PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Ruin

Havriel
2010-06-16, 02:18 PM
Im dming one game so i wanted to introduce new type of enemies , the dreadfull 7 warriors of town called ruin. So let your creative juices flowing .

All books except tome of battle are allowed , bloodlines , la buyoff , anthropomorphic animals

no more than LA +3

here is with what have i come up so far

human wizard/incantrix/IotSV

anthro bat druid/planar sheperd

goliath barb/druid/stoneblessed/deepwarden/hammer of moradin

dwarf knight/fighter/deepwarden/ DD

FoE
2010-06-16, 02:19 PM
Ummm ... what?

Grumman
2010-06-16, 02:22 PM
Killoreen Light Cavalry variant Scout / Ranger

Qualifies for both Devoted Tracker and Swift Hunter. Uses Hurling Charge to harpoon his prey, then runs them down with a lance.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-16, 02:22 PM
human wizard/incantrix/IotSV

Ok.

anthro bat druid/planar sheperd

... Ok.

goliath barb/druid/stoneblessed/deepwarden/hammer of moradin

What?

dwarf knight/fighter/deepwarden/ DD

... What.

I'm having a hard time grasping what you need/want from this thread. You rule out anthropomorphic creatures, yet use an anthro bat druid/planar shepard? Half the things you've presented are kind of ludicrous without an equally optimized party(an incantatrix? Planar Cheese?) and then you go and ban Tome of Battle?

And the thread-title reminds me of: Champions of Ruin (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Champions_of_Ruin).

Claudius Maximus
2010-06-16, 02:29 PM
I think he wants us to help come up with two more villains to fill out a 7-man team.

Marriclay
2010-06-16, 02:32 PM
I suggest you make use of a half-breed of some sort. a very effective Half-Breed Race is a half-ogre, and giving him Warhulk levels would be crazy. Alternatively, you could take the pathfinder version of half-dragon (I suggest it because it's much more balanced) and give him tiger claw maneuvers and the like

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-16, 02:34 PM
I think he wants us to help come up with two more villains to fill out a 7-man team.

Ok, but what optimization level are we shooting for? Druid/Planar Shepard won't compare well to Knight/Dwarven Defender, and he's got a 50/50 spread for optimized v unoptimized.

jiriku
2010-06-16, 02:35 PM
Kobold swordsage/fighter/blade bravo abusing Confound the Big Folk and Giantbane bard.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-16, 02:37 PM
Bearington Bearman the Bearbearian!

(Anthropomorphic Bear Were-bear Bear Totem Barbarian/Bear Warrior with a Bear Wild Cohort. Has Improved Unarmed Strike to fight with his bear hands.)

FoE
2010-06-16, 02:42 PM
Did they all date Ramona Flowers (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScottPilgrim) at some point?

Havriel
2010-06-17, 01:02 AM
First of all i want to thank you for your response , and now to clear some things up
Optimization in the "party" doesnt actually matter because pcs wont be fighting all of them at the same time . Think of it as collosus of war game.
And the point is to get the most powerfull characters that are all using different combat techniques
and the point is to add three more heroes to the lot
And no they didnt date ramona flowers , although that would make an interesting plot hook :D

Coidzor
2010-06-17, 04:02 AM
Hmm... So you've got arcane guy, druid/divine/nature guy, smashy smashy melee guy, defensive(ish)? melee guy...

That leaves... Psionic guy and Support guy in their various incarnations, most bards would probably fall under here.

Um.. Ranged guy, Sneaky Guy, Skillful guy (not mutually exclusive, some overlap there)

An Incarnum user (Binder?) due to the differing combat thing you mentioned. Won't be especially different, but will be different from the others to a certain extent.

Gizmo-guy (almost assuredly an artificer or overlapping with skillful/ranged/sneaky guy).

Pets guy, who probably has put a lot of ranks into handle animal and has some nasties with him (Say, Bubs or not quite), or has an animal companion, wild cohort, and maybe sommat else too.

Invocation(that is, warlock) guy (might just replace Ranged guy)

Thurbane
2010-06-17, 04:18 AM
1/2 Ogre Spellwarped Dungeonbred Duskblade :smallbiggrin: