PDA

View Full Version : Magic Under the Sun



Pages : [1] 2 3

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-01, 09:38 PM
For Posting
Out-of-Character Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390
Map Page: http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php
Dice Rolling: http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py

Character Sheets
Azadeth: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=6109
Quintar: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=6750
Tamboc: http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=416
Tarinth: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=6313

Chonk: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=5881
Mab: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=5884
Tianna: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=5887

All right, time to get this train moving!

You're in the middle of combat, as shown upon the maps (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php) screen. *The warriors in formation are taking aim with their bows, and a keen eyed observer should notice the catapult in the distance is loaded.

Turn Order: Out of Combat

adanedhel9
2006-10-01, 09:55 PM
Tamboc charges straight ahead for a smiting spirited charge EDIT: just to clarify, against the dragon.

Attack: 1d20+24=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=651121)
Damage: 2d8+32=48 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=651130)

The ride-by will go out just north of the troops.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-01, 11:25 PM
The Dragon roars in pain as the sword penetrates his scales and divine power ravages his body.

Tianna struggles against the shadowy tendrils holding her in the black fire, and manages to wrench herself free. *With a jerk, she stumbles just out of the flames. *(( Elation's duration down to five rounds. ))

The dragon climbs high into the sky at a steep angle. *Soon, he evens his flight path out, and turns around, heading in what would be Tamboc's direction if Tamboc were 150 ft. higher.

The unarmored shadow elf steps backwards. *As he does so, shadows spring up around him, and the area immediately around him grows dark. *You can just barely make out the forms of this elf and his ally.

The wemics near Azadeth's tower take some flasks out of the packs they carry. *They smash the flasks against the wall. *A noxious, green liquid splashes out and starts eating through the wall at an alarming rate. *(Not visible to Tianna, Tarinth, Azadeth, or Chonk). *The other wemics continue to move forward with their battering ram.

The Large, armored shadow elf picks herself up (( she has concealment, so she does not provoke an AoO )). *She mutters some strange words. *Tarinth feels a sharp pain behind his eyes as mystic energy attacks his body, but he manages to shrug it off (( Fort Save (1d20+7=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=651243) )).

Mab moves closer to Azadeth's tower, reaching into a pouch by her belt. *She removes a handful of sand and crushed rose petals, speaks a few arcane words, and blows the sand and petals out of her palm towards the wemics near the tower. *Two of the wemics drop over and begin to snore loudly.

Meanwhile Mipsy touches her paw to the bottom part of Mab's cloak, let's out a strange squeak, and disappears into her familiar pocket.

(( Quintar is up. Map has been updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html) ))

Tarinth
2006-10-02, 10:34 AM
Um, I know it's Quint's turn, but this is the only time I can post today. *I follow the same thing as the Out character note.

Tarinth Bellows to the remaining wemics
Brothers, you need not serve your cruel master any longer. *You are free to follow your own destiny now!
Then, assuming Quint hasn't killed the elf next to me, I attack(Maul, Maul, Ckawm, Bash). Otherwise, I do nothing. *Hopefully I can figure out this dice thing.

1st maul: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652501
dmg: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652516
2nd maul: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652506
dmg: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652518
claw: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652510
dmg: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652519
Bash: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652514
dmg: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=652520

Also, please tell me in the ou-of-character forum how to post these rolls like you people do.

Entertainer13
2006-10-02, 09:25 PM
You can hold your turn until I go.

First, Quintar whistles for Merlynn to fly over to him. As Merlynn listens, Quin is eyeballing the enlarged shadow elf, and busts out an acid arrow.

Ranged touch attack: Using warmage edge on first acid. The second two pieces of damage happen the following two rounds. They do not gain Warmage Edge. All acid damage. (1d20+6=21, 2d4+6=11, 2d4=3, 2d4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=654074)

After the acid arrow flies, Quintar yells for his allies to hear:
QUINTAR
"The Wemics have assaulted the walls with some sort of liquid! Its eating through the wall!"

Note to DM: Remember, Maeb is controlling the construct.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-02, 11:08 PM
The blast of acid flies true. *Quintar can just make out through the darkness the bolt striking the elf full in the face, the acid pouring through opening in her helmet. *But he hears her scream of pain quite clearly. *Meanwhile, Merlynn circles around a lands near Quintar

The fury of Tarinth's assault is not lost upon the large elf, as she puts up an equally furious defense, blocking the maul with her shield, and using the armor on her other hand to deflect the claw. *However she is caught off-guard as Tarinth drives the spike on his shield into her side and crushes her against one of the wall's crenellations. *Her body falls limp, and, in the shadows, Tarinth can just make out a pool of dark liquid forming.

Tarinth makes out some movement in the center of the shadows and hears a voice whisper, "No. *No, no, no!"

"Yay, Boss Kitty!" rings from the tower above, the jubilant voice only tempered by a slight dragonfear-inspired warble. *Chonk looks towards the dragon. *He seems to decide the dragon is far enough away because he loads up his sling, steps forward and flings it towards the unarmored elf. *Unfortunately, the elf just manages to dodge the bullet.

The catapult in the distance lets a stone fly. *The stone heads straight for Quintar, smashing his arm as it smashes a nearby crenellation (( Quintar Catapult Reflex (1d20+4=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=654241), failed save, 21 damage )). *Merlynn just avoids being completely flattened (( Merlynn Catapult Reflex (1d20+6=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=654243), failed save, 21 10 damage )).

(( Azzy's up. *Map updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html). *))

ericoedge26
2006-10-03, 12:09 AM
Azadeth fires 2 arrows at the front right battering ram pusher (or whoever I've fired at already, if anyone...should one die, fire at the other front one).

Arrow 1 (1d20+8=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=654378)
Arrow 2 (1d20+3=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=654382)
Arrow 1 and 2 Damage (1d8+2=7, 1d8+2=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=654392)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-03, 08:36 AM
The first arrow flies true, and the archer is downed. *(( Okay, I realize that during the live session you shot at the wemics without a problem. *However, now that *we have everything on one, easy to read map, it's easy to see that should not have been the case. *You have to shoot through your Tower for that. *So I switched your target to one of the human archers. *If you wish to discuss this, bring it up on the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play_ooc;action=display;num=11573904 45). ))

Of course, all the humans respond in kind, unleashing a storml of arrows. *Quintar manages to duck out of the way of most of them, though one grazes his good shoulder (( 4 damage )). *Mab fares not so well, being struck by five arrows (( total 26 damage )). *Having less of a crowd on their side of the keep, Tarinth, Tianna, and Azadeth don't have quite as many arrows with which to contend. *Still, Azadeth is struck by one (( 5 damage )), Tianna by three (( 16 damage total )), and Tarinth by another (( 8 damage )).

(( Tamboc? ))

adanedhel9
2006-10-03, 09:31 AM
Tamboc spirals down to about 20' off the ground directly above the group of 4 troops. He uses Lay On Hands to bring Squaw back up to full health.

Tarinth
2006-10-03, 11:38 AM
Well, I guess I use my wall walking and go down to kick some wemic but. *I'll modify this post when I have my attack roll issue resolved.

Also, I've posted my temp HP on my sheet now and YES, because I know you'll ask, I took the 8 arrow dmg.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-03, 03:51 PM
As Tamboc descends and heals Squaw, Tianna raises her holy symbol in the air, shouting, "May the Holy Light shine upon us!" *A burst of light issues from the metal disc, filling those it touches with hope. *(( Everyone but Tamboc and Squaw recieves the benefits of bless (+1 morale to attacks and saves vs. fear). *Elation down to 4 rounds. *Bless lasts 90 rounds.)).

The Dragon dives downward, passing by Tamboc within 90 ft. (both above him and just to the north). *As she does so, the dragon lets loose a blast of acid from her mouth. *(( Tamboc takes 40 damage, and Squaw takes 40 20 damage (Acid Reflex (1d20+8=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=655451) and Acid Reflex (1d20+8=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=655455) failed saves respectively ) )). *After diving, the dragon levels out and starts climbing a steep ascent.

In the darkness, Tarinth can make out the other shadow elf unsheath something and point it at him. *"Get away from her," he says. *Suddenly, what little shadow Tarinth has on the overcast day, darkens, filling out with detail. *The shadow rises up as a full likeness of the psychic warrior, and lashes out at Tarinth with its claw filling him with mind-numbing cold. *A suddenly as it sprang up, the shadow collapses and returns to normal. *While Tarinth manages to shrug much of the attack off, the cold still leaves its mark (( Successful Will save (Afraid of the Dark Will Save (1d20+8=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=655510)), 2 Wisdom damage (the damage also causes the loss of 3 power points) ))

The awake Wemic at the base of Azadeth, looks up at Mab, lets out a roar, then pulls out another flask, smashing it against the same area of wall. *The combination of lingering acid and the second flask eats a hole in the wall large enough for the wemic to enter the tower.

Seeing this breach in the defenses, the wemics in the field drop their ram and start running for the keep at a full tilt.

Mab yells, "They've breached the keep!" *She digs a prism out of her component pouch makes a quick gesture with it before holding it up in the air. *Despite the cloudy day, beams of colored light issue from the prism, engulfing the running Wemics and a two nearby humans. *Three of the wemics and both humans immediately stop what they are doing, transfixed by the colors. *Mab waves her hand, and the colors begin to drift away as those tranfixed by it prepare to follow it. *Mab then drops behind a crenellation, taking cover, and digs a vial out of her belt pouch.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html) * Quintar's turn. *))

Entertainer13
2006-10-03, 11:57 PM
Quintar speaks a giantish vulgarity under his breath, and reaching into his spell pouch, takes out a pinch of sulfer, and a small pound of bat guano.

Quintar
"You wanna play rough, huh?

Quintar hurls the fireball, centering it on the catapult. Yes, they're in range. It will deal the following damage (reflex for 1/2).

*Fireball ignites all combustable objects in an area* (11d6=42) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=655566)

Quintar ignores the Wemics: they have a construct to deal with. ;D

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-04, 07:49 AM
(( Uh, fireball (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsFtoG.html#fireball) caps out at 10d6. And the catapult's wood is too thick to be readily combustible, though the device will take damage, it's not gonna burn up. Not that either point matters, as you will see... ))

The men around the catapult all drop, very badly burned. Two of them likely won't be getting up again. The catapult is heavily singed.

Tarinth
2006-10-04, 10:36 AM
Well, forget the Wemics. *I go after the elf if its still up after Quintar's turn. I don't know if I take penalties for the darkness around it, but I have light cast on my maul. *Anywho, you can sort that out. *I advance upon it and Maul, Maul, Claw. *With the data from my old sheet and the elation and bless I think the matrix will be +15, +10, +9, but who knows for sure(not me).

Maul: 1st Maul (1d20+15=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657768)
Dmg:1st M dmg (2d8=9, 1d4+7=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657789)
Maul:2nd Maul (1d20+10=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657777)
Dmg:2nd M dmg (2d8=7, 1d4+7=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657794)
Claw:claw (1d20+9=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657798)
Dmg:claw dmg (1d6+7=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=657803)
Um, Meow? These computer dice hate me, and apparently an 8 followed by a ) makes this 8) and even links are subject to the smiley reign of terror.

Also, chonk makes another ten foot step, and pelts the nearest wemic breaching the wall. *I know you modified chonks BAB with elation, but I don't know if it includes the recent Bless.
att: sling (1d20+13=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=658129)
Dmg:sling dmg (1d3+1=4, 3d6=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=658139)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-04, 12:31 PM
(( Yes, those numbers are correct. *And to do away with the ill-thought shades-smiley, check the box that says, "Disable Smilies: Check this if you'll be adding code (or don't like smileys)." *It will disable all smilies, but Tamboc, Azadeth, Quintar and Tarinth probably find it difficult to speak in smilies anyway. *;). *(Oh, look. *A demonstration.) *Oh, and for the damage for the maul, you can enter it as 2d8+1d4+7, and the dice roller will interperet it correctly. ))

Tarinth moves in, smashing the shadow elf soundly with his maul. *(( He's more than five feet away, you cannot make a full attack unless you use psionic lion's charge. *For simplicity's sake, I'll tell you the next two attacks would have missed anyway, so you can save your power points if you'd like. )) *Though clearly injured, the elf manages to keep his feet.

(( It's a move action to load the sling, so he's gonna have issues using Skirmish. If he wants to get Skirmish damage, he'll have to load this round and wait until next round to attack. *However, Chonk's impatient...))

The sling bullet flies true, striking the elf in the head and knocking him out. As he falls, the darkness around him fades.

Entertainer13
2006-10-04, 07:13 PM
(( Uh, fireball (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsFtoG.html#fireball) caps out at 10d6.


Its a mist-type. Sue me.

EDIT*
Snarky involves >:(
Apathy involves no faces.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-04, 08:24 PM
(( * cksht * We would like to remind all customers to please keep snarky OOC requests for legal action to the OOC thread. *Or, failing that, please use the handy OOC double parenthases. *Thank you. ** cksht * ))

[hr](( Uh, Azzy? ))

ericoedge26
2006-10-08, 07:45 PM
(Sorry, our internet connection wasn't working, and yes I know I could go on campus, but I didn't.)

Fire three arrows at the archer to the left of the guy I downed. *If it takes out that guy, then move onto the one next to him. *And, if for some reason, they are easy to kill, one of the archers behind them would be the next logical target.

Arrow 1 & 2 Attack (1d20+12=28, 1d20+12=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=668419) (And thus my second attack rolled a 1...I can't remember if that constitutes the end of my turn or not. *I'm going to do my next attack roll and if it doesn't count then ignore it.)
Arrow 3 Attack (1d20+7=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=668422)
Arrows 1, 2, & 3 Damage (1d8+2=3, 1d8+2=6, 1d8+2=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=668432)

(Wow, crappy rolls.)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-08, 09:04 PM
(( All a natural 1 means is that it missed. You get all shots ))

Azadeth fires off three quick shots. The first one drops one of the humans. The other two are a wild miss and a simple bounce off the armor. (( BTW-Shouldn't damage be 1d8+3? 1d8 base + 1 magic + 2 favored enemy? ))

groups of archers begin rapidly moving to the damaged tower. The others take more cautious steps before letting their arrows fly.

That is, all the others except for the members of one formation. Two members of this formation follow Mab's rainbow pattern. The rest of the members are bewildered by this action on the parts of their teammates and start shouting for them to come back.

Two arrows penetrate Quintar's armor (( 6 damage from one, 2 damage from the other )). Tarinth and Azadeth manage to dodge all the arrows that storm over their position, taking cover behind nearby crenellations.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html) ))

adanedhel9
2006-10-09, 12:09 AM
Tamboc spirals up as high as Squaw can take him (should be 90' above his current position) and dumps the rest of his Lay On Hands into himself.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-09, 10:04 AM
As Tamboc heals himself and Squaw flies high, the Dragon continues to ascend, makeing a light turn as she does so. She also makes a strange growling noises and her shape becomes indistinct as her movements begin to leave a trailing image. (( Quintar, Tianna, and Mab recognize the effects of a blur (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsAtoB.html#blur) spell. ))

Tianna grabs a wand from her belt and uses it to fire yellow bolts of energy at one of the archers on the ground, dropping him. (( Elation down to 3 rounds, bless down to 89. ))

Three of the enemy wemics follow Mab's rainbow and stand within it, fascinated by its colors. The other visible wemic continues moving towards the breach in the keep.

The ground-level door to Azadeth's tower bursts open and the wemic behind it roars. At this, the construct begins advancing on the wemic.

Mab uncorks the vial in her hand and downs the contents. Several of her wounds close up, but she's still quite bloody. She peeks from behind the crenellation she's hiding behind and makes a quick gesture. The rainbow continues to move away from the keep.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html) ))

Tarinth
2006-10-09, 12:00 PM
Meow. *Now that the weak drow lay dead at his feet, Tarinth uses wall walking to go into the keep and uses his dorje of HUGIFICATION to make himself HUGEIFIED, roaring with his HUGEIFIED lungs to warn the attackers of the death they will surely meet if they step with the boundaries of Elfsong Keep. *He holds action to charge the first wemic that enters, assuming they aren't killed by my round. *If they die, I hold for the first humans to enter. *Chonk will move ten feet and load his sling, targeting one of the humans near the outer wall.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-09, 09:58 PM
(( 1. How are you drawing the dorje? One hand is holding a heavy shield and the other is holding a maul. If you want to go down the wall and activate the dorje this round, you'll probably have to drop the maul. You'd have to rely on your claws and shield bashes until your next turn, when you can draw your dire pick (though putting the dorje away rather than dropping it would be a move action).

2. (Free action to drop the maul.) Move action to go down the wall and draw the dorje at the same time. Standard action to use the dorje... You have no actions left to allow you a chance to ready to attack the wemics. Readying is a standard action. ))

Entertainer13
2006-10-09, 10:32 PM
Quintar is getting tired of the archers. He's casting a cloud kill.

It will center in the keep-side square, underneath wemic #6.

Notes: Cloudkill lasts 1 min/level, and will move away from Quintar 10 ft per round. All figs, 3 HD or less are automatically dead. 4-6 HD can make a fort save (DC 20). If made, they only take 1d4 Con each round they're in the smoke. >6HD Creatures in the smoke cloud only take con damage (DC 20 Fort for half).

I'll roll the first Con Damage, DM o mine, and you can roll the rest, since you're keeping notes. (1d4=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=670767))

Meanwhile? Quintar and Merlynn back up one square, trying to gain some cover.

EDIT
Beej, I just noticed my buckler wasn't included in my AC. I've had a 21 since "bless" has been in effect, and 20 all the time before.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-09, 11:30 PM
All the humans caught in the cloud drop over, dead. The wemic, however, manages to keep to his feet, though he chokes, trying to fight off the effects of the noxious, green vapors.

Tarinth
2006-10-10, 01:40 PM
This is silly. *All I have to do is touch the thing with some part of my body for a moment and think about it. *It is strapped to my wilderness harness so I can just brush it. *But since I know you wont allow that, screw it. *I don't become hugeified. :'( *I do however hold my action to charge the first wemic coming through the keep cuz of course they won't respond to me if I try to talk to them. Evidently they don't give a hoot that their free now cuz all the villians we face are fanaticall zelots who never talk or turn.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-10, 02:41 PM
Tarinth tenses up as he prepares for just the right moment.

Meanwhile, in a fit of quick thinking, Chonk simply loads his sling and prepares to try one of his super-deluxe running shots.

(( Azzy's up. ))

ericoedge26
2006-10-10, 08:21 PM
Well I'm not quite sure who's left, but I'm guessing there's still archers to be shot down. *If there's any on my side I shoot using the same method as earlier. *If not I'll have to find a way to go around to the other side of the keep and kill some there. *If I get downstairs and if there are Wemics down at the bottom of my tower I'll shift into an Anis.

Arrows 1 & 2 Attacks (1d20+12=24, 1d20+12=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=672544)
Arrow 3 Attack (1d20+7=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=672547)
Arrows 1, 2, & 3 Damage (1d8+3=4, 1d8+3=4, 1d8+3=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=672548)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-10, 09:33 PM
Azadeth lets three arrows fly and drops three of the enemy archers.

After suffering at the hands of several nasty spells (especially that cloudkill) without seeing any sign of response from Arzel, most of the archers on Quintar and Mab's side of the keep begin to panic. Many turn tail and flee after their comrades. A few determined souls near Azadeth's tower, however enter through the breached hole.

The archers on Azadeth, Tianna, and Tarinth's tower side have been fairly oblivious to the magic occuring on the other side. Still, the loss of six of their comrades has obviously taken its toll. Though they manage to stir just enough courage to fire another volley of arrows, these men are visibly shaken. As a result, the mess of arrows is rather ineffective. Most of them strike the wall and crenellations, but one grazes Tianna's shoulder, gouging out a nasty wound (( 9 damage )).

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html) ))

adanedhel9
2006-10-10, 09:58 PM
Tamboc guides Squaw higher (as high as possible) and in a lopsided arc to put the pair above the road NE of the NE tower, facing away from the dragon. While Squaw flies, Tamboc stows his shield and casts resist energy (acid), duration 600 rounds.

((I'll keep track of that if you really want me to.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-11, 07:40 AM
(( The most direct path to the road combined with getting as high as possible, your current direction of flight, and the fact that ascending means half-speed is gonna have you end up just under the Dragon. And she's got a long enough neck that getting"as high as possible" will provoke an attack of opportunity. Of course, with a modified trajectory, "as high as possible" actually puts you at the same level as the Dragon rather than just under her.

Since I assume you're trying your hardest to get to the same altitude as the Dragon, I figure you wanted to prioritize height over getting to the road. Likewise, in keeping with "avoiding any obvious hazards" bit about how I adjucate movement, I assume you want to avoid any AoOs. So I currently have Tamboc down in a position just northwest and out of the reach of the Dragon at the moment. If this is about right, just let me know. I'm not gonna have time to throw in the actions of all those NPCs that come after you for another couple hours, so that'll give ya time to see and respond to this before their actions give too much away. ;) ))

adanedhel9
2006-10-11, 09:33 AM
I was thinking something like this:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/jpoutzen/TambocMove.png

That should keep me out of the dragon's reach. If I have to sacrifice a few feet of height, that's okay.

If that doesn't work, your plan is fine, too.

Tarinth
2006-10-11, 12:07 PM
Um, since I won't have an opportunity to post later today, I'll give my charge rolls now. *I don't know what the bonuses are or how many attacks I'm allowed so I'll give the regular rolls, and you can modify them. *maul, maul, claw

Maul: 1st (1d20+15=34, 2d8+8=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=673632)
Maul: 2nd (1d20+10=16, 2d8+8=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=673635)
Claw: 3rd (1d20+9=15, 1d6+7=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=673641)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-11, 01:14 PM
(( Right. That's the path I was working on. It's just that being reduced to half speed during your ascent only gets you about a quarter of the way on that arc you drew. As to tracking the spell duration, I'm exceeding necessity by keeping track of the 9-minute long bless. I don't think this is gonna last an hour.))

Tianna blasts another couple magic missiles at another archer dropping him. (Elation down to 2 rounds, bless down to 88. ))

As Tamboc tries to circle around the Dragon, the Dragon spins around and grabs at Squaw with her jaws. But instead of biting down, the Dragon just grabs onto Squaw's wing and violently pulls down, disrupting her flight (Flying Trip Defensive Roll (1d20+9=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=673652)). Squaw stalls and begins to fall as the Dragon moves on. (( On Tamboc's next turn, Squaw can attempt a DC 20 Reflex save to recover. Otherwise she'll hit the ground, and each of you will take 40 falling damage. ))

The large construct moves to the door to Azadeth's tower, ready to confront the wemic behind it.

Three Wemics on the field continue to chase Mab's rainbow. Wemics near Azadeth's tower continue to sleep. The Wemic in the cloud charges forward in a blind rage and leaps at the wall where Quintar stands, but is unable to grab onto the top of the wall, missing by about 4 feet. The Wemic in Azadeth's tower roars and lashes out at the construct with his axe and claw, but is unable to penetrate the tough stone of the manufactured warrior.

Seeing Squaw and Tamboc spin out of control, Mab curses and quickly downs another healing potion as she braces herself for some major trouble against the Dragon.

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.html) ))

Entertainer13
2006-10-11, 03:21 PM
Quintar moves forward from the square he backed into last round, and casts Ice Knife.

-Ranged touch attack; if successful, -2 to dex with Fort DC 17 (cold immunity nulls); if missed, creates 10-foot radius burst, dealing 1d8 cold damage. That's the third d8 roll. :) Using my edge.- Brian, please check the whole description to make sure I have this right. There may have been something about a +2/per level. (1d20+7=25, 2d8+6=20, 1d8=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=674115)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-11, 04:56 PM
(( Oops. *I missed the five-foot step in your last post. *I guess I don't need to update the map for this one now. *;)

Anyway, the +2/every 2 caster levels applies to the attack roll, so that means you hit AC 35.

Nice damage roll, by the way. ))

The wmic screams in pain as the shard of ice tears through its side. *You immediately notice the cold's numbing effects as the wemic's movements become stiffer.

Meanwhile the cloud of poisonous vapors that Quintar conjured begins to roll forward.

(( No enemy wemic got within charging range, so we're back to Tarinth's normal turn. Since I'm not sure how he wants to handle it, I'll wait for him. *I will point out that if he wants to charge someone, he's actually within range of the archers. ))

Tarinth
2006-10-12, 01:43 PM
Ok, I should be on the ground from last round, and charging something this round. What's up?

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-12, 04:22 PM
(( This is what you said you'd do on your last turn: "I do however hold my action to charge the first wemic coming through the keep cuz of course they won't respond to me if I try to talk to them."

I'm not seeing anything about you being on the ground. *There's nothing you can charge at inside the keep as it is. *Anyway, your normal turn came back without anything getting into charge range, so now you can designate a whole other action. You want to take on the archers? ))

Tarinth
2006-10-13, 10:09 AM
I used wall walking awhile back. I'll move up to an archer and attack if I can.

maul (1d20+15=23, 2d8+7=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=678014)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-13, 11:32 AM
All that's left of said archer is a pile of bone, blood, and tissue. *Unfortunately, moving this far away with the light source allows the darkness from the amored elf's body reassert itself over Azadeth and Tianna.

Chonk runs up to the edge of the tower, generating extra momentum, and lets the sling bullet fly. *I strikes an archer in the head, and the arger falls.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=8) ))

ericoedge26
2006-10-15, 10:57 PM
Well assuming I can still shoot at the archers I fire at the group on the right side.

Arrow 1 & 2 Attack (1d20+12=22, 1d20+12=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=682638)
Arrow 3 Attack (1d20+8=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=682650)
Arrows 1, 2, & 3 Damage (1d8+3=7, 1d8+3=10, 1d8+3=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=682653)

If I can't see enough to shoot I will move over next to Chonk and fire if I can still shoot. If not I will just move over there out of the darkness.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-16, 08:38 AM
(( Oh, you can shoot. You just have 20% miss chance due to concealment, which is in turn absolutely negated by your magic bow. In other words, nothing has changed for you. ;)

And as to moving next to chonk... Do look at your relative elevations. Chonk is on your tower's roof 20 ft. above you. ))

Azadeth drops another archer with his first arrow, but the next two miss.

The archers' morale finally breaks for good. All humans on the field turn tail and run. It also seems the view of the giant stone construct on the other side of the doorway, as the humans in the tower also run out, screaming in fear.

adanedhel9
2006-10-16, 10:25 AM
And, the moment of truth! Do Tamboc and Squaw go splat?

1d20+8=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=683255)

No, they don't!

Now, do I still get to do something on this round? If so, Squaw spirals upwards.

If Tamboc can take a full round of actions, he casts cure light wounds on himself for 1d8+5=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=683262) hp, then readies his shield.

If Tamboc can only take a standard or move, he readies his shield.

Tarinth
2006-10-16, 10:33 AM
Well, After Quintar does his thing, I take out one of my hand axes and let fly at the dragon if its within range. *My ranged BAB on my sheet said +5, but I get another +1 with my new level, and +2 more for Bless and Elation?? *

Hand Axe (1d20+8=12, 1d8+7=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=683274)

(Oh how the axe is poopy. *Hopefully it doesn't bonk me on the head on its way down.)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-16, 04:22 PM
(( Wow. Nice roll, Tamboc. ))

Squaw manages to recover, she spirals up, and Tamboc takes the opportunity to cast a healing spell.

Eyes fixed on Tamboc's close call, Tianna utters an understated "Oh, crap." before digging a scroll case out of her backapack. She then shouts "Everyone get as close to me as possible! I'm gonna see if I can put some protective wards on you!" (( Elation down to 1 more round. Bless... plenty left. ;) ))

The dragon flies in a wide arc, onto the opposite side of the area of darkness from most of the keep's defenders. But the darkness doesn't actually hide her because her height is far greater than that to which the darkness ascends.

The construct slams the wemic on the other side of the door a couple good times, and everyone hears it roar in anger. Everyone can safely assume the wemic is trying to fight back, but it doesn't sound like the construct is taking damage.

The one wemic that remains standing tries to jump up to the wall again, but without a running start failes miserably.

Mab quickly downs her last healing potion.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=9) ))

Entertainer13
2006-10-16, 05:58 PM
Quintar smirks, and moves away from the wemic one square, and up three (to get close to tianna), and then hurls an Orb of Force at the black dragon.

"You picked the wrong friends, my dear dragon..."

1d20+2=11, 10d6+6=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=684200)

Hm... guess the dragon might dodge this one.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-16, 06:23 PM
(( Ooh. Just barely within range. Awefully convenient that it's the only orb spell with Medium rather than close range, eh? ))

Fortunately for Quintar, the Dragon is a massive target. Even with all the blurring, the orb hits home, striking the Dragon in the chest. The Dragon screams in anger.

(( Tarinth, I think the Dragon is out of Handaxe range. ))

Tarinth
2006-10-17, 01:37 PM
Ok, well, it didn't make sense for me to continue beeting on the puny archers(get it, ha ha, beets are red, and so is blood... ok sorry, meow), so I figured, what the hey. *Anyway, if its clear to Tarinth that he can't do that, then he'll use wall walking again to get up the wall near Tiana, sprinting if he has to. *
I shout to the others As soon as she's done warding us, we should scatter! *We'll all be nice and close for a breath weapon if we don't.

Entertainer13
2006-10-17, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking the dragon is coming after me... so, if I survive another approach by that fearsome cur, I stand my ground and shout:

"I do not fear death, beast! I am Quintar Beskash, defender of the weak! I have no time to waste with you. My fate lies elsewhere. You can not win!"

If he's in range, I cast Phantasmal Killer (Fort DC 19) If makes its save, it takes 3d6 damage. (3d6=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=685793))

---
IF the dragon is out of range, or for some reason dead, Quintar will featherfall (yay ring!) down the side of the castle wall, unsheathing his longsword along the way, and motion to the wemic who's trying to jump up, saying, "Bring it!"

ericoedge26
2006-10-17, 08:55 PM
(I'm not sure of the penalties Azzy will get from firing at the dragon at that distance, but...)
Azadeth fires 2 arrows at the dragon.

Arrow 1 Attack (1d20+14=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=686369)
Arrow 2 Attack (1d20+9=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=686373)
Arrows 1 & 2 Damage (1d8+2=3, 1d8+2=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=686375)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-18, 12:31 PM
Tarinth yells for Azadeth to make room and once the elf does so, charges for the wall.

Chonk sees the Dragon wheeling around and quickly runs off to the opposite edge of Azadeth's tower, feather falling down to the wall near Mab.

Azadeth makes a minor adjustment before firing off a couple arrows. Unfortunately, due to the Dragon's distance (( -2 range modifier for being between 1 and 2 range increments away )), the arrows don't even hit the target.

As Tarinth reaches the top of the wall, Tianna reads from the scroll. Tianna, Tarinth, Azadeth, Chonk, and Quintar all feel the magical energy enter their bodies. (( Tianna cast mass protection from energy. All the aforementioned characters gain Acid Resistance 10 (that is, each time you take acid damage, you ignore 10 points of it.) )) "Quintar! I was unable to protect Merlynn! Mab! You'll have to protect yourself! You have another scroll!"

Entertainer13
2006-10-18, 01:35 PM
"Quintar! I was unable to protect Merlynn!
But... he's in my square. ???

adanedhel9
2006-10-18, 01:39 PM
Tamboc and Squaw continue to spiral higher.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-19, 03:10 PM
While Tamboc and Squaw circle higher, you feel the joy and exhilration instilled by Tianna's spell fade. (( Elation ends. Lose the +2 bonuses to Dex and Str and the +5 ft. to movement. ))

Meanwhile, he Dragon circles around and angrily dives at the mage that harmed her. As she passes just 10 ft. above Quintar, her long neck snakes out and she rips a chunk out of the warmage's shoulder (( 25 damage )) only to continue on and begin circling around Azadeth's tower.

The black flame summoned by the shadow elf dies out, but the tendrils of shadow still remain.

From the roars of pain coming below, you are all quite certain the massive stone juggernaut under Mab's control has landed a series of solid hits upon the wemic. But a moment later you hear the crash of breaking glass and those near the interior edge of the wall can see that the construct is now covered in the same alchemical concoction that destroyed the tower wall, and it is eating through the construct's stone body.

Continues to senselessly jump at the wall. But unlike certain other wemics, he has no mind-power behind his jumps, and continues to be unsuccessful.

Seeing Quintar's current state, Mab screams a loud curse and yells, "Tianna! Get over here! Quint needs you!". She quickly gets up and opens the door on her side of Azadeth's tower to better allow Tianna's movement. "Chonk! Get the other one!"

Quintar utters the magic words to his spell of death. The spell takes hold (( Caster Level check (1d20+11=31) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=688918) )). Quintar sees a large, nightmarish shadow rise up and reach out for the Dragon. The Dragon shudders as the shadow reaches for its heart, but she manages to keep his head, though obviously shaken by the experience. (( Quintar, if you wish to add a move action to the turn, let me know. ))

The noxious cloudkill continues to move forward.

Mab doesn't need to tell Chonk twice to take cover in Azadeth's tower. He does manage to keep his head enough to open the other door, too.

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=10) ))

ericoedge26
2006-10-19, 08:15 PM
Assuming the dragon is high enough in the air that I can fire arrows at him, I fire 2 arrows. *If I can't see him clearly then I ready an arrow.

Arrow 1 Attack (1d20+13=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=689460)
Arrow 2 Attack (1d20+7=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=689462) (This criticals with my improved critical.)
Arrow 2 Attack (For triple damage) (1d20+7=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=689464)

Arrow 1 & 2 Damage (1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=689468)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-19, 09:19 PM
(( You checking the map? It's on the other side of the tower from you. The Dragon has total cover. I'm gonna suggest you actually use this round to shift. You haven't done that for a while. ;) (Double hint: with that high AC, shift-boosting your Dex is a good idea.) Remember, one shift is a move action, so you could make two shifts in one round. ))

Tarinth
2006-10-20, 10:47 AM
Ok, I forget if I can use my DORJE on others. *If I can, I'll use wall walking to get to Quint and Heal him for 1D12. *If I can't heal him this turn, I'll still go over there and wait for the next.

DORJE (1d12=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=690223)
(The dice like quintar better. *He's sooo pretty. ;) )

ericoedge26
2006-10-27, 03:12 PM
Azzy uses four least form shifts increasing (move and standard action combined)...Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Natural Armor increase by a +4.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-29, 07:04 PM
Those with an eye Azadeth notice his muscles become more well defined and toned for greater speed and grace. Meanwhile, his skin seems to look a bit tougher, almost scaly, as it toughens up to protect him from physical blows.

(( Tarinth, to the best of my understanding, being in a dorje does not alter the fact that body adjustment has only a personal range. So you'll need another course of action.

Also, Quintar let me know in person that he wouldn't mind a slight adjustment to get closer to Tianna. He is currently waiting by the tower door that Mab opened. ))

adanedhel9
2006-10-29, 07:11 PM
Tamboc

Tamboc and Squaw turn and dive-bomb the dragon. ((I should be able to reach the dragon from my current position with just a single move, since down speed is doubled.))

1d20+17=24, 1d8+5=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=702250)

Tarinth
2006-10-30, 11:57 AM
Ok, I'll use that dorje roll on myself then. I'll stand near Quintar anyway. If the dragon attacks him again, at least I'l get an attack of opportunity or something.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-30, 08:07 PM
(( Uh, you'll need to put your maul down so you can grab your dorje, so that's gonna be a problem with AoO thing. Right now, for the sake of moving things along, I'll assume you'll do that for now. Let me know if I have to make an adjustment. ))

Tarinth sets his maul down and grabs a crystal from off his harness. He briefly focuses on the crystal, and suddenly some of his wounds close up.

Tianna moves past Tarinth, into the tower. She gets next to Quintar by the door and casts a healing spell. (( cures 27 hp ))

Squaw and Tamboc flip around and take a dive at the Dragon. But just as Tamboc closes in, the Dragon uses her superior reach to grab onto Squaw and send her spinning (( Arial Trip Opposed Strength Check (1d20+9=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=703606) )), but as the eagle is too close to the ground, she doesn't have time to pull out of the stall (( 18 falling damage each, now prone )).

The dragon rounds Azadeth's tower and flies past Tarinth and Azadeth. Just as you think he's going to pass everyone by, she whips her long, snake-like neck around and sprays a blast of acid, bathing Azadeth, Tarinth, Merlynn, and Quintar in the liquid. (( Tarinth (Acid Reflex (1d20+9=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=703623)), Azadeth (Acid Reflex (1d20+14=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=703627)), and Quintar (Acid Reflex (1d20+9=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=703629)) take 33 damage, Merlynn manages to Evade. All damage figures are before adjustment for Acid Resistance. ))

The tendrils of shadow on the keep wall disappear.

The construct squeezes through the doorway into Azadeth's tower. You can make out the sounds of a lot of scuffling going on, as well as the wemic roaring in anger.

The other wemic on the ground continues to jump at the wall in vain.

Mab finally manages to get out her scroll and get her own acid resistance up.

(( Quintar, you're up. Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=11) ))

Entertainer13
2006-10-30, 08:52 PM
Okay then. If Quintar can see the black dragon, he'll do the following:

The war mage coughs up some blood, wincing at the acidic assault. He grins. "That all you got?"
Hurls another orb of force.

Using the +7 from edge. (1d20+2=17, 10d6+7=41) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=707449)


______________________________
If Quintar can NOT see the black dragon, he'll move as neccessary to see the nearest wemic, and then hurl all the magic missiles he can at it, adding his edge.
1d4+8=12, 1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=707465)
"Now stop your snarling!"

Tarinth
2006-10-31, 01:34 PM
Ooh, this is sticky now. Well, I guess I'll go take care of the fanatic wemic since I'm no use to Quint. I'll throw a hand axe at the enemy kitty.
Hand Axe vs. Kitty (1d20+7=15, 1d8+7=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704563)
Well, thats no good(my ranged att's are stinky).
Meow, sniff... now my fur is all icky cuz of acid.
I've got 17 HP now just to keep you updated DM.

adanedhel9
2006-10-31, 01:53 PM
Tamboc and Squaw get themselves righted. If necessary, Tamboc remounts as a free action (ride check 1d20+12=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704582)). The two then start spiraling upwards.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-01, 04:46 PM
(( Quintar, you saw the Acid damage was the value before Acid Resistance, yes? So you only take 23 damage, shortly after being healed for 27. That's a net gain of 4 hp. How is it you are falling? ))

Entertainer13
2006-11-01, 06:15 PM
OOC: See my previous post (#63) for my attack.

EDIT: Sorry it took so long. I suddenly discovered that Russ Feingold was speaking on campus. He's so dreamy! ::eyeroll::

ericoedge26
2006-11-01, 06:49 PM
I'm assuming this time I can actually fire arrows at the dragon.
Arrows 1 & 2 Attack (1d20+15=21, 1d20+10=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=706489)
Arrows 1 & 2 Damage (1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=706491)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-02, 01:08 PM
(( Yippee. Big, Huge post for a whole round. :smallwink: ))

The blurring image of the Dragon makes it difficult for Quintar to properly aim his shot, and the orb streaks harmlessly through the lingering image of the Dragon's wing.

Chonk remains in Azadeth's tower, whimpering.

Both of Azadeth's arrows appear to just bounces off the dragon's hide. (( Oh, yeah. I just noticed that your figures don't appear to account for the fact you're wielding a +1 bow. ))

Tarinth drops the dorje and runs through Azzy's tower, drawing a handaxe as he does so. He hurls it down at the enemy wemic. His foe's rage blinds him to the incoming projectile which lodges itself firmly in the wemic's shoulder.

Noticing Tarinth's wounds, Tianna leaves the tower and casts a healing spell upon her teammate. (( Healed for 27 hp. ))

Tamboc and Squaw pick themselves up and take to the sky once more.

The Dragon wheels around the courtyard and tries once again to take abite out of Quintar, but her neck comes in at such a wild angle that the teeth just miss penetrating his chain shirt.

The sounds of combat within Azzy's tower continue, then there's a sudden whimper, and the sounds cease.

The wemic on the ground finally decides all this jumping is futile, reaches into his bag, producing a clay flask, which he hurls up at Tarinth. The flask instead hits the wall halfway up, errupting into liquid flame. The wemic below screams as some of the splashed, flaming liquid lands on his shoulder wound.

Mab attempts to cast a spell, but attempting to stay out of the range of that long, snakelike neck proves to be too much, and the spell fizzles.

(( And we come full circle. Quint's back up, and the Map is once again updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=12) ))

Entertainer13
2006-11-03, 01:25 AM
"C'mon! Fall, beast!"

Quintar hurls yet another Orb of Force, all while ordering Merlynn to go inside the tower, and join Chonk and co.
1d20+2=11, 10d6+7=42 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=708963)

Tarinth
2006-11-03, 10:12 AM
Tarinth mumbles his thanks to Tianna, draws his dire Pick, and wall walks down to the wemic using Psionic Lion's Charge. I am now out of Power points.
Dire Pick Charge (1d20+11=28, 2d6+9=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=709348) I accounted for a -2 att and a +2 dmg. I forgot however, that the dmg needs a -1 because it's alchemical so dmg 19.
EDIT: I charge around the spot on the wall that had the alchemical fire

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-03, 10:26 AM
Merlynn follows Quintar's orders and flies near Chonk.

Fortunately for everyone involved, Quintar is better at casting while ducking and weaving like Mab is (( Casting Defensively (1d20+15=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=709299) )). He casts the spell and hurls an orb of pure force into the dragon's maw. The dragon's head whips back as it screams in pain.

The cloudkill continues to drift away.

Chonk continues to cower inside the tower.

adanedhel9
2006-11-06, 12:01 PM
((I really wish I could line up a charge... Squaw can't take another tumble like that.))

Squaw and Tamboc swoop around, putting themselves above the corpse of the enlarged elf, facing the tower. No elevation change.

ericoedge26
2006-11-06, 08:47 PM
Azzy fires two arrows at the dragon.
Arrows 1 & 2 Attack (1d20+15=22, 1d20+10=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=714619)
Arrows 1 & 2 Damage (1d8+1=9, 1d8+1=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=714623)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-07, 04:48 PM
(( Azadeth, why must your d20 rolls suck so bad? ))

Azadeth's arrows bounce off the Dragon's hide.

Tarinth runs down the wall, drawing his pick. He manages to find just the right curve that keeps him out of his foe's reach. The maneuver catches the enemy wemic off guard, and Tarinth slams the pick right through the wemic's chest. The wemic falls, blood gushing to the ground.

Tianna makes a better showing of casting defensively. She chants a short prayer and points at the Dragon. The Dragon's image ceases blurring and there is also a slight shimmering, as if another effect was also dispelled.

Tamboc flies around the tower, circling into a position in which he can set up a better dive.

As the Dragon passes over, she snaps at Tianna, almost biting her head off. The Dragon circles around the tower again.

Mab braces herself, apparently waiting for the right moment to act.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=13) ))

Tarinth
2006-11-08, 10:41 AM
Um, what to do now? I-um-ya know... Nope, got nothin. Ooh, wait, I know. I start to dance, riverdance style. Wait, no. What can I do against a dragon that's useful. The music from jeopardy is ringing in my head. Well, shoot, I tell Chonk to come out and hog tie the sleeping wemics, if he's not to terrified of course. I also wall walk back up the wall to retrieve my maul and dorje. meow DORJE meow Actually, looking at the map and considering the wall height, I probably wont make it, so I sprint and wait to pick up my things next round.

Entertainer13
2006-11-08, 03:59 PM
Quintar holds his action, waiting for THE MOMENT the dragon will snap at him or anyone in sight. Then, he will unleash yet another Orb of Force on him.

Using Edge (1d20+2=6, 10d6+7=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=717902)

Well... its going to hurt like hell when that dragon comes in...

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-08, 11:15 PM
Quintar tenses with his readied action ((BTW, why are you still using a +2 on the attack roll? Your BAB is +5, and your Dex is +2, that makes it +7....), and Chonk continues to cower.

Entertainer13
2006-11-09, 09:48 AM
Because I like to ignore my BAB the entire time. Makes me miss consistantly! ((It's called a rain phart)).

ericoedge26
2006-11-12, 06:28 PM
Azzy fires two arrows at the dragon...
Arrows 1 & 2 Attack (1d20+15=16, 1d20+10=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=723963)((...and they suck))
Arrows 1 & 2 Damage (1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=723967)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-12, 10:52 PM
(( What is with your rolls, man?! ))

The guy that's supposed to be the ultimate archer still has trouble piercing the Dragon's scales. Maybe there's just too much turbulence from the flapping wings...

Tarinth climbs up the wall, and starts heading for his dorje and maul, making it as far as the tower.

Tianna moves up to Quintar and applies more healing (( 30 hp )).

adanedhel9
2006-11-13, 09:32 AM
Tamboc and Squaw spiral towards the middle of the keep (at least the portion visible on the top map), same elevation, facing northwest, then go into total defense. ((I can't get access to my character sheet at the moment, so it won't be changed there yet.))

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-13, 08:35 PM
Tamboc flies out towards the center of the keep.

The dragon flies by Azadeth, snapping at him. Quintar's orb of force just barely makes contact with the creature's wing as she bites into the elf (( Azzy takes 22 damage )).

As the dragon flies past Azadeth, Mab casts a spell, but nothing appears to happen. The Dragon flies through, and takes refuge within the area of darkness.

Chonk continues to cower.

(( Initiatives updated due to readied actions. ))

ericoedge26
2006-11-13, 10:11 PM
Azzy...arrows...dragon...
Arrows 1 & 2 Attack (1d20+15=35, 1d20+10=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725569) ((and finally the first one hits with a critical threat))
Roll for Critical (1d20+15=35) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725570) ((I kid you not, I got another natural 20 :D))
Arrow 1 Damage (1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725572)

Entertainer13
2006-11-13, 10:25 PM
If the dragon is in the right spot... Quintar snarls.

All right, dragon... let's roll the dice!

Quintar unleashes Prismatic Ray (ranged touch) on the dragon. Spin the wheel of fate... he's over 6 HD, so let's see what he faces...

1d20+7=16, 1d6=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725584)


Effect #5: Fort Save, or be turned to stone. DC 20 :biggrin:

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-13, 10:43 PM
(( Hey, there you go! You were saving the good rolls for later! :biggrin: ))

Azadeth's arrow buries itself in scales along the Dragon's neck. Though severely wounded, she manages to keep in the air.

Tarinth
2006-11-14, 11:27 AM
Meow. Tarinth continues with his previous intentions and picks up his things, smiling in satisfaction as the dragon nears a terrible death.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-14, 08:37 PM
Tarinth move out to where the maul and dorje are, sheathing his pick.

Suddenly realizing that she won't be able to patch anyone else together if she herself is dead or unconcious, Tianna heals herself, reducing her wounds to just a few scratches.

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=14) ))

adanedhel9
2006-11-15, 07:43 PM
((Oh, yeah; I forgot Squaw can do this...))

Squaw hovers. The pair readies an action to attack the dragon (5-foot, ummm, flapping? if necessary). Tamboc's attack will be a smite it if it happens.

readied smite (1d20+22=42, 1d8+16=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=728540)
readied smite crit (1d20+22=26, 1d8+16=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=728542)

readied claw (1d20+12=23, 1d6+5=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=728546)

Come and get me, foul beast!

((Oh how i could use some levels in Knight just about now...))

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-16, 09:32 AM
Squaw begins to hover and Tamboc shouts his challenge to the Dragon.

Quintar casts a spell, and a bright, colorful ray springs from his hand. Unfortunately, it is difficult to make out the Dragon's position in the darkness, and the ray misses ((Concealment Check (1d10=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729478) )).

Mab moves through the tower, towards the bodies of the shadow elves.

Unfortunately for Tamboc, the Dragon chooses to ignore the challenge as it takes a moment, safe from most others' attacks behind the wall of darkness, to renew its blur spell. (( Yeah, a Knight's Challenge would've been helpful there... :smallwink: ))

Tamboc and Mab grow suspicious as to the motives of the Dragon. It's unusually persistent. They are pretty sure something sinister is egging it on despite its serious injuries.

Chonk, still afraid to come out of the tower shouts, "Be caewful, Mabby!" as Mab runs past.

(( Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=15) ))

Entertainer13
2006-11-16, 12:02 PM
Quintar moves up two spaces, and then to the left, four spaces. He's tired of missing all the time, but tries to identify the spell the dragon cast on himself.

1d20+18=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729780)

I'll assume 33 tells Quintar its a blur spell. Therefore, there's still a chance of Magic Missile missing. Quintar grummbles and tries yet another Orb of Sound. (almost out of those...)

Using Edge (1d20+6=24, 10d6+7=50) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729791)

Hopefully it hits.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-20, 10:43 PM
(( Okay, it's been over 48 weekday hours, I'm gonna move this on. ))

Azadeth fires another two arrows, but they bounce of the creature's scaly hide. (( Dragon Attacks (1d20+15=27, 1d8+1=4, 1d20+10=22, 1d8+1=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=736359) ))

Tarinth picks up the dorje and sheathes it in his harness.

Tianna takes a quick look around to find out who's bloodiest, then moves over to Tarinth, and casts a healing spell (( Tarinth regains 21 hp. ))

(( Tamboc's up. ))

adanedhel9
2006-11-21, 09:17 AM
((Thanks for the line))

Tamboc and Squaw break out of hover and dive-bomb the dragon, continuing up and to the right after the attack. This'll be a smite.

Smiting dive bomb (1d20+24=44, (1d8+16)*2=46) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=736784)

confirm crit:
Smiting dive bomb (1d20+24=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=736790)

If it's a crit, that'll be 69 damage.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-21, 05:00 PM
Squaw dives. As he nears the Dragon, it lashes out in another attempt to ground the eagle and paladin. However, the sheer speed of the dive throws the Dragon's aim off, leaving her long neck vulnerable. Tamboc cuts a huge gash in the base of the dragon's neck.

As he does so, Quintar lets his orb of force fly. Despite the darkness and blurring, the orb flies true, striking just above the gash Tamboc just cut. There is a sickening crack, and the Dragon falls from the sky.

Mab looks at the falling dragon and cheers, "Aw, right!"

She takes a look around, then starts examining the body.

As Mab does so, Quintar hears a sickening cough and suddenly realizes that his cloudkill is rolling over the warriors held in trance by Mab's rainbow pattern.

Chonk peaks his head tenatively around the door and asks, "We win?

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=16) ))

Tarinth
2006-11-22, 10:30 AM
Sorry I missed yesterday's posting. I Tell Chonk to hogtie the two sleeping wemics and wall walk to the outer grounds. I go double move towards the wemics in the cloud.
I don't know what Mab plans to do about the cloudkill, but if she dispells it I want to try and subdue the wemics when they're free from it. Better yet, could she use the pretty colors to lure them into our underground cells?

Entertainer13
2006-11-22, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure how'd you go about hog-tying a wemic safely, but let's give it a shot. But let's wait to see about those wemics out in the distance. With the cloudkill and lights present, who knows what will happen?

Quintar goes to ground floor, the most direct route possible. Merlynn jumps on his shoulder on the way.

ericoedge26
2006-11-26, 08:06 PM
Azadeth follows everyone else toward the wemics.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-27, 09:09 AM
Azadeth runs down his tower's stairs. When he gets to the bottom, he sees the construct standing over a bloody mess that must have been a wemic at one point. He notices that the construct's stone body took the wemic's acid a lot better than his wall.

Tarinth runs down the wall and starts heading for the rainbow pattern

Tianna also runs down the towers' stairs.

Tarinth
2006-11-27, 10:36 AM
Ok, I run towards the Wemics some more. I assume I can't reach them this round, right. (The image of a hog tied Wemic makes me giggle. It'll take chonk allot of rope for three pairs of limbs)

adanedhel9
2006-11-27, 03:14 PM
Tamboc and Squaw spiral up and to the east far enough to see those helpless creatures about to die from hideous poisons, then dives towards them. I won't be able to reach them this round, though.

I'll save you!

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-27, 05:33 PM
Tamboc rushes to the rescue of the helpless villains as Quintar jumps down the wall and begins to float down with Merlynn joining him. (( You have a ring of feather falling, right, Quintar? I can't tell with the broken sheet link... hint, hint. Same hint goes for you, Tarinth. ))

The cloudkill moves further forward, causing one of the humans and another wemic to drop over

Mab stands up over the armored shadow elf, holding what is either a club or torch from the elf's belt. "Damn! I forgot all about them!"

She runs through Azadeth's tower, dropping the item from the corpse by Tarinth's maul. (This has the curious effect of completely negating the magical darkness.) As soon as she establishes line of effect, she waves her hand, causing the rainbow to move away from the poisonous vapors.

Azadeth notices that the few acid-pockmarks on the construct appear to be disappearing as new stone reforms in the pits caused by the liquid.

The remaining fascinated wemic follows the pattern, moving to its exact center.

Chonk scrambles down the stairs in Azadeth's tower, rushing past Tianna and the elf. "'Scoose me. Boss Kitty give me job."

(( Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=17) ))

Entertainer13
2006-11-27, 06:54 PM
Quintar will wait until the wemics left standing take an action. I will attempt to do a sudden diplomacy if they act aggressively, but I will first ask for their surrender.

ericoedge26
2006-11-27, 10:35 PM
Azadeth acts as a helpy helperton and goes with Quintar.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-27, 11:17 PM
Azadeth, Tarinth, and Tianna continue moving towards the rainbow pattern. (( Tarinth is now about 30 ft. from the pattern, less than a single move away. Azzy is just 10 ft. closer than Quintar is on the current map. ))

The remaining humans move into the pattern and continue to stand entranced, this time far away from the roiling cloud of noxious vapors.

adanedhel9
2006-11-28, 09:23 AM
Squaw and Tamboc make a diving bull-rush at the nearest human, with the intent of pushing the two away from the cloud.

Charging bull rush (1d20+10=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=747739)

Tarinth
2006-11-28, 03:01 PM
My Maul is with me. I spent two entire rounds with the explicit intension of getting my stuff. Are you saying it took me an entire round to get my dorje? In the time it takes people to cast spells, do epic battle, and run amok, I could just pick something up. Someone could search a body in a round faster than this. I need some kind of blunt object like a maul or the flat of a blade to do subdual damage, which is why I went to get it in the first place. Can my pick, a piercing weapon, or my claws, piercing slashing weapons, do subdual damage? If not, then I would like to pretend that I picked up my maul instead of my dorje. BTW, this is not a hateful rant for those of you who are touchy.:smallsmile: meow

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-28, 05:03 PM
(( See my previous post. The only humans that are both still on the field have exited the danger zone and are safe by 15 ft. I just haven't posted an updated map for them yet.

Quintar: The rainbow pattern should keep the creatures inside entranced until they are either subjected to danger or the duration for the spell runs out. They certainly will not act agressively or offer a surrender before then. (Spellcraft (1d20+18=33) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=748220)) I would recommend a more productive course of action. ))

Entertainer13
2006-11-28, 10:26 PM
Ouch... harsh.

adanedhel9
2006-11-29, 09:10 AM
Hmm, don't know how I missed that last sentence. I guess I'll start to fly around to get behind the archers, to block them in case they decide to run away.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-29, 11:42 AM
Tamboc flies around to the other side of the rainbow pattern, ready to cover any attempted escape once the spell ends.

Entertainer13
2006-11-29, 10:51 PM
So I wait and I'm wasting time?

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-30, 01:21 AM
(( Okay. Just thought you might like to do something other than wait. ))

Quintar slows down and begins to assess the situation.

Mab shouts out, "I'm bringing them closer to the keep!"She waves her hand, and the pattern begins to move towards the keep. (( Effect's center is now 25 ft. to the right and 10 ft. down from Tarinth's center. ))

The wemic immediately follows the pattern to its center.

Chonk slaps his forehead and says, "Siwwy me! I fowgot da wope!" He moves back into the keep to get some rope.

Tarinth
2006-11-30, 11:51 AM
Tarinth says to Mab, can that spell last long enough to get him to the cells below the keep or should I subdue him here?

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-11-30, 12:03 PM
"No," she shouts back, But I can try to get them to the keep where it will at least be easier to keep them from running! Failing that I can hypnotize them for a minute or two longer and maybe put a geas on one of them."

Tarinth
2006-11-30, 01:28 PM
OK, Tarinth will begin to accompany her back to the keep.

adanedhel9
2006-12-01, 09:28 AM
Tamboc dismounts. Squaw keeps in the same position to help with the archers, and Tamboc pulls out his wand of cure light wounds and starts checking bodies for life.

ericoedge26
2006-12-01, 08:59 PM
(( As I really can't figure what what I really need to do... ))

Azadeth hepls where he is needed, possibly making sure nothing "unexpected" happens.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-01, 10:05 PM
Taking Mab's plan as a hint for a possible course of action, Azadeth, Tarinth, and Tianna start back towards the keep wall to take up a position where they can block any escape attempts when the rainbow pattern goes down.

The humans continue to follow the pattern.

Tamboc sheathes his sword as he and Squaw land. Tamboc quickly hops off (Fast Dismount (1d20+12=32) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=755182)), and starts heading for the nearest set of bodies (even if he has to gracefully slip past two dangerous spell effects to get there.)

(( Quintar's back up. Map Updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=18)))

adanedhel9
2006-12-01, 10:18 PM
((Maybe—what do you do with the sword currently occupying that hand? ))

Okay, sheathe sword instead; I'll draw the wand on the next round.

Entertainer13
2006-12-03, 01:17 AM
Do what the others are.

ericoedge26
2006-12-03, 04:59 PM
Azzy continues making sure no one escapes.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-04, 08:21 PM
(( The following takes place over the course of five rounds. ))

As Mab brings the pattern towards Azaedth's tower, she shouts for Azadeth to help her inside the keep. Azadeth returns to the interior portion of the keep as the construct squeezes its way out the tower door. Mab casts a quick spell to fly to the ground level on the inside of the keep as the pattern enters the tower. She starts droning "Halt-stay-where-you-are-you-are-in-my-thrall-you-will-listen-to-me-and-not-yourself-you-will-only-hear-my-voice." Quintar, Tianna, and Tarinth guard the hole in the tower wall.

Tamboc reaches a group of unconcious humans and begins checking them for signs of life. He is able to confirm that two are dead and begins to check a third.

As Mab's rainbow pattern ends, her hypnotism takes effect, and the wemic and humans both continue to stand entranced. "Good. Now that I have your attention, please surrender yourself to my friends' custody."

The wemic drops his gear and holds his hands out in surrender.

Mab nods at Chonk, and the goblin begins to tie the wemic's hands with the rope he retrieved from the stable.

(( Azzy's turn. Map updated. (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=19) ))

Tarinth
2006-12-05, 02:36 PM
Tarinth asks Will that spell last long enough for them to walk themselve into our jail cells?

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-05, 02:49 PM
"The spell won't last more than a minute, but the suggestion should have a slightly longer lasting effect."

ericoedge26
2006-12-05, 07:45 PM
Azzy helps to tie people up if he is need for it...otherwise he just make sure everything goes smoothly if he is not required to help with anything.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-05, 09:11 PM
(( Anyone want to do something before these folks are moved to the dungeon? Otherwise, I think we can skip ahead. ))

adanedhel9
2006-12-05, 10:14 PM
Tamboc keeps checking on the downed opponents, healing as necessary. Squaw will do his best to rearguard the prisoners.

Entertainer13
2006-12-06, 02:45 AM
"I assume all of you, with the help of the construct, can handle them. I'm going to find our dear friends who joined us last night."

Quintar goes to do just that.

Tarinth
2006-12-06, 10:27 AM
Ooh, good call quint. I'm going to go get a shovel, if we have any at the keep, and start digging som shallow graves outside, and far away enough from the shore that I wont be digging in mud. (I think we need a janitor for this type of thing:smallsmile: )

Entertainer13
2006-12-06, 03:46 PM
You know... you could hand a shovel to the construct, and I'm sure it can do some digging. ;)

ericoedge26
2006-12-07, 01:39 AM
And he won't complain...SCORE! Anyways, I have nothing important to do before they're all locked up.

Tarinth
2006-12-07, 01:29 PM
Alright, I guess I can do that. How intelligent is the construct? Will I need to take him out and show him what to do, or can i just give him reasonable instructions?

Entertainer13
2006-12-07, 01:40 PM
He can do simple instructions like, "Anyone other than us *the Elfsong gang* enters into the courtyard, stop them." I'm sure as long as we're specific, we should be fine. But... showing him couldn't hurt.

Anyway, great DM, have I found our friends, yet? The gnome was freaking out, and well, that other dude? We need to question him, methinks.

Tarinth
2006-12-08, 10:31 AM
I take the construct outside saying follow me and procede to intruct it in digging a shallow mass grave. I tell him to stop when its large enough for fourty bodies.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-09, 10:38 PM
Mab hands Tarinth the control amulet so he can instruct the construct in the clean-up operation. Tarinth notes that there are no signs of damage on the construct's body, despite taking that flask of acid full-on earlier.

During his search of the bodies, Tamboc finds six men still living, though they are in need of medical attention. The shadow elves are both dead, however.

Mab leads the concious prisoners to the dungeons below the tower, while chonk binds the sleeping wemics. The cells are too small to hold more than a single wemic each. The human prisoners will have to be split among two cells while each wemic gets one of the remaining four to itself.

As Quintar heads towards the barracks, Jacasin emerges. "Wow! That was absolutely amazing! You killed that dragon. It was—it was—uh, I don't know how to describe it, but wow!"

Entertainer13
2006-12-10, 09:57 PM
((Um... that's the mean human I assume.))

"Uh, thanks. Come with me." Quintar motions for the man to follow him in finding the gnome, giving a sideways glance to the guy.

Quintar makes a sense motive check.

[roll0]

Tarinth
2006-12-11, 10:11 AM
I'm guessing the proccess of taking the construct and showing him what to do will take at teast three rounds, so I continue doing that again.

adanedhel9
2006-12-11, 10:40 AM
Tamboc will make as many heal checks as necessary. Here's some:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If there's someone who looks to be on death's door, I'll use my wand to to make sure they stay alive. Here's a bunch of those:

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Also,

Tianna! People hurt! I need help!

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-11, 11:43 PM
(( All the living soldiers you find are stable by the time you reach them. You can still heal them if you want. ))

While Mab, Tamboc and Tianna deal with the living, Tarinth deals with the dead, and Quintar speaks with the keep's guest.

Jacasin responds, "Yes, Lord Quintar?" He pauses for a moment then says, "Oh! Yes, by the way—you might want to check on our other friend. I don't think he belived me when I said it was safe. Last I saw, he was curled up in a ball by one of the bunks."

(( Results on the Sense Motive shall come after about a minute of in-game time of interaction. You need to see just a tiny bit more to get a feeling for his mood... ))

ericoedge26
2006-12-13, 03:10 AM
Azzy can go check on the guy...he's got nothing better to do.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-19, 11:05 PM
(( Oops, I missed that you were going to take Jacasin to check on the gnome. I was waiting for you to continue the conversation... ))

Quintar, Azadeth, and Jacasin go into the barracks, where they find Eckel as described. All huddled by one of the beds, he appears to be whispering something to himself. As you get closer, you can just make out, "IdontwannadieIdontwannadieIdontwannadie..."

Entertainer13
2006-12-20, 10:04 PM
"Dear friend," Quintar says, "The fight is over. We won."

He takes another look at Jacasin, and by side-long, I don't mean obvious. :p

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-21, 12:37 AM
Jacasin tells the gnome, "I told you it was over and we won."

Eckel looks up cautiously and asks Quintar, "They aren't making you get me, are they?"

Entertainer13
2006-12-21, 12:24 PM
"Whom is this 'they" you're talking about? I can assure you that we're not under threats. I would rather die than be a slave, in any form."

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-21, 01:52 PM
The gnome gets up, creeps to the small window by the bed and takes a peek."It looks safe..."

Jacasin replies, "Of course it's safe, you silly man! I told you: they killed the dragon. The bad guys are done for!"

Erckel looks at Quintar and Azadeth. "Woah..."

(( Quintar, Jacasin strikes you as honestly enthused and amazed at the party's feats of bravery outside. ))

Meanwhile, outside, Tianna and Tamboc tend to the wounded opponents, bringing them to the main keep. (( Are you going to spend any healing to make them concious? ))

Mab requests Tarinth come away from digging the grave for a while to help deal with the sleeping wemics—Chonk has tied them up and the spell is about to end. She wants to make sure they don't cause trouble when they wake up.

(( While doing the above, the relevant creatures are, of course, stripped of their gear. You don't have it all yet, but I'll let ya know that the 14 human archers all had: longsword, composite longbow, 32 arrows, banded mail, heavy darkwood shield, dagger, and 5 coronas. The wemics: a backpack, good quality breastplate, a good quality greataxe, 4 tanglefoot bags, and up to 10 clay flasks of strange liquids (there are a total of 74 flasks on 8 wemics, 39 of them are red with flames etched on them, and the rest are a deep green). The 3 folks have the same gear as the archers except they have no bows and arrows, their armor is of obviously nicer quality, and they have 5 silver suns in addition to the coronas. ))

adanedhel9
2006-12-21, 02:23 PM
For now we won't use any healing, I'd rather get all the living secured before we heal them.

If it looks like Mab & Tarinth are going to have any problems with the wemics, I'll head over to help them out, too.

Tarinth
2007-01-23, 03:09 PM
Ok, I guess I'll start taking down the huge tent. It'll be nice for the keep if we want to have a picknick or something. Meow:smallsmile:

adanedhel9
2007-01-23, 04:38 PM
Tamboc'll check over the bodies, looking for wounded to heal.

Tarinth
2007-01-24, 03:04 PM
BTW, just out of curiosity, what is the color scheme on the tent? Also, is there some means to carry it, like a cart or something that they used to haul supplies.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-01-24, 07:31 PM
Da Loot:
Taken from Razorvach's corpse:
Large greatsword surrounded in an aura of cold (radiates magic (duh!))
Large warhammer (radiates magic)
Large crossbow
20 Large bolts (radiates magic)
A potion-vial with smokey-grey contents (radiates magic)
ruby ring (radiates magic)
boots (radiates magic)
a giant-bag containing five throwing rocks, a tinderbox, cloak, boots, tankard, string, piece of fur, haunch of meat, knife, 30 flares

Found near the Hellhound's hitching post:
4 sets of barding, sized for the Large hounds (radiate magic)

The Scaly Orc From the Tent:
+1 full plate (radiates magic)
+1 heavy mace (radiates magic)
5 throwing axes
an obvious wand (radiates magic)
ivory ring with a scale pattern (radiates magic)
several silver necklaces, rings, bracelets, and earrings
pendant with an iron sculpture of a flame
component pouch,
6 flares, 34 silver suns, 50 coronas, 100 eclipses

6 of the more muscular orcs each had:
greataxe
full plate, flail
composite longbow
15 arrows
potion vial with red contents that smell of anise (radiates magic)
3 steel vials with an imprinted flame insignia (the first one opened has contents that burst into flame)
dagger in a boot sheathe

The remaining 24 orcs each carried:
38 coronas
greataxe
dagger in a boot sheathe
banded mail

The Four Ogres each had:
Large greatclub
5 Large javelins
Large breastplate
potion vial with red contents that smell of anise, the consistency seems a bit thicker than that found on the orcs (radiates magic)
potion vial with brown
3 smokesticks
a large onyx stone

Tamboc: While checking bodies, you find that one of the more muscular, better equipped orcs is still alive. Eight of the smaller orcs are also still breathing. One of the larger hellhounds is still alive, too. There is also a muscular orc that escaped injury due to his isolation in Mab's hypnotic pattern. Though he makes an attempt to fight back and escape when the spell wears off, you and the others quickly subdue him.

Tarinth: As you can expect from a fire giant, the tent is patterned in red and black.

While taking down the tent, you notice that, despite its size, it contains only bedding material and a large silver circlet. It looks like Razorvach was in a hurry when he was packing. Indeed, those scrounging around outside the campsite notice, even in the dark, that there isn't much in the way of camping gear. The only food items were personal rations set out near the orcs' and ogres' bedding.

Upon closer inspection, Tarinth notices that the large circlet is identical in all respects but size to the circlet Arzel was wearing—black adamantine with a prominent diamond. When detecting the loot for magic, it radiates a Strong aura.

Tarinth
2007-01-25, 10:10 AM
Nice, it's gonna be one helluva picknick. Meow

I guess it'll take me a while to pack things up considering I've never done it before. While we are packing up the loot I call over to Quint and ask What's our next move from here?

Entertainer13
2007-02-02, 07:57 PM
Quintar uses his cape to wipe the blood off of his longsword and then puts the blade back in its sheath. He looks at Razorvok's body.

"Mission complete," he says, "We clean up and camp for the night." The Warmage looks around the party.

"Did we bring anything for communication? I'd like to do some quick scouting in the morning and see if anything is up. Oh, and Tianna? Would you be willing to handle the paperwork on this one?"

adanedhel9
2007-02-05, 12:15 PM
After tending to the living brutes, Tamboc takes a few moments to clean up his sullied armor.

I scout now. Two battles tiring. Three battles deadly.

Tamboc walks over to Squaw and notices the red stains on his claws.

And look for stream to clean up in.

Tamboc and Squaw take off and start scouting around, looking for anything unusual. Squaw in particular is keeping an eye out for the orcs that fled his fury; if they are regrouping it could spell trouble.

Tarinth
2007-02-05, 02:13 PM
Well Quint, I guess the best communication device we have is Tamboc. After he scouts tommorrow he could go check in with the nearest government outpost. I have no Idea where that would be of course, but I'm sure Tamboc can spot a settlement from the sky. Too bad we didn't get any answers from those cursed drow.
Tarinth finishes packing up the loot and goes to bed. He'll take an early morning watch, like second to last if that's shiny.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-06, 07:46 PM
(( Tamboc, you do recall it's night. Won't have a particuarly good visual range for scouting until morning. ))

adanedhel9
2007-02-06, 08:39 PM
(( Tamboc, you do recall it's night. Won't have a particuarly good visual range for scouting until morning. ))

((I remember that it's night. Tamboc, on the other hand... :smalltongue:

Although I misremembered Tamboc's darkvision: I thought it was out to 60 ft, when it's only out to 30 ft. That makes a big difference.))

I cannot see well enough without Los to scout. I pray others do not come before He returns.

I will take first watch.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-06, 09:19 PM
(( Okay, then. Last call for any pre-rest activities... ))

Entertainer13
2007-02-06, 11:05 PM
Smacking Tamboc over the head until he falls asleep?

Diplomacy check to get him to sleep. Other than that, shove me wherever in the nightwatch rotation.

[roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-07, 12:21 PM
While checking the the items rounded up at the camp for magical auras, Mab says, "Hey, uh guys... This looks familiar."

Those of you who come running notice she's holding the circlet Tarinth found.

Tarinth
2007-02-07, 02:01 PM
Well, Tarinth walks over. Familiar in what way? I don't recognize it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-07, 05:50 PM
Mab explains, "Didn't we get something similar from that wizard that attacked our keep?"

ericoedge26
2007-02-08, 10:13 AM
Tarinth finishes packing up the loot and goes to bed. He'll take an early morning watch, like second to last if that's shiny.

((Azzy needs almost no sleep so he just needs one person to take watch before his shift))

Now that you mention it, it does seem familiar...

Azzadeth pulls out the circlet he retrieved from the wizard out of his haversack.

Ah, here it is.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-08, 05:08 PM
Comparing the circlets, you see that they are both simple adamantine loops with a light, nearly indiscernable scale-type pattern. Set within each circlet is a large diamond. The only difference between the two circlets is that one is sized for a human, the other for a giant.

However, Mab holds the larger one over her head. "Now, this one had a pretty strong aura. Most magical jewelry like this—Ah-ha!" As she puts it down, Razorvach's circlet contracts until it is just able to fit around her head.

ericoedge26
2007-02-09, 12:36 PM
Hmm....I'm guessing that means the two are somehow connected.

Tarinth
2007-02-09, 12:43 PM
DId she actually put on the circlet of unknown creepy evil badness? meow

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-12, 10:11 PM
(( No, she put on a piece of loot. There's nothing particularly creepy about it. ))

Tarinth
2007-02-13, 10:14 AM
It's magical and worn by evil bad guys. Until it's identified, it is unsafe. Besides, I get to determine what I consider creepy, so :smallyuk: . Meow.
P.S. I think random magical rings are safer to try on (not really) without knowing their powers:smallbiggrin: .

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-14, 08:37 PM
(( So no one wants to inspect/do anything about the circlet? Okay. Since it's pretty late, I assume you'll be sleeping in for your arcane casters' and psychic warrior's benefits... ;-) ))

The circlet certainly doesn't appear to be cursed, since, after her demonstration, Mab easily removes the item.

The rest of the night passes without incident. Tamboc and Tianna, are, of course up for sunrise, while Mab, Quintar, and Tarinth spend some extra time refreshing their minds to focus their arcane and psionic abilities.

Tarinth awakes feeling more refreshed than he did the previous day.

Quintar: it still unsettles you that Razorvach should have been running around the countryside, yet there is no sign of his usual quarry—slaves.

Tarinth
2007-02-15, 10:10 AM
Well, Tarinth will continue to sleep in until Tamboc is done with his scouting thingy.

Entertainer13
2007-02-15, 10:34 AM
Okay guys, after breakfast, we scout the area on foot. There has to be something nearby. Things are... unsettling about this situation. Razorvok usually has slaves along to act as servants, or is pursuing slaves. Something's out of place. He was ready for war.

Tamboc knows, that after an aerial sweep, to return here and then go on another sweep for the nearest government outpost. I'm sending a letter with him, written by the lovely Tianna, to ensure communication is... appropriate.

Then, I want us to split into teams. We're using stealth, people. Do not approach any enemies unless absolutely necessary. If they approach you, and know you're there, blow the signal whistle loud as possible. Merlynn will be flying between our positions.

I want us to head in the following directions: Tarinth and Chonk, angled leftwards from the camp, where Razorvok had been coming from. Azzy and Maab? To the right. Tianna and I will head straight in from where they came from. We'll head forward for about two to three miles, then head back and report.

Mind you, this is all if Tamboc doesn't find anything. Sound good, everyone?

ericoedge26
2007-02-15, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a decent plan to me.

adanedhel9
2007-02-15, 12:16 PM
Sounds good to me.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-15, 03:26 PM
(( How far out is Tamboc going to scout?

And don't forget you still have some prisoners (I almost did myself)... Most of them are still unconcious. A couple look like they might wake up soon. ))

adanedhel9
2007-02-15, 06:05 PM
((I'd say however much he can scout in 2-3 hours time. THat way Tamboc still has plenty of time to get to civilization.))

Entertainer13
2007-02-16, 01:50 AM
((Well, Azzy or Quint could go solo, so we can leave Maeb or Tianna behind. Also, Tamboc can do an overhead scout sweep in the largest radius, in the direction the ground force would go, for as far he could get within an hour - there and back.))

Tarinth
2007-02-16, 12:38 PM
I'm Ok with that, but I doubt we'll be much better than Tamboc's arial search unless we find more caves or something. Also, I will be sending Chonk ahead of me because I'm not so stealthy. If I come upon the enemy, I'm going to get found out, so I will have chonk go ahead of me about one hundred feet at least. This terrain is plains like with brush and trees here and there right, so I'm going to stick with cover as much as possible to hide my bulky kitty self.

Entertainer13
2007-02-16, 10:55 PM
((Aerial scouting can be useless over wooded land. Its easy to hide something in these wooded areas))

ericoedge26
2007-02-18, 01:01 PM
((Azzy can scout by himself...no biggie. He can shift into that pseudodragon if he needs to get away quickly. Or free from shift wings.))

Entertainer13
2007-02-19, 09:02 AM
((Hey! Shalar got a shave!))


((Yeah, this will all work, I guess. Let's get'ta work, boyees!... and girls!))

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-19, 12:24 PM
(( Okay, I'm assuming everyone is taking 10 on the relevant survival and search checks here... ))

After a few hours, Azadeth finds a sign of passage that might have been made by fleeing orcs. Then again, it might not have.

Tarinth is unable to find anything in particular that appears to be related to the baddies fought last night. However, chonk does find a pebble he swears resembles the old shaman of is former goblin-tribe.

Quintar and Tianna can, with a little effort, find a trail of broken branches and bent grass to follow.

Fortunately for Tamboc, it's a clear day. Just as he's about ready to turn back from scouting in the same general direction as Quintar and Tianna, he spies what looks like some smoke and steam near the horizon. Focusing in on it, it looks like the remains of some sort of camp.

adanedhel9
2007-02-19, 12:43 PM
((Hey! Shalar got a shave!))

((I'm not sure what you're referring to. You can't see any leg hair in stick-atar, I don't think I've ever noticed her having unusual amounts of facial hair, and her regular hair is as shiny as ever.

Either way, I think you need to watch your mouth!))

What direction is the potential camp in? (Relative to Razorvok's camp, that is.) I'll wait for Merlin to make his rounds and let him know what's up. Then I'm going in for a closer look.

Tarinth
2007-02-19, 12:51 PM
:smallsmile:Hooray, were off to face more baddies, in the wonderful world of magic under the sun. (If you read this in a singsong way, doesn't it remind you of we're off to see the wizard. Um anyway, it amused me for a second or two.)

Also, Tamboc, I think Quint is refering to the fact that our DM's avatar lost his beard. Besides, he obviously said it in a happy joking sort of way.:smallsmile:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-19, 05:23 PM
The camp is to the south and a smidgen to the west. But not enough to even call it south-southwest. Just "south and a smidgen to the west."

Entertainer13
2007-02-20, 12:25 AM
((Shalar used to be a guy... oh, never mind!))

Tarinth
2007-02-20, 11:37 AM
Well, I guess we're off. I am going to initiate Inertial armor before we go and augment it for a total of 5 points and a +6 armor adjustment, making my new AC a spiffy 23When we get closer to the camp site I will initiate conceling amorpha for 2 points.

(Ok, why is Tamboc peeved? I'm confused as usual. I guess Shalahar's Avatar does look like its got a boob coming off the right side, but i know that's his sleeve.)

Entertainer13
2007-02-20, 12:35 PM
(Ok, why is Tamboc peeved? I'm confused as usual. I guess Shalahar's Avatar does look like its got a boob coming off the right side, but i know that's his sleeve.)

((He... is a girl... now...))

Tarinth
2007-02-22, 10:05 AM
So, this camp is pretty small, right? We could surround it from all sides if that's the case, preventing them from running. Of course, Quint's sweet ranged spells would kill them all anyway, but we're going for capture right?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-22, 10:08 PM
The answer to that depends on a coupla details.

1.) Tamboc saw it just before turning back. He'll have to get closer to make out the details. So, does he?

2.) Has Tamboc reported this camp to anyone yet?

adanedhel9
2007-02-22, 10:56 PM
1.) Tamboc saw it just before turning back. He'll have to get closer to make out the details. So, does he?

2.) Has Tamboc reported this camp to anyone yet?



I'll wait for Merlin to make his rounds and let him know what's up. Then I'm going in for a closer look.

10 characters

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-23, 09:53 AM
(( Gah! I got so caught up in the Out-of-character GB-week comments, that I missed that! Sorry. ))

It looks like a mostly abandoned camp. There's only one tent that's still standing. But what captures your attention is a fenced in area with a lot of people in it. There are also a few larger humanoids on the outside. Can't be sure without getting much closer, but it looks like they might be ogres.

Of course, as it's such a clear day, if you get any closer to confirm that suspicion, they will definitely see you, if they haven't already.

ericoedge26
2007-02-23, 11:56 AM
To make sure they don't see me, I could hide and ready my arrows. That way they won't see me and if need be I can shoot my arrows.

adanedhel9
2007-02-23, 07:03 PM
Okay, we'll turn before we get too close and head back towards camp. Hopefully Merlin's relayed the message, and we can make our plan of attack.

((Quintar's 16 Int says we should probably take steps to make sure the presumed slaves don't get caught in the fray. Tamboc, Squaw, and Azzy could put themselves between the slaves and the guards while the rest attack from the other direction.))

Entertainer13
2007-02-26, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a plan, boys and girls. I say we just go for it, and position appropriately!

Tarinth
2007-02-26, 12:50 PM
Sounds good to me.

So, let's move out. As soon as I see Tamboc dive into the camp, I'll attack the first orc, ogre, or other icky thingy I come across.

ericoedge26
2007-02-28, 06:07 PM
I'm all up for it.

Tarinth
2007-03-01, 03:01 PM
So, now that we've all weighed in DM, does everything go OK en route to the camp. Do we have a map or is this going to be a rinky dink fight(and by that I mean no offense since these are probably just left overs from the main force of Raservak)?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-04, 08:52 PM
When you reach the camp, you find the place in shambles. Tents, flags, carts and more are scattered about. Much of the debris has been burnt. Some ash piles still smolder, creating the smoke Tamboc saw while scouting. There's even a small mound of as-yet unburied orc corpses.

Yet amidst all this destruction, there remains a slave holding pen, miraculously untouched. There are many people inside. Guarding it are two ogres and a hellhound.

After a short fight, you defeat the guards. The prisoners cry out, "Thank you! Please free us!"

ericoedge26
2007-03-05, 12:49 AM
Azzy can sets them free, but makes sure that some of the people stay for questioning.

Entertainer13
2007-03-05, 10:19 AM
Well, I don't think they have anywhere to go, Az. Let's feed them what we can, get them back to the camp site, and get what we can from here. If any of the ogres still breath, we take them back, and then all can be taken back to the castle.

Tarinth
2007-03-05, 01:58 PM
Meow? unburied orc corpses? These guys aren't the ones we killed, right? I ask one of the freed slaves what happened here(as Politely as an intimidating wemic possibly can and without any weapons in my hands).

adanedhel9
2007-03-05, 06:06 PM
Tamboc will check for injuries amongst the humans (?), then help Quintar out with any conscious beasts. Squaw will head to the sky again, to do some more scouting.

ericoedge26
2007-03-05, 08:17 PM
Azzy helps wherever needed, I suppose.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-05, 09:59 PM
You release the prisoners. Most are villagers from Serranton and Carascon. Among them are Wynn, proprietor of the Sleeping Dog inn in Serranton and his daughter Zelda.

"Quintar? Tamboc? Is that you?"

***

After letting them all out, Tamboc sees to the sick and wounded. Many are suffering from dehydration and have minor wounds.

As Tamboc does so, Wynn tells Quintar what happened:

"They were on us 'fore we knew what was happenin'. They came through tha forest. Even kept that dragon o' theirs flyin' low to take the drop on us. Not that it woulda mattered much anyway. It was a pretty dark night.

"Anyway, I was seeing to tha tavern. Summa the boys were restless, an' it was gettin' rowdy. But then there was a racket comin' from outside. I wen' out to see what was goin' on. Crazy ol' Kerith's place was already in flames. Next thing I know, there were orcs, ogres, fire-breathin' dogs, and a winged horror above. 'Twasn't pretty.

"I ran in, rallied the boys that could fight, 'n' set Zelda to gettin' everyone else to tha cellar. Grabbed myself my club from behind the bar. But I didn' last long. After clubbin' one o' them nasty pigs in the face, I felt a club behind my own head, an' everything went black. I woke up in this pen with pretty much the rest o' tha village.

"Late afternoon, they shackeled us up, packed up their camp, 'n' we moved on. They sacked Carascon the next night. Then they marched us to where we are now.

"Anyway, yesterday, they were resting when suddenly that dragon o' theirs rebelled. Don' know why. Tore up the place pretty bad. Even took a piece outta that big black guy that was leadin' the horde. But he—tha black guy—told the dragon somethin' an' the dragon flew off.

"After that, they packed up what they could, left those ogres and the dog you killed behind to watch us. Whatever they were up to musta been important, 'cause he got orcs moving about in the middle of the afternoon. I think he mighta been chasin' after tha dragon, but I can't be sure.

"So, that's what happened here. What're you doin' here?"

Entertainer13
2007-03-05, 10:26 PM
We were on a mission for the Empire. We were sent to stop this rampage. We'll take you back with us - all of you. I can't believe Serranton is gone...

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-05, 10:56 PM
Wynn responds, "Nay, lad. Just the buildings. Tha importan' part, tha people are still here." He suddenly frowns, "Well, mmm... most of 'em anyway."

Tarinth
2007-03-06, 10:10 AM
Tarinth asks, This, um, black guy. Did he have pointy ears and a thin fisique?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-06, 11:52 AM
Wynn gives Tarinth a puzzled look "No. He was bigger than tha ogres. Big 'n' beefy. Had tha flamin' red hair. He was tha leader."

adanedhel9
2007-03-06, 03:14 PM
((Hmmm, wanna bet the rebelious dragon was wearing a familiar-looking circlet?))

We need to get them to city. We can't hunt evil-doers with them nearby.

Tarinth
2007-03-07, 12:28 PM
Well, a black guy seems like it could have described a drow. Anyway, I agree with Tamboc. I bet that was the red dragon we already killed.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-07, 01:21 PM
(( If you want to take them to another town, nearest place is probably Villmore, but that's a small village that wouldn't be prepared for refugees. ))

After thinking a moment, Wynn volunteers, "Oh, yeah. I don' know if its important, but there were a coupla strange folks in cloaks in tha group, too. Certainly tweren't orcs. Din' get a good look at 'em, as they kept their distance, but I'm bettin' they were magic-users o' some sort. Didja know about them when you came?

"Oh, and exactly how're you plannin' to, uh 'stop this rampage' as ya said?"

Tarinth
2007-03-07, 08:34 PM
To Wynn I say, I assure you, we are more than prepared to stop these evil creatures from invading any more towns. We already killed the dragon you saw as well as the fire giant's main force of orcs and ogres.

Then I turn to Quintar. Well, we might as well take them to the town he mentioned. No place out here is prepared for refugees, but it will be better than nothing.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-12, 03:31 PM
(( Anyone gonna answer Wynn?
Anyone got anything to say about Tarinth's ideas?
Anyone got anything else to say or do?

P.S. I forgot to mention—Tarinth may be away on Spring Break, but he gave me permission to NPC him. So as far as I'm concerned, we're still on. ))

Entertainer13
2007-03-13, 09:19 AM
Um, we stopped it. Didn't we already tell them that we stopped them?

Quintar agrees with Tarinth's assesment.

adanedhel9
2007-03-13, 11:13 AM
Plus, when we get to Villmore, we can deliver the letter Tianna wrote.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-13, 01:42 PM
(( You said, "We were sent to stop this rampage." Doesn't say if you've achieved it yet or not. And Wynn's not quite aware a small group like yourself could have done that already...

So's everyone packing up for Villmore? ))

ericoedge26
2007-03-14, 03:32 PM
((I am on spring break as well so take into account we're having internet problems and I might not be on as much as I want to be.))

Sounds good to me.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-19, 07:42 AM
You salvage what you can from the camp, especially food and tents, and head off to seek help at Villmore.

As dusk approaches, Tamboc can make out the village on the horizon. If you keep going, it'll be a few hours after dark by the time you reach Villmore. But the refugees are obviously tired, so it might be a good idea just to set up camp and get to the village in the morning.

adanedhel9
2007-03-19, 11:33 AM
Sounds good to me. Should we send someone ahead to let the locals know we are coming? How far away is Villmore at this point?

Tarinth
2007-03-19, 03:18 PM
Well, I'm not exactly a PR guy and neither is Chonk. Quintar or Mab would be good choices for diplomacy seeing as we're telling Villmore the bad news that we're bringing refugees to their town. Of course Tamboc, you have the most expedient way to get there and back, and your very charismatic as well. Anywho, I'm OK with a surprise arrival too.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-19, 04:37 PM
(( The village is about 6 miles away. Once you figure in the terrain (you have been unable to converge with a road yet) and number of slower moving folks (children, injured people, a few halflings...), the whole crowd is moving at about 1.5 miles per hour (or 15 ft. tactical speed). However, Squaw should be able to reach Villmore in just under an hour. ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-19, 08:16 PM
Okay. Tamboc will ride ahead to give notice of the masses. He'll also take the letter, in case anyone in Villmore is in a position to do anything about it (doubtful, but possible).

Entertainer13
2007-03-20, 12:10 AM
Sounds perfect. We be off!

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-20, 07:48 PM
Being slightly smaller than Serranton, Villmore consists of a small core of buildings offering basic services for the greater community and a series of outlying farms.

The total dark of night has not yet fully set in by the time Tamboc reaches the village square. Though it is late and you would expect people to be home for the night, there is something unsettling in the quiet of the village. Lamp-light shining from windows betray which town buildings also serve as residences. One particularly well-lit building also reveals that even a hamlet this small can support a tavern.

adanedhel9
2007-03-21, 08:27 AM
I suppose I'll have to find someone with some sort of authority. Is there some sort of guard post, or a town hall, or something?

Tarinth
2007-03-21, 01:52 PM
LOL. Every town can support a bar. Have you been to Arcadia or any of the small towns around here. They have more bars than any other recrational buildings like churches and such.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-21, 05:42 PM
There's nothing that you can tell for sure would serve any of those functions. Villmore is small enough it doesn't have much in the way of official governance.

If any troops or guards were sent to Villmore, they'd need housing. They might have taken any rooms that are rented out in the tavern. If not, someone in there could probably direct you to whoever calls the shots in this burg when the shots need calling.

adanedhel9
2007-03-22, 09:15 AM
All right then, to the bar I go.

Who is in charge here?

Once I find the appropriate person:

As a servant of the king and church, ((Is that right? I don't if Tamboc is literally a servant of the king.)) I need the help of you and this village. We found a group of villages from Serranton and Carascon who had been taken as slaves. They will need beds and food until we can get help from king and church.

Tarinth
2007-03-22, 09:16 AM
What? I was making a joke DM, but in one of those sad honest ways where you know bars really are more popular than church. Anyway, I'm going to go stand in my corner now.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-22, 07:54 PM
As Tamboc approaches the tavern, he notices it is labeled with a sign reading, "The Villmore Drinkhouse: Travellers Rest Here." Upon coming through the door, he finds the tavern to be having a bad business night. Aside from the overweight bartender with the frizzy grey hair and Tamboc himself, there are only three people in the bar. Two of them appear to be sharing the table that is farthest from the third patrons spot.

Upon hearing Tamboc ask, "Who's in charge here," the lone patron, a man dressed in dark grey with greasy black hair and several days worth of bleard-stubble, stands up and responds with a scowl, "Who's in charge? Why, that would be me." He pauses and glances at the other men in the bar, as if challenging them to say otherwise. "What's it to ya?"

---

Upon hearing Tamboc's request, he makes an odd chuckling noise, "Well, they gotta find someplace else. They ain't welcome here. For the time being anyway."

((As this man says so, Tamboc notices that there may be something small hidden on the inside of the man's belt...))

adanedhel9
2007-03-23, 10:09 AM
I didn't ask for your welcome: they are coming here. I came ahead not to ask your permission, I came to give you fair warning, so that you have time to prepare for what decency and duty demand of you.

Now, if something prevents you from providing aid, speak, and I will do what I can to help. Otherwise, rally those who can help us, or at least stand aside and let us do the rallying.

Diplomacy [roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-23, 01:10 PM
The man in grey takes a moment and scratches his stubble. Looking like he made up his mind about the issue, he says, "You know what? Maybe you're right. It's late, but I suppose we should get on this right away. I'll need my, ah, assistant, Throelg to help. Fortunately, he's just outside. By the stables. Let's go out to meet him." He smiles and begins to move towards the tavern door.

Tamboc notices the one patron whose face he can see adopt a worried expression as soon as the man in grey mentions Throelg.

adanedhel9
2007-03-23, 02:25 PM
Can I roll a Sense Motive? Or did you already do that behind the scenes?

Lead the way.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-24, 10:03 AM
(( Well, I'm figuring on taking care of any opposed rolls vs. bluffing and all that, but you can certainly go ahead and try to get a "Hunch". ))

The man in grey opens the door and steps out onto the tavern porch, only to suddenly stop. "What the hell is that?" he asks, pointing at the giant eagle in the village square.

adanedhel9
2007-03-24, 11:08 AM
Okay then, a hunch it is: Sense Motive 1d20+1

Mrreeep.

She's Squaw. Don't worry, she's not dangerous.

((Except to filthy slaving orcs. *Snicker*))

adanedhel9
2007-03-24, 11:09 AM
((Okay, apparently hitting preview screwed that roll up. Let's try again: Sense Motive [roll0].))

ericoedge26
2007-03-24, 03:15 PM
I suppose Azzy should be waiting outside since he is kinda ugly.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-25, 08:14 PM
(( Uh, Azzy is back with the refugees, several miles away... ))

(( As to the dice roller: Yeah, the dice roller doesn't work if you use preview because of the way it tracks rolls to discourage cheating. If you wanna react to the result of a roll, you gotta do a full post and then edit later. Just don't change the text of the roll. ))

Tamboc feels like something isn't quite right, though he's not sure if it's the man in grey, the patrons, or just the fatigue from a long day playing havoc with his senses. It's probably the fatigue.

With a sideways glance, the man in grey responds, "Not dangerous, eh? Well, what's it doing there?"

adanedhel9
2007-03-25, 11:16 PM
Squaw's my mount. She's how I got here. She's how I'll leave when that time comes.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-26, 07:21 AM
He takes a tentative step towards the tavern's porch step, "Is she smart?"

adanedhel9
2007-03-26, 08:31 AM
Yes, she is. Now can we move along? Discussing Squaw's smarts isn't getting us any closer to helping these people.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-26, 04:57 PM
After a brief pause of thought, he abruptly turns to Tamboc and says,"Right!" He moves down the stairs and begins to stride across the square, "This way, please"

He stops in front of a dark building directly across from the Villmore Drinkhouse. It has a fenced off area to the side and some large double doors, one of which is ajar. The man in grey gestures, "After you."

[hr]
Back at Camp
Just as the camp is almost finished being established, Tianna approaches Quintar, "I think we should analyze some of the magic we've recovered so far before bedding down. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to look at?"

adanedhel9
2007-03-26, 07:31 PM
*Motions towards the door.* You know the way; you know your assistant. You should introduce me.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-26, 09:11 PM
"If you insist"

The man in grey takes a step towards the door, then suddenly stops. "Oh! Yeah, silly me. It's dark in there!"

He reaches to his belt. As his hand brushes against a small hip flask, he shrugs, removes it, takes a swig, then replaces it. He then grabs a small stick stuck in his belt, saying, "I'm sorry about that. Throelg has this thing about the dark. Something about sensitive eyes. He can see just fine in the dark, though. But we can't, can we?" (( The man in grey seems to be strangely nervous as he says this last bit. It's enough to make Tamboc think that there's more than just fatigue making everything about this encounter strange. ))

Attached to one end of the stick he took from his belt is a strip of paper. He quickly removes it, and the stick-end bursts into flame.

The man in grey steps through the door, takes a few more steps, then pauses, waiting for Tamboc to follow.

adanedhel9
2007-03-27, 08:52 AM
I'll follow him in.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-27, 11:31 AM
After Tamboc steps inside the strangely empty stable, the man in grey calls out, "Throelg! Come out!"

A deep voice responds from behind one of the stalls in the back—one still shrouded in shadow—"Go 'way, Galen! Tryin' ta sleep!

"Ah, but I have some work for you. Someone for you to meet."

At this, Tamboc sees a large shape rise from the shadows behind the stall. It is a humanoid figure whos head just barely misses scraping the 11-foot high ceiling. It says, "Work? You mean fun?"

"Yeah, fun. See, he thinks he can tell me who I have to let in our town. He wants to tell me what to do. We have to make sure he knows he can't, don't we? And since you enjoy it so much... Well, you don't have to be gentle with this one. I think he can take a lot."

(( Now is a good time for initiative, I think...

Also, got a new map (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php). I didn't bother with a key this time, as things are currently pretty self-explanatory. The shadowy areas correspond to Tamboc's vision, taking into account his 30-ft. darkvision. So, Throelg is indeed in shadowy illumination for Tamboc. ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-27, 03:34 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Regardless of initiative, this is what Tamboc'll try to do:

5-foot step towards the center of the room (if he can), draw his sword, and use a smite to activate Blessed Radiance (daylight as an SLA), placing it on some convenient object (the stall wall, if all else fails).

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-27, 04:49 PM
Galen steps back towards the door, throwing something he had ben palming in his hand in Squaw's direction. Whatever that object was lands on the ground and a whirling mass of air appears. At first Tamboc thinks it might have summoned some sort of tornado, except for the intelligent eyes that even he can make out in this dim light. But Tamboc only gets a brief glimpse of the thing before Galen yells, "Kill the bird!" at the elemental and slams the stable door closed.

The air elemental advances on Squaw and attempts to strike at her with freshly-formed amorphous limbs. But the eagle is too tough to be harmed just by that. (( A double whiff! ))

Tamboc steps forward, drawing his sword and brushing his hand against a portion of the neaby stall gate, wiling it to burst into light.

Throelg advances on Tamboc. As soon as he is in range, he takes a mighty swing with his fists. Though the paladin makes an attempt to duck under the swing, Throelg manages to connect a powerful blow to the head (( Critical hit for 17 damage )).

(( Tamboc: I'll let you control Squaw, so you can indicate a retroactive action for her, since she has an elemental to deal with now.

Init Count:
Galen and air elemental (Count 17)
Tamboc and Squaw (Count 12)
Throelg (Count 3)

Map Updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=1) ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-27, 05:20 PM
Squaw's initiative: [roll0]

(first round)

Squaw'll return the elemental's attacks:

Claw 1: [roll1], [roll2]
Claw 2: [roll3], [roll4]
Bite: [roll5], [roll6]

(second round)

Tamboc readies his shield, 5-foot steps forward, and smites the big guy.

Smiting longsword: [roll7], [roll8]

Squaw'll continue against the elemental:

Claw 1: [roll9], [roll10]
Claw 2: [roll11], [roll12]
Bite: [roll13], [roll14]

If the elemental goes down, she'll move towards the door of the stables, and (if she can) ready an action to grapple the first non-Tamboc that comes out.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-27, 08:16 PM
(( Duh! I forgot to take care of Galen's second turn at the top of the order... Let me know if it changes your course of action. ))

Squaw's claws manage to tear apart a few chunks of solid air. Although there is some substance to the elemental's composition, it is not solid enough for the claws to be completely effective (( i.e. it has Damage Reduction; Squaw's retroactive turn ))

Galen drops the torch as he pulls a bar across the door, locking it from the inside. As he turns around to face the melee in the center of the stable, his form changes. He appears to slightly larger and his muscles appear to become more developed and well-toned. (( Back to Count 17... ))

As the air elemental shifts itself upward about 5 or so ft., it takes another two swipes at Squaw. This time one connects. A powerful blow! (( 12 damage )).

Tamboc moves up, readying his shield. He calls upon the power of the sun as he takes a great swing with his sword. Holy energy surrounds the blade and bites into muscle.

Squaw continues to tear into the swirling elemental, though she continues to have trouble tearing anything of substance. (( All blows hit and deal some damage. ))

Throelg shouts, "Ow! Ooh! You can fight. This gonna be fun!" He steps forward, fits flailing. One connects, hitting Tamboc in the side. (( 10 damage ))

(( Back to the top of the order... ))

Galen takes a tenative step towards the melee. As he does so, he continues to transform. His skin hardens into a near-carapace as his limbs lengthen and the muscles underneath ripple. He draws a dagger.

The elemental shifts further upward, obviously itching to make this battle an all-out areial dog-fight. As it does so, though, it continues to lash at Squaw, bruising her shoulder (( 8 damage )).

(( Map Updated (http://h1.ripway.com/shhalahr/map.php?mapNum=2) ))

adanedhel9
2007-03-27, 09:25 PM
((Ouch. Squaw's not doing so well without golden barding.))

Tamboc 5-foot steps to the left and up, then full attacks Throelg.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Squaw will leave the ground, but instead of attacking, she's going the other way. Without a wider view, I can't tell you exactly where she goes, but she's aiming to go as far as she can (180 ft.) and still make it around a corner. Oh, and land when she gets there. ((She's more maneuverable that way... stupid flying rules.))