PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon ITP: Major Battle Thread

MCerberus
2010-06-12, 02:03 PM
This is the new thread for trainer vs trainer battles so that people can fight at each other without being stuck for (days?) a long period of time. Alright, with that said:

Rules:
The trainers must agree on the conditions of the fight, otherwise I will randomly roll them. As we've seen, it may end up in something you don't like like Hail.

In order to gain EXP for the fights, the trainers must have started it in the same Center.

Fighting for fun can be set up by trainers in different centers, but these will be holographic and your pokemon will not gain experience from them.

All fights are recorded for use as filler in late-night television.

Color codes - the HP status of the pokemon are represented on a scale from blue (full) to red (nearly out). Black means fainted.

Also doing gym battles here so there isn't some time dilation issues.

Victory Tally:
Ian: 1

Current Fight:

The-Mage-King
2010-06-12, 02:27 PM
Grinning in a manner not usually associated with him, Ian points at the Empoleon.

"Rush it!" He says, the Steelix charging at the bird in a rage from the Bubblebeam.

??? (2): [roll0].

100 or less hits. Super Effective.

McTurbo
2010-06-13, 04:27 AM
"Here it comes again! Use Dig!"

The Empoleon burrowed underground.

(How are the Pokemon color-coded?)

The-Mage-King
2010-06-13, 07:09 AM
"Steelix, return." Ian says, his Steelix vanishing in red light.

"Charizard, get above the storm!" He continues, the orange dragon-like 'mon appearing in the air above him.

McTurbo
2010-06-13, 07:11 AM
Empoleon used Dig!
Epic failure!

The-Mage-King
2010-06-13, 07:22 AM
"Charizard, return. Steelix, you're back. Rush that bird." Ian says, withdrawing his Charizard and releasing the Steelix, which speeds towards the Empoleon, rage visible in his eyes.

??? (2): [roll0]

100 or less hits.

McTurbo
2010-06-13, 08:54 AM
"Bubblebeam it again!"
100% acc [roll0]
10% lowers speed [roll1]

(If I understood right, critical hits are confirmed from the attack roll? If so, critical hit!)

MCerberus
2010-06-13, 12:47 PM
The delay in switching out your pokemon allows the Empoleon to get off the bubblebeam. The Steelix falls to the ground just short of the bird.

The sandstorm rages.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-13, 05:44 PM
"Steelix, return. Gallade, finish this one with Psycho Cut." Ian says, withdrawing his KO'd Steelix and sending forth his already damaged Gallade.

Psycho Cut: [roll0]

100 or less hits.

MCerberus
2010-06-14, 12:32 AM
It's super effective!
Empoleon faints!
The Sandstorm rages

((sorry turbo, there just wasn't any way you could have beaten the Gallade's speed))

McTurbo
2010-06-14, 03:07 AM
(Agreed. I think this is the fifth round of sandstorm, meaning that it will last about two more. Scizor has Smooth Rock.)

"Return. Go, Scizor! Use Wing Attack!"

100% acc [roll0]
It's super effective!

The-Mage-King
2010-06-15, 07:24 PM
"Slicy, return. Go, Flamer." Ian retorts, withdrawing his Gallade and replacing it with his Charizard.

"Flamethrower."

Flamethrower: [roll0]

100 or less hits. Super Effective.

MCerberus
2010-06-15, 11:22 PM
It's super effective!

Ian recalls Gallade.
Ian's Charizard uses flame thrower!
It's super effective!
Scizor faints!

((The charizard is faster than the Scizor. You could use your turn to bullet punch the charizard, but that may not be so smart))

McTurbo
2010-06-16, 01:08 AM
"Hey, I'm losing! Go, Metang! Use Zen Headbutt!"

90% acc [roll0]
20% flinch [roll1]

The-Mage-King
2010-06-16, 10:01 AM
"Victory is with our grasp! Flamer, FLAMETHROWER!"

Burn chance: [roll1]

100 less hits.

10 or less burns.

It's Super Effective!

MCerberus
2010-06-16, 07:29 PM
The Charizard moves to light the foe's Metang alight, but is bombarded with psychic energy and then loses its concentration as the Metang runs into it.

Charizard flinched!

The-Mage-King
2010-06-16, 07:35 PM
"Again!" Ian yells, pointing to his foe's Metang.

Burn: [roll1]

100 or less hits. 10 or less burns.

Super Effective.

McTurbo
2010-06-17, 02:12 AM
"Go through it with your Zen Headbutt!"

Zen Headbutt against Flamethrower [67]

90% acc [roll0]

MCerberus
2010-06-22, 01:11 AM
((sorry completely spazzed on this. I could have sworn I said, explicitly, that headbutting against a flamethrower is a bad idea))

The Metang heads straight into the heart of the blaze hoping to take its foe by surprise. The Flamethrower ends just in time for the Charizard to see the flying rock as it hits its face. Both pokemon look about ready to collapse.

Critical Hit!
Critical Hit!

The-Mage-King
2010-06-22, 08:22 AM
"Finish it!"

"CHAAAARRR!!!" >Translation: Leeeeeerrrrrroooooooyyyyy Jeeeeeeeeennnnnnnkkkkkiiiinnnnsss!<

Burn: [roll1]

100 or less hits. 10 or less burns. Super Effective!

MCerberus
2010-06-28, 11:00 PM
((Time's up for a response))

The Metang falls to the ground unable to continue. Winner: Ian

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 12:14 AM
Roark Vs Zayn

"Let's see if you're as good as you look, Onix Go!"

Onix, level 18, male

Roark vs James

"I knew you were trouble as soon as the whole group of you rolled into town. Nothin' like some trouble to keep the earth spinning. Go, Geodude!"

Geodude, level 18, male

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 12:54 AM
Zayn smiles and grabs a Pokeball from her belt. I'm Zayn. Nice to meet you. She releases Columbina. The Venusaur roars and squares off against the Onix. Columbina! Use Energy Ball!

[roll0]
100 or less hits
[roll1]
10 or less lowers Special Defense.

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:06 AM
As your Venasaur arrives on the battlefield, Roark points towards you and your pokemon and was about to send a command before Columbina sends it flying past him. Roark recalls the fainted rock-snake and sends out an Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyl, level 20, male.

"Hold on, let them make the first move"

Aerodactyl readies a parry.

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:10 AM
Stalling? That's not going to work, I'm afraid. Columbina, use Sleep Powder! The Venusaur launches a wave of green powder towards the Aerodactyl.

[roll0]
75 or less hits.

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:12 AM
"Ace that stuff away, Aerodactyl!"

Aerodactyl used Aerial Ace!

[roll0] less than 89 parries

Using a cushion of air resistance, the ancient bird flies through the sleep powder without harm before striking at your Venusaur... for very little damage.

It's super effective!

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:15 AM
Damn. Zayn frowns. Don't worry Columbina! Take it down with a Sludge Bomb! The Venusaur complies by shooting a glob of purple sludge at the Aerodactyl.

[roll0]
100 or less hits.
[roll1]
30 or less poisons.

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:22 AM
Sludge and goo stick to the wings of the Aerodactyl and splash in its eyes. It emits a surprised screech before being grounded.

"I've got something waiting just for someone like you coming around. I'm not out of this yet!"

Roark throws a pokeball on to the field and out pops a 7 foot tall chunk of steel.

Aggron, level 43, Male

"Go get him Aggron! Iron Head!"

[roll0] Accuracy: 100
[roll1] 30% chance

((that roll should say iron head))

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:24 AM
Columbina, stop that Aggron in its tracks with Sleep Powder! The Venusaur leans forward, ejecting more powder from the flower on its back.

[roll0]
75 or less hits.

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:28 AM
Roark's momentary increase in confidence takes a sudden dive as the unstoppable juggernaut of his team... stops... for a nap.

Aggron is fast asleep!

[roll0] <--secret roll you can likely figure out what it's for

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:30 AM
Heh. Nice shot. Now follow up with an Energy Ball! Zayn commands.

[roll0]
100 or less hits.
[roll1]

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:32 AM
The energy ball hits the Aggron, the energy of the attack not phased by the strong physical defense it's known for. Unfortunately for it, the other trait it's attributed, the large amounts of anger, doesn't do much while in dream land.

Normal effect
Aggron is fast asleep

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:34 AM
A tough one, it seems. Luckily, Aggron's not that strong against Special Attacks. Shoot off another Energy Ball, Columbina. Columbina roars and fires another attack.

[roll0]
100 or less hits.
[roll1]

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:41 AM
The last attack is too much for the Aggron to stay (relatively) up. It falls over onto its back and is immediately recalled by Roark.

"Not many are able to skunk my after I pull the Aggron out. Good battling."

Roark approaches you and hands you a badge and a small TM.

"Someone like you'd likely use that to continue your win streaks. Just be careful, it's not something they sell in stores."

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:43 AM
Zayn smiles and takes the Badge. She opens her jacket (offering Roark a glimpse of her 8 Kanto badges) and pins it to the inside before closing it again. She pockets the TM. Thank you. What does it do?

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 01:45 AM
"Called stealth rock. It's a move I developed that litters the enemy side of the field with jagged boulders that hurt anything brought in."

Raistlin1040
2010-06-29, 01:47 AM
Zayn begins thinking of the possible applications of such a technique, as she thanks Roark again and leaves the Gym.

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 10:40 AM
Go, Troubadour! Rain Dance! Ludiiiiiiii...COLO! The Ludicolo leaps into a frantic dance, shaking his maracas and spinning around, the damp stone in his lily pad rolling around... and hitting xylophone keys lining the inside of the hat-like appendage, which creates an eerie jingling cacophony as the 'mon dances.

EDIT: And of course, the sprinkler systems in the room activate, as if by magic.

The "Rain" is Heavy!

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 03:17 PM
Roark looks pretty annoyed by the sudden onslaught of water in his gym.

"Like we need more of that around here. Geodude, Stealth Rock!"

Rocks litter the battlefield.
The rain is heavy.

Roark vs Johnny

"Let's see what you've got!"

Roark sends out Geodude, level 19, male.

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 03:35 PM
You've only seen the first stage of wet Troubadour here can accomplish. Now, since we're on raised platofrms an' all... Troubadour! SURF!

[roll0] 100 or less hits
213.75 power from a level 35 (after STAB and Rain)
Double Super Effective!

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 05:36 PM
The Geodude didn't really have a chance against that attack.

"Let's see how you do against something a bit more challenging, courtesy of the museum."

Kabutops, level 37, male

"Let's see if we can't mess up your strategy a bit. Sandstorm!"

A sandstorm brewed

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 07:56 PM
That was a fake out, mate. Troubadour! Energy ball! Rock and water may be better against water, but its just as bad against grass!

[roll0] 100 or less hits
120 power (after STAB) from a level 35
Double Super Effective

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 10:28 PM
Kabutops is a critical health!
Troubadour was buffeted by the Sandstorm!

"Hang in there, Kabutops! You won't go down that easily!"

Roark's pokemon rushes towards Troubadour and slices him open and draws energy out of him.

[roll0] 100% accurate

Kabutops used Mega Drain!
Troubadour was drained!
Kabutops is injured

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 10:32 PM
Troubadour is mildly injured, he supposes. Two buffets and a non-stab neutral attack from Kabutops' off-attack stat hasn't done much.

End it, Troubadour! Energy Ball!

[roll0] 100 or less hits.
120 power from a level 35
Double super effective!

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 10:38 PM
Kubutops has fainted!

"I'm not finished yet!"

Roark sends out Onix, level 20, male!
Troubadour is buffeted by the sandstorm!

"You can't hit what's not there! Dig!"

Roark's Onix starts digging a tunnel through the arena. The tremors are telling that it's approaching.

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 10:46 PM
You're still okay, Troubadour! Rain Dance while its underground!

Ludicolo danced excitedly and made music!
The Rain began to fall!
Ludicolo's Rain Dish restored its HP!

Ludicolo is pretty hurt, but mostly just annoyed.

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 10:51 PM
The happy dance is cut pretty short when Roark's Onix rises up from the ground, bludgeoning Troubadour and pelting him rubble. Luckily, the pinata-duck has seen much worse.

[roll0] 100 acc

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 11:06 PM
The "Rain" is falling heavily!
Troubadour! Flood the room again, so he cannot dig, and swamp him while you're at it! SURF!

The wave, augmented by the sprinkler system, crashes into Onix, and fills the hole he just dug and the bottom of the room, effectively swamping it again and preventing it from burrowing effectively.

[roll0] 100 acc
275.15 power from a level 35
Double super effective!

Troubadour's rain dish healed its HP!

MCerberus
2010-06-29, 11:15 PM
The wave makes short work of the Onix. With the battle over a few of the trainers scramble in to try and shut off the sprinklers. While they panic, Roark simply pulls the master switch.

"Actually happens a lot. Anyway, you did more than good enough to deserve your badge, and get a copy of the gym's TM. Move's Stealth Rock, it'll cause havoc if anyone tries to switch out a lot."

Roark hands you the two objects and the usual prize for beating a gym leader.

"Just stay away from the mine with the dance."

Shadow_Elf
2010-06-29, 11:22 PM
James tips his hat to Roark. Thanks, podnah. I'll be sure to keep Troubadour from dancing out o' doors unless its real necessary, no one needs more floods an' they already got. He returns Troubadour, and he and Precious return to the pokemon centre. Hey, I know y'all're busy in 'ere, but I just need to heal one o' my 'mons real quick. He then turns to Precious. Precious, would y'all find Rogue fer me? We should find 'im before we head to Eterna City. But of course, James dear. Precious sets out to find the Eevee-training treasure hunter.

McTurbo
2010-06-30, 03:54 AM
Johnny is now on the platform. "Finally! Go, Empoleon! Use Bubblebeam!"

Johnny sent out Empoleon, level 37
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2d/395.png

[roll0] 100% acc
[roll1] 10% lowers speed

Eternal Drifter
2010-06-30, 12:43 PM
Oreburgh Gym

The Furret appeared! (Level 23, Female)
The Furret would like to battle the Gym Leader!
The Furret is glowing blue!

MCerberus
2010-06-30, 05:24 PM
Roark vs Johnny

"Geodude use Stealth Rock!"

Roark's Geodude starts picking up some sharp rocks before being pelted by the high-pressure bubbles and falling to the ground.

Roark sends out Onix, level 20, male.

"Onix, use Screech!"
[roll0] 85 acc
Effect: Defense goes down 2 ranks

Roark vs Furret

"Well look what we've got here."

Roark sends out Aggron, level 43, Male.

Eternal Drifter
2010-06-30, 05:40 PM
Roark vs Johnny

"Geodude use Stealth Rock!"

Roark's Geodude starts picking up some sharp rocks before being pelted by the high-pressure bubbles and falling to the ground.

Roark sends out Onix, level 20, male.

"Onix, use Screech!"
[roll0] 85 acc
Effect: Defense goes down 2 ranks

Roark vs Furret

"Well look what we've got here."

Roark sends out Aggron, level 43, Male.

FUURRRR! The challenging Poke'mon is not pleased with the turn in events. She was expecting an easier challenge, not one far above her level!

Time for her escape plan...

The Furret used Surf!
The Furret used Quick Attack?
The Furret fled using Run Away!

Surf: [roll0]

Roark might have to do some mopping up before the next challenger...

McTurbo
2010-07-01, 01:17 PM
"Screech? Ouch. Empoleon, Return. Go, Metang!"

Johnny sent out Metang, level 38
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e7/375.png

"Earthquake!"

[roll0] 100% acc

MCerberus
2010-07-02, 01:33 PM
The Onix's body segments start to rumble and move uncontrollably before it falls to the ground.

"The plan never comes together until the end, can you stay calm?"

Roark sends out Kabutops, level 37 40, male
Roark's Kabutops readies a parry.

McTurbo
2010-07-05, 01:40 AM
"Another Earthquake."

[roll0] 100% acc