PDA

View Full Version : Skimrish with improved skirmisth

mjknight
2010-06-08, 12:29 PM
My question is do they stack? I have a level 9 PC 3 Psi Warrior/6 Scout with Many Shot and Improved Skirmish. So if I was to move 20 feet and fire off four arrows would they be 1d8+4d6 and my ac would be at +3?

PId6
2010-06-08, 12:36 PM
Yes, Improved Skirmish adds to skirmish damage/AC if you move 20 ft or move. However, Manyshot only deals precision damage once unless you take Greater Manyshot.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-08, 12:36 PM
The answer's right on page 192 of Complete Scoundrel.
Benefit: If you move at least 20 feet away from where you were at the start of your turn, your skirmish damage increases by 2d6 and your competence bonus to AC from skirmish improves by 2.

mjknight
2010-06-08, 01:17 PM
Yes, Improved Skirmish adds to skirmish damage/AC if you move 20 ft or move. However, Manyshot only deals precision damage once unless you take Greater Manyshot.

Hmmmmm......So how to get Greater Many Shot. I took Dodge and Mobility so I could get out of combats easy but wondering if there is a better way to go. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to build a level 9 Changeling in Eberron to be a good archer?

Boci
2010-06-08, 01:19 PM
Dodge and mobility are considered pretty weak. Anklet of transloacation from MiC will allow you to get out of melee 2 times per day as a swift action provided your enemy's reach isn't too large. Or you could just tumble to avoid AoO.

mjknight
2010-06-08, 01:21 PM
Dodge and mobility are considered pretty weak. Anklet of transloacation from MiC will allow you to get out of melee 2 times per day as a swift action provided your enemy's reach isn't too large. Or you could just tumble to avoid AoO.

*smacks head* I didn't even think of that! My dm won't allow magic items from anything but the DMG to start. But Tumble is great! I can bump some points into it and that should work.

Boci
2010-06-08, 01:25 PM
*smacks head* I didn't even think of that! My dm won't allow magic items from anything but the DMG to start. But Tumble is great! I can bump some points into it and that should work.

If you aren't fixed on the Psi Warrior, ranger / scout swift hunter could be better. Here's the handbook:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=103.0

mjknight
2010-06-08, 01:32 PM
Thanks! I will dig into that. The reason I went Psi Warrior was the free feats, BAB and it worked with his background. But ranger does as well.

If you aren't fixed on the Psi Warrior, ranger / scout swift hunter could be better. Here's the handbook:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=103.0

Boci
2010-06-08, 01:39 PM
Thanks! I will dig into that. The reason I went Psi Warrior was the free feats, BAB and it worked with his background. But ranger does as well.

BAB for psi warrior and scout is the same unless you DM houseruled the former to full BAB. Feats are good, but the ranger gets 3 as well from their combat style plus track and edurance, and more if he gives up casting (although the handbook doesn't seem to think that is a good trade).