PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 The best used timestop you've ever managed?

ChrisDemilich
2010-06-12, 07:36 PM
This is a thread for people to post stories of the most incredible series of actions they've ever pulled off while time stopped.

Mine is rather bland actually. Level 17 at the time. It goes as follows:

Timestop

Round one. With a rod of greater metamagic: quicken in hand, I first used a quickened miracle(through arcane disciple) to give myself righteous might. Then I case Miracle to give myself divine power.
Round Two: I cast a quickened Mind Blank. Then stoneskin.
Round three. Quickened Greater Invisibility, use my move action to put away the rod, then Polymorph into a Battle troll.

I am sure there are better ones out there. I am just waiting for someone to mention "My own personal demiplane with the slow time trait" XP

RelentlessImp
2010-06-12, 07:49 PM
"Time Stop."
"Quickened Delayed Blast Fireball. Delayed Blast Fireball."
"Delayed Blast Fireball. Celerity. Delayed Blast Fireball."

Time stop ends, setting off a chain reaction of Delayed Blast Fireballs strategically placed across a battlefield of ~100,000 mooks (5th-8th level Warriors) marching in formation. It didn't kill them outright, but it permitted the defending army (20,000 3rd-6th level Fighters) to one-shot most of the invaders.

And that's how I single-handedly saved a nation.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-12, 07:55 PM
Timestop
Round 1 SA: Shapechange into dragon
Round 2: Stoneshape the biggest boulder you can manage to carry on your dragon form
Round 3: Double move action fly upwards the highest you can
Round 4 free action let go of the boulder Move action fly downward, Standard action, once in range of you breath weapon use it (breaking the Timestop effect) the boulder now falls from REALLY high.

PId6
2010-06-12, 07:58 PM
Not quite Time Stop, but...

Swift: Activate Boots of Temporal Acceleration for two free turns.
IndentTurn 1:
IndentStandard: Activate Helm of Teleportation to Teleport close to enemy wizard.
IndentMove: Move next to said wizard.

IndentTurn 2:
IndentStandard: Activate Antimagic Torc, which ends Temporal Acceleration.
Standard: Initiate grapple.

And that's how a fighter 20 beat an unprepared and not extremely optimized wizard 20 in an arena. :smallbiggrin:

Raiki
2010-06-12, 08:06 PM
Background: Being attacked by 2 Great Wyrm Orange Dragons, currently swimming full speed down a very fast moving river.
Time Stop:
R1: Prismatic Wall, Quickened Prismatic Wall (rod of quicken, behind 1st wall)
R2: Prismatic Wall (behind 2nd wall), Quickened Prismatic Wall (behind 3rd)
R3: Prismatic Wall (Behind 4th), Quickened Prismatic wall (behind 5th)
R4: Prismatic Wall (behind 6th), Quickened Wall of Force (behind last Prismatic)

Needless to say, when the Time Stop ended, we had 2 very dead dragons. One had failed it's save vs. the petrify effect, the other was overcome by the sheer amount of damage dealt by the first few layers of the prismatic walls, and the collision into the wall of force.

:smallbiggrin:

~R~

The Dark Fiddler
2010-06-12, 08:24 PM
Well, it was a Psionic Power rather than Time Stop, but same effect, basically.

I used it to cheat at an in character dice game for the Ring of Three Wishes that we looted. Against another player with Divine Ranks. :smalltongue: (I lost anyway).

gallagher
2010-06-12, 08:37 PM
i place people in the bar in various suggestive positions. it isnt the most economical way to start a bar fight, but it is indeed the most entertaining