PDA

View Full Version : Chronicle of the D War: A Story from the Playground

Blue Ghost
2010-06-22, 03:39 PM
After some prompting from some friends, I've decided to relaunch this project. I will be writing a series of short vignettes about my experience from the D War (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111966). Don't expect too much in terms of quality writing or a coherent storyline.
If anyone who had participated in the events described would like to contribute a chapter, it would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me first, however.

Table of Contents:

Prologue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8760962&postcount=2)
No More Hugs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8765206&postcount=5) (by Je dit Viola)
Alliance Drawn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8765206&postcount=9)
Dark Heart (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8774940&postcount=19)
An Unexpected Visit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8805111&postcount=28)
Parallel Preparations (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8822125&postcount=55) (by Je dit Viola)
Before the Battle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8811855&postcount=37)
The Rage of War (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9028612&postcount=65)
One Who Knows (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9033265&postcount=68) (by ThePhantom)
Correspondence (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9111561&postcount=75)
Midnight Rendezvous (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9180825&postcount=77)

Blue Ghost
2010-06-22, 03:40 PM
Prologue

It is a beautiful day today in the Playground. The brilliant summer sun is shining overhead, bathing the land in its radiance. As I walk down the streets, I am greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of the Playground. Bards singing ballads of valor and love, young wizards showing off their magical inventions, friends and companions sharing in the laughter and joy of this magical place that I call home. When I behold the love and harmony of the Playground, it is difficult to believe that but a year ago, the Playground was ravaged by the shadow of strife and war.

I am a wizard and not a bard, and my weak and halting words cannot hope to describe the momentous days of what we now know as the D War. It was a time of sorrow and fear, when the darkest evil threatened the Playground from without and within. The days of the war brought out the worst in all of us.

But I believe that every cloud has a silver lining, that there is meaning to be found in the deepest chaos. The struggle has been a crucible for the molding of my soul, and out of the conflict friendships were forged that have stood the test of time.

Thus, with trepidation and great hope, I, Blue Ghost, take up pen and scroll to tell the story of the great War, that the redemption of those dark days will be complete.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-22, 04:32 PM
(Applause)
Blue, you are AWESOME and I cannot wait for more!

Blue Ghost
2010-06-22, 11:43 PM
I was hoping to get the first chapter up today, but it seems that writing narrative is more difficult for me than I thought. It will be up tomorrow, I promise.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-23, 02:42 AM
*applesauce*
It was pretty good!

Ooh, ooh! Can I write one? (Of course, including some of the stuff that happened in the Kiss or Kill thread, just before it)
(('cause, y'know, I was there.))

(Note: I'm writing this in spite of how much I detest writing about myself.)
In addition, if Blue writes about this same thing, then they don't technically contradict, because of the way mine's set up. Could be falsified, or something.

No more hugs-"Hey, look at this. This mainframe must be ancient."
-"Sure looks like it."
-"I wonder what this button does..."
-"Hey, don't press random buttons - !"
-Suddenly, the large, dim screen flickered on, with the occasional static and discolored pixels. It seems to be the recording of something that happened in a secluded room, long ago.

The screen is pretty dark, with the dim silhouette of a teenage girl, sitting in the corner with her back to the camera. Only her right shoulder and reddish hair was onscreen. It's hard to tell what's going on, because there's no sound.
-"Hey, why's there no sound?"
-"Maybe the speakers are shorted out."
-"Or, they could just be off."
At once, the sound is turned on, showing that the teenager is crying. After closer inspection, that off-colored line on her face could be a stream of tears.

On another wall, a door opens, and a yellowish light is cast, lighting up the room on the flickering monitor. Then, a shadow so dark that it seems to absorb the light is cast over the door. A being walks into the room. "Hey," said the voice; the voice that seems to pierce hearts, even through the fuzzy speakers. "What are you crying for - What's wrong?" it asks in a lazy tone.

She sniffed, and turned her head towards the dark being. "Th-they don't like me."

"Stop crying. Please. Or else." The dark being took a gliding step towards the girl.

Trying to stop crying, she failed miserably, as proven by the hiccup. "But...but n-n-none of them like me, and they won't let me play with them."

The being in a humanlike form seems to sigh. "Tell you what. You can come with me for a while.Just get up."

She consented, and also picks up a viola as she stood. "R-really? You really mean it?" she asked in a hopeful voice, yet with fear lurking in the back that he might suddenly change his mind.

"Yes. Now hurry, I have things to do."

The girl squealed with joy, and suddenly found herself with her arms wrapped, in a hug, around the shadowy humanlike mass with glowing red eyes.

"Please do not do that again." Which is, of course, understandable. Hugging someone out of the blue like that, not to mention that she was hugging a physical embodiment of pure hatred and evil...
He forced her off of him and out of the hug.

The teenager smiled coyly. "But sometimes someone just needs a hug." Once again, she managed to embrace him.

After a stern look by the dark being, she let go once again."I'm a physical embodiment of evil. No more hugs."

The girl stuck her lower lip out in a pout. "But...but what if I need a hug?" He started to nod. Before he could finish the nod and answer, she suddenly says, "I need a hug right now. To make me feel better." One final time, she hugged him.

This time, he didn't halt the hug. It was for her, to make her feel better. However, he did sigh audibly, close his eyes, and shake his head.

"Okay. That's enough," he said after a long pause.

She let go, and they both walked towards the door, out of the room. "So what's the name of my new friend?" she asked, shifting the viola from her right hand to her left hand.

"Dark Lord."

The speakers suddenly went out once again, and the monitor flickered madly. The computer started sparking, before it shorted out in an explosion of smoke and the smell of burning plastic, and the screen went dark.

Dun dun duuuuuuunnnnnnn! (:smalltongue:)

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled stories.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-23, 03:48 AM
I want to hug a physical embodiment of evil. The irony is delicious...

Oh, and nice chapter. ^_^

Saint Nil
2010-06-23, 07:29 AM
Awesome work both of you! It might be interesting for others to add their own experiences to the work, while the main story would be conveyed by Blue. Anyway, glad to have this back.:smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2010-06-23, 10:53 AM
Ooh, thanks, Viola! That was excellent. Just what I was looking for. But now I cannot possibly outdo that...
But I would like to ask that any further chapters that others would like to contribute be PMed to me, so that this thread would not have to be closed.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-23, 01:14 PM
Okay, I have finally completed the first chapter.

Alliance Drawn

Two black-hooded guards carrying spears met us at the door of the Brethren sanctum. Without a word, they beckoned us inside. As we stepped out of the sunlight into the cold underground base, my companion, a stocky, heavyset dwarf, gave an involuntary shudder. I don't like this. I don't trust this Brethren gang one bit.

I grimaced as I whispered back. Neither do I, Fred. But we have to do what we have to do. There is much at stake here.

Without a further word, we let the two guards march us through the labyrinthine corridors of the Brethren base. The torches cast flickering shadows on the walls covered with murals depicting bloody scenes of conquest and warfare. After what seemed like hours, the guards led us to a grand doorway carved with a dragon sigil. They ushered us in and took their leave.

We entered to the sight of a number of figures seated around a conference table. One of them, a tall, grim-faced man in a black cloak, clenched his jaws at the sight of Fred, his hand slipping to the hilt of his sword.

The figure at the head of the table, a kobold clad in ornate black robes, rose to greet us. His presence was intense and commanding despite his small stature. Raising his arms in a magnanimous gesture, the kobold greeted us. Blue Ghost! Fred the Fighter! How wonderful it is for you to join us today! As you know, I am Lord of Kobolds, leader and chairman of the Brethren of Spells and Stabbities. Come, take a seat.

I gave the Lord of Kobolds a taut smile and took my seat, and Fred did likewise. Now, let us dispense with the formalities. There is an urgent matter that must be dealt with today. You are aware of D_Lord's recent activities, are you not?

The kobold smiled and nodded. Yes. My men have been carefully monitoring his activities. The D Clones have been on the march, and are rapidly spreading through the Playground. There has not been any overt aggression, beyond what is normal and accepted.

That is what worries me. The Dark Lord is clever and ruthless. Your Brethren were not here to witness it, but this man, or whatever he is, came within inches of singlehandedly conquering the entire Playground. Should he decide to strike again, as he inevitably will, we must not be caught unawares. Yet we cannot risk open war. D_Lord is far too powerful, and even if we should defeat him, much bloodshed will be inevitable.

But war is upon us, whether we wish it or not. D_Lord is already at work, seizing every opportunity he can get to weaken and destroy the Brethren. Action must be taken.

The grim-faced swordsman spoke up. My lord, what is to prevent us from entering a truce or even an alliance with the Dark Lord? To fight against him will severely deplete our resources, and may well destroy the Brethren. But if we can get him to support usÖ

Iíll tell you why, Grim Ranger! Fred stood quivering from the table. D_Lordís evil knows no bounds. You think you will get anything from working with him? Your little Brethren gang will be the first to be destroyed when he gets what he wants. And what does he want? Nothing less than the total destruction of the world! To seek any cooperation with that fiend is utter madness.

Lord of Kobolds nodded. Well spoken, friend Fred. A lasting peace with D_Lord is not an option. To ensure the lasting survival and dominance of the Brethren, the threat must be eradicated.

To speak of eradicating D_Lord is foolish, Lord of Kobolds. He is much too powerful. We have little hope of containing his power, much less of destroying him.

The kobold turned to me, giving me an amused smile. But surely you wish to see your most hated foe destroyed?

What I desire is of little consequence. I act for the good of the Playground, Lord of Kobolds. But you are correct. War is upon us, whether we desire it or not. Action must be taken. We must rally the Playground to our cause, and be prepared to fight.

Then we agree. Let us then stand together against our common foe.

That day, a treaty was drawn up, and I entered into an alliance with the Brethren. Though it was a necessary step, I knew that it had moved us one step closer to war.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-23, 02:56 PM
Ooooh. Tension and drama. <3

Je dit Viola
2010-06-23, 05:10 PM
((Oops. My bad. :smallredface: I promise I won't do it again.))

That's a nice first chapter! It's pretty great. And it has lots of dialogue, too!

ThePhantom
2010-06-23, 05:12 PM
I'm confused. Is this the second D War, or the first? I thought the brethen were only in the second.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-23, 05:21 PM
((Oops. My bad. :smallredface: I promise I won't do it again.))

That's a nice first chapter! It's pretty great. And it has lots of dialogue, too!

Sorry, it's my fault. I should have told you earlier. I really appreciate your contribution, Viola.

I'm confused. Is this the second D War, or the first? I thought the brethen were only in the second.

The Brethren were in the first as well. They were on our side, fighting against D_Lord. Remember?

ThePhantom
2010-06-23, 05:28 PM
Oh. Things got mixed together. My mistake.

Saint Nil
2010-06-24, 08:02 AM
Ah, so its the clone wars. Good, because I felt the second D War was a little too much like kids on (ironically) a playground.

I stab you with my sword!
No, I'm immune!
You said you were immune to fireballs!
I'm immune to those too!

The first D-War had a little bit more..stability..in my opinion.

Anyway, very nice first chapter, and you did a good job introducing several of the sides. Will the next one focus on D Lord, or will all the stories you write come from your view point, while someone like Viola could write ones about her and D-Lord while Grim could write the sneakyness of the Brethren.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-24, 10:32 AM
I wasn't even there. This is all new to me. XD

Blue Ghost
2010-06-24, 11:29 AM
Ah, so its the clone wars. Good, because I felt the second D War was a little too much like kids on (ironically) a playground.

I stab you with my sword!
No, I'm immune!
You said you were immune to fireballs!
I'm immune to those too!

The first D-War had a little bit more..stability..in my opinion.

Anyway, very nice first chapter, and you did a good job introducing several of the sides. Will the next one focus on D Lord, or will all the stories you write come from your view point, while someone like Viola could write ones about her and D-Lord while Grim could write the sneakyness of the Brethren.

I believe the Clone War was another event, which happened even earlier. I alluded to it in that last chapter. I'm going to be writing about the D War, which, unfortunately, was just what you said. I'm going to dread writing the battle scenes (maybe someone else will write them for me), but there were several interesting and very significant things that happened in between the battles that I'm eager to address.
The next chapter will be dealing with D_Lord and Viola. Viola may not like writing about Viola, but I do. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2010-06-24, 12:04 PM
Viola may not like writing about Viola, but I do. :smallsmile:
Ship. (Shot)
...well, it's a perfectly logical response!

Blue Ghost
2010-06-24, 12:20 PM
Another chapter completed. It shares some themes with Viola's chapter, which is to be expected, since we're describing essentially the same event.
I found the multicolored chaos that characterizes D_Lord's speech difficult to follow, so I just used a shade of DimGray instead. I hope you don't mind, D_Lord.

Dark Heart

On the border of the Playground, indeed on the very fringes of reality itself, perpetually shrouded in clouds of black mist, stood the fortress in which the Dark Lord dwelt. Inside, vile machines turned day and night, and hordes of mindless, emotionless gray clones, mockeries of humanity, worked tirelessly on the manufacture of instruments of war. Deep in the heart of the fortress, D_Lord sat on his throne, plots of terror and destruction ever turning in his dark mind.

An eerie and beautiful melody drifted through the room, a viola solo in A minor. The haunting beauty of the music sharpened D_Lordís mind, spurring his thoughts to new heights. Ever since that girl had decided to tag along with him, his rise to power had been proceeding more rapidly than ever before. His clone legions, powered by the Dark Lordís thoughts, were working at astounding rates.

The Dark Lord mused aloud, half to himself, half to the girl standing beside him. My enemies have begun to rally against me. Let them do so. It will make their despair all the sweeter when I destroy them. Tomorrow, we make our move, and all the Playground shall be consumed by the Dark Lord.

Viola ceased her song and looked up. Ooh, can I come with you, D_Lord? Please?

D_Lord focused his gaze on Viola. She did not shrink. Why are you still following me, girl?

Viola shrugged. Because youíre my friend. Youíve been nicer to me than anyone else Iíve met. And besides, you need a friend too. Itís not healthy for you to live out here all by yourself.

The Dark Lordís eyes narrowed, trying to pierce through any deception that Viola may be throwing up. You are not an agent of that wizard, are you?

She laughed, a cheery, guileless laugh that sent shivers down the Dark Lordís spine. Who, Blue Ghost? Why would I be working for him? I hardly know him. No, you can trust me. After all, thatís what friends are for, right?

D_Lord could see plainly that the girl was sincere, that there was no deception in her heart. Yet there was something about her that he could not fathom, something that shook him to the core. Here she was, a young girl with no malice in her, choosing to stay with the lord of all evil from her own volition. This had never happened before.

So, can I come with you?

Yes, yes, I suppose you can. Make yourself useful.

Viola squealed with delight. Thanks, D_Lord! Youíre the best!
And she threw her arms around him in a fierce hug. The Dark Lord did not resist, but let a drop of her warmth trickle into his dark heart.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-24, 01:35 PM
Will I be smitten by a mighty and evil being if I ship ViolaD_Lord? :smallconfused:

(Not that that would stop me.)

ThePhantom
2010-06-24, 01:38 PM
On D_Lord's behalf, I will tell you the answer to that question.

YES.

(Besides, he didn't give his permission for that.)

Blue Ghost
2010-06-24, 01:52 PM
On D_Lord's behalf, I will tell you the answer to that question.

YES.

(Besides, he didn't give his permission for that.)

That was in response to Lix and not me, right?
It probably is best if we lay off the shipping for now.

ThePhantom
2010-06-24, 02:42 PM
To Lix. We don't want this thread closed, so no shipping.

D_Lord
2010-06-24, 02:51 PM
Lets see, love it Blue, Nice Viola, and to Lix Lorn
NO SHIPPING MEEEE!!!!!!!

also if you do http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2Vwct8JYkYKXMM:http://www.stampede-entertainment.com/tremors3/explosion-l.jpg
and for evil messor. http://sushantskoltey.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/explosion.jpg

Also remenber that Dark Lord is insane and maybe can get to you through the fourth wall Lix.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-24, 03:59 PM
I think just saying it is fine, otherwise I wouldn't have done.

That'd be awesome if he did. I'd just keep dodging and offer to stop if he made me his Dragon.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-24, 05:05 PM
It's good, that part is. And, you're right. Doing a single color looks a whole lot easier than planning out when to switch colors, and what to.

One odd quirky suggestion, though. Every time you do speaking, you always put action text before, then speech text after. There's nothing wrong with that. However, to me, it seems really repetitive.
Maybe you could try putting the speech text between action text or the speech text before the action text once in a while? That way, it won't look so
Stuff happens here, "Stuff gets said here"
More stuff happens, "Text starts to blend into spoiler box and is easily skipped over."
Again, more stuff happens here, and then, "This is said."

(Confusing enough, or do you need more clarification about what I'm trying to say?)

Blue Ghost
2010-06-24, 05:17 PM
Hmm, I will consider that. Thanks!

Blue Ghost
2010-06-28, 07:48 PM
An Unexpected Visit

Reports had reached me of the Dark Lordís forces mobilizing. The battle lines were drawn, and the war had begun. I took up my staff and prepared to meet my longtime foe on the battlefield once again.

Going so soon?

I turned, startled. There before me stood an eldritch being, a vaguely humanoid form composed of raw arcane energy. It was a presence that was all too familiar to me. Randomizer. I clenched my staff tightly. What do you want from me?

No need to get testy. I come in peace.

Peace? I stared at the Randomizer. Images flashed through my head, of villages set ablaze in a mad fit of rage, of meaningless carnage and destruction, of the time that he forced me into a duel to the death. Peace and the Randomizer did not exactly go together.

Ever the suspicious one, eh, Blue Ghost? The Randomizer laughed, a crackling of arcane energy. I thought you would welcome another helping hand in destroying the Dark Lord. You do wish to see D_Lord destroyed, do you not?

To destroy D_Lord is out of the question. He is much too powerful, as you well know.

That is not what I asked, Blue Ghost. Randomizer leaned in closer, his eyes glowing dangerously. I asked if you wished to see him destroyed. Do not lie to me, Blue Ghost. I know how much you long for your hated foeís destruction. He let the word ďdestructionĒ echo in the air with malicious glee.

I am making you an offer, Blue Ghost. I will not only fight alongside you in the war, but I will lend you some of my own power, power enough to destroy even the greatest elder being. The Dark Lord has been a thorn in my side too long, and I hunger for his destruction as much as you do. The Randomizer sneered. Of course, even if you refuse, I am not missing a good war for anything. But I cannot guarantee that we will be fighting on the same sideÖ So, will you accept my offer?

My mind reeled. Here was the Randomizer, perhaps the only being in the Playground whose power could match that of the Dark Lord. Here was a possible opportunity for me to be rid of D_Lord and his evil forever. All I had to do was reach out and accept the Randomizerís eldritch powerÖ

Very well. Let us put our differences behind us, and fight together against our common foe.

The eldritch being smiled. I knew you would see things my way.

I shook his hand. I felt a sharp tingle in my flesh, as an infusion of terrible magic began flowing through my veins. It was a strong, heady sensation that gave me confidence. I felt a spark of hatred kindled inside of me, hatred for D_Lord and all that he stood for.

Today, D_Lord shall be destroyed.

My staff in hand, I slipped through space-time to the battlefield. Soon the battle for the Playground would begin.

Sorry about the delay, as well as the slip in quality. This piece didn't come as naturally to me as the ones before. I'm still not sure where the developments here will be going.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-29, 12:20 AM
Joining up with Randomizer? Oh no!

Delays are alright, in my opinion. It just means you were busy.

(I see you took my suggestion! It looks better. But if that was the cause of the lack of flow, then you don't have to do it.)

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 04:00 AM
Blue and... the Randomiser? Working together?

Watch out, Blue... you're on a slippery slope, and the moral event horizons only half way down.

Saint Nil
2010-06-29, 07:41 AM
Bah, Blue is strong enough to resist being tempted by Randomizer. Though if he is more easily tempted by Randomizer than you, we might have problems.:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 07:46 AM
Anyone with a lower will save than me has ISSUES.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 11:20 AM
Blue and... the Randomiser? Working together?

Watch out, Blue... you're on a slippery slope, and the moral event horizons only half way down.

Yes, I realize that. As I hinted in my prologue, this war brought out the worst in me. The chapter was a reference to the Randomizer giving me the avatar that may have sparked D_Lord starting the war.
Now, I don't know where this will end up. Maybe I'll just forget about this whole affair with the Randomizer and it won't come up again. Or maybe it will.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 02:19 PM
(hugs and smiles at)
Now be happy!

Can I see said avatar...? (Worried)

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 02:45 PM
:smallsmile: Don't worry about me. I'm always happy. I just hope Viola will be all right...
So yes, the avatar. At the time, D_Lord's avatar depicted him attacking me with some sort of vile dark magic, so I requested an avatar showing me fighting back. And the Randomizer took my request.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/rainbowblast-1.png
The intrigue had already started in Kiss or Kill and the other SMBG threads, but after I put on that avatar, D_Lord made the war official.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 03:30 PM
Does it show how Neutral aligned I am that my response was 'Aww, I want to be invovled in a playground-wide war!'

Also, (Clings anyway cause I don't believe people when they claim to be okay)

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 03:47 PM
Another update. This will probably be the last one for a while, as I will be leaving on a trip (a quest, if you will) for a week. And the next chapter will be rather difficult for me to write.

Before the Battle

I arrived at the battlefield to the sight of a veritable horde of Playgrounders who had responded to my call and were ready to fight alongside me against D_Lord. A legion of black-cloaked Brethren warriors and mages stood in formation, behind Lord of Kobolds. My friend, Fred the Fighter, stood at the head of an army of Playgrounders of every race and class, eager to do battle. I felt a spirit of confidence on me, as I stepped forward to address the Playground.

Friends, allies, Playgrounders, we have gathered this day for a common purpose. We come to defend our country and home against the forces of darkness. We come from many different backgrounds, with many different dreams. Law and Chaos, Good and Evil, on this day join together to fight for a common cause.

Grim Ranger and Fred, who happened to be standing side by side, exchanged a tense glance.

We come to stand against the Dark Lord, who has attempted again and again to take over the Playground. Our enemy is not merely Evil: He is a threat to our very existence. He would have us all, subjugated and conformed to his vile will, or annihilated. Many of you have stood alongside me against D_Lord and his clones before, and you have seen the horrors that he would inflict upon the Playground.

The Randomizer was now hovering over the battlefield, listening with amusement to my every word. In the distance, we could see a mass of gray. D_Lordís army was approaching.

While the enemy would take away our freedom and our dreams, we will not bow. We will stand strong and let our diversity be our strength. We will not relinquish our freedom. We will fight! We will fight against the oppressor! We will fight for liberty! For hope! For the Playground!

The crowd took up the cheer, drawing their weapons in support. For the Playground!

Then D_Lord fell upon us.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 03:53 PM
This is setting up some super epic!

Aww, I'll miss you... good luck on your quest! Level up and don't go into negative hit points! I shall be irritated if I have to Res you.
(Casts epic level buff spell)
Eternal Hugs!

Eternal Hugs
Epic
Casting Time:Standard Action
Range:Touch

The target is filled with a warm, happy feeling of being loved. This gives them a moral bonus on all rolls equal to your caster level, or your charisma bonus, whichever is higher.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 03:57 PM
Ooh, thanks!

I am actually not at all looking forward to writing the battle scenes. If you take a look at the thread (in the OP), you can see why.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 04:02 PM
Yes, FFRPs can be rather... chaotic and uncontrolled.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-29, 04:08 PM
(It wasn't FFRPG. FFRPG, people give and take more because the whole point of FFRPG is to make as many people have as much fun as possible.
That was more of a "I super attack you!" "You missed! I counter!" "I stole your ammo!" "I dodged and kept my ammo!" thing. Some people were more concerened with winning rather than making a good story or letting both sides have fun.) [/standing up for FFRPG] I think the cause of that was because some people wanted to show that they were superpowerful and invincible and wanted to stand up against an ultimate evil to save the Playground, which forced D_Lord to have to come up with increasingly implausible excuses to make sure people could still have fun.

That's a pretty good start of the fight! I liked it. It's a good motivational speech.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 04:10 PM
(It wasn't FFRPG. FFRPG, people give and take more because the whole point of FFRPG is to make as many people have as much fun as possible.
That was more of a "I super attack you!" "You missed! I counter!" "I stole your ammo!" "I dodged and kept my ammo!" thing. Some people were more concerened with winning rather than making a good story or letting both sides have fun.) [/standing up for FFRPG] I think the cause of that was because some people wanted to show that they were superpowerful and invincible and wanted to stand up against an ultimate evil to save the Playground, which forced D_Lord to have to come up with increasingly implausible excuses to make sure people could still have fun.

That's a pretty good start of the fight! I liked it. It's a good motivational speech.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Which means that I'm going to have to write the fight scenes from scratch, while still somehow remaining faithful to the important events that happened.

ThePhantom
2010-06-29, 04:16 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Which means that I'm going to have to write the fight scenes from scratch, while still somehow remaining faithful to the important events that happened.

Which is why I am glad that you are a good enough writer to do that.

Have a cookie.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-29, 04:18 PM
Don't worry about writing it. Fighting scenes are fun to write! (At least, I think so.)
As you said, the hardest part will be trying to decide which parts were too over-the-top and had too much emotional investment in them, and which parts to keep.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 04:19 PM
Would you like to write the scene for me, Viola? :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 04:24 PM
(well reasoned argument)
I agree; it wasn't in the spirit of an FFRP. But, that was what it was. XD A godmode FFRP.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-29, 04:29 PM
The entire fighting scene, which lasted several pages? Probably not.
But, maybe, if I find time, a couple of the fighting scenes.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 04:31 PM
I was thinking of splitting it into several scenes, since the fighting was continuous.
And... I don't think that could be called FFRP. :smalleek:

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 04:40 PM
Technically, isn't an FFRP jus a roleplay without rules?

I'll help write if you want. I'm supposedly good at fight scenes.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 05:23 PM
Hmm... Very well, I give Viola and Lix permission to write the story, up to page 4 of the thread. But I want to write the parts about Recaiden and Viola myself.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-29, 07:10 PM
Eep responsibility.
Page four of the D-war thread?

Blue Ghost
2010-06-29, 07:16 PM
Well actually, just make it up. Use the thread as inspiration, since nothing really important happened in those pages anyway. Just fighting. :smalltongue:

Je dit Viola
2010-06-29, 08:20 PM
(Up to page four isn't that bad. It's not very long, either.)

So, yes, I'll be writing some battle scenes, and some not-battle-scenes, maybe. Since, ~page 4, I had a PM conversation with about 3 different people at once, an often confused who I was talking to.

So, I'll try to write at least one tonight.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-30, 10:08 AM
Right. (Nods) I'll try to get something done. DXD

Je dit Viola
2010-06-30, 09:52 PM
Well, this one would come just immediately before Blue's Before the Battle, and it draws inspiration from the first page and from my memory as well.

So, it's a little out of order in terms of all the stories, but it works just as well here.

Parallel Preparations

The dark castle was completely silent, save the sound of a single viola echoing throughout the halls. The song was dark and dreary, and Viola played it with skill.
The Dark Lord sighed as he lounged across his throne. "So what does this song do, again?"
Without making pause, the teenager answered. "It sounds good. I played it last year. You see, this next part is pretty difficult." She continued to play, the tempo increasing and the number of simultaneous notes skyrocketed.
The Dark Lord sighed again. How was he supposed to prepare for battle with the song distracting him?

Fred cleared his throat. He felt uncomfortable just being near his nemesis, and it got worse. He has to ally with him.
"You know, I hate this much as you do. Probably even moreso," said the hooded warrior, the Grim Ranger. "The instant this is over, I'm going to kill you. Or, maybe I should just kill you now."
Fred shook his head. "It would be a pleasure to get back to fighting you. But let's just focus on the task at hand. We've been charged with finding out what the Dark Lord is planning, and I intend on completing this mission."
Grim sighed. This once-fighter was sapping his darkness. It felt disgusting, like petting unicorns and butterflies.

The Brethren finished roll call. They found out that their numbers have swollen since their last meeting, with everyone in attendance save the Grim Ranger. "We have numbers on our side, and many powerful wizards as well," shouts the Kobold Lord to the room full of people. "We are still gathering more and more people every day!"
The room cheered.
"We will completely defeat the Dark Lord!"
They cheered again.
"We will rid The Playground of his evil, so that we may take control!"
A third cheer. This cheer was the loudest and most gleeful of them all.
Blue Ghost, in the the back of the room, sighed. He couldn't believe he was working with all these vile and unscrupulous individuals. But there was no choice - the forces of good just couldn't afford to not work with them.

In the grand hall of the Dark Lord, a light and airy song was being played. "Hey, do you think I have time to memorize this song?" the violist asked.
"What benefit would memorizing that song have?" asks the Dark Lord in an extremely bored voice.
She spent a couple minutes mulling the question over in her mind. Finally, she came to an adequate answer. "It's from Les Mis. It apparently makes flowers grow faster."
Once again, the Dark Lord sighed. This was going to be a long day.

In the back room of the Brethren's citadel, Blue Ghost and the Lord of Kobolds discussed their plans. After formulating an adequate strategy, they shook hands and were about to depart.
Seeing this moment as a chance to discuss his concerns, Blue Ghost spoke up. "With so many natural enemies working together, I fear there may be some conflicting motives."
The Kobold Lord nodded. "Those are valid concerns. I'll see what I can do to remove your fears."
"What do you think the chances of traitors are?"
"Don't worry, I'll come up a solution," ambiguously replied the Lord of Kobolds. "Remember, the entire alliance hinges on us two. If either of us show fear, there'll be more traitors than if we both appear confident."
Blue Ghost sighed, and looked out the window. "I just wish there was a better alternative."

The Dark Lord and several of his clones were studying some battle plans, as he finally found a few moments of silence. That girl had left the room.
As he was formulating a new strategy, the door opened.
"Hey, do you think this skirt, or this one looks better on me?" Viola held up two different skirts, one pink and one green.
Without even pausing to look at them, the elder evil answers. "The green one. It matches your eyes better." Before she had a chance to protest that her eyes changed colors depending on her mood, he shooed her away.
He sighed. Why am I even bothering to keep her alive? he wondered.

Moff Chumley, a man known for hedging his bets by joining every side, walked up to the Dark Lord.
"How did you get in here?" demanded D_Lord.
Moff shrugged. "I don't know. Is the fight started yet? I heard there was one."
"Please get out."
Moff raised his eyebrow. "I've rarely heard you say please before. But, if you so insist...I might as well just have fun!" As D_Lord tried to grab Moff, Moff danced out of the way. He ran around and around the castle, up stairs, through the dungeon, and being a general annoyance.
The Dark Lord sighed, and waited until Moff's run around the castle brought him back to the starting room. The second Moff entered, D_Lord grabbed him, and threw him out the window. "Time for you to go."

Fred and Grim split up; Fred went scouting around the Dark Lord's castle, to try to gain some information or find some weaknesses. Unfortunately, he couldn't find a way across the moat. Other than that, everything went as expected.
That is, until he heard the humming of a young woman off to the left. Wondering what sort of woman would be found in a dark place such as this, he followed his ears, until he came across the woman in a small bed of flowers. It was a stark contrast to the desolation everywhere else. "It's dangerous here, you know. I would advise getting away as quickly as possible; the owner of this castle doesn't take kindly to trespassers. In fact, there's going to be a war around here soon."
Viola stopped humming, and looked up. Fred noticed some of the flowers were decorating her red hair. "Oh, no, I'm not a trespasser. I'm a guest. I'll be in the war, I think."
Fred appraised her. "You know, a war isn't much of a place for an unarmed woman. How about you come with me, and we can keep you safe throughout the war?" She didn't look like a warrior type, nor did she have that particular arcane scent about her.
"I can't." Viola shook her head. "D_Lord's my only friend right now. I have to stay."
Fred sighed, and walked away from the forsaken castle. "Godspeed. Try not to die."

Blue Ghost was alone, thinking to himself.
How was this to work? How many would die? How many traitors would there be? How many people would lose their confidence in good? How many will fall to evil? How villainous will both sides stoop to? Would The Playground even survive, let alone remain unscathed?
He sighed.
War was never pretty.

D_Lord and Viola were back in the same room. "With so many clones, how can you tell which one of you is the real one?" asked the young woman.
Without even thinking, the Dark Lord responded. "I am, because I say so." Even though the logic wasn't very sound, it made some sense.
"But why - "
He interrupted her, because so many questions would keep him from sufficiently distracted. "Out the hall, in the third door to the left, there's a kitchen. In the oven, the cookies are almost done. Could you go get them? Take as many as you would like." He reasoned the enchanted cookies would keep her out of his way for half an hour.
Viola's eyes lit up. "Really? Thank you!"
Just before she hugged him again, the Dark Lord raised a finger, as if saying 'stop'. "Not now, I'm busy."
The musician sighed. "Later, promise?" She pouted, and her eyes swelled up with tears until he finally agreed.

All the warriors of The Playground were gathered together, not far from the Dark Lord's base. Morale was dropping because the Dark Lord hasn't shown yet, and the air was tense between rivals.
Blue Ghost looked over allies, enemies, and strangers, all working together and waiting.
Today was the day the Dark Lord would attack.

So it's not a battle scene. Sorry. I'll try harder next time.
*sigh*

Lix Lorn
2010-07-01, 08:42 AM
You're good at this. XD

Je dit Viola
2010-07-03, 02:54 AM
*has a next one planned out, but not completely written*

I should post it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay! Sorry, was unable to complete it in time, due to injuries. I'll figure out something.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-06, 11:26 AM
:smallbiggrin: *squee* That is beautiful! Beautiful! Jeudi, I love--

... Jeudi... :smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-07-06, 01:02 PM
(Pity glomphuggle)

D_Lord
2010-07-10, 04:29 PM
I miss her too. I want my minions back!

D_Lord
2010-07-25, 03:11 PM
Lix Lorn have you forgotten. Is anyone still working on this. Double post to get people's remenbering.

\/ Thank you.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-25, 03:12 PM
Sorry guys, I've been sort of busy with a side project and suffering from writer's block. I've been considering cutting off this project, but for Viola's sake, I will finish it. Expect the next update sometime in the next week.

Silverraptor
2010-07-25, 04:54 PM
If you need help writing a big fight scene Blue, I offer my help. (Or help when I can get on next)

Lix Lorn
2010-07-26, 08:57 AM
I'm still here, but I'm lazy drowning in things to do. And lazy.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-28, 11:31 PM
Apologies to Jeudi for losing the PM you sent me. (How could I have been so careless? :smallsigh:)
But thank you for the ideas you provided.

The Rage of War

The gray sea of clones flooded over the barren battlefield, rending the peaceful air with cries of battle. There were more of them than I had imagined possible. I raised my voice to rally the Playground, but to no avail. They were already caught in the chaos.

Grim Ranger was surrounded by a horde of clones. His sword worked tirelessly, hacking and slashing at the gray ones. One by one, they fell to his sword, but still they kept on coming. Tirelessly, he fought his way through the horde, seeking the Dark Lord.

The Randomizer hovered in the air, cackling gleefully as he launched wave after wave of arcane fire at the gray hordes. Multitudes of clones fell to his arcane might, as did many who were fighting against the clones, but the being of destruction paid them no heed as he continued to wreak his carnage.

Lord of Kobolds had erected a force shelter with his magic in the middle of the battlefield, and some Brethren archers and mages took cover behind his wall of force, sniping at the clones around them.

I scanned the battlefield at my vantage point in the air, shielded by a prismatic sphere. The battle was hopeless, I knew. Our warriors were holding their own for the moment, but for how long? We were hopelessly outnumbered and without a proper plan. I prepared to launch the signal for retreat, when I spotted D_Lord among the gray clones. Standing beside him was a young girl, playing away on her viola.
Viola? What was she doing here? Overtaken by curiosity, I left the safety of my prismatic sphere and flew down, spells at the ready.
D_Lord was waiting for me. I found myself paralyzed, and falling out of the air to land at his feet.
The day has finally come, boy. You shall oppose me no more.
I lay helpless as the Dark Lord laid his hands on me and began to drain my energy. Viola still stood beside him, staring defiantly at me, not for a moment breaking from her song. This was it, we had lostÖ
There was a blinding flash of light, and I heard D_Lord groan and curse. I felt the spell being broken from me, and I staggered to my feet. A young man was throwing star-shaped bolts of light at D_Lord, and the elder evil was driven back with every hit. I took a moment to regain my focus before firing off a spell of my own, a blast of multicolored light that drove the weakened Dark Lord to his knees.
The young man prepared to finish the Dark Lord with another spellÖ
But the Dark Lord had vanished, as had Viola.

They reappeared in the midst of a group of clones, some distance away from the fighting. D_Lord surrounded himself with fell energy, healing his wounds. You stay here, Viola. You will be a hindrance in the fighting.
Viola curled her lip in protest. I will not! I can sing, and dance, and play the violaÖ
But D_Lord had already vanished again.

He reappeared elsewhere on the battlefield, not far from where Grim Ranger was fighting. The grim-faced warrior saw the Dark Lord appearing, and smiled. D_Lord. Long have I waited for this day, when I could cross swords with you. En garde! He raised his sword and charged.
With merely a thought, D_Lord knocked him prone. You, a common fighter, would presume to take down the King of the Gray alone? I will not waste my time on you. The Dark Lord disappeared again.
A dozen clones were charging toward Grim, and he knew that he could not rise to his feet in time to defend himself.

I turned to regard the mysterious young man before me. Thank you, sir. You saved my life back thereÖ
My name is Recaiden. The youthís eyes did not soften. No time to rest now, letís find that hellspawn before he can spread his evil any further.

Fred the Fighter saw Grim Ranger going down, and the clones beginning to swarm upon him. He launched himself upon the clones like a thunderbolt, hacking and slicing. When all the clones in the immediate area were slain, he stooped to pull the fallen warrior to his feet.
You crazy fool, what were you thinking, trying to take on the Dark Lord alone?

The Randomizer was still demolishing wave after wave of the attackers with arcane fire, never seeming to tire, when the Dark Lord appeared before him.
Randomizer, my friend. Why are you doing this? You know that I have nothing but respect for you. I have ever been gracious to you, why have you turned against me?
A blast of arcane energy hit D_Lord square in the chest.
Because I do whatever the heck I feel like.

I had taken to the air again, and could see that our situation was desperate. There are too many of them. We have to retreat.
What, and let that vile scum win? Recaidenís eyes blazed with hatred.
We have no choice. We cannot win today. I will not allow all these brave soldiers to perish needlessly here.
Ignoring Recaidenís protests, I shot the signal for retreat into the sky.

Seeing the signal, Lord of Kobolds teleported away from the battle, back into the Brethren sanctuary. To me, Brethren! One by one, the members of the Brethren were transported away from the fighting to the kobold sorcererís side.

Fred and Grim Ranger stood back to back, fending off the endless clone army that surrounded them.
Grim, this is just a temporary truce until D_Lord is defeated.
Grim smiled. Not even.
Fred turned just in time to see Grim swinging his sword at him. He deflected the attack with his axe just in time, but was knocked back into the ranks of the clones, who fell upon him.
You treacherous snake!Ö
But Grim Ranger had vanished, called out of the battle by Lord of Koboldsís spell.

D_Lord and Randomizer dueled in the sky, their epic magics casting brilliant shadows over the battlefield.
Look at that. Your little troops are running away. They fear me!
They may fear you, but I do not.
The Randomizerís arcane fire fused with D_Lordís fell energy, creating a massive explosion in the air.

Fred cursed as he fought his way through the hordes of gray clones. Grim Ranger, you two-faced scoundrel, Iíll put my axe in your face if itís the last thing I do. He stumbled out of the battlefield and collapsed, drained and heavily wounded.

Recaiden and I saw Fred fall. I threw up a quick ward to keep the hordes at bay, while Recaiden laid hands on Fred, chanting an invocation to heal his wounds. The fighter rose to his feet and fell into the retreating ranks.

D_Lord saw the soldiers retreating from the battle, and was maddened to see how few casualties there were. He dearly wished he could annihilate them all with a hellball, but his foe was too strong, would not let him get away. The hordes, slowed by the wards cast by the Playgroundís wizards, were unable to pursue the retreating ranks.
Lost your prey, have you? the Randomizer taunted as he deflected another of D_Lordís attacks.
Of what significance is that? This battle is mine this day!
It is indeed. Congratulations, D_Lord. Enjoy the hundred square yards of the Playground youíve rightfully won! Hahahahahaha!
The Randomizer vanished, leaving the Dark Lord with his clone hordeóand a young violistóon the desolated battlefield.

ThePhantom
2010-07-29, 08:59 AM
*Claps*

excellent work of being order out of chaos.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-29, 04:55 PM
Woooooow. I really like your characterisation of the Randomizer.
(HE JUST NEEDS HUGS!)

ThePhantom
2010-07-29, 05:14 PM
Next chapter time.

One who Knows
Somewhere, in the skies above the land called the Playground, a blimp flies. Aboard it, a figure wearing a black robe sits at the controls, watching the clouds past by. Leaning back in the chair, framed by a white mask, blue and red eyes half close themselves.

Behind those eyes, thoughts race, running in circles. To stand against him, or to let him do what he does. While what he desired was destruction, I have already fought him, and to always oppose him is not what I do. But, then again, the people who would surely die if no could strike him with his weakness, which none of this people know.

Alone, left to his thought, The Phantom thinks, letting the world past by.

Just as you like it Blue.

ThePhantom
2010-08-05, 12:28 AM
Have I caused this thread to go dead?

Lix Lorn
2010-08-05, 09:42 AM
It's probably just that Blue's busy.

Blue Ghost
2010-08-05, 11:07 AM
I was actually waiting for some more responses. Are you guys still interested?

Lix Lorn
2010-08-05, 01:12 PM
Yeah, definitely!

D_Lord
2010-08-05, 05:43 PM
I'm still waiting, I even held off my attack for this.

\/ I will not wait forever to attack.

Blue Ghost
2010-08-05, 05:55 PM
I'm still waiting, I even held off my attack for this.

... Um... Okay... I will be finished soon. Yeah. Soon.

((There will be at least a few more chapters before the story is finished, and at the rate this is going, probably a couple of months. But then again, I'm not in a hurry for you to attempt to conquer the Playground again, so...))

Blue Ghost
2010-08-09, 08:21 PM
It appears that the thread has been taken down, which will make my task a slight bit more difficult. Nevertheless, here is another chapter.

Correspondence

I sat in my tower, poring over my charts and spellbooks. There was much to do after the events of the day: battle plans to lay, spells to research, secrets to uncover. The Dark Lord had won one victory, and I was not planning to give him another.

But as I tried to concentrate on the necessary studies and preparations, another image persisted in my mind: Viola standing by the side of D_Lord. I tried to push the image aside, but Violaís defiant gaze haunted me, would not give me rest.

I did not know Viola very well, but I knew that she did not belong with D_Lord. Something inside me told me to write to her, to try to persuade her to turn back.

This was madness, I knew. I knew absolutely nothing about her situation; in fact, I could not remember ever speaking to her before. There was important work to do, and there was little practical good that converting a single renegade could accomplish for the cause.

In spite of the protests of my rational mind, I took up the pen and began writing, as if by dictation.

Dear Viola,

I deeply regret that the present circumstances do not allow us to meet face to face. There is much about which I wish to speak with you that cannot be conveyed through a letter. I can only hope that we will be able to meet in better days.

Viola, I do not know why you have chosen to serve the Dark Lord. What do you hope to gain by turning yourself against the Playground that we all love? Do you think that D_Lord will remember you when he has achieved his goal of subjugating the Playground? Will he not toss you aside like a rag doll once you are no longer useful to his goals?

You do not belong with D_Lord. You belong with the Playground. We have need for your song and cheer in these dark days. Please, Viola, I beg you to reconsider your decision.

With love,
Blue Ghost

Lix Lorn
2010-08-12, 01:04 PM
Ooooh.... sweet. I'd say very IC, but... if you WEREN'T IC as yourself, that would be bad. XD

Blue Ghost
2010-08-19, 08:05 PM
Lack of discussion is slightly disappointing, but as long as I have one loyal reader, I will continue. I still have one loyal reader, don't I?

Midnight Rendezvous

All was silent except for the soft rippling of the ocean waves, bathed in the pale glow of moonlight. A figure could be seen moving along the beach, a young girl awkwardly wielding a sword.

Viola resented how D_Lord had cast her aside once the fighting had begun, but she knew that there was little she could do in a combat situation. In the midst of the raging war, she felt like a second wheel on a unicycle. So she had picked out a longsword from the Dark Lordís armory, and begun to practice in solitude.

Allegretto, mezzo piano, this wasnít as hard as she thought it would be. Crescendo, accelerando, she was starting to get the hang of this. Rallentando, da capoó

CLANG.

Her last stroke crashed on metal, sending a shooting pain through her arm. Standing before her was a young man wielding a heavy mace, his eyes cold and steely.

Itís rather late to be out alone, Viola, especially with a war on.

Viola broke into a grin. Recaiden! Itís been such a long time! Wható She barely had time to duck when the youth swung at her with his mace.

She quickly swung herself into a defensive stance. Recaiden? Whatís the matter with you?

Donít look at me like that. You betrayed me first. Recaiden came at her again, fast and hard. No one who sells out to the enemies of the Playground is a friend of mine!

Viola dodged to the side. But D_Lord is myó She sidestepped another blow. Iím sure we can talk this overó Another swing forced her to jump back, the sea brushing against her heel. If weíre going to duel to the death, canít you at least wait until Iím ready?

Seeing that her adversary wasnít about to let up, Viola took the offensive. Vivace, sforzando, she feinted and lunged. Her aggressiveness took Recaiden by surprise. Touchť! Recaiden staggered back, his free hand clasped on his shoulder.

Viola resumed her defensive stance. Okay, Recaiden, now will you talk reasonably?

Recaidenís shot Viola a murderous glare. He pronounced an invocation to the heavens, and a searing beam of light fell from the sky, striking Viola head-on and setting her clothes on fire. The girl did not have time to protest how unfair this was, and dove into the water to douse the flames.

Fortunately, Viola was a good swimmer. As she treaded water, her anger against Recaiden began to boil. What right did he have to try and kill her, simply because of the company she kept? Why did everyone care so much, anyway? She glanced back at Recaiden, who was still standing on the shore, preparing another incantationÖ

Suddenly, the water erupted in a burst of light. A colossal creature, all slime and tentacles, rose out of the depthsÖ or did it fall from the sky? Viola did not have time to contemplate this before the monster grabbed her ankle and began to pull her under. She looked to Recaiden, but the youthís cold gaze showed no mercy. Viola struggled wildly to break free of the creatureís grasp, but it was too strong. She felt herself going under, and all went black.

When Viola awoke, she was back in her own bed in D_Lordís fortress. She tried to rise, but D_Lord, who was standing over her, pushed her back down. He administered some warm and sweet drink to her, which she accepted gratefully.

The dark being spoke, his eerie, piercing voice unusually soft. Lie still. Your strength is not recovered yet. You are one lucky lass. If I had arrived one minute later, that cleric and his octopus would have finished you off. Who was that guy anyway?

Viola hesitated. Everything was coming back to her: the duel on the beach, Recaidenís cold, piercing eyes, his voice echoing in her mind: No one who sells out to the enemies of the Playground is a friend of mine!

Oh, just a friend of mine. He was mad at me for something or other.

D_Lord chuckled. Some friend you have there, girl. Took a good chunk of my power to get him off your back. Clerics of light are so bothersome, and he was even stronger than the typical.

Viola frowned. If it was so bothersome for you, why did you go to all that trouble to rescue me? I canít even do anything for you in the war effort.

The elder evil stumbled slightly at this inquiry. Well, you are the only one who has ever served me willingly. It wouldnít be good forÖ morale if I let you be killed. Would kill my chances at getting more loyal minions. You understand, do you not?

A slight mischievous smile of triumph played around Violaís lips. Yes, D_Lord. I understand.

D_Lord
2010-08-19, 09:28 PM
Yes you do, but I'm still ploting your downfall. Also Via will live

ThePhantom
2010-08-19, 11:46 PM
You have me too. I watched the D Wars when they were going on, and I watch this too.

Lix Lorn
2010-08-20, 08:58 AM
I'm still here! And I'm loyal!

Blue Ghost
2010-08-20, 07:08 PM
I was hoping to get some more comments on this chapter... :smallfrown:

ThePhantom
2010-08-20, 07:12 PM
Oh, well I think it was well written, and it intro's a major character into the story.

At least I think Recaiden is a major character.

D_Lord
2010-08-20, 07:14 PM
I like it because it helps show that if you work with me. I'll not backstap you. And it was fun to remenber all this.

Also not much longer until the attack.

Lix Lorn
2010-08-20, 08:01 PM
Also not much longer until the attack.
You realise, that only alerts us, and allows us to prepare.

Of course, if the Big Bad says it, then it gives you time to fear and worry and argue with your allies and...
Okay, your tactics are sound.

D_Lord
2010-09-07, 06:16 PM
Blue are you still working with on this even with most schools going?

Blue Ghost
2010-10-03, 11:16 PM
I was going to abandon this project, since its purpose has mostly already been served. But since D_Lord seems still to be in support of it, I'll try to continue. There may be a few more meaningful things to say.

Blue Ghost
2010-10-07, 11:03 PM
Correspondence Part 2

Dear Blue,

Hi! How are you? Pleasant weather we've been having lately, isn't it?

Thanks for writing. I really appreciate it. Not many people think to write to me, you know? Most of them prefer to speak face to face...

I appreciate your concern, but I'm happy where I am. You shouldn't judge D_Lord too rashly. I mean, I know he's the embodiment of evil and all, but he's actually a pretty nice guy when you get to know him. He bakes the most wonderful cookies for me, don't you know? He reached out to me when I was down. No one on the other side has done that.

I don't like this stupid war any more than you do, and I hope it will be over soon. But is it really so black and white as you think? There's good and evil on both sides here. I mean, you ally yourself with the Randomizer, those weird Brethren people, and... [The next few words are blacked out and illegible.] When you look at it, there are more bad guys on your side than mine, right?

Anyway, thanks again. I hope to see you soon.

JD Viola
:smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 09:48 AM
Ooh... poor, naive Viola...

Blue Ghost
2010-10-09, 10:20 PM
Here's a poem I wrote, a bit of a meditation. It does relate to the story, though the application is broader than that.

(Untitled)

To share my joy with all the world is my heartís foremost desire,
To help to raise this fallen earth to the heavínly realms above;
And with my every word and step the souls of men inspire,
To free from evilís tyrant grasp the hearts of those I love.

But how must I go about to do the good I seek?
I am but a sinful soul with weak and halting tongue.
My spirit may be willing, but my flesh is oh so weak;
Thereís still so much that I donít know, for I am still so young.

Do I really have what it takes the path of light to show?
Can I be a worthy guide if I myself donít know the way?
How can I offer hope to one whose heart I do not know?
What must I do to find the truth amid these shades of gray?

How can a foolish mortal hope the grasp of sin to break?
How can I take up arms against the darkness thatís inside?
Or is this burden one that I was not meant to take?
Is my desire to be a hero naught but selfish pride?

Time and again Iíve sung this song, seeking the truth and good,
Though the quest is long and hard, and the path is far from clear.
Still I try to show my love in whatever way I could,
Walking the road step by step, with hope and without fear.

D_Lord
2010-10-13, 04:22 PM
Very Nice Blue. Very Nice.