PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A few questions

Marriclay
2010-06-15, 08:22 PM
Question 1: if you were to take a warlock character, and choose practiced spellcaster, would it increase your Eldritch Blast damage as you level up in another class?

Question 2: I'm looking to make a sneaky type character, and I was thinking of making a rogue and maxing out how many attacks I can make in a round alongside how much sneak attack damage I can do. any suggestions? I'm open to either sniping or two-weapon fighting, and I was thinking of using unseen seer to take Hunter's Eye. What does the playground suggest?

Keld Denar
2010-06-15, 08:28 PM
1) No. EB damage is a function of what would be Spellcaster Level, not Caster Level. There is a difference.

2) Adding Natural Attacks helps, especially if those attacks don't require the use of the appendige that wield a weapon. That way you can make your full iteratives (with both main hand and offhand as applicable) then make all of your natural attacks as secondary natural attacks. MoI is really great for adding natural attacks, as is a wise race choice (Kobalds, for example, get claw/claw/bite).

Marriclay
2010-06-15, 08:30 PM
2) Adding Natural Attacks helps, especially if those attacks don't require the use of the appendige that wield a weapon. That way you can make your full iteratives (with both main hand and offhand as applicable) then make all of your natural attacks as secondary natural attacks. MoI is really great for adding natural attacks, as is a wise race choice (Kobalds, for example, get claw/claw/bite).

natural weapons, you say? so, what if my race was changeling and I took warshaper to get mutable weapons so that I could grab a giant squids 10 tentacle attacks as the natural attack I can grow?

Keld Denar
2010-06-15, 11:58 PM
Warshapers creating as many natural weapons of whatever size they choose is one of the most blatent abuses of Warshaper. Technically, there are no restrictions, however your DM might choose to place a restriction upon you.

So yea...

eldon18
2010-06-16, 05:28 AM
If he nerfs you I would go with a Archer build are great for number of attacks you still geet your sneak attack too and you can stay at a distance

but if you want to go melee im personaly a fan of a bugbear two-weapon hand fighting build you wont have alot to hit but have lots of attacks compared to the challenge ratings you will be fighting