PDA

View Full Version : AvB - Greycloak

Rizban
2010-06-24, 10:41 PM
Kelvik reads the signs.

12 of them are looking for bodyguards.

9 of them are looking for assassins.

Of the 9 which interest you, 3 are for petty nobles, 3 are for merchants, 2 are for religious groups, and 1 doesn't indicate who is doing the hiring.

RandomAction
2010-06-24, 11:26 PM
Kel'vek thinks to himself. He walks over to the closest door labeled Merchant. He takes a deep breathe and opens the door.

(OoC-If there is a choice between doors to be made, I'll take the middle one, LOL.)

Rizban
2010-06-25, 09:37 PM
Kel'vek opens the middle door. Inside sits a squatty little man. You first think him to be a dwarf, until you realize he is a human who merely suffers from dwarfism... so, he is a dwarf... just not a member of that race... anyway.

The not-exactly-a-dwarf looks at you through beady eyes and says, "So, you're looking to kill someone for money, eh?"

RandomAction
2010-06-25, 10:45 PM
Kel enters the room and studies the 'dwarf' for a minute. Smiling coldly, he closes the door behind him.

I've been known to kill people for less. So, who is the mark? Where will they be? What guards and/or defenses do they have? I need all the information you can give me. So start talking.....

Rizban
2010-06-25, 10:52 PM
"You walked into my room, which was clearly marked as looking for an assassin. Did you think I would not expect you to be one who kills for money? I fail to see your logic.

It's simple. There is a merchant named Edmund Gloeckner. He has minimal defenses, can be found on Seller's Row, and must be eliminated as quickly as possible. Consider this to be a test of your abilities. Complete this, and you will receive a more difficult job.

Now, go. You've wasted enough time."

RandomAction
2010-06-25, 11:13 PM
Where is this Seller's Row?

Narrowing his eyes, Kel turn to leave after getting the information. Pausing at the door, he looks over his shoulder and says before leaving,:
The reward had better be worth it.

Kel goes to find this Seller's Row and his target.

I will be on for at least another hour, if you wish we can keep this moving along.

Rizban
2010-06-25, 11:33 PM
"Seller's Row crosses Broad Chase, one of the two main thoroughfares through town. You can't miss it if you go out and look."

When you look back over your shoulder, the room is empty.

RandomAction
2010-06-25, 11:51 PM
Kel leaves the Maid to find his target. As he travels he thinks of ways to get the man alone, or at least somewhere out of the public eye.

Rizban
2010-06-25, 11:53 PM
Kel heads east on Broad Chase and eventually reaches Seller's Row. Looking north, he sees his target's shop about a block away.

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 12:01 AM
Smiling to himself, Kel walks over to the shop. He pauses at the door, reading the signs on display, trying his best to look like an interested shopper. After a few seconds, he enters the building. He pulls his coin pouch from his belt and gives it a little jingle. He hopes that this attracts the shopkeeper.

Rizban
2010-06-26, 12:20 AM
Gloeckner appears to be a maker of ropes, cord, and twine. He looks up from his work when you enter.

"Welcome, sir. What can I do for you today?"

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 12:28 AM
Replacing his pouch, Kel slowly walks over to the man. His eyes look over the goods displayed, using it as a cover to see if anyone else is in the room. During his search he looks around for any doors in the room.

Hello, good sir. As you can tell, I am in the adventuring trade and I am in need of some quality rope. I do have some fine silk made in my possession, but I am always on the look for a...better quality of workmanship. Please show me your best stock.

Rizban
2010-06-26, 12:38 AM
There is one door that presumably opens into a back room. There is no one else around.

"Well, I do have some quality silk ropes, though if you already have that... I'm not sure what else I can do for you.

I do have a length of magical rope spun from a composite of drider silk, silk from a fiendish monstrous spider, and fey spun moonbeams. It's virtually indestructible but exceedingly expensive."

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 12:42 AM
Ah, that sounds like what I am looking for. How much do you have? Can you get it for me so I may look at it?

At any time, he goes into the back room Kel will follow him.

Rizban
2010-06-26, 12:43 AM
"No, I can't. I keep it under lock and key and only open it for serious buyers. You produce the coin first, and I'll consider selling it to you."

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 12:46 AM
How much are you asking for it? Ah, nevermind, I have the gold go and get it.

Kel takes his pouch from his belt and gives it another jingle.

Rizban
2010-06-26, 12:59 AM
"It'll cost you 100 gold per foot, and I only sell it in 20 foot increments. It's very hard to obtain.

If you've got the 2,000 gold, then we'll do business. Otherwise, I'll gladly sell you a less expensive rope."

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 01:05 AM
Kel looks at the man and smiles. Reaching into his soul, Kel swiftly turns invisible. (Cloak of Deception manuever-swift) He moves close enough to strike the man, as he draws his glassteel greatsword. Murmuring a chant and making a quick gesture with his free hand, he quickly places both hands unto the weapon and channels a spell into his swing.
Attack:[roll0] +8 bonus+2 being invisible
Damage: [roll1] weapon +[roll2]shocking grasp spell +[roll3]Sneak Attack

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 01:07 AM
(OoC-That should have been +11 instead of +10. my mistake.)

Rizban
2010-06-26, 01:12 AM
The man staggers under the blow and looks to be heavily wounded. He stumbles to the door to the back room, forces it open, and staggers through.

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 01:18 AM
Kel follows him into the room. He takes his hand of his sword. With a word his gloves begin to glow fiercely(swift action). Mummbling another spell, he replaces his hand unto the blade and swings at him again.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] weapon +[roll2] spell

Did he just provoke an AoO with his movement?

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 01:26 AM
Crit check-
Damage:[roll1] weapon +[roll2]spell

Rizban
2010-06-26, 01:43 AM
Nope, his "stumbling" was effectively a (s)tumble check. He's heavily wounded, but the rules don't limit his abilities when injured. He's not down or out until he hits 0HP or lower.

You cut down Gloeckner.

As Gloeckner falls to the ground, a raven darts down from the rafters, transforms into a bear, and drops on top of you. It growls at you menacingly, and you would swear it sounds like he says, "Why did you do that?"

Roll a grapple check please. You're Flat-Footed and get no AoO, because you weren't expecting a bear to suddenly appear in the air above you and attempt to wrestle you to the ground.

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 01:49 AM
Ok then, a bear.
As an immediate action, I wish to use my Gift of the Spider Queen feat (GotSQ for short) - sacrificing a daily use of Dancing lights and Faerie Fire to gain [roll0] images of myself. - This ability functions like the spell Mirror Image.
Grapple check: [roll1]

Rizban
2010-06-26, 01:59 AM
The bear manages to land on the real you, overcomes your attempt to escape the grapple, and wrestles you to the ground.

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 02:00 AM
Kel yells at the bear.

Get the hells of me, what do you want?

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 02:11 AM
Ok, I am going to try and break the grapple.

Grapple check:[roll0]

Rizban
2010-06-26, 02:23 AM
"Just wondering why you attacked him. Got an interest in this turn of events myself."

You fail to escape the grapple.

His modifier is only 1 higher than yours, so it's quite possible for you to escape this...

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 02:25 AM
(OoC-Ok since I have this horrible feeling that roll will not be high enough...)

Kel tries to smile at the bear. He forces himself to be calm while he is staring at the set of teeth in it's mouth.

I dare say that I am in a position of great mis-fortune. Could you like, get off me, so we can talk?

After hearing the bear speak, Kel replies:
Interesting. It seems that we were sent after the same 'mark', would you consider a fair deal? I'll give you 20% of the take, if you would please get off me.

RandomAction
2010-06-26, 02:34 AM
I updated my prior post.

RandomAction
2010-06-27, 10:17 AM
Uhm ok, is the bear going to answer me? Maybe I should try and cuddle with it?

Rizban
2010-06-28, 04:47 AM
Sorry, but I have had very limited internet access.

"No"

The bear bites down on your shoulder. You take 6 damage.

RandomAction
2010-06-28, 01:22 PM
Ok, how about half then?

Try to escape the grapple: [roll0]

I may have other actions based on the check results

Rizban
2010-06-28, 03:59 PM
You fail to escape...

RandomAction
2010-06-28, 04:35 PM
Don't say I didn't ask nicely.....

As a swift action activate cape, spending 3 charges to transform into a large piosonous viper for 7 rounds. (Using my own HD/Alignment)

At this point I do not know how many actions, if any, I have left. If I have a standard left then I wish to bite at the bear.
Damage: [roll1] + poison
DC: 13 Fort or take [roll2] Initial/Secondary Con Damage

Rizban
2010-06-28, 10:56 PM
Your fangs sink deep into the bear.

The bear growls in response and swipes at you with his claw, dealing 6 damage.

RandomAction
2010-06-29, 10:24 AM
Try to escape again: [roll0]

RandomAction
2010-06-29, 10:28 AM
(OoC-Too low to get me free, so attack time.)

Bite at the bear: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + poison effect.
DC: 13 Fort or take [roll2] Initial/Secondary Con damage.

Rizban
2010-06-29, 06:09 PM
He claws you for another 5 damage.

RandomAction
2010-06-29, 06:33 PM
(OoC-Ok then, lets me try to break the grapple again and follow up with a bite attempt. Though I will wish to change my actions if I manage to break free.)

Break free of grapple: [roll0]
Bite attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + poison
DC:13 Fort or take [roll3] Initial/Secondary Con damage.

Rizban
2010-06-29, 07:24 PM
You escape the grapple!

RandomAction
2010-06-29, 08:47 PM
(OoC-Finally, lol. OK escaping was a move action correct? If so then I wish to change my prior actions after the check to the following.)

Swift action to end the transformation.
Remove hand from weapon to channel spell and return hand to weapon - free.
Attack the blasted grapple/bite bear: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] weapon + [roll2] from spell.

(OoC note- I forgot when I channel spells my weapon crystal adds a point of damage to the attack. I really need to remember these things, lol.)

RandomAction
2010-06-29, 08:49 PM
Ooooooo crit check.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] weapon + [roll2] spell (?)

Scream aloud: You will die for that!

(OoC- Oh yeah! Giving this character the nickname of "The Vyper". 36 points of damage from that one plus the earlier bite of 3 for a total of 39, that may have dropped it. I hope....:smalleek:)

Rizban
2010-06-29, 11:55 PM
What spell did you channel?

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 12:17 AM
Shocking Grasp.

Rizban
2010-06-30, 12:52 AM
Okay, I can't seem to find anywhere that it is ruled whether or not spell damage using arcane channeling is doubled on a crit or not, but I'm going to rule that it does.

HOWEVER, it only doubles on a nat 20. The crit range and crit multiplier of the weapon and the spell are separate. This means that your sword got a crit, but your shocking grasp did not.

You hit him for 24 damage.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 01:08 AM
No problem, I can understand. Nice if it did double with the threat range of the weapon.

Rizban
2010-06-30, 01:37 AM
Yeah, because a keen scimitar with arcane channeling working on crit range of weapon would be super nasty.

Rizban
2010-06-30, 02:02 AM
Your sword bites deep into the bear's flesh, burning the terrible wound with electricity.

In response, he merely growls and attacks. You avoid his first claw swipe, but dodging that places you directly in the path of his second claw, which unbalances you just long enough for his teeth to rip into you.

You take 7 damage from the claw and 5 from the bite.

If I'm counting right, you've taken 24 total damage.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 02:14 AM
I was thinking: Keen Falchion instead. As for damage I thought it was 26, but I am fine with which ever. After this Kel is going to claim his reward and get some rest. Hopefully no more bears will drop onto him, lol.

Time for you to die.

Kel activates his gloves (swift) with a word. Taking his hand off his blade, he mutters an arcane phrase and replaces his hand. The glassteel greatsword glows with electrical energy as he swings at the bear again.
Damage: [roll1] weapon + [roll2] electrical spell

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 02:16 AM
(OoC- If that didn't kill it, nothing will.)

Rizban
2010-06-30, 02:28 AM
Okay then, 26 damage so far.

Just so you know, this is a PvP battle you're in.

Rizban
2010-06-30, 02:31 AM
The bear roars in pain and lunges at you, attempting to drag you to the ground again. Make a grapple check.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 02:32 AM
Ah another player, if I manage to kill them. Can I at least know who I was fighting against? If that is ok with them, that is.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 02:33 AM
(OoC-If they are trying to grapple me, do I not get an AoO?)

AoO (if needed)
Damage:[roll1]

Grapple check:[roll2]

Rizban
2010-06-30, 02:40 AM
Your AoO kills him.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 02:44 AM
Speaking meta-gamingly here, I assume that was a druid I was facing? Shouldn't he revert to his original form now?

Rizban
2010-06-30, 02:48 AM
I wasn't sure, so I was looking it up to make sure before I posted that...

The bear shrinks slightly, replaced by an ordinary looking human with green eyes and brown hair wearing only light traveling clothes and an amulet. Apart from his clothing and the amulet, he carries no possessions.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 02:53 AM
Kel smiles down at his beaten foe. Reaching down he takes the amulet and pockets it. Sheathing his weapon and pulling out a wand from his belt, he activates the wand (casting Lesser Vigor) causing the magic to infuse his body. He replaces the wand and searches the body for anything else, before leaving through the back door of the building. (If there is one) he soon returns to the Maid, to find the dwarfish human who hired him.

Rizban
2010-06-30, 03:27 AM
There is no back door. It is a very small shop.

You head out the front door and back to the Maid and Mermaid. You find the not-quite-a-dwarf drinking a strong beer by himself at a back table.

RandomAction
2010-06-30, 06:03 PM
Kel walks over to the dawrf's table and sits down. Waving over a serving maid, he orders a glass of wine and another beer for the little fellow. He says nothing until after he gets his drink and the serving girl leaves.
Smiling coldly at the dwarf, he says quietly: Job's finished. Though I dislike having interruptions of competition.

Rizban
2010-06-30, 06:38 PM
The short human just shrugs and says, "I don't know what you mean."

RandomAction
2010-07-01, 01:12 PM
Giving the little man a knowing look, Kel continues on:

Of course you don't. I have to say though it was an interesting twist on things. But however, I think it is time for my payment.

Kel motions to the dwarf as he holds out his hand.

By the way, what was that amulet? Are you allowed to tell me or do I have to find someone to identify it? If I do, then Kel asks the dwarf where he can get it done at.

Rizban
2010-07-01, 02:06 PM
The dwarf slides a small pouch across the table.

"There was a bit more earlier... but I've had a few drinks..."

Inside you find 117 gold.

I seem to have forgotten to give you XP for the fight.
You gain 1800xp from defeating the bear man.

You'll have to get it identified. All magic items must be identified for you to know what they are, unless you're buying them in a shop or they are being given to you by a character. You can only be 100% certain of what they are if you're buying them from a reputable merchant or pay for an identify though.

You can get an identify from a generic spellcaster for 110gp with a 1 hour casting time. Punchinello offers that service for 50gp with a 2 minute casting time, link to his shop in my sig.

RandomAction
2010-07-01, 02:27 PM
Forgot the XP, how could you? :smallwink: Nah, it ok. I have seen the amount of thread you and Planswalker are running and I can understand. Ok, Kel will pick up the gold and go to your shop for item ID. After that, using the wand that still has one use left, how long will it take for Kel to be back at full health? I will add only 67gp to me sheet thus paying for the Identification cost.

Rizban
2010-07-01, 05:32 PM
You've taken 26 damage. You regain your HD in hp with 8 hours of sleep. So, you would need 20 rounds of healing plus a good night's sleep...

It lasts 11 rounds, so you still have 26-11 = 15 damage for now.

RandomAction
2010-07-01, 06:27 PM
Ok, one use gives me 11 rounds of 1hp/round of healing. Use two uses gives another 11hp+a nights rest would put me back to my max Hp, correct? If so then I will do this after I take care of the amulet in your shop.

Rizban
2010-07-01, 06:30 PM
That's exactly correct. Your wand will also have its two uses back when you wake up.

Rizban
2010-07-01, 07:31 PM
You leave the shop, find a place to rest, heal up to full. A little later that morning, you receive a package from a courier which contains your armor. The belt will not be ready until the following day.

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 02:07 AM
After signing, Kel goes to the Maid and pays for a room. He adds in the amount for meals. Both of good quality. He gives the courier a gold. He waits in his room, hoping to be undisturbed until the belt arrives.
The next day, he dresses in his armor and belt, again tipping courier, and goes downstairs to look for more work. He quickly reads the descriptions of the doors.
Ok, how much for the rent and meals, +2 for tips? If any player is actively looking for a partner in crime then feel free to insert Kel where needed.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 02:18 AM
The Maid and Mermaid charges 5gp per night, and gets away with it due to its size, location, and popularity.

5sp per meal, with dinner and breakfast, that's 1gp.

You pay 8gp for your overnight stay.

My other assassin players either don't want or already have an ally. I do have one assassin team that might want you on it, but they are right in the middle of a very nasty situation and aren't in a position to accept new members for the moment. I can give you a solo adventure until then, or you can just wait if you want to do that...

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 02:25 AM
Due to my landlord, I am having to move so my Net time is going to be limited for the next couple of days. If that team is finished by then, I am interested. If not or they would be waiting on me, then Solo we go. Added an in-game purchase log to sheet.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 02:30 AM
I tell you what, I'll run solo adventures for you until you cross their path. Then it'll be up to you whether or not you join them or end up fighting them. They are more or less good guys trying to root out evil/corruption by eliminating the evil people. As long as you don't be too outright evil, they'll probably accept you.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 02:31 AM
You find a name on a plaque that looks... interesting. You can't quite figure out just what it says, but it's certainly pretty. The word "assassin" printed beneath it is quite clear though.

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 08:14 PM
(OoC-I have about 45 minutes before I loose my net. Been moving furniture all day, pretty tired right now.)

Taking a deep breath, Kel opens the door and enters the room. He turns to close the door and walks over to the table.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 08:21 PM
Before you sits a tall, purple humanoid whose skin is covered with fine scales. His clothing is eccentric, gaudy, and lavish with bright swaths of color which gives it an odd but fascinating quality. A blue tattoo with a seemingly meaningless design adorns the left side of his face.

He merely watches you, a small smile on his lips.

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 08:29 PM
Kel looks at the figure. His eyes try to take in every detail as his mind races for an answer of what she/he/it is.
Spot check: [roll0]

After a few seconds, he smiles and says: I am looking for some work. What do you have that could be of interest to me?

(OoC- I would like to say thank you to both you and Planswalker for doing this. There are not to many people on these boards who can keep a game running.)

Rizban
2010-07-02, 09:04 PM
You don't recognize him, though you guess that he probably has draconic blood of some kind.

"Why, that would depend on what interests you. I have several jobs in need of doing. Tell me a bit about yourself so that I might pick the task most suited to your unique abilities."

Thank you for that. I'm quite enjoying the game myself. I rather like that planswalker is helping out, because I get to DM and play. Sandbox city games are my absolute favorite type of game, so when you combine that with my love of making cities, this is much fun for me.

If that was in response to the rage quit, I refuse to comment on another player, regardless of the situation.

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 09:18 PM
Kel takes a seat and begins talking to the draconian.

I have some skills in the roguish arts as well as minor talents as a combat mage. I prefer a good up close brawl and I have several skills that I do not wish to speak about. Trade secrets and all, you understand of course.
Personally, I like to stay away from divine organizations. They seem to be able to find me easier than others. Talking to the spirits of my victims, I guess.
As you can tell, my parentage is mixed. Was that enough or would you like to hear more?

No I wasn't really trying to pry about that rage quit. I personally believe you get what you make of the game. Hell, any game is like this. Excuse my language if it offends you.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 09:46 PM
"I'd like to hear more, but I don't think it's strictly necessary."

He reaches into his coat and pulls out a deck of cards. He cuts, shuffles, and then cuts once more, taking the top card off of the bottom stack, throwing it out face up. It's a red jack with a black skull drawn over it.

"There's a gang. The Jacks, obviously. I want their leader eliminated. I don't know his name, so you will have to find that on your own. If you remove some of their other members as well, that is acceptable. Try not to harm anyone not in the gang. I don't want innocents getting involved if possible."

Don't worry about it. I'm not easily offended.

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 10:47 PM
Hmm..a gang problem, Kel'vek thinks to himself.

Where can I find these Jacks? Seems like there maybe a few members of this group and may take some time to finish this job. How long are you giving me for this?
Is there anything else you can let me know about them?

Hey, thanks about that. Sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain and I say/type things that can be considered offensive to others.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 11:06 PM
Uh, I just realized I've misplaced my notes on the Jacks. I'm getting a copy of it from planswalker, but it might take a few to get the next part together...

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 11:16 PM
No problem, take your time. I have a feeling that this one is going to be tough. Hopefully Kel'vek is up to it. Also, I was looking over PrC and such for the next level, if I make it that is :smallsmile:, I wish to discuss the possibility of taking levels in Drow Paragon and how it would affect my character.
Two things about it make me nervous, the first one is the advancement of casting for levels 2 & 3, would you allow this to count for the duskblade class or is it wizard only. The second is the reduction of light blindness to light sensitivity, since I already have sensitivity would this allow me to remove the penalties for it or is it just a lost feature? I can understand if you think this my be game unbalancing and not allow it.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 11:27 PM
I'll homebrew a half-drow class that works like the other two half-classes if you really want to take a paragon class. I won't craft it in consideration of your character specifically though.

"Their leader is shrouded entirely in mystery, as only two people ever see him. These two are the Day Man and the Night Man, each leading the gang during their respective shifts. You'll have to get information from one of these two before you can find the true leader.

The are most likely based out of Old Town, but I don't know for certain if that is accurate."

RandomAction
2010-07-02, 11:35 PM
That would be fine, if it not too much trouble. Right now my only options, other than Rogue or Duskblade, is either Abjurant Champion or a Paragon class. I was thinking, since Drow blood makes me considered a drow for all effects according to race, I would be able to get into the Drow Paragon class with no problems. It was the whole bonuses it gave that made me iffy.

Kel nods as he listens.

Good set-up. No one knowing who you are, except for two people, leaves very little room for any possible assassination attempts. I will take the job, but it may take awhile though.

Kel returns to the Maid's common room, after hearing anything else the creature says. He waits for dark before going over to Old Town. During his trip, he removes his goggles and places them in his pouch.

Rizban
2010-07-02, 11:52 PM
"Take your time. There is no rush on this. If you hit a dead end... and are still alive, speak to the mermaid at the bar with purple hair. Tell her, 'Aces High.' She'll know what to do."

He stands, takes two steps straight backwards, and disappears through a quickly opened and closed secret door indistinguishable from the wall.

RandomAction
2010-07-03, 12:05 AM
After nightfall, Kel is standing somewhere in Old Town. He changed his mind and now wears his googles on his head above his eyes. He tries to stay hidden in the shadows, watching everyone. He hopes that someone can lead him to the Jacks headquarters.

Hide: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

RandomAction
2010-07-03, 12:50 AM
You know I really don't know how I wish to proceed with leveling. I would like to keep going as a Duskblade, but the spell level progression is severely limited. If I go rogue, then I gain Uncanny Dodge. Taking a level in wizard has tempted me, just for the touch spells for channeling, but I am left with ASF. I honestly do not wish to add more than one more class, be it PrC or standard, because I feel like I would be power-gaming. Any thoughts?

Rizban
2010-07-03, 01:07 AM
Power gaming isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as it isn't some form of ultimate cheese.

You manage to remain unseen, but you don't spot anything out of the ordinary. Now, if you knew what you were looking for, some sort of hand sign or something...

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 12:09 AM
Kel watches each person as they interact with each other. Trying to notice and hand signs of possible hidden meanings in there words. He also watches for those who are standing and where they are going.
[roll0]

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 12:11 AM
(OoC- got a feeling that will be a big No for the spot, :smallbiggrin:.)

Kel decides to walk down the street. He tries to keep his intentions secret as he watches and listens for anything that could help.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Rizban
2010-07-04, 12:31 AM
He eventually trips over a kobold, who is completely stunned by being kicked, stepped on, and tripped over. He looks to be a very low level thug.

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 12:36 AM
Kel reaches down and helps the kobold up. He dusts it of like it was a child, while whispering in draconic:

I am looking for work. Take me to Nightman. I'll give ya a gold.

Rizban
2010-07-04, 12:40 AM
The kobold looks totally confused as to who "Nightman" is, but he's very interested in this "gold" thing.

"I take you to Big Boss, get gold?"

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 12:42 AM
He takes out a gold and palms it. He motions for the reptile to lead the way.

He says in draconic whispering to the kobold again:
What big boss do?

Rizban
2010-07-04, 12:54 AM
"Him eat. Lots.

... also lead all 'bolds in city."

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 01:00 AM
Good, good. Boss be smart then? He boss, what you and others do?

Kel continues he trip. He knows better than trusting the kobold, but right now he'll take any lead he can.

Rizban
2010-07-04, 01:11 AM
"Him big smart. Him dragon made.

We other get food and shiny for Big Boss and do thing.... uh... eat Gnome... steal... kill thing! Kill thing much fun, more fun if eat it too!"

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 01:21 AM
You hate gnomes to? Then maybe I can be boss's friend?Let's hurry and meet with big boss.

He tosses the gold to the kobold. Kel thinks this may help him out. If he does some jobs for the Kobold's leader, then he hopes that he will lead him to the Jacks. The possibilities rolled out before him as he follows the little fellow.

Rizban
2010-07-04, 01:44 AM
The kobold greedily snatches the coin and plays with it for a moment before jamming it into his pocket. He looks as if he is about to run, but a quick glance at your coin purse and the thought of more gold stops him.

The kobold leads you through several back alleys before finally darting as quick as he can across Mastiff's Road (the main N/S thoroughfare in the city). Now on the west side of the road, he leads you north, this time darting across the second major thoroughfare, Broad Chase. He goes a little further north, reaching Raine's Road, turns west and enters an alley from the north. It strikes you as odd that the area seems to be able to be entered from other directions, but the kobold took the time to circle around to the north.

"Big Boss here."

He points to a spot covered in dark shadows, where you can just barely make out another kobold attempting to hide. This one looks considerably meaner. When you look back to the kobold who led you here, you find that he's already gone.

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 01:52 AM
Kel walks close to the kobold as he can without showing any threatening moves. He pauses and taps his belt pouch and speaks to the kobold.

Are you the Big Boss?

Rizban
2010-07-04, 02:05 AM
"Who are you? What do you want with Big Boss?"

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 02:12 AM
I am Kel'vek. I looking for jobs to kill gnomes. Maybe he have a few. I want to help Boss get bigger.

Rizban
2010-07-04, 02:21 AM
"I see other kobold bring you here. Fine, you can meet Big Boss, if he says is good."

He motions behind him, and you see another kobold leave the shadows and dart through a hidden door. A moment later, he returns with several other kobolds and a wand, which he hands to the one who spoke to you.

The guard takes the wand, aims it at you, and says, "You're too big. Don't resist."

You feel yourself being affected by a reduce person spell.

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 02:28 AM
Despite his initial urges to attack, Kel allows himself to be shrunken. Checking his gear, he nods to the kobold and says:

Lead on, then.

He follows the kobold through the small door.

Rizban
2010-07-04, 02:43 AM
The door is actually tiny, so you still have to squeeze through. It's how they keep the smelly humans out.

Squeezing through a narrow opening carved into the stone, you find yourself in a large room which appears to have originally been part of the sewer system. The sewage entrances have been blocked off by reinforced piles of debris. The barricades are tight enough to keep the sewage out, and the room is rather warm and dry. The room itself is littered with debris from the numerous kobolds who live here, and bits of gnome bodies are found everywhere, many in what appear to be places of honor. Some gnome bits are preserved or mummified while others are in various states of decay or consumption. The occasional rat scurries through the room, but as often as not is snatched back a kobold and eaten. You are quickly escorted into the next room but estimate that there are some 40 kobolds in this cave though it appears as if it regularly houses twice this number.

The next room is significantly smaller. Sitting on a ruined human couch apparently stolen from above is the fattest kobold you have ever seen. You seriously doubt that he could walk very far on his own. He is munching on a leg of... something, and you aren't sure you want to know to what or who it used to belong.

When he sees you, he swallows the bite on which he's chewing and says, "Greetings and welcome to the Halls of the Big Boss. I hear that you want to join us. What is it you want?"

He seems more intelligent than the other kobolds you have thus far encountered.

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 10:31 PM
Kel walks over to stand in front of the over-weight kobold. He bows deeply before it.

Greetings, Big Boss. My name is Greycloak. I have heard it on the streets that you and your lair are at war with the dirty gnomes. I was thinking that I could help you with them. then maybe you can help me afterwards?
But first, tell me of the gangs that are in this city. Who would have to be removed so that Big Boss can become a bigger boss?

Rizban
2010-07-04, 10:56 PM
You see him squirm with glee as he tries to calculate how he can use you to increase his power.

"Well, there are a few groups of nasty Lurks who want to kill us. That's why we had to block off the rest of the sewers, you see? There have also been reports of wererats or some such creature in the distant parts of the sewers as well, but those are just rumors.

There are a few gangs above ground as well. The Jacks are our only current ally, and there's a few other human gangs that I don't know much about. I hear there are a few priests of Nerull causing problems, and then of course there are the gnomes. Those tasty, buttery gnomes.... no one admits it, but i just know that they are out to get us. Our war with them is purely self-defense, you understand."

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 11:17 PM
Hmm...which area would Big Boss want? Does he wish to open sewers or expand on surface? Ah, I know what Boss, I can help remove the Lurks from the sewers. That way Big Boss can get bigger down here. This will help you be a bigger ally to the Jacks. What say you Boss?

Kel winces as he heard the kobold name the Jacks as allies. He keeps his icy smile on the kobold, hoping he puffed up it's pride enough.

I have a few questions on my bodyguard build. I figures that I would ask here to keep it a secret.
I am building a ranger 2/artificer 4. I wish to craft a homunculus, or two.

First off, is there any XP granted for crafting? If so, how much and ignore the following?

After crafting one, would I start with a penalty and pay it off first, or drop the level? I was going to take Improved Homunculus at 6th level, since I was wanting to up their HD, this would cause me problems for after I craft one I lose access to the feat.

With the Hp of the creature crafted, should I roll for each HD or take average?

Rizban
2010-07-04, 11:35 PM
No extra crafting xp. All craft reserve from level 1 is available, meaning your craft reserve starting out at level 4 is 200 (20+40+60+80).

The Big Boss thinks for a minute.

"Okay. Kill some Skulks. You have to use another entrance though. This place is closed off to them."

*Sigh* You picked the one plot I can't DM. I know virtually nothing about the Skulks other than that they are there. This is because Punchinello is currently on that quest and planswalker is DMing it. If you would really like to go up against the Skulks, then you'll have to switch over to planswalker DMing you.

Also, you should know it's going to be a tough quest that will likely end up killing you if you aren't very careful. I've almost lost Punchinello twice now against them.

However, if you'd like to pursue this, I can guarantee than Punchinello would really appreciate the help... especially since he just ticked them off by stealing an artifact from them that they really want back. Punchinello is always happy to get new friends and allies, though he'll mete out swift vengeance if he's betrayed by them...

RandomAction
2010-07-04, 11:49 PM
((OoC: Nevermind then. Let's continue on here. I am having good luck with my DM, don't wanna chance it.:smallbiggrin:))

Kel asks about any surface gangs that would be of help if removed.

Tell me bout Jacks, then who leader? How can I help you in getting better on the surface.

What about the HD rolling for the defenders? I take it I do the rolls then.

Rizban
2010-07-05, 12:16 AM
You roll the HP for any constructs you build.

"Don't really know the Jacks that well. One of our newer associates introduced us a day or two ago, and we're just now beginning to communicate."

Awww... I would have liked to have an ally. Oh well, Punchinello can hold his own pretty well for now. I'm getting to the point where I won't be able to push much further into it solo though.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 12:26 AM
Tell ya what. Since it would give you a break too, get Planswalker. I would like to see how your character works at play. I would like to see his thoughts on the build I am using.

Rizban
2010-07-05, 12:29 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll talk to planswalker as soon as he gets online.

Just so you know though, Punchinello is the only character so far who has managed to level up and not die immediately after doing so.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 12:37 AM
Really?! Maybe I should push harder then. :smallbiggrin: Naw, congrats really.

Rizban
2010-07-05, 12:40 AM
Only 3 players have leveled up so far. One of them rage quit and the character died as a result. The other got cocky and was killed by another player.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 12:47 AM
Ah arogance, the downfall of many. Maybe I should lessen my plans of being top assassin then, eh? Wow the gold I will be pouring into Punchinello's shop.
How would you feel about a character investing into your shop for crafting/lab use? Is that a legal or is it taboo.

Rizban
2010-07-05, 01:16 AM
Punchinello actually seldom charges more than what it costs him to make the items. He has actually spent a decent amount of his own gold in crafting for others.

There's no rule against using another person's lab, but Punchinello would never let someone else use his workshop or tools, even if they offered to pay to use them.

Note also that planswalker ruled that all items take 1 day to craft, regardless of price.

After receiving all the information the Big Boss is willing to give you, he has his guards escort you out and dismiss the reduce person so that you can't come back in so easily.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 01:23 AM
At which point is Planswalker going to take over. Should I wait for him or go ahead and post then wait for his response?

Rizban
2010-07-05, 01:24 AM
I'm DMing until you meet with Punchinello, then I'll create a specific group thread, unless you want to keep the group meetup in this thread... which actually might be easier.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 01:41 AM
Group meet up, excellent. Go for it! I am going to try and kick the rp up on my end.

Kel straightens his back, a slight popping sound can be heard by all around. Taking a deep breath of the clean air, he starts walking off. He follows the old 'bolds directions and hopes that he can find the Skulks. Kel keeps a wary eye out for anyone following or watching him. His hands swing freely after he adjust his goggles into proper position.

Spot: [roll0]

Rizban
2010-07-05, 01:43 AM
The Lurks?

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 01:45 AM
Oops! I was thinking of a lurk build when I was posting.

Rizban
2010-07-05, 02:02 AM
He has only a general idea of the Skulks being located somewhere in either Old Town or the Docks... or both, and most likely underground. It's likely not a good idea to be heading down into the sewers without being well armed and armored. No one pays any attention him beyond the occasional odd looks due to his race.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 01:32 PM
Kel is glad he decided to sleep earlier today. He looks to the moon trying to judge the time. Taking a deep breath of the night air, he turns his directions to the Docks. Deep inside he feels a kinship with the sailors there, each one belonging to a ship.
Tasting salt in the air, Kel smiles and begins looking for any clues to the location of the Skulks lair. He tries to remain aware of those who are around him.

Figured I would do some rolls here.
Gather Info on Skulks: [roll0]
Listen, if needed: [roll2]
Would my race grant me a temp bonus on Intimidate since everyone has heard of drow and are more-less fearful of them? Just curious, not really worried if it does.

Rizban
2010-07-05, 11:32 PM
Drow are viewed more with contempt and anger than fear. There might be the occasional person you get a circumstance bonus against though.
You learn that there are indeed Skulks in the area. Unfortunately, you don't uncover anything specific.

RandomAction
2010-07-05, 11:41 PM
Kel looks around at the Docks. He wonders how he is going to find the little known gang. After a few minutes of quiet thought, he begins asking about the Skulks to all passers-by. While he is doing this he keeps trying to see if anyone is watching him or have any reaction when he says the name of the gang.
Sighing in frustration, Kel walks off. Going into different alleys and such trying to find someone. Perhaps a Skulk, he wonders, as his hand nears his sword.

Roll time again:
Gather info: [roll0]
Listen: [roll2]

Rizban
2010-07-06, 12:13 AM
People fall silent at the mention of Skulks at night and practically run to the safety of the nearest building. You don't see anyone watching you, nor do you hear anything; however, you feel something as you enter an alley when a dagger pierces your back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Roll for initiative.

RandomAction
2010-07-06, 12:22 AM
Ini roll: [roll0]

Kel curses loudly as the pain flashes through him. He quickly draws upon his soul for the power to turn invisible. He turns and moves slightly to the side while drawing his sword in one hand. He mutters a quick phrase and places his hand back unto his weapon. He swings at the attacker, electricity cracking down the glassteel's length.

For ease: Swift, turn invisibile with Cloak of deception; 5' step drawing greatsword; Channel Shocking Grasp @ CL3 into melee attack.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] weapon + [roll3] Sneak attack + [roll4] Shocking grasp spell.

Rizban
2010-07-06, 12:25 AM
Forgot to roll initiative for this guy...

[roll0]

Rizban
2010-07-06, 12:27 AM
Before you can react, he attempts to stab you again but misses.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Your attack connects with him, killing him where he stands. His corpse slumps to the ground. You realize that you have just killed a Skulk.

RandomAction
2010-07-06, 12:30 AM
Kel pauses for several seconds as he waits for another attack. His greatsword drips blood as he scans the are looking for more trouble. He slowing sheathes his sword and begins searching the body.

Search: [roll1]

Rizban
2010-07-06, 12:36 AM
You see no other danger in the area.

On the corpse, you find only a dirty loincloth and the dagger with which you were stabbed.

Skulks have a racial Hide bonus of +15 in addition to Dex and skill ranks. Keep rolling, but you're not likely to spot one...

RandomAction
2010-07-06, 12:41 AM
Kel begins to hum a arcane phrase. As he finishes, he focuses his energy into a simple cantrip to detect magic. He looks around again and starts searching the walls for hidden doors or false sections.
Spot:[roll0]

Rizban
2010-07-06, 12:55 AM
You find and detect nothing magical, though the dagger radiates a moderate aura.

RandomAction
2010-07-06, 01:00 AM
Kel returns to the Skulks body. Glancing around, he quickly takes it and puts it into the top of his boot. He tries to return to the street stealthily. Creeping up to the corner, he looks into the street. Maybe someone was watching, he thinks.

Move: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

Rizban
2010-07-06, 01:16 AM
You move unseen and unheard, because the street is empty.

RandomAction
2010-07-06, 01:31 AM
Kel sighs. He walks back to the corpse and drags it to the end of the alley. The he props it up in a corner. He turns and walks away, this time back to the Maid. As he enters he tosses the keeper the coins and rents a room, retiring for the night.
He wakens at midday and dons his armor. He meditates quickly to regain his magic. Placing his goggles over his eyes and hie gear in place, he leaves and goes to Punchinello's shop. After entering, he places the dagger and 50gp onto the counter.
Could you identify this please? Tell me, Punchinello, how long have you lived here? Do you know much about the gang war in the docks?

Rizban
2010-07-06, 11:38 PM
He takes a look at the dagger.

[roll0] Seriously? A 1? :smallannoyed:

"It's a +1 Human Bane Dagger.

I've lived here a few weeks, but I believe I've done quite well for myself, considering."

He looks around his shop with a smile on his face.

"Gang war in the docks? I don't normally associate with gangs... What kind of information were you seeking?"

RandomAction
2010-07-06, 11:54 PM
Nice one there. Glad it wasn't a save, LOL.

Kel leans over the counter a bit before speaking.

Well honestly, I was interested in the problems between the Jacks and the Skulks. A recent .... employer wished me to help end those problems.
You do have a very nice shop, by the way. What can you give me on trade for that dagger?

Rizban
2010-07-07, 12:19 AM
Yeah, well, that 1 cost Punchinello 60 gold. Getting identify cast costs 110gp. He charged you 50, because he has a class feature that allows him to identify for free with a DC15 Appraise check. He failed that, so he had to pay for the identify to be able to tell you what it was. :smallannoyed:

"I can't help you with the Jacks, but I've got a bit of a Skulk problem myself, one which I intend to rectify at the earliest convenience.

As for the dagger, this looks like it came off of a Skulk. I've picked up a few of them myself the past few nights. In trade, it would depend on what you want to purchase. I only give store credit on trades."

RandomAction
2010-07-07, 12:35 AM
Kel thinks to himself a moment before answering.

Can you give my sword a Venomous or Corrosive property for the value of the trade in on the dagger?

Rizban
2010-07-07, 12:41 AM
"That depends on the sword. Let me get a look at it first."

What is the sword, exactly?

RandomAction
2010-07-07, 12:45 AM
It is a +1 Glassteel Greatsword. If this is a go, then I would choose the Corrosive property. If not then, I will choose to boost my armor by a +1 instead.

Rizban
2010-07-07, 01:02 AM
He examines the sword and agrees to add the corrosive property in exchange for the dagger, allowing the sword to do an extra 1d6 acid damage. Next time won't be so cheap though.

RandomAction
2010-07-07, 01:12 AM
Thanks Punchinello. Would you like any help with your Skulk problem? I am sure that I could at least give you some matter of protection.

I take it that the sword's upgrade will take a day then?

Rizban
2010-07-07, 01:20 AM
"If you're up for it, I'd be glad for the help. I don't know you well yet, so be aware I'll be watching you as intently as I watch for the Skulks. You try anything, and I will to take you down.

I'm planning to head out tomorrow night, which conveniently gives me enough time to finish up your sword."

Team up thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8866882#post8866882)
Things which affect only your character, as well as side quests and the like, will still be posted here, and the timing of things may be a little different, as in a day may pass here before it ends there. Hopefully, this won't happen too much though.

RandomAction
2010-07-07, 01:23 AM
So this thread is on pause until the Team-up is over? Then I will post my entrance in the Team-up.

Rizban
2010-07-07, 01:27 AM
Not necessarily on pause, just not your character's main focus. We will use this thread if your character goes and does something during the day if this takes more than one night of game time or some other such eventuality.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 07:55 PM
A terrible explosion suddenly rocks the entire city, and the ground shakes as if an earthquake were tearing the city apart. The sky lights up from a blast many times the brightness of the sun, and you are certain that certain death has at last come to claim you. As the brightness fades, you look toward the Mages' Quarter and see the last remnants of the horror burning directly towards the sky in a seemingly endless stream of raw, burning mana which threatens to tear reality asunder. What seems like an eternity passes as you stare, though it is likely only a few seconds, and at last the blast fades away. In the distance, you hear a building collapse, and you are certain that something horrible has been unleashed upon the city.

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 08:33 PM
Am I still in your shop?

Damn, still got sewer stink on me. Hm....maybe there could be something I can grab from the confusion., he whispers to himself.

To Punchinello, he says: I am going to go check things out, watch my loot for me. When I return I will wish to deiscuss a few trades.

Kel quickly leaves the shop and runs towards the source of the explosion. He has a bad feeling about this.

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 08:42 PM
As he nears the Mage district, he slows down and tries to remain hidden from prying eyes as he looks for the source of the explosion.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 08:57 PM
The source is unsurprisingly simple to find. As you approach it, the damage to surrounding buildings increases. Eventually, you find the source, a smoking crater in the ground some 300 feet across and 100 feet deep. Nearer to the surface, you can see sewer tunnels sliced open by the blast, a slow trickle of sewage is just beginning to flow from one of the tunnels into the crater.

A crowd of the curious has begun to gather. The City Guard, to their credit, has already formed a perimeter and begun to try to send people away from the site of destruction. It is quite easy to mingle with the crowd unnoticed.

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 09:01 PM
Kel asks around to the gathering mob, he hopes that the shock of he incident causes them to overlook his heritage.

What used to be here? Was this a home or what?

Kel looks around for any bodies in the area, while waiting for someone to answer him. He tries to stay hidden from view while doing so.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 09:42 PM
One man recovering from shock says, "There weren't much a nothin' here. It was just a couple shops and a bit of wall. Prolly some magic spirment what gone wrong."

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 10:48 PM
Kel spends some time looking around for anyone who is acting suspicious. After which he begins to look for anything that could be a clue to this mystery.

Who's shop was it?

After getting a answer, he decides to walk over to the nearest guard.

Excuse me sir, what happened here? Do you need any help with anything? I have some knowledge in the arcane arts and I may be able to asist.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 10:56 PM
"I think it were a tavern or restaurant or something like that...

Ah! Right! It were a bakery. A right good one at that." He seems quite sad at this realization.

Upon approaching the guard and offering your services, "Sir, please return to your home. This area is not safe. We already have top mages and clerics on the case. Unless you're skills are truly epic, we've got the investigation covered."

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 11:04 PM
Kel decides to return to Punchinello's shop. Kel has a funny feeling while traveling and keeps looking behind him. When he arrives, he knocks on the door and whispers in drow loud enough for him to hear.

It's me. There was an accident up at the 'bakery' in the Mage's District. There is a huge freakin' crater up there now.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 11:11 PM
Unfortunately, the doors are magically locked at the moment and cannot be opened until the duration of the locking item expires... in about an hour. You are quite certain that breaking down the front door would not be a good idea. You start to imagine the plethora of traps that Punchinello might have built into those doors against forced entry...

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 11:14 PM
Mummbling curses, Kel decides to walk around for a bit. He returns to the crater and tries to hide in the shadows to watch as people leave. He hopes that after a while the investigators will tire and the guards will go away.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 11:17 PM
He realizes that there are several powerful scrying effects going when he notices a large, ethereal eye float past him scanning the area. Apparently a large number of powerful spellcasters in the Mages' Quarter are investigation the explosion through extensive use of divination.

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 11:24 PM
Having a feeling that he hasn't remained hidden, Kel looks into the eye and shrugs his shoulders. He begins looking around for somewhere else that he can hide while keeping an eye out as well.

After a few minutes, he pauses and starts thinking. A bomb or trap maybe? What could have caused so much damage to the area? If this was just a bakery then why go to such extremes to destroy it. Some reason I feel like that key is a clue to this. Need to check with Punchinello and then I have to speak with the kobold boss.

Kel follows his own advice and returns to Punchinellos shop to see if the door has been unlocked yet, before he makes it there he decides to return to the Kobolds lair and meet with the Big Boss.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 11:27 PM
As you return to the kobold lair in the north part of Old Town, you suddenly realize that the outpost where you first met the kobolds was almost exactly where the huge crater is now...

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 11:34 PM
Rubbing his temples in frustration, Kel mutters to himself.

Ah, this is bull sh.hey, I wonder if I can find any kobolds around here.

Kel decides to begins searching for any of the vile little creatures, hoping one can lead him to the boss.

Search(?): [roll0]

Rizban
2010-08-02, 11:44 PM
You return to the kobold lair in Old Town, where you met Tubby... er, the Big Boss. The lair next the crater was just an outpost. There is no one on guard at the entrance when you arrive.

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 11:48 PM
I don't like this. There should be a guard here.....

Kel moves slowly up to the door. He checks it for any traps before knocking on it loudly.

Search:[roll0]

After a few minutes, if no one comes and/or no traps are found, he opens the door and look inside for any thing.

Rizban
2010-08-02, 11:49 PM
He discovers a simple alarm on the door to warn of intruders.

RandomAction
2010-08-02, 11:54 PM
Taking out his tools, he attempts to remove the alarm.

Disable Device: [roll0]

Rizban
2010-08-03, 09:20 AM
The alarm does not activate, but Kel is unsure as to whether or not he has deactivated it.

RandomAction
2010-08-03, 05:40 PM
Always being careful, Kel double checks his work. {take 20?} He slowly opens the door and looks inside.

Rizban
2010-08-03, 11:36 PM
You manage to disable the alarm, but opening the tiny door alerts the guard who is just returning from his duties.

"Hiisss... What do you what? Can't you see we're a little busy here?"

RandomAction
2010-08-03, 11:56 PM
I gots buisness with Big Boss. Tell him, Greycloak is here about the Skulks.

Kel says in draconic while staring at the kobold. He keeps his hand away from his weapon though he itches to cleave the rodent in half for it's lack of respect.

Rizban
2010-08-04, 12:27 AM
"Badder things happen. He is busy and won't want to hear you now. Try anyway if you want, your funeral."

He tosses you a potion of reduce person so that you might fit through the door if you want, then steps aside for you to enter.

Loot division:
Kel'vek will take 6 daggers, the lesser crystal of energy assault (+1d6 fire), and the 30pp.

Punchinello will take 6 daggers and the enchanted mithril codpiece.

Also, sorry to kind of railroad you away from Punchinello, but there were some things he needed to take care of as well. OOC knowledge: the doors are open again for whenever you decide to head back.

RandomAction
2010-08-04, 01:09 AM
Does it involve the big boom that happened earlier? Nevermind, tell Big Boss I will be back tomorrow, unless he need me to help him now.

Kel tosses the potion back to the kobold, turns and leaves. He travels back to Punchinellos shop. Pausing at the door, he knocks three-two-three and waits for him to open the door.

That is fine with me.
Would like to do some upgrading on my equipment, I am going to look through my books for some things. So far I have an interest in boosting the strength belt up to +4 and grabbing an amulet to boost my dex by +4. Need to do the math to see how much cash I have left over for any more items. I will be trading in the older weapon crystal and the belt to help lower the cost of the new belt. A quick guess would put me in the area of around 20-23K left over, but with any discounts from Punchinello would change this figure.
Also, my guess of Psionic Artificer earlier for your class, was I close or way off the mark there?

Rizban
2010-08-04, 01:22 AM
Psionic Artificer is correct... mostly.

As you approach the shop, you see another man leaving. He is too far away to make out clearly and gone from sight by the time you reach the shop.

When you knock, the door opens slightly. It was apparently not entirely closed. Walking through, you find yourself back in the Team Nightstalker thread.

RandomAction
2010-08-25, 03:53 PM
Kel leaves his 'partner' for a time and returns to the Kobold's lair. He awaits for an audience with the big boss and the Blue he has been desperately trying to meet. As he enters the room, he bows to the over-weight 'bold and begins speaking.

Bis Boss, I have been very busy and now I have finally have a chance to speak with the Blue. I have finished with the Skulks as per our last conversation, needless to say they are severely weakened at the moment. And with help, I er we can finally eliminate them from this city granting these tunnels to your people.

Looking at the blue dragonwrought, Kel bows deeply and slowly begins.Master Blue, I have heard tells of your abilities and I must say that I am greatly impressed. As the Big Boss here can tell you, I have been trying to help with the Skulk situtation that is causing problems with your 'family'. To this end, I am requiring some information from you. One part on your known association with the gang named the Jacks', if you are willing to discuss this futher, I may have a plan that will increase the range of the 'bold's grasp and to allow you an even more prosperous position than you have now. So are you interested in what I have to say?

Rizban
2010-08-25, 11:21 PM
planswalker, since this is your thing, please take over DMing this thread until you're done with the subplot.