PDA

View Full Version : RSS feed question

KeiranHalcyon
2010-06-10, 02:45 AM
Site enhancement/suggestion: I don't suppose the news items could be added to the OOTS RSS feed? (Or, if that's not possible, to have an additional feed for the news items?)

KeiranHalcyon
2010-11-22, 03:01 PM
I frequently do not see the news posts until a week or more after they're posted, since I only actually go to the site when the RSS feed updates (currently, only with a comic). Consequently, I've missed out on deals in the past. Could the news posts either be added to the OOTS RSS feed, or else be given their own separate "Announcements" RSS feed?

FYI, I've posted on this issue before, but I don't think anyone actually saw it: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155621&highlight=feed

bluewind95
2010-11-24, 01:09 AM
I actually find this is a nice idea. Although I don't currently use the shop, I can tell how it's really useful. I don't always get to visit everyday and sometimes can even stop visiting for a long while. An RSS feed would provide the prompting needed to check on things of interest. And the news posts are definitely something of interest to many people, surely.

When I actually can use the shop, I know I'd love to have an option like that.

KeiranHalcyon
2010-11-29, 02:48 AM
Past OOTS Ornaments (2004-2009) Back for the Weekend

You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You could have easily sold at least 7 more ornaments if that announcement had been delivered to the RSS feed.

Elder Tsofu
2010-11-29, 08:18 AM
Well, if you're not bitter about the message being delivered by the homepage instead of the RSS feed he can still do it...
(it ends at midnight, monday)

Roland St. Jude
2010-11-29, 11:19 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good idea, but, as always, there may be technical or policy reasons not to do it. Rawhide will have to look into the technical issues and Rich will have to decide if this is something he'd like to do. And, if it's a green light from both of them, they'll have to decide where on the to-do list that fits.