PDA

View Full Version : Stories in the Playground

Silverraptor
2010-06-05, 01:58 PM
In this thread, we shall perpetuate the grand mythos of the Playground. This thread will be for posting stories about our fellow Playgrounders, similar to the former Shipping thread, but with a more general focus.

Rules:
Be sure to remain in the Forum Rules at all times.
Only post stories about Playgrounders who have given permission in the Permissions thread.
THIS IS NOT ANOTHER SHIPPING THREAD. Please refrain from stories with heavy ANY romantic themes, to respect the wishes of our moderators.

Otherwise, please have fun with it.

Permission Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8633932#post8633932)

Rule List

Aaaaaahhhh, the joys of writing.
GUess what? As the grandmother of the first set of threads I give full permission for Curly (and all derivatives thereof) to be used in stories.

Now business:

Back when there were still Shipping Threads, towards the edge of their life there was serious talk about better rules so as to avoid closure.
I c&p my annotated rules below (mostly unedited from previous posts and PMs) with the suggestion they get edited into the first post of the permissions thread and the story thread proper.

NOTE: the section dealing specifically with 'romance' still applies, but as with the moderators suggestions I believe we should avoid any heavy romance stories until the mods say otherwise.
I'm not sure how far heavy romance is so I'll probably write up a few stories, send them to Roland and ask which or if any of them go over the heavy romance line or if it's best to just avoid all romance stories. No, I'm not getting into the pre-approval business, and no, no type of romance, chaste or otherwise, should be included. Avoid romance, courting, sex, sexual conduct, or anything else even possibly construed as these things. We've spent far too much time already trying to moderate the Shipping/Crack Pairings threads; we're not going down that road even a little bit. It seems that's what you have in mind, so I'm just going to lock this altogether.

So much of what is written below ranges from misleading to just plain wrong that I've struck it all. If you can't do this thread without the romance, kissing, touching, sex, etc. then you can't do it. We do not have the moderator time (nor the desire) to monitor whether your nine second kiss is okay or you eleven second hug with wandering hands is too sexual.

I did approve the opening of a new stories thread on the condition that it not involve any of the prohibited elements of Shipping. Apparently, that is not possible, or at least not what the OP had in mind.

I've been working on an analysis/clarification and elaboration on the Forum Rules specifically through Shipping (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8296390&postcount=1087) goggles.
I've annotated the majority of the Forum Rules, but the most Shipping relevant parts are under Major Infractions, Innapropriate Topics and Shipping Permissions and Shipping Stories in particular so I've copied and pasted the most pertinent parts below as well as I'd like especial help defining what is and is not acceptable.

Major Infractions
Flaming - breaking this down line by line again.
Specific things you cannot do on this message board that might be allowed elsewhere:
Tell a poster to shut up or to stop posting on the current thread. - if this has happened before, let's not have it happen again. We're all equal here, and the only people whose opinions count more than anyone else's are the people in your shipping story. If they have serious objections to content in that story you'll have to remove it or edit it according to their objections. This is why we have Story Permissions and our own sense. Aside from this, eveyrone's opinion is equal. Please see below for further discussion of Shipping Permissions.
Name calling, including terms obviously meant in a pejorative sense such as "troll" or "fanboy" - we've had occasional minor insults bandied about in this thread, but not, I think, more than any other general thread. But seeing as our very existence is skirting some major issues let's not do this any more. But 'fanboy' and 'fangirl' in a positive sense are NOT allowed.
. . .
Putting down or insulting ANY play preference, including (but not explicitly limited to) choice of game system, choice of preferred levels, classes, or races, choice of setting, choice of power level, etc. You cannot call another poster a munchkin or make any other disparaging remarks about how they like to play the game. You can express your own preference, you can express why you don't care for their preference, but you can't put someone down for feeling differently. - not a real problem I hope. This is a shipping thread. SAY WHAT? We all have our own preferences (for writing and for whom we want/don't want to be shipped with). Don't mock people's preferences. A creative writing thread is for creative writing. You can explain why you didn't like X, but you can't mock/insult people for it. Plain and simple.
Belittling or putting down anyone or their opinions based on post count, member rank, or how long they have been a member. - How can I put this? Yes, I'm the Grandmother of Shipping and Goddess of the Written Word. THIS MEANS NOTHING. My opinion is no more valid than anyone else's unless I'm commenting on a ship I'm in/have written. And even then the former only count for the writer. The opinion youngest shipper and even the one who hasn't written a ship counts just a validly as mine or anyone else's.
Posting insults or slurs based on anyone's race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, or sexual orientation is a Permanent Infraction (see below). - I don't know if this counts 'in-story'. All I can say is: USE YOUR DISCRETION. Nevertheless, no racism, no homo/other sexuality-phobia please. This isn't actually a problem out-of-story. In-story, I think we'll have a little leeway if it's with our own fantasy-worlds. Like with the Word Builder threads. All I can say is: out of story if this happens you're a numpty. Please don't do this. In-story . . . keep it to an absolute minimum, obviously we'd prefer it if we didn't have any; but for some of the more dramatic stories, if it's necessary disclaimers are a must-have. Also, definitely consult with the people in the story about this. And possibly your chosen 'proofreader' if you decide to have one. I think I'll PM some questions to Roland or another mod to discuss the application of such things inside a story. But for now, if it's in the story, let's keep it to an absolute minimum and make sure everyone in-story's okay with this and post a disclaimer.
Posting on Inappropriate Topics - see below for this. It's the MAJOR SHIPPING DISCUSSION.
Vigilante Modding
If you’re not a Moderator, don’t act like one. Rich has selected a few people he trusts to keep an eye on conversations here. Please refrain from chastising other posters over breaking the rules, especially concerning minor things. The proper response when you see someone breaking these rules is to report the post as discussed above or to a PM to the local Moderator. At most, you may courteously link to this thread. But whatever you do, do not tell other posters what to do, what rules they have broken, that they are "spamming", etc. Posters who do so excessively will be issued an Infraction for their actions. - our ''mini-modders'' would probably violate this, so if everyone becomes their own ''mini-modder'' it would probably be better. The mods have, however, mentioned that it is very difficult to moderate threads such as this, so as long as we set up our own, stricter set of rules we should be okay. I also think that, a far as stories go, if you're unsure as to whether or not you think a story is hedging the line, PMing it to a 'veteran shipper' or someone else whose opinion you respect and ask them it should be acceptable. Mods and Admins have however, said that nudging people back on topic or in line with the rules is acceptable. Nudge, don't moderate.

Inappropriate Topics
The following topics are always off-limits on these forums, no matter what (hence, Inappropriate Topics). Any posts including these topics will be edited, and any threads started to discuss these topics will be locked. Please note that, as specifically stated below, these topics remain off-limits even where they intersect with gaming or other activities discussed on these forums, and that putting an alert for “Adult” or “Mature” content on the thread does not allow circumvention of this rule. - let's break this down again.
Real-world religions (including religious reactions to gaming) - I believe mythological religions have been excepted from this, and as our most 'religiously involved' stories have either created an entire new mythos or used ancient/dead/mythologcal pantheons, so we're okay for this. As further evidence, I indicate FFRP and DnD discussions.
Real-world politics (including political reactions to gaming) - the politics of a new mythos are free from this as Redemption and I'm Sorry to Love You have shown. I'm going to make a rough ruling here: let's say no politics after 1900 to be discussed or overly mentioned in-story or out-story. You can definitely set stories in this time period, most of us probably do, but try to keep the politics unmentioned or as extremely lightly as possible. And definitely don't discuss it out-story. AGain, as a rough guideline, look at FFRP and DnD specific boards for acceptability.
Graphic violence - this has been an issue for several stories. Try to keep it to a 15. We can't avoid violence in some of these stories, so let's not try. Just keep it as discreet as possible. And not over a 15.
Illegal drugs - No real-world drugs. Preferably no other-world drugs, either.
Criminal activity - I don't know about this one. From my admittedly hazy recollection of every story in the thread, our 'criminal activity' has been minimal. And almost entirely kept to serials in which we have created an entire other-world. I'd appreciate some assistance from people who've frequented the world-building threads for whether or not they allow for thieves guild mechanics and whatnot in them.
At a rough ruling I'd say that if the OoTS comic has it, we can as well as long as you keep it within the graphic violence ruling above. But preferably, no obvious criminal activity, I don't see any reason to say "Don't mention criminal activity at all", but avoid it as much as possible. I don't know about obvious guidelines yet, so use your discretion for now. If need be we can discuss this further for 'permissable in-story criminal activity'.
Explicit sexuality - this is our big one. Generally if we have same-sex pairs we don't treat it as controversial or unusual which is fine. Not explicit.
Obviously this means no sex scenes - we've skirted this sometimes - memorably I remember a Reinholdt Playa one which I found awkward and uncomfortable, and definitely no non-con.
I also think that as a 100% rule: if a person in your story finds anything objectionable, especially under this ruling, tone it down.
If any of you read FF.net I think as a fast and loose ruling we should say keep it to a T-rating; and in real-world film ratings, a . . . 15 at the very most. I won't go as far as to say no sexual content because this is a shipping thread and physical and sexual appeal is an intrinsic part of it so to remove it entirely would cause us to lose a certain aspect of it.
The notable thing with this ruling is explicit, innuedno, and implicit stuff is therefore permissable - you can certainly have scenes cut away as characters go to bed and whatnot and then have them say "That was great." , but no gory detail.
The UK has a film rating called 12A which is roughly PG-13, if we say this is the preferred maximum level of sexuality I believe it is implicit and not breaking the rules.

Shipping Permissions and Shipping Stories
I'm going to come down hard on this point, right here, right now: if anyone writes a story including someone/people who have not given their permission in the Shipping Permissions thread or by PM or personal confirmation in-thread it is against the Shipping Rules and the Forum Rules too. Alarra asked this of us way back in the beginning, we will abide by it. If someone appears in a story in a way which they have explicitly specified as outside of their limits the following will happen:
1. The author will be given twenty-four hours to edit the story so that all involved are happy with it.
2. If this does not happen the author will be asked to delete it or follow step 1. within a further twenty-four hours. The author is allowed to delete the story, rewrite it and repost it, but should that happen I believe the author should then PM the revised story to the person and get their approval before reposting it in-thread.
3. If that does not happen it should be classified as worthy of reporting. It will be reported.
In addition, I'd also say that the majority of people would probably like to at least be notified that they've been shipped, so PM them when you've posted a story. This isn't absolute and you won't be in 'trouble' if you don't PM people a link to the story; but it is good manners.
Other than that, if you feel weird about posting a ship either reread the forum rules so you can satisfy yourself they're within the parameters, or frankly, rewrite it until you feel happy and comfortable with it.

I'm specifically concerned about in-story activity when related to the Inapropriate Topics section, I know that when the forum was started up there probably wasn't any idea that threads like Shipping and Crack Pairing would ever appear, and I find the nebulous nature of that section a problem in parts.
As a result I've had to resort to film ratings or the comic to more obviously define the limits of 'criminal activity'/graphic violence (i.e. murder as okay if it's 'like' the murders/deaths in the webcomic - so not too gory, or if you follow the films ratings if it's a death/murder that would be acceptable in a film that's between a U and a 15; (I'm working off the UK film ratings though) and with preference a 12A/PG-13 as a general medium.
I've also had to use my vague knowledge of the word building and FFRP threads as a basis as well to decide what's good in-story for things such as politics and religion. Otherworld religion has a blanket 'yes' as long as it doesn't mirror Realworld religion, this is staed in the rules themselves; I've also taken that as good for in-story, and applied the same rule for politics. In addition, where stories are set this-world post 1900 I've placed a very stict limit on any mention of politics just in case someone takes offence or uses it as a starting point for a discussion.

Please read through these rules when you have the chance. The warning about romance should be especially paid attention to. But if you really want to have a little romance in your story because it would make it good, please do so with caution. As a rule of thumb, as long as it doesn't go past hugging and kissing, and the kissing scenes aren't longer than 10 seconds (:smalltongue:), then use that as the exact limit to romance and do not go futher.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-05, 03:35 PM
Sad that I'll be going away just as this grand project is starting. I'm planning to write a fictionalization of the First D War, once the major players give me their permission.

xelliea
2010-06-05, 03:47 PM
Here are all the chapters of Prey of the Night:

Prey of the Night

Chapter 1.

The Ruins she was living in were not the best place to stay but Coffee knew they were the best she could find, her long brown hair and once smooth skin was covered in mutant blood, her metal suit was rusty and she knew she had to find a safe place to stay soon. Using the light from the flashlight on her pistol to read a book she kept watch for movement, the book detailed the pre-war world and how it had been before the bombs. As she sat there Coffee heard a snap of a twig from the outside of the ruins. She quickly looked up and was sure it was a wolf, as much as she hated killing these mutated animals she found comfort in the idea that they were only mindless monsters now, however as she loaded her pistol and walked towards the area the noise came form she felt very alone.

Coffee had grown up in a small farmyard where the fields were green and the air was clean. She had lived there most of her life until a few years ago, when the bomb destroyed most of the world in nuclear fire. Since then she spent most of her time looking for water, food and shelter that were so rare in this era.

Coffee moved towards the shadow on the outside of the ruins. She quickly shone light on the figure and soon learned that this was not a monster but a human, a small girl with long untidy black hair who seemed to be covered in bits of plates, pots, pans and other bits of metal that formed a protective suit. The girl was also unarmed except for a small knife, but despite the situation she looked happy.

"Hi, my name is Minta" she said excitedly "your not a monster, but you do have a gun, guns are fun and can kill the nasty monsters." Coffee lowered her gun, looked at the girl and angrily said "Guns are not fun, life is not fun and you should be more careful."As she spoke there was a long growl from above as a large creature jumped down from a broken wall and nearly landed on Minta. Coffee grabed her, pulled her into the ruins, raised the pistol and fired.

Chapter 2.

The mutant fell to the floor after three bullets hit it's huge head, but to Coffee's surprise the shots didn't come from her but Minta, she seemed to have been hiding a well used revolver, while not as efective as Coffee's M9, it sure could take down a mutant and for this Coffee was greatful.

"Where did you get a gun?" said Coffee with a slight annoyance in her voice as she holstered her pistol "and why did you hide it?"
"I found it in a nice box, it's fun and I don't want you to take it away." Minta exclaimed happily as she looked at the dead mutant.
Coffee sighed, thought for a while and explained to Minta that the area wasn't safe now and that they would now have to move to a safer place.

Coffee and Minta started to gather up the small scraps of food that remained, then Coffee saw a few mutants watching them, just watching them, this scared her and it confirmed her thought that they had to leave. After they had packed everything they kept an eye on the mutants, left the ruins and they were on the move again.
P.S. My Punctuation isn't my best point so please don't complain.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-05, 04:42 PM
I am *so* involved. ;P I'll write something as soon as I get an idea, yep!

Falgorn
2010-06-05, 04:42 PM
I am *so* involved. ;P I'll write something as soon as I get an idea, yep!

Seconded with happiness. :smallsmile:

Quincunx
2010-06-05, 04:51 PM
Yezmina's Tower 1 - Recaiden, Mangosta, Bisected8, RabbitHoleLost

"Flawless." Recaiden leaned out over the running boards, almost out over the edge of the descending platform itself, and admired the quartet of thoroughbreds. "I wasn't even certain until now. No mortal horses would be so calm--Mangosta, don't even think of it." Mangosta, hands interlaced behind his head, grinned and shuffled his propped-up feet further back along the laudau's door. "Masterful wightwork. Look, their ears are turning towards us. You'd think they were trying to listen to us."

Bisected picked up a pair of indented tiles and laid them upon the long table fixed between the couches, where other dominoes already lay in a five-branched pattern, obscuring the inlays. "Eh? What's the problem with their ears?"

"It's the attention to detail that matters if you're trying to have your minions pass among the living," Mangosta interjected. "I wouldn't expect you to care."

"And why would that matter now, in here?" replied Bisected, and as Rabbit craned her neck towards the lessening circle of night sky, then examined the distance they had yet to descend, some of the carved bones moved themselves opposite more favorable numbers. Bisected hollowed out a dip in the pile of onyx beads on his side of the table.

She focused again on the game as the platform swayed, dropping several of her beads into Bisected's pile with ill grace. "'In' here. Didn't we all know Yezmina's Tower was only the entryway? There's always bodies enough on the sky platform, trappings and all. Why would Yezmina invite us in now?"

"You worry about heights?" Mangosta stretched himself, pointed his fingertips and boot tips out into empty air.

"I 'worry' about companions who look at me and think 'soon-to-be components'. I worry more about companions who think they'll get those components quicker by kicking me to the bottom of the well!"

Mangosta again smiled and pillowed the back of his head on his hands. Recaiden reached out and twitched a rein, glaring, but then turned that glare on the horses instead. "Well-shielded wights. They were supposed to bare their teeth at you. Wights are independent enough to be enslaved again--but these weren't. Yezmina's control--"

"--Professor, did I ask?"

Conversation died away. Rabbit laid a fingertip upon two dominoes, and they slithered out from beneath her hand, across the coffin lid. Bisected paid out double beads for Rabbit's move crossing the name plate, gestured at the draw pile, and the noise of moving tiles echoed around the horses which would not breathe and the platform that failed to creak.

Silverraptor
2010-06-05, 05:23 PM
So want do we write about, real people or our fictional counterparts, normal everyday situations or something different?

What we do here is we write fictional stories using fellow playgrounders as the characters. What type of story depends on what you want to make it as.:smallwink:

xelliea
2010-06-05, 05:34 PM
What we do here is we write fictional stories using fellow playgrounders as the characters. What type of story depends on what you want to make it as.:smallwink:

I know but do we use the real modern day people or do we use thier fictional counterparts (D&D style)

Silverraptor
2010-06-05, 05:37 PM
I know but do we use the real modern day people or do we use thier fictional counterparts (D&D style)

I don't know what your asking.:smallconfused: Pretty much, invent a story of any time and any place using the names of fellow playgrounders. Slap a character personality to them and turn it into a story and post it here. Boom! Instant profit.

xelliea
2010-06-05, 05:40 PM
I don't know what your asking.:smallconfused: Pretty much, invent a story of any time and any place using the names of fellow playgrounders. Slap a character personality to them and turn it into a story and post it here. Boom! Instant profit.

Okay i get it sorry i did not understand at first.
but if we use other people how do we know thier personality.

Silverraptor
2010-06-05, 05:52 PM
okay i get it sorry i did not understand at first.

Not a problem.:smallsmile:

Now start writing!:smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-06-05, 06:20 PM
Okay i get it sorry i did not understand at first.
but if we use other people how do we know thier personality.

A few things you could do...

1: Base their personalities on the way they act on the playground. May be harder for newer posters.

2: Sit and wait until some stories are posted, and glean their personalities from that.

3: Ask! Most of us who allow people to write stories about us are pretty open and willing to let you ask any questions you'd like about our "character".

xelliea
2010-06-05, 06:45 PM
Here is part one of my story with CoffeeIncluded.

The Ruins she was living in were not the best place to stay but Coffee knew they were the best she could find. She was using the light from the flashlight on her pistol to read a book, the book detailed the pre-war world and how it had been before the bombs, however as she sat there Coffee heard a snap of a twig from the outside of the ruins. She quickly looked up, as much as she hated killing these mutated animals she found comfort in the idea that they were only mindless monsters now, but as she loaded her pistol and walked towards the area the noise came for she felt very alone.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-05, 07:16 PM
Hmm, not bad. If you could put in some line breaks, maybe some more commas...

ZOMG I HAVE A FIC IDEA

Blue Ghost
2010-06-05, 09:39 PM
Okay, I've drafted a prologue for my account of the D War, which I'm hoping to begin after I come back from Canadia.

It is a beautiful day today in the Playground. The brilliant summer sun is shining overhead, bathing the land in its radiance. As I walk down the streets, I am greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of the Playground. Bards singing ballads of valor and love, young wizards showing off their magical inventions, friends and companions sharing in the laughter and joy of this magical place that I call home. When I behold the love and harmony of the Playground, it is difficult to believe that but a year ago, the Playground was ravaged by the shadow of strife and war.

I am a wizard and not a bard, and my weak and halting words cannot hope to describe the momentous days of what we now know as the D War. It was a time of sorrow and fear, when the darkest evil threatened the Playground from without and within. The days of the war brought out the worst in all of us.

But I believe that every cloud has a silver lining, that there is meaning to be found in the deepest chaos. The struggle has been a crucible for the molding of my soul, and out of the conflict friendships were forged that have stood the test of time.

Thus, with trepidation and great hope, I, Blue Ghost, take up pen and scroll to tell the story of the great War, that the redemption of those dark days will be complete.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-05, 09:41 PM
Whoooah that's awesome!
What's the D War?

♥♥♥
I say Canadia.
(Glomps)
(Tries to seduce)
(Again)

Blue Ghost
2010-06-05, 09:44 PM
For those of you who don't know, the D War was an event that occurred in SMBG a year ago, involving our resident Elder Evil attempting again to engulf the world in chaos. Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111966) is the thread (don't post there though, it's over a year old).

Nameless
2010-06-06, 04:47 AM
ZOMG I HAVE A FIC IDEA

And so it begins. As her ideas begin to formulate inside her mind we could only hope that no one will be hurt. The question remains however... Will it unfold tediously to an inevitable ending, or will blossom into something new and exiting? I predict the latter.

xelliea
2010-06-06, 06:23 AM
Hmm, not bad. If you could put in some line breaks, maybe some more commas...

ZOMG I HAVE A FIC IDEA

I did do this at half past midnight, so I am sorry about the layout.

I will write the whole first chapter when I have time.

Quincunx
2010-06-06, 09:26 AM
Now Nameless, Lix Lorn's casting call is in public, in another part of the forum, and it's a casting call for a good premise. Yes it needs a plot still, but that's what the story itself is for, no? Blue Ghost writes a fine prologue, and somehow makes it through an entire prologue without being interrupted--what is your secret? xelliea, yes please to more punctuation. . .well, not exactly that, different punctuation than what you have. The sentences are there and complete without changing a word, but the pauses between them (the punctuation used) aren't dividing them well. All the same, it's another good premise and one which makes me want to know how the story continues.

Yezmina's Tower 2 - Recaiden, Mangosta, Bisected8, RabbitHoleLost

Mangosta gathered himself, sitting bolt upright. "Halt the horses, I'm getting out."

"I told you, they're too well-shielded. I can't slow them. If I could, I would have," Now that they'd left the well and accelerated on the downwards slope, Recaiden was the one eyeing the sinew-wrapped pillars and phosphorescent alcoves, counting the hoofbeats against his pulse, coming up with numbers he didn't like.

"Fine." Mangosta grabbed the side of the landau with both hands, lifted himself, and vaulted over and out, rolling to break the impact. Bisected didn't even have time to dodge out of the way of his feet, but tried to anyway; he went backwards as the horses stopped upon the instant, flinging RabbitHoleLost and Recaiden forwards, scattering dominoes and beads onto the floor. Only Bisected saw which alcove Mangosta sprinted into, but the others followed only a few steps behind him.

Those two didn't want to stop at the entrance. They, like Mangosta, had eyes only for the Mobius-strip of parchment unreeling itself in midair, a knot clotting the room from ceiling to ankle level with only a finger's width of clearance from the walls. Bisected instead studied those walls and the shifting shadows from thousands of soft protrusions, all glowing like the abdomens of caged fireflies. Abdomens. How appropriate.

"I've heard of this," Rabbit whispered. "Her Sevens. No, that wasn't quite it. . ."

"Jenny's Sevenpipes," echoed Recaiden. "Her, and the seven other suitors, and the families they all took afterwards. . ."

"It's the door, you fools! Who cares what it was, now that it's been used to block the way to something better?" Mangosta flicked open a black-hilted knife and probed into various gaps in the knot, pulling it back whenever the strip reeled too close to the blade and peeled off spiraling parchment threads.

". . .but I'd always thought that, 'pipes', that meant it was their bones carved into pan-pipes, maybe as keys on a pipe organ--"

"--Organ? You want an organ," broke in Bisected, "we're trying to break into a small intestine, that's an organ."

Rabbit and Recaiden turned their heads at that non-sequitur. "What?" they asked, together. "Why?"

"I don't know why. Maybe it's here to digest the material."

Rabbit groaned. Recaiden reached to clap his hand over Bisected's mouth, but checked himself when a ring on that upraised hand glittered in the gloom, and instead gestured with fingers and thumb bent into a circle, that circle thrust at the knot. "Manifest!"

The wraiths appeared all at once, half-submerged in the coils of parchment: Jenny and her suitors, bent old mothers, squirming babies, even the dogs and donkeys of their households, all speaking severally out of their gashed and emptied throats. "He Is Correct. While We Hunger The Chamber Digests. When It Has Digested All The Knowledge Of Us, Will We Still Exist?

"Yet Knowledge Does Not Sate Our Hunger. A Necromancer Would. Are You A Necromancer, Caller Of Wraiths?"

xelliea
2010-06-06, 10:29 AM
Well here is chapter one of my story with CoffeeIncluded and Quincunx (Minta).

Prey of the Night chapter 1.

The Ruins she was living in were not the best place to stay but Coffee knew they were the best she could find, her long brown hair and once smooth skin was covered in mutant blood, her metal suit was rusty and she knew she had to find a safe place to stay soon. Using the light from the flashlight on her pistol to read a book she kept watch for movement, the book detailed the pre-war world and how it had been before the bombs. As she sat there Coffee heard a snap of a twig from the outside of the ruins. She quickly looked up and was sure it was a wolf, as much as she hated killing these mutated animals she found comfort in the idea that they were only mindless monsters now, however as she loaded her pistol and walked towards the area the noise came form she felt very alone.

Coffee had grown up in a small farmyard where the fields were green and the air was clean. She had lived there most of her life until a few years ago, when the bomb destroyed most of the world in nuclear fire. Since then she spent most of her time looking for water, food and shelter that were so rare in this era.

Coffee moved towards the shadow on the outside of the ruins. She quickly shone light on the figure and soon learned that this was not a monster but a human, a small girl with long untidy black hair who seemed to be covered in bits of plates, pots, pans and other bits of metal that formed a protective suit. The girl was also unarmed except for a small knife, but despite the situation she looked happy.

"Hi, my name is Minta" she said excitedly "your not a monster, but you do have a gun, guns are fun and can kill the nasty monsters." Coffee lowered her gun, looked at the girl and angrily said "Guns are not fun, life is not fun and you should be more careful."As she spoke there was a long growl from above as a large creature jumped down from a broken wall and nearly landed on Minta. Coffee grabed her, pulled her into the ruins, raised the pistol and fired.

I hope you liked it and if there are any artists here could you make a banner for this story, that would be great (the content of the banner is up to you).

P.S. My Punctuation isn't my best point so please don't complain.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-06, 11:39 AM
And so it begins. As her ideas begin to formulate inside her mind we could only hope that no one will be hurt. The question remains however... Will it unfold tediously to an inevitable ending, or will blossom into something new and exiting?
He don't know me very well, do he?

Nameless
2010-06-06, 11:46 AM

Oh.
I see what you did there. e_e

*climbs on* Now start writing... writing monkey!

>.>

CurlyKitGirl
2010-06-06, 12:26 PM
Yo! Guess who's back. Me.
And with a crazy-face story too.

Bath, Maggie
A Short Discussion on Plumbing
The Gossip-Mobile was breaking laws all over the land today as rumours spread of a deliciously giggly piece of drunkenness. It's a good thing that radios were installed in AMEN.

"No, in your endo."
A pause.
" . . . What are you, four?"
"I'll have you know that I'm at least five years old. It's your fault for being a mean silly poopy-head."
A longer pause.
A glass slides across a table, squeaking lightly.
"It's not poisoned. It's not an experimental concoction designed to push people off the cliff into insanity without a parachute.
"It's not even alcohol.
"Just lemonade."
Someone hiccups.
"Ah, Maggie my boss, it's gooooooood lemonade. Made with real oranges!"
There is a sound of skin hitting metal. The general consensus of all who hear this recording is that Lord Magtok is doing a facepalm. "I just. What? I don't even know any more."
"Ah, 'at's okay We baths always get drunk on the good stuff. And what's gooder than lemonade made with oranges, apples and strawberries.
"Tastes just like lemonade too."
A chair scrapes back away from the table and there is a rustle of clothing as Lord Magtok stands up.
"Everyone's insane. Why am I not dead? I should have died twice over by now. You're insane. Everyone's insane. Why am I still sane?
"Why does lemonade taste like strawberries?!
"Why - is it your plumbing or something?"
"Now now, I switched from animated bathroom utilities to a proper anthropopopopopopopo . . . morfffffffphic . . . form years ago.
"I have very little plumbing left."
A long pause.
"Aside from the usual human stuff of course." Another glass slides across the table - a wooden table - and liquid gurgles and glugs into a glass. "And just because we hooked the taste buds up wrong dun't mean my plumbings gone bad."
"'We'? 'We' who?"
"I 'unno. Some guy I guess. Gave him a pie afterwards."
A pause.
Lord Magtok performs a headdesk. Repeatedly. "I need a drink. Give me that lemonade."
[We skip forward half an hour]
"And so, ssssslossshhhhhhinesssss issss goo' f'r'a'soul. But we dun' have no soul.
"Y-y-y-you, you got your plumbing tickling you all inside and stuff.
"And me, I got all my wires playing cat's cradle with my bits and bods. Bobs.
Bob." Lord Magtok giggles. [/color=darkgray]"I 'member Bob. He wasssa great person. Could count all up to seven without taking 'is shoes an' socks off. And he was a she!"[/color]
More hysterical drunken laughter. Someone falls off his chair.
"Y'know wha' secret 'gredient for lem'nade iz?
"'s'better 'an Bob!
"'s'alcohol! Lots an' lots'alcohol anoranges an'nanananananas. Bu' mainly alco - alky - boooooze."
Hiccups.
"Knew it.
"I knew it.
"You love me so much, gi'ng me all this stuff. So nummy. Can't love you'nough man.
"Luv u thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!"
"You're 'mazing Maggie. Know I luvs u. U iz so awesum."

Ah, isn't it great what doctored lemonade, a few spy cameras and radios and a cruel love of taking things out of context can do?
I heard that Maggie's blushing so hard he looks like he's severely sunburnt, and noone's seen Bath in days.
Being a tabloid journalist is fun.
Well, see you next week for more gits and siggles.
Curly out.

Ah. Crackiness. I love you so.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-06, 12:57 PM
And we love you. <3

xelliea
2010-06-06, 01:39 PM
Will there be a collection of all the storys in the OP?

Silverraptor
2010-06-06, 01:42 PM
Will there be a collection of all the storys in the OP?

I think eventually there will be an archive thread.

D_Lord
2010-06-06, 03:47 PM
Blue that may just be the start but it is Awsome!:biggrin:

Thufir
2010-06-06, 06:17 PM
And here I was thinking I was unlikely ever to set foot in Arts & Crafts ever again...
A fair number of my ships kind of skipped over the romantic aspect anyway, or left it out entirely, in favour of random insanity.

Felyndiira
2010-06-06, 07:56 PM
A short fanfic introduction involving CoffeeIncluded and her story, Murphy's Law, with some very, very liberal interpretations of personality and cellular activity state. Writing this has made me realized how much my writing ability has degraded in the past 2.5 years of not writing anything =x.

The story was adapted from one of my early storyline ideas. Basically, a mad but famous writer dies, and someone close to him (originally younger sister) finds his final and incomplete story, filled with the writer's emotions and a emotional (symbolic) journey through the author's mind throughout his life. As a final act of familial love, she dedicates herself to understanding his mindset and thus finishing his final story.

The Biography and Curse of a Artist ~ Prologue ~
Her name was Coffee; a mad writer, and one of the greatest of our time.

Me? I’m simply a friend – a nameless one, one of many who had come and gone during the writing of her greatest masterpiece, and perhaps not even worthy of the title bestowed upon me. I was simply in the right place at the right time – an observer to her last years as an assistant rushing to and from with a bloated stack of papers in hand. Those days were her most reclusive and most painful, when the world believed her to be insane.

I was an observer, luckily, during her last days as a comic writer. Is it proper to use the word “lucky” to refer to friend’s death? I wouldn’t know – being the poor friend that I had turned out, unable to be by her side as she completed her last line of her masterpiece. That day was the finest in ten years of our little town’s history; passing by her lonely abode, I became the witness to a lone child sneaking a peek in the middle of a hide-and-seek game; I perceived a pair of swans as they were stuck – in one shot – by a hunter in a white cap, and was delayed by the passing of a deer and her young. That day, the town shone as if from a Lucy M. Montgomery’s paradise, but it was all an insubstantial passing for the young author. Her story was her life, and nothing was to come in-between them.

And when the story ended, so did her life.

The coroners did not understand it – the curse that had consumed the young girl’s life; they had pronounced her death to be a result of exhaustion and stress, having exhausted all other potential causes, and buried her silently in her familial graveyard somewhere in the gray jungles of New York. A small agglomeration of her former fans had visited her burial; a few bringing flowers, ferns, and other thoughtless memorabilia. None of them would allow enough time in their supposedly busy lives to return for a second time.

Following her death, her last story was published by the White Eagle Society. Perhaps against her wishes (and against mine, I’m sure), the publishers decided that the book, simply entitled Murphy’s Law, would become a limited-edition masterpiece to honor the passing of its author. The world scrambled at the chance to possess the final piece of the legendary literary genius; amidst them rose accolades for the story’s humor – its funny, engrossing characters; its romance; and its excellent artwork. How many of these so-called critics, I wonder, could understand the torment that she had suffered from the story; how it wrangled every part of her soul towards its perfect conception? How many of them understood the layers of passion and self-destruction that lay behind its bright-lighted themes? Regardless, the company acquiesced to the fans’ pressure, and the book sold ten billion copies worldwide, easily eclipsing A Tale of Two Cities or even The Little Red Book.

Coffee was not always this way, I assure you. There was a time when she would appear in public circles: when she would laugh and exchange ideas with her fellow scholars and writers and appear on public stage to address her adoring fans. She was a bright and enthusiastic youth, if we are to believe the press as a scholar of her lifestyle, optimistic about her future and about the romantic novels that she would gift to her audience. Murphy’s Law came to her perhaps as both a blessing and a curse. It was an idea that came to her via no less than divine prophecy, and it had driver her – slowly, but surely – into an inescapable and self-destructive reality.

There are those who say that she had, albeit slowly, become insane as soon as she picked up the pen and pointed it toward the literary world. Expert psychologists with fat paychecks theorized that her own creativity was like a doorway into the abyss of one’s soul; that in unlocking her talents she had created words of such power that they would not leave her alone. “It’s like a blessing when they’re first achieved,” they would explain, “her first ideas were creative beyond what any other author is capable. It’s like a muse that begs itself to be expressed – only, she has too many of them and inadequate time for their fullest expression. The ideas must have felt like tigers clawing their way towards her mind; until they are written, they denied her the ability to think and the ability to enjoy life until slowly, the artist was no more than a slave to her own ideas – and eventually, an empty shell.”

What a heartless way to address the recently fallen.

It’s certainly odd, though. I step, now, into the now empty abode – which was passed to me when it became apparent that she had no heir – and the only memories I could recall were ones of her madness. “Janine! JANINE! No, this is not good enough; do I not understand her perfection enough to tribute my own character?” she would often scream, tearing away at some invisible silhouette of an adversarial figure as if struggling for her own life. As she drew, she would laugh, or cry, or screech an inhuman howl – sometimes alternating between the three – and I would suddenly be accused, amidst cries and tears, of some heart-trotting murder of which I could not comprehend. “You bastard, how dare you kill her? You bastard. You traitor, you…”

A scatter of manuscripts lay on the bed, disheveled; in a few years they would become relics of considerable worth, I’m certain, although I would be an exceptionally poor friend to sell them. Instead, a spark of curiosity overcame me as I picked up the first page. “Murphy’s Law – Chapter 1,” it read – Coffee’s final work, her record-breaking bestseller, and the apex of her maddening genius. Somewhere in this novel lay the key towards her destructive insanity, and I – a poor friend in both life and death – was not worthy of its contents.

Nevertheless, I was the only one who – even if only by chance – was by her side until the end. I was the only one that could write her story, I reasoned, because I was the only one that know her. I was the only one present when she sobbed to the translucent shapes of her inner mind; I was the one that listened as she screamed of the injustice of Lloyd and the destruction of Waldo’s innocent mind, and I was – as I reasoned – the only one who could truly – accurately – write her life’s final story.

I opened the book; the original, unedited; without any idea of the darkness that I was about to enter.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-06, 08:05 PM
...wow. :smalleek:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-06-06, 09:38 PM
Wow. I really like that one. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Don't worry, I won't go crazy and kill myself writing Murphy's Law! :smallbiggrin: College will do that instead... :smalleek:

Silverraptor
2010-06-07, 12:23 AM
Wow, Felyndiira...

That was really well written. Very symbolic and masterfully described. The only thing it was missing was me from the story. (Just kidding.:smalltongue: You did fine.)

Quincunx
2010-06-07, 04:25 AM
xelliea, I am pleased, especially with the gnomie protective suit (and don't worry about the punctuation, Minta's never come to a full stop in her life :smallwink: ). CurlyKitGirl, the News of the World called, they're offering to buy your story. Felyndiira, another fine prologue, and very good control of the dash mark--I do believe that given dashes of varying lengths, you'd pick the right one for the right occasion every time.

Yezmina's Tower 3 - Recaiden, Mangosta, Bisected8, RabbitHoleLost

No one was happy, least of all the necromancers with one another.

"Stop pulling at it!" Rabbit snapped, slapping away the claws of wraiths, which flew back beyond the human range of motion, as though they hadn't expected an attack they would need to brace themeselves against. "Don't rip the writings! I don't want to have to mend them later!"

"Share it! I wasn't permitted to bring my minions either!" Bisected grasped one of the coils with both hands, hauled out the loop of parchment, skimmed the writings between his hands, then muttered, "This part of it was a grandfather," and threw the loop over the head of a balding wraith. Its claws flew to its neck as the skin-parchment reattached to him, and was still trying to tear the loop away as the knot reeled the wraith back into its prison.

In between sweeps and slashes, Mangosta spared the time to whack Recaiden in the head with the pommel of his knife. " 'I'm not the necromancer'. What were you thinking?"

"The truth will set you free! . . .sometimes. It's worked before. If you show some respect--ow!"

"I didn't use the blade, not even the flat of it." Mangosta cut another half-circle around the pair, and four wraiths were stilled as the blade passed through their bodies. "Professor," he muttered, as Recaiden reached out for the unmoving quartet, "you figured out yet why we can't just kill them?"

"No," said Recaiden, yet he passed his flat hand in front of their eyes three times each, and the glow from within dimmed. Meanwhile Mangosta defended his outstretched wrist and both their backs, sweeping to herd the wraiths back towards Jenny's Sevenpipes and into another of Bisected's snares. Rabbit's unarmed swipes were less graceful but more effective, especially as she experimented with grasping the wraiths' wrists and pulling them off-balance and stumbling, arms out to block the fall like corporeal humans--and ensnaring themselves in parchment.

Slowly the seven households dissipated and the necromancers, no longer outnumbered, chose to play. Mangosta set one aflame from within despite the lack of effect on the wraith, then dueled it into the knot and watched for consequences of the spreading spell; RabbitHoleLost followed his lead with a poison designed to rot skin away from its flesh. Recaiden brought a child-wraith to bay, then fenced it in with mesmeric passes from both hands, gesturing outwards from its face, trying to draw out words. Bisected frowned, for his favorite toy was not so useful against wraiths, but then grinned with an idea, and the villi all along the walls shivered and folded themselves against the membranes like frightened mice. Without those thousands of shadows from the protrusions, the ambient light seemed to double and to solidify the child-wraith.

"Yezmina Shares Your Amusement."

The child-wraith spoke, but not for itself, for this voice proceeded from its mouth.

"Yezmina Offers A Choice." Jenny's Sevenpipes ceased its reels in mid-air and arced towards the side of the corridor, coiling itself into seven neat scroll-like piles all interconnected, yet still slithering against itself. "Yezmina Will Offer The Parchment Yet Revoke The Invitation. Proceed Or Retreat. Yezmina Considers It Rude To Speak While Others Read."

Silverraptor
2010-06-07, 11:20 AM
I've added Curly's rules to both the permission thread and the stories thread. I've also added a little slip note on what I believe to be the limit to romance. Please read whenever you have a chance.

xelliea
2010-06-07, 12:56 PM
Heres the next chapter of

Prey of the Night

Chapter 2.

The mutant fell to the floor after three bullets hit it's huge head, but to Coffee's surprise the shots didn't come from her but Minta, she seemed to have been hiding a well used revolver, while not as efective as Coffee's M9, it sure could take down a mutant and for this Coffee was greatful.

"Where did you get a gun?" said Coffee with a slight annoyance in her voice as she holstered her pistol "and why did you hide it?"
"I found it in a nice box, it's fun and I don't want you to take it away." Minta exclaimed happily as she looked at the dead mutant.
Coffee sighed, thought for a while and explained to Minta that the area wasn't safe now and that they would now have to move to a safer place.

Coffee and Minta started to gather up the small scraps of food that remained, then Coffee saw a few mutants watching them, just watching them, this scared her and it confirmed her thought that they had to leave. After they had packed everything they kept an eye on the mutants, left the ruins and they were on the move again.

The collection of these posts are near the OP.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-07, 01:39 PM
Xavez sad. Xavez not in any stories yet.:frown: AND XAVEZ WILL EAT YOUR KIDNEYS IF HE IS NOT IN A STORY.
-Xavez

Saint Nil
2010-06-07, 01:53 PM
Okay, I've drafted a prologue for my account of the D War, which I'm hoping to begin after I come back from Canadia.

It is a beautiful day today in the Playground. The brilliant summer sun is shining overhead, bathing the land in its radiance. As I walk down the streets, I am greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of the Playground. Bards singing ballads of valor and love, young wizards showing off their magical inventions, friends and companions sharing in the laughter and joy of this magical place that I call home. When I behold the love and harmony of the Playground, it is difficult to believe that but a year ago, the Playground was ravaged by the shadow of strife and war.

I am a wizard and not a bard, and my weak and halting words cannot hope to describe the momentous days of what we now know as the D War. It was a time of sorrow and fear, when the darkest evil threatened the Playground from without and within. The days of the war brought out the worst in all of us.

But I believe that every cloud has a silver lining, that there is meaning to be found in the deepest chaos. The struggle has been a crucible for the molding of my soul, and out of the conflict friendships were forged that have stood the test of time.

Thus, with trepidation and great hope, I, Blue Ghost, take up pen and scroll to tell the story of the great War, that the redemption of those dark days will be complete.

Cool idea Blue. Will you use the clones for the D Wars, or will that be a very different story entirely?

licoot
2010-06-07, 01:53 PM
Xavez sad. Xavez not in any stories yet.:frown: AND XAVEZ WILL EAT YOUR KIDNEYS IF HE IS NOT IN A STORY.
-Xavez

why is it always the kidneys, the pancreas feels left out, and the bladders just depressed:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-07, 01:58 PM

No. But I do.*hopes that Lix remembers our conversation on evil*
-Xavez
Edit:

why is it always the kidneys, the pancreas feels left out, and the bladders just depressed:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

I can eat those too if you like.:biggrin:

DOUBLEEDIT: If you want to know my personality, I'm a combination of Quincunx's Mangosta and CurlyKitGirl's Magtok, with a bit more Mangosta.

Nameless
2010-06-07, 02:24 PM
Nameless likes stories.
moar pl0x.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-07, 03:50 PM
No. But I do.*hopes that Lix remembers our conversation on evil*
Wasn't I being your assistant?

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-07, 05:47 PM
Wasn't I being your assistant?

Still are. More power, Igor! More power!

But anyways, all of the stories so far are great. Especially Quincunx's.
-Xavez

Lix Lorn
2010-06-07, 06:28 PM
(moar power)
If you call me Igor, I will usurp you and eat your heart. Possibly in that order.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-06-07, 08:52 PM
It's interesting, but could be more interesting.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-08, 12:36 AM
Oh! I just got an idea for a story!
However, I need it to be less late at night to write it. If I haven't started finished it by tomorrow, someone please slap me, 'kay?

Unfortunately, I'm a character of my own story, and I hate it when I do that. Writing about myself is so...weird.

Silverraptor
2010-06-08, 02:33 AM
Oh! I just got an idea for a story!
However, I need it to be less late at night to write it. If I haven't started finished it by tomorrow, someone please slap me, 'kay?

Unfortunately, I'm a character of my own story, and I hate it when I do that. Writing about myself is so...weird.

Whenever I write about myself, somehow I turn into the main character and become all invincible and stuff...>.>

Lord Raziere
2010-06-08, 02:43 AM
Whenever I write about myself, somehow I turn into the main character and become all invincible and stuff...>.>

gee, I wonder why :smallbiggrin:

anyways I'm thinking of writing a one-shot of myself to get a feel for this, as well as allow people to have an example of my personality they can look to in case they want to write about me. but I'm still new, I'm not well known so I don't expect any stories about me any time soon. :smallcool:

Jokasti
2010-06-08, 02:50 AM
Dibs on spleens.

Quincunx
2010-06-08, 06:11 AM
No dibsing when I haven't got control of Minta herself to call dibs!

Yezmina's Tower 4 - Recaiden, Mangosta, Bisected8, RabbitHoleLost

"Couldn't resist the invite from a mysterious stranger, could you?"

"I try not to. It's never fun." RabbitHoleLost cupped her hands to receive more dominoes as the others picked them up from the crevices of their conveyance. As soon as they had re-entered the landau, the wights began to canter, spilling what few game pieces hadn't fallen during the halt.

Recaiden bobbed up from under the front couch and looked a question at Rabbit. She pointed one index finger at each pile of counters: the carved bones stacked in their grooves at either end of the lid, the onyx rhomboids spelling out 'TAKE WHEN WE GO'. He rummaged under the couch again and grasped a half-handful of beads, enough to spell out 'OK ?'.

From the rear couch, Bisected brought up dominoes, which he handed to Rabbit with "Found some more", and beads for Mangosta. Mangosta scattered Rabbit's and Recaiden's messages and, grinning again, wrote one of his own: 'WHY CHOOSE'. Recaiden reached in after all had looked at that and amended the second word to 'WHY SPEAK SO', adding aloud "Have we got time for another game?".

"We don't play against people who can't influence the bones. It's no fun," Rabbit flipped the answer at him, 'SHE HEARD US,' "so don't touch them!"

For several minutes they traveled in swift silence, Rabbit threading her winnings onto a set of sinews and Mangosta tallying the alcoves they passed and their contents. Bisected glanced ahead, then stripped off his jacket and flattened it over his and Rabbit's laps. "What--" she had time to say before the landau lunged onto the near-vertical slope; Recaiden and Mangosta were hurled onto the coffin lid, knocking Bisected's beads into the jacket.

"We're there, I think," he said, and swept the beads into an unzippered pocket.

The landau teetered at the peak, then the front wheels thudded onto level ground. This plain extended about half as wide as the eye could see, the ceiling held high by pillars, but the pillars themselves were each the lynchpin of a pile of harvested body parts. The horses pulled them clockwise around the perimeter as another coach-and-four plunged down the slope, two of the occupants shrieking with surprise and one with glee, and the silent lizardman saluting their own quartet with upraised claw and tail.

"Busy night," Recaiden muttered. He reached out and grabbed a two-handled clay jug from the right-hand side as the horses spiraled further into the cavern, uncorked it, rubbed a bit of the flowing green substance between his fingertips, corked it again and choked off the weapon-like tang, then replaced it as they once more passed the pile, this time leaning out to the left. "Potted insectile blood, that one. Probably ants' blood."

"That's two hours of insect-pressing time you've got smeared on your fingers, then," Bisected thought aloud, "and at least a week's worth in that jar."

"Yes." Recaiden hesitated before wiping his fingertips clean. "Much easier to use cow's blood for a generic component. That flows so freely you can more or less--"

The clunk-splash-glugging noise echoed out from the center of the cavern, followed by the low shriek of an ungreased axle. One slender curved rib rose from the horizontal, with a gut rope tied to the end, yet they could not yet see the base of the construction.

"--treat it as well water. . ."

Viera Champion
2010-06-08, 08:15 AM
Yay!! Give me a hug Silver!! My life is now back to it's completeness that it was when the Shipping thread was up!

Hmmmm...
I'll get right to work on a story.

Oh and sorry to be nitpicky people, but one of the problems with the shippig threads was that we got off topic a lot and most of the posts just ended up being random banter, so please try to keep unrelated posts to a minimum. Thank you!^_^

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 08:32 AM
Here's one of me.

Xavez swung his halberd, the sound of his heartbeat pounding in his ears.

Ba-Bump.

His strike met its target head on, sending the vrock into the air and spraying the demon's blood everywhere.

Ba-Bump.

Three of the demons charged, their eyes full of savage fury. The Darklord raised his blade to intercept their attack.

Ba-Bump.

Xavez swung and swung and swung, felling demon after demon, but he knew that they would eventually overpower him.

Ba-Bump.

He slowly moved back as the horrible things attempted to swarm him, killing him by force of numbers.

Ba-Bump.

He held his polearm horizontally, blocking the onslaught of claws and teeth from the ever-growing horde of demons.

Ba-Bump.

He forced them back long enough to take a breath, and realized that he had killed at least a hundred so far. But that wasn't good enough.

Ba-Bump.

He raised his halberd and threw himself into the horde, knowing that he would not survive.

Ba-Bump.

Ba-Bump.

Ba-Bump.

So, how is it? Comments are quite welcome.
-Xavez

Lix Lorn
2010-06-08, 09:01 AM
That's pretty good! Real atmospheric!

Viera Champion
2010-06-08, 09:16 AM
I'm gonna make a Mage Academy series. And yes I did totally steal the idea from Silver, and no it will not have the same plot.

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-08, 09:21 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This was even more short-lived than I had suspected it would be. I approved the opening of a stories thread, which would have fictional stories involving Playgrounders without any of the romance or sexual components of the former Shipping/CrackPairings threads. It was not intended (by me anyway) as a way of reopening a shipping thread.

The OP makes clear, "this is a shipping thread." Wow, no, it really shouldn't be, at least not in the manner the rest of the OP suggests. There's no "heavy" romance "non-heavy" romance distinction. The point was no romance/sex because we're done trying to help you (plural) draw that line in conformity with the Forum Rules. It's apparently not possible.

I tried to go through and fix some of the misunderstandings in the OP so that you could keep this thread, but they are too numerous and too fundamental, so I stopped at my last red change to the OP. You're trying to recreate something that is exactly what we've already locked.

I'm just going to nix this entire type of thread now. We just don't have the mod-power to keep coming back to this issue and trying to right the ship. If someone has a story about Playgrounders sufficient to give it its own thread, and that the poster is willing to be responsible for the content of, then that's fine. But we're not doing threads like this anymore.