PDA

View Full Version : Why is this still here?

Jokasti
2010-06-07, 10:43 PM
Just wondering...

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-07, 10:53 PM
Well, some people still post here, I guess.
You, in fact, just proved my theory.

MCerberus
2010-06-07, 10:55 PM
According to Roland (going to search around a bit) they are planning on getting rid of this forum in the nearish future.

edit- I think it was in the site issues forum bat has expired. Sorry I can't find anything, so take what preceded the edit as here-say. :smallfrown:

@V The legal one essentially meaning an unprovable rumor.

Jokasti
2010-06-07, 11:06 PM
Well, some people still post here, I guess.
You, in fact, just proved my theory.
So it's Schrodinger's forum? And if you change it to "some people still post here about Erfworld" well, that changes things. That's what this (http://www.erfworld.com/forum/)is for.

According to Roland (going to search around a bit) they are planning on getting rid of this forum in the nearish future.

edit- I think it was in the site issues forum bat has expired. Sorry I can't find anything, so take what preceded the edit as here-say. :smallfrown:
Heresy, or hear-say?

Killer Angel
2010-06-08, 07:02 AM

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150377&highlight=erfworld) is the last thread you were searching for. Older ones exist, with a post even from The Giant.
Apparently, after 2010, the sub-forum will be wiped away, and we'll post in the sub-forum "other webcomics", with a dedicated thread (there's one already, but now erfworld isn't updating, due to the end of the "issue one - meet the jetstones")

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 08:54 AM
I always wondered why this thing was still here. And because I don't want to waste a new thread asking: what does '@V' mean?
-Xavez

Exeson
2010-06-08, 09:12 AM
@ means 'at'

and imagine V, ^, < and > as arrows.

so '@V' means at the post/poster below. It is usually used when a post is edited and to reply to a comment by the poster below that is not substantial enough to warrant a whole new post.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 01:29 PM
@ means 'at'

and imagine V, ^, < and > as arrows.

so '@V' means at the post/poster below. It is usually used when a post is edited and to reply to a comment by the poster below that is not substantial enough to warrant a whole new post.

Thanks.
-Xavez

druid91
2010-06-12, 12:23 AM
It is here so people can have weird boring conversations about weird boring things under the guise of talking about Erf-world.

Eloi
2010-06-12, 12:25 AM
It is here so people can have weird boring conversations about weird boring things under the guise of talking about Erf-world.

Kind of like the main forums, substituting "Erfworld" with "OOTS and D&D".

druid91
2010-06-12, 12:50 AM
I guess, But the d&d one at least gets me thinking about how easily I could conquer the fictional d&d world if I tried.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-12, 10:28 AM
I remember back on a Warhammer forum I frequented years and years ago, there was a sub-board for discussing the Warhammer 40K CCG. It had about 3 posts regarding the card game, and a couple hundred of it being the unofficial and secret off-topic/random banter zone. Lasted for months before the mods noticed and shut it down.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-12, 04:49 PM
I remember back on a Warhammer forum I frequented years and years ago, there was a sub-board for discussing the Warhammer 40K CCG. It had about 3 posts regarding the card game, and a couple hundred of it being the unofficial and secret off-topic/random banter zone. Lasted for months before the mods noticed and shut it down.

That's cool. There needs to be something like that here...
-Xavez

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-12, 06:15 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: It's here because we haven't closed it yet.