PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Knights of the Lady Revenant: Vampire Clerics

The Endbringer Xaraphim
2010-06-08, 04:26 PM
My friend and I are getting a D&D game going soon. My friend is playing a vampire cleric and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good prestige classes for a necromancer-type cleric. He's probably going to go with afflictions and such where my own vampire wizard will lean towards summoning/making undead with a little bit of sniping mixed in for fun.

Anyhow, all I really need to know is what prestige classes would be good for an affliction-ey undead cleric, and what source said class is from.

Oh, we're starting off at 11th level. Also, the vampires of this world aren't vulnerable to sunlight, but their fast healing doesn't repair damage that they take from silver.

AslanCross
2010-06-08, 05:40 PM
Off the top of my head, Master of Shrouds (summons shadows and wraiths) and True Necromancer. They're both in Libris Mortis.

I don't think there's any PrC that really leans toward spreading disease and such. (there's Cancer Mage, but I hear that's really broken). That said, True Necro does give a lot of bonuses and also gets Horrid Wilting and Energy Drain as spell-like abilities.

If your friend wants to focus more on the melee side of being a cleric, there's always Ordained Champion. This needs some help from the DM, though, as by RAW it's only for Heironeous/Hextor. (IMO it should work fine for any deity with a martial bent.)

Thurbane
2010-06-08, 09:37 PM
Cleric/Binder/Tenebrous Apostate/Knight of the Sacred Seal: refluff Tenebrous/Orcus to the relevant entities in your campaign world.

Maybe drop KoTSS unless you want to sacrifice casting for binder and martial ability...

(Binder, Tenebrous Apostate and KotSS can all be found in the pact magic section of ToM).