PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Artist

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 08:15 PM
I've had an idea for a webcomic for a while now, but I have a single huge problem. You have might have heard that artists only see their flaws, well, my art wants to make me gouge out my eyes. As you can believe, this is very distracting. I have a story and a world planned out, but I'd like an artist to collaborate with. I don't mind OOTS style drawings, but more detailed styles are appreciated.

I don't want to give out the story line in a thread, but if you PM me, I'll summarize it. It is set in a mid-fantacy setting, but I am extremely flexible in terms of artistic style, as long as it can be made on a regular basis. I can make extremely detailed scripts, or very open scripts depending on artists preference. It is a story comic, not a gag-a-day, and on the sliding scale (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfIdealismVersusCynicism), I would describe it as idealistically cynical.

Please don't make a comment along the lines of "Practice makes Perfect," as I want to do this for fun, and I very much dislike the drawing aspects.

Domochevsky
2010-06-20, 08:29 PM
Huh, i would offer my talents, but im already kinda tied up in 4 projects currently. >_>

Some more info for other artists would be good though. Like what page sizes, what update schedule you're aiming at, etc.

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 08:46 PM
I'd like for each comic to be about a page or more in size. As for schedule, I'd like it to be regular. I mostly improvise for individual scenes, while the general idea is thought out in advanced, so I can spew them out very quickly. I'd like this to be a weekly or semiweekly comic, or even more often than that, but if I deem the art truly epic, and it takes time to make it that awesome, then I'm willing to make it monthly.

Jokasti
2010-06-20, 08:52 PM
Unless you are plugging a comic called Looking for an Artist, this should probably go in Arts & Crafts.

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 08:59 PM
Unless you are plugging a comic called Looking for an Artist, this should probably go in Arts & Crafts.

How do you move it?

Jokasti
2010-06-20, 09:52 PM
Ask a Mod to do it.

Domochevsky
2010-06-21, 10:37 AM
I'd like for each comic to be about a page or more in size. As for schedule, I'd like it to be regular. I mostly improvise for individual scenes, while the general idea is thought out in advanced, so I can spew them out very quickly. I'd like this to be a weekly or semiweekly comic, or even more often than that, but if I deem the art truly epic, and it takes time to make it that awesome, then I'm willing to make it monthly.

That didn't really clarify it all that much. "A page" can be a lot of difference, depending on what one quantifies as that. What width? What length? Depending on that and art style a "page" could be done three or four times a week, seeing how you seem to be pretty lax on the "fast n shoddy". Good if you "just" want to tell a story though. :smallsmile:

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 10:44 AM
I want to do it for the story, but I can accommodate artists who want to do it for the art. By page I meant letter sized sheet of paper, so 8 and 1/2 by 11, but as I see this as an artistic choice, I don't want to put restraints on it. By all means, take advantage of the infinite canvas of the web.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-21, 05:36 PM
I might have some free time for something. PM me if you're interested. Some of my sample work:

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/Dr-Epic/copy.jpg?t=1270803309

Can you find all the Marvel references?

minored108
2010-06-24, 01:56 PM
Hmm.. this looks interesting but I'm in the middle of a project right now, so I'd want to see a storyline before I commited to it.

Here's a link to my dA page: http://coyoterox.deviantart.com/

HypoSoc
2010-06-24, 03:55 PM
Really nice. I'm currently waiting for a response from Alarra. If I don't get one soon, I'd be happy to have you as the artist.