PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 8

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-15, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the eighth incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum, here, random banter is there for a reason. Also, be kind to new posters. No hazing, organ harvesting, or other threats, no matter how silly.)

Jokasti
2010-06-15, 10:54 PM
Hello, new playgrounders!

Recaiden
2010-06-15, 10:59 PM
Hello, Jokasti!

Blue Ghost
2010-06-15, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the Playground, one and all... um, Jokasti and Recaiden.

Jokasti
2010-06-15, 11:13 PM
I see you shaved. Is that so you don't scare the newbies anymore? :smalltongue:

BlueWizard
2010-06-15, 11:32 PM
A little hello, from the Blue Wizard.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-15, 11:34 PM
*burble* Whooooa WHITE OUT!

Temotei
2010-06-16, 12:27 AM
I see you shaved. Is that so you don't scare the newbies anymore? :smalltongue:

It's to lull them into a false sense of security.

Serpentine
2010-06-16, 04:05 AM
*burble* Whooooa WHITE OUT!JABBERWOCK! GEDDIT!

Amel
2010-06-16, 04:24 AM
Where's the vorpal sword when you need it!? Snikker snak!

dcb42
2010-06-16, 05:30 AM
Right, so, um... hi, an' stuff!

Eloi
2010-06-16, 05:32 AM
Hi, I'm still new here, I think. Well I haven't been here for a month, so I count that new. :smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2010-06-16, 07:17 AM
Welcome Divine Coffee Binge 42!
We adore Douglas Adams fans here

DavtehProphet
2010-06-16, 11:38 AM
Hello, I'm Dav.
I'm an avid fan of the d20 system recently converted by a bunch of books my grandfather gave me, with the insistance that I was 'into this stuff.'
I've played one or two long term campaigns, which I enjoy. What really gets me, however, are the one shot 'pick up games' I play in real life. The kind of games that you play in their entirety in the back of the laundromat, from character creation to final encounter.
I love non-core rules. I bought a copy of the Elements of magic, Revised edition, as well True Sorcery. Both awesome.
I've been tossing around an Idea of late, of a savage world with a similar geography to earth (Saves me some trouble).
Anyhow, here's a hearty welcome to myself!

Lyra Reynolds
2010-06-16, 04:13 PM
Um, hi! Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account.

I'm a 27-year old female Dutchie. I've been playing D&D for a few years now, reading OotS for about as long. I currently play in 2 campaigns, a female Changeling Rogue named Lyra Reynolds (yes, first name from His Dark Materials/The Golden Compass, last name shamelessly stolen from the good Captain Tightpants) and a male Changeling Bard named Lux. I also DM my own (Steampunk) campaign for nearly 2 years now and I don't think I could miss it anymore! My group of players is insane, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. They're also all female, and I don't know if it's because of that, but I've had to houserule pregnancies, became the proud NPC father of one of my PC's baby, and a couple of months ago I ended up proposing marriage to one of my players - her character had been flirting with one of the NPCs for a while and he finally got up the courage to ask her. Thank God she accepted. XD (And the rest of the party cheered and "aw"ed!).

I expect I'll mostly be lurking but... here I am. :)

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-16, 04:20 PM
How did it take 11 posts for a new member to post? :smalltongue:

@Lyra: Get ye to Dallas-Dakota, (s)he needs more Dutchies to revitalise your nation's meetup (assuming Dutchie = of the Dutch national persuasion).

Welcome all new members both before, behind and parallel to my post! :smallbiggrin:

Kallisti
2010-06-16, 05:34 PM
Kobold-Bard, how dare you snub the new members betwixt the post:smallmad:?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-16, 05:39 PM
Kobold-Bard, how dare you snub the new members betwixt the post:smallmad:?

Because they're evil that's why :smallwink:

For Valor
2010-06-16, 05:41 PM
...Define "new"...

that aside, hullo everyone.

Kallisti
2010-06-16, 05:41 PM
I thought pixies were always Neutral Good?

Amel
2010-06-16, 06:08 PM

I'm Lawful Evil, soooo.... Yay for evil Pixies!

Kallisti
2010-06-16, 06:15 PM
But with the SRD proven wrong, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#pixie) RAW itself will collapse.

I hope you're happy, Amel.

Amel
2010-06-16, 06:21 PM
But with the SRD proven wrong, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm#pixie) RAW itself will collapse.

I hope you're happy, Amel.

Can't you see me smiling? Besides, and this may be the 2nd ed. lurking in my brain, but I seem to recall an evil pixie called a Brier Pixie. The 2nd ed. won't get out of my mind!!!

GaiTavMag
2010-06-16, 07:53 PM
I had to go to three different versions of this thread to get to one I could actually post on.

WOW, this forum's been around for a while.

....hi.:smallbiggrin:

rotopagsu
2010-06-16, 08:43 PM
-Confused.- I think this is where I say hello, but I could be sadly mistaken. Anyway, i'm new. Hello all.

banjo1985
2010-06-17, 08:53 AM
*waves hello to all that are new*

*glares mistrustfully at the other posters he already recognises*

...you'll do the same after a while, trust me. :smalltongue:

Temotei
2010-06-17, 01:52 PM

That only applies about 99% of the time, methinks.

sol-decentguy
2010-06-17, 05:02 PM
Hello OOTS world, planning on trying to stay on topic as best I can. Nice to meet you all:smallsmile:

RipperOfShirts
2010-06-18, 08:50 PM
Hi all. Just read through the entire comic and decided to join the forums. I've been gaming for a few months now, mostly only intro games, with only one 'campaign' which lasted about 15 sessions. Anyone wondering about the name, it's a running gag with my housemate. We deliberately set ourselves up for disappointment,upon which we loudly cry "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and rip the shirt we are wearing off our backs. Because there's not enough dramatic moments in real life so we feel the need to create them.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-18, 08:53 PM
Hi all. Just read through the entire comic and decided to join the forums. I've been gaming for a few months now, mostly only intro games, with only one 'campaign' which lasted about 15 sessions. Anyone wondering about the name, it's a running gag with my housemate. We deliberately set ourselves up for disappointment,upon which we loudly cry "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and rip the shirt we are wearing off our backs. Because there's not enough dramatic moments in real life so we feel the need to create them.

I approve of this so much it's a shame I'll never be up this late (by my standards) ever again. Keep up the good work.

RipperOfShirts
2010-06-19, 01:07 AM
I approve of this so much it's a shame I'll never be up this late (by my standards) ever again. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Glad I can make the avoidance of sleep worthwhile. And Hooray for it being daylight hours for me

KerfuffleMach2
2010-06-19, 01:11 AM
I also approve of such activities of awesomeness.

Anywho, welcome all new peoples! Please leaves your shoes and sanity at the door!

RipperOfShirts
2010-06-19, 01:13 AM
I also approve of such activities of awesomeness.

Anywho, welcome all new peoples! Please leaves your shoes and sanity at the door!

But I like my shoes. They is all big and stompy. And sani-whatnow?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-06-19, 01:15 AM
Yeah, but then you track mud into the place, and Roland has to clean it up, and that makes him grumpy. And a grumpy Roland is never good.

Sanity? It's...something...I think I used to have it once. Maybe. I don't remember.

Jos
2010-06-19, 07:38 AM
Hello all!

I am a longtime D&D fanatic and stumbled upon this fantastic site awhile back, and have been a huge OotS fan since. I recently started taking a peek at the forums and discovered I'd been missing out on a great community of fellow gamers and roleplayers.

So here I am!

I'm definitely interested in trying out some play-by-post gaming, so I'll head over to the recruitment area and see how it goes.

Thanks, and hope to get to know you folks better. :)

Arpat
2010-06-19, 09:54 AM
Hi,
i'm a dutch male, active player and as DM running a pathfinder kingmaker game with four great players.... no, let me rephrase... awesome players in a real life interaction dicerolling action game. also called tabletop :smallsmile:

i am a little overwhelmed by the sheer size of this forum, but that didn't stop me. It's just that i need a doctor to fix my two noodles in me head.

I like to join in on a pathfinder game. I am currently playing in a dungeon delving game as a halfling bard. (Dordolio) (link (http://pbphouse.com/forum/index.php?board=238.0))
and in TheOnlySheet i play in Legacy of Fire as a halfling rogue. (sadly a members only forum):smallfrown:

If you have a spot let me know. :smallbiggrin:

Lyriall
2010-06-19, 01:13 PM
Hullo everyone. I posted in the previous thread already but I'd like to inform everyone that I read OotS 1-300 last night and will most likely be sticking around. :smallbiggrin:
(I find the name of that emote, "smallbiggrin", very ironic. Just saying.)

Now I just need a fitting avatar. I somehow feel that the one I've been using doesn't work...

-continues where I left off on OotS-

Form
2010-06-19, 02:24 PM
Well, hello everyone. I guess you got another new guy your forums here now.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-06-19, 09:27 PM
Ah! New peoples!

Hello to everybody, and welcome to one of the least sane places on the internet.

Except for Google. That's in it's own category of lack of sanity.

Sneak
2010-06-19, 09:28 PM
HEY NEW PEOPLE WHAT IS UP

No, I'm not an idiot. I promise. Well, not really.

Anyway, welcome.

miibtp
2010-06-20, 09:22 PM
Ah! New peoples!

Hello to everybody, and welcome to one of the least sane places on the internet.

...Do you really expect people to join when members advertise their sanity/lack thereof by announcing this? it's true but, well...

anyway, Hello to everyone :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2010-06-20, 09:24 PM
...Do you really expect people to join when members advertise their sanity/lack thereof by announcing this? it's true but, well...

anyway, Hello to everyone :smallbiggrin:

Yes, yes we do. Welcome, and don't try to fight the madness.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-06-20, 09:53 PM
Yes, yes we do. Welcome, and don't try to fight the madness.

Embrace it.

Hug it.

Water it daily.

It shall reward you.

Probably not with cookies, though.

iroZn
2010-06-21, 05:41 AM
Lurked for so long, decided it was finally time to make an account! Hi everyone! :smallbiggrin:

headmonkeyboy
2010-06-21, 10:40 AM
HI IM HEADMONKEYBOY:smallsmile:

headmonkeyboy
2010-06-21, 10:58 AM

SOO TRUE!!!:smallbiggrin:

crazywolf
2010-06-21, 04:39 PM
hi i'm crazywolf and i'm fairly new to D&D i have been reading the Oots comic for about half a year now and i figured i should join the forum. the first game i played was a basic D&D game with my uncle and a few cousins but i have a VERY active imagination and about half a year later i got inspiration to run a 3.5 game as a new DM :smallsmile:

Cealocanth
2010-06-21, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the Playground, Headmonkeyboy and Crazywolf.

Sneak
2010-06-21, 11:28 PM
Yeah, welcome 'n' stuff.

Em Blackleaf
2010-06-22, 02:20 AM
Beinvenue mes nouveaux amis!

Yeah, I'm not really French. But, welcome anyway! Have fun in these forums! I know you'll like it here. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-22, 02:22 AM
'Allo, 'Allo, velcome to theze forums.

M. Mayonnaise
2010-06-22, 12:40 PM
Hi, I'm new.
Glad we got that out of the way. :smallbiggrin:

Sweet Sorrow
2010-06-22, 01:14 PM
Um...Hi. I was referred by a couple of people. What happens around these parts then?

Eadin
2010-06-22, 01:34 PM
Hi!
I'm (kinda) new, I signed up here a while ago never dared to post anything up till now...so hi ! :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2010-06-22, 02:13 PM
Welcome to you all.

Glad you decided to post, Eadin. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Now, Sweet Sorrow, people talk about things, talk about games, play roleplaying games and message board games of various sorts, create RPG materials, and a few other things.

Eloi
2010-06-22, 02:16 PM
Hi!
I'm (kinda) new, I signed up here a while ago never dared to post anything up till now...so hi ! :smallbiggrin:
Welcome to the jungle. :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-06-22, 02:17 PM
Um...Hi. I was referred by a couple of people. What happens around these parts then?

Love, joy and community. Welcome, Sweet Sorrow. I like your name, by the way. :smallsmile:
And welcome to everyone else.

Eloi
2010-06-22, 02:30 PM
^ Are you following me now? Hmmm..

Love, joy and community. Welcome, Sweet Sorrow. I like your name, by the way. :smallsmile:
And welcome to everyone else.

Yep, this by far has been one of the most friendly communities I've been a part of. Probably because there isn't much in the way of politics/religion/etc. debate like in other forums I've been to.

Eadin
2010-06-22, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the jungle. :smallsmile:

eek:smalleek:

Recaiden
2010-06-22, 03:32 PM
eek:smalleek:

And you are truly among mad people. But it's a very nice place. The nicest I've seen.

Eloi
2010-06-22, 04:09 PM
(Hm...she eek'd, she must know that song, I thought it was fairly obscure)

And you are truly among mad people. But it's a very nice place. The nicest I've seen.
I second that notion.

Eadin
2010-06-22, 04:11 PM
(Hm...she eek'd, she must know that song, I thought it was fairly obscure)

I second that notion.

haha thanks:smallsmile:
and yes, I know that song :smallbiggrin:

Rokurai
2010-06-22, 06:40 PM
Interesting, I suppose I did things out of order, but better late then never...

21 male, currently living in the US. I've been a DnD player for a while, though I had a dry spell a few months back when I did no tabletop or computer-related gaming. Currently boycotting 4e, as they created a battle simulator instead of the infinite creation engine that was 3.5e, but that's a rant for another time. Currently DMing 2 FR Epic campaigns(Elder Evils = win) and always creating new things, working on building a lvl 3-15(maybe 17) Eberron Campaign, and trying hard to create balance in classes where there is none(i.e. druids, ironic, no?). That's the current situation in a nutshell. Glad to meet you all, and I hope I can crush nurture your hopes and dreams in any way I can.

PS: I noticed 'member list' is down, so Artemis, if you're out there, and want to know the conclusion to Ryln and Brie's story, send a PM my way.

Cobalt
2010-06-22, 07:37 PM
Interesting, I suppose I did things out of order, but better late then never...

21 male, currently living in the US. I've been a DnD player for a while, though I had a dry spell a few months back when I did no tabletop or computer-related gaming. Currently boycotting 4e, as they created a battle simulator instead of the infinite creation engine that was 3.5e, but that's a rant for another time. Currently DMing 2 FR Epic campaigns(Elder Evils = win) and always creating new things, working on building a lvl 3-15(maybe 17) Eberron Campaign, and trying hard to create balance in classes where there is none(i.e. druids, ironic, no?). That's the current situation in a nutshell. Glad to meet you all, and I hope I can crush nurture your hopes and dreams in any way I can.

PS: I noticed 'member list' is down, so Artemis, if you're out there, and want to know the conclusion to Ryln and Brie's story, send a PM my way.

Welcome to the Playground. And yes, things like the Members List and Calender are down to save on bandwidth. This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155222) in Board/Site Issues may be relevant.

Anyway, welcome, again. And welcome to all the people who make a post after this one. And who made a post before this one. And who made a post in between this one.

...Wait...:smallconfused:

(:smallwink:)

Jaster
2010-06-22, 11:59 PM
Well, hello. I've lurked for a long time, before finally getting around to actually creating an account.
I play Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 and a 1st/2nd edition hybrid), though my group and I are trying to branch out to other rpgs.
I guess I finally have a chance to join in on the insanity here.

Killer Angel
2010-06-23, 02:31 AM
I guess I finally have a chance to join in on the insanity here.

You're welcome!
eh
eheheh
ehehheheheheeh
muhahahahahaahahahah
aahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahah

Clockwork Hero
2010-06-23, 07:56 PM
Hello,

Finally posting something after joining this site a little while back. I've been playing DnD since the Byzantine days of Advanced, and I admit that was only fairly recently converted over to 4E from 3.5 after actually playing a few sessions. Primarily though, for most recent time, I've been a a Savage Worlds or nWoD player/Gamerunner. For the most part, however, I'm sort of the resident DM for most games, and only recently have had a change to be a player (the aforementioned 4E game).

Hope to enjoy my time here, the people here seem like an interesting lot to say the least.

Strawberries
2010-06-24, 12:56 AM
Hello, Clockwork Hero and everybody else.
Don't let the mad people scare you. :smalltongue:

Jakes78
2010-06-24, 07:51 AM
Hi to all

Jaco here from South Africa. I have been reading OOTS way back from the start, but have only joined the forum now.....have been missing out. Will hopefully join on of the play-by-post games soon as I've been out of roleplaying for a while.

Hope you all are enjoying the World Cup as much as we are.

Cheers

Jakes

ijffdrie
2010-06-24, 10:13 AM
ijffdrie from the Netherlands here. I don't have any experience playing D&D, but I have read a lot on how to play it, finding a few of the 3.5 sourcebooks to read online, which means I probably skipped an important part (the rules on breathing :smalleek:).
I love creating fantasy worlds and have done so since long before I heard of Dungeons and Dragons. Tinkering with some of the Monster Manual races (and wikipedia) to construct a world right now.

I probably won't post here much in the next two weeks(test week), but after that I have a vacation and will try to integrate.

SSJ Ranulf
2010-06-24, 03:34 PM
Greetings to everyone on this forum. I've seen enough interesting discussion here to finally get me to join in. That, and the fact that I've been fairly bored this summer makes this all the more appealing.

I've been to a few forums before, but never one quite this big, or one so focused on roleplaying games. I'm excited to join one like this, and I hope I can add something positive to the forum.

As I have a real life, and it's summer (which means "vacations" to me), I'll be away every once in awhile, but I should be on once a day or so. If you'd like to drum up conversation with me personally, feel free to send me a message.

My regards to the entire forum.

Natural 1
2010-06-24, 07:51 PM
Hey everyone!

I should have joined this forum ages ago when I started reading OOTS, but better late than never, right?

Mostly here because the forum looks entertaining, I'm a veteran D&D junkie, and I need to start joining forums so I can plug my new webcomic (which I'll avoid doing in this thread as I believe it is against the rules).

Nice to meet you all!

Rokurai
2010-06-25, 03:42 AM
Welcome to the Playground. And yes, things like the Members List and Calender are down to save on bandwidth. This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155222) in Board/Site Issues may be relevant.

Anyway, welcome, again. And welcome to all the people who make a post after this one. And who made a post before this one. And who made a post in between this one.

...Wait...:smallconfused:

(:smallwink:)

Thanks, I was able to(through that link) obtain the information I needed. You saved me lots of time pouring through verbose threads.

Cobalt
2010-06-25, 03:49 AM
Yeah, there's typically a link to solve any problem/answer any question that comes up. Checking Board/Site Issues (or just asking a question there yourself) every now and then has solved me a great deal of trouble. Glad I could help.

bkbirge
2010-06-25, 09:17 PM
Hi all, just found OoTS from some random web surf and spent a couple days reading it all in one go. Funniest thing I've read in a long while. It is quite annoying now to have to wait for each page after reading 700+ so fast. Anyway, don't know much about the RPG stuff except enough to get most of the 'in' jokes, but even so I love it! Brains!

Rinnin
2010-06-26, 02:50 AM
hello one and all. so yeah.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-06-26, 08:12 PM
Hello to the new peoples!
Yay! Fresh blood! New targets!
And welcome to Giant in the Playground!

ijffdrie
2010-06-28, 04:22 AM
I do have three small questions though:

1. Where did the name of this community come from?
2. where can I ride this 'giant'?
3. I saw a second hand book market last friday and picked up the 3.0 Player's Handbook for ten bucks. Now I'm wondering; Is there any place to see the complete changes from 3rd to 3.5th edition?

GusGusStrumSong
2010-06-28, 06:24 PM
Hey guys, I use to post on Avatar Battle Royal back in 2008. Anybody remember that?

I was hoping to just look back and see if anyone still carried it on?

btw. How do you do spoilers? i haven't been on in a Looooooong time.

Gravious
2010-06-28, 07:07 PM
Hello people. I am pretty much a newcomer to D&D (3.5 only) and after reading OOTS and other stuff on Giant in the Playground finally decided to join the forums. I've read pretty much everything on the site and, of course, love it all (who doesn't?). After reading a few I think I might be interested in the play-by-post roleplaying, so you can probably expect to see me there. Stole this name from the guy you give your release papers to in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. And yes, it was hit last name. :smalltongue:

EDIT: And yes, I am fairly sure I spelled the name wrong.

Dogmantra
2010-06-28, 07:12 PM
EDIT: And yes, I am fairly sure I spelled the name wrong.

You did. No O in the real thing. I'm a massive Morrowind nerd and I approve regardless. Howdy.

Howdy to everyone, actually.

BlueWizard
2010-06-28, 07:12 PM
Definitely check out the Play-by-Post games! :smallcool:

GreenZ
2010-06-29, 12:32 AM
Hello.

1. I've been PbP RPing for some time now but never touched D&D. (all text, no stats; different in a lot of ways.)
2. I recently played a single game of D&D with my friend and his friends, somehow ended up sticking my hand in a Gelatinous Cube attempting to retrieve a weapon floating inside it. :smallbiggrin:
3. Found OOtS and then this forum, noticed the D&D RP and had nothing else to do and way too much creativity.

So I'm heading in head first, gunna make a post in the Play-by-Post 'recruitment' board in hopes of finding some help... I learn quickly, have the books, but don't even know how to create a character properly (though I've been reading up on how to.) :smalleek:

Cobalt
2010-06-29, 12:52 AM
I do have three small questions though:

1. Where did the name of this community come from?
2. where can I ride this 'giant'?
3. I saw a second hand book market last friday and picked up the 3.0 Player's Handbook for ten bucks. Now I'm wondering; Is there any place to see the complete changes from 3rd to 3.5th edition?

1. Rich's username is 'The Giant,' and so when he made the site (his 'Playground,' so to speak), the name carried over.

2. I don't think Rich want's you riding on his back... :smallwink:

3. Probably. Google search? I don't know where, exactly, but it more than likely exists.

Anyway; Hello, newcomers to the Playground! Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Recaiden
2010-06-29, 12:54 AM
1. Rich's username is 'The Giant,' and so when he made the site (his 'Playground,' so to speak), the name carried over.

Was it not that his username elsewhere, long ago, was "Giant in the Playground", and the site is named after that? Just, with this being the playground now.

Cobalt
2010-06-29, 01:09 AM
Was it not that his username elsewhere, long ago, was "Giant in the Playground", and the site is named after that? Just, with this being the playground now.

Well, I'm going off an old Wikipedia Entry I read, like, 3 months ago, while being bored in the school library. So I wasn't really paying attention to the text. But that's what lingered in my memory.

Either way, it had the word 'Giant' in it. So close enough.

Strawberries
2010-06-29, 01:39 AM

Yes. It's in the FAQ. And incidentally "Giants in the Playground" is a quote from the TV series Babylon 5 (like science fiction? Have never seen it? GO. NOW. You won't regret it :smallbiggrin:)

Also, welcome everyone!

hookbill
2010-06-29, 02:12 PM
hi all (again) had to redo my account since it wouldn't let me log in. of course that was a long time ago. :smallbiggrin:

Noircat
2010-06-29, 05:27 PM
Hello hello.

I like the rp and the rpg and a great deal other things. Here to have fun.

master zzan
2010-06-30, 07:39 AM
hello every one.
I'm new to this forum. been gaming for years (started on d&d 2nd edition,had a whole campaign build on it,then had to move it to 3rd ;).
anyway iv been reading the forum for a while and at last wanted to add some stuff to it.so hope u all like it.

LittleMountain
2010-06-30, 04:59 PM
Hi there. I've been coming to GITP to read OOTS for longer than I can remember (I'm pretty sure when I started, the Order was still in Durokan's Castle :elan:) but forums have a tendency to turn me away :smallfrown:

However, recently I've been on a Tabletop RPG-fueled nerd rave, but no one on my end seems interested. I'm hoping I'll have more luck finding a campaign on here. Besides, social shyness is for the meek!

That about sums it up. Happy postings :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2010-07-01, 03:40 AM
a warm welcome to hookbill, Noircat, master zzan and Littlemountain!
We're always glad to meet new members. :smallsmile:
Let the Playground grow more and more!
Soon, all the Web will be ours!!
WE SHALL CONQUER THE WORLD!!!
bhuahahahahah

(naturally, simulating madness is a perfect way to conceal the Real Secret Plan)

Gaius
2010-07-01, 01:38 PM
Ahoy, everybody. I see I'm kinda like LittleMountain: long-time reader, first-time poster, may give more love to the Play-by-Post Games than to the rest of the forum. :smalltongue:

Still, I've lurked long enough to know you're all a clever and entertaining bunch, so it's a pleasure to be joining the ranks. Even if mostly to crack jokes and scuttle off when the lights come on. :roach:

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-01, 01:48 PM
Hey, welcome to the Playground, Gaius! :smallsmile:

I spend a lot of time in the Play-by-Posts too, but only in the Silly Message Board Games and Freeform Roleplaying, since I don't really have the patience to do everything via rulebooks and dicerolls. :smalltongue:

I hope you have fun here!

Skybound Fencer
2010-07-01, 03:01 PM
Hello, everybody.

I am (the) Skybound Fencer, also known as (the) Earth-Bound Fencer. I understand that's quite a mouthful, so just call me SBF, Skybound or Fencer. But hey, it's your choice.
(The "the" isn't there because I'm giving myself an arrogant title; rather, without the "the", I would've written "I am Skybound Fencer", which makes me sound like the Heavy Weapons Guy or something.)

I am a long time reader of the Order of the Stick, and I've been lurking these forums for a while. I am male, 18 years old and Swiss.
Well, I'm no good at introductions, anyway. See you guys and girls later - hope you don't find me to be too much of a nuisance.

P.S. Oh, and I apologize if my English is a little... sketchy. Not my first language, you see. Please correct me if you spot a mistake.

mikej
2010-07-02, 04:33 AM
Yo, welcome to the Playground, Skybound Fencer.

For a person that's not good at introductions. That was pretty good. :smallwink:

max-is-working
2010-07-02, 10:47 AM
Hello. I'm new. I joined because I was interested in the Iron Avatarist contest. I like doodling OOTS-style stuff when I'm at work.

Jalfje
2010-07-02, 11:56 PM
Hello all, I'm new here, and check out these smilies!

  

 

  

 

 ©® ™

No, Emoji's.

super dark33
2010-07-03, 02:29 PM
chacking my avatar

Irony
2010-07-05, 07:31 PM
Hey, Irony here. I've been "around" since close to the beginning of OoTS, but never made it to the forums and decided to register when I heard about the quality of PbP here.

Sneak
2010-07-05, 08:01 PM
Welcome, Irony! You have a fantastic username, seem to have at least a moderate grasp on the mechanics of spelling and grammar, and are from Portland, Oregon! You're seem pretty cool.

And welcome to everyone else as well. You all seem pretty cool.

And that is some pretty darn spiffy OOTS-style art, Max-Is-Working.

AxelVampir
2010-07-07, 08:42 PM
Hallo alle

Yes I know that those are misspelled its German, and I think it looks cooler

I'd like to start off by saying that I love epic bluff checks ie: my fiend and I, a bard and an assassin, respectively, once, in game, were walking through a town and saw a jewelry stall, we needed cash, so he pushed everything on the front into his backpack, the shopkeeper didn't see this, but the guards did so he handed me the bag and i knew what to do.
The guards ask,"What's in the bag?"
I say,"Nothing."
"Hand it over."
"ok" as I hand them the bag i take the jewels out, they see me do this.
"Whats in your hand?"
"Nothing."
Guards say,"ok."
guards rolled 2 i rolled 18

Cobalt
2010-07-07, 08:54 PM
Hallo alle

Yes I know that those are misspelled its German, and I think it looks cooler

I'd like to start off by saying that I love epic bluff checks ie: my fiend and I, a bard and an assassin, respectively, once, in game, were walking through a town and saw a jewelry stall, we needed cash, so he pushed everything on the front into his backpack, the shopkeeper didn't see this, but the guards did so he handed me the bag and i knew what to do.
The guards ask,"What's in the bag?"
I say,"Nothing."
"Hand it over."
"ok" as I hand them the bag i take the jewels out, they see me do this.
"Whats in your hand?"
"Nothing."
Guards say,"ok."
guards rolled 2 i rolled 18

Oh, that is freaking rediculous. Welcome to the Playground.

@V: You, too; Welcome.

thorian
2010-07-07, 09:07 PM
Greetings. Decided to un-lurk. I've am happy to add GITP to the other couple forums I regularly peruse. I've played D&D for ~28 years along with a few other RPGs.

NecroticPunch
2010-07-07, 09:54 PM
Axel, my friend, that is blatant over use of levels in the Bad*** substitution level. You should be ashamed. SHAME!*

*The Previous Message Was Entirely And Utterly Formed In A Joke-Like Manner

Won Buu
2010-07-07, 10:16 PM
Oh hai.

Testing mah poastin

Volstag
2010-07-08, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Volstag as you can see.

I've only been coming here for the last few days, mostly because i finally decided to read OoTS. well i read through the whole thing and i love it!

So i suppose the last thing to do is join these forums, so here i am.

one_of_many_42
2010-07-08, 05:01 PM
greetings to thee, my fellow newbies (i hope) i wish thee well this horribly sunny california day, bleah sun.... hanyway, i have greeted you, and thus am finished with this oh so misunderstandable post, i am a quite wordy person in the case that you could not have already divined this, now fare thee well, my friends and associates, i do hope to be accepted here as a member of this society, i have already read many posts and threads, and i mourn for the crack pairings thread, this should tell you much about me right there, oh my, i talk to much... :smallbiggrin:

Jackgar
2010-07-08, 10:38 PM
Hey there, Roleplayers, rollplayers, and everyone else in-between. I used to read the comic for awhile, and I'll be playing catch-up soon enough, although I'm more here for some good ol' RPG talk.

SoggyToast
2010-07-08, 10:43 PM
Glad to be a part of the community. :smallsmile: (Quick, everybody say hi to the new guy.)

trevon26
2010-07-09, 02:08 PM
i'm new! but my MAM charactor is awsome. ...or at least he would be if the DM's purpose in life wasn't to tourture me.:smallfurious:

that's how i became the supreme leader (see signature)

npc revolution
2010-07-09, 03:22 PM
Hello to the new guys!
I still feel sort of new myself...

SCARY WIZARD
2010-07-11, 12:33 AM
Hello, everybody. I've been reading this comic since roughly mid-April of this year, and now that I've finally caught up, I will continue to follow it because it's like, funny.
I'm looking forward to discussing RPG stuff with you all and possibly even participating in PbP games here. I hope you like multiclassed half-elves!

Cypress_Bright
2010-07-11, 01:24 AM
Hi, everyone. I go by a couple of names in other places - Cypress_z, most commonly. (Some of you who also post on Spacebattles.com should recognize me. It's not a small site, so there should be at least a few of you.)

I am the original creator of Brighthammer 40k, both the first and second editions, dozens of short stories that are fanfiction and original fiction, and an all around pretty friendly guy.

I am an unrepentant fan of Alexander the Great, and hobbywise, I enjoy 3.5 D&D, Hunter the Vigil, and various other similar games. Oh, and OoTS of course.

I enjoy book discussion, game discussion, webcomic discussion - just about anything discussion. As long as there is creativity involved, it's hard not to get me involved.

I'm happy to join the site, and look forward to enjoying the forums.

Johanz
2010-07-11, 11:49 AM
Yo everyone!
I'm Johanz, a 13-year old Finnish human (not an ooze, a kobold or a dragon). I play d&d 3.5e with my friends as much as possible, and have read the OOTS twice now. I'm looking forward to spend time here, since you seem like a nice bunch of guys! I enjoy listening to music, playing guitar, resting, roleplaying, bowling and Finnish baseball just to name a few. I'm not much of an introducer, but that shouldn't be a problem, right? :smallwink:

P.S: Yay for Mr. Scruffy!

Stickthief
2010-07-11, 12:28 PM
Welcome all new members to the playground.:smallcool:

NowhereMan583
2010-07-11, 12:47 PM
Hello. I've been lurking on these forums for a while, and I've been a fan of Order of the Stick since they were back in the original dungeon, but I've only just gotten around to registering an account so I can actually post.

Anyway, so... hi guys.

KenderWizard
2010-07-11, 10:52 PM
Hello!

Having read and reread OOTS, I've decided to come hang out here for a bit.

I'm Emily, and I'm from Dublin, although right now I'm on holiday in the US with my boyfriend, ending in my first GenCon next month! Surprisingly, I'm a gamer, with particular love for RPGs.

And I'm looking forward to getting to know people here!

Bazarov
2010-07-12, 11:05 AM
Hi. I think page 114 was new by the time I started reading the comic here, but I didn't register until now. Probably because I had better things to do. Well, here I am.

Serpentine
2010-07-12, 11:48 PM
I am an unrepentant fan of Alexander the GreatMy baby nephew's named after him. I'm considering trying to make him a toy of Alexander's peacock-tailed unicorn (I keep calling him Beleraphon, but no, that's the guy who rode Pegasus...), but I've already made him a platypus, a cat, a blanket and a couple of other things I've forgotten.

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-13, 12:24 AM
Hey there, No-Man, Kender, and Baz! Welcome to the Playground! I hope you like the nicknames that I have bestowed upon you! :smalltongue:

Killer Angel
2010-07-13, 03:41 AM
Hey there, No-Man, Kender, and Baz! Welcome to the Playground! I hope you like the nicknames that I have bestowed upon you! :smalltongue:

And the four pixies before "No-Man" (from Stickthief to Scary wizard)?
No nickname for 'em?
(should they consider themselves lucky? :smalltongue:)

T.H. Everything
2010-07-13, 05:59 AM
Hi. I've been hanging around here for a while, but I'm only starting to post now, because, well, it seemed like the appropriate thing to do. With that aside, nice to meetcha!:smalltongue:

Acora
2010-07-13, 09:10 AM
Hi. I've been reading OotS for a while, but I've just recently (like, two days ago) decided to create an account on the forums.

Um, just a quick question, though. How would one go about changing their avatar after the initial sign up choice?

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-13, 09:14 AM
And the four pixies before "No-Man" (from Stickthief to Scary wizard)?
No nickname for 'em?
(should they consider themselves lucky? :smalltongue:)

It was a limited-time offer! Or a horrendous but mercifully short disaster if you choose to see it that way. :smalltongue:

Also, welcome to the Playground, T.H. Everything and Acora! Nice to meet you! :smallsmile:

Boccobsblog
2010-07-13, 11:00 AM
Hello all! My name is Andy and I've been gaming for about 18 years. I'm a full-time gamer, part-time English Prof. Glad to be here.

KenderWizard
2010-07-13, 11:32 AM

I like mine. Simple, yet elegant. :smallsmile:

Um, just a quick question, though. How would one go about changing their avatar after the initial sign up choice?

I can help with this! Go to UserCP on the brown bar near the top of the page, and choose Edit Options from the sidebar on the left. Then scroll down to the end of the page, it's the last set of options there. I had to do it a lot because mine wasn't uploading properly for ages!

Acora
2010-07-14, 07:08 AM
Thank you both.

Recaiden
2010-07-14, 07:37 AM
Welcome to the playground, all of you.

Anoruku
2010-07-14, 11:38 AM
Hum, I suppose there is no way for this one to say hello that will be original. Ah well, greetings to everyone who read this. This one has participated in other forums before, so he is not completely a noob, but he is most certainly not a forum master.

This one joined this forum in order to read stories of great D&D groups, mostly because he has never been in a good group. Other than that, some fun chatting isn't bad either. I am glad to be here and I hope I will have some good times here as well.

Obani
2010-07-14, 05:26 PM
Hiya!:smallbiggrin:

cha-ching
2010-07-15, 01:17 PM
Hi, I'm new here. :smallamused:

KenderWizard
2010-07-15, 02:16 PM
Hello, fellow new people!

oximoron98
2010-07-15, 02:46 PM
greatings and salutations im newish

oximoron98
2010-07-15, 03:30 PM
hi..............

fretgod99
2010-07-15, 06:04 PM
Hi, my name is fretgod and I've been trolling this site for almost a year.

Thought I might as well sign up and pretend like I know what I'm talking about. Love the comic and I've been playing 3.5 pretty much since it came out. Looks like a fun and informed community to be a part of.

Feichi
2010-07-16, 12:55 AM
'sup? I'm Feichi... and I was bored.

sariss_eldariss
2010-07-16, 03:39 AM
hello all,

hi guys (and well drawn stick gurls) im new here so just wana say thanks for having me.

Chargefire
2010-07-16, 08:13 PM
Hi.

I've just finished with my Archive Binge of OOTS, so I figured I might as well make a forum account.

The Archive Binge took me five days. I probably missed some stuff, but I figure that if I'm ever like 'wait, what?' at something I can just go on an Archive Trawl. ;P

Belleza
2010-07-16, 08:16 PM
Hey everyone. :] I'm Belleza and obviously new... No way to make this any less interesting I think, unless I ramble on but... Aye, I won't even bother. ;] So yeah, hey!

DGB
2010-07-17, 05:04 PM
So.. Hi! I guess?

Short on myself: I have been reading this forum for some time and am not at all accustomed to type messages.. so forgive my mistakes :roach:

atlanta837
2010-07-17, 05:35 PM
Hello I am Atlanta the 837th. :smallcool:

Cobalt
2010-07-17, 06:20 PM
Hello I am Atlanta the 837th. :smallcool:

You have either a really boring family tree, or an increasingly interesting family curse.

Welcome.

atlanta837
2010-07-17, 07:02 PM
....Both..... :smallcool:

BanjoTheClown
2010-07-17, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the playground, atlanta837! :smallsmile:

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-17, 10:54 PM
Hello!

My friend introduced me to OOTS at his house, and I discovered the forum, and it looked like a pretty constructive place, so I thought I'd join. Besides D&D, I have an unhealthy relationship with Manga. This looks like a fun place, and I hope to hang around for a while.

Their, however is one thing that bothers me, and that is the art all comes from deviantArt, and permission from the artists seems to be non-existent. Oh well ...

Gimliggamer
2010-07-17, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the plaigrownd Bacon!!!!!:smallbiggrin:

Ponderthought
2010-07-18, 01:27 PM
Hello everyone. Ive been reading the comic for a long while, and the forum for interesting homebrew, and finally decided to register and begin contributing to things. So, hello.

Zodiac
2010-07-19, 12:51 AM
Hey, I've been lurking for a bit and I decided I liked this forum enough to join it.

neologism
2010-07-19, 09:38 PM
hey all, been lurking for a bit and decided to dip my toes in. :roach:

AbuSpud
2010-07-19, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the eighth incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

-snip - Also, be kind to new posters. No hazing, organ harvesting, or other threats, no matter how silly.)

Greetings and salutations! Just discovered OOTS last weekend. I'm hooked!

Gryme
2010-07-20, 04:57 AM
Hi there...

Ive found this forum completely randomly and i don't know wht to expect now... yeah probably ill be waisting my time in forum games, like i ussualy do... :smallsmile:

Edit: waitaminute... i don't see the post count.... or it doesn't matter here?

Cobalt
2010-07-20, 06:40 AM
Hi there...

Ive found this forum completely randomly and i don't know wht to expect now... yeah probably ill be waisting my time in forum games, like i ussualy do... :smallsmile:

Edit: waitaminute... i don't see the post count.... or it doesn't matter here?

Welcome to the Playground; the nicest place on teh interwebz. And no, we don't talk about such things here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) The rules here are different than other forums, so be sure you know them 100%; lest you make the same mistakes so many others have in the past.

Anyway, welcome, again, and enjoy your stay.

Gryme
2010-07-20, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the Playground; the nicest place on teh interwebz. And no, we don't talk about such things here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) The rules here are different than other forums, so be sure you know them 100%; lest you make the same mistakes so many others have in the past.

Anyway, welcome, again, and enjoy your stay.

Alright, alright... :D

i was just asking. Got a bit confused, thats all... i ussualy don't give a hell about boosting teh posts up.

And thank you for welcoming! :smallwink:

Trobby
2010-07-20, 09:53 AM
Post count can be found in your User CP (see the top of the forum), or just click on your name in a post, and view your own profile. It's really easy.

Also, while this forum doesn't enforce a strict requirement on spelling/grammar, I would encourage you to try to type with care.

Other than that, have a nice time in the playground. ^^

*Explode!*

Gryme
2010-07-20, 10:29 AM
I'll try to do my best. just that english is not my native language, but it's allright, ive been browsing forums for about 5 or 6 years. and still i type with mistakes.

anyway thank yoo

Trobby
2010-07-20, 12:34 PM
Aaah. Well that's understandable. And might I add that your English is quite good for a second language. ^^; I know how hard it can be to write in a second language, and trust me when I say I would not even be half as good at it were our positions switched.

All the same, welcome to the forums. ^.^

Atomics
2010-07-20, 09:24 PM
Howdy folks, been reading the comics for quite some time and lurking and figured its about to get on the forums. Great comic and interesting ideas have been borrowed from here.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-20, 10:09 PM
Heya Gryme, heya Atomics!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. It's not something I usually do, but I'm bored, so yeah.

Oh, and about the rules, usually some forum member will just gently nudge you towards the rules if you're out of line. Yes, learn them, but really the only different things imho are absolutely no religion or politics allowed. No discussion, nothing.

Cheers! :smallsmile:

Vero
2010-07-21, 06:35 AM
Umm. Hi.

/me waves at many people who don't really feel like strangers but actually are

[Lurker finally got round to registering.]

Trobby
2010-07-21, 06:55 AM
Heya. ^^ *Shakes your hand* Nice to meet'cha. Welcome to the forums. ^^ Make sure you read through the major forum rules and know how we handle things here. Basically, don't get into any debates over things political or religious, don't get into a fight with any of the other members, and just conduct yourself with courtesy, and we can all get along.

Welcome to the Playground.

*Explode!*

Vero
2010-07-21, 07:03 AM
Heya. ^^ *Shakes your hand* Nice to meet'cha. Welcome to the forums. ^^ Make sure you read through the major forum rules and know how we handle things here. Basically, don't get into any debates over things political or religious, don't get into a fight with any of the other members, and just conduct yourself with courtesy, and we can all get along.

Welcome to the Playground.

*Explode!*

Roger Wilco, Boss. Will do as you suggest now.

I'm not doing *that* though.

Wut? I told you I was a lurker, you think I don't know to check for the white text?

Trobby
2010-07-21, 07:48 AM
True...the white text part is my standard welcome though. ^^; I put it there so that I wouldn't scare off those who have not yet lurked.

You'll do just fine. :smallwink:

Hickman
2010-07-21, 08:56 AM
Hey thanks. Im a Canadian Forces Soldier, and I love to read OOTS when I can. New ones seem to take time to come out. But I keep checking up to see if they are.

Crimmy
2010-07-21, 09:38 PM
Greetings Vero and Hickman.
May you never stumble upon me when I'm in a rampage.

You could always go to the Arts and Crafts thread to ask for a custom avvie.
Or Silly Message Board Games if you feel like playing some stuff like "Rate the Avatar" "Werewolf" "Mafia" or even Freeform Roleplaying.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-21, 09:38 PM
Hey forum! I see you guys have a lot of interesting things around here, so I guess it's time to go exploring a little more...

I've already put up something in the Homebrew section if you want to take a look! Thanks ahead of time!

Sovereign
2010-07-22, 10:22 AM
Howdy!

Nice place you got here! I stumbled over OOTS at TV Tropes, wondering what all the fuss was about. I wound up reading all the previous strips! :smallsmile:

shiram
2010-07-22, 04:21 PM
Hi there,

I am Shiram, i have been reading Gitp for a while now, and its ony of ym favrotie webcomics.
It's also inspired to try to DM a DnD 3.5 edition game. ( I wanna put it in my own flavor, and try to copy a diablo-esque dungeon crawl)
I played and gamestered in the Star Wars saga before, and i played some Conan as well.
This place looks like an awesome bank of knowledge.

Strawberries
2010-07-22, 04:52 PM
Hi Noctemwolf, Sovereign, and Shiram!

Sovereign, that's how I found the comic, too. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome, everybody!

ECHOSAVE
2010-07-23, 09:25 AM
Salutations!

I found out about the website a year or so ago after browsing the D&D Wikia, and came across this site in passing. OotS is one of my favorite satires on D&D and gaming in general. So I decided to stop being lazy and finally register and partake in the fun!

drack
2010-07-23, 12:30 PM
Hi I created this account 4 years ago in order to help anser a question and got lost in this site's immensity :smalleek: but now I find this interesting completely understandable forum that looks fun, so I try joining and find that I have an account :smallbiggrin:.
(probably an age thing, or a falling asleep dead last tie thing)
anyways I'm new so I decided to say hi.

Cobalt
2010-07-23, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the Playground, ECHOSAVE, and welcome back to the Playground drack. Hope you like it enough here to stay.

EDIT: @V: Hi to you, too.

Goosefeather
2010-07-23, 12:45 PM
Well, hello there!

I'm a long-time lurker who finally got round to actually registering - started reading the comic a couple of years ago, and it swiftly became one of my favourites.

Hope to see y'all around!

N'Gorso
2010-07-24, 05:15 PM
Hi, i'm a new member, obviously.

Frilzer
2010-07-24, 07:54 PM
Im new here too. Ello everyone!

Terrrorkinesis
2010-07-25, 01:25 PM
sup...

...so yeah I'm a long time lurker so I finaly decided to sign up

devinkowalczyk
2010-07-25, 04:49 PM
Hello all...

My name is lame
oh well.

GFA
2010-07-25, 09:41 PM
Aloha. Hi, whatever floats your boat

Internet Flea
2010-07-25, 11:27 PM
Well, I'm new here. Mainly signed up for forum games. Hi.

Lupian
2010-07-26, 05:23 AM
Uh, yea, im another one of them guys who read the OOTS comic and decided to join the thread.

Although I got so obssesed (for the first few days, since im on a vacation) that I read around 720 pages in a 4 day span....

Er-hem. Well, im quite a dnd fan, and I play with my younger brother and sister quite a lot, but what really interests me right now is to find someone to chat with about dnd and maybe about random crap stuff.

....yea, that about it.

rakkoon
2010-07-26, 05:39 AM
Well hello there. Internet Fea has the right attitude, is here for two minutes and signs up for a werewolf game!

Hi Lupian, plenty of people who want to talk about that kind of stuff so you've come to the right place

Odentin
2010-07-26, 05:39 AM
I guess I should post, already.

Hi, I'm Daniel, aka Odentin. I'm a gamer and a student of UH. That's about it. Yeah. Hi.

Ps, before it gets asked: Yes, that's my wife and I at our wedding reception.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-26, 05:41 AM
I'm a gamer and a student of UH.This statement amuses me. It looks like you forgot where you're going to school. :smallcool:

Welcome to the Playground!

renau1g
2010-07-27, 02:25 PM
Hi. I'm new.

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-27, 07:12 PM
Heya Kirk! :smallbiggrin:

It's under Edit Options, right?

YesImAHalfling
2010-07-27, 07:53 PM
Hello all! I'm definitely new to the thread(s) but I'm having fun reading through some of the interesting ones.

For anyone interested, I started reading OOTS not that long ago (within the past few weeks) because I was told that my PC in the D&D game I'm in is Belkars' sister (Female Halfling Ranger). And I found in reading, that it's true!

:belkar:

Well, that's all.

M0rdain
2010-07-28, 09:45 AM
Heya I am new here. I used to Read OoTS for ages but i have not red it for a year or so *slap* But i have just joined the forum for all the RPG lovelyness. :smallsmile:

Ildufra
2010-07-28, 11:02 AM
Hi people, returning here. Used to have a profile eons ago... can't even remember the name of it.. :smallbiggrin: Good to be back

Khakhan
2010-07-28, 03:34 PM
Hello, all. Long time reader, new member.

James T. Kirk
2010-07-28, 04:30 PM
This is Captain James T. Kirk of the Federation Starship Enterprise.

ApeofLight
2010-07-28, 04:55 PM
Hi new people! Welcome! Hope everybody feels welcome to come and join in just about anywhere.

Go check out the Play by Post forums, there the best in my opinion.

Shouri
2010-07-29, 02:01 AM
Hi, everyone :D Name's Shouri, and I'm new!

alexandriaowens
2010-07-29, 02:49 AM
Hi to all!! newbie here! :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2010-07-29, 05:15 AM
Hello, new members! Welcome aboard! :smallsmile:

This is Captain James T. Kirk of the Federation Starship Enterprise.

We need you! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161620) :smallwink:

Sir Broccoli
2010-07-29, 03:06 PM
Greetings from the world of TOMORROW!

Sir Yvain
2010-07-29, 03:42 PM
Hello.

Sir Yvain, I just graduated from Knight School

(Did that sound as stupid as it did in my head)

Cealocanth
2010-07-29, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the Playground!

matt_the_matt
2010-07-30, 07:07 PM
Hello Giant in the Playground forum,
My name is Matt. Recently I have been intrested in learning to play role-playing games but have not been able to find any one to teach me. I found this site and thought it would be a great place to start delving into the world of role play. I hope to have fun here and learn as much as possibly.

Also I am intrested in learning to play DnD. If any forum member happens to live in Newmarket, Ontario and is willing to take a complete noob under there wing I would be very greatful. Same also applies to this forum.

In closing, I hope this indefer works out and I hope to get to know alot of you.
Thank you for your time.

Strawberries
2010-07-30, 07:40 PM
Hello and welcome, Matt!
May I point you in the direction of the pbp (play by post) subforum? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) There are many people there willing to teach a beginner player! (That's were I began, too)

Also, you might find useful

D&D 3.5 rules (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm)
Guide to pbp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46074)

Also, my PM box is always open for any questions you may have. I look forward to gaming with you!

ClockworkKnight
2010-07-30, 10:40 PM
* Waves from the open window of the Playhouse* Hello Giant in the Playground forum

Got directed here by a friend and member of my D&D group and I'm glad for it. I've been RPing for more years then I can remember, always good to find a forum that has such a large Home Brew section

Cealocanth
2010-07-30, 10:45 PM
* Waves from the open window of the Playhouse* Hello Giant in the Playground forum

Got directed here by a friend and member of my D&D group and I'm glad for it. I've been RPing for more years then I can remember, always good to find a forum that has such a large Home Brew section

You won't be sorry for coming. This is one of the most extensive forums I've ever encountered.

ClockworkKnight
2010-07-30, 10:50 PM
The official D&D page has a very small home brew and people who post often don't get much help. My own campaign world of Saltmarsh is pretty much fleshed out but I still need some help with fleshing out some of the locations

Starfols
2010-07-31, 01:09 AM
Hi, everyone :D Name's Shouri, and I'm new!

Your avatar is adorable. Where is it from?

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-31, 01:11 AM
Several weeks late, but yeah. What's up.

avorin
2010-07-31, 03:46 AM
Guess it's about time I actually said hi to everyone here. :smallcool:

I haven't been playing d&d for very long i've been video games most of my life*.

*note~:First game I ever played was starfox 64.

~note's note:yes I am fan of Terry Pratchett

edit: oh and hello clockworkknight bring your pirate ships and we'll try to play tomorrow.

Trobby
2010-07-31, 10:57 AM
1: :O I didn't even realize you had joined so recently, Laughing Man. ^^ Welcome to the forums!

Make sure you read the rules and all that jazz, but you seem to be doing quite naturally here already. :smallwink:

2. Avorin, welcome to the playgrounds! Make sure you read up on the rules, located at the top of the forum, and if you're interested in video games, check out the media section where we have an entire board for gaming!

And seeing how you like Terry Pratchett, I think we're going to get along fine. :smallamused:

The Ik
2010-07-31, 02:05 PM
Woof!
My name is a misspelled, slightly obscure reference to the Dresden Files, just to get that out of the way. That's what I get for not looking at what I'm typing :smallsmile:
I'm here because you are zombie goast, because it's not penny's boat, because the top was wobbling at the end but we never got to see it stop spinning, to tell them about my brother tell them about me the count of tuscany!, because Death speaks IN CAPITAL LETTERS, because I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar, because 42, because human transmutation is baaad, and most of all to annoy people by making references to stuff...sorry about that...

Oh and because I found OOTS through tvtropes and read it and it's awesome. Dunno if I'll actually post much, too easily distracted.

Mr. Mud
2010-07-31, 03:14 PM
Woof!
My name is a misspelled, slightly obscure reference to the Dresden Files, just to get that out of the way. That's what I get for not looking at what I'm typing :smallsmile:
I'm here because you are zombie goast, because it's not penny's boat, because the top was wobbling at the end but we never got to see it stop spinning, to tell them about my brother tell them about me the count of tuscany!, because Death speaks IN CAPITAL LETTERS, because I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar, because 42, because human transmutation is baaad, and most of all to annoy people by making references to stuff...sorry about that...

Oh and because I found OOTS through tvtropes and read it and it's awesome. Dunno if I'll actually post much, too easily distracted.

WELCOME. :smallamused:

Shadoww0lf
2010-07-31, 07:16 PM
Hi, I'm new! Read the comic for probably a good year straight, got bogged down with life, forgot about it completely and found it again about a year or two ago. First time poster though.

Now if I could just get my hands on War and XPs....

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-31, 07:22 PM
To be truthful, ShadowW0lf, I haven't read OoTS in ages.

Welcome to Giant in the Playground. Remember to read the forum rules and everything.

Glad_Vampyre
2010-07-31, 08:57 PM
Hi,
Im very, very new. I haven't read any of the comic, but I got dragged in by a friend of mine. I do know a little about OoTS and have played the board game. I'm a band nerd and thought, 'hey why not put in the last nail in my nerdy coffin?'. So I'll be asking plenty of questions.

I'm writing backwards just because i feel like it. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Mud
2010-07-31, 10:15 PM
Hi,
Im very, very new. I haven't read any of the comic, but I got dragged in by a friend of mine. I do know a little about OoTS and have played the board game. I'm a band nerd and thought, 'hey why not put in the last nail in my nerdy coffin?'. So I'll be asking plenty of questions.

I... I like you already. Go check out the Random Banter thread. :smalltongue:.

Elrond
2010-07-31, 10:21 PM
Im not exactly a new member but for anyone who remembers me "IM BACKKK!!"

Perenelle
2010-08-01, 12:12 AM
Hi,

Band Nerd eh? same here. :smallbiggrin:

but anyway, Welcome to the Playground!

bookguru
2010-08-01, 12:14 AM
AHHHHHH! Im a band nerd too! Maybe a captain next year to boot.

Perenelle
2010-08-01, 12:16 AM
AHHHHHH! Im a band nerd too! Maybe a captain next year to boot.

hey, i've seen you before. :smalltongue:

Welcome to the Playground, even though you've been here before already.

bookguru
2010-08-01, 12:27 AM
wherefore hast thee seen me?

D_Lord
2010-08-01, 02:42 PM
I'M BACK FULLY BABY!!!!!

BWHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drrockso20
2010-08-01, 02:54 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

That is all.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-08-02, 04:47 AM
Im not exactly a new member but for anyone who remembers me "IM BACKKK!!"

Welcom back Elrond :smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2010-08-02, 09:34 AM
That's what I get for not looking at what I'm typing :smallsmile:

Hey. If you head on over to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108349), you can request a namechange. Normally you must wait three months after joining before you can get one, but if you explain that it was a typo or technical issue when signing up, the mods are generally more lenient. Might be worth a shot.

Strawberries
2010-08-02, 05:23 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

That is all.

Gnob in in peehw Hangaaaaarg-peew-Hab to you, good sir or madam. :smalltongue:
There's some reference I'm missing, I'm sure of it
*googles*
AH-AHA!
Still, I like my counter-greeting all the same, I'm leaving it as it is.
:smallbiggrin:

GodGoblin
2010-08-03, 06:48 AM
Hey all! Ive just joined the boards so I thought id stop in and say hello :smallsmile:

Im a big fan of oots and I mainly play Dnd 3.5 so ive signed up to do some Play by post games here but im sure I will have a lurk on the other boards while im around!

Ugulu!!
2010-08-03, 04:10 PM
Hello! I just read through the latest Random Banter, and this seems like a fun place to be!

Ugulu is/was my Barbarian in case anybody was wondering where the name came from. (Its a pun on ugly, he had a 6 in Charisma)

Livinne
2010-08-03, 06:53 PM
Hey everybody :smallsmile:

I had an account a looong time ago that I only used a little, but I felt like returning to roleplaying and such again, sooo... I made a new account:smallbiggrin:

Luckily I found my old avatar again, which means I'm not completely nude :smallredface:

and I hope to be more active this time, so take good care of me :smallwink::smalltongue:

Also, I like overuse smilies in welcome threads! :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

VampireRot
2010-08-03, 10:58 PM
First, welcome to all the newbies above me! Hiyathere!

I'm not exactly new, but I've been gone a long time due to alien invasion, Russian spies, WW32, and 12 demonic exorcisms. But don't worry, I'm completely sane. :eyetwitch: What? Thats not a smiley? Er...
Run while you still can.

Crimmy
2010-08-03, 11:43 PM
Hello newbs and not so newbs...

Well, I just...
And well...

Hi.

mansell89
2010-08-04, 10:29 AM
Hi to everyone!

Recaiden
2010-08-04, 10:36 AM
Hey everybody :smallsmile:

I had an account a looong time ago that I only used a little, but I felt like returning to roleplaying and such again, sooo... I made a new account:smallbiggrin:

Luckily I found my old avatar again, which means I'm not completely nude :smallredface:

and I hope to be more active this time, so take good care of me :smallwink::smalltongue:

Also, I like overuse smilies in welcome threads! :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

I remember your avatar! Welcome back!

sockmonkey
2010-08-04, 05:46 PM
Hi guys. Been reading the comic and browsing the forums for a good while now and finally got off my lazy butt to register. I procrastinated to the bitter end though. I'm not the type to just give up on putting things off just because it's inconvenient. Because that's just quitter talk.
Also, my friend thinks I am an evil ducky.
FEAR THE EVIL DUCKY

JessGulbranson
2010-08-04, 05:52 PM
Hey all, new here. Nice to meetcha!

tehjohnli
2010-08-04, 08:32 PM
Oh hey everyone.
new person here.

psst. I pole vault. :D

Amazon warrior
2010-08-05, 01:46 PM
Hello! I registered for this forum aaaaaaages ago, but have been a bit distracted. Still, I'm here now! :)

Christopher K.
2010-08-05, 05:10 PM
Hello. My name's Christopher(Some call me Chris, but only if they're people I'm okay with). I only got into tabletop RPGs within the last 4 months, with a D&D 4.0 starter set I found at my local game store, which I bought with prize money from a Pokemon TCG tournament(I still play on occasion, but I'm nowhere near as good as I'd need to be to earn a much-needed $5000 scholarship at Nationals). I'm not very good at either knowing specific mechanics or actual role-playing, but I enjoy them. :P

The_Fatman
2010-08-05, 10:54 PM
Hello i am new to the site and it is a pleasure to meet you all ^^

Illven
2010-08-05, 10:57 PM
Quick before they get you, run run for you-There is no mind control citizen, please go back to your fun:smalltongue: Forum joke

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-05, 10:58 PM
Hey Fats. There's actually a Hello/Goodbye Thread Stickyed.

You can find it here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156384)

Have fun.

drakir_nosslin
Welcome to the playground! I hope (and know) that you'll have a great time here.

Also, this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156384)is where people introduce themselves, so try that one next time :smallwink:

*looks out for swordsages*

Dammit, they got me anyway!!

Illven
Welcome to the playground! I hope (and know) that you'll have a great time here.

Also, this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156384)is where people introduce themselves, so do that next time :smallwink:

*looks out for swordsages*

Failed your spot check:smalltongue:

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-05, 10:59 PM
You've been ninja'd, my friend.

drakir_nosslin
2010-08-05, 11:00 PM
Ah, but at least I was prepared... maybe a small bonus to AC?

rakkoon
2010-08-06, 01:21 AM
Hello Fatman, so tell us about yourself, are you a homebrewer, a werewolver, an oots comic fan (probably yes), a serial killer, ...

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-06, 01:23 AM
Hello Fatman, so tell us about yourself, are you a homebrewer, a werewolver, an oots comic fan (probably yes), a serial killer, ...

Why Rakkoon, that just fits my description!

rakkoon
2010-08-06, 02:23 AM
There can only be one TLM. I'm sensing a duel...

Crunchy English
2010-08-06, 11:56 AM
Ok so, this part always sucks but I've been meaning to do it forever and I'll just take a big breath....

Ok.

I'm a new member to this forum whose read all of OotS and lots of the other articles floating around the site, but I've never joined this forum. I don't know why I haven't, I love roleplaying in any environment and it takes up a great deal of my time. This community seems great and I've been known to lurk as a guest from time to time.

But introducing yourself to a new online community and building some bridges, making sure that you don't put your foot in your mouth on your very first post, etc. is always a little stressful and I've been putting off actually signing up forever. It was, ironically, Rutskarn's posts about a recent Werewolves game that made me say to myself: "Suck it up and do it, this is too cool to not be a part of any more".

So yeah, howdy. I'm Crunchy, I'm a writer by trade, a university student by day and I play all games, tabletop and video, by night. Whew!

The_Fatman
2010-08-06, 12:20 PM
oh im sorry i will move this to the appropriate place thank you very much.

The_Fatman
2010-08-06, 12:30 PM
Hi all im new to the site. I am not new to online RPing but I am new to people using rule sets from D&D with their RPing and I wanted to know what the most common edition you guys use is and were I can find it online?

Kneenibble
2010-08-06, 12:40 PM
Your name reminds me of that series of detective radio plays from the 50s, "The Fat Man!" and his girlfriend with her raw beef and onion sandwiches.

Oh, local college radio station! Why did you ever stop airing those plays?

drakir_nosslin
2010-08-07, 04:07 AM
oh im sorry i will move this to the appropriate place thank you very much.

Nah, don't worry about it, this happens every now and then. We don't expect people to know everything about the place when they get here. (and this is a mistake people generally do only once :smallwink:)

Lioness
2010-08-07, 04:58 AM
Hi, new people.

The Fatman...the 3.5 SRD is here (d20srd.org), but I don't know whether that's the most common.