PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Ops - Resurrected and still going



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

LightBringer
2006-04-24, 11:25 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren spins around, ready to throw his dagger at any hostiles. If he spots the rats, he will simply shrug and go over to the line, searching it for anything unusual.
Search: 14+14=28

Kitty doesn't see anything magical in the tunnels.

Aren you search the line with more than a glance this time, and you see that there is some sort of latch inside. It is definitely, holding something. You need to find a way to trigger it, though.

Everyone else, is still in hold mode. Your eyes and ears trained as best you can, trying to keep anymore baddies off of you all. *

OOC: original thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play;action=display;num=1113796092;s tart=750#750)

Chris_Chandler
2006-04-24, 11:30 AM
Rowan, a tall human -

Hey, stiff - you find anything yet, or are we just going to have our boots rot off our feet?

alec
2006-04-24, 09:41 PM
Aren, Human Male
"Unless your boots are alredy rotten, thats a no. There's some kind of latch in here." He then trys to pry the latch open with his dagger.

LadyGlutter
2006-04-25, 10:53 AM
Kitty, human female

Kitty perks up when she hears there is a latch, but still says nothing at the moment, continuing her bard song.

LightBringer
2006-04-25, 11:25 AM
You try and try some more, but the latch is to far back. You'd have to 'remove' some of the stone to get a shot at it. Also, you're pretty sure that if you keep it up your dagger is going to snap.

Rest of the group, sorry seems that ooze doesn't want to go another round. Ya'll are just toooooooo bad.

alec
2006-04-26, 12:41 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren frowns, sheaths his dagger, and checks to see if any of the things in his set of theives tools would be suitable to get at the latch.

LadyGlutter
2006-04-26, 09:56 AM
8) Of course we are.

LightBringer
2006-04-26, 10:01 AM
Okay, now that the latch has been 'discovered', I need one spot check from Rowan and Kitty.

Chris_Chandler
2006-04-26, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I spot it...

What?

Oh, fine: 16+5=21.

LadyGlutter
2006-04-26, 10:08 AM
((Oh, thank goodness!! Spot 16+0=16))

LightBringer
2006-04-26, 02:30 PM
Kitty sorry, even with that good roll, you're obilvious.

Rowan on the other hand, you are watching for foul beasties, watching Aren work, and generally beginning to be bored. When Aren starts digging for new tools, and you are looking at the line Aren has carved out, you notice about 4 feet to his right, back up the tunnel towards Jacks, there is another 'disfiguration' in the slime.

Chris_Chandler
2006-04-26, 03:51 PM
Rowan, a tall human

Hey Stiff, just a second. Do you see that? Take a look down right over... there - no. Not there. A little more... no, not so low - look right there - yeah, that's it.

What is that?

LadyGlutter
2006-04-26, 04:12 PM
that's ok for ten seconds I got to pretend I wasn't useless at the moment.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-04-26, 05:41 PM
Jacks, irked that HE didn't get a spot check to fail! :P

Jacks arches an eyebrow at Rowan, still nervous at the prospect of an ooze, but also slightly amused at Rowan.

Flasks ready, he continually watches around him, but also peers towards the new spot in the slime.

LightBringer
2006-04-26, 05:45 PM
LOL, Sorry Jacks you were to far away. Maybe next time.

alec
2006-04-26, 10:03 PM
Aren, Human Male
Aren steps back from the slime a pace, and examines it from a distance.
Spot: 20+11=31
Search: 8+14=22

LightBringer
2006-04-26, 10:19 PM
Like Rowan you see a small 'indention' in the slime about four feet to your right about chin high.

alec
2006-04-27, 06:34 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren says "I dont think its a threat. It just looks like an indentation." and approches the indentation, drawing a dagger to scrape the slime off with.

LightBringer
2006-04-27, 09:49 AM
Once you have removed the slime, you see a very thin lined rectangle in the wall. It is about 1 inch high and 3 inches long.

alec
2006-04-30, 03:26 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren examines the rectangle, using the dagger to scrape and prod what needs scraping and proding.
Search: 10+14=24

LadyGlutter
2006-04-30, 08:01 PM
Kitty

Kitty watches Aren with interest, still staying back but dropping the song for the moment. It should still bolster them for a while and if Aren's about to trigger something, maybe silence would be good.

edit: chopped up a severely run on sentence

LightBringer
2006-04-30, 10:37 PM
Well it was a very good decision, even if it was a run-on.

Kitty silences her song just in time from them to hear a click resound in the walls, as Aren was prodding the 'spot'.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-01, 11:35 AM
Jacks

Stowing ONE Alchemist fire, Jacks unsheathes his blade.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-01, 12:13 PM
Cringe...

Wait for it...

LightBringer
2006-05-01, 11:01 PM
Everyone tenses up for a second waiting for the inevitable, but nothing happens. After about 3 seconds the stone resets clicking back into place.

alec
2006-05-02, 01:19 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren's brow furrows in concentration, and he says "If it wasn't a trap...." then presses the rectangle again and puts his weight to that general area, hoping to push something out.

LightBringer
2006-05-03, 01:38 PM
Aren you push the stone again. You hear the click and then push on the wall. You get covered in slime, but nothing else happens. After 3 seconds or so it clicks back in place.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-03, 06:23 PM
Jacks

Jacks arches an eyebrow, still clearly nervous at the possibility of being slimed again, but focusing thu it on the job at hand, "Maybe there's more of them buttons? Or MAYBE you need to push it twice?"

LadyGlutter
2006-05-03, 09:04 PM
Well where's the click coming from? Deeper in, right where we are, up, down, where? Kitty goes to the source of the sound, while they look for other triggers.

alec
2006-05-04, 01:18 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren frowns in thought for a few seconds, then says "Maybe the latch is some kind of lock. Do any of you have a long, thin blade?" and move back over to the line.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-04, 09:37 AM
Rowan, a tall human

I've got a dagger in my boot - here catch!

with the ubiquitous fake toss and walk over to hand him the dagger.

LightBringer
2006-05-04, 11:09 AM
Kitty the click comes from behind the button, deeper in the wall.

Jacks, I like your thinking. ;)

Rowan and Aren, the dagger is to thick. There is nothing in your handy-dandy bag o' tricks that looks thin and strong enough.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-04, 05:52 PM
[ooc: Great, last time I did something right I got eaten by a slime. :p ]

LadyGlutter
2006-05-04, 06:27 PM
(That's why he likes your thinking. *Notice he didn't say you were doing anything right, per se. *8) *I'm actually afraid one of your suggestions are gonna be followed. *;))

alec
2006-05-05, 01:22 AM
Aren, Human Male
Nearing despiration, Aren trys to use his finger to get at the latch.


I'm going to be gone until Wednesday avo at the very earliest, because I am going to my Nana's funeral.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-05, 08:40 AM
[ooc: Awww Aren, sorry to hear bub. My condolances. :( ]

LightBringer
2006-05-05, 09:14 AM
My condolences as well. :(

Do you guys want to wait for Alec to return before we continue?

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-05, 11:01 AM
I could handle that, actually - I could use the time.

LadyGlutter
2006-05-05, 09:18 PM
Agreed, waiting sounds fine. Warm thoughts sent your way, Aren.

alec
2006-05-10, 04:25 AM
I'm back!
Thanks for the condolences, you're all great people.
Now, lets get back to the game.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-10, 09:24 AM
Rowan, a tall human

Looks like we need a key, well, maybe a crude one, but we don't have what fits in there properly...

He thinks for a bit.

Maybe they need to be activated in concert. Here, lemme come over to that other latch.

I move and take hold of the other one -

Ready, Stiff?

LightBringer
2006-05-10, 12:14 PM
Okay, apparently I wasn't clear.

The latch is several inches inside of the crack, which is very thin. The button is a button and flush with the wall. Well actually slightly depressed in the wall. So there is nothing to grab hold of.

Sorry if I didn't describe it properly enough.


"Maybe the latch is some kind of lock. Do any of you have a long, thin blade?" and move back over to the line. from Aren

Aren is exactly right. The latch as I have called it is obviously the locking mechanism. The problem is you guys don't have anything thin enough AND strong enough to lift it.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-10, 04:50 PM
Well - to find the key then -

Any ideas?

LadyGlutter
2006-05-11, 11:14 AM
Kitty

Looking at Rowan with that look, "We could go get some picks and mine our way through." With that she smiles at Rowan. No not that kind of smile.

alec
2006-05-12, 01:41 AM
Aren
Aren smirks, and says "Probably our best option, unless one of you guys can track them through this muck."

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-12, 08:41 AM
Rowan, a tall, mucky human

Hey, I've been trying. It's so dark that it's hard to see where who bumped into what along these tunnels, and I sure can't track flowing water.

I'll give it another go, though, see if I can pick up anything by actually looking for signs of (non-party) movement.

(18+7=25 for a survivial (tracking) roll, using what little light we have down here)

LightBringer
2006-05-12, 10:28 AM
Nice tracking, you see the path of at least 7 rats, all of vary sizes. You think one of them has a limp in it's left hind leg. You also see, several snake like patterns in some of the muck, but nope no people.

I still like Jacks thinking.

LadyGlutter
2006-05-12, 10:49 AM
(Okay, fine, I'll take the cheat/hint/whatever. I'll take the part of Jacks' suggestion that I like. Someone else press it more than once. :D)

Kitty looks for another button.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-13, 10:51 AM
Jacks

Jacks flinches.

LightBringer
2006-05-14, 04:17 PM
When the button is pushed again and again, Kitty keeps looking as Jacks get hits by a, nah not really.

Kitty sees that after the first button is pushed another indention appears in the wall about 10 feet on the other side of the *line.

LadyGlutter
2006-05-15, 10:37 PM
Kitty human female

I go push it at the same time as Aren is pushing his button.

LightBringer
2006-05-16, 02:31 PM
Well, okay.

After some time you find the other 3 buttons. You all finally figure out the order to push them. Will all the buttons have been pushed you hear some clicking and scraping as the latch raises. Then suddenly a section of the wall slides in and raises up. You all are now looking into a passage that is 4 feet high and 3 feet wide. It is extremely dark. When you shine your light close to the opening so you can see a little more detail you see the floor of the passage is above the water level, but the passage itself is just plain cut rock. With the limited light you are using you can only see about 10 feet in, and then it becomes dark again.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-16, 10:46 PM
Jacks

Jacks flinches. :P


Nodding towards the passageway, he winks at Kitty, "Good work, babe."

Sword in one hand and alchemist fire in the other, he peers into the entry. (Search for Traps +6)

alec
2006-05-17, 01:13 AM
Aren
Aren brings his light up to the entrance, and shines it down the passage.


I might not be able to post regularly until Sunday arvo. Just a heads up.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-17, 09:23 AM
Rowan, a tall human

Rowan comes up from behind Jacks and gives him a little bump on the back -

After you, Jackie -

He hisses a little laugh before moving ahead of Jacks - after the all clear, of course. (in fact, Rowan will also look for traps in the area - 19+5=24)

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-17, 09:40 AM
[OOC: OK, Jacks is on edge and someone just bumped him unexpectedly from behind. GM make me a reflex save to see if I accidentally stab him or no? :P ]

LightBringer
2006-05-17, 10:25 AM
If you feel that is what Jacks would do then yeah go for it. Times are stressful to say the least, but you are a trained warrior, so I don't think to high. If you think Jacks would jump, I'll set the DC at 15. If you want me to roll let me know, otherwise just post it.

Give me your search for traps roll to, that is if you don't stab Rowan. ;)

LadyGlutter
2006-05-17, 12:13 PM
Kitty also searches for traps before going any further. 15+2=17

LightBringer
2006-05-17, 03:21 PM
Hmmmmm, all three searching for one trap. I wonder if you all set it off while trying to move around each other. ::)

LadyGlutter
2006-05-17, 03:24 PM
Heck, I figure with Jacks going all paranoid and Rowan bleeding to death in the sewer, (open wounds in a sewer, ewwww) that the more the merrier. At least someone will actually be searching. :D

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-18, 12:53 AM
[OOC: As much as I think it'd be hilarious to accidentally stab Rowan, I agree - Jacks is probably not that likely to do so]

Jacks

Jacks scowls at Rowan, "Watch yerself, bub." and goes about his business.

[Search = 13+6 = 19]

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-18, 10:23 AM
Now how am I supposed to attract sewer sharks without chumming the waters?

Sheesh!

LightBringer
2006-05-18, 12:29 PM
Between the three of you poking, and prodding, you manage to find nothing. There does not appear to be any traps here. Shining your light down the passage you see it extends well beyond the shaft of light.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-18, 02:16 PM
Jacks

Jacks scowls at Rowan and gestures down the hallway, "You first, CHUM!"

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-18, 03:53 PM
excellent...

Rowan, a tall human

But of course, Jackie -

I move in, keeping an eye out for whatever lurky lurkies are lurking, trying to be quiet about it.

(move silently - 15+6=21, search 12+4=16, Spot 16+5=21)

LadyGlutter
2006-05-19, 10:04 AM
Kitty

takes up the rear. Silently, like that matters with the motor mouths splashing each other with sewer water. :-X

LightBringer
2006-05-19, 12:11 PM
Lol, just out of curiosity what type of light source are you using as you proceed down the passage searching, spotting, and such? Really it won't have any effect. Really!! ::)

LadyGlutter
2006-05-19, 04:09 PM
((I don't know, where's the respawn site? :P I have my tinderbox. :D Wasn't there something I had cast light on? Oh, that was during combat, nevermind.))

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-19, 06:54 PM
Hmmm... Well Aren had a latern, I think.

alec
2006-05-20, 01:48 AM
Aren has a bullseye lantern. He'll let Rowan use it if he blocks the light by being in front.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-20, 09:56 AM
Sounds good - axe put away, latern in hand.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-21, 03:28 PM
Behind Rowan, sword and alchemist fire out, ready to attack...uhm.....something OTHER than Rowan. :p

LightBringer
2006-05-22, 10:19 AM
Yeah sure, I expect Rowan will be in flames shortly. ;)

Moving quietly shouldn't be a problem. Since you only move a short distance and look for traps, move a short distance and look for traps, rinse and repeat. Using the latern, you have more than enough light. I fact you shine it down the passage and see that it extends past the edge of the light. The passage continues just as it started 4 foot high 3 foot wide. The walls and floor are smooth. It smells old in here. As you move forward and search you see that while there is a thin layer of dust in here, it has been disturbed. The dust is settling again in the middle, but you are pretty sure someone, or something came through here no more than a week ago.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-22, 11:25 AM
Rowan, a tall human

I will, of course, relay that to the group, then look for any signs of numbers, composition, etc. as I'm continuing my slow search n' sneak pattern -

(Survival 16+7=23)

LightBringer
2006-05-22, 12:18 PM
It's hard to tell numbers and such. It looks like the dust was disturbed in a space about a foot wide, maybe a little more. After covering another 30 feet you see a place on the wall that might have been a hand. It's very hard to move through here. You have to either crawl or squat continuously.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-22, 01:36 PM
Rowan, a tall human

Now that things are getting tight I'll ask that Kitty be square in the middle of the group, as she's the most vulnerable -

Jacks, cover our butts man - don't let us get cut off - we won't be able to get out quickly, okay? *Aren, move up here with that bow - the ceilings are low, but you might get a shot or two off in close range, should we need it. *Kitty, here (hands over a sunrod) - in case I have to ditch the latern the messy way.

If there were folks moving down this (dry?) passage recently, they either should a. *have the same issues we are having (hence hiding the numbers) or are small enough to move through. *I'm going to look for any evidence of the latter, and also looking for other such evidence on non-invite to dinner with mom sentient creatures moving through this area - rats to fiends. *

LightBringer
2006-05-22, 02:09 PM
Yes the passage is dry. Nothing from the tunnels came into the passage when the door opened. Other than the week old resettled dust, you don't see any tracks, rat or fiend.

If everyone agrees to the new line up, there are no problems. I sure Kitty doesn't mind squeezing up tight to Jacks to let him to the back. ;D

LadyGlutter
2006-05-22, 02:11 PM
Kitty

Shocked look at Rowan, but I hold out my hand for his sunrod. *(Kinky. *Hey, seriously, what's that? I'm assuming a magickal flashlight?) *And I file into the middle, quiet and watchful.

edit for simulpost: Yeah, the flesh sandwich don't bother me none. ;)

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-22, 02:17 PM
Yeah, basically (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#sunrod), and it lasts for a good while. You can't put it out without making it worthless though.

alec
2006-05-23, 01:55 AM
Aren
Aren shrugs, and says "Alright, if you insist." and gets out his bow, testing the draw in the confines of the tunnel.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-23, 10:22 AM
Jacks

With a nod, Jacks makes room for Kitty to pass, then takes up watch behind the cleric at the back of the party.

LightBringer
2006-05-23, 11:46 AM
Well Jacks, that certainly felt nice. Kitty is soft in all the right places.

Aren it's tight and you'll need a dex check for any quick actions to get the bow set, but once in place you can draw it fine.

The group has rearranged, and you continue on. You travel very slowly for the next 200 feet. Finally you come to a cross section. You know where you came from that leaves three passages to go. Which direction would you like to take?

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-23, 11:58 AM
Rowan, a tall human -

Rowan makes a trail mark on the righthand of the tunnel, then looks to track those who came before. Take a few minutes, then move in that direction. He'll also want to note that in any (if any) unused passages, why they might not be used - sound, size, demonic laughter - y'know, whatever.

I hate using all this light down here. If there's... Scratch that, when there's trouble we'll just be announcing ourselves. Better than stumbling about though...

The group will note that Rowan's stopped being loud, talking only loud enough for our rearguard to hear.

Stiff, what's your prediction? What have we got to look forward to?

(Survival: 17+7=24)

LightBringer
2006-05-23, 03:23 PM
The dust is lighter here in these passages. To light to get any impressions. Whatever travels through here, either cleans the passage, or is big enough to rub/dust the walls and floor as it goes.

All the passages look the same, and you hear nothing from any of them.

LightBringer
2006-05-24, 03:24 PM
Which way?

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-24, 04:44 PM
Rowan, a tall human

I'll note to come back to this intersection, if need be, but if I don't see actual evidence of travel on either side, I've no reason to go either way.

Forward, and step lightly guys, they cover tracks in these parts.

LadyGlutter
2006-05-24, 05:46 PM
Kitty

Kitty nods at Rowan, "Lead on oh fearless one."

(edit:
OOC: GM, you may do what you like with Kitty til Monday. Enjoy. ;D)

LightBringer
2006-05-25, 09:41 AM
Hmmmmm, sounds like fun. ;)

Rowan you continue to go straight then. This passage like the other two is reasonably clean. You can find no traces of passage. You continue moving slowly through, checking carefully. Unlike the first passage this one makes several sharp turns. After you've traveled for hours it seems, and have been traveling straight for some time, you see at grate at the edges of the lantern's light. Behind that you see a light.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-26, 08:36 AM
Rowan, a tall human -

Hmph, the way out - lovely. I'll poke out to see the location of this exit, but then we need to head back to the intersection.

LightBringer
2006-05-26, 09:59 AM
Your head won't fit through the grate, but you do see......Ahhh, I take that back, Your head won't fit through the grate you see, but, how are you approaching...lantern/no lantern. Fast or slow. I'm not going to assume anything here, so give me a few more details. No, not a jackass amount of details, but enough that if something happens it not my fault. :)

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-26, 11:23 AM
Well, if you mean by "approach" stand stock still, grab Aren by the collar, toss him forward and scream "Not in the face!" like a cheerleader, then yes - approach that way.

Approach... sunuva...


Rowan, a tall human -

Lantern in hand, hugging the right hand side of this tunnel, taking my time. If this is, indeed, an entrance, it's likely to have some sort of trap or alarm sooo, I search for such. I'll likewise do so as quietly as possible.

(Move silently 15+6=21, Search 12+5=17)

LightBringer
2006-05-26, 12:09 PM
Well you said you were going to 'poke out'. To me that means approach. ;)

You are quite correct though. You search the area just before the grate and sure enough you find a trap. Unfortunately, you find it the hard way. Everybody needs a Will save.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-26, 02:56 PM
Will: 16+4=20

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-27, 02:28 AM
Will Save: 14+4=18

LightBringer
2006-05-27, 10:44 AM
Alec you still out there? ???

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-27, 12:42 PM
He's dead, Jim. :p

alec
2006-05-28, 03:04 AM
Sorry, Scout thing snuck up on me :P
Will Save: 19+2=21

LightBringer
2006-05-30, 11:26 AM
Ok, waiting on Kitty. I'll roll for her if she hasn't done so by after lunch.

LadyGlutter
2006-05-30, 01:09 PM
(skin of my teeth!!! There's still food on my plate!)

8+7=15

LightBringer
2006-05-30, 03:31 PM
Oooooooookay,

Rowan careful approaches the grate. Moving slowly and checking the area carefully for any devious devices or traps. He is unable to detect anything, and as he moves a little closer a faint circle appears and disappears, as Kitty and Jacks, drop to the floor of the passage, Rowan gets slightly dizzy, but manages to shake it off. Aren seems to be the least effected, as he only felt a slight tingle.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-30, 07:08 PM
OOC: Drop to the floor UNCONCIOUS? Or just prone? Or what?

alec
2006-05-31, 02:10 AM
Aren
Aren shakes Kitty's shoulder, and whispers "Kitty, are you OK?" The concern in his voise is clear.

Chris_Chandler
2006-05-31, 08:30 AM
Rowan, a tall human

Not taking his eyes off Aren, Rowan is motionless and quiet, listening for anybody approaching.

(Move Silently 4+6=10, Listen 17+5=22)

LightBringer
2006-05-31, 10:03 AM
What's wrong Jacks :o not worried are you?

Rowan watches as Aren shakes Kitty. He is unable to wake her from the slumber. You can hear Jacks' breathing, and Aren, but nothing else makes a noise, yet.

LadyGlutter
2006-05-31, 10:15 AM
Kitty















( ;))

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-05-31, 08:05 PM
:P

alec
2006-06-01, 02:41 AM
Aren
Aren looks worried, and whispers to Rowan "Have a look through to where that other light is. We need to get these guys out of this area if we're going to wake them up."

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-01, 02:44 PM
Rowan, a tall human -

Rowan nods, then makes his move - look out of the grate, and get a sense of where it leads, then make a judgement about security. Once that's settled, I'll make an effort to see if the grate can actually be opened.

LightBringer
2006-06-01, 03:47 PM
The room behind the grate is a little barren. There is a stone chair in the middle of the room and nothing else. You can get a glimpse into another room through the doorway. You can see a wall of shelves, covered with tomes and scrolls.

You lightly test the grate. You believe it could be pushed open, but it is hard to dertermine the level of noise it might make.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-02, 11:08 AM
Rowan - a tall human

Hmm... noisy metal grate, eh. *Well, that won't do. *Is this grate hinged at all, or is it just placed as a barricade. *If the former, pop the flask on some oil and saturate any contact surfaces and give it a good minute to soak, then open quietly.

If the latter, then I'll just take my own sweet time with moving the grate very, very slowly.

LightBringer
2006-06-02, 11:18 AM
You see the grate is hinged at the top. You pour oil on it and let it begin soaking. Shortly afterwards you hear a small squeeky voice, "Hee hee, I've caught some flys in my web. It's been so long, I wonder who it could be."

alec
2006-06-03, 05:10 AM
Aren
Aren continues trying to wake Kitty, waiting for Rowan to tell him if the area ahead is safe.

LightBringer
2006-06-05, 11:14 AM
Kitty seems to be unwakeable.

I too am waiting to see what Rowan thinks. :)

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-05, 12:30 PM
Rowan, a tall human.

*sigh*

It's just me wandering around, spider. Why not come take a look at your quarry?

One step, two steps away from the grate, motion to Aren to shaddup and get scarce but quick.

LightBringer
2006-06-05, 01:16 PM
There's not many places to make himself scarce. Remember the last part of the passage was long and straight.

The voice replies, "Ooooo, my fly is still wake. It must be a strong fly. Me better bring big swatter." After another moment, a small head 'pops' up from the bottom of the grate, "Hellllooo flys."

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-05, 01:49 PM
Rowan, a tall human

Another step back, and time to be polite - Rowan bows quickly.

Well met, spider - Sorry for the tresspass. I was unintentional, I assure you.

LightBringer
2006-06-05, 03:24 PM
The little figure stares at you for a moment, you think it is male, but it is hard to tell. It does have long greasy, stingy black hair, and light blue eyes. The eyes though have a spark to them.

It's voice is a high pitch, "That is not possible. If you come from one of the other locations you would know where this passage lead, and the sewer is to well hidden to have just stumbled onto. You are here for a purpose, and I will determine that purpose."

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-05, 03:50 PM
Rowan, a tall human

N.. no, spider, we never intended to encroach on your property, not knowing where these tunnels led exactly, though we are in these sewers for a purpose. A bit of an exchange of information, to help clear things up between us, is probably a good idea, though. Perhaps you could tell us where we are?

LightBringer
2006-06-05, 04:49 PM
The response is a cross between weesing and giggling, "Hee, hee, hee, Oh information is our specialty. We will soon know everything you know. I need not exchange anything. Hee, hee, hee."

alec
2006-06-06, 03:03 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren keeps quiet, letting Rowan do the talking. He keeps his bow at the ready, and trys to remember any legends or stories about his "Spider"character.
Knowlege: Local; 14+12=26

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-06, 09:20 AM
Rowan, a tall human -

Well, I really could use your help, spider. See, we're trying to find something that might be lurking down here, something that has been killing poor little girls, but not letting them rest. You... wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

(Hey, I've got diplomacy - what? 'Course, I've gotta keep talking for a minute for it to matter...)

LightBringer
2006-06-06, 09:51 AM
The thing just smiles at you Rowan, "Pretty girls. I like pretty girls. They are yummy, yummy." He then points a 'stick' at you Rowan. You need another will save.

Aren, Other than your normal run of the mill fairy tales nothing comes to mind.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-06, 11:04 AM
Rowan, a tall human -

Well, he's crazy, but I keep thinking we're in the wrong pl... aw crap!

(Will Save of 23 total)

If he can, Rowan'll keep talking -

Spider, sir, please - we have no conflict with you, we just need some assistance, please stand down!

LightBringer
2006-06-06, 11:44 AM
Rowan you can easily continue talking. Just now you are in a cage. :o

You suddenly felt a tingle all over, then you are looking through bars at the left sight of the figure as it continues looking down the passage. It only glances at you for a second to confirm your in there then again tippy toes, "Hmmmmm, what else is in there. Hello sleepy flys."

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-06, 12:19 PM
So, he moved me to the other side of the grate?

LadyGlutter
2006-06-06, 12:29 PM
Kitty


....



(said the Fly to the Spider. Oh, joy.)

LightBringer
2006-06-06, 02:17 PM
Yes, Rowan is on the other side of the grate in a cage that has a serious looking lock on it.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-06, 02:51 PM
Rowan, a tall human -

Okay, this thing is looking to trap us, so, wonderful. *What a waste of time! *Why won't it talk to us?

Keep very quiet and inspect the lock carefully. *What type, condition, pretty much any information I'll need to pop it. *I am not going to try and unlock it right now - it takes too long, and it would jeopardize the group in doing so. *I'm just looking at the lock, and also seeing if there are any traps or triggers on it.

(Search: Take 20 =25)

Likewise I keep talking, trying to sway his attitude to being more helpful -

Spider - we really have little to offer in terms of information, but you may have it freely. What can we do to gain your assistance? I am willing to give service for your assistance, and I have a few items of interest, as well.

(Diplomacy: 19+10=29!)

LightBringer
2006-06-06, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure if taken 20 on magical traps is legal, but hey, I don't really care.

Rowan you know for a fact that there is a glyph or symbol on the inside of the lock. You're pretty sure it's set to go off if the lock is tampered with.

You continue talking, and manage to get him to look your way again. Again a weesing laugh, "Hee hee hee, Hmmmmm items yes, Hee hee , your brain, your eyes, your ears, hee hee hee, lots of items." He then looks back in and ports Kitty into a cage seperate but next to yours.

Let's wait for Aren's action before continuing.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-06, 05:16 PM
**REALLY wants to contribute here - but is busy sleeping. :P**

LightBringer
2006-06-06, 05:38 PM
Sorry Jacks, I bet you are chomping at the bit. *:(

alec
2006-06-07, 03:10 AM
Aren, Human Male
Aren keeps his bow aimed at "Spider", with the string drawn back to about his elbow. "So Spider, how long have you been down here?"

LightBringer
2006-06-07, 10:25 AM
The little manthing, peeks over the edge, "Ohhhhh, hello." Then points it's stick at Aren and...... Will check please.

Jacks is transported into a cage as well.

Kitty begins to stir.

alec
2006-06-08, 03:06 AM
(Dice, dont fail me now)
19+2=21

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-08, 09:28 AM
*sigh*

and they did

:'(

So, who's up for gestating larvae?

LightBringer
2006-06-08, 03:07 PM
Yes, Aren is in a cage as well.

So thats, Aren next to Jacks, who's next to Kitty, who's next to Roawn, all in a line.

Kity is now awake but groggy.

Jacks will begin to stir soon.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-08, 03:28 PM
Kitty

"Wh... what happened now?"

alec
2006-06-09, 01:52 AM
Aren
Aren frowns and draws his bow further back. "I would like to suggest you let us out if you dont want to spend a LONG time in the bighouse."

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-09, 09:26 AM
*blink*

Oh, now he talks, after we've got this thing just where we want it.

Go git 'im, tiger!

Rowan, a tall human -

Rowan looks toward Aren, seeing what's likely to happen, though he's still trying to talk this creature down.

So that' it - we come lost and ask for help, so you eat us? That isn't very hospitable. We'd have left immediately, as soon as we realized this was not where we needed to be. You aren't giving us many options, spider.

LightBringer
2006-06-09, 09:30 AM
The little 'man' who everyone now sees is about 3 feet tall smiles at Aren, "Hee, hee silly boy, no one going anywhere, except the pretty lady. Hee hee." He walks over to Kitty's cage, and touches the lock with the stick. It pops open and he looks at Kitty. "Follow me, follow me"

He then looks to Rowan as he turns to go ... somewhere, "Options, options there are always options. Options, options there are always options." he starts to sing the song 'Options' and continues toward the door.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-09, 11:37 AM
A groggy Kitty looks around, trying to assess the situation. Follow him... huh. Did Rowan just say 'spider'? And so you eat us? I never know when Rowan is just babbling, he's probably nicknamed this guy too. Well this way I'm not in a cage, and they are. Yawn. Follow the spider. Yeah, good assessment of the situation...

LightBringer
2006-06-09, 03:23 PM
Sounds like you're following, but are you? :)

LadyGlutter
2006-06-09, 03:31 PM
Oops, did I forget to say explicitly? Must be because I'm so groggy. Yawn.

Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch. Uh-huh. Yeah, I sure am following the spider deeper into his web.

At least out of the cage, I'm following. I'm a little confused as to where I am, so I'm 'groggily' just glancing around looking for layout at the moment, taking my time about it.

LightBringer
2006-06-09, 04:12 PM
You see that you and the three guys, still in cages, are in a stone room. You see the grate on the wall, so you must be in the room you all came to. You can't remember anything after Rowan approached the grate. The little 'man' is leading you out the room into a hallway. (Don't worry everyone you will get one last action before he leaves the room.) The only other thing in here is a stone chair in the middle of the floor. The cages are in the wall with the grate on it, so they could not be seen from the passage. "Hurry along little ladybug. Don't make me pull your wings."

alec
2006-06-09, 07:54 PM
Aren
Aren says, pitched so that "spider" cant hear it "Be careful Kit." and then begins to examine the lock on his cage.
Search: 16+14=30

LadyGlutter
2006-06-09, 10:27 PM
I smile reassuringly at Aren as I come out of the cage. "I've not got wings, silly thing. Not on me, anyway.... you know, I actually do have some in my closet at home though.

Where are we going? We've not been properly introduced. I'm Kitty."

LightBringer
2006-06-10, 12:21 AM
Aren, you find the same thing Rowan found. The locks have enchantments of some kind in them. It appears any tampering will set the traps off.

Kitty the little man doesn't answer you he just walks, in very small steps,. You walk past a huge library. there must be thousnads of tomes and scrolls. You walk past several other closed doors, finally coming to a door. 'He' opens it and motions inside, "Go in there and wait, THe Doctor will be here soon."

alec
2006-06-10, 07:35 AM
Aren
Aren frowns for a second, and then laughs. "You know, I joined this force to get away from cages, and now I wind up in one in the line of duty."

LadyGlutter
2006-06-11, 10:30 PM
Kitty

Wait! He's walking in front of Kitty, right? *Not behind her? *Because she never made it to that room if she saw the library, she detoured immediately. *Straight inside, if he's looking back then okay, if he's not then moving silently to give her a second, but still that's where she wants to go.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-12, 01:18 AM
(Hey all, I'm out of town for the week. Won't be back till Friday and I doubt I'll be able to check the thread. Never know, tho. Just a heads up. )

LightBringer
2006-06-12, 03:06 PM
What!!! Jacks is about to wake up. If you get to check the thread do so, otherwise Jacks is half out.

Jacks begins to stir.

Kitty, you quickly move into the library. You hear the little man continue down the hall. This room is so massive it makes you pause to get your bearings. You think you see some people working on the walls, but they must be.....hundreds of feet away. You reach for the closest tome and hear the little man say..something. Next thing you know you're in a little room. No tome, no clothes, no nothing. 'He' looks at you, "Please sit there and wait for the Doctor," pointing at a table in the middle of the room. The only other thing in here is a stool.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-12, 03:20 PM
(Darn skippy I am. I guess I showed you! That's much better. :D)

What does 'he' look like? I've got 3 ft tall and that's it.

LightBringer
2006-06-12, 03:31 PM
Like I said, it's hard to tell, what it is. It's about three foot tall, has black greasy, flat hair that is about shoulder length. The robe it wears is reaveling nothing about what's underneath, even though it's tied at the waist. It's hands are just short and stubby, but it holds and moves that wand through it's fingers with great agility. It's eyes are a dull blue, and seem to have little life to them. It's face is pale, but not white white, and it's features are none descript as well. It has 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, and 2 ears, but the features are just flat, and....there.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-12, 08:47 PM
(Oops, you did say most of that. :-[ I somehow missed the description. Of course you post that and I find it immediately.)

Kitty goes towards the creature, to peer out into the hallway. The nakedness doesn't bother her except she doesn't know exactly how he managed to do that. She is talking the whole time, winsome and charming, stretching and posing and vamping to a ridiculous amount. It's probably just going to encourage the thing more, but if it distracts it for a moment.... "I'd rather not, thank you all the same. I'm perfectly healthy as you can see. You did say there's always options, after all." She watches the thing's reactions very carefully (sense motive: 18+9=27).

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-12, 10:42 PM
Crap, and here I was waiting for Jacks, so I could really get some ire going. Sigh, t'was not to be.

Rowan, a tall human

So, a trap on the lock, naturally, and the spider can instantly put us in here without so much as a howdy-do. Lovely.

So, Stiff, can you slip through these bars?

alec
2006-06-13, 01:26 AM
Aren
"I'll try, but I dont think it will work." says Aren, and attempts to squeeze through the bars. If that fails, he will get one of his daggers out and start banging it against the bars.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-13, 11:53 AM
Rowan, a tall human

While Aren works it out, hopefully, Rowan will take a look at the trap trigger, and see if he can disable it.

This is so not good -

(Disable device - 11+4=15)

LightBringer
2006-06-13, 12:16 PM
The little'man' laughs at you, "Hee, hee. Options, yes, options are what the Doctor gives. Hee, hee" It seems to be unfazed by your nakedness. As he reaches for the door and begins pushing it closed. "Now go sit and wait."

Aren you try it squeeze between the bars, but just as your chest gets close to touching the bars, you feel a little tingle. About that same time you hear a scream.

Rowan, you try to disable the trap. You grimace, as you realize you set it off. Immediately you scream in pain and jump back away from the door. Pain sears through your body. Your scream echos through the halls. The pain continues on for what seems like forever. You are barely able to think, as you try to control yourself.

Yes Kitty, you hear the scream from down the hall as the door is being swung closed.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-13, 12:47 PM
Rowan, a tall human

After I can see and breathe again

Well... good. Heya, Stiff *cough*, disarmed the trap the ol' fashioned way.

So, to the lockpicking - Rowan'll so very take 20 on that.

alec
2006-06-14, 01:27 AM
Aren
Aren raises an eyebrow, and asks "Are you sure its disarmed? These are magic after all." and trys to squeeze between the bars again, hoping the tingle was related to Rowan setting off the trap.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-14, 03:58 PM
I smile but am firm. And anyway, why not? Rowan just rushed things a bit faster than I meant, but oh well. Charm Person on the little thing.

Then, "You misunderstand me. I opt not to see the doctor in the first place." I wedge myself between the door and the wall, and try to break out, towards the noise.

LightBringer
2006-06-14, 05:19 PM
Kitty you try to lunge through the door. As you break free you hear a deep, hard voice from behind you, "Now you're really pissing me off," as you feel a hand wrap around the back of your neck and enclose your entire throat. It lefts you up and tosses you inside the room. You bounce off the table and hit the ground. (taking 4 points) By the time you recover and are able to look up you see the small man smile, and push the door closed.

Rowan the pain lasted for 10 minutes. As you begin to pick the lock the little man comes around the corner. "Tsk, tsk now. None of that." He points his wand in your direction and says. "Now I've reset the trap. I would stop that if I were you."

Aren you were trying to squeeze through the bars again when you felt the tingle begin again. You then heard the scrap of a boot before it came around the corner and retreated back into the cage. It looks and feels like you can slip through the bars, but that tingle does not seem like it came from Rowan's cage.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-14, 07:44 PM
Do I recognize the voice?

alec
2006-06-15, 01:25 AM
Aren
Aren frowns and looks around for a small rock or something similar to throw at the little man.

LightBringer
2006-06-16, 12:17 AM
No Kitty, it's just a deep husky voice.

Aren there are no stones in the cages. You do have a quiver of arrows though.

I'll be gone tomorrow. I'll post later in the weekend.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-16, 10:18 AM
(Whereas Kitty is nekkid and 'helpless'.)

Kitty

"You're pissed, off? Good. The feeling's mutual." Kitty mutters to herself. *She composes herself and sets about examining the room she's in, the table, everything.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-16, 07:00 PM
{OOC: Back for the weekend}

I'm assuming I have time to wake up and take a few actions before the little man comes back?

If so, I draw a dart and a vial from my backpack and dip the dart in the vial. Next I stick my arm through the bars to make sure an item can pass through. Then I will wait to HEAR him arrive, as soon as he is about to come into the room, become invisible - surprise attack - throw the dart at him.

(11 + 6 = 17 Flat Footed.)

alec
2006-06-17, 01:32 AM
Aren
Aren frowns, frustrated at the lack of rocks to show his displeasure with. He does not fire an arrow at the man however, as it seems a bad idea to attack someone who could send him into the cage with such ease. He does, however, get out his sap, and fiddle around with it in the cage.

LightBringer
2006-06-18, 03:35 PM
Kitty as I said earlier, the only thing in the room is a stone table and a wooden stool.

Jacks you test the space between the bars, and nothing happens. You throw the dart as he resets the trap on Rowan's lock. As the tail of the dart crosses the edge of the cage a light flickers as the dart disappears.

Aren, you draw your sap and smack your hand a couple times. You sure wish he'd get close enough for you to knock the crap out of him.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-18, 05:38 PM
{OOC: Hrm. Sometimes maybe the GM just doesn't mean for you to get out......}


Frustrated, Jacks shakes his head and sits down in a Lotus Position to meditate and regain his focus.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-19, 10:23 AM
(PAGE 5, :o!)

Kitty having exhausted herself searching for any hidden anything and failing, finally sits and waits for the doctor to visit.

LightBringer
2006-06-19, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure if Rowan wanted to test out the little man resetting of the lock so for now he is in the cage thinking.

Jacks after several minutes of meditation, you see in your minds eye, your arm passing through the bars with no effect. Then you see the darts path is true until it is destroyed as the tail of it passes between the bars and over the edge of the cage. The little man barely took notice of it, but his hand did twitch just before he left again.

Kitty, after a momnet the door opens and a tall man, rather good looking, steps in, shutting the door behind him. He is right around 6 foot tall, black hair, slightly greying around the edges, and deep green eyes, that seem to know everything as they look at you, and into you. He smiles and you feel your knees weaken, you're glad your seating. As you keep your composure, "Well Miss ......... , How are you today? " He waits for you to supply your name. If you don't he just continues.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-19, 05:51 PM
(Oh, well, then if he's a hotty then it's okay that he has me all trapped here naked and against my will on a table playing doctor. :o)

Kitty

While surprised at her reaction, Kitty just chalks it up to the rabble she's been hanging out with and dismisses her wobbly knees. *Boy, what a softy I am lately... Wobbly knees, like I'm some teenager! Well, for that you at least deserve my name, like it matters... she thinks to herself as she simply says quietly, "Kitty" watching him curiously.

edit: stupid italics

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-20, 12:38 PM
(OOC: Did he not notice that I was invisible?)

LightBringer
2006-06-20, 02:50 PM
Jacks, he barely acknowledged the light that destroyed the dart. You don't think he even looked your way. So I guess the answer would be, 'No, he didn't notice.'

His smile grows a little, "Hmm, Kitty. Well Miss Kitty, How are you today?" He takes your wrist between his thumb and two fingers, then holds it up to his chest as he steps forward. Then seems to stare in space for a moment, waiting for your answer. Then he moves close and looks into your eyes, then pushes the lids back a little and looks into them some more. "So, is Kitty short for Katherine?" He places his hand between :o , at least it's nice and warm, and feels your heartbeat. Again he stares blankly as you answer, or not.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-20, 05:07 PM
Kitty

I answer the question "how are you" with "I'm just fine and I told your little 'nurse' or whatever that already." But then he asks what Kitty is short for. I coulda handled the physical stuff, but asking my given name is too much. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

LightBringer
2006-06-20, 05:46 PM
Kitty, he looks at you again, still smiling. "I'm checking on your general health. What does it look like I'm doing?" He moves his hand to your back, "Take a deep breath, please."

LadyGlutter
2006-06-21, 04:38 PM
"And why are you checking on my general health? How is it your business?"

(Pg 5 again, sigh. How am I supposed to know this has been updated if I have a busy day? I need my own personal page that only has my games on it because I'm the queen of the universe. And Guam.)

LightBringer
2006-06-21, 04:51 PM
He looks at you Kitty, "Please take a deep breath." Then waits for you to comply.

No more ideas from the guys?

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-21, 11:09 PM
I defer to the wisdom of my teammates at the moment. I can't feel my fingers.

LightBringer
2006-06-21, 11:25 PM
Did you want to continue trying to pick the lock after he supposedly reset the trap?

alec
2006-06-22, 02:15 AM
What are the lock and hinges made of, and what kind of hinges are on the door?

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-22, 09:16 AM
No, I want the numbness to go away from my elbows down, thank you.

continue... sheesh...

LightBringer
2006-06-22, 11:50 AM
Aren, the walls, roof, and floor are all stone. The front of the cage, the bars and hinges as you say, are made of some sort of metal. Iron or maybe steel, it's hard to tell, as the bars have a blackish residue on them. Sort of like when a lightning bolt hits a metal shield.

Rowan, you decide to wait a while before trying again. It will only take a few minutes for your body to calm down and everything to return to normal.

Jacks, you meditate some more and replay the events in your mind. It just seems strange that your arm just able to break the plane, but your dart could not cross it.

Kitty, your question is still pending ::)

LadyGlutter
2006-06-22, 11:59 AM
As is mine. "No."

LightBringer
2006-06-22, 12:33 PM
Kitty, he pokes you in the ribs, tickling you a little, as you reflexively sit up straight, twist away, and yes take a breath. He just smiles at you.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-22, 12:36 PM
Kitty's not ticklish!

*sigh*
*
Okay, fine.

The door's shut behind him.... hmm... *What's he wearing? *What has he on his person?

Heck I don't care. *Kitty gets up and walk to the door to try and open it. *She hasn't done that yet.

EDIT: *I looked back at this and that "I don't care" *doesn't mean don't answer my questions. *it just means, she does this action regardless of what the answers are. *If he has a big fat tazer in his hand, or a vial of Kill Kitty Dead serum or whatever, she'sll still going out the door. *But please answer me anyway. *Thank you and have a good evening.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-22, 05:52 PM
"Either of you have a length of rope with you?"

alec
2006-06-23, 01:23 AM
Aren
"Nope." replies Aren to Jacks' question, then pulls out a dagger and starts to try and pry loose to hinges on his cage.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-23, 09:14 AM
Rowan, a tall human

Of course, Jackie - what kind of snoop would I be without a sturdy length of rope? Just let my hand stop shaking...

Rowan pulls out his silk rope.

So... you might be able to get through these bars, or we could pop a bar off, if we can get enough oomph to it - sorry, what was your idea, Jacks?

LightBringer
2006-06-23, 12:02 PM
Kitty, he is dressed in normal clothing shoes, pants, and a shirt. He has nothing on his person that is visible. He could have some coins or something in a pocket. Youo get up and walk over to the door, and try the knob. The door is locked. You look back and see him simply standing there watching you. Then he looks into your eyes, "So Katherine, you seem to be in very good shape, and I don't detect anything out of the ordinary. So exactly why are you down here?"

Aren you start prying on the hinge. The workmanship is very good. You scrap some of the metal off and try to find a way to get the blade into a groove. Suddenly you feel a tingle :o as you accidently let the blade touch 2 bars at the same time. The tingle quickly turns into blast that sends you flying against the back of the cage and your dagger to the other side of the room. (you take 13 points of electrical damage)

LadyGlutter
2006-06-23, 12:58 PM
Kitty

Anger flashes in her eyes for a moment. *Then she does take a deep breath and speaks slowly and deliberately. *"I don't know. *I was investigating the cult of Vecna and trying to find out what happened to some poor girls. *I was walking down a corrider behind Rowan. *I blacked out and appeared in a cage and then was stripped of all my clothing and possessions and brought here by that little person and some invisible something that ...." *Kitty stops mid sentence. *She thinks, Wait a second... There is no way I am naked or anything like this. This doesn't even make any sense. *Kitty struggles to wake up, or disbelieve the doctor is there, or whatever. *

(Of course I'm sure that would take a will roll *:-X so freaking 1 of course, nevermind, she believes it totally even if it is fake or she's asleep!!)

Then Kitty looks at the "doctor". "So, I don't know, you tell me why I'm down here."

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-23, 01:51 PM
Jacks nods to Rowan, "I'm still thinking through this - not sure what we can do with it, but hold on to your end of the rope and toss me the other."

LightBringer
2006-06-23, 02:09 PM
Kitty, his demenor doesn't change in the least. He is smiling and seems happy, and interested in what you're talking about. He replies to your question, "I imagine you are down here because, you were investigating the cult of Vecna and trying to find out what happened to some poor girls, and were walking down a corrider behind Rowan."

Jacks, remember you can't see Rowan. You guys are side by side with a stone wall between you. Just wanted to be clear.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-23, 03:08 PM
((Puhleeze. *:P *He smiled because he felt the cosmic failure of me making a will save. *I know.))

Kitty's eyes roll into the back of her brain. No, that's not really extreme enough, but you get the idea. "Really? *Ya think? *Do tell.

How about you, Dr....? *I didn't catch your name. *What are YOU doing down here?" *She actually tries to bite down the frustration, that's what the buttmunch wants. *Stupid buttmunch. *No one likes a buttmunch.

edit: *added the "buttmunch" bit. Adding flavor for the game, you know.

LightBringer
2006-06-24, 12:41 AM
"Me? They just call me the Doctor. Why would you come down here to investigate some kind of cult?"

LadyGlutter
2006-06-24, 01:22 AM
Kitty

Okay, he's sounding halfway reasonable, lets try to have a conversation with him since I'm not going anywhere for the time being anyway. I hope the guys are making some headway. "Because that is where the clues led. And also because the souls of those girls asked us to. Why would you investigate my health when you don't know me, I don't know you, and it's frankly none of your business?"

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-24, 02:38 AM
Well... okay then.

"I don't think I can make the curve around the wall, but that's okay. Give me a minute." Take the rope, tie it around one of the bars of the cell, loop it around the next bar, loop it together, start coiling it around the bars, getting it tight as I can with each pull. With each wrap around, tighten it as hard as I can again, slowly constricting the bars til they either pop or bend so I can slip through.

LightBringer
2006-06-24, 03:09 AM
Kitty, "Oh course it's my business. Everyone's health is my business. That's what I'm down here for. No, I mean why would YOU can down here? Are you some sort of treasure hunter, or something."

Rowan, much like Aren, eventually you touch 2 bars at the same time, now that you are specifically messing with 2 bars. When you do you get knocked back against the wall. In an energy blast. (You take 10 points of damage)

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-24, 03:33 AM
Now, see, that doesn't explain anything. The whole point was to bend or break bars, and you just talk about zapping...

*sigh*

Well, I'm thrown against the back of the cage, so I guess I'm getting zapped again - now, does that throw me foward? Oh, wait - Perhaps I bumped into the cell door, since I probably was working the opposite side from the door - does that discharge the door trap again?

Rowan, a tall human

Hey Aren, Jacksie - looks like I'm gonna get out of here one way or another - One more try and I should be out of here!

The laughing doesn't help...

((OOC - you mentioned HP damage here, but didn't with the initial zap with the cage door - how many HP was that first one?))

alec
2006-06-24, 06:06 AM
Aren
Aren swears, and says "That really hurt. I'm not taking a chance with those bars again any time soon." He then starts looking around the inside of his cage for anything of intrest.
Search: 12+14=26

LadyGlutter
2006-06-24, 11:24 PM
Kitty

"No. Didn't I just answer that? I don't expect any treasure, just to be able to find and stop whoever is hurting these girls' souls and bodies. Why is everyone's health your business? I don't understand why you would set up shop here if you were concerned about the public welfare. And further, why you forced me to be examined?"

LightBringer
2006-06-25, 03:06 AM
Rowan , no the first was a symbol of pain, that merely inflinted pain. This was something else. An actual electric 'pulse' when you touched 2 of the bars.

Aren there is nothing of interest inside the cages. You have only what you brought with you.

Kitty, "I never said I was concerned about the publics health. It's my job to check everyone else down heres health. I haven't forced you persay. I have yet to hold you down or any such thing. So how is it that you are interested in the 'souls' of these girls? Are you a prophet or something?"

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-25, 02:21 PM
Jacks

"No flasks of Acid?"

Jacks chuckles, "Rowan, put the rope in your mouth, bite down, and tamper the lock."

alec
2006-06-26, 03:52 AM
Aren
Aren grunts in anger, and kicks one of the bars.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-26, 11:21 AM
Rowan a tall human -

Fine... Rowan carefully continues his work on pulling a bar closer with the rope. By careful that means not touching the bars at the same time. No, not even then.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-26, 11:39 AM
Kitty

"No, I'm not a prophet. *The 'souls' of these girls spoke to my friend when he touched one of their bodies and asked to be freed. *So we're doing that, for the sake of any other girls, so that the cult of Vecna doesn't run amok in the city, and the three that are already dead. *

If you haven't forced me, then I'm free to go? *Thanks. *Oh, wait, that's right, I am here against my will, I forgot. *Why's the door locked, why was I thrown in here by some invisible entity, why are my associates in cages?"

LightBringer
2006-06-26, 12:10 PM
Aren, kicking one of the bars does not result in a shock, or any real head way. In fact it sounds pretty solid.

Rowan, you work slowly avoiding touching 2 bars at the same time. It takes a good bit of time, and the bars don't seem to be giving that much.

Kitty, "Really? He spoke with the dead!. Oooh, he must be one of those cleric types, that are always claiming stuff like that? What's his name?

You and your friends are being detained for trespassing. They will remain locked up until it is determined what should be done with them. Why would you want to leave? Am I that unpleasent to converse with?"

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-26, 12:16 PM
Tresspassing!? Oh, that little... Mother of...

I never... Peanut gallery is unhappy mister...


It takes a good bit of time, and the bars don't seem to be giving that much.

Rowan, a tall human

That means that they are giving some. Half full, man, half full! Keep on keepin' on, tightening it more and more until they pop. Of course it's a slow process, but a proven process. Onwards!

alec
2006-06-27, 02:11 AM
Aren
Aren puts his gear away, and sits in the cage, waiting for a opertunity.
[OOC]
How big are the cages?

LadyGlutter
2006-06-27, 05:55 PM
Kitty

"His name is Aren. Your company is not the issue. I want to leave to get on with what we were doing. Whose 'property' is it we are trespassing on, Doctor?"

LightBringer
2006-06-29, 12:23 AM
Rowan, you continue to try the bars.

Aren, the cages are 4x6.

Kitty, He smiles, "Well I'm glad I'm suitable company. Unfortunately you'll have to stay in here a while longer, but I can have your clothes returned. I think I've seen enough. You'll do nicely." He moves to the door, "Oh, you are trespassing on the property of the Watchers, Collectors and Keepers of secrets ancient." He opens the door and steps out quickly, closing it behind him.

alec
2006-06-29, 01:20 AM
Damn, there goes that plan.
Aren
Aren lines up a kick, to see if he can break the lock.
Strength check: 18+2=20

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-29, 01:25 AM
Jacks

"Well, we're getting absolutely nothing done here, and Kitty is who knows where. If we can't get out, we're gonna have to learn about this operation at THEIR pace, and I'm not sure Kitty has that sort of time, based on the other girls we found."

Jacks sits down again, "Rowan, can you bite the rope to keep from screaming and pick the lock?"

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-29, 09:48 AM
Rowan, a tall human

Oh, I'll try, though I doubt it -

I'll try to pick the lock after I bend a bar.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-06-29, 10:38 AM
{OOC: Heh, one track mind?}

LadyGlutter
2006-06-29, 04:56 PM
Hmmm... wonder why he's looking for a priest so bad

( Knowledge rolls galore, did that name mean ANYTHING to me?


13 +3 =16 arcana
17 +3 = 20 history
20 + 7= 27 local
9 +4= 13 religion )

LightBringer
2006-06-30, 12:48 AM
Aren, (Very close) you hear the metal strain, but the lock holds.

Rowan, you continue to try the bars. The rope begins the fray, and you have made little headway.

Kitty, Hmmmmm, I think I'll give you a little longer. Read the post agin and think reeeeeeal hard.

alec
2006-06-30, 02:27 AM
[OOC]
I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, I'll post again on Sunday afternoon with any luck.

Chris_Chandler
2006-06-30, 08:39 AM
What are these, adamantine? Whateva...


Rowan, a tall human -

Taking time to pick the lock, expecting to be numbed by pain, but pushing through -

Take fricking 20 -

alec
2006-07-03, 05:04 AM
Aren
Aren says to the others "I think we can break out of these cages using brute force. Not my usual method, but it might work." He then braces himself against the wall, and starts to exert as much strength as he can on the lock.
Take 20 on the strength check.

LightBringer
2006-07-06, 12:48 AM
Sorry about the delay. I thought I would have more computer access than I did. I'm back now though.

Rowan takes his time to reach around the bars and not touch 2 at the same time as he tries to once again pick the lock. This time nothing happens as he works the lock and it clicks open after a few moments.

Aren uses all his strength and focus and pops the door open as Rowan gets his to open aws well.

Jacks waitys and thinks.

Kitty, Have you figured it out. It really isnt that hard. If not I'll respond to your skill rolls.

alec
2006-07-06, 08:04 AM
Aren
Aren moves over to Jacks' cage, and says through the bars "You coming, or are we leaving you here while we go help Kitty?"

LadyGlutter
2006-07-06, 11:22 AM
(Onward Mr. GM, I'm ready to roll. *;) See, watch -- )

Kitty waits on her clothes, of course trying the door after the Dr. and then listening attentively at the door.

Chris_Chandler
2006-07-06, 02:10 PM
Rowan, a tall human -

Rowan will move toward the direction he last saw Kitty, though, not stopping to pick on Jacksie. He's got a tanglefoot bag out in one hand, ready to through, and the mace held in his left hand. He's walking slow enough that Aren and Jacks (if he gets out of his cage) can catch up.


Shh... He's being sneaky already -

Creep along the wall until he sees movement, then hide (if possible) or ready to throw - Keying on that little creature with the stinking wand.

(move silently: 19+6=25)

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-06, 05:01 PM
Jacks

As Rowan turns to head down the hall, Jacks looks up, "Sure you don't want some help, bub?" He points towards the lock, "This is your specialty, not mine."

alec
2006-07-06, 10:19 PM
Aren
Aren raises an eyebrow at Jacks, then says "Just break the lock. Much less painful than trying to pick it. It's how I got out"

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-07, 01:04 AM
[OOC: Doh, I misread the DM post, thot that Rowan had to help pop the lock]

Jacks will CAREFULLY reach around the bars and try to pop the lock per Aren's instruction.

Take 20

LightBringer
2006-07-07, 01:40 AM
Kitty as you approach the door to listen your clothes suddenly appear on you. A quick search reveals that there is nothing in your pockets. You hear nothing at the door.

Rowan, as soon as you make the corner you see the small man finish saying something to a taller man, and turn back this way. He gives you a smile as he sees you in the hall.

Aren and Jacks, you see Rowan stop suddenly.

alec
2006-07-07, 10:13 PM
Aren
Aren whispers "This looks like trouble." and pulls out his sap.

LightBringer
2006-07-08, 12:24 AM
Jacks, you follow Arens instructions, You kick the lock on the cage once with all your might, then place your foot against the lock and apply a constant pressure. After a moment the lock pops and the door swings open.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-08, 11:48 AM
Jacks

Jacks quickly steps out and draws what looks like an egg out of his backpack, as well as his sword.

LadyGlutter
2006-07-08, 03:06 PM
Kitty

Well of course there's not! *I'd have emptied my pockets too. *Hmmmm... What are the walls and doors? *Stone? *Drywall? *Cinderblock? *I'm listening at the other walls too. Looking at the ceiling. Yes, caged rat syndrome.

LightBringer
2006-07-08, 11:57 PM
Kitty, the room is made of stone blocks. You don't hear anything through the walls. Yes it seems you are trapped, but good.

alec
2006-07-09, 12:10 AM
Aren
Aren motions to Rowan to come back, and moves quietly next to the door with his sap ready, indicating that Jacks should do the same.
Move Silently: 16+14=30

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-09, 02:51 AM
[HIDE 20+7 = 27, Move Silently 16+8=24]

Jacks goes all stealthy-like and prepares to ambush the little man.

LadyGlutter
2006-07-09, 08:05 PM
Kitty waits.

Chris_Chandler
2006-07-10, 08:46 AM
Rowan, a tall human -

Um... clearly the throw! One tanglefoot on the little man's noggin, then move on him, with the eventual purpose to get that freaking wand out of his freaking little freak hand.

I hear the guys behind me - who wouldn't? They'll move toward me or not, either way, I'm not withdrawing.

(Ranged touch attack - 16+8=24)

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-10, 07:07 PM
Jacks

Seeing Rowan move forward and engage, Jacks closes with the little wanded man and throws his egg at his feet.


(Eggshell Dust Grenade: 18+6=24 to hit his square. Target square is blinded for 1d4 rounds - I'll let GM roll that - and all ajacent squares make a DC10 Reflex save or be blinded for 1 round.)

LightBringer
2006-07-11, 12:14 AM
Ummm, okay. Rowan give me a Reflex save for the gernade, and I'll post the begins of the combat later.

Aren you see all this going on.

Kitty, you sit, pace, sit, and wait.

Chris_Chandler
2006-07-11, 08:27 AM
Umm... Okay, back atcha...

(Reflex: 17+11= way more than 10, er 28)

LightBringer
2006-07-11, 01:32 PM
Rowan upon being spotted quickly charges down the hall while tossing a bag at the 'little man'. Somehow he nimbly backsteps the bag and avoids it's effects. Goo spreads over the floor where he was and quickly hardens. Just before Rowan arrives at his destination, the bag tossed by Jacks explodes in front of him. Rowan quickly jumps back to avoid the spray of powder. The 'little man' jumps back as well avoiding the main spray of the powder. He coughs and grins a little as the powder spreads in the air of the hallway.

The 'little man' is on the other side of the powder. Rowan and Jacks you could charge through, but it may still effect you, or you can wait for it to clear some, or you could do something else. The 'little man' taps himself on the head with the wand. *

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-11, 02:17 PM
OOC: there's no save for being blinded in the target square. At least not that I've been able to found.

Chris_Chandler
2006-07-12, 12:22 AM
ooc: actions pending on ruling

LightBringer
2006-07-12, 12:50 AM
I didn't mean that he saved from the blinding effect. He was not in the affected area when the egg exploded. His save was to evade the area of main effect.

alec
2006-07-12, 04:56 AM
Aren
Aren shakes his head and sighs. He then moves up the corridor behind the other two, letting them engage first, with his sap at the ready.

Chris_Chandler
2006-07-12, 10:22 AM
Ev... *hrm - well, evade this, little man...

Rowan, a tall human -

Since Rowan is on him, and he's moved away (adjacent, remember?), doesn't Rowan get an AoO? Or are you saying he jumped out of the cloud, then, erm, back in the - Well, whatever, Rowan's bringing him to the ground. Step to him quickly and tackle him, then, once Rowan's got him, take that bleedin' wand from his hands.

(So - Grapple check... *That means a [1.] *touch attack: Nat 20!, then an [2.]opposed Grapple check as a free action - Rowan's is 18+8=25 vs. ? the little guy [is he size small or is he just short? *Size small means a penalty!], then once the grapple is completed, he's going to take that wand away from him - So, [3.] - pin - Another opposed grapple check of 17+8=24 vs ? to pin him for one round - next round Rowan'll be able to take the wand away. *Yes this one standard action)

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-12, 10:39 AM
[OOC:Not sure how a character can move out of a square on another character's turn, especially TWICE (Rowan, then Jacks) but you're the DM, so *shrugs*)

Jacks eyes the situation, conciious of the fact that these two "men" may be in league with Vecna, and thereby more than meets the eye, and draws another egg from his sack.


(Readying an action to throw grenade at the taller man if he movesto get involved.)

LightBringer
2006-07-12, 02:21 PM
Ok, lets get down to the gritty then.

The tanglefoot bag has a save of 15. Which the little mans saving throw was a 15, so his bonuses weren't needed. The tangle foot effects the whole area, so the only way to 'avoid' the effect with a save in my opinion is to have removed the target from the area. The egg has a similar effect, so I was using the, "when you are subject to an unusual or magical attack, you get a saving throw to avoid or reduce the effect", from the SRD or handbook, whichever you are using, to allow the 'little man' a saving throw. I see now though that the EggShell is a standard attack and therefore, does not get a save, much like a throwing axe. My question then turns to, Does the description of the Eggshell say what happens if say it is deflected or snatched, like an arrow?

At this point the 'little man' is at the center of the egg explosion until I get a response. Rowan you were closing in but basically had to stop before you got there due to the egg dust, so you and the 'little man' were never adjacent. Since we are dealing with dust, am I to assume the dust stays in the air for a time period, like 1d4 rounds, or is there something in the description about that. If there isn't I'm going to have to go by my original thinking that the dust itself is in the air. Therefore if anyone engages in that hex they will need a saving throw to resist the blinding effect of the dust.

Oops almost forgot, the tall man is headed the other way in the hall. He apparently has no desire or concern about the combat.

Ignatius_the_Monk
2006-07-12, 06:50 PM
{ooc: sent a PM to LB}