I can still hope, right?"
He chuckles as her good hand slaps him across the shoulder.
"I'm kidding! I'm kidding! At least I know you're the jealous type."
He dodged out of range from her next blow, still smiling widely. He couldn't tell her that the look she was giving him was only adding to his amusement.
"Heh heh... So, uh... Is there anything I could do for you?"

Viola still glared at him.
"Well, yes. I am starting to get hungry, as a matter of fact."

Kurama nodded quickly.
"Right! Food! I'll go get us some."
In a flash, Kurama had left the room, closing the door behind him. Viola could see his footsteps hurrying down the hall, fading into the distance. When she couldn't sense them anymore, she slowly smiled.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-10, 12:50 AM
Not sure what to think of this.:smallconfused:

But you're definitely going for a romance between them!:smallwink:

Saint Nil
2011-03-10, 12:57 AM
I like it. Despite being paladins, it shows how they are first off people. They have quirks, and more importantly strong emotional connections to one another. Not all chapters need to involve deamons. Or crazy Lixpires...

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 04:56 AM
Woooo I got mentioned. <3

I'm glad viola's getting better. Also nice to see Rabbit with a sense of humour.

Viera Champion
2011-03-10, 05:56 AM
Oh my... You seemed to have nailed my personality excellently... Even though this is just a story and Kurama is only a character portayel of me.

BisectedBrioche
2011-03-10, 06:40 AM
Daww, she's a tsundere.

Partysan
2011-03-10, 06:47 AM
I love that human side of rabbit. And great chemistry again, Silver.

Grim ranger
2011-03-10, 10:48 AM
Heh. Nice to see that Grim has at least nominal impact on the plot even after he has kicked it for good. Who wants to guess that the sneaky blackguard left something behind just in case he got murderized?

...Okay, I admit that it is pretty long shot. Still, there's no stopping Epileptic Trees :smalltongue:

It is also nice to see that Viola and Kurama start to get some character development again. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 10:53 AM
Don't worry. I'll bring you back soon.
If I just sacrifice every paladin, I can bring you back. Equivalent exchange. :smallamused:

super dark33
2011-03-10, 12:02 PM
But who is the hot,manly,strong,smart and mostly humble person who could weaken the academy enoug for you to suceed :smallbiggrin:?

Lix Lorn
2011-03-10, 12:28 PM
...Recaiden?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-10, 12:31 PM
...Recaiden?

Probably.:smalltongue:

super dark33
2011-03-10, 12:42 PM
and who is the manlier, stronger,smarter and much more humble person who made him what he is now? :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2011-03-10, 12:44 PM
But who is the hot,manly,strong,smart and mostly humble person who could weaken the academy enough for you to suceed :smallbiggrin:?

You're too kind. But I won't stop at weakening the academy. I will tear it all down, and remake it in my own image, purely because they challenged me.

Of course, we'll need some other source of support for an Assassin's Academy.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-10, 12:45 PM
and who is the manlier, stronger,smarter and much more humble person who made him what he is now? :smallbiggrin:

Uh... God?

Recaiden
2011-03-10, 12:48 PM
Uh... God?

Please. I am a self-made being.
I work with Sarudark because his poison does make it easier, but even paladins have to remove their armor sometimes.

@V: It's a knife. There are hundreds like it.

super dark33
2011-03-10, 02:08 PM
dont forget that small dagger of yours,wo do you think made it? pnina rozenblum? no! i did!

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-10, 03:18 PM
dont forget that small dagger of yours,wo do you think made it? pnina rozenblum? no! i did!

No, God did.:smalltongue:

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-10, 07:57 PM
Don't worry. I'll bring you back soon.
If I just sacrifice every paladin, I can bring you back. Equivalent exchange. :smallamused:

But then all you'll get is Pride! (The Homunculus :smallwink:)

Lix Lorn
2011-03-11, 05:19 AM
Ohnono, that would be sacrificing one. If I sacrifice them all, I will have the stone, and alchemy will bend to my whim.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-11, 11:51 AM
Ohnono, that would be sacrificing one. If I sacrifice them all, I will have the stone, and alchemy will bend to my whim.

Alchemy?:smalltongue:

I think you mean academy.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-11, 12:04 PM
Nonono.
I sacrificed that. :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-03-11, 08:25 PM
Alchemy?:smalltongue:

I think you mean academy.

I think not. With that many FMA references it's alchemy or die. No academy in that equation.

Tychris1
2011-03-14, 04:57 PM
So we can just request for a character? Alright cool, though mine would be a Death Knight (Dark Paladin/Fallen Paladin that kind of stuff). Able to raise the dead via playing an instrument (Axe guitars come to mind). Only so that we can have someone who wields the THE POWER OF ROCK! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock)

Lix Lorn
2011-03-14, 05:15 PM
I Approve.

Tychris1
2011-03-14, 05:18 PM
Should I write down anything else (Such as the 4 back up, which I have nicely hidden inbetween the part of my brain that tells me how to make Pb and J sandwhiches and the part that wants to go on an unstoppable murder streak.....Maybe I should move it.) or is that all that is needed?

Partysan
2011-03-14, 05:34 PM
I think not. With that many FMA references it's alchemy or die. No academy in that equation.

Wouldn't it be FCA in that universe?

So we can just request for a character? Alright cool, though mine would be a Death Knight (Dark Paladin/Fallen Paladin that kind of stuff). Able to raise the dead via playing an instrument (Axe guitars come to mind). Only so that we can have someone who wields the THE POWER OF ROCK! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock)

It seems to me as if people were constantly trying to increase the anime-esque part of this story. Not like that's a bad thing.

Tychris1
2011-03-14, 05:38 PM
It seems to me as if people were constantly trying to increase the anime-esque part of this story. Not like that's a bad thing.

Brutal Legend (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle4w46reyn).... that is all.

I am seriously confused on how the heck THE POWER OF ROCK(!!!) translates to Anime. Plus I was inspired by Brutal Legend to make something awesome that uses Heavy Metal to use it's powers. And Brutal Legend's american, not japanese so there was no influence from anime in my decision.

Partysan
2011-03-14, 05:59 PM
Brutal Legend (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle4w46reyn).... that is all.

I am seriously confused on how the heck THE POWER OF ROCK(!!!) translates to Anime. Plus I was inspired by Brutal Legend to make something awesome that uses Heavy Metal to use it's powers. And Brutal Legend's american, not japanese so there was no influence from anime in my decision.

True. I was using anime because it both represents an over-the-top style and has stylistic influence on the story. While Brutal Legend hasn't anything to do with anime it is pretty over-the-top and thus would lead to an increase of style elements in PA that up until now gave it an anime-esque flavour.

Tychris1
2011-03-14, 06:04 PM
Anime doesn't seem that over the top. So far the only anime I know of that is over the top, without being ridiculous (Well it can be ridiculous, but it keeps you entertained enough to enhance your suspension of disbelief and it runs purely off of "Rule of Cool") is Teppen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Also, I'm fairly certain Anime didn't invent the "Over the top awesomeness that influences the story" idea. Heck, The Power Of Rock dates back to Orpheus, so it's older then dirt. And thus older than any fragment of what we know of as Anime today. What's happening to this story, from what I can tell, is a trope in the works, and not just Anime squeezing itself in.

Partysan
2011-03-14, 06:38 PM
Actually I don't want to argue semantics here. What you're saying is more or less pretty much all correct, but I seriously don't think it's needed to stress it so much. You don't like me comparing the brutal legend style with the anime style combat in the story (Silver admitted himself he was imagining anime style action scenes) because you want to seperate the style from the anime label, that's fine with me. I just don't like feeling attacked.

Tychris1
2011-03-14, 06:40 PM
I'm not trying to attack, I just felt that you were being a bit to generalizing when you were talking about the Anime influence is all.

Edit: And a nickname for my character would be Tyler.

Silverraptor
2011-03-14, 07:47 PM
Um, can you post the back up powers for me. I'll just say right now, raising the dead with music will be kicked out without a second consideration.

Blue Ghost
2011-03-14, 07:50 PM
I haven't commented on the latest chapter yet, have I?
It's one of my favorites so far. Great work, Raptor! :smallsmile:

Silverraptor
2011-03-14, 07:55 PM
I haven't commented on the latest chapter yet, have I?
It's one of my favorites so far. Great work, Raptor! :smallsmile:

Thank you.:smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2011-03-14, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't it be FCA in that universe?

Ummmm... No... Not at all. I'm not sure what FCA stands for...

Tychris1
2011-03-14, 08:23 PM
Back up powers:

1.Soul Stealer: The ability to take someones soul upon killing them. One of the reasons it is such a deadly ability is due to the fact that it rejuvenates the user (and there abilitys) upon stealing the soul, but to steal it requires that you kill it in melée combat. It gives things to the user such as knowledge, memorys, a lesser amount of there skills, and if they are say a magic user a basic one time attack from them.

2.Avatar: Take forth the Avatar of Death itself. Making someone stronger, faster, more durable, the undead they summon are empowered, and when the body metamorphosis' it turns into a monster. This can only be sustained for a short time (1 minute to be precise, depending on what the user does however can lower it down a bit. Simply hack and slashing won't negatively effect it much, summoning a Dracolich? Don't expect to be the Avatar for long.). It is a hard thing to do, usually leaving the user drained and unable to do it for a LONG time (A day or so is normal).

3.Metamorphosis: The ability to alter limbs on a human being. Things such as altering vision to be better suited in the dark, gaining additional muscle, and even turning your arm into a blade are examples of it in work. The process is not permanet however, and must be returned to normal eventually. Metamorphosing into something to hard will send massive backlash to the user, putting them in excruciating pain and reverting what they were trying to do instantly.

And that's what I got Numbers 1-2 are advanced, and thus Tyler wouldn't know how to do any of it until later on when he becomes better at using his powers. Also, due to the various techniques for Metamorphosis he would only know the basics of it. The process is a gradual thing so that it isn't to unfair, but allows for growth and the ability to see a stark difference in power from beginning to end.

Partysan
2011-03-15, 01:37 AM
Ummmm... No... Not at all. I'm not sure what FCA stands for...

Full Crystal Alchemist. In reference to paladin power crystals. Yes, it was rather lame. Sue me. Nya.

Viera Champion
2011-03-15, 07:18 PM
Full Crystal Alchemist. In reference to paladin power crystals. Yes, it was rather lame. Sue me. Nya.

Sigh...:smallsigh:

You fail at being a Sassmancer. I am champion of Sassmancing. I have even reached the Roast King prestige class.

Partysan
2011-03-15, 07:28 PM
Sigh...:smallsigh:

You fail at being a Sassmancer. I am champion of Sassmancing. I have even reached the Roast King prestige class.

Do you take disciples?

Grimlock
2011-03-16, 10:24 AM
Just read the latest Chapter- nice to see the blossoming/continuing romance between the two. I think it adds to the world, creates a world outisde the fighting and the training for the paladins. Also, allows characters to develop.
I like it!

Viera Champion
2011-03-16, 09:00 PM
Do you take disciples?

Yes, yes I do my young Sassprentice.

Silverraptor
2011-03-27, 11:50 PM
Paladin Academy: Chapter 2: Part 7
-Cast-
Bis
Rabbit
Nil
Blue

Footsteps echo down the hall with a steady rhythm. A soft female chuckle accompanied the footsteps on their stroll. As they round a corner, a voice calls out.
"Hello Rabbit."

Rabbit stopped, startled. Bis was before her, yet his back was to her. He was bent over picking up some scrolls that were scattered across the ground while holding an already large armful of scrolls.
"How did you know it was me?"

Bis picked up a scroll, only to have a couple more fall out of the pile onto the floor.
"Who else has footsteps that are so perfectly in beat?"
He still tries picking up the scrolls in vain until Rabbit started helping him.
"Oh, thank you. I thought I could carry all these in one trip myself."

Rabbit scoops up the last of the scrolls and looks closely at one of them.
"Who are these for?"

"Nil."
He turns and starts walking down the hallway.
"Mordokai wanted me to give these to Nil to work on while he was gone."

Rabbit looks incredulously at the number of scrolls.
"All of these?!"

"Yeah. I think Mordokai purposely gave Nil the task just so he didn't have to do it himself. Or maybe prevent him from throwing any parties while he's gone."
He chuckled at his joke.

"Awww. Poor Nil. Can you imagine the sudden responsibility he has thrust upon him?"

"He'll probably be too busy enjoying Mordokai's fancy chair."

"Don't say that about Nil. He's not like that."

"I am loving this chair!"
Nil was spinning around on a very fancy looking swivel armchair looking quite pleased with himself. As he spun, he tries addressing a corner of the room as it comes briefly in sight before dashing out of sight again.
"Why can't you...make chairs like this...for the rest of us...Blue?"

Blue is leaning heavily on his staff watching Nil enjoy himself. While his expression unreadable, his eyes showed hint of both amusement and annoyance.
"Because it has proven itself to, time and time again, attract the recipient's attention that is best directed elsewhere."

Nil finally stopped spinning around in the chair.
"Oh sorry. But the fact this chair can spin around, as well as being incredibly comfortable, its just so different then those hard wooden chairs we have to put up with."

"Indeed. However, if we could put your interest in unique furniture aside for a moment, perhaps we can continue on."

Nil sits up a little straighter.
"Right. So what do you have to report."

Blue reaches into his robes to pull out a purple potion.
"It is unfortunate that on the day of his departure, I was unable to inform Mordokai of the success of the counter-poison to Recaiden's tool. I am curious as to where he gets such a stash. The potion suggests a magic origin. Unfortunately, I was unable to determine the source or the type of magic. It was simply too old."

Nil leans back in his chair.
"I didn't know magic-"
There was a knock at the door.
"Oh, come in!"

Bis and Rabbit enter carrying their armful of scrolls.
"Mordokai asked me to give these to you Nil before he left. Oh, hi Blue."
Blue just turns his head to acknowledge he heard them. But otherwise says nothing.

As Rabbit and Nil start dumping the scrolls on the desk, Nil stares at them in horror.
"What in the Seven Heavens is this?!"

"Something Mordokai wanted to have looked through by you while he was gone."
Everyone else in the room couldn't help but notice Rabbit organizing the scrolls into a straight and neat row across the desk.

Nil grabs he wrist to stop her.
"Thank you, Rabbit. But I got it from here thanks. You two can go now."

Rabbit nods in acknowledgement and the two turn and leave the office. But before the door closes, Nil heard from Rabbit,
"See? I told you Nil wasn't like that."

Nil sat down heavily in the chair and placed his face in his hand.
"He's doing this to torture me. I just know it."

"While I would normally assist in the defense of Mordokai in any accusation."
The glowing eyes do a sweep at the number of scrolls before him.
"The evidence is staggering."

Nil sighs.
"It's getting late. You should go too Blue."

"Alas, a pity. And just when things were getting good to."
Nil answered with an annoyed look out of the corner of his eye.
"Very well. Until light arises once more."

The door closes leaving Nil alone with the mountain of scrolls in front of him. He reaches out and picks up one of them at random and slowly unrolls it. At a glance, it appeared to be an old blueprint of the fortress. Nil tosses it aside on the desk and gets up. He crosses the room, blows out the candles supplying the light, and closes the door behind him.

BladeofOblivion
2011-03-28, 12:18 AM
As awesome as ever!

The mood whiplash between Rabbit talking to Bis and Nil spinning gave me a good laugh.

Lix Lorn
2011-03-28, 02:54 AM
Clearly, although vengeance for my lost love is my primary reason, the almost as vital second is getting that chair! :smallmad:

Saint Nil
2011-03-28, 06:23 AM
That was funny.:smallbiggrin:
Great chapter as always, though I do wonder Mordokai's real reason for loading all those scrolls on Nil.

Viera Champion
2011-03-28, 07:58 AM
Oh silly Nil. I own that chair.