PDA

View Full Version : My Avatar

headmonkeyboy
2010-06-21, 09:29 PM
I made this avatar by myself just for this only. Please dont use this. Im just wondering if this is ok with rich (the giant) rich, if you could respond, that would help, thanks :elan:

Crimmy
2010-06-21, 09:32 PM
Well, not to be the rainy cloud in your sunny day, but for what I've seen, Rich's posts are quite unfrequent.

headmonkeyboy
2010-06-21, 09:43 PM
Yeah, i can always hope though.
I was reading his thread about not altering his cherecters but i was wondering if making it by myself just for this was ok because i was unsure from the thread.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-06-21, 09:56 PM
Using actual OotS art as a reference is perfectly fine, as is, in fact, tracing it. If you had simply chopped the image out of the comic, it would be bad, even were it edited for colour, ect.

Your's is a drawing you have made, and no more inappropriate than my own or that of my esteemed (and much more talented) colleague, Crimmy.

And don't worry, no one's going to try to use it without your permission. We aren't barbarians.

Cealocanth
2010-06-21, 10:00 PM
I think that's okay. I've seen avatars of the OOTS characters, like Elan thrusting with while holding Banjo, or other characters doing other stuff while holding other things/people. I've never encountered a place where avatars like these were banned. As far as I know, it's more of a guideline than a rule. (This is usually the part where I am corrected so you're not out of the deep end yet...)

I think this thread belong's in Board and Site Issues, my friend. Arts and Crafts works, but it's more of a Forum Rules question.

headmonkeyboy
2010-06-21, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the advice oh much more experienced artist!