PDA

View Full Version : Very Odd Sandbox IC

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 08:29 PM
You're entering a city by the name of Westhaven, after getting paid for your latest job and deciding to move on. The guards hardly glance at you as you move into the city with the rest of the crowds. You find yourself in a crowded town square.

No murdering in public.

You start with 200 GP in your party coffers due to pay from your recent job.

Kaez
2010-06-23, 08:52 PM
"Well, it's good to be in a form of civilization again, even if it's as hectic as ever. I suppose the first order of business would find a place to stay while we're here of course. Worse comes to worse I'm sure I can see if there is any followers of Pelor here, as I would be able to stay with them for a short time"

*Karnasis looks around to see if there is any sign of an inn or a clear path out of the town square through the crowd*

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 08:56 PM
There are several inns nearby, and also several paths out of the square.

Kaez
2010-06-23, 09:17 PM
"Actually, I'm going to go explore, maybe see if there are actually any Followers here, just in case we need a place to stay for a night or two and can't afford to pay an innkeeper for the lot of us"

Thinking to himself: Why did I say that? Of course we should be able to afford a room or multiple rooms for at least one night. Well I won't give them a chance to call it on me

"Let me know if you get us a place to stay!" he calls out as he begins walking down one of the open paths out of the square

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 09:19 PM
You are quickly able to find a major church of Pelor nearby.

mrcarter11
2010-06-23, 09:28 PM
I look around.. Wondering when the next job will come

Kaez
2010-06-23, 09:31 PM
*Karnasis stares in awe of the church, the one he came from was large, but not this large. Curious, he stumbles forward a bit before coming to his senses and walks up towards the main door, searching for any follower to ask them a simple, possibly redundant questions in their eyes, but important questions to him*

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 09:35 PM
You find one cleric that is willing to talk to you. He is a rather old human. mid 70s maybe.

Kaez
2010-06-23, 09:44 PM
"Hello sir, may I ask you a few questions today? I'm new in town and I'm very impressed by the size of the Church you have here. But that's not specifically why I'm here. I was actually curious about why it's so busy and if possible, there was anything I can do to help."

*Stopping for a second he realized that he didn't even make a formal introduction, nor did he let the man speak before asking his questions, which he felt a little embarrassed as he now felt very childish*

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 09:57 PM
You kids these days don't know a thing. This church used to be a one room ordeal when I first started working here. And you haven't even seen it on holidays if you think this is busy!

He starts to walk away and collapses. No one else seems concerned.

Siriq
2010-06-23, 09:59 PM
Ajjari

Ajjari walks through the town and finds the closest tavern. As he walks in the door he scans room for any threats. Then takes a seat at the bar and orders some wine.

for threats
Spot
[roll0]
search
[roll1]

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 10:02 PM
Ajjari: You see no threats other than a couple of people glancing at you as you walk in. A half-orc woman is serving at the bar.

Kaez
2010-06-23, 10:04 PM
*Karnasis rushes over to the collapsed cleric*

"Are you ok? Here, let me help you up"

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 10:07 PM
The man is clearly unconscious.

Kaez
2010-06-23, 10:16 PM
*Quickly, he tries placing his hands on the cleric and casts a cure spell on the man to see if it would help him at all, hoping that either it'll help him, or it'll bring some attention from others from the order to come and help*

Cure Light Wounds
[roll0]

Siriq
2010-06-23, 10:17 PM
Ajjari

Ajjari smiles when he receives his drink and takes a long drink. Wondering what is going on in the city he concentrates on listening to the crowd. He is listening for any rumors.

listen
[roll0]

mrcarter11
2010-06-23, 10:20 PM
After walking for a bit, I go looking for Ajjari. Finding him in the tavern, I walk up to the next stool and order a drink.

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 10:22 PM
Kaez:
Another cleric walks over to you, this one significantly younger, as you are about to cast your spell.
Don't bother. That's brother Frederick. He claims he sees random visions from the great Pelor. So far we haven't seen anything t oconfirm them. Here, I'll help you take him to his room. The name is Roger, by the way.

Roger lifts Frederick onto his shoulders.

Siriq:
I'll get back to you on what you hear.

Carter:
The same half-orc woman delivers your drink.

Siriq
2010-06-23, 10:32 PM
ajjari

ajjari nods to ziel when he sits down. Thinking about recent events, and the group of people they have been traveling with he strikes up a conversation. "Every time we get into town the first thing i want to do is drink and get away from these do gooders. I mean I have my morals but damn." He then takes another long drink.

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 10:53 PM
Siriq:

You hear two men talking.
Did you hear about that drought over in Mordin?
Ya, man, it happened just as the three lakes over there dried up all at the same time! You think some sort of foul play was involved?
Ya, probably that bugbear Relgore.
Ya, a bit upset about his latest loss.
The town would probably pay a lot if some one could fix the drought.

Kaez
2010-06-23, 11:01 PM
"Karnasis, thanks for the help Roger. I've never seen anyone just collapse, well not without an injury that is. Hey could you explain to me why it's so busy today? I mean I've come from a fairly large church but nothing this big, and it was never this busy"

*he begins helping Roger carry Frederick to where his room, hoping to get a couple answers and to see if he can lend a hand, since they seem to be a man down now*

tiny tim
2010-06-23, 11:07 PM
Kaez:

Oh, it's only busy because this place is so big. We are the main church in the city, after all. If you want I could ask around about some work for you though, if you're new to town.

mrcarter11
2010-06-23, 11:30 PM
"I know what you mean, but at least they can handle themselves in a fight. And all things aside, we make a dam good team. In any case, when you think the next job will be?"

VinGoodman
2010-06-24, 12:12 AM
As soon as the group heads to town, it appears to scatter. Again. Hmm, how are we going to find each other now? Feredir thought to himself as he follows Karnasis to the church. He watches with amusement the antics with the elder priest, and wonders if Karnasis will get like that in his old age as well. "We are always looking for work in the cause of the good!" Feredir pipes up. "If there's anyone causing problems for the town, we're the group for you! Karn and his merry men we are." Well, not all of them are merry. Not always, anyways. But, he lets that slide for now. Feredir also notes he failed to introduce himself earlier, and wonders if he missed the opportunity for introductions.

Rannil
2010-06-24, 01:15 AM
While wondering what to do the entire group around Hashama. He stared to the evil aura moving away from him, Ziel, and thinks that everything be alright, for now. Hashama decided to explore the town for now and walks into the random direction.
While moving through the crowd he shouts. "Very important person coming through, out of way."

Bluff check: [roll0]

tiny tim
2010-06-24, 01:29 AM
For the most part the crowd parts like the minnows they are craning their necks looking for who the important person is.

Rannil
2010-06-24, 01:36 AM
"Seriously citizens, clear the way!"
Hashama didn't feel like wrestling the crowd and he looked around to see if there was any non crowded spot close by where he could get to to avoid the crowd.

Spot: [roll0]

[edit: ooc: back, at school]

VinGoodman
2010-06-24, 04:59 AM
As they helped Frederick back to his room, Feredir's curiousity got the better of him. "What kind of visions does Frederick claim he see?" As he waits for Roger's response, Feredir takes a moment to look about the room to get a sense of what Frederick is like.

Devmaar
2010-06-24, 05:27 AM
Jeremiah heads to the Red Halfling and looks around for a rumour of something he could do.

Gather Information: [roll0]

Kaez
2010-06-24, 09:32 AM
"Thank you Roger, that would be great, I'd like to help out anyway I can. I'm curious though, what kind of visions does Fredrick get that he claims are from Pelor, and why isn't there any proof to his claim?"

Thinking to himself: If that it is indeed true that he receives visions from our god, that he would be a direct connection to Pelor, which would make him a very important person, well, as far as I can tell it would.

Siriq
2010-06-24, 11:15 AM
Ajjari

"Yeah, things seem to be working out." Ajjari takes another long drink from his wine "I think we might have some luck finding a job if we look into a bugbear called Relgore. Something involving water going away in near by lakes. Why don't we try to gather some information, and then approach the rest of the group when we need to. "

mrcarter11
2010-06-24, 11:33 AM
"Well that sounds like a fun job, shall we head out to let the group know. I would like to get back into a job as soon as I can."

Siriq
2010-06-24, 11:44 AM
Ajjari

pondering for a second on the different course of actions. He thinks to himself that Hashama may be able to find the most information from the officials. "Sure, i will talk to Hashama, and you can talk to the others." Ajjari looks down at his wine for a moment. "After i finish my drink."

Guardsman
2010-06-24, 12:56 PM
Charim of the Desert took his time during his travel upon his steed to the town of [insert name here], finding himself to be very cautious of this green world. So much to see and so many dangers, who knew that elves would want to kill you over fire wood? Other then strange occurrences and the like he decided to get himself a drink and a bed.

Dismounting from his horse he took the reins and looked for a stable and with that done he'd remove the chain aventail concealing the lower portion of his face. No need to have protection for face blows in a place of peace right? With that off he went in search of food, drink, and comfort.

tiny tim
2010-06-24, 01:14 PM
Everyone looking for jobs: You find out that a local noble is offering a large sum of cash for the return of a magical item. You also get directions to his house.

Kaez: The room is lightly furnished with a bed against one wall and a chair in an opposing corner. There is a large wooden chest against one wall and a wardrobe against another.

Well he claims he sees a bright light and a voice, what it tells him varies every time though, and it usually doesn't make any sense.

Guardsmen:
Stable fees are 1 gp.

Siriq
2010-06-24, 01:33 PM
Ajjari

Ajjari downs the last of his wine. *Sigh* i have to go deal with the paladin. He then stands up takes another quick look around and heads out the door in search of Hashama.

mrcarter11
2010-06-24, 01:35 PM
I follow him out, hoping someone will pick a fight.

Kaez
2010-06-24, 01:56 PM
"What did he tell you recently that didn't make any sense? That is if you don't mind telling me."

*Immediately he urges Roger to help him move Fredrick over to the bed and lay him down*

Guardsman
2010-06-24, 03:12 PM
Charim pays the fee without complaint and tells them to feed his mare for him. With that out of the way he politely says goodbye and makes his way to whatever place there is to rest his feet and have a drink. They called it a Tavern he remembered, a place for people to relax and get very drunk. So off to a tavern to rest and drink he went!

Devmaar
2010-06-24, 05:13 PM
Jeremiah makes his way to the noble's house.

He thinks, Maybe I should talk to the others first, but I think I have a better chance of negotiating successfully without the... less diplomatic members of our group to get in the way.

tiny tim
2010-06-24, 06:59 PM
Siriq: You find Mr. Paladin sitting on a park bench, relaxing.

Carter: A man bumps into you very rudely

Kaez:He helps you put him on a bed.
Well, he said that he was being called to walk to the top of the bell tower and stand there until the fifth ringing of the bell and taht then a mystery would be unraveled. Nothing happened when he tried it.

Devmaar: You are received by a butler and taken to a waiting room.
My master shall be with you shortly.
And he departs.

Siriq
2010-06-24, 07:11 PM
Ajjari

Ajjari walks up to Hashama and joins him on the bench. "I was enjoying some wine in a tavern not too long ago, and i over heard some interesting information. It seems that a nearby town has a drought and the near by lakes are drying up. The rumor is that a bugbear is responsible. His name is Relgore, and it sounds like there is a good bit of honor involved if the problem was solved."

Kaez
2010-06-24, 07:13 PM
"Did he mention specifically what day this would happen? I mean it could be that he's supposed to wait 10 years down the road, or he missed it already. I may investigate his visions at a later time, as I'm still curious, but I feel we should let him rest and go help our Brethren with the tasks at hand"

*He starts walking out of the room, stopping outside the door waiting for Roger to come out as well, as they can discuss what needs to be done*

Devmaar
2010-06-24, 08:13 PM
Jeremiah sits and waits patiently for his host.

VinGoodman
2010-06-24, 08:38 PM
As they wait for Roger, Feredir turns to Karnasis. "Do you find Frederick's supposed behavior strange? I wonder what the cause of his vision is." He scratches behind his prominent left elven ear as he ponders on this. "In all my life, I have not met many who had the gift of true vision. I hope he does not dispoint."

With that, he falls to silence, and waits patiently alongside Karnasis for Roger.

Kaez
2010-06-24, 09:06 PM
*He nearly jumps out of his armor and 10 feet higher when Feredir speaks to him. He looks over to Feredir*

"Where in the world did you come from Feredir, sneaking up on me like that? How long have you been behind me, and you couldn't even say anything? You know I don't have a life span as long as you, and I think you knocked 5 years off my life."

*Calming down, he shakes his head a bit, before looking back at Fredrick*

"Sorry about that, you just surprised me. Anyway I find it strange, but then Pelor could really be sending visions to Fredrick, he is a god after all. But for why? Only Pelor can answer that. And I never heard of visions from Pelor prior to this, so who knows."

Rannil
2010-06-25, 02:12 AM
Hashama nods to Ajjari. "Greetings, you found action already. That's good because I think I am lost in this crowd here and that's boring Duck." Hashama points to his horse, who now is wandering near the bench (and before that was simply stalking the paladin). "So we are ready when you are."

mrcarter11
2010-06-25, 07:17 AM
I look at the man that bumped into me with disgust. "If you know what's good for you, you will run and run fast."

Siriq
2010-06-25, 09:52 AM
Ajjari

Ajjari looks over at the horse, and gives a brief smile. "It may be useful if you talked to the authorities and try and get some information on Relgore. They may have some good information, and would be more forth coming with a paladin than a rogue type of a guy like me. I am going to try and gather some more information." Ajjari stands up and takes a drink of water. "Farewell."

Ajjari walks off and heads off to the twisted vampire.

Rannil
2010-06-25, 11:07 AM
"Bye bye!" Said and waved to the leaving Ajjari. Hashama thinks for and moments and then looks to his horse. "Finding information isn't hard, but I got lost here, this time I follow you Duck!" He says to his horse. The horse just stares blankly back. "Okay, talking to a horse doesn't work either." Hashama says thinking aloud. He looks around, grabs the reigns of his horse and walks towards the nearest person that doesn't look busy. "Greetings Citizen, I am looking for the local authorities or information on Relgore."

tiny tim
2010-06-25, 06:14 PM
Paladin dude: You are able to find the local guard station fairly easily.

Devmaar: An important looking man walks out of double doors next to you and proceeds out the door. The butler comes out. My master will see you now.

Devmaar
2010-06-25, 06:17 PM
Jeremiah goes through the double doors and, upon entering the room, smiles and speaks,
Hello Sir, I heard there was something with which you required assistance?

VinGoodman
2010-06-25, 10:09 PM
Meanwhile, back at the temple...

Feredir chuckles at Karnasis' reaction. It's far from the first time he's managed to surprise Karnasis into such drama. For some irrational reason, it never gets old for Feredir.

"I guess it's between Frederick and Pelor, whether Pelor is truly sending him visions."

He looks about, and grows a bit restless from all the waiting and hanging out. "I wonder if the others have had any luck finding a job for us. Do you think Roger will be able to find something for us to do?" He wonders if perhaps one of them should go round up the group so they can swap notes and see where to go from here. "Do you want me to go look for the others and bring them back here?"

Kaez
2010-06-25, 11:18 PM
Looking around while we waits he study's his surroundings, feeling a calm over himself, a feeling of belonging, something he hasn't felt in sometime. Suddenly it ends when Feredir speaks, but he doesn't mind, he has plenty of time take it all in again.

"Hmm? Oh yes, I completely forgot the others. I feel a bit foolish, especially since I completely forgot what I initially came here for. I'm sure it wasn't too important anyway."

Thinking for a moment he responds to Feredir's questions

"Well Roger said he could get me something to do, but as I understood it, it would be something more of a Cleric duty or something to do with helping my Brothers. But at least if you brought them here we could see what the plan is, because as it stands, I have no plan."

Rannil
2010-06-26, 12:01 AM
"I thought it was further away." Hashama said thinking aloud again. He looks from his horse to the door of the guard station and decides to walk to one of the guards outside the building. "Helllo local guardsman. I am looking for information about one Relgore. Could you help or should I go inside?" Hashama also nods to his horse to imply going inside with a horse isn't possible.

Siriq
2010-06-26, 09:37 AM
Ajjari

Ajjair walks into the the twisted vampire and have a seat at the bar and orders a wine. After a little small talk with the bartender, Ajjari tries to gather some information about Relgore.

Gather info
[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-06-27, 12:17 AM
Feredir excuses himself, runs out the temple and heads over to each of the three taverns. As he finds each of the party members, he lets them know he and Karnasis can be found over at Pelor's temple. Before they have a chance to respond, he's off and running to the next tavern. Having found all the people he could, he heads back to the temple. Despite the rush, Feredir feels exhilarated to be doing something, even if it's just being the messenger elf.

ooc Anyone in the three taverns at some time could use this as a way to "get the message" if they like. I left it purposely open with regards to both who he found and what their responses were. This way, it's up to you all what you want to do.

tiny tim
2010-06-27, 11:05 PM
Paladin dude: " Relgore? Ya, I hear he's been up to trouble recently. Attacked a noble a couple weeks ago. His group has a cave up in the hills somewhere."

Ninja dude: Unfortunately The Twisted Vampire doesn't generally host the type of clientele that concerns themselves with outside matters. In fact, you think the guy sitting next to you at the bar IS a vampire. Better go find the paladin.

Cleric dude: Roger comes out of the room and apologizes for having to leave, but that he really must get back to his duties. He says that brother Mordren may be able to help you find lodging. Ask around for him.

Rannil
2010-06-27, 11:24 PM
"Thank you good sir." Hashama smiles and decides to go search for Ajjari. Because he has no idea where the ninja is, Hashama goes back to the bench and then tries to remember which direction Ajjari went. Then he goes the direction he think Ajjari went.
Horse just follows.

mrcarter11
2010-06-28, 01:20 AM
Just outside, looking around.. Wondering if I should kill someone

Kaez
2010-06-28, 10:24 AM
Karnasis wanders about exploring the church, in awe once again. Of course that leads him to bump into people as they pass by. Each time he does he apologizes and goes on walking about. Occasionally he asks about Mordren and see's if he can be guided in the right direction.

VinGoodman
2010-06-28, 11:04 AM
With the message relayed, Feredir returns to the church and follows Karnasis around.

Siriq
2010-06-28, 03:58 PM
Ajjari

After getting a bad vibe from the people around the bar, Ajjari quickly finishes his drink and leaves the twisted vampire. Kind of put a back, after realizing that he may have met his first vampire. Thinking about the implications he wanders around for a bit. Not wanting to cause any problems just yet with the city or parts of it, hes going to keep the info to himself for the time being. Clearing his mind he sets off to find the ziel and the rest of the party.

mrcarter11
2010-06-28, 10:55 PM
After wondering around for a short while and murdering some bloke off in the woods, I decide to see if the others have gone to the local church.

Rannil
2010-06-29, 04:28 AM
"Look Duck, that's a temple of Pelor!" The Paladin pats his horse and points to the church. The horse stares to the pointing vinger.. "I am pretty sure Ajjari came from this side, maybe he came from the temple." The horse neighs happily. "You want to go inside? Sure." The horse neighs again, sounding annoyed. "Yeah I know it's a church."

Hashama walks into the church, with horse.

VinGoodman
2010-06-29, 02:21 PM
Feredir greets each of Ajjari, Ziel and Hashama as they arrive and beckons them to join the duo. "How was the town? Any leads for work?" He looks quickly about to see if anyone else is joining them after Hashama arrived. "Say, where's Charim and Jeremiah? Have you seen either of them out and about?"

Siriq
2010-06-29, 02:34 PM
Ajjari

Ajjari smiles at Feredir.
"I heard a rumor that a bugbear named Relgore is causing problems. Something about lakes drying up and this bugbear being responsible. A town other than this one would be very happy if the problem was solved."

Rannil
2010-07-01, 01:59 PM
"Added information, Relgore lives in the hills in a cave. Useful information from the local city guards. Interesting town but easy to get lost in, haven't seen any of the others yet. Except Ajjari and you now. And Duck of course" He pats his horse and wanders a bit around, with horse, studying the inside of the cathedral.

Kaez
2010-07-01, 04:49 PM
"Hey now Hashama, I'm right here too, I don't deserve a hello?

*Thinks for a moment, noticing something is a bit off*

"Why is there a horse INSIDE the church?"

*Shaking his head, not really sure what to make of Hashama, before he looks over at the rest of the group*

"I hope the rest of you are sane... for my sake"

VinGoodman
2010-07-01, 05:22 PM
Feredir

"A bugbear, you say? I don't think I've ever met a bugbear I liked. Karnasis! What do you think? Should we pay the town a visit first to make sure we have the contract? Or should we go and take care of the bugbear before heading into town?"

tiny tim
2010-07-02, 12:29 AM
guy talking to Noble:

The noble shuffles some papers on a stack on his desk and motions for you to sit down.

So, I'm guessing you're here about the stolen item, yes? Well, it is called an eversoaking sponge. It was taken from me in a raid by a band of criminals led by a bugbear. They killed my coach driver and thought I was dead, but I lived yet! When I awoke, I made my way to the nearby church of Heironeuos and they formed a group to attack the raiders camp. Most of the raiders were killed, but their leader escaped with my item. If you can get the sponge back, I will pay you both for that and you may have any of the other valuables that they stole from me. Do we have a deal?

Devmaar
2010-07-02, 06:44 AM
Well, I will have to check with my companions but I'm fairly sure we will be able to take on this task. Jeremiah responds with a grin.

VinGoodman
2010-07-02, 10:48 AM
"Ajjari, do you know what town is particularly interested in the removal of this bugbear?" Feredir turns to Hashama, his elven ears twitching slightly as he does so. "That's good information. Should we go do some exploration then?"

OOC Come join us at the church Jeremiah! We're ready to go bugbear hunting!

Siriq
2010-07-02, 10:57 AM
Ajjari

Ajjari thinks for a moment, and then remembers that it was in a town called Mordin.
"I believe the town is called Mordin. I was going to gather more information but I asked people who did not care."

Rannil
2010-07-02, 12:06 PM
"Owh heya Karnasis, didn't see you when I came in. Heya. Heya everyone else." Hashama waves around to random priests, the party and people that pass by. "Sorry for Duck by the way." Hashama points to his horse. "He does carry all my stuff and I can't really leave him outside." He points to the packsaddle and the ladder on the horseback. "He would wander away, and don't worry, he is trained in not making a mess."
Hashama thinks for a moment and mumbles "Why did I bought a ladder again?"

He shakes his head. "As for the bugbear, isn't that a goblin kind? Hard buggers to convert to the good side. I wonder how is causing a drought, goblins don't strike me as massive water drinkers. Let's find out, to the exploration! Or wait, didn't we had more friends?"