View Full Version : Magic Under the Sun

Pages : 1 [2] 3

adanedhel9
2007-03-27, 09:27 PM
Confirming Tamboc's last attack:

[roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-28, 08:03 AM
Tamboc manages to strike hard and fast. (( Two hits! )). Throelg screams in pain as the sword bites into his thick hide. He lashes back out in reckless anger. He manages to strike Tamboc in the gut with a very powerful blow (( 15 damage )).

Galen tops his series of transformations off, growing a set of wicked-looking mandibles. As he does so, he reaches for the hidden objects in his belt, pulling out a small strip of leather with several pockets. Sticking out of the tops of these pockets are several jagged shards of metal.

Outside, Squaw takes off with just enough caution to avoid a parting blow from the elemental. She takes cover behind a nearby building.

The elemental gives chase, flying high and over the building. It prepares to dive...

(( Yeah, described a little out of order, but no one's getting cheated... :smallwink:

Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=3) (with more room to plan flight!) ))

Entertainer13
2007-03-28, 09:25 AM
The ruby ring
The silver circlet
The boots
The ivory ring
If we can, the red potions

The clueless Quintar would like the objects looked at in this order. If that's possible.

((Go Tamboc!))

adanedhel9
2007-03-28, 10:50 AM
((Did you miss the part where Tamboc 5-foot steps? That was left and up.))

Tamboc continues swinging:

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Squaw flies under the elemental and ducks around the corner of the stables, landing at the end of her flight.

adanedhel9
2007-03-28, 10:50 AM
Confirming the second attack:

[roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-28, 05:08 PM
Back at Camp

Tianna sets about casting her divination to find the enchantment of Razorvach's ruby ring (( wow, triple-R )). It is a complex spell, requiring an hour of casting. But when all is said and done, she is able to deterimine that the ring protects its wearer from sudden bursts of extreme cold. (( It is a minor ring of cold resistance, negating the first 10 points of cold damage from any cold attack. ))

While it is getting late, and she is tired, Tianna decides to try for the next item in line—the silver circlet—while Mab, having finished her part in setting up camp and taking care of the refugees, works on Razorvach's boots.

Mab determines that the boots magically enhance the wearer's speed and muscle strength. (( Boots of striding and springing provide a +10 enhancement bonus to base land speed and +5 competence bonus to Jump checks. (Note that the speed increase grants further bonuses to Jump checks.) ))

Tianna unearths something interesting...

"This is very potent magic. It's linked to another item of some sort. It seems the purpose is to grant some sort of mind control—it looks like over dragons, but I can't be sure without the other item—that wears it. And—get this—if you concentrate on it, this circlet will give you an idea where the other item is.

And I think the second circlet will do the same thing."

(( BTW—what have you guys done with your prisoners? ))

[hr]Villmore Stablehouse

(( Yeah, I did miss the 5-ft. step thing... sorry. But you forgot to roll another set of damage to go with your crit confirmation. So how about we do: Crit confirmation damage (1d8+5=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=944750)?))

Another few deep cuts shows Tamboc how tough Throelg really is. If those cuts were any deeper, his guts would be spilling to the floor, yet the brute is still standing.

Outside, Squaw takes refuge behind the stable.

Throelg growls at Tamboc "Put dat down!" He reaches out for Tamboc's sword, trying to yank it out of Tamboc's hands, but all he finds is a handful of blade (( Disarm Attack of Opportunity (1d20+17=27, 1d8+5=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=944740).

Galen glowers at Tamboc for a split second before he blinks from view, turning invisible. Tamboc hears the rush of charging feet followed by the clanging noise of hardened mandibles striking his shield, raised at just the right moment. Just off to his right, he hears Galen scream in pain and frustration.

The elemental again takes time to reposition itself for an attack. (( It's faster and more maneuverable than Squaw, but apparently not to the extent that the buildings don't get in the way... ))

(( Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=4)

Map 3 also fixed for Tamboc's 5-ft. step. :smalltongue: ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-28, 08:59 PM
((I just assumed you would double the roll shown.))

Tamboc continues to slash away.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Squaw will continue evading. She should be able move clockwise around the buildings, putting herself behind the 'crooked' building.

((Unless the elemental changes tactics, Squaw's going to just keep this up.))

Tarinth
2007-03-29, 09:18 AM
Oh, those boots make me drool. Too bad I'm a Wemic. Besides, it's not like I need any more Jumping capabilities.:smallsmile:

((Go Tamboc))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-29, 07:35 PM
With Tamboc's second swing, the gigantic brute goes down in a pool of his own blood. From somewhere to his right, Tamboc hears a very loud and very vulgar curse. (( Yeah, it strikes me that Tamboc's shield is on his left side, so my earlier description was erroneous. Not that facing really happens in D&D... ))

Squaw continues to evade the elemental, hiding behind another building.

Galen blinks back to being visible for a split second before turning invisible again. Though Tamboc is unable to actively defend himself, the invisible assailant's dagger has difficulty finding a weak spot in the paladin's heavy armor. ((Curse you and your high flat-footed AC! :smallwink: )) Unfortunately, those mandibles Galen grew do hit home near the neck and shoulder joints. (( 18 damage )) While a viscious blow, the attack does betray Galen's position (( He still has total concealment, of course. ))

Unfortunately for Squaw, the elemental decides to give up the dive attacks and simply closes in close enough to make it difficult for her to move again without taking a parting blow. it hovers 10 ft. directly above her.

(( Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=5) ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-29, 08:16 PM
((I just realized that I had a miscellaneous -2 penalty on Tamboc's AC, probably from charging at some point in the past. I've removed it now.))

Tamboc will continue swinging away. The first attack will be a smite. 1 on a 1d2 pierces concealment.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

[roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

Despite the elemental's new tactics, Squaw will continue with her old tactics.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-30, 04:03 PM
Tamboc charges his sword with holy energy and takes a swing. He suddenly feels firm pressure around his wrist as Galen tries to take advantage of this wild swing at an unseen opponent by closing in and stabbing the paladin. Unfortunately for Galen, Tamboc is both too well armored and quick enough to use that as his own opportunity and cut the man in the side, emptying all the holy energy into him.

Tamboc tries to press this advantage, but his unseen opponent is too quick and dodges out of the way of the wildly swinging sword.

As Squaw tries to run from the elemental, it manages to slam her with an airy appendage (( 9 damage )).

Galen again blinks in and out of invisibility. Suddenly two of the metal shards from Galen's belt appear out of the air from about 10 ft. away. One bounces harmlessly off of Tamboc's shield, but the other grazes past the spot Galen had bit him earlier, making a nasty cut (( 25 damage )).

The elemental continues to pursue Squaw.

(( Map Updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=6) ))

(( Just a thought... I realize I haven't been updating the relative illumination to take into account Tamboc's darkvision... Just so you know, 'cause the comment I made about it with the first map doesn't apply to the more recent ones. ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-31, 09:41 AM
Tamboc will open the door, call out to Squaw, and ready an action to mount up when Squaw gets near.

Squaw will head towards the door to pick up Tamboc.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-31, 10:16 AM
(( Just gotta check: You've got a shield totally taking up one hand (heavy shield), and a sword in the other. You'll need a free hand to both unbar the door and open. Do you want to drop your valuable magic longsword to speed things up or take an extra move action freeing one of your hands? ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-31, 11:41 AM
((Oh, I didn't think of that. Tamboc'll sheath the longsword first, then open the door. I suppose that rules out that readied action, though. In that case, Tamboc won't call out, and Squaw will keep evading.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-03, 01:48 PM
Tamboc sheathes his sword and moves towards the stable doors. As he reaches to unbar the door, Galen becomes visible a split second before he throws his dagger. The dagger grazes Tamboc's hand (( 4 damage )).

Galen advances, gloating, "I'm glad you can see the gravity of your situation now, but you aren't leaving that easily."

Outside, Squaw continues to engage in evasive maneuvers, with the elemental harrying her. (( Another blow for 4 damage ))

Tamboc quickly lifts the bar despite an attempt by Galen to stop him (( Resists a grapple attack of opportunity (Grapple check (1d20+15=33) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=954660)) )), kicks open the door and calls out for Squaw.

Squaw appears from the right side of the stable, with the elemental hot on her heels (( A whiff this time )).

Galen quickly turns invisible. The other side of the stable door bursts open, and Tamboc feels a thud as something to his left bounces off his armor.

Tamboc runs up and mounts Squaw (( Fast Mount (1d20+12=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=954685) )). They take off. The elemental takes one last parting shot before the magic that summoned it fades, causing it to disappear. Behind them, they can hear Galen scream in frustration.

adanedhel9
2007-04-03, 10:49 PM
With the elemental gone, Tamboc guides Squaw quickly down, but keeping good distance away from Galen. He dismounts in Galen's direction (Quick Dismount [roll0]), and (assuming success on the dismount) uses 30 points of Lay On Hands on himself.

Now, are you going to fight fair?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-04, 10:49 AM
(( So you're not healing yourself? You missed the Ride check by 1. ))

As you fly around, Galen goes back into the stable, only to reappear a few moments later with the torch. He watches curiously as you land.

After you ask, "Now, are you going to fight fair?" Galen tosses the torch between the two of you, and begins to advance.

"Fair? What's that?" His voice begins to take on a growling, more menacing tone as his skin pales, turning gray, and strange protrusions begin to grow from his back and head. "Or by 'Fair' do you mean arbitrarily deciding who is allowed to use the fullest extent of his strength while others must be forcibly restrained? Is that what you mean by, 'Fair,' paladin?!"

As he says this, he reaches the center of the torch-light, having fully transformed into a winged creature with stony skin and horns and claws the size of large daggers.

(( To help figure out what Tamboc can see, I have added a light blue coloring showing the extent of his 30-ft. Darkvision. He can see everything in those areas clearly, though the colors are washed out (not fully black and white because the area is normally shadowy rather than pitch black).

Map Updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=7)))

adanedhel9
2007-04-04, 02:13 PM
((I assumed that Tamboc wouldn't have the time to heal if he missed that check. If he does have the time for it, then he did on that round. If not, he does it at the start of this round.))

((Also, I agree completely with Galen. Tamboc, however, doesn't even understand him.))

A fair fight gives glory to Los. You mock him with your lies.

If Tamboc healed on the last round, then he'll smite-charge Galen.

[roll0], [roll1]

If not, he'll move in a straight line towards Galen.

Oh, and Squaw will take off again, heading high and (hopefully) safe.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-05, 07:30 PM
(( Well, I counted it as a full double move to turn around and land while Galen got his torch. Then you had a full regular turn to dismount and heal yourself if necessary. The fast dismount would have just given you a chance to close in with Galen or take some other move action you hadn't specified. So he can make the charge ))

Tamboc charges ahead, blade once again charged with holy energy. It hits home, carving a chunk of stony flesh from the monster Galen has become.

Galen screams out, "$@!& you!" He suddenly grows to be about Throelg's size. He then lashes out with a claw, which Tamboc neatly sidesteps (( curse you, natural 1! )).

Squaw flies to saftey.

(( Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=8) ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-06, 08:43 AM
Tamboc full attacks:

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-07, 08:49 PM
Tamboc continues to slice away at the creature Galen has become (( two hits! but why do your damage rolls suck? :smallwink: ))

Galen yells out a scream of rage and tears at Tamboc with claws and teeth, and even manages to give Tamboc a nasty cut as he gores him with his horns. (( 1 claw hits for 9 damage, bite hits for 3, and gore hits for 10 )).

(( Map not updated because only change is Squaw being about 60 ft. higher, and that doesn't require a whole new map. ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-09, 07:55 AM
Tamboc continue to slice away:

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-09, 07:22 PM
Tamboc takes yet another slice outta Galen, who is clearly very badly injured by now. (( Only the first attack hits. ))

Galen takes wing (( using the widthdraw action )). He flies away, not more than 10 ft. above the ground. At first, Tamboc thinks Galen is retreating, but he quickly circles back, clearly intending to harry Tamboc from the air with his superior reach.

(( Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=9) ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-10, 09:30 AM
Tamboc 5-foot-steps back, sheathes his sword, and pulls out his shortbow. ((Yes, I realize that he won't be able to shoot with a shield in his other hand. I'll take care of that next round.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-10, 12:47 PM
Tamboc steps back, retrieving his bow. He neatly dodges a slash from Galen's claw as he flies overhead in a tight circle.

Squaw continues to circle above, far enough away to be out of danger, but close enough to aid Tamboc if necessary.

(( Note: Since 10-ft. reach has the exceptional property of not counting the second diagonal for double, I don't believe there is any space within 5 ft. of Tamboc that is not in Galen's threatened space. But I could be wrong. 3-D reach is somewhat difficult. If you can demonstrate otherwise, feel free to do so in the OOC thread. It's bound to be important given your apparent strategy.

Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=10) ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-10, 01:07 PM
((I realize I'll be taking AOO's for doing this. And, yes, the designers needed to work on 3D rules a little bit more.))

Tamboc stows his shield, 5-foot-steps back (not that it does much), and shoots once at Galen.

[roll0], [roll1]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-10, 06:59 PM
Tamboc retreats further back as Galen presses his assault, with several wild and inaccurate swings as he continues to circle around just above Tamboc. (( AoO and regular attack roll spectacurally low and both miss ))

(( Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=11) ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-10, 09:04 PM
5-foot-step back, and fire a full volley

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-11, 08:00 AM
Galen manages to slash Tamboc with one of his claws as he takes aim with the first arrow (( 9 damage )). Despite this, both the first and second arrow hit. Tamboc dodges another claw swipe as Galen flies overhead.

((Map Updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=12) ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-11, 08:05 AM
5-foot-step 'up'wards, then another volley:

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-11, 06:13 PM
(( Did you record that last 9 damage? ))

Once again, Galen manages to claw into Tamboc as he take advantage of the opening presented by Tamboc taking aim (( 6 damage )). And once again, Tamboc manages to empty two arrows into the stony monster.

Being gravely hurt, Galen forgoes any more attempts to attack Tamboc, and retreats, flying above the stable. Though he flies to a position where Tamboc cannot see him, Squaw, even in this dim light can make out his shadowy form perching in the center of the roof.

Tamboc notices that the bartender and two patrons from the Drinkhouse are at the tavern window, observing the fight. ((Spot (1d20+1=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=969922))) There's no telling how long they've been there, however.

(( Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=13) ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-11, 08:13 PM
((I'm fairly certain that I did... but now that I'm looking, I don't see any changes to my arrow count, which I thought I did alongside the HP change. Hmmm, maybe I missed it.))

Assuming that Galen stays put, Tamboc will call Squaw down and give her 15 hp of Lay on Hands. She'll then head back up, circling around Galen at a safe height. Tamboc will head into the tavern and query, loudly enough for anyone to hear,

Now, who here is really in charge?

Let me know if Galen doesn't stay put, so I can respond.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-11, 09:36 PM
As near as Tamboc can tell, Galen does stay put. He doesn't come down and attack while he tends Squaw, anyway.

As Squaw takes off to keep an eye on the malcontent, Tamboc heads for the drinkhouse. As he enters the door, the three occupants look at him with a combination of awe and gratitude. In response to Tamboc's query, the bartender says, "Well, I run the drinkhouse, m'lord. But from your earlier conversation, I presume you mean to find out about Cadwyn. He's the closest thing Villmore had to an official leader. But Galen killed 'im. Claimed he was to weak to be any sort of leader, he did." At this, the two patrons bow their heads out of respect for the deceased.

After Squaw gets to her "safe" altitude, flying about 70 feet up, she has trouble finding Galen in such poor lighting. He either escaped down the other side of the stables while Tamboc was tending Squaw, is using is invisibility trick, or could even be concealing himself in the shadows through mundane means.

adanedhel9
2007-04-12, 09:37 AM
Is there someone else, a churchman or a guard, who could help organize the people?

If there is such a person, Tamboc'll rouse him and fill him in on the situation.

Otherwise, he'll have to do it himself. Is there some sort of meeting bell in the town square?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-12, 04:34 PM
The bartender pauses for a moment. "I suppose people'd listen to Vlodge. He knows everyone. Everyone knows him. Though he's never been much the leadin' type before. Least not when Cadwyn was around."

(( No town bell that you saw on your way in. Most of the homes are too far away to really hear one anyway. ))

Outside, Squaw notices a human-shaped shadow jump from the stable roof and dart into the stable.

adanedhel9
2007-04-13, 12:46 PM
((Hmm, I could've sworn I responded to this last night.))

Well, then let's go get Vlodge.

Once we get him, Tamboc will fill him in on what needs to be done.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-16, 08:01 AM
"Okay," the bartender responds, "It's this way." He heads out the door, pausing a moment to address the two customers, "You two come, too. This concerns us all, I think."

The bartender leads Tamboc to a small house built alongside a knoll at the edge of the town square and begins pounding on its door.

Meanwhile, Squaw notices a tiny, cat-sized shadow dart from the stable door into the shadows outside.

adanedhel9
2007-04-16, 08:35 AM
Continue...

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-16, 09:35 AM
After a minute or so, Tamboc hears a high-pitched but ancient voice from the other side of the door, "I'm coming, I'm coming. Help is on the way..." The door opens. For a moment Tamboc thinks it opened on it's own, until he realizes the voice saying, "Ooh! Come in! Come in! I can get you patched up right away!" is coming from a mouth only level with his thigh. As he looks down, he finds this voice belongs to the shortest, most wrinkled gnome he has ever seen. He gestures at the bartender, "Bring him in, Res. We have to get to those nasty cuts right away. Nasty, nasty." The gnome turns around, to lead you in.

adanedhel9
2007-04-16, 11:13 AM
I'm fine. We need you help preparing this town. My allies and I found a group of refugees not too far from here. My allies are tending to them at the moment, but they should be here by tomorrow. We can use all the help we can get.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-16, 06:58 PM
The gnome turns around, "You're standing there, bleeding all over my front door, and you tell me you're 'fine?' Well, that's a pretty funny definition of 'fine' you have there, sonny. No, no. I'll be the judge of what's fine. That's what ol' Vlodgy's here for, after all." He pauses for a moment, but before anyone can respond, he raises a hand and continues, "And don't worry about your friends. If they aren't getting here 'til tomorrow, we have plenty of time." He reaches for a cloth on a nearby table, and picks it up, letting the light stone underneath shed a bit more light into the room. "Now, comein. Come in. We'll have you patched up in no time."

adanedhel9
2007-04-17, 12:35 PM
I can heal my own wounds, and I will once finish my task. I would prefer that you save your energy for the refugees.

These men tell me that you might be able ready this town and its people for the refugees. Can you, and will you?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-17, 01:02 PM
The gnome scoffs, "Heal yourself? If you can do that, why didn't you do that before coming to me. You're in no condition to take care of anyone else until you've taken care of yourself.

"Anyway, I'm afraid you're wrong about what I can do. I don't know a thing about managing people, sonny. Not a thing."

At this, the bartender interjects, "Neither does anyone else, Voldge. But you have an advantage. People listen to you."

The gnome responds with some indignation,"Listen to me? Of course they listen to me! Half this town would be dead from sickness or injury if they didn't listen to me. But that doesn't mean I'm qualified to do anything else." Voldge turns his attention back to Tamboc, "Just what is it that needs doing, anyway, sonny?"

adanedhel9
2007-04-17, 08:22 PM
A group of refugees are coming here. They need food and shelter until we can get better care for them.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-17, 10:17 PM
"And what do you expect me to do about it? My house is too small and my cupboard too sparse to aid more than a few of these refugees. What are they refugeeing from anyway?"

adanedhel9
2007-04-18, 09:44 AM
They are from Serranton and Carascon. Their homes were burnt by evil-doers, and they were taken as slaves.

You may not be able to support many, but with the help of your townsfolk you should be able to manage. They would only need to stay a few days until more able help can be found.

Your town seems to be short on leaders, but I'm told the people listen to you. You could prepare them to aid these poor people.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-18, 04:44 PM
"Slavers? Since when does that happen anymore? Aren't we supposed to be secure?" Taking note of the crest on your armor, Voldge points an almost-accusing finger at you, "Aren't you supposed to be preventing that kind of thing from happening, eh, sonny?

"Well, I suppose it doesn't matter much now. What's done is done, and all that."

He backs up from the door and begins to pace in the parlor beyond, sometimes going in and out of view behind a human-sized couch as well as the door frame.

"So you want me to rally the people of Villmore, eh? Well, I can't say that's one of my strengths, even if they do listen to me. This isn't life or death for them this time, you know. Really it's something more in line with—GAAHH!" he slaps himself on the forehead in realization, "Was more in line with Cadwyn's ability... Damn that Galen. I think he's gonna cause trouble if you try that."

adanedhel9
2007-04-18, 09:17 PM
Galen shouldn't be a problem. I've run him off, and killed his big friend.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-19, 08:36 AM
(( Tamboc's Diplomacy (1d20+10=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=985275); heck it's really auto-success territory now. :smallsmile: ))

"Ran him off, did ya, sonny? Is that right?" The ancient gnome actually looks past you to Res, the bartender as he says, "Is that right?" and Res nods in confirmation.

"Well I suppose that's a fine excuse for bleedin' all over my threshold. But not for refusin' care. Now, I've been itchin' to go ahead and invite you in—that's only the hospitable thing to do, after all—but I don't hold with people bleedin' all over my house unless they're gettin' patched up. That minimizes the bleeding, you see. Makes it less of a problem for both me and the person doing the bleeding.

"However, you've pretty well got me in a corner with helpin' out here. I want details. But it's chilly discussing them in a doorway. So you're gonna have to come in. But while we discuss, one of us is going to be patching you up, got it, sonny?

"Meanwhile, Res, Zan, and Hodge can go fetch the household heads of this village before they get all settled down and drift off to sleep like I was about to do when you came poundin'."

The bartender and two patrons make nods of acknowledgement. "We'll be right on it, Voldge" says Res. They then take off.

adanedhel9
2007-04-19, 07:00 PM
Tamboc'll use the last of his Lay On Hands for the day on himself, then cast cure light wounds ([roll0]), then make liberal use of his wand of cure light wounds
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
((Ignore any rolls below this. Tamboc can sleep the rest off.))
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

What sort of details do you want?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-22, 08:40 PM
As Tamboc heals himself, Voldge quizes him on what's going on. Where the refugees came from, who the slavers were, what their current needs are, and so on. (( In short, he's shrewd enough to ask about pretty much everything. If there are any details Tamboc wishes to avoid or otherwise omit, let me know. Otherwise, I'll assume the paladin answers everything straight up. ))

Over the course of this conversation, Voldge and Tamboc realize that there will be a major crowding problem. Villmore has a population of around 100, but there are at least 130 refugees.

After an hour or so of discussion, Res the bartender returns, saying he's gathered as many family heads as he could by the Drinkhouse.

When Tamboc returns to the Drinkhouse, he finds about 25 individuals, many of them looking rather disgruntled over being pulled away from home at such a late hour. Upon hearing of the refugees' plight, though, the good-natured hearts of Villmore open up. Still, there are a few people who are pretty dead set against being inconvenienced. But those voices are in the minority, and with a bit of peer pressure from the rest of the village, even they agree to help, however reluctantly.

(( Okay, anything anyone want to do before morning? This goes to the folks on Refugee Detail, too. And, though I glossed over it a little bit, some of you may want to work on some plans to ease the crowding problem... At least once your character becomes aware of it. ))

adanedhel9
2007-04-23, 08:54 AM
((Hmm, too bad none of our spellcasters have any extradimensional spells. 'Though Mab could help make sure everyone sleeps nice and sound :smallamused:

Tianna should probably prepare all of her 3rd level slots and one or two 4th level slots as create food and water so everyone has enough to eat.))

Tarinth
2007-04-23, 11:28 AM
Well, we do have a massive tent in our possession now. That could be home to at least a few families and serve as a food station, although I'm sure the inn/bar could also be a food station as well though it probably cannot handle 130 people.

Entertainer13
2007-04-24, 09:17 AM
Well, as far as Quintar is concerned, between the tent and the village, all will be well. He'll think of something when we get there. Hopefully. :smallyuk:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-24, 02:33 PM
(( Okay. So everyone ready? ))

Night passes. After fixing up and consuming a breakfast made from what edible food could be salvaged from the orc camp, supplemented with some choice create food and water spells from Tianna. the refugees pack up and finish marching to Villmore.

After a few hours, they meet up with Tamboc at the village border.

Tarinth
2007-04-26, 09:11 AM
Hi ya Tamboc. Looks like you got into a scrape. What happened?
Then you recount the story as we travel, and we're all impressed. Hooray.

OK, I assume we're going to the town now unless something happens on the way.

ericoedge26
2007-04-30, 09:39 AM
Azzy can't think of anything necessary that we need to do.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-04-30, 05:58 PM
(( How about overseeing the execution of the refugee housing plan? Assuming, of course, that Tamboc fills you in on it... ))

Tarinth
2007-05-01, 08:52 AM
OK, well I will set up the huge tent. People probably wont want me to go house to house asking for supplies cuz I'm big and scary, so I suggest we have Mab or Tianna do that.

Entertainer13
2007-05-02, 12:51 AM
((Or, you know, Diplo-Tianna and one of the 18 charisma people (Me or Tamb. Preferably Tamb).))

"Tamboc, you were truly valiant here. I applaud your efforts."

Tarinth
2007-05-02, 03:21 PM
Yeah Quint, of course more than one person can go rally support. She can take whoever wants to go. I'm just suggesting stuff cuz nobody has really been posting.

DM, how specific do you want us to get with this thing? It seems like this is going to be a slow proccess. Can we assume that we make whatever diplomacy checks are needed to get food shelter, etc. Our diplomacy is pretty high off the bat without even rolling dice. How resistant are these people?

Also, should we be sending someone, like Tamboc cuz he's fast or myself cuz I'm useless for diplomacy, to find a means of permanent settlement for these people. I guess we need to contact a larger city and get the government involved in resettlement. I feel for these people, but Tarinth would rather leave this in the more capable hands of officials and go kick some evil but. After all, there is a war on and we are spiffy adventurers, not the renaissance red cross.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-02, 09:29 PM
(( The town's already convinced. I was just hoping you'd at least say, "We'll make housing assignments..." I don't need details so much as a token gesture. I'm just trying to give you guys a chance to do something other than make attack and damage rolls. I know the situation was left vague, but I figured you guys would help fill in the details to an extent.

The only folks that you need to potentially worry about making diplomacy checks for are the ones that had to cave into peer pressure, but Tamboc knows who those folks are. Mab and Tianna can automatically smooth things over with them.

In any case, at the very least, I was hoping Tamboc would at least confirm that he's telling the rest of you guys what's going on. He hasn't even responded to your "What's happened?" question. *Hint, hint, Tamboc. Hint, hint.* ))

adanedhel9
2007-05-02, 10:02 PM
((Sorry, after several weeks of posting 2 or 3 times a day on this thread, I guess I needed a little break. I'll try to be a little more active.))

Tamboc's recap of last night's events:

I came looking for help. Galen said he would help, and led me to his big friend. They attacked me. I killed the big guy, and Galen ran away ::scowl::. Then Vlodge helped me get the people ready.

((Hopefully someone thinks to ask Tamboc where the big guy's body is, as he's likely got some nice stuff on him.))

The biggest problem is housing. Tianna can deal with food, disease, healing, etc., at least for the short term. We'll need to assign housing. Each family can probably take 4 or 5 in, probably more if the outbuildings on a farm are used. Keep the sick, injured, weak, old, and young towards the center of town. Try to keep families together.

Once the basics are taken care of, Vlodge and Tianna (and maybe Quintar) should figure out where the best place to get more capable help from. Once they figure that out, Tamboc can head there as a messenger.

Tarinth
2007-05-03, 09:01 AM
again, I appologive for double posting. I don't know why this happened. As usual, I'm so confused. Meow?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-03, 12:49 PM
(( Yeah, I almost forgot about the bodies myself (yes, plural, read on... ) ))

Indeed, while exploring the stable, Tarinth finds a huge corpse. It's a large (to most people, but not to Tarinth anyway) man with tangled black hair, primitive-looking features, and dressed in dirty animal hides.

Also, in the bright light of day, Tarinth finds what appears to be left of the former occupants of the stable behind the building.

Tarinth
2007-05-03, 01:56 PM
Oh, poor horses. Well, I check the corpse over.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-03, 09:46 PM
Well, on the corpse, you find nothing but dirty animal hides and a few parasites.

However, in one of the back stalls, you find a large sack containing...
10 flares
100 silver suns
Two reddish-green stones
A wooden spoon
sewing needle
chunk of cheese
3 candles
drinking horn
lump of wax
cooking pot
bone comb (which, from the state of the corpse's hair, apparently saw little use)
haunch of horsemeat
Most of the items are clearly oversized. The one exception is the wooden spoon.

Tarinth
2007-05-04, 11:51 AM
Well, I'm eating horse meat tonight, if it's not rotten of course. Mmm good.
Did he have a weapon?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-05, 12:01 PM
Nope. Just rags, parasites, and the contents of that bag. Assuming the bag belonged to him, of course.

ericoedge26
2007-05-14, 12:35 PM
((Yay for more keep fund money.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-21, 07:27 PM
(( Are we moving on? ))

Tarinth
2007-06-08, 10:28 PM
Actually, DM, as long as one person believes in the word boni, then it exists as a noun. It would only be true that it is not an english word, and as we all know english is derived from numerous languages and is very fond of breaking its own rules and being highly inconsistent. All vocabulary is subject to change over time and of course is prone to slang which eventually becomes the normal and acceptable vocabulary. Yet I'm sure you know all of this, so why the strange reference at the end of your posts?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-09, 06:19 AM
(( Can we keep Out of Character chatter out of the In-Character thread? ))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-22, 05:40 PM
You are making your way through the deserted streets of Riventon. Now and then, you notice people peaking at you from the other side of windows. Strangely, you encounter no more resistance. You even reach within a few blocks of Kraen's estate, with a strange fortress towering over the cityscape, occupying the mansion's former location, and still the streets remain vacant.

(( Finally! Got a Map (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=0) up! ))

adanedhel9
2007-06-25, 09:29 AM
I think we're close enough for any spell with a 1 minute / level duration or longer to be cast.

From Tamboc:

golden barding (5 hours) on Squaw

delay poison (5 hours) on whoever wants it. I believe Azy has one prepared as well.

From Tianna:

neutralize poison (90 minutes) on Tamboc and Squaw

shield of faith (9 minutes) on herself and two others who want a +3 deflection bonus to AC (doesn't stack with rings of protection).

blindsight (9 minutes) on herself

spell resistance (9 minutes) on whoever wants it. It gives SR 21.

Right before/as battle begins, the plan for Tianna includes:

elation (9 rounds) on everyone. Grants +2 Dex bonus and +10 feet movement speed. (I think, I don't have BoED).

recitation (9 rounds) on everyone. Grants +3 luck bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and AC to everyone who worships Los; otherwise it's a +2 bonus.

Quintar, since you prepared Mab, do you want to run down what she's ready to cast?

Everyone else, who wants the four spells that I don't have targets for yet?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-26, 07:55 AM
(( Elation: +2 morale bonus to Dex and Str, +5 ft. to speed

Mab has a ring of protection +1, but could still use that extra +2 to AC... She really needs to think about better protecting herself...

EDIT And, uh, it seems fire shield (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsFtoG.html#fire-shield) is a round/level spell...

Spell resistance grants SR 12 + Caster Level, so it should grant SR 21

And the only buff spell Mab has is four copies of heroism.

...Have marked the min/level spells cast even though some haven't been assigned targets yet. ))

adanedhel9
2007-06-27, 03:28 PM
EDIT And, uh, it seems fire shield (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsFtoG.html#fire-shield) is a round/level spell...

Hmm, she probably won't cast it then. She's got better stuff to do once the battle starts.

Spell resistance grants SR 12 + Caster Level, so it should grant SR 21

Yeah, I just noticed that myself without seeing your edit.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-27, 09:51 PM
(( Oh, yeah! In addition to the herosims Mab also has the wand of fly, of course! ))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-02, 10:15 AM
(( So...

Anyone want those spells floating around or what?

We have unclaimed:
1 delay poison (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsDtoE.html#delay-poison), maybe 2 if Azadeth has one prepared
1 shield of faith (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsS.html#shield-of-faith), assuming Mab gets one.
1 spell resistance (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsS.html#spell-resistance).
4 heroisms (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsHtoL.html#heroism)
I know you're all gonna take a charge from the wand of fly, of course. ))

adanedhel9
2007-07-05, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Tianna was going to take a heroism. I think Tamboc was as well, but he doesn't really need it, so if someone else wants it, they can take it. I would suggest Tarinth and Azy get the other two.

I just realized we can spread the spells around a little better. Tamboc will cast delay poison on himself and (via Share Spells) on Squaw. That'll free up the two neutralize poisons from Tianna for whoever wants them. I think Tianna should take one, since if she goes down we lose our ability to fight the poison. The weakest versus poison are Chonk, Mab, and Quintar. We'll probably also give Azy's antitoxins to whoever's left that's vulnerable, just in case.

Tarinth
2007-07-06, 08:20 PM
Sounds good. I'll take a Heroism if knowbody wants it.

Entertainer13
2007-10-15, 10:59 AM
Yay, lo the valient Quintar was loathe to, he did dance over the draconic victory, his mighty sword shining as he did. Snicker-snack, snicker-snack... Then did the Warmage look at his allies and say:

"Verily, we shall charge upon our foes within! Nay, we shall not simply charge... we shall crush them!"

And lo, the warrior, he did continue his dance.

:smalltongue: :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-10-22, 08:38 PM
(( Okay, finally! Map is up! (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=1) (Ignore the elevation marker on Tamboc. Forgot it was there and I don't want to correct it right now.)

Do we need a re-cap? ))

Initiative
Tarinth
Guard Captain
Tianna
Quintar
Tamboc
Shadow Elf Apprentices
Guards
Azadeth
Elite Guards
Mab
Head Umbral Warlock
Armored Shadow Elf

Tarinth
2007-10-24, 03:50 PM
Yes, lets recap please. I don't even remember who cast the wind spell or much else. I know we're stomping the elves and the dragon ran cuz we're so awesome, but I thought the big blue dot was guarding someone; Maybe I killed them. I don't really know what our goals are here.
Also, I think I was grounded to stop the wind from affecting my movement, but I don't remember. I know I didn't like the idea of having to move in circlular fashion on the tower though. Besides, just touching the ground doen't end the spell if I need to fly someplace, right.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-10-29, 08:29 PM
Recap:

Everyone buffed up with the appropriate protective spells, including fly. As the party flew to the dark tower, someone magically contacted Tamboc with a telepathic ultimatum that the party surrender or be destroyed. Tamboc refused, and the battle began.

The dragon attacked and quickly discovered its poisonous spittle was no use thanks to the hearty applications of delay poison, neutralize poison, and antitoxin (how obscene can a Fort save get?). However, this only caused the dragon to rely on liberal use of greater invisibility, dimension door, and curses of sickness to confuse the party.

Along with the dragon came a flight of shadow elf warlocks. From the tower also came attacks by shadow elf umbral mages and human archers, several of whom were armed with javelins of lightning. While Tamboc, Azadeth, and Tarinth primarily concentrated on fighting the dragon, the spellcasters whittled away at the warlocks and archers.

Soon, the guard captain took to the sky on winged boots to engage the party directly. He was quickly incapacitated by Mab's use of Tasha's hideous laughter.

Eventually the fight was joined by two more shadow elves. The cloaked one raised her hands to the sky and the air around the tower darkened and became a raging windstorm.

After the dragon was forced to retreat, Tarinth fought his way through the wind and engaged her armored bodyguard, who promptly displayed the ability to grow to humongous size, in battle.

The guard captain has since regained control of himself from Mab's spell and rejoined the battle on the rooftop.

The cloaked elf, her bodyguard, and the guard captain remain relatively fresh to the fight. Unfortunately, certain members of the party are not quite as fresh.

Tarinth
2007-11-04, 04:53 PM
Grrrr. Tarinth proceeds to smite the blue dot cuz it looks like it needs a spanking.

1stMaul (1d20+17=18, 2d8+8=16, 1d4+8=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1361939) (Oops, I gave my +8 strength bonus to both damg rolls so just make the 1d4 a 4 although I highly doubt I hit with a 18 anyway. Stoopid natural one on my biggest bonus...mutter...mutter)
2ndMaul (1d20+12=24, 2d8+8=18, 1d4=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1361946)
Claw (1d20+11=22, 1d6+8=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1361954)

BTW DM, here are all of my bonuses if you're curious. I have metaphysical claw, inertial armor, concealing amorpha, precognitive deffense, biofeedback, delay poison, heroism, elation, and fly.

My current HP is 39 of 73

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-12, 08:37 PM
(( Natural 1 is automatic failure anyway. BTW—you only get half Strength to damage when using claws as a secondary attacks. ))

(( And so you can make the appropriate adjustments on your own turn: The Wind is "Windstorm" level. If you're in the windstorm and are Medium size, make a DC 21 Fort save of be knocked around the circle counterclockwise 2d6 x 10 ft. and take 2d6 points nonlethal damage. If you are Large size, make the save or just be moved 1d6 x 10 ft.

The windstorm extends from 40 ft. above ground level to 80 ft. in the air. ))

The armored elf block's Tarinths blow with his shield. Despite this, one of the blows causes a satisfying crunch as the shield arm is pressed into the elf's ribcage.

The guard captain continues moving towards Tarinth then suddenly stops as if listening to something. He then shouts, "Guard, hold!"

Tianna bravely struggles against the wind to make it above the tower (( Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+8=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1369915) )).

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=1)

Tamboc's Up! Quintar's Up! (Oops, left him off the init. :smallredface: ))

Tarinth
2007-11-13, 02:36 PM
DC21 Fort save vs Windstorm (base 7+2 for Heroism) (1d20+9=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1371335)
ROAR! I am standing strong.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-13, 06:01 PM
(( Uh, Tarinth's not even in the windstorm... :smallconfused:

In any case, make the save on your turn. That's why I provided the direct information. ))

Tarinth
2007-11-13, 11:08 PM
Uh, I thought we were all in it, soo sorry. Besides, I thought that since it was my turn to attack the blue dot I should roll, but whatever. I was just trying to be a good monkey.

Entertainer13
2007-11-14, 01:24 AM
Quintar charges opponent 1, slashing with his long sword.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Isn't a 1 wisdom fun?

Wind Roll: [roll2]

Entertainer13
2007-11-14, 01:26 AM
And since editing is not allowed with the roll system (if id disappeared, roll 23 for attack, 3 for damage, 9 for wind resist)

Here's my sheet, updated. Did I miss anything?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=6750

EDIT

Er, did a will, not fort save v wind. So, I apparently rolled a 3 versus the wind, so 3+10 = 13.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-14, 07:58 AM
(( The only place you cannot edit posts is the special die-rolling forum. Though even in the In-Character and Out-of-Character forums, you cannot add more die rolls when you edit.

Things missing on the sheet: Wisdom damage (put your modified score in the "Temp Score" area). Should have the effects of an elation (+2 morale to Str and Dex, +5 ft. speed) and recitation (+2 luck to AC, saves, and attack) as well. And did you have a delay poison or neutralize poison?

Though you do have a +2 marked in the "Temp modifier" of your basic attack and save sections. Is that from recitation?

By "Opponent #1", I'm assuming "Shadow Elf #1" since that's what's closest. (You don't have a clear charge line to "Elite Guard #1" anyway.) But you're too close to charge, and the wind is blowing you into him anyway, so it's only a charge in flavor. :smallwink: I assume you already added the nonlethal damage, too. Right? ))

Quintar is swept up by the wind. Unfortunately, it's only a glancing blow, leaving a large but minor gash.

(( Tamboc? ))

adanedhel9
2007-11-14, 05:58 PM
((I presume only Squaw needs to make the Fort save?))
((Also, my detailed status info is in my apartment, 900 miles away. So I'm not sure what extra bonuses I have at the moment. For now I'll just run with the numbers I have.))

DC 21 Fortitude Save: [roll0]
Potential Distance: [roll1]x10 ft.

Either way, Tamboc and Squaw will charge Shadow Apprentice #1, passing overhead via Ride-by Attack.

Attack Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3] x2 = 24

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-15, 08:52 AM
Tamboc and Squaw struggle against the wind but manage to fly past the shadow elf Quintar is engaging, opening its side with Tamboc's sword.

The wounded elf retreats to the one area of darkness still open. As it creeps around the middle tower, its own field of darkness begins to light up again. Meanwhile, the other two elves attempt to distract the flying paladin by shooting more of those shadowy arrows at him. Only one finds its target (( 7 nonlethal damage )).

Meanwhile, the human guard that was harassing Tarinth backs off. In fact, all the human guards stop moving towards the fight. They keep their weapons out and keep a cautious eye on the fight, but it's pretty clear they are intend to the shadow elves carry the fight on their own for the time being.

(( Azzy! ))

ericoedge26
2007-11-15, 11:47 AM
Can I attack Shadow Aprentice 1?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-15, 12:25 PM
(( The wind storm makes archery impossible. However, you should be able to move either into the eye or above the storm itself as part of a full move and shoot at the elf without interference. ))

ericoedge26
2007-11-16, 09:35 PM
Alright. I'll move into the eye of the storm and shoot arrows at the nearest target I can. It's hard for me to decifer who I can target.

The only isue is what my modifiers are. I would normally get a +11 on my first two attacks and a +6 on my third, but I can't remember what other bonuses I get with my rolls. I think with bonuses I get an extra +3, but I could be wrong. Just subtract if I added wrong.

Arrow Attacks 1, 2, & 3 (1d20+14=24, 1d20+14=18, 1d20+9=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1377830)
Arrow Damage 1, 2, & 3 (1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1377832)

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-19, 07:56 AM
(( Moving into the eye is a move action, so you would be unable to take a full attack. (At least your Seeking bow ignores concealment... ) ))

Azadeth flies directly into the eye of the storm, seemingly ignoring the wind in his path (( Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+15=35) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1381320) )). Once safely in the eye of the storm, he fires an arrow at the wounded shadow elf and the elf falls.

You notice now that even the more heavily armed human guards with the shinier armor are holding off thei attacks.

Mab is violently blown about buy the wind (( Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+7=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1383048); She ends about 10 ft. behind and 10 ft. to the right of Tamboc. )). Fed up with the wind, she grabs one of the wands by her belts and uses it to add a bit of mass with an enlarge person spell.

The shadow elf in the cloak yells "Jack! What the hell are you doing?!" As she shouts this, she takes a step backward and waves a hand at Quintar.

Quintar feels the magical energy surround him. Suddenly, the spells protecting him begin to fail. And fail violently. For each dweomer that fails, there is a strong and painful magical backlash. He is no longer quite so sure of himself (( elation gone, take 2 damage )), nor does the divine luck seem to be with him (( recitation gone, take 4 damage )). Most horrendously, he falls from the sky (fly gone, 3 damage from spell failing; Reflex Save to Grab Wall (1d20+4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1383116), 16 falling damage )). (( 25 damage total ))

The large armored shadow elf steps back a moment and stares at Tarinth. A loud ringing sound accompanies the mental assault. Tarinth collapses and is reduced to -1 hp (( The result of a psychic crush (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychicCrush.htm); Will Save 17 (I forgot the +4 modifier mentioned in the spell description )).

Tarinth lies unconcious.

The guard captain shouts to the cloaked elf, "They're your responsibility for the time being." He gives a bemused laugh, "Besides, looks like you've got things in hand."

(( [i]Recitation ends. Take off your luck bonuses, everyone! )) Cursing the ill luck, Tianna quickly flies to Tarinth's side. Although this brings her within reach of the armored shadow elf, she nimbly dodges his attempted blow. She plies healing magic into Tarinth's unconcious form (( heals 15 hp )).

(( Make a stabilization check, before applying the healing, Tarinth. It will determine whether you apply the healing to -1 or -2 hp. (Of course, you are still prone.

Quint's Up ))

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=3) ))

Tarinth
2007-11-21, 11:28 AM
Wow, the psychic crush did 40 damage! Holy brainblast batman, that's one nasty wasty wabbit!

Anywho, A stabalization check is 10% on a d10, right?, so here goes.
To stabalize the Big Boss Kitty (1d10=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1385413)

Oh well, 13 hp is still better than poor Quint. I'm fine here Mab, thanks to you. Go see how quint is doing.
Of course, I guess I can't really say that until my turn, but whatever, it's only flavor text.

For future refference, what's it gonna cost me to stand up and attack the blue dot. Do I take attacks of opportunity for standing up in front of him? Do I only get one attack? Also, what are my melee options prone.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-21, 04:21 PM
(( Standing up from prone is a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity. Since it's a move action you'll only be able to take a single attack on the turn you stand up (which won't be until next round, as you were unconcious and trying to stabilize on your turn this round). Being prone inflicts a -4 penalty on both your melee attacks and your AC against melee attacks (though it grants a +4 bonus to AC against ranged attacks).

While prone, you can crawl up to five ft. as a move action, but that also provokes attacks of opportunity.

You can prevent attacks of opportunity by obtaining some sort of cover or total concealment or hoping the shadow elf uses all his attacks of opportunity for the round before your next turn. If you have any powers that can push him away or daze or stun him and you trust your ability to manifest defensively, you could use one of those, too. (P.S. it would be nice if you put your powers on the online sheet, too.)

Of course, your concealing amorpha may provide protection even though it's only partial concealment.

If you're nice, Tianna (she's the one that healed you :smallannoyed:) may provide cover for you. ))

Entertainer13
2007-11-26, 03:42 PM
Quintar rises and prepares to move into a hiding position. Due to the move action it takes for the haversack and to rise, Quint will hold his action.

"Dang..."

((I'm having trouble with Myth-Weavers, so I'll edit my character sheet later)).

adanedhel9
2007-11-26, 07:21 PM
Squaw will touch down momentarily, allowing Tamboc to quickly dismount (Ride check DC 20 [roll0]) onto the tower.

Squaw will then launch forward and up, flying clockwise around the tower. ((Squaw loses delay poison)).

Tamboc will hop down onto the square to the right of the tower (what sort of action is that? I suppose a jump check would be involved... not exactly sure how you want to rule that. Here it is anyway: [roll1]).

If Tamboc is prone at this point, he'll stand up.
If Tamboc is on his feet,

and if he can still move in the whatever action it took to hop down, he'll move up to the Head Umbral Warlock and take a swing. [roll2], [roll3].
and if he just has a standard action left, he'll take a swing at the Armored Shadow Elf. [roll4], [roll5].
and if he just has a move action left, he'll advance on the Head Umbral Warlock.
and if he has no actions left, don't do anything. :smallfrown:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-27, 08:36 AM
As Quintar recovers from his fall, Tamboc bravely dismounts Squaw and leaps 10 ft. down from the tower (( Jumping down is part of movement, a successful Jump check negated the damage so you land on your feet. Plus the armored elf's AoO hasn't refreshed for the round. You're gold! )). He then cuts in to the cloaked elf. The warlock screams, but whether it is in pain or just frustration, none can tell.

The elf on the tower nearest the main fight (( Apprentice #2 )) grabs a second wand from its belt and points it at Tamboc. The area grows dark again.

The other elf (( #3 )) sends another dusk arrow at Azadeth, which hits him in the chest (( 6 nonlethal damage )).

The crowd of human soldiers jeer the combatants on.

(( Azzy's Up! ))

ericoedge26
2007-11-29, 01:30 AM
#3's getting some arrows going his way. I'm not suyre of the penalties I'll have, if any, but again, subtract when necessary.

Arrow Attacks 1, 2, & 3 (1d20+14=26, 1d20+14=22, 1d20+9=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1397649)
Arrow Damage 1, 2, & 3 (1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1397651)

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-29, 09:48 AM
(( I forgot to mention in the last post that Tamboc can tell the wounds he inflicted seemed to close up a bit as he inflicted him. Yeah, she's got DR... ))

The first of Azadeth's arrows gouges a wound the elf's shoulder near the neck. The other does likewise in the shadow elf's side. The whole ordeal leaves the dark creature badly wounded.

Mab fights against the wind to reach Quintar. As she does so, she grabs another wand from her belt. Upon reaching Quintar, she proclaims, "You're no good to us down here!" and touches him with the wand while chanting a quick word of arcane power. (( She has restored Quintar's ability to fly )) "Now, if you hold on, I'll give you a bit of wind resistance."

The cloaked elf engaging Tamboc takes a step back and raises her hands. A torrent of arcane energy issues forth and engulf's Tamboc. It feels to Tamboc almost like he is on fire. (( 30 damage )).

The armored shadow elf takes several swipes at the now-concious Tarinth with his sword. They cut right through Tarinth's concealing curtain of ectoplasm (( Concealing Amorpha 76% and 48% )) On the first strike, Tarinth feels the blade cut in, augmented with the mental power of pure hatred (( 11 damage, not counting biofeedback's reduction—you can track that yourself )). Though the second blow is not augmented in such a way, it still hurts (( 8 damage, once again not counting biofeedback )).

Suddenly, the two minotaurs that retreated earlier phase back up through the ground around Quintar and Mab. They point at the two wizards and one says in halting Common, "You under arrest. Surrender or die!"

"Oh, crap!"

(( Tarinth, please update your sheet with current status effects, or I'm going to forget there there, and you'll be denied their benefit. You're lucky I remembered concealing amorpha and biofeedback. ))

(( Tarinth's up. Since I don't know if he augmented his biofeedback or not, I don't know if he's concious... We might just be waiting for a stabilization check. ))

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=4) Remember, despite appearances, Quintar, Mab, and the Minotaurs are well below the edges of the shadowy area and wind and are therefore currently unaffected. ))

(( Oh, and Tarinth, if by chance you happen to have 1 or more HP remaining, you can take Total Defense while standing up. I consider that to be part of movement. ))

Tarinth
2007-11-29, 01:26 PM
DR 3, so that's 8 and 5 damage for 13, So I'm at 0.

Stabalization check (1d10=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1398123)

Please don't threaten to take my buffs. I told you all my buffs already. The only thing you realy needed to know that I forgot to tell you in my buff post was my AC, which is curently 26. I never had recitation, so until Elation ends, I'm still at that, unless elation ended and I didn't notice, in which case my AC is 25.

adanedhel9
2007-11-29, 01:57 PM
Hey now, I thought we decided that darkness didn't effect daylight.

Quoth the SRD:

Higher level light spells are not affected by darkness.

Tarinth, you don't need to make a stabilization check at HP 0. You're not dying. Yet.

Tarinth
2007-11-29, 02:05 PM
Ok, forget the check. Am I still conscious?

adanedhel9
2007-11-29, 02:24 PM
No, you are disabled (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/injuryAndDeath.html#disabled). Not unconscious, but hurt bad enough that your choices are limited.

Tarinth
2007-11-29, 02:33 PM
OK, thanks for the link. I'll use a single action to use a dorje from a waist sheath.

DORJE! (1d12=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1398199)

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-29, 02:36 PM
(( Okay, I double checked the entry on the effect that produced the dark area. Though the effect is magical, the darkness itself is not. Among other things, this means the effect does not have the Darkness descriptor and that Darkvision operates within the area.

Even if it were magical, "Daylight brought into an area of magical darkness (or vice versa) is temporarily negated (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsDtoE.html#daylight)," and your daylight spell is currently being negated by a previous darkness effect and so should not affect a second one brought into the area.

Since I have been reminded that Darkvision works in the area, I suppose I could let you know that you can see the flow of blood from the head warlock's wounds seems to be slowing a bit more quickly than they should. ))

(( Tarinth—Tamboc's right. You are merely disabled (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/injuryAndDeath.html#disabled). ))

Tarinth
2007-11-29, 02:38 PM
Right, and if the dorje is a standard action, then I take one more point of damage to initiate it, puting me at 8 hp.

Gosh, this is just like my group now. Up, down, healed, down, healed, down, etc. add nausium.:smallbiggrin:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-30, 08:26 AM
(( Given that the target is yourself and it's technically touching you, I can give you not having to fully unsheathe your dorje. But I think you still need a hand free to actually grasp the handle. ))

While the human guard captain continues to hold off from the battle, he appears to be studying the unfolding events quite intently.

(( Elation ends. ))

Tianna casts another healing spell into Tarinth (( heals 20 damage )). As she does so, the armored elf tries to take advantage of her lowered guard, but swings wide (( Tianna: saved by the natural 1! )).

After healing Tarinth she says to Tarinth, "All my useful magic's gone! I can't keep up with this. We have to get out of here!". Though she tries to say it just loud enough for only Tarinth to hear over the din of battle, it is obvious from the armored figures's grin he overheard it.

Tianna then flies over Tarinth in an attempt to give him some cover to get up without threat from the elf.

ericoedge26
2007-11-30, 09:24 AM
((What effects did Elation have?))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-30, 09:30 AM
(( +2 morale bonus to Str and Dex, +5 bonus to speed. ))

(( Quint ant Tamboc are up, BTW... ))

Tarinth
2007-11-30, 02:19 PM
(( Given that the target is yourself and it's technically touching you, I can give you not having to fully unsheathe your dorje. But I think you still need a hand free to actually grasp the handle. ))

Well, I don't think being prone will hinder me in grasping the droje. Anyway, under the link from Tamboc, it said i could take a partial action or a full standard action and lose one hp. Which is this? One HP doesn't bother me to much, unless the dragon comes back and kills me of course, LOL.:smallwink:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-30, 02:35 PM
(( Being prone won't be a problem, but a maul in one hand and a shield in the other will pose a problem.

Activating the dorje is a standard action.

Drawing it is a semi-move action. Since I'm letting you not have to draw it all the way, we can fold that as part of the same standard action as activation. ))

Tarinth
2007-11-30, 02:43 PM
Ok, so since it can be assumed that I dropped my maul, when i fly Away, I'll have to sacrifice a half move to pick it up. Also, since I'm techinically under the power of a fly spell, can I just pick up my maul and fly starting from prone. If not, it'll take me a full round just to stand up and pick up my maul, which is kinda silly and then it's gonna get ugly for me, but I understand if you must.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-30, 03:00 PM
(( Oh, yeah. Fly. Hm. Magical Flight. Yeah, you should be able to move right from prone just fine without spending an action to stand up.

You can still provoke Attacks of Opportunity for leaving threatened squares, however. ))

Tarinth
2007-11-30, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I knew I'd get a parting love tap, but at least I've got 28 hp now thanks to Tianna.

Entertainer13
2007-12-04, 02:24 PM
Quintar takes out his potion of Cure Mod and downs it, sighing.

[roll0]

adanedhel9
2007-12-04, 02:52 PM
Tamboc 5-ft. steps toward the Head Umbral Warlock and uses his last smite:

[roll1]

Then continues his full attack:

[roll]1d20+14; 1d8+5
1d20+9; 1d8+5

Squaw flies over the the armored shadow elf and nips at him as she passes, then uses the rest of her move to turn counter-clockwise around the tower.

[roll2] (flanking higher ground bonuses included)
[roll3]

adanedhel9
2007-12-04, 02:54 PM
Since I can't edit rolls in, the rest of Tamboc attacks are:

[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-04, 05:37 PM
The minotaur closest to Quintar (( #1 )) yells, "That not surrender!" and swings his hammer at the potion in Quintar's hand (( Sunder AoO provoked by drinking a potion )).

Quintar reflexively lifts the sword in his other hand in defense, grazing the minotaur's arm (( AoO provoked by Sunder AoO (1d20+6=18, 1d8+1=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1406790) )), but it is all for naught as the vial is broken before it reaches Quintar's lips.

The cloaked figure screams under Tamboc's righteous onslaught. The fury of each connecting blow would have been enough to bring her down if it weren't for the shadowstuff surrounding her, constantly mending her wounds as they are inflicted.

Squaw successfully grazes the armored elf who was distracted by Tarinth and Tianna.

The shadow elf on the tower behind the cloaked leader (( #2 )) yells at Tamboc, "Drop!". Tamboc feels a dark influence attack his mind, but he fights it off. (( Will Save (1d20+11=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1406944) ))

The other one appears to fiddle with something on his hands and says, "Protect from weapons."

The crowd of humans seem to be enjoying the show immensely.

(( Azadeth's turn. ))

Entertainer13
2007-12-06, 03:37 PM
I thought I was flying again. How's the minotaur reaching me?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-06, 04:52 PM
(( She cast fly, but you weren't up in the air yet. You haven't even had a turn to get off the ground.

Since you were apparently confused, I guess I can offer a take-back. ))

ericoedge26
2007-12-06, 08:00 PM
((Sorry this is so late.,..this week has sucked.))

Azzy's gonna shot some more arrows at shadow apprentice 3 and if he goes down after any of them I'll shoot at #2.

Arrows 1, 2, & 3 Attack (1d20+13=17, 1d20+13=18, 1d20+8=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1411014)
Arrows 1 & 2 Damage (Attack 3 was a 1) (1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1411019)

Entertainer13
2007-12-06, 08:31 PM
(( She cast fly, but you weren't up in the air yet. You haven't even had a turn to get off the ground.

Since you were apparently confused, I guess I can offer a take-back. ))

((How about no, sense that would be lame :smalltongue: ))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-07, 05:37 PM
(( Okay, then we'll blame it on your abysmal Wisdom. ))

The shadow elf anticipates Azadeth's first shot and dodges out of the way. The second arrow flies true to his chest, but at the last moment a shadowy substance surrounds the elf for a brief moment, and the arrow bounces off harmlessly. Distracted by that sight, Azadeth misaims his last arrow, and it goes wide.

Dropping one of the wands, Mab begins to cast a spell, prompting the second minotaur to yell, "Yeah! That not surrender, too!". Mab manages to keep bobbing and weaving to avoid giving the Minotaur an opening (( Casting daze monster defensively (1d20+13=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1412283) )). She feels the magic fade as it fails to take hold. She curses, panics and tries to fly away anyway, but the minotaur was ready for that and drops his hammer and grabs her, keeping her from getting away.

The cloaked elf carefully withdraws, moving away from Tamboc and taking to the air, circling to the other side of her bodyguard.

Coming to his mistress's aid, the armored elf yells, "Die!" and lunges at Tamboc. Tamoc uses this lunge to his advantage forcing the elf to cut himself on Tamboc's sword (( AoO Provoked by Bull Rush (1d20+18=24, 1d8+5=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1412318) )). Tarinth also tries to use the situation to his advantage, but his claw only scratches metal (( AoO provoked by Bull Rush (1d20+13=14, 1d6+7=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1412329) )).

The elf pushes Tamboc back (( Strength to Resist Bull Rush (1d20+4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1412358) )). He tries to push Tamboc up and over the small wall surrounding the edge of the roof, but Tamboc is able to brace against the wall and keep himself from going over (( Brace Against Wall (1d20+4=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1412367) )).

The minotaur that smashed Quintar's potion says, "You no surrender? Then die!" He swings his hammer around, clipping Quintar in the head (( 23 damage )). Quintar falls, and the Minotaur raises his hammer to pulverize the unconcious body, but suddenly stops. He tilts his head a moment as if listening to something. Then he bends down and picks Quintar up.

Seeing this, Mab screams in incohherently.

(( Tarinth, you're up.

Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=5) ))

Tarinth
2007-12-08, 12:07 PM
Well, I guess running away like scardy cats is no longer an option, and it looks like the minotaurs are moving into capture mode. Anyway, since I'm unaware of that situation, I'll help out Tamboc. It'll take me a move action to pick up my maul, right, which will leave me one good attack for the big blue dot assaulting Tamboc. Since I''m flying, the prone thing shouldn't be an issue with a five foot step to change my position to an upward stance. If I'm wrong, I can edit later.
Maul vs. Big Blue (1d20+18=37, 2d8+7=22, 1d4=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1413744)
I hope I get that attack, but if I can't attack for some reason, then I'll pick up my maul and fly to the edge of the tower and down a bit as much as my movement allows so the baddies on the tower can't see me.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-09, 04:39 PM
(( Magical Flight, plus being sufficiently high off the ground... No, I don't think being "prone" will matter. At that point, I don't think it even technically qualifies as "prone." Your five foot also has to take you up one square to the north on the map (five footing at an angle) because Tianna is in your way. ))

Focusing his attention on Tamboc, the armored elf pays Tarinth no heed and leaves himself wide open for assault. He realizes his mistake a moment too late, turning his head just in time to see a maul sheathed in psychic energy. The face guards on his helm make a satisfying crunch, and the elf collapses.

Seeing this, the human guard captain actually laughs out loud, and says, "Oooh! Looks like you're in trouble now, Krystille!"

Tianna gives the captain a puzzled look but doesn't dwell on it. She shouts out, "Okay! Now, we're getting all nine hells out of here!"

As she flies out to the wind, she looks down to check on Mab and Quintar.

"S***!!"

She dives downward, grabbing her wand of magic missiles and pelting the minotaur holding Quintar with the last two missiles in the wand. (( Magic Missiles (1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1415858); Fort save against wind was a success at 26 or 27, but I lost the page, and the lookup search is taking forever ))

Though she doesn't give Tarinth or Azadeth any details (Tamboc can look over the edge and see for himself), the severity of the situation is conveyed by the usually mild-mannered Tianna's uncharacteristic choice of word.

(( Quintar's and Tamboc's Turns ))

adanedhel9
2007-12-09, 10:30 PM
Tamboc takes a peak over the edge, sees the situation, and yells out,

Tarinth! Help them! I'll follow!

Squaw!

Squaw wheels over the central tower, taking a swipe at the head warlock as she passes overhead. [roll0]; [roll1] Squaw then lands on top of the elf warrior, and Tamboc mounts.

Entertainer13
2007-12-10, 01:47 AM
((I'm unconcious, so, uh... drool?))

Entertainer13
2007-12-10, 01:49 AM
Oh, yeah, stabalize - [roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-10, 07:54 AM
(( Uh, stabilization is just a flat 10%... ))

Squaw's claw grazes the head warlock before she lands and Tamboc crawls into the saddle.

Enraged, the shadow elf nearest Tamboc lets out with more of those shadow bolts from its wand. The bolt grazes Tamboc (( 6 nonlethal damage )).

Equally enraged, but not to the point of realizing it cannot look after itself, the other, heavily injured one, takes a vial from its belt and downs the contents. It then tries to gracefully jump down from the tower to the main level, but it lands wrong and falls to the ground.

The human guards are getting a little shifty, but they are reprimanded by their captain, "Steady. We're not taking them yet. The clean up crew is on its way."

(( Azzy's turn ))

Entertainer13
2007-12-10, 06:10 PM
[roll0]

I thought stabilization was a little higher than 10%... guess I'm smoking something.

ericoedge26
2007-12-12, 01:20 AM
I'll do the usual attacking of #3 and then if he goes down I'll attack #2.

Attacks 1, 2, & 3 (1d20+13=14, 1d20+13=19, 1d20+8=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1421372)
Damage 1, 2, & 3 (1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1421375)

Edit: I guess by the look of attack 1, I lose the other 2 attacks.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-14, 02:09 PM
Intent on finishing off one last elf, Azadeth disregard's Tianna's cries for the time being.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to hit a prone figure from this angle, and the fallen elf is able to duck under all three incoming arrows.

The earth minotaur that grabbed Mab starts to squeeze her, delivering a big bear hug. Mab is unable to hold out against the pressure and passes out (( Resist Grapples (1d20+9=21, 1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1426457) )). Seemingly satisfied with this, the minotaur begins to phase through the ground, carrying Mab with him.

Realizing that the group is retreating, the cloaked elf grants herself the luxury of taking in her own healing potion as she slowly hovers over the central tower.

The earth minotaur carrying Quintar phases through the ground and out of sight, carrying his injured prisoner with him.

Suddenly, a figure cloaked in brown and surrounded in a strange red glow seems to materialize out of the air behind the cloaked elf. Sensing his presence, she turns around and exclaims in surprise, "Ferian?! Decided to join us? Hurry up! They're gonna get away! And Jack's not pulling his weight..."

To those who can hear it, last sentence trails off as the newcomer seems to simply glare at the warlock.

(( Tarinth's up. ))

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=6) ))

Tarinth
2007-12-14, 02:59 PM
Well, so much for saving Quint and Mab. If i fly away, I'll just get blasted with spells, so what the heck, lets go out strong. I guess I'll five foot step and make a full attack on the head umbral warlock now in front of this Falian fellow and as I advance I will give a quick look to the penut gallery and yell to them, If you want to be rid of these usurpers, you will have to fight with us! If they bum rush the mages, we'll be good to go, not that it's likely, but again, what the heck.
1st Maul (1d20+18=35, 2d8+8=13, 1d4=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1426549)
2nd Maul (1d20+12=22, 2d8+8=16, 1d4=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1426550)
Claw (1d20+11=22, 1d6+8=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1426551)
Hopefully that stings a little bit.:smalltongue:

Edit: I just looked at the map again and noticed she's on an elevated level ten feet above me, so I guess i'll probably just get the one attack by flying up to her which will be about seven feet, but ascending there will take double movement, right? Shoot, I don't think we can get out of this unless we kill about one of them per round now and escaping without the others would put a rescue op in pretty ugly shape.. Looks like we all get to do a jail break in the near future.:smallwink:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-14, 03:53 PM
(( Uh, was Tarinth making the decision to attack Krystille based on Quintar and Mab going down? I don't think he could see that happen where he was... ))

Tarinth
2007-12-15, 01:11 PM
He based his desicion on reinforcements ariving. He's thinking about taking a hostage next round if he can grapple the umbral warlock or just pick her up if she goes unconscious. Hopefully she's important enough.

Anyway, it would be unlikely that i could save Quint and Mab, then fly out of this huge courtyard, witch would probably all take about three or four rounds at the very least, and make it out with three spellcasters firing away at me during all that. Azy and Tamboc have a good chance of getting out if i provide distraction. Seriously, if i miss a save, the first spell will take me out, while Azy still has great HP. I would rather be unconscious on the tower than sixty feet above ground holding an unconscious Mab who would fall to her death, followed by myself when the spell disapates.

Edit: Never forget, your talking to the guy who waved his maul as a form of nonverbal diplomacy here.:smallbiggrin:

To post below: Yeah sure thing boss.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-15, 01:20 PM
(( Just checking. The way you phrased it, I was uncertain. And I thought it was wierd enough that it wasn't just me being anal retentive about OOC knowledge... ))

(( Actually, her level's only 5 ft. above yours. Square-wise, it would probably count as a 5-ft. step across all 3 dimensions, but you only have good maneuverability, which penalizes movement upwards by half, so it actually counts as 15 ft. of movement (since it's on a diagonal). If you could get yourself perfect maneuverability, which lets you ascend at full speed, you'd be set. ))

Though distracted by the newcomer, Krystille senses Tarinth's surprise assault and manages to dodge so the maul only grazes her, though she is badly burned by the psychic energy.

Jack, the guard captain laughs at Tarinth's plea.

Tianna yells, "No! You are not taking her!" and flies down towards the sinking earth minotaur. She grabs at Mab's limp hand and tries to pull her away, but the minotaur is to strong and does not yield (( 'Disarm' attempt (1d20-1=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1428593) )).

(( Quint—go for a stabilization check. Tamboc's Up. ))

Tarinth
2007-12-16, 02:25 PM
Oh My Gods!! She beat AC 35!:smalleek: I am so screwed, I mean even more so than before anyway. There ought to be a smily face for terrified cuz a pink eek face just doesn't cut it. Now what's this about grazed by psychic energy? Did part of my attack hit her or something? I am unfamiliar with the system and rarely catch hidden refferences to damage reduction and stuff like that.

Also, a bunch of questions. What kind of a grapple check do i need to take hold of the Head Umbral Warlock next round and is she armed with any apparent weapons that might hurt me when I do so? Can I do that smother thing like the Minotaurs did to Mab? After a grapple could I still do a half move to the tower edge and threaten to throw her off?

adanedhel9
2007-12-16, 02:44 PM
Oh My Gods!! She beat AC 35! I am so screwed, I mean even moreso than before anyway. There ought to be a smily face for terrified cuz a pink eek face just doesn't cut it. Now what's this about grazed by psychic energy? Did part of my attack hit her or something? I am unfamiliar with the system and cannot understand hidden refferences to damage reduction and stuff like that.

((I'm pretty sure it is damage reduction. Basically, she's tough enough that she will absorb most forms of physical weapon damage. But the psychokinetic part of the maul isn't effected by damage reduction. So even though all or most of the maul damage was negated, you still did damage.))

Come on, Tarinth!

Tamboc and Squaw fly down to the minotaur and attempt the same thing that Tianna just did. ((I'm not quite sure what bonuses should be involved here; I presume the minotaur is Large, and thus the same size as Squaw; I also presume that we're both working with the same variety of implements (claws vs. hands) so the penalties/bonuses should even out.)) [roll0]

Also, if Tamboc can without risking Mab, he'll stab the minotaur as well. [roll1], [roll2]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-16, 04:04 PM
(( She's sufficiently injured and sufficiently frail that any damage done by the maul that doesn't drop her below 0 hp has got to be the type of hp represented by luck or other factors other than the meat on her bones. Especially when the damage is done by a freakin' huge hammer.

Of course, I have pointed out enough earlier to show that she has some form of DR that is not overcome by magic weapons, too. So Tamboc's also right on that. But she did take most of the maul damage.

Rules on Grappling (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/specialAttacks.html#grapple). The bear hug was just a description of using a grapple check to deal nonlethal damage. And she's been flying, so throwing her off the tower might not really do much.

She's been zapping everybody—particularly Tamboc—with her magic, though a scabbard holding a rapier is visible at her side. In short, no weapons that that are ready to make any attacks of opportunity.

Tamboc: Claws would take the -4 penalty for a disarm attempt with a light weapon. Fortunately, it's still holding onto its hammer, so it doesn't count as "wielding" mab 2-handed.

Oh, and to reach the minotaur, you do have to cut through the wind: Fort Save vs. Wind (1d20+8=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429710). ))

Tamboc and Squaw dive off the main tower. Though they are blown a bit off course by the wind storm (( Blown Back (1d6*10=30) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429713) )), they right themselves and dive right through.

Tamboc's sword bites into the minotaurs shoulder, but doesn't really cut deep through the tough sinew.

Squaw attempts to grab Mab from the minotaurs grasp, but it is able to grab her away a moment too soon.

The prone shadow elf looks up at Azadeth and closes its eyes. Suddenly shadows rise up from the tower roof, absorb the elf and disappear. Though to Azadeth's eyes, that is the end of things, Tarinth can make out a shadowy shape form in the dark area behind the tower at which that elf was previously stationed.

The shadow elf remaining on the tower growls at Azadeth, "Flee!". Azadeth feels a dark, shadowy influence attack his mind, but he is able to shake it off (( Will Save (1d20+8=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429733) )).

The guard captain stops laughing and says to his men "Kill that filthy, dark traitor," while pointing at the shadow elf that mentally assaulted Azadeth. The guards look amongst themselves somewhat puzzled, but puzzlement gives way to a few grins as they quickly step forward and loose a volley of arrows at it. Though the semi-solid shadows surrounding the elf deflect most of them, one manages to penetrate the protection and take some flesh with it.

(( Azzy's up...

You know, you don't have your conditions up for Azzy, either.

And I don't think Tarinth's "current hp" box is accurate... ))

ericoedge26
2007-12-17, 03:34 PM
((Seriously, anyone have an suggestions? I'm drawing a blank here.))

Tarinth
2007-12-17, 04:19 PM
Got me? My intension of taking a hostage is probably a desperate bid of stupidity at the very least, while the best option is running away with Tamboc. Do whatever you want. Apparently the guards have a desire to kill the dark elves but won't help, which is odd considering they will probably be severely punished for their dissobediance and creative interpretation of command word Flee.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-17, 05:59 PM
(( Well, you could see what Tamboc and Tianna are makin' such a big fuss about. (Though I'm not certain you have enough speed to get down and give one last attempt at wresting Mab away...)

Tarinth: double check who was ordered to flee. ))

ericoedge26
2007-12-18, 09:24 PM
((I suppose that would be a good idea.))

Azadeth goes to see if he can figure out what the fuss is about. If I can make it there I'll help, but I don't think I can in one turn.

Tarinth
2007-12-18, 11:45 PM
I know Azadeth was ordered to flee, but the guards are attacking a dark elf, right. What am I missing?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-19, 12:05 AM
(( Okay, I think I misinterpereted what you were getting at with the "creative interpretation" bit. ))

(( Stabilization check for Quintar (1d100=83) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1435644). ))

Azadeth flies down. But the wind blows him off course (( Fort save vs. Wind (1d20+15=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1435595); Blown away 70 ft.; 7 nonlethal damage )) By the time he reaches the Minotaur, he's too late, as he sinks into the ground, carrying the enchantress with him.

Even the elite guards join in peppering the shadow elf.

Taking everything that's going on, the cloaked elf says, "What?! No!, though the "No!" seems almost to be a response to the newcomer who hasn't actually spoken a word since his arrival. She carefully withdraws from combat then turns tail, sailing high and over the winds she summoned earlier.

The new comer frowns. He then also rises up, semingly making to give chase. But only a short ways up, he stops and the shadow elf mysteriously falls from the sky. He then turns, and gives Tarinth a piercing stare.

Tarinth hears a cold voice ringing through his head—not carried via his ears, but entering his brain directly, "Thank You, Tarinth, but our men are free. I think it's time we all had a little chat."

Though he's not concious to appreciate the fact, something happens to heal Quintar of 7hp, stabilizing him.

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=7) ))

(( Tarinth's up. ))

Tarinth
2007-12-20, 05:36 PM
Tarinth watches in amazement as as the head umbral warlock drops from the sky. In his mind he says Yeah, in your debt and all. Can ya get us outa here?. He then charges the Dark elf that is not being pelted by arrows as he yells Tamboc, Azadeth, don't go! Our luck has changed!

Charging Maul (1d20+16=25, 2d8+10=18, 1d4=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1438137) I don't know if charging is still -2 att and +2 dmg. If not, then please adjust accordingly.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-01-07, 11:28 PM
It was all a trick. You only got as far as you did due to Rakeri's curiosity. Then, after wearing you down in combat, he sprung his reinforcements. Between the not-quite-subtle threats of the telepath Ferian and the resignation his high-ranking hostage and Threnacian herald Jareth, you were forced to surrender. Hinting that you may make your way from simple prisoner to "guest" (a diplomatic way of saying "prisoner with comfortable quarters"), you have been taken into the strange fortress, with the promise of a debriefing/interrogation for the next day.

Naturally, all your gear has been confiscated as well.

The dungeon doors open to a balcony over a large pit-like area with individual cell blocks. You will be given general run of the place. Given the coup, the dungeon seems strangely empty.

Upon stepping down the first step to the pit, you realize the dungeon was designed to hold magically-endowed prisoners as you feel the various magics clinging to your bodies fade. When the last of you reach the bottom of the stairs, the guard pulls a lever, and some mechanical device causes the stairs to retract into the wall.

It is not long before you find Mab looking over Quintar's semi-concious body. Her familiar Mipsy is wrapped around her shoulder. Upon seeing you Mab grows horrified but can only manage a quiet, "Oh, no..."

More alarmingly, Tianna breaks out into sweats as the magic that held back the effects of the poison she had been drenched with during the battle fails.

Tarinth
2008-01-10, 03:19 PM
Tarinth will help her over to a bench so she can lay down. Then, he will shout at the door were the stairs retracted for medical aid unless someone has a better idea for curing her without magic or healing supplies.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-01-10, 05:15 PM
Somewhat weakly, Mab says, "Don't worry, Tare. Just a bit groggy. And surprised to see you all here."

Tarinth
2008-01-10, 09:26 PM
Yeah, so are we. I proceed to sumarize our situation.

adanedhel9
2008-01-10, 09:33 PM
((Azy has anti-toxins, right? Tianna will need them.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-01-11, 09:02 AM
(( Blargh... I forgot about Tianna, hence having Mab react... :smallredface:

Anyway... gear was confiscated... Poison Treatment Heal checks could help, though. ))

Tarinth
2008-01-19, 11:38 PM
Soooo...did they confiscate my large sized playing cards. I want to play solitare until someone evil shows up to talk to us about turning to the dark side.

ericoedge26
2008-01-20, 01:12 PM
Azzy has 2 antitoxins ready to be used if needed.

((By the way, what am I going to do about leveling up Azzy?))

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-01-20, 03:22 PM
They even took the playing cards. But they might be convinced to give them back after they've been inspected.

(( Oy, yeah. You still around, ericoedge? If not, I can PM you some of the necessary info. ))

ericoedge26
2008-01-22, 10:01 PM
((Sorry to say I am back at school. I should be able to figure out what I need to do if you just give me some specific directions.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-01-22, 11:36 PM
(( Already sent a Private Message (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/private.php). ))

Entertainer13
2008-01-23, 11:09 AM
Quintar moans and drools a little!

ericoedge26
2008-01-24, 11:53 AM
New, not as ugly Azzy :P just kind of sits there.

Tarinth
2008-01-29, 02:50 PM
Tarinth pokes Mr. Drooly to see if he's asleep or unconsious. Upon finding him unconsious, he goes into a corner and do some more waiting for our evil captors. If nobody comes to get us in a day or two, Tarinth starts singing bad mournful goblin drinking songs that Chonk taught me so hopefully our captors will become so vexed that they pay us a visit.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-01-29, 08:11 PM
Sadly, the antitoxins were with the confiscated gear. Fortunately, Tamboc is able to take care of Tianna just well enough to keep her relatively stable. It's a close call but it looks like Tianna'll pull through.

In the morning, Tianna's still doing rather poorly, but she's definitely stable. Quintar also wakes up in the wee hours.

(( Every one, heal up for a night of rest (that is 1 hp per hit die. Just to be nice, that'll include the recently gained one..) ))

adanedhel9
2008-01-30, 09:23 PM
Did we see where they took our stuff? I'm not such a fan of a naked charge to the store room, but it might be possible.

I suppose we should at least wait for the "debriefing" we've been promised before doing anything rash.:smallbiggrin:

ericoedge26
2008-01-31, 03:10 AM
I'd say stay for the debriefing. Not really my favorite alternative, but I don't really see any better options.

Tarinth
2008-01-31, 02:24 PM
Yeah, let Quint and I be the rash ones. Any more than that, and the party will be doomed.:smallbiggrin: Speeking of ugly rashes, that Jareth guy needs to be clawed out. I call dibs.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-01, 08:48 AM
About mid-morning, you hear the door on the balcony open. You then hear Jareth's voice (( Speak o' the baatezu... )), "You have half an hour to prepare your thoughts. We'll begin the debriefing then."

Tarinth
2008-02-01, 09:52 AM
Prepare our thoughts eh. What a funny thing to say to a spychic warrior. Tarinth goes into a quiet corner and gains his mental focus for the day. Wait, can I even do that in this room, probably not. I guess I'll just meditate.

EDIT: So, um, lets prepare our thoughts. I'm no diplomancer:smallwink: , and i doubt Tamboc should do the talking. However, since we don't want Shhalahr to talk to himself, we should figure out how Tianna, Mab, and possibly Quintar if he's coherent enough despite his injuries are going to talk our way into some arangement that doesn't have us hung in the gallows by nightfall. I guess we could ask to return to our keep to keep the peace in that region until the revolution is over, but I doubt they'll agree to anything so silly.

Tarinth
2008-02-06, 02:52 PM
Ok, since nobody has any bright ideas, lets just wing it and pretend our half hour is up.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-06, 08:29 PM
After half an hour, Jareth arrives with several guards. They extend the staircase.

"Alright. It's time."

Though it is certainly good to get out of the dungeon, the rest of the fortress isn't much of an improvement. The surroundings are mostly cold, black stone with light provided by magical heatless torches.

As Jareth leads the group up a flight of stairs he warns everyone, "Now there's going to be an exchange of information going on. Ferian will ask you questions. You'll have a chance to ask him some questions.

"Now the problem is that Rakeri is not sure what to make of you yet. Being that this is a time of transition for us all, he wishes to be cautious and be sure of the intentions of all people he is dealing with. That is to say, the debriefing has been prepared with a number of enchantments so that that every word uttered is the truth.

"I tell you this because you will feel the enchantment as you enter, and it is possible to fight it. However, it is best for us all if you don't. Do you understand?"

(( OOC Translation: You will be subject to one or more effects that allow a Will save. Jareth is asking you to voluntarily fail those saves. ))

Tarinth
2008-02-07, 02:38 PM
BS, now way. There is no way for an observer to tell if I made my saves or not, so screw Jareth.:smalltongue:

What saves do you want us(or just me if others agree) to make as we enter the room?

adanedhel9
2008-02-07, 02:46 PM
Tamboc nods and will willingly fail his saves.

Tarinth
2008-02-07, 03:00 PM
((Ack, NOOOOOOO. Poor Tamboc and poor us.))

I try to look nonshalant as i save BTW. However, I never lie about allowingthe spells, so a thought occurs. Do I need a bluff check, cuz if i do, I'm in trouble.:smallsigh:

Entertainer13
2008-02-08, 01:43 AM
Quintar fails his saves for no man.

ericoedge26
2008-02-09, 12:51 PM
Azzy doesn't seem too keen on the idea on failing his saves. What sucks is that Tamboc will so we have the problem of contradiction.:smalleek:

Tarinth
2008-02-11, 10:44 AM
We can still have differing opinions without contraditions.

Anyway, what saves do we need to make Boss?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-11, 01:44 PM
(( Well, if you want to make the roll yourself, since you know it's coming... Give me a couple rolls each for mind-affecting compulsions and mind-affecting non-compulsions. Azadeth gets the elven +2 vs. enchantments on all of them. Not saying exactly how many you need or what their DCs are. They've tipped their hand enough as it is. :smallwink:

Otherwise, I'll roll for you and do an honest update by tomorrow morning. ))

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-12, 10:23 AM
(( Azadeth: Will Saves (1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=25, 1d20+9=29, 1d20+9=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490523/)
Quintar: Will Saves (1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490524/)
Tarinth: Will Saves (1d20+9=29, 1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490526/)
Mab: Will Saves (1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=12, 1d20+9=26, 1d20+9=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490530/)
Tianna: Will Saves (1d20+10=16, 1d20+10=17, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490531/)

Number of rolls does not necessarily reflect number of effects. ))

After climbing several stories—must be on the 3rd or 4th floor of the tower by now—Jareth leads the group down a hallway. Though still quite gloomy, there has been some token attempt to nicen this level up, as there is a narrow purple carpet on the floor, cushioning everyone's steps. He leads everyone to a heavy oak door. He opens it and gestures for everyone to step inside.

Entering the room, everyone can feel the enchantments Jareth mentioned take effect. There's a slight buzzing feeling towards the front of the head closley followed by a more intrusive but unidentifiable presence. Both Azadeth and Tamboc are suddenly aware that while in this room they cannot speak anything they know to be a lie.

The room itself is rather sparsely furnished. A simple rectangular table with two chairs on the far side and five chairs on the side near the door from which everyone entered. The five chairs are not evenly spaced, leaving a large margin on the table's left side. Much like the hallway, this room is padded with a purple rug. Behind the table stands Ferian, dressed in a brown robe and red tunic. Further behind him is a door flanked by two guards, much like the other two guards that flank the door the party entered through.

Ferian gestures at the five chairs nearest the group. That cold voice once again rings in everyone's head, 'Please, sit.'

Tarinth
2008-02-12, 03:01 PM
Well, since I can't use a chair, I'll stand, thank you very much.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-12, 07:24 PM
From behind, you hear Jareth respond, "Yes, we anticipated that." He gestures at the empty spot at the end of the table as he closes the door behind him.

Tarinth
2008-02-12, 08:53 PM
To Jareth: Why thank you so much for anticipating my special needs.

Then to Ferian: I take it we won't be meeting our true host until we prove subservient enough for your liking? Trust me, we don't want to waste your time, especially considering all of the trouble you went through to save our lives. However, if we are to cooperate with your new order, we need to operate within certain moral guidelines within the borders of the elfsong region. These guidelines would prohibit the killing of allies for the purpose of testing oponents strength for example. Tarinth raises an eyebrow in a tsk-tsk manner and trys to maintain a subserviant though serious tone.

((Since nobody else is going to initiate this discourse, I will. Please feel free to hit the cat on the head if you want him to stop.:smallwink: ))

Entertainer13
2008-02-13, 01:45 AM
Cat, save the venom for when it matters.

Quintar sits down and makes a spot check for no other reason than because he can.

[roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-14, 10:19 AM
(( Just to help illustrate the point, I've just decided that Ferian's telepathy will be denoted with italics and single, rather than the usual double, quotes... ))

'Don't worry, Quintar. Tarinth's concerns are appropriate, and they will be answered.' Ferian continues to communicate telepathically. He closes his eyes for a moment. 'But before we can proceed, it seems that there is a lack of trust. Some of you are resisting.'

As Ferian makes that observation, Jareth enters the room, closes the door, and circles to the chair next to Ferian. However, both men remain standing.

Tarinth
2008-02-14, 02:41 PM
Grrrr, well, I guess I'll drop my resistance since it's either that or rot in a dungeon for all eternity. Very well. Tarinth growls softly as he lowers his resistance and senses that he can no longer lie. Tarinths little red devil shoulder cat weeps.

Entertainer13
2008-02-15, 09:21 AM
Quintar smiles softly.

If you're trying to force something from me, I'm sorry, but you won't get it. I will return to my cell, if you wish, but I will not surrender my freedom in any shape.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-15, 10:38 AM
'The only freedom you lose by submitting to the enchantment of the Diplomat's Chamber is the freedom to decieve. It does not force you to speak if you do not wish to do so, but if you do speak, it requires that your words are truth.' Ferian returns Quintar's smile. 'Don't worry. The room affects all within.'

Entertainer13
2008-02-17, 01:15 AM
'The only freedom you lose by submitting to the enchantment of the Diplomat's Chamber is the freedom to decieve. It does not force you to speak if you do not wish to do so, but if you do speak, it requires that your words are truth.' Ferian returns Quintar's smile. 'Don't worry. The room affects all within.'
Whatever.

Quintar allows the effect.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-20, 09:50 AM
'Azadeth? Tianna? Do you wish to resist as well?'

ericoedge26
2008-02-21, 11:12 PM
I'll allow it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-26, 09:01 AM
Tianna makes a slight grumbling noise of assention as she takes her seat.

Ferian also sits. 'Very well. Now to begin. I am sure you are all well aware that Threnacia is going through some troubled times. However, the empire has proven unable to protect the outer realms. And that is what brings us to this period of transition. We are working towards a stronger, safer Threnacia.'

Tarinth
2008-02-26, 02:05 PM
Tarinth says in a slightly resigned manner. Yes, unable to protect itself from you. This is old fashioned protection policies but on a larger scale. Who do you think you're fooling with talk like that. I thought we were cutting to the point? Are there other threats to Threnacia unaligned with your forces?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-26, 02:48 PM
'You think the New Order is allied with the giant you slew? That sorcerer from the Ashen Plain? Those inciting riots all around us?' Ferian's telepathic speech carries a slight air of restrained derision.

Tarinth
2008-02-26, 02:53 PM
Well, yes. I guess we hald been given that impression. Our mission was one of information gathering. I guess we should have interogated people more thoroughly. But please, I beseach you, since you cannot lie, tell me directly that they had nothing to do with you instead of implying it, for Quintar and I would prefer death to working with allies of our old masters. How could all of these enemies have attacked us at the same time without coordination from the top?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-26, 03:17 PM
Ferian's "voice" returns to its emotionless state, 'None of those threats are affiliated with the New Order. And, as you should have surmised by now, the shadow elves, though former allies, are no longer affiliated with the Order themselves. They now number among the remaining threats Threnacia faces.'

(( The change of subject to the shadow elves seems rather abrupt—almost, but not quite, evasive to Tarinth, Azadeth, and Tamboc. ))

Entertainer13
2008-02-27, 02:27 AM
Believe what you will about your intentions, Quintar sneers, But any government or group that forces cooperation will never have my support.

I am against anything that puts safety above freedom. Was the outer empire loosely protected? Yes, but that allowed for freedom. Freedom for those who did not fit in with the rest of the urban society. That's one of the risks one must take for freedom. Freedom versus safety.

I tell you this because of your obsession that there should be no lies. So, make no mistake. I will never become part of an opportunistic, power hungry "order." The Empire has its flaws, but it never forced me into any way of life. It gave e an opportunity to learn my craft, so I could avenge past wrongs. With the threats of death that I have already received from you, I know I will not be allowed such freedom by you.

However, if you wish that we should now work together to rid what evil exists in this land from ourselves... I will help. But make no mistake, at the minimum, I will leave this new "Order" and shake the dust of it from my feet as soon as the last beast is slain. At minimum.

Tarinth
2008-02-27, 10:46 AM
Almost evasive, eh. So they manipulated the drow, the fire giant, mage, etc into attacking or at least shoved them into it only to betray them later. Nice.

Yes, we must work together to stop this chaos you've spread. But once that is done, I believe we would all wish to be on our way with Quintar, with adequate compensation for the deed to Elfsong Keep of course.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-27, 08:22 PM
(( @Tarinth: If that's how Tarinth wants to interpret it... >;-D ))

Ferian nods in acknowledgement of Tarinth's comment, but addresses Quintar first. 'Well said, but… do you really think you would remain free with out some minimal safety, Quintar? Did not the goal of that giant you killed involve the elminiation of many people's freedom?'

Entertainer13
2008-02-28, 01:30 AM
I am a soldier. I am a representative of the protection. While we were out there defending the nation, you swoop in and take control?

I do not approve of hostile takeovers unless it's the need to dethrone a dictatorship. The Empire was hardly that.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-28, 08:31 AM
'Hostile? Yes, there were a few skirmishes. Especially after the miscalculation with the tower here. But those were quickly cleared up.'

Jareth enters the conversation at this point. "Yes. Lord Kraen is currently in peacful negotiations for cooperation with the New Order."

Entertainer13
2008-02-29, 02:38 AM
You've got to be kidding me.

Quintar looks around the room and sighs.

You've heard my agreement. If you're expecting anything else, do not hold your breath.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-29, 10:32 AM
'Yes. Well, we are here to discuss your place in the scheme of things. You as a group have mastery over many magical and combat skills. A most impressive group. We would most appreciate it if you would ally yourselves with the New Order.

'I know that we haven't exactly made a favorable first impression. But I think it is best that we put aside our differences and work towards our common goal: a stronger, safer Threnacia without compromise to the freedom of the land.'

Entertainer13
2008-02-29, 08:26 PM
Quintar's pouting as well as a 20-something can.

adanedhel9
2008-03-01, 11:37 AM
Not a Tamboc question (he's just trying to follow the conversation), but I think someone needs to ask it:

So what exactly are your intentions with my daughter Thranacia? The hostile takeover forces us to assume the worst. How will you govern and protect?

Tarinth
2008-03-04, 01:57 PM
Well, i wouldn't ask that. Like you said, we are expecting the worst kind of government. All of his rhetoric about protecting and preserving peace is BS. What's the point in hearing him elaborate on it?

Entertainer13
2008-03-05, 01:12 AM
Well, i wouldn't ask that. Like you said, we are expecting the worst kind of government. All of his rhetoric about protecting and preserving peace is BS. What's the point in hearing him elaborate on it?

Quintar's in the same boat.

ericoedge26
2008-03-05, 01:42 AM
Azzy agrees with Quintar and Tarinth.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-06, 04:02 PM
Tianna leans forward, leveling a strong gaze at Ferian. "That's all well and good. But what exactly is your plan for achieving these goals?"

Ferian fixes his own, equally impenetrable eyes onto Tianna in return. 'I'm not at liberty to reveal the precise details yet, as so few of them are as yet fixed. Lords Kraen and Rakeri are still in negotiation, after all.' He breaks eye contact with Tianna to focus attention on the group as a whole. 'Suffice it to say, where security is concerned, the goal is to have some defense always in place rather than waiting until a threat is obvious before doing anything about it, as has been the case in the past.'

Tarinth
2008-03-06, 09:28 PM
And how are you going to pay for vast amounts of troops to just stand around all day, every day, every month, perhaps even for years. Wait, let me guess. Either you'll raise taxes or go on campaigns of pure belligerant agression. Am I getting warm?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-06, 10:01 PM
'Oh, no. Our plans are nothing of the sort.' Ferian looks at Jareth for a moment. Running his fingers through his close-cropped blond hair, he continues, 'There is a certain hostility here—a lack of trust. Not entirely inappropriate, given the situation. Is there anything we can do to help win your trust? Even just for the short term?'

Entertainer13
2008-03-07, 09:10 AM
When one is dealing with someone claiming the name of one of the most dangerous men alive during the Time of Raiders... No. there isn't much you can do.

adanedhel9
2008-03-07, 01:32 PM
Let us speak to Lord Kraen.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-07, 02:08 PM
Ferian gives a tiny smile. 'That can be arranged'

Tarinth
2008-03-12, 12:04 PM
Tarinth twiddles his thumbs and looks around the room before looking up at Ferian to break the silence. Like...today sometime?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-12, 02:17 PM
'Nothing else then? All right. I can arrange it when this briefing is over. In the meantime, we have a request of our own to make of you.

'The shadow elves that betrayed us made off with an item of no small importance. This item could be used to the detriment of Threnacia. And from what we've seen and been told, we think that you six can help retrieve it.'

ericoedge26
2008-03-13, 02:04 AM
What is this item you speak of? And why is it so dangerous?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-13, 07:45 AM
'A large stone with powerful magical properties. Fortunately, it was linked to another item that could track it. Not only that, but you somehow managed to obtain that item.'

Ferian reaches into a pocket on the inside of his robe and pulls out the circlet the group recovered from Razorvach's camp. He holds it up for all to see before setting it in the exact center of the table.

Tarinth
2008-03-13, 01:45 PM
Yes, well there's no way we can get anything acomplished without our equipment, so if you would be so kind as to leave them outside the door when we talk to Lord Kraen, that would be lovely. Then we can be off after the shadow elves and your precious rock.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-13, 02:12 PM
'Of course, of course! But if you are going to help, we can only give you a day to prepare. We think they may be heading for the desert, and it would be prudent to cut them off before they reach it.'

Tarinth
2008-03-13, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a plan. Tarinth hopefully looks to the others for confirmation.

Entertainer13
2008-03-14, 12:21 AM
Very well.

ericoedge26
2008-03-14, 12:43 AM
Alright, I'm in.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-14, 07:17 AM
Tianna says, "Yeah, I'll be helping to," and Mab addes, "Same here."

'Tamboc?'

adanedhel9
2008-03-24, 12:40 PM
Alright.blah

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-25, 02:06 PM
'Good. Now I think that covers everything we deem important. Is there anything futher you wish to discuss?'

Tarinth
2008-03-25, 03:48 PM
We can discuss trivial matters later. For now, I would like to be off after this stone. If it's a threat to the people of this land, then that is our first concern. Please jsut point us in the right direction and give us some trail food.

Entertainer13
2008-03-25, 10:55 PM
Actually, Quintar says, What measures are you going to take to ensure our loyalty? Before I completely agree to anything, I'd like to know.

Tarinth
2008-03-26, 11:14 AM
Tarinth grimaces. It looked like we were getting out of here with a simple promise to get the stone away from the shadow elves with no promise whatsoever to return it to the new usurpers or any other binding ties. Then again, i was probably being foolishly hopeful.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-26, 11:49 AM
Ferian looks at Quintar with a curious expression, but the feel of his thought-voice conveys no surprise, 'Well, if you insist, we can provide you with a geas to provide proper compulsion. But as a demonstration of good faith in our common interests, we do not deem such steps necessary.'

Tarinth
2008-03-27, 10:58 AM
No magical shackles? Sweeet!!:smallbiggrin:

Will we be operating independantly or are you sending spies with us.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-27, 01:04 PM
'You strike us as a group that operates best as independent agents, and you are more than capable of performing this task with out our assistance. It would be a better use of resources to let you obtain the stone in whatever way you deem best for the time being. However, we will be keeping in contact.' As Ferian speaks of keeping in contact, he rests his head by his hand and taps his temple as if to indicate what form this contact will take.

Tarinth
2008-03-27, 01:37 PM
Tarinth furrows his brows in worry. How will you be able to contact our minds over such vast distances in locations unknown to you?

Entertainer13
2008-03-27, 08:32 PM
I didn't want any surprises. Very well, let's go.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-01, 10:32 AM
'To one sufficiently skilled in the telepathic arts, distance is nothing.

Okay, then, so is everyone else as ready as Quintar?'

Tarinth
2008-04-01, 12:58 PM
Uh...this guy scares me. Once he knows somebody, he can always find them? I did not realize straight up telepathic psions were so sweet.
Yeah, I'm ready to leave this farce of a government and get some good earth under my feet.

adanedhel9
2008-04-01, 01:04 PM
Yes, I am ready.

ericoedge26
2008-04-06, 02:55 AM
I'm ready to go,

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-09, 10:32 AM
'Very well. If you would be so kind to wait here, I will see if Lord Kraen is available to meet with you at this moment. Afterwards, Jareth will show you to your new quarters.'

With that, Ferian rises and heads for the door.

Tarinth
2008-04-10, 01:00 PM
When Ferian has left the room Tarinth combs his fingers through his mane and looks to Quintar. I think that went rather well considering.
Tarinth makes a knowledge psionics check to think of a way to get around telepathic long range communication.
Knowledge Psionics (1d20+1=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558643/) WOOT! All hail the nat 20!

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-12, 10:27 AM
(( Knowledge skills are trained only for DCs over 10. Unfortunately, this yields little useful info for Tarinth. If you get a rank in it next level, though, you will officially be "trained." Also, Psicraft may yield more useful information on this sort of query, though that's also a trained skill. Unfortunately, the latter is also cross-class.

Remember, Jareth and several guards are still in the room with you, too. ))

Entertainer13
2008-04-13, 12:25 AM
It came and it went.

He leans over towards Tarinth conspiratorially.

You do know this could end very bad, right? I know the history of war. Take overs like this one, no matter how high and lofty the aims may be, end in totalitarianism. This isn't overthrowing for freedom, or simply because of incompetence on the ruler's part. This is a takeover based upon the idea of a strong military. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I don't care how peaceful things may become. I can't be part of a single ideology rulership. You know?

Tarinth
2008-04-14, 07:42 PM
What, you think I am happy about this? Anyway, we can talk more frankly when we leave.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-17, 10:53 AM
Jareth leans over the table, looking at Quintar, "I'd listen to the cat, if I were you. The guards also seem to be ears." He makes a small gesture towards the soldiers behind him.

Entertainer13
2008-04-18, 12:26 AM
I don't care. If they have a problem with my attitude, I'll deal with it then. I've said the same to his face.

And "the cat's" name is Tarinth.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-18, 11:07 AM
"Ah, yes. Sorry, Tarinth. I apologize. I simply let the decorum of the situation escape me. You can take that as a sign of the pressure here.

"But, Quintar, at this point we're still dealing with an unknown quantity. Extreme caution is critical."

Entertainer13
2008-04-19, 01:03 AM
((someone interrupt Quintar before he says what I'm going to... please!))