PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Reconstruction



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Graybacca
2006-09-09, 05:29 PM
As you wish Master Nrook, after Master Nrook*closes the door, Bendak turns and starts to head to the hanger bay over his shoulder he says, You guy coming.

TheThan
2006-09-11, 02:09 AM
Sorry to do this. (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play;action=display;num=1157954844;s tart=0#0)

Cyrus112
2006-09-11, 08:34 AM
((Good luck to you sir. I'll think of something to do for your character in case you decide to come back or if you have the time to.))

Cyrus112
2006-09-11, 07:36 PM
As you are all walking down the hall, you hear someone call out behind you. *Coming up quickly is Master Nrook.

"My apologies. *That confrontation with Padawan Skywalker left me with my mind on other things. *There is supposed to be elaborate ceremony for this, but for now, we will keep this quiet."

He hands Bendak and Korr each a lightsaber.

"For the journey. *You may need them. All of the Masters have one, but we keep their existence a secret for the most part. And myself and Master Varee will need those back upon your return."

He bows and makes his way back to his room.

Graybacca
2006-09-12, 01:34 AM
After receiving the lightsaber Bendak says, thank you Master Nrook i will keep it safe. After Master Nrook heads back to his room, Bendak hangs the lightssaber on his belt, he then turns and continues to the hanger deck. Once on the hanger deck he heads to the shuttle to start the pre-flight lunch check.

Cyrus112
2006-09-12, 11:51 PM
((HOw about the rest of you?))

theevilsmurf88
2006-09-13, 01:32 AM
Zax is waiting for Bendak in the ship with it ready to go before any of them get there not really caring about the jedi or a lightsaber just caring about the money that he will be getting.

Graybacca
2006-09-13, 06:52 PM
Once the check list is done he makes shore all are aboard before sealing the hatch. siting in the pilots Cher Bendak brings the thruster on to standby, and hits the comm button, shuttle one to control requesting clearance to take off.

theevilsmurf88
2006-09-14, 01:23 AM
((Sorry guys but I am going to have to drop this game I am running a game callled the order and the council and i have about 4 new players coming into it so I have a lot on my plate right now we are at a fair point for me to stop with The Than and I pulling out I would suggest you do some recruiting.))

Cyrus112
2006-09-15, 12:01 AM
((Sigh, ah well. Whose up for waiting around while we do some recruiting? Or should we try and continue or should we just drop it?))

Graybacca
2006-09-15, 07:15 AM
(( I"M welling to waiting around while we do some recruiting))

Cyrus112
2006-09-15, 09:26 AM
((To the OC Board then. I can swing the campaign with just the two of you, if you don't mind it. If you want to wait, we can wait, however))

Graybacca
2006-09-15, 11:58 AM
(( we can continue to play, wile you recruit some new blood, we can do any thing you want, oh and have you heard any thing from Ryan))

Cyrus112
2006-09-15, 04:28 PM
((Which one is Ryan?))

Graybacca
2006-09-15, 08:19 PM
((Korr are wookee jedi))

Cyrus112
2006-09-15, 10:24 PM
((Are you still around Korr? If i don't hear anything, I'll pm him tomorrow))

Cyrus112
2006-09-17, 04:27 PM
((Waiting for a response from Korr in regards to my pm to him. I'd continue w/ this now it's just I don't know if he's still involved. I haven't heard anything on the ooc board for recruitment yet. I hope you can hold in there, Graybacca :-/))

Graybacca
2006-09-17, 06:01 PM
((same here i was in joying this game. the only other idea is i create and run a second character))

Cyrus112
2006-09-18, 07:08 PM
((Alright, it seems like we have picked up two more for this. So if you can hang in there and wait for them to make characters, we will pick up where we left off and continue on))

Graybacca
2006-09-18, 08:22 PM
(((OK)))

Cyrus112
2006-09-20, 09:16 AM
((Alright, we've only got one person for now, but I will leave recruitment open so others may join. If you are ok going in with just two people, we shall move on once he is done))

Graybacca
2006-09-20, 07:00 PM
(((I'm Good either way)))

Cyrus112
2006-09-21, 12:00 AM
((And so we have two more. Once they are ready to go, we shall move on. I'll keep the entire group together (including those who dropped) for now, but I'll have them leave in such a way where there will be room for them to return if they should ever get the time/inclination. So, again, just hang in there a little while longer and we'll be ready to go))

Cyrus112
2006-09-23, 10:48 PM
((Ok, here we go))

As everyone is getting ready for departure, a figure comes running towards the ship and the departing sequence is stopped. Over the intercom comes the voice of Admiral Niel.

"After some deliberation among me and the other leaders, we have decided to add to your group. If you would lower the ramp, we'll make introductions and you can get underway."

Graybacca
2006-09-23, 11:36 PM
Bandak Jast

After aborting the lunch sequence and placing the ship in to standby mode Bendak flips the switch that opens the hatch and lowers the Ramp, getting up from the pilots seat and heads to the boarding ramp.

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-24, 04:35 AM
Tien Vor

At the bottom of the ramp stood a Sullustan male. He was quite tall for one of his species, reaching nearly one point eight meters with enough weight to fill everything out but leaving him just a bit more in the way of lean or wiry in build. He was dressed in a relatively plain tan and gray flight suit adorned with a sewed on patch at the right shoulder depicting a hawkbat. His glossy black eyes were alight with excitement as he started straight up the ramp, running his hands along the ship's outer hull until he met Bendak at the top.

"So this is the ship I'll be flying? Looks like a sturdy old girl! Is that the lateral sensor cluster I see over to port? Or is that some sort of communications array? Oh, hey buddy!" The alien bustles past Bendak into the freighter, slapping him on the shoulder as he passes. As he walks out of sight you hear him continue to mutter to himself, punctuated every now and then by excited or disappointed exclamations about some ship system or another.

(( OOC: Let's get this show on the hyperspace route! ))

Graybacca
2006-09-24, 12:25 PM
Bendak a 6 foot tall human with pale skin and a trim build weighing 185.2 lb. he wares a combination of Jedi robes and his Gray and Black speckle Camouflage pattern Mando'a armour, a dark brown Utility belt with Holster and DL-44 resting in it and a lightsaber hanging off it. He has rugged features with a scar on the bridge of his nose with Pale skin and blue eyes and Sandy Brown hair. Bendak smiles and chuckles to himself, as he semi-shouts, Nice to meet you I'll see you in the cockpit.

Cyrus112
2006-09-24, 04:40 PM
((That may or may not be everyone. We up for moving along now or waiting til tomorrow afternoon for any stragglers?))

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-24, 09:29 PM
((I'm kind of itching to get started, but if it looks like we might be getting someone else we can have Bendak and Tien stall a little getting the ship ready.))

Graybacca
2006-09-24, 09:53 PM
((I'm good with what ever you want to do))

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-25, 01:25 AM
Tien Vor

By now Tien had made his way to the cockpit and had settled into the pilot's cushioned acceleration seat. *He ran his hands lovingly over the controls, checking the status of the engines and the navicomputer. *"Hey, big human! *Come here, I want to talk to you about something!" he yelled over his shoulder.

Graybacca
2006-09-25, 04:18 AM
Bendak was already on his way back to the cockpit when the Sullustan called, once Bendak enters the cockpit he say, although i chose to take big Human as a complement, for future reference my Name is Bendak Jast, so what is the question, as bendak now settle himself in to the co-pilots seat.

ybn1197
2006-09-25, 09:20 AM
((Sorry, I'm hardly ever online over the weekend. Thats time for my kids.))


Kadlo hustles over to the ramp of the starship, watching as the Sullustan and the Human move into the interior of the ship. I've fixed computers and hyperdrives when everyone else has given up on them, you'd think I could program a watch, he mutters to himself. Huffing and puffing, he finally reaches the ramp. I'm here, he wheezes, I'm here.

Cyrus112
2006-09-25, 09:28 AM
((Ah, well then, if we are moving along on the weekends, how would you like your char to be handled? Want me to NPC him? You could email me possible actions as well *shrug*))

ybn1197
2006-09-25, 10:55 AM
((Ah, well then, if we are moving along on the weekends, how would you like your char to be handled? *Want me to NPC him? *You could email me possible actions as well *shrug*))
((Based on the events of Friday, I could PM you possible actions and then let you NPC him over the weekend. I will try to check in as I can, but I work crazy hours during the week and with their own after school activities there's not alot of free time to spend with them; so I try to do as much with them on the weekend as possible.))

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-26, 02:28 AM
"Hey, I'd never insult an armed human. You guys get really scary when you're angry...especially the ones that carry...those..." the Sullustan looked suspiciously at Bendak's lightsaber and shivered. "Man, I've heard stories about Jedi and none of them were good. Is that what you are? You're not going to crawl around in my head are you?" the Sullustan raised his hands to his head and pressed down protectively, as if to physically keep Bendak from mind-probing him.

"Uh...anyway...I was going to ask how she handled. Have you flown her before?" he slowly brought his hands down to rest on the control panel.

Cyrus112
2006-09-26, 04:48 PM
((Well, I was going to move the story on, but character interaction is going on, and I'm a big proponent of that. So if you all want to carry on for a little while with the interaction, feel free to do so. If not, I'll move the story along.))

Bendak, you've never flowin in this freighter before, so you have little knowledge of it.

Graybacca
2006-09-26, 09:48 PM
You don't have to worry about me reading your mind, at the moment I'm what you'd call Force-challenged, But as to the ships handaling not a clue this woud be my first flight in her. says Bendak.

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-27, 02:24 AM
"First trip, too? Well, the old girl's not a virgin but I'll put her through her paces well enough. You may want to strap yourself...yourselves in, rather. Who are you?" Tien leaned around Bendak to spy the Duros that just arrived.

ybn1197
2006-09-27, 09:38 AM
Kadlo moves forward to the cockpit, dragging his pack behind him. "Kadlo Altorubb at your service," he says, while bowing slightly at the waist. "Pilot, navigator, but more specifically, Starship Engineer."

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-27, 11:03 AM
"Well, we've got a pilot," Tien says rather defensively, but quickly lets it go, "but the copilot's chair's yours if you can wrestle it away from the big, heavily armed human, Kadlo. *Welcome aboard the...er...does she even have a name? *Let me pull up her I.F.F. beacon settings." *Tien's hands danced across the controls, bringing up the information on the screen in front of him.

(( OOC: I heard "Forerunner" before. *Are we still going with that or can I make up a new name? ))

EDIT: Fixed the thing with the copilot's chair.

ybn1197
2006-09-27, 03:20 PM
"Thank you," Kadlo says as he plops himself down in the co-pilot's chair. Noting Tien's defensive attitude, Kadlo adds, "Of course, I'm only a passable pilot. Hyperdrives are my true calling. Knowing how to pilot the vessel only helps improve my understanding of how the engines react." At which point, he engages the engineering displays and checks the engines. "I don't recall the Admiral saying anything about anyone else joining us. I think its time to seal 'er up and be on our way."

Graybacca
2006-09-27, 04:38 PM
Bendak was already on his way back to the cockpit when the Sullustan called, once Bendak enters the cockpit he say, although i chose to take big Human as a complement, for future reference my Name is Bendak Jast, so what is the question, as bendak now settle himself in to the co-pilots seat.

(((ybn1197 you character Kadlo is going to have a hard time seating in the co-polits seat as bendak is already seated in it, and he's not a bad pilot himself with a pilot skill at 11 ))

Cyrus112
2006-09-27, 06:44 PM
((Ok, some points of clarification. *No one needs to be defensive *:P, unless it's all in *character, hehe. *Also, the Forerunner was the shuttle they were on before. *Right now, all you can find is the technical name for the ship, which is YT-1300 - DBC. *As for the current situation, work that out amongst yourselves, hehe. Of course, feel free to go back and edit posts as needed.))

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-28, 02:55 AM
Tien grinned when he saw the I.F.F. beacon's read. "As for some odd reason this ship hasn't been named yet, and as it is decidedly unlucky to fly a ship with no name, it is my extreme pleasure to welcome you both aboard the Aurora Sprite, my new friends." he announced.

Tien had picked one of the names that were bouncing about in his skull for when he finally got his own ship. If he was lucky, he'd be able to get out of this job with the hugely customizable YT-1300 Corellian light freighter at his fingertips. She was beautiful and he wanted her... In fact, he was already thinking about it as his ship, hence the use of the name he really liked. He ran his hands over the controls lovingly and began the startup routine.

Apparently, the ship had been cared for well enough, as the sublight engines spun to life with a powerful whine, warming up. He felt a low, pleasing vibration thrum through the floorboards and into his legs. "Kadlo's right. Someone seal that hatch while I cut in the repulsorlifts. I want to see what this old bird can do."

ybn1197
2006-09-28, 08:45 AM
(((ybn1197 you character Kadlo is going to have a hard time seating in the co-polits seat as bendak is already seated in it, and he's not a bad pilot himself with a pilot skill at 11 ))
((Uh, whoops. Missed that. In which case, Kadlo would have sat down in one of the reat seats.))

The vibration of the sublight engines brought a smile to Kadlo's face. Obviously, they were well-taken care of. At Tien's prompt, Kadlo will seal the hatches and make the ship ready for departure.

Graybacca
2006-09-28, 06:26 PM
Bendak Seating in co-pilot says, Nice name, personally i was thinking of Verda Tal and if you don't speak Mondo'a it means Warriors Blood, but Aurora Sprite works, now let log that in to the ships data banks, and then i think I'll pull up the Aurora's spics and see what type of offencive and defencive capability we have.


Computer Use (1d20+12=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=644496)

Cyrus112
2006-09-28, 09:01 PM
((For those who don't recognize the model number (I'm sure you all do), it is the same freighter type as the Milennium Falcon, but not nearly as customized. It has a basic shield system and a laser turret along with the forward guns))

Graybacca
2006-09-28, 09:57 PM
((( the foward gun is that the small drop down autoblaster,. like on the falcon. So looking at stats in the book we add a 30 point shield genarater and and an extra lasser, and standerd x2 hyperdrive right.)))

Cyrus112
2006-09-28, 10:35 PM
((Seems about right, yes))

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-29, 02:11 AM
The Aurora Sprite rose on a cushion of air as her repulsorlifts lifted her gently from the hangar floor and her landing struts retracted into the hull. *She then spun slowly on her y-axis to bring her nose to bear on the endless starfield beyond the hangar's magnetic field and drifted out into space. *A moment's pause and sublight engines flared to life, propelling the Aurora Sprite up and away. *Tien snapped her into a barrel roll as she soared away just to show off a little.

((OOC: To Coruscant!! *...Right?))

Cyrus112
2006-09-29, 08:06 AM
((Hehe, no. You'sa is headin for Dantooine (it's close by, too))

ybn1197
2006-09-29, 02:42 PM
Kadlo will maintain on eye on the engine displays. Being that this was the first time on board THIS ship, he wanted to familiarize himself with any idiosynchrosies the engines had.

Graybacca
2006-09-29, 06:11 PM
Aurora Sprite
Craft: Modified Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300
Class: Space Transport
Crew: 1-2 (Skilled +4)
Size: Small (26.7m long)
Initiative: +5 (+1 size, +4 crew)
Hyperdrive: x2 (backup x12)
Maneuvers: +5 (+1 size ,+0 Man/eng.,+4 crew)
Passengers: 6 * * * * * * * * *
Defense: 21 (+1 size,+10 armour)
Cargo Capacity: 100 metric ton
Shield Points: 30 (DR20)
Consumables: 2 Months * * *
Hull Points: 120 (DR20)
Cost: 122,0000 creits (new), 30,500(used)
Maximum Speed: Attack (8 squares/action)
Atmospheric Speed: 800 km/h (13 squares/action)

Weapon: Laser cannon (1); Fire Arc: Turret; Attack Bonus: +7 (+4 fire control,+1 size,+2 gunner); Damage: 4d10x2; Range: Short

Weapon: Blaster cannons (retractable); Fire Arc: Turret; Attack Bonus: +17 (+1 size, +2 crew, +8 fire control); Damage: 4d8; Range: Short; Range Increment: 40 Meters
[hr]

As Bendak review the ship specs he say, well she looks like a good ship, there's a few thing where going to need to change at some point, first we going to need parts to upgrade the engines to up air speed from 800 km/h to some thing more respectable. next should ether be the Hyperdrive or the weapons systems, because one ship to ship laser canon and a ground based blaster canon not going to be enough to defend ourselves from the empire. So what do you guys think.

ChronicLunacy
2006-09-29, 10:06 PM
Tien

"The stock sublights don't have any punch. If possible I'd like to throw them out and completely replace them." Tien said, leaning over a bit to glance at the screen in front of his copilot. "It'll be a few more moments before I get the coordinates from the navicomputer. You guys ever been to Dantooine before?"

Graybacca
2006-10-01, 06:16 PM
No, I've never been to Dantooine before. says Bendak

ybn1197
2006-10-02, 09:42 AM
"Me either," Kadlo replies. He begins to look over the ship's displays and notes a few things. "I agree we should upgrade the armament, but from my viewpoint, we should tend to the hyperdrive first. There is always bigger than you out there, and no amount of heavy weapons will get us out of every situation, so it is better to trust on the "escape" as it were. But at least we have shields."

Graybacca
2006-10-02, 09:31 PM
Well i agree that the hyperdrive well need to be updated but i still say that the Ion drive and the weapon system should be first priority, says Bendak, yes, at least we do have shields, witch we should probably also upgrade too.

Cyrus112
2006-10-03, 08:59 PM
((As I may have said before, I'm all about character interaction/development, so if you want to continue with this conversation for a bit be my guest. If you don't really have anything else to say, I'll just move this along))

Graybacca
2006-10-03, 09:49 PM
((well i say move on because i starting to run low on things to say))

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-03, 09:59 PM
((We'd probably just decide to fix/upgrade things if and when we can. I say on to Dantooine!))

Cyrus112
2006-10-03, 10:12 PM
((Very well))

Soon enough, the planet of Dantooine comes into view. As you begin your descent into the atmosphere....

((Pilot check))

:P

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-04, 12:52 AM
Tien brought the Aurora Sprite into an easy, controlled descent, almost floating the stock freighter into Dantooine's atmosphere. His hands were light and practiced on the controls, a smile on his Sullustan face, happy to be flying again.

((Pilot (1d20+18=37) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=656625) and I think a +5 from the ship's Maneuver score would make it 42 if we're including that.))

Cyrus112
2006-10-04, 08:02 AM
((Well hot DAMN son, 18 mod? Very cool. In any case))

As you descend, the ship rocks slightly. A little further along and the ship lurches violently and anyone not strapped into their seats will roll a reflex save or tumble from their seats. Ahead, far in the distance, you can see the ruins you were heading towards.

((System check anyone?))

ybn1197
2006-10-04, 08:36 AM
((To be honest, I said Kadlo took one of the back seats, but didn't mention anything about strapping in. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657528. Serves me right. Won't do that again.))

Cyrus112
2006-10-04, 09:18 AM
((You be the ship technician, yeah? So pick yourself up off of the floor and run some diagnostics :P))

ybn1197
2006-10-04, 09:50 AM
((I'm the engineer, not the safety coordinator ::) ))

Kadlo picks himself up off the floor and straps himself back into his seat before sheepishly looking at the other two. Once strapped in, he runs a full set of diagnostics on the ship to maked sure there is no damage.

Repair Skill Roll http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657698

Graybacca
2006-10-04, 12:41 PM
Bendak is jolted but manages to stay in his seat, hearing Kadlo tumble Bendak looks back and asks, You, OK back there?. Bendak then begins a computer diagnostics.




REFLEX: 1d20+4=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=658230)
Computer Use: (1d20+12=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=658297)

ybn1197
2006-10-04, 01:27 PM
"Aye, I'm all-right," Kadlo replies. "Nothing hurt but my pride."

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-04, 01:31 PM
"Huh." Tien says almost matter of factly as he tries to keep the ship steady. *"That was not supposed to happen. *Is there a malfunction?"

Cyrus112
2006-10-04, 01:47 PM
((Hmm I forgot to mention something. Right after the explosion, Tien finds it extremely difficult to keep control of the ship, and the ship isn't flying along so much right now as slowly drifting towards a forest))

Diagnostics show that somehow, something in the engine blew. You barely have enough energy to stay afloat, hence this sort of drift to the planets surface.

ybn1197
2006-10-04, 02:29 PM
"Well, here's where I earn my pay." Kaldo unbuckles himself and runs to the engine compartment access. He will quickly look over the displays and try to figure out what went wrong, and if possible, fix it from within the ship. If not, he will try to jury-rig something to keep the engines powered up.

Repair Skill Check: 1d20+15=32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=658479)

Graybacca
2006-10-04, 05:32 PM
While Kadlo try to see if he can fix the problems, Bendak attempts to reroute power from damaged and non-essential systems, using the Co-pilots console.



Computer Use: (1d20+12=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=658777)

(((OOC: oh and Cyrus112 check out the recruiting thread we've got another fish biting))

Cyrus112
2006-10-04, 09:11 PM
((Will do, thanks for the heads up. *I don't look at the ooc threads as often as I should))

Kadlo, the little reports you are getting (and from what you can tell by looking) there was some sort of explosion, but you can't pinpoint the source.

Between Kadlo and Bendak (and Tien's superb flying job), you can manage to rig something to get the ship safely down, but not to the location that is needed. *You will end up somewhere in the forest that you can see out the front of the ship.

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-04, 11:40 PM
"I hate trees...forests...vegetation...Give me durasteel and ferrocrete any day." Tien growled as he fought with the controls, using his prodigious piloting skill to end the bumpy ride without crashing. He found a clearing of suitable size and, sparing a glance to see how far they were from their planned destination, set the light freighter down with minimal jolting and shaking. He quickly closed down the main drives and set to secondary power, trying to keep any damage that might be there to a minimum by not compounding things.

"KADLO!!! Talk to me! Why doesn't my ship work?!"

Graybacca
2006-10-05, 12:00 AM
That was some great flying back there, but right now i sagest we go see if we can lend a hand in getting the ship repaired. Bendak then stands up and head to the engine compartment to lend a hand.

ybn1197
2006-10-05, 01:27 PM
"KADLO!!! *Talk to me! *Why doesn't my ship work?!"
Shaking his head, Kadlo says, "I don't know. There was an explosion somewhere in the main engines. I'll have to run a full spectrum of diagnostics to find out what exactly happened and where. I may even have to go topside and see if I can get a good look at things. My best guess right now is she's grounded for the time being."

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-05, 02:22 PM
"Sithspawn!!" Tien said, unstrapping himself from his seat and heading towards the main hatch down the hall. "I'm going to take a look outside and see if there's any visible damage!" he called back as he slapped the hatch control and the ramp descended.

Cursing and mumbling, Tien flipped off the safety on his heavy blaster pistol with his thumb and pulled it from the holster on his thigh. Then, keeping it pointed at the ground, he made his way around the back of the Sprite towards the engine cluster.

Cyrus112
2006-10-05, 05:38 PM
Interestingly enough, there doesn't seem to be any outer damage; it was all internal. Once the ship is down, then engines cool, and you'll need replacement parts to get them working again.

Kadlo, upon further examination, you can find bits of casing, and a sort of scorch radius near some of the parts that run the engines. It would seem that someone set some timed explosives in the engine room.

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-06, 01:56 AM
Raising his comlink to his lips, Tien reports the situation outside as he walks underneath the ship, running his hands along the outer hull. "Doesn't seem to be anything wrong out here, you two. Anything to report on your end?"

ybn1197
2006-10-06, 11:03 AM
Kadlo will pull some of the pieces of casing out and examine them. He will then look over the scorch patterns. Does he know what type of explosive did this?

Demolitions Skill Check: 1d20+7=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=663456)

Graybacca
2006-10-06, 11:50 AM
mean while Bendak is at the primary computer interface in engineering searching for traps left in the computer. Bendak thinks to himself, This most be the work of the imperial spy they warned use about in the briefing, i wounder did they warn the new members of are expedition about the spy, should i tell them?

Computer Use: (1d20+12=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=663534)

Cyrus112
2006-10-06, 11:11 PM
There seems to be nothing beyond the explosive used. With what is left over, Kadlo, you can't make out what explosive was used, although you can tell that it was of at least moderate strength.

Graybacca
2006-10-07, 11:14 AM
Bendak yells to Tien, I just finished looking over the computers for any traps, and there clear.

Cyrus112
2006-10-09, 09:16 AM
((Bumped))

ybn1197
2006-10-09, 12:38 PM
Kadlo will search the remainder of the engine compartments to see if there are any other explosive devices.

Search: 1d20 + 9 = 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=669949)

Cyrus112
2006-10-10, 04:33 PM
That was the only one.

((So...watcha all doin? ;D))

Graybacca
2006-10-10, 06:05 PM
After Finishing the check of the computer Bendak heads to one of the cabin where he left his gear, after retrieving his blaster Rifle and his helmet he heads outside.



(((OOC: hey Cyrus112 i went on to Wizards.com yesterday and found that they updated the Revised Core Rulebook Errata for '06 and one of the changes was the stock YT-1300 speed was reduced from (Attack (8 squares/action)) to (Cruising (4 squares/action)) should i make the change to the stats i posted for the Aurora Sprite. )))

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-10, 06:35 PM
Bendak finds Tien still looking around the outer hull for damage, pock marks, scratches, dirt particles... He turns towards the large soldier and raises a brow at him. "Don't you guys have comlinks? I was about to come in there." he griped.

"Did Mr. Fixit find out what's wrong with the ship?"

Graybacca
2006-10-10, 08:00 PM
Yep, a moderate size explosive planted in the sub-light Drive, so were not going to be going any place soon. at least not in tell we find some part to repair the ship., Says Bendak

Cyrus112
2006-10-10, 10:38 PM
((No, keep it at what it's at))

Graybacca
2006-10-10, 11:07 PM
(((OOC: OK)))

Cyrus112
2006-10-11, 08:50 AM
((You expressed no dis interest before, so I went ahead and had that interested party make a character. So I don't know how he'll be joining us, but his character is made.))

If anyone is in the ship, the buzz of the comm station goes off.

((I'm not sure if the comm station is linked to the stuff that blew, and if it technically is, too bad, I'm going to magic this one ;) ))

ybn1197
2006-10-11, 08:54 AM
Kadlo walks out, wiping his hands on a spare old rag. "Sorry. Didn't want to give you any half-filled reports. I prefer to have all my facts together before I make any statements. As Bendak has said, someone planted an explosive device in the sub-light engine compartment. I couldn't tell what they used but a search of the compartment revealed no further devices. We won't going anywhere for some time, I'm afraid."

Graybacca
2006-10-11, 12:24 PM
Standing near the ramp Bendak hear what sounds like the comm panel beeping, Hey guys i think some one is trying to contact us, say, Bendak. He then goes up the ramp and head to the comm panel once there he hits the button and say, Bendak Jast of Aurora Sprite here, were receiving go ahead

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-11, 06:50 PM
As Bendak retreats up the ramp he can hear Tien's shrill exclamation start off loud and fade away slightly as he heads to the cockpit. *"EXPLOSIVES!! *On my ship!! *Sith-spitting sons of granite slugs think they can get away with trying..."

Kadlo isn't so lucky. *Tien continues into a flurry of possibly the foulest string of expletives he's ever heard while stomping into the forest, intent on taking out his frustration on the trees.

ybn1197
2006-10-12, 09:31 AM
"Ummm..." Kadlo puts up his hand to stop Tien but quickly realizes the futility of it and lets the Sullustan storm away. Kadlo could never undestand the pilots' mentality when it came to starships. They all consider the vessel they piloted to be theirs and always treated it as a reverential item. Which was completely wrong, at least as Kadlo saw it. After all, it was the engineer that kept the ships flying. Without engines, pilots wouldn't have anything to fly. And as for the endearment they felt towards a ship. . . well, it was only a material item; if its broke, ya fix it.

With that thought in mind, Kadlo went back inside to the engine compartment to compile a list of the items affected by the explosion; prioritizing by what HAD to be replaced and what could be jury-rigged to keep working. He then created another list of all the items that were damaged by the blast and would eventually need to be replaced with newer parts.

Cyrus112
2006-10-12, 03:36 PM
((Hmm, I'm not too knowledgeable on the inner workings of the freighter, so if you could come up with a list (ordering it from most to least expensive or vice versa) I can pick out what is affected. We're just waiting on the new guy, cuz he's gonna be the one on the other end of the comm station))

Graybacca
2006-10-12, 04:05 PM
(((Oh ybn1197 just to clear it up, Bendak is a Human Mandalorian Soldier that's also a part of the Jedi Order: Tien is a Sullustan and are resident pilot.)))

Felistor
2006-10-12, 07:06 PM
Standing near the ramp Bendak hear what sounds like the comm panel beeping, Hey guys i think some one is trying to contact us, say, Bendak. He then goes up the ramp and head to the comm panel once there he hits the button and say, Bendak Jast of Aurora Sprite here, were receiving go ahead

Despite occasional bursts of static a voice comes through in response (along with a face if the ship's comm has video or holo capability). "Garik Hannser calling. I'm approaching your position on foot from the north, don't shoot me."

Cyrus112
2006-10-12, 07:13 PM
((I'm going to allow a bit of character interaction here, so have fun. I'll be keeping track and intervene at the appropriate time, but by all means, interact))

Graybacca
2006-10-12, 08:20 PM
Bendak still wearing his helmet with its T-shaped visor He reach up and and hits a button on the side to activate his comlink and say, Bendak to Tien, Tien *we have company approaching from the north and he has requested that we don't shot him,after clicking off his comlink, Bendak says to the comm unit, OK it should be safe to approach Garik.

Felistor
2006-10-12, 08:34 PM
Garik Hannser

"Acknowledged. Hansser out."
About ten minutes later a stocky human in camouflaged fatigues approaches the landed freighter. He is wearing a many-pocketed vest made from the hide of some reptilian creature, stun gauntlets on his hands, a complex set of macrobinocular goggles on his head, and is holding a blaster carbine.

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-12, 09:43 PM
"I'll think about it. Tien out." the still-enraged Sullustan grumbles through the comlink in response to Bendak. The pilot is the first to see Garik as well, having been outside kicking trees in frustration. As the human approaches, Tien crosses his arms over his chest and gives Garik a look over before waving for him to come on. With that, he heads back towards the ship, temper tantrum abated.

Graybacca
2006-10-12, 10:27 PM
After signing off with Garik, Bendak Stands and heads for the ramp, Just before he descends the ramp he unhooks his lightsaber as a percussion. Descending the ramp in his Gray and Black speckle Camouflaged Mandalorian armor with a lightsaber in his Right hand and his blaster rifle slung on his left side were it is easily accessed, Bendak catches site of Garik and says, Su cuy'gar Garik, So who sent you.



(((Mandalorian translation: Su cuy'gar - Hello - lit. ""You're still alive."")))

Felistor
2006-10-12, 10:40 PM
Garik Hannser

"Greetings friend. I suppose you could say Admiral Niel sent me ... I've been working for him and the spooks in Naval Intelligence. I was fully expecting to be extracted from my previous assignment on this ball of dirt, but I was told just this morning that there would be another team coming in and that if I assisted you with your mission I could catch a ride out with you instead. Brass was less than specific about what this job entailed, however ... just what is it that brings you boys out here?"

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-12, 10:46 PM
"Sorry to disappoint, but catching a ride out of here with us is going to be slightly difficult...what with the bomb and all." Tien quipped, stopping as Garik and Bendak seemed to square off. "My dizzying wit tells me that you two know each other. *That going to be a problem?" he added, looking back and forth between the two large humans.

ybn1197
2006-10-13, 09:06 AM
((Hmm, I'm not too knowledgeable on the inner workings of *the freighter, so if you could come up with a list (ordering it from most to least expensive or vice versa) I can pick out what is affected. *We're just waiting on the new guy, cuz he's gonna be the one on the other end of the comm station))
((I'm not sure on that myself. I have some stuff at home I can check over the weekend so I will get back to you on that.))

(((Oh ybn1197 just to clear it up, Bendak is a Human Mandalorian Soldier that's also a part of the Jedi Order: Tien is a Sullustan and are resident pilot.)))
((Edited. I must have glanced at the wrong post when I was double-checking the spelling. So much for double-checking.))

Kadlo, oblivious to the conversion of the two humans and Tien, walks down the ramp with a datapad in hand, shaking his head ever so slightly and tsk'ing to himself. "It doesn't look good," he says to no one in general, but almost ironic in its timing so close to Tien's statement.

Cyrus112
2006-10-13, 01:31 PM
((Go ahead and continue for now. Also, just an early FYI (I'll be posting other FYI's from now til November 19th), November 19th I will be incommunicado, awol, mia, however you want to say it. That is the release of the new Nintendo system, the Wii (pronounced we), and I will be busy with it (and the new Zelda) all day long. Just a heads up :P))

Felistor
2006-10-13, 11:50 PM
"Sorry to disappoint, but catching a ride out of here with us is going to be slightly difficult...what with the bomb and all." Tien quipped, stopping as Garik and Bendak seemed to square off. "My dizzying wit tells me that you two know each other. That going to be a problem?" he added, looking back and forth between the two large humans.

Garik looks at Bendak then back at Tien. "Well it's hard to say with that Mandalorian armor, but I don't recall meeting him before 10 minutes ago (I could be wrong about that)....
As for the ride out of here ... what is this about a bomb??"

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-13, 11:53 PM
((OOC: Ah! Sorry. The way Bendak said, "You're still alive." was meant to refer to Tien's temperament at the time and not because they knew each other previously. My mistake.))

Graybacca
2006-10-14, 12:58 AM
Bendak looks at Tien's and smiles at there Private little joke, though the other cant see the jester through his helmet and for the fact Bendak hasn't moved an inch, finally Bendak says, No we have never met before, and there was a *bomb planted in are sub-light drive.

Felistor
2006-10-14, 02:02 PM
Garik Hannser

"Someone sabotaged your ion drives eh? I'm a pretty fair hand with a hydrospanner and I know a thing or two about bombs. Suppose we go take a look at the damage while you tell me what you are up to that has saboteurs trying to keep you out of the sky?

Graybacca
2006-10-14, 06:12 PM
Kadlo are mechanic has gone over the drive and there's nothing that can be done until we find some replacement parts, as to are mission its an item recovery for the Jedi Order, Says Bendak

Cyrus112
2006-10-15, 04:14 PM
Anyone in the area, you can hear the comm station beeping again.

Graybacca
2006-10-15, 04:36 PM
Standing on the end of the ramp Bendak hear the comm going off again to the others he says, the comm is going off again, I'll be right back. Bendak ascends the ramp and heads back to cockpit on his way he hangs his lightsaber back on his belt, once in the cockpit he sits at the comm station and hits the button and says again, This is Bendak Jast of Aurora Sprite here, were receiving you, go ahead

Cyrus112
2006-10-15, 10:33 PM
"This is Lieutenant Solo on the Dauntless. What is your status?"

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-15, 10:38 PM
"Does 'in pieces' count as a status?" Tien grumbled as he huffed into the cockpit after Bendak, sitting himself down in the pilots seat and crossing his arms over his chest. *"We should get to those ruins, already, Bendak. *There might be parts to repair the ship with lying around somewhere."

Graybacca
2006-10-16, 01:05 AM
As are pilot Tien says we had some problems, are sub light drive is totally disabled but were going to continue on with the mission. So *be advised communication is going to be sporadic at best. say Bendak.

Cyrus112
2006-10-16, 01:16 AM
"And you all survived?!" exclaims an incredulous, and seeminly awe inspired, Lieutenant Solo says.

"That is some impressive flying. We have picked up some Remnant activity heading your way. If you don't get a move on soon, your objective may still be there. Get a move on troops. Let us know if/when you have what you went there for. We'll come pick you and your ship up. Not a bad name, either," Lieutenant Solo says with a consecending smirk.

"This is the Dauntless, out."

The comm station goes silent.

Felistor
2006-10-16, 02:14 AM
Garik Hannser

Garik scratches his bearded chin and looks around at Kalo, Bendak, and Tien. "I forgot to mention those Imperial boys. That was my job here incidentally ... to scout out their operation. I'm still not sure just what they are doing here on Dantooine, but whatever it is they decided to bring an awful lot of firepower. We should probably be away from here before they show up."

Graybacca
2006-10-16, 03:45 AM
After Lieutenant Solo signs off Bendak mutters, you Know I'm really starting to regret not shooting that Mir'osik. Looking over to Garik nods, your right we should move out, so i sagest we grab are gear and any thing else we can use.



(((Mir'osik - something undesirable where your brains ought to be, i.e. Poo doo for brains")))

ybn1197
2006-10-16, 09:01 AM
Kadlo walks into the cockpit, barely catching the later part of the conversation. He slips the datapad containing the needed parts into one of the pockets in his cargo pants.


After Lieutenant Solo signs off Bendak mutters, you Know I'm really starting to regret not shooting that Mir'osik. Looking over to Garik nods, your right we should move out, so i sagest we grab are gear and any thing else we can use.

Kadlo nods his head and understanding and heads back to the lounge area and retrieves his gear.

Cyrus112
2006-10-16, 09:24 AM
((Everyone who crashed, intelligence check to remember which direction to go :P))

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-16, 09:38 AM
Int Check (1d20+3=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=683219)

Invisible Castle hates me.

Graybacca
2006-10-16, 09:57 AM
Intelligence: (1d20+3=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=683243)

ybn1197
2006-10-16, 01:52 PM
Intelligence: 1d20+5=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=683735)

Cyrus112
2006-10-16, 10:13 PM
((Ok, good. I just wanted to see a check 10 or over, heh)).

You quickly figure out what directions you should be traveling. Will you start on the two hour trek to the ruins, or are there things you all need to do first?

ybn1197
2006-10-17, 07:59 PM
Lock the doors and remember where we parked. ;D

Graybacca
2006-10-17, 09:49 PM
Bendak goes to his cabin and retrieve the last of his gear and a backpack with a folded duffel bag in it, Bendak stop in the ship kitchen and puts 4 day ration and water for 4 in the backpack and a roll of duck-tape, he then heads out side to wait for the others once there ready Bendak heads for there destination

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-17, 11:17 PM
Tien does the same, hurrying back into the ship for a moment to secure the rest of his belongings, plus a few field rations and the like in the possibility that this would take more than a few hours. He frowned when he realized that might mean sleeping outside with the...trees...those hateful...wooden...trees...

Why couldn't they get sabotaged and downed on Corellia?

Coming back to join the others, he tightened the straps on his backpack to settle it more comfortably on his shoulders and glared hatefully at the wilderness. "So, do you think they'll have ancient fresher stations in the ruins?" he asked no one in particular, his voice hopeful.

ybn1197
2006-10-18, 11:31 AM
Kadlo secures his gear and triple checks everything out of his compulsive behavior. He then gathers 4 days of rations and water like the others, triple checking that there are no leaks or tears. Once complete, he again makes sure his datapad is secure in the pocket of his cargo pants. Content that everything is as it should be, he walks down the ramp of the transport and out to meet with the others.

Cyrus112
2006-10-18, 09:00 PM
You begin making your way toward the ruins with little incident. Animals are chirping, wind is blowing, the sun is shining.

After awhile, you notice that the sounds of life around you have become eerily silent...

((Listen & Spot checks people))

Felistor
2006-10-18, 09:17 PM
Garik Hannser

Garik will take point as the party winds its way towards the ruins.

Listen = 21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=687940)
Spot = 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=687944) (10m range increment instead of 4, due to macrobinoculars)

If he sees or hears any enemies he will hand-signal to the others to take cover and do so himself.
(Hide=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=687951))

((OOC: If there are any spare rations on the ship Garik will take some as well))

ybn1197
2006-10-18, 09:25 PM
Kadlo

Listen: 1d20+1=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=687965)

Spot: 1d20+5=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=687967)

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-18, 09:51 PM
Tien continued to gripe and moan as they made their way along, having trouble picking his way over fallen logs and such because of his shorter stature and raising his hand up to shield his face when the sun shone through the tree canopy.

He wasn't completely out of touch with his surroundings, however. *In fact, when the insufferable racket around him fell quiet it seemed like he was the first to notice.

Listen, Spot (1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=688002)

Graybacca
2006-10-18, 10:57 PM
Spot: (1d20+5=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=688073)

Listen: (1d20+5=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=688077)


(((OOC: just so you know I'm having computer troubles, I'm going to take it to the repair shop so i may be with out a computer for a few days.)))

Cyrus112
2006-10-19, 04:16 PM
((And so it was, Graybacca was NPC'ed for a few days...possibly :P))

Ok, so the whole group hears movement in the trees around you, although you can't tell which tree it is coming from.

Tien notices a flash of movement off to his right.

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-19, 06:34 PM
Tien calls the group to a halt with a sharp, but short whistle. Holding one fist up in the air to forestall any questions, he unclips his blaster from its leather holster and draws it. If anyone looks over, all he will do is nod towards his right where he was pretty sure he'd seen something and bring his blaster up to level, sighting down the barrel at it.

This better not be an animal. he thought to himself. I hate animals...almost as much as trees...


...damn trees...

Graybacca
2006-10-19, 07:35 PM
At Tien's whistle Bendak turns to find out what going on but when he sees Tien Draw his blaster pistol, Bendak also draws his blaster pistol, out of habit and points it in the same general direction that Tien is pointing at.


(((we'll its going to take a few days for me to get the money i need to get this computer fixed, but if i don't respond in the meantime just NPC Me.))

ybn1197
2006-10-20, 09:07 AM
Kadlo draws his pistol as well, but is more intent at watching the other surrounding area. The other two obviously had the source of the sound covered, but there was a possibility that they were being surrounded and only one of their assailants had made a mistake in being discovered. Kadlo hoped this wasn't the case, but one can never be too sure when lives are on line.

Felistor
2006-10-20, 10:35 AM
Garik

Garik readies his blaster carbine and scans the area more closely with his macrobinoculars.

((move action to take another spot check. Spot=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=690212)))

Cyrus112
2006-10-20, 11:14 AM
Garik spots some slight movement in the same tree that Tien pointed at. You see no other movement besides that.

Graybacca
2006-10-27, 05:44 PM
Bendak tiring of waiting decides to yell out and say, Come out of there who ever you are or I'll throw a grenade in there.



Bluff: (1d20+0=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=699394)

Cyrus112
2006-10-28, 10:20 AM
Hey hey, time for initiative everyone

Graybacca
2006-10-28, 10:28 AM
INITIATIVE: (1d20+6=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=700109)

(((Will that has to be my worst Roll ever)))

ChronicLunacy
2006-10-28, 05:49 PM
INITIATIZE!!! (1d20+4=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=700793)

(( :: Shakes fist at Invisible Castle :: ))

Cyrus112
2006-10-29, 02:02 AM
Just waitin on Felistor and YBN

ybn1197
2006-10-29, 09:01 AM
Initiative (1d20+2=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=701508)

Felistor
2006-10-30, 03:50 PM
Garik Hannser

Initiative (1d20+4) = 24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=703321)

((OOC: How many meters from my position was the movement?))

Cyrus112
2006-10-31, 01:25 AM
It is about eleven meters away from you. Felistor, go ahead with your action.

Felistor
2006-10-31, 02:15 PM
Garik Hannser

Crouching low, Garik takes 1 step forward (2m) and fires three quick stun blasts at the shape he saw moving in the tree with his Firelance (Using Rapid Shot but not multifire).

Attack 1 (1d20+11) = 15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704632)
Attack 2 (1d20+11) = 14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704696)
Attack 3 (1d20+6) = 13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704712)

((OOC: Although a normal blaster can only fire stun at 4m, the Firelance can fire stun blasts 10m. I'll let the GM roll miss chance for concealment since I don't know whether the movement at this point has partial or total concealment. If any hit a living target, it must make a fortitude save at a DC of 22 (Unconscious if <17, Knocked Out if <22, Stunned if <27 as per latest erratta)))

Cyrus112
2006-11-01, 12:34 AM
((Oh, well that's fun.))

A big, furry thing falls out of the trees from one of the stun blasts fired off by Garik. It appears to be unconscious.

((Think that one animal from Episode 2, the tiger like one if you look at it closer. It's called a Nexu))

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-01, 01:40 AM
Tien covered his nose and pointed his blaster at the thing on the ground. It was a quadrapedal, furred animal of some kind with a wide maw filled with wickedly pointed teeth...

"It smells like a wet nerf..." he croaked through his hand. "I hope that's the only one."

He looked up into the trees, then around behind him as he spoke, imagining every shadow as another one of those things...hungry for Sullustan meat. He frowned. He hated being the littlest member of a group...the predators always went after the little guy first.

Sithspit...I hate animals...

Felistor
2006-11-01, 02:44 AM
Garik Hannser

Assuming no more Nexu attack, Garik will run up to the fallen beast prepare to coup-de-grace it with his vibrobayonet.

Damage (2d4+6) = 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=705570)

"Don't worry little one ... predators this size don't typically hunt in packs" he says, smiling at Tien.

ybn1197
2006-11-01, 08:26 AM
Kadlo nodded in agreement with Tien. While animals liked small prey, they also enjoyed the taste of green things. And though his clothes covered most of his body, they left his head exposed and he worried most about losing that.

Kadlo continues to keep an eye on the trees. Though Garik's words made sense and he wanted to believe them, it was never a mistake in being too cautious.

((OCC: I am leaving for vacation Friday morning and heading to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. As such I will not on the boards from 5:00 EST Thursday till Saturday the 11th. NPC my character as you see fit.))

Cyrus112
2006-11-01, 08:32 PM
Coup de grace works fine, and the animal doesn't get up. Nor are there more Nexu. You continue on the trek, and the woods you are in open up and in front of you are the ruins that were your destination. Above you is the roar of jet engines and a shuttle passes over and lands on the opposite side of the ruins, much in the way the Remnant shuttle did on Coruscant...

Graybacca
2006-11-01, 11:58 PM
Bendak looks up at the sound of the shuttle passing over head and says, well here we go again.

Felistor
2006-11-02, 01:12 AM
Garik Hannser

Garik turns to Bendak. "Your call ... do we try to hurry and get the object before them, or set an ambush and eliminate the opposition?"

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-02, 01:37 AM
"I've got a better idea... We avoid them entirely, get what we need, and leave before they even know we're here! Geez...what is it with humans and killing?" the Sullustan said, thumbing back towards the woods and the creature Garik had killed to emphasize his point. "We're most lkely outnumbered and outgunned. Why don't we try playing it smart instead of running in all guns blazing?" he frowned, crossing his arms over his chest.

Graybacca
2006-11-02, 06:47 AM
Answering Garik Bendak say, We hurry, the artifacts are more important.

ybn1197
2006-11-02, 08:28 AM
"I must agree with Tien," Kadlo says. "There are only four of us. And besides Bendak, none of us have heavy armor. Our opposition must likely will. Stealth is our best chance at obtaining the artifact."

Cyrus112
2006-11-02, 04:01 PM
The ruins are large and constructed as such that you can't see the far side of them to where the ship landed, nor can you hear anything out of the ordinary. Some birds caw from the hollowed out shells of buildings and rodents scurry along the alleys, but it seems deserted for the most part. Near the center, there seems to be a building larger than those around it, although you can't make out it's shape from your current location.

Graybacca
2006-11-03, 02:29 PM
Come time is growing short and we must recover the artifact at all costs. says Bendak. Bendak turns and start walking into the ruins heading for the large building in the center.

Cyrus112
2006-11-04, 10:14 AM
You get to the large structure at the middle of the ruins, and it is shaped like a pyramid, just like the last one. It looks almost indentical. There is no one to be seen as you make your way towards it.

Graybacca
2006-11-04, 09:18 PM
Bendak approach the pyramid entrance and enter once in side he looks around to see if the layout of the floor is the same as the Coruscant pyramid.

(((OOC: should i roll an intelligence check to see if the pyramid laid out the same.)))

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-04, 09:25 PM
Tien follows close behind Bendak, hand on his blaster. For now, the weapon resides safely in its holster, but ready for a draw from the thigh with a moment's notice. He keeps dutiful watch for anything shiny and/or valuable.

((OOC: Good, meatshield. :smallwink: ))

Cyrus112
2006-11-04, 11:49 PM
((Woah, there, back up folks))

You climb the stairs to where the entrance to be, only to see a blank wall flanked by two mean looking statues of hunched bipedal creatures wearing long cloaks with the hood pulled up. The details of the faces have been worn away over time.

Felistor
2006-11-05, 02:36 PM
Garik Hannser
Garik takes the rear-guard position, scanning the treeline for enemy activity.
Whispering to the others he asks, "Is there an entrance on the other side of this structure?"

Graybacca
2006-11-07, 11:21 AM
There could be but we won't know until we walk around the base, but there also a good chance that the entrance is right here hidden. say Bendak. Bendak then proceeds to Search the wall.

Search: (1d20+7=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=715652)
Spot: (1d20+5=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=715656)

Felistor
2006-11-07, 01:55 PM
Garik HannserGarik readies an action to shoot the first Imperial he sees and continues to stand guard.

Cyrus112
2006-11-07, 07:56 PM
You find a only slightly raised block in the wall in front of you, where the entrance was to the last temple.

Graybacca
2006-11-08, 03:55 PM
finding the raised block Bendak atemps to first pull the block free and then trys to puss the block in.

Strength: (1d20+2=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=717895)

Cyrus112
2006-11-08, 11:11 PM
You can't really get a grip on it to pull it out, but it pushes in quite easily.

((Anyone standing on the top platform, reflex saves please :P ))

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-08, 11:16 PM
Reflex Save (1d20+9=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=718503)

Felistor
2006-11-09, 01:26 AM
Reflex save (1d20+6) = 14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=718616)

Graybacca
2006-11-09, 08:10 PM
REFLEX: (1d20+4=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=719868)

Cyrus112
2006-11-10, 11:21 AM
((Waitin on YBN))

Cyrus112
2006-11-11, 05:02 PM
((Is YBN still around?))

((Also, just a friendly reminder. Next Saturday is the midnight launch of the Nintendo Wii, and the new Zelda *drools...among other things* I will be incommunicado from midnight Saturday and all through Sunday. I will return to my posting sometime Monday, assuming the new Zelda doesn't steal my soul, hehe))

Graybacca
2006-11-11, 05:42 PM
(don't know last time he was on the boards was the 2nd)

ybn1197
2006-11-12, 09:51 PM
OCC: Just a quick reminder for those wondering where I've been, this was post #406 on the 1st.

((OCC: I am leaving for vacation Friday morning and heading to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. As such I will not on the boards from 5:00 EST Thursday till Saturday the 11th. NPC my character as you see fit.))
But I'm back now, thoroughly burned externally from the sun, internally from the alcohol and financially from the casino. :-)
Now back to the game.

==================
Kadlo:
Reflex Save: 1d20+2=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724149)

Cyrus112
2006-11-13, 12:12 AM
((I do remember that now. Hope ya recover quickly, hehe))

You push the block in, and the floor under everyone's feet opens up. Only Bendak finds some sort of footing ((clinging to one of the evil looking statues)). Everyone else plummets into darkness.

Those who fell, you hit a sort of slide, so it's not a straight drop. You all hit the bottom roughly and are still surrounded by darkness.

((Bendak, another reflex save please, hehe))

Graybacca
2006-11-13, 02:18 PM
clawing at his hand holed Bendak tries to pull himself up from the hole.
(Heres your reflex save and a Strength check)
REFLEX: (1d20+4=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724835)
Strength: (1d20+2=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724839)

Felistor
2006-11-13, 03:32 PM
Garik Hannser

Garik activates the low-light vision function on his heads-up macrobinoculars and looks around.
Spot=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724937)

Cyrus112
2006-11-14, 08:48 AM
((Sorry Bendak, hehe))

Your grip on the old statues are tenuous at best. While you manage to keep a hold, some of the flooring breaks away, and you can't keep quite a strong enough hold to stay up. You follow your comrades into the darkness below.

At the bottom, you exit the slide and land on top of Kadlo ((random roll of the dice)).

Garik, the room seems enclosed. There is a rather large, heavy, thick looking door at the far end, and there are six levers, three on each side of the room.

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-14, 09:24 AM
Tien

"Ow."

Tien was in a heap at the bottom of the ramp with everyone else, his blaster having clattered across the floor several paces from him upon landing. With a grunt, he heaved himself to his feet, brushed himself off, and went to retrieve it. It was then he noticed the door and all the levers, to which he exclaimed, "Hey, I wonder what these do?"

...Then he randomly pulled one.

((OOC: :smalleek: ))

Cyrus112
2006-11-14, 06:34 PM
((Sigh, which one? Cuz it matters, heh))

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-14, 06:35 PM
((OOC: Just roll a d6. He's being completely random.))

Cyrus112
2006-11-15, 09:40 AM
OK, Tien pulls the farthest back lever on the right. It goes down and then goes back up. You can all hear gears grinding. Flames begin to light along the top of the wall. Along the right, blue lights. Along the left, red lights. A little circular cover next to the lever you pulled begins to open, and Tien can hear the sound of buzzing coming from behind it.

ybn1197
2006-11-15, 12:50 PM
Kadlo stumbles out from the pile of limbs he unexpectedly found himself under and proceeds to gather up his blaster, having been knocked from his hand in the fall. As the flames flash up around him, he finds himself in awe of the engineering work it took to create the effects they now find occurring around them.

Graybacca
2006-11-15, 08:51 PM
Getting up from the floor as the flames flash up lighting the room, as he looks around you hear a soft whistle come from beneath Bendaks helmet. Bendak says, Impressive, but remind me not to do that again.

Cyrus112
2006-11-15, 10:02 PM
The buzzing sound from the hole in the wall is becoming louder. And the red and blue flames cast an eerie light around the room.

((Spot checks))

Graybacca
2006-11-15, 10:34 PM
Spot: (1d20+5=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=728813)

Felistor
2006-11-16, 12:37 AM
Garik Hannser

"Sweet mother of the Force!" Garik shouts, looking around. "What did you do?"
(( Spot =21)) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=728988)

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-16, 01:22 AM
Tien

"You know..." Tien said, scratching his chin in thought, "In hindsight, that may not have been the smartest thing to do at this point in time." He waxed philosophical by studying the lights on one side of the wall. Unfortunately, he didn't really pay attention to the bigger picture.

Spot (1d20+6=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729024)

ybn1197
2006-11-16, 08:32 AM
Kadlo

Spot (1d20+5=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729441)

Cyrus112
2006-11-16, 08:49 PM
You all notice that there are also lights above the flames. These lights shine at different brightnesses over all six levers. It's at about this time that some....bug like things....come out of the grate next to the lever that was pulled.

((Initiatives))

Graybacca
2006-11-16, 10:25 PM
Initiative: (1d20+6=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731134)

Felistor
2006-11-17, 12:42 AM
Garik
Initiative: 1d20+4=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731272)

((what is the range to the bugs, how many are there, and what cover is available?))

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-17, 02:09 AM
Initiative (1d20+4=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731341)

Cyrus112
2006-11-17, 02:22 AM
((Gotta gimme a tad bit of time to try and find the bugs. I lost the page...gar. May have to ask my friend.))

There isn't much in the way of cover. There are four pillars in the room, but the bugs fly (hence the buzzing).

The person next to the lever is adjacent to the first emerging bugs, the rest of your are about 4 meters away.

ybn1197
2006-11-17, 09:44 AM
Kadlo

Initiative: 1d20+2=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731610)

Methinks Kadlo must have been too busy looking at the engineering.

Graybacca
2006-11-17, 10:42 AM
Seeing the bug emerge next to Tien, Bendak Shouts, Tien witch out! At the same time Bendak Draws and ignites his Lightsaber, And advanse to the center of the room. if any bug come near him he swings the saber at them.

MELEE ATTACK: (1d20+7=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731695)
DAMAGE: (2d8+2=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=731698)

Cyrus112
2006-11-21, 10:34 AM
((HA, found em))

You miss with the lightsaber. There are now three bugs out in the open, and from the buzzing sound you can tell a few are still in the hole.

The first attacks Kadlo.

(Attack - 12 + 5 = 17)
(Damage - 6 + 2 = 8)
(If struck, strength check please)

The second attacks Bendak.

(Attack - 17 + 5 = 22)
(Damage - 4 + 2 = 6)
(If you've been struck, strength check)

The third attacks Tien.

(Attack - 9 + 5 = 14)
(Damage - 5 + 2 = 7)
(If struck, fortitude save)

((Now you all go. There are three in the air, and now a fourth is emerging from the hole in the wall))

ybn1197
2006-11-21, 10:59 AM
Kadlo

Kadlo grunts as the bug hits him, sapping some of his strength.
Strength Check: 1d20+1=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=736861)

Weary, Kadlo draws his blaster pistol and tries to take aim at his attacker.
Blaster: 1d20+6=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=736869)
(OCC:) If Bendak missed with a 17, I doubt I hit with a 12.

Felistor
2006-11-21, 01:10 PM
Garik Hannser

Dropping to a crouch, Garik shifts the selector on his carbine to multifire and opens up on the incoming insects.

Attack 1 = 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737069), Damage = 12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737079)
Attack 2 = 24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737075), Damage = 15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737079)
Attack 3 = 25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737076), Damage = 15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737079)
Attack 4 = 24 (natural 20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737077), Damage = 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737079)
(Critical confirmation roll for attack 4 = 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737078))

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-21, 01:15 PM
Tien

Tien looked up just in time to see a bug come buzzing in at him. Yelping, he managed to tuck his shoulder and roll under the insect's dive, coming up with blaster in hand. He sighted along the barrel and squeezed off a quick shot...melting the grate where the bugs were emerging from so the group wouldn't have to deal with more.

Attack (Precise Attack +1) (1d20+9=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737100)

Damage (3d8=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737103)

Graybacca
2006-11-21, 01:54 PM
Grunting from the impact Bandak starts swing wildly at the bugs

Strength: (1d20+2=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737218)
MELEE ATTACK: (1d20+7=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737226)
MELEE ATTACK: (1d20+7=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737228)
DAMAGE: (2d8+2=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737229)
DAMAGE: (2d8+2=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737231)

Cyrus112
2006-11-24, 05:18 PM
Whether your attack hit or didn't is a moot point, Kadlo, as you have now been knocked onto the ground, from the force of the impact from the bug. Garik's first shot misses, but the other three hit the three bugs. They all fall to the floor, dead.

((If you were hit, Bendak, I need a strength check)).

The bolt hits the opening, but it doesn't do much. There is still buzzing coming from it.

Graybacca
2006-11-24, 07:34 PM
IT was at the top


Grunting from the impact Bandak starts swing wildly at the bugs

Strength: (1d20+2=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737218)

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-25, 12:53 AM
Tien draws close to the wall, continuing to shoot the top of the grate. By superheating the metal in this manner, he hopes to melt it completely shut. He tries to stick to his work despite the ominous buzzing.

Cyrus112
2006-11-26, 11:51 AM
((Ah, apparently there has been a misunderstanding. You can retake attack actions if you so wish, Tien, as when the grate slides up, it slides up into a groove in the wall. You can't visibly see the grate once it slides open. And apologies for not noticing the strength check.))

While the bug thumps you rather hard, you manage to keep your feet. Two more bugs exit from the hole.

ybn1197
2006-11-26, 09:46 PM
When its his turn during the second round of combat, Kadlo will fire at the nearest bug with his blaster pistol.


1d20+1=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=745402)

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-27, 01:01 AM
((OOC: Ah, well in that case...))

Tien

The sullustan, frustrated with the ineffectiveness of using his blaster pistol to collapse or melt the gate closed, instead attempts to flip the same lever he had just used to unleash the bugs. Hopefully, reversing the move that freed the horrible, buzzing things would just set them back to where they had started from.

Hey, it worked in his mind.

((OOC: Strength check, if needed: 1d20=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=745625) ))

Cyrus112
2006-11-27, 03:44 PM
Pulling the lever does nothing. Three more bugs emerge from the hole.

One attacks Tien, the other two raise into the air, heading towards other party members (they don't get to attack, however).

(Attack - 16 + 5 = 21)
(If hit, Fort save)

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-27, 03:55 PM
Tien

Fort Save (1d20+2=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=746556)

:smalleek:

Graybacca
2006-11-27, 07:25 PM
Bendak swings his saber at the bugs that come at him.


MELEE ATTACK: (1d20+7=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=746934)
MELEE ATTACK: (1d20+7=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=746920)
DAMAGE: (2d8+2=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=746947)
DAMAGE: (2d8+2=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=746957)

Cyrus112
2006-11-28, 03:30 PM
Tien, the bug hits you and then you feel quite a shock. You are stunned for 3 rounds. The bug drops dead after shocking you. Bendak drops the last two. There is no more buzzing.

Felistor
2006-11-28, 06:34 PM
Garik Hannser
Garik keeps his carbine raised (ready an action to shoot the next bug to come in). "Is anyone injured?"

Cyrus112
2006-11-29, 12:04 AM
There are no more bugs. The lights above each grate continue to shine their various brightnesses.

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-29, 01:07 AM
Tien

"Man down..." Tien squeaked from the floor. When the bug had hit him he'd suddenly seen stars and the world went black. He had only been stunned for a few seconds, but when he opened his eyes he was staring at the ceiling. "Help...am I dying? I'm too young and beautiful to die!" he pouted.

It was then that he took stock of himself and noticed that aside from a light headache he was completely intact. "Phew... And the world is spared a great tragedy. I'm fine, you can all stop worrying." he said, sitting up and grinning at the others. "Who wants to flip the next lever?"

"What? ...Why are you all looking at me like that?"

ybn1197
2006-11-29, 09:59 AM
Kadlo wearily eyes the chamber, making sure that there truly were no more bugs. Satisfied, Kadlo holsters his blaster and picks himself up from his seated position on the ground, swearing to himself to get more practice time in at the shooting range. "Though I am no entomologist, I suspect if there were more insects in this hive, they would have come after us with the rest. Perhaps the path is clear and we can make our way out of here."

Cyrus112
2006-11-29, 01:53 PM
The only way out of this room is through a set of very thick, very ancient looking doors at the end of the room. If any attempts are made to open the door, none succeed ((not even trying to cut through it with a lightsaber. The doors are strangely resilient)).

((Int checks for all))

Felistor
2006-11-29, 05:20 PM
INT: 1d20+2=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=750001)

Graybacca
2006-11-29, 06:57 PM
Intelligence: (1d20+3=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=750114)

ChronicLunacy
2006-11-29, 10:52 PM
Intelligence (1d20+3=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=750582)

ybn1197
2006-11-30, 09:49 AM
Kadlo's Intelligence Check: 1d20+5=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=752175)

Cyrus112
2006-12-02, 03:17 PM
((Kadlo and Garik both realize that the lights have something to do with the order in which they should be pulled))

Graybacca
2006-12-03, 11:12 AM
See no other way out Bendak walks over to the leavers and pull the two on the bottom right.

Cyrus112
2006-12-04, 09:35 AM
((Twitch twitch. The bars are spaced such that you can only pull one at a time, so pick which one, hehe. Also a note, the lever that was first pulled has reset, but the grate remains open))

ybn1197
2006-12-04, 10:51 AM
Kadlo sticks his hand out towards Bendak. "Hold," he yells before the man can pull any of the levers. "There are six levers," he says, as much to himself as to anyone else in the room. "Three are on the left, three are on the right." He gestures towards the levers as he recites the facts. "Lights above the levers. The right is blue, left is red. All are of different brightness. Now, Tien used the lever the furthest on the right, which has reset itself. I'm sure the lights have some signifiance to the order in which the levers are pulled." Thinking back, Kadlo tries to remember which lights were bright and which ones were dim after Tien pulled the lever.

Graybacca
2006-12-04, 05:52 PM
Before Bendak could decide witch of the two levers to pull, Kadlo Stops him by telling him his theory stepping back Bendak is quite as to let Kadlo to figure them a way out.

Cyrus112
2006-12-04, 07:34 PM
((That saves some unpleasantness, heh))

So, an official order for the lights. The brightest is the first one on the right. The next brightest is the middle one on the left, followed by the top left. The next is the middle right followed by back left and then back right.

Felistor
2006-12-04, 10:29 PM
Garik Hannser
"Normally I'd say pull the levers in the order of brightest lights to least brightest, but it seems that that is what our little friend started to do, and it only brought bugs. I vote we try starting with the least-brightest next.
Unless you have any better ideas, that is."

ChronicLunacy
2006-12-05, 01:31 AM
Tien


"I'm going to burn this whole place to its foundations with the Aurora Sprite's quad-laser when I get out of here..." the Sullustan mumbled from the corner, still fretting over the little burn mark on his forehead from where the bug had shocked him. "Stupid jedi bugs...creepy Jedi temples..."

ybn1197
2006-12-05, 09:45 AM
Kadlo
Kadlo turns to Garik. "Your reasoning is sound. I think that is our best course of action."

Felistor
2006-12-06, 04:13 PM
Garik starts flipping levers in order from dim to bright.

Cyrus112
2006-12-07, 04:50 PM
Hey, lookie there. The heavy doors slowly creak open and there are no more bugs coming out of any holes in the walls.

The doors reveal a staircase, wide enough to walk single file, leading further down.

Felistor
2006-12-07, 08:23 PM
Garik Hannser

Garik takes point as the party heads down the stairs. He will move cautiously, keeping an eye out for any traps.
Search: 1d20+2 -> [10,2] = (12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=766348)

Graybacca
2006-12-07, 09:31 PM
Before Bendak follows after Garik down the stairs, he hangs his lightsaber on his belt and draws his DL-44 Blaster pistol and then proceeds.

ybn1197
2006-12-08, 09:27 AM
Kadlo follows the others, keeping his blaster in hand.

Cyrus112
2006-12-08, 09:46 AM
At the bottom of a staircase is a landing that everyone can stand on. Another staircase is attached to this landing. It is the same size as the previous one, and also leads down. There are no flames in here, and yet the stairway leading down, and the pathway below both glow. All around you, aside from the staircase, is, seemingly, darkness.

Graybacca
2006-12-08, 12:48 PM
this time Bendak gos down the staircase first, but before he did so switched his Blaster to his left hand and drew his Lightsaber with his right.

Felistor
2006-12-08, 01:33 PM
Garik Hannser
Garik follows, carbine held at ready.

ybn1197
2006-12-08, 01:54 PM
Kadlo
Continue on.

Cyrus112
2006-12-10, 12:59 AM
((What the Chronic Lunacy be doin? Followin?))

ChronicLunacy
2006-12-10, 05:55 AM
((Aye. Assume Tien's following or doing what everyone else is doing unless I say otherwise.))

Cyrus112
2006-12-10, 09:53 AM
As the first person begins to descend...

((spot checks for all))

Graybacca
2006-12-10, 10:39 AM
Spot: (1d20+5=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=770194)

Felistor
2006-12-10, 02:56 PM
Spot: 1d20+1 -> [12,1] = (13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=770381)