PDA

View Full Version : Hadozee Swashbuckler?

Krüsher
2010-06-20, 04:27 PM
Hey guys. I'm thinking about creating a Hadozee for my groups next campaign and I chose it because it seemed like a good race to role-play with. The book says that the favored class is rouge but I hate doing the stereotypes so I was thinking of making him a swashbuckler and had joined the group at a port at some point. I thought it would work well with the usual sailor mindset of a Hadozee plus the race seems to be a good match for the fighting style that swashbucklers have.

Keld Denar
2010-06-20, 04:29 PM
You could do a Daring Outlaw build, synergizing Rogue and Swashbuckler seamlessly inth a blender of TWFing sneak attack goodness.

Does that sound interesting?

Typical builds are:
Rogue4/Swashbuckler16 for a nearly full BAB melee machine
Swashbuckler4/Rogue16 for more skills, plus Int to damage and gets to 16/20 BAB before 20, if that matters to you (going epic).

The feat Daring Outlaw from Complete Scoundrel stacks together levels of Swashbuckler and Rogue to determine SA damage and Grace. Thus, you are effectively a 20th level Rogue AND a 20th level Swashbuckler for those 2 abilities, but you don't get any of the other abilities for the class you don't take (like Rogue special abilities, etc).

Ernir
2010-06-20, 04:29 PM
Okay.

So, what can we do you for? Are you looking for build advice? :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
2010-06-20, 04:30 PM
While unfamiliar with the Swashbuckler class itself in play, I often hear it is a better idea to get out of the class after the third level. You could perhaps mix it up with Scout or the like perhaps, which in some ways is similar to the Rogue but has some different stuff. Or you could go Swashbuckler/Warblade, if you're familiar with ToB and it is allowed.

Makiru
2010-06-20, 04:40 PM
Just remember: you are a FLYING GORILLA. That pretty much gives you a blank slate for whatever kinds of strange cultural behaviors or dueling customs you can think of (within reason, obviously).

For instance, you might stand on your hands, wielding your rapier or whatever in one foot, with the other behind your back, claiming that that would be the only way to fight the opponent on even ground. Insult swordfighting might be the norm where you came from, and it throws the opponent off guard when you call them a cow as a formal introduction.

The possibilities are only limited by how far you're willing to go.

Thurbane
2010-06-21, 02:47 AM
See if you can squeeze some Factotum levels into your build - 3 or 4 will only lose 1 BAB. Gets you some tasty INT related bonuses - nice for a Swashbuckler.

Krüsher
2010-06-24, 03:02 PM
You could do a Daring Outlaw build, synergizing Rogue and Swashbuckler seamlessly inth a blender of TWFing sneak attack goodness.

Does that sound interesting?

Typical builds are:
Rogue4/Swashbuckler16 for a nearly full BAB melee machine
Swashbuckler4/Rogue16 for more skills, plus Int to damage and gets to 16/20 BAB before 20, if that matters to you (going epic).

The feat Daring Outlaw from Complete Scoundrel stacks together levels of Swashbuckler and Rogue to determine SA damage and Grace. Thus, you are effectively a 20th level Rogue AND a 20th level Swashbuckler for those 2 abilities, but you don't get any of the other abilities for the class you don't take (like Rogue special abilities, etc).

I like the idea but I would be starting at about third level so what, I would start at rogue and after 4rth level take levels in swashbuckler? (for the BAB melee) Plus the fact that I can fly will probably add to ways i can fit a SA in. Sounds good to me but I will look into what you other guys said too.