PDA

View Full Version : Calamity Trigger IC Thread

Lifeson
2010-06-25, 11:01 AM
~~ Ataraxia's History ~~
In case you forgot
The planet of Ataraxia is a wellspring of magical energy of torrential porportions. If a mage is a goldfish, then Ataraxia can vary between a small lake and an ocean. So much so, is the power, that if it is not held in check, then Ataraxia would tear itself apart, or so they only heard in the tales. It was a smaller planet, but held enough energy to feed a mage-based planet several times it’s size, and so the formidable magics were held in check once upon a time, and focused into four Synthocrypha, which held back the torrent partially, and let out enough energy so that the planet wouldn’t destroy itself. Thus did Ataraxia live, with it’s inhabitants living in relative peace.

In a mad gambit for power a few years back, a bard named Janne took the four Synthocrypha from their place, in order to hold the planet hostage several years ago. Under his tyranny, the inhabitants of Ataraxia fought back with varying degrees of minor successes and major failures. Now that it seems Janne is in control, and shows no signs of stopping Ataraxia from killing itself.

~~ Your Part ~~

For your own reasons, you all ended up on Zook Sparklegem's Spelljamming ship, the Plane Dancer, was sailing near Ataraxia along the route when an outburst of magic from the world pummeled itself and accompanying debris into the ship. Unable to take the force of the assault, the ship crash-landed on the main part of the planet, just outside of one of the remaining towns. The ship manages to land bottom first, leaves a rather large impact crater

As you pull yourselves together, a trail of the townspeople, led by one a white-haired elf that otherwise looks no older than middle age looks down into the crater and yells out, "Is everyone okay down there? We saw you crash land, and if there's anyone down there who needs help, we'll give it to you the best we can!"

Voldecanter
2010-06-25, 11:44 AM
Captain Zook Sparklegem
Mood Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyG_mnBS6zg&feature=related)

Zook using one free hand to grab his pot bellied pig friend/pet/food if need be , Elmer , who look quite distraught as he gave out little squeals , good that was a sure sign of life . Using his other hand was picking up his pack and putting it on his gnome back . Activating the Doors was an easy task , Zook had been given this Ship by the Corrupt Gnome Military State as a reward for all the Battles his fought in and Won , all his engineering projects and all the Great Architecture that he helped design .

Zook wasn't smarter than the average person , but it is his creativity and ability to use other people now that is what always got him ahead , and the Uniform that he wore , and the Badges and Rewards he was given back on his home world/dimension were all nice and all , but Zook , Zook never really took to staying in one place after the Gnome State took over the Entire World back at home , He didn't want to live in such a world anymore , Haunted by the possibly sins and injustice that he inevitably committed ,

Zook took his Ship the Planar Dancer and Warped to different worlds and dimensions , Why ? Because he could that's why , Different Worlds , Different People , Different Ways ,

Zook didn't know what was going on half the time , but he managed , trying to help people best he could . Surprisingly Zook found that Almost all worlds and dimensions had the same Gods/Languages and basics of Society and Culture and don't forget that Morality never differed that much from the norm , Zook never questioned these things much , just took them for what they were ....Coolness . On his many Travels , Zook had picked up many travelers and friends , all encountering there now Captain in one way or Another .

"Elmer , I hope we aren't the only ones to have lived you know !" Zook inquisitively said . The Gnome taking his stuff and his pig Pressed down on his Military Uniform , making himself looking more presentable and prestigious .

Walking outside of the back of the ship , he stepped out into the Light of Day .

[Common] "Hello , I am Zook Sparklegem , Captain of the Planar Dancer , which By sadly By the Way old villager Elf Man , should have sustained a heavy attack of ANY KIND *Cought , Throat Clearing* , Well It would be nice to now why I was seemingly shot down , I represent a World Far Away in a DImension far Gone , A World where A Gnomish Corrupt Military State Took over the Entire Globe , Now I don't want any trouble , so Hopefully this wasn't some Declaration of War , because frankly I don't think my Companions are ready to be placed in a POW camp or something while you give me the golden treatment because I actually make a good hostage. Well in any Case it will be very nice to know where I am , Why and what happened to my Ship . This is My Friend Elmer , Don't make conclusions based on the fact he is a pig , Elmer was once a Dog , who in Fact was once a Gnome , a Gnome who committed a lot of crimes , who has been humbled by being turned into a Pig !"

Zook Lets Elmer run around the ground in the crater as Zook presents himself in some potential standoff , Zook may be 3 ft 7 and 39 lbs , but he was truly a Tall 3 ft 7 and a Heavy 39 lbs ..........Zook awaited for survivors in The Planar Dancer to follow his lead , but anything was possible , and as Zook stroked his short military cut Caramel Hair back , he Waited for Destiny to take hold .

Dark Matter
2010-06-25, 10:40 PM
When the ship crashed Apollyon had been in the galley. He'd managed to get a shield up to block any flying cutlery equipment or broken objects, in the confusion he wasn't even sure if there had been any to block, but numerous foodstuff containers had broken and he'd been at ground zero for the mess. He'd have been cleaner if he'd been tarred and feathered.

Apollyon was tall, almost slender, had a handsome face which suggested a movie screen and a magnetic personality which suggested a successful politician. He managed to combine impression of being old for his 19 years while still having some growing left to do. He'd picked "Apollyon" after some sun god. If asked he'd claim his sorcererous blood came from a distant ancestor's tryst with a deity. Get him drunk enough and he'd admit to being some Wizard's bastard.

Apollyon walked out of the galley a royal mess and said, "Zook, sorry, Captain Sparklegem. Apollyon alive and well. Galley has issues." Apollyon thought And we have company and the you're making a bad first impression How about you think like a Sorcerer?"

Apollyon snapped his fingers and invoked, Prestidigitation (clean himself and his clothes)

Voldecanter
2010-06-25, 10:46 PM
Captain Zook Sparklegem

"It appears there is barley a ship to be Captain of Paul , no Need to be so Formal , although I wonder if the rest of our crew survived , they seemed somewhat squishy ." Zook addressed Paul , glad to see that another other than Himself and Elmer lived to tell of this incident .

vurin
2010-06-25, 10:54 PM
Alain

"Oww," Alain muttered as he pulled himself from the wreckage of the ship. "What in the hell happened?"he wondered aloud. He absently ran his fingers though his blue hair, picking out a few pieces of debris, as he looked around at the ruined ship. Espying the "Captain" and another crew member, he made his way over to them.

As he drew closer he became aware that a group of people were looking down on them. Casually ignoring them, he adressed Zook, "What happened?" he asked flatly.

Voldecanter
2010-06-25, 11:04 PM
Captain Zook Sparklegem

Looking upon Alain , Zook was glad to see that his 'Wizard' Friend had made it , Zook remembered the first time he met the man , it was truly a wonderful experience , however Zook wasn't in the right mindset to recall it to himself all at this one time .

" Some form of Intense Magical Attack from this Planet , I don't know what the weapon , Spell-caster or Whatever that caused it , but I hope that this wasn't some attempt at a Inter-dimensional Declaration of War ,or that you and the rest of the crew are taken as Hostages .And it appears that this man right here may be some Wise Elf thing , I wonder if he is better than the Elves on Abeir-Toril" Chuckling to himself , Zook tried to Feel for His Gnome Pipe and lit it .

"Ahhh , a good Gnome Smoke is good for the heart"

Thorcrest
2010-06-25, 11:32 PM
Godfrey

Coming up from behind the white haired elf, a man in rather simple monk's clothing, a loose fitting shirt and breeches with several belts looped about various parts of the outfit, the rather young monk hopped up from the ground where the ship had crashed. Shaking some dust out of his matted brown hair, he gives a laugh as he notices that everyone else had remained trapped on the ship as it crashed. He gives a laugh and looks at Zook, his green eyes holding far more wisdom than his youth revealed. "My, have none of you ever heard of the expression abandon ship? It seems like many of you were rattled by the crash." Turning to the Symbologist, "If you had accepted those lessons I offered you last week Alain, you migh have avoided some of those bumps and scrapes and found yourslef outside the wreckage, thrown clear from the ship safely on the soft ground. That goes for you as well Apollyon! You might not have needed to waste that spell! And Zook, if you had listened to me and simply become a caravan driver on a peaceful world we would not be stranded on this place. Imagine choosing a profession where the sole purpose is to be as far removed from the most Holy Roads as possible! You know we would be perfectly safe resting in a lovely inn as we speak if you had listened to me!" With that, he jumps into the wreckage, balancing carefully on a six inch beam, he follows it into the wreckage searching for any other survivors.

Voldecanter
2010-06-25, 11:47 PM
Captain Zook Sparklegem

" mmmm , Godfrey , You always knew how to put on a good show . I really hope that sultry vixen of a Cleric is alright , we need her , her * Twisting and snapping his fingers* Faithfullness , yes we need that " Zook looked around , Hoping his ship was really really alright .

Dark Matter
2010-06-28, 09:52 PM
Apollyon

Apollyon snorted and waved off Godfrey's heretical concept of any spell being "wasted". He said, "Let's find them. And anything else we can salvage. I'm sure Patricia had magic on her."

Paul triggered (and re-triggered as needed) Detect Magic and went looking.

Thorcrest
2010-06-29, 06:37 PM
Godfrey

What do you think I'm doing? Godfrey Spoke with a laugh. Zook, maybe you would care to help us out? We can talk to the elf once we make sure everyone is off the ship and onto a most Holy Road. The monk balanced himself on the six inch beam while lifiting up other ones and searching through the rubble.

vurin
2010-07-05, 03:57 PM
Alain

"Well, nobody wants to say it, but i'm pretty sure the others are dead," Alain said. He and the others had been searching the rubble for survivors for some time with no luck

Thorcrest
2010-07-05, 09:31 PM
Godfrey

Yes, it would appear that way... turning to Zook, another reason we should have simply been in a normal caravan on the Holy Roads.

vurin
2010-07-05, 11:34 PM
Alain

You and your religious crap, jeez keep it in church," Alain mutters to himself quietly as he continues sifting

Voldecanter
2010-07-06, 10:09 AM
Captain Zook Sparklegem

Sighing Zook looks at Alain
"Hey , Maybe if you prayed to this God of Roads more often Alain we wouldn't find ourselves in these types of Situations , besides wouldn't a road be a church for a god of roads ?"

Jumping out of the Crater and looking at Elmer , the baby pig pet , Zook goes to shake the Hand of this Elf man that presents himself in front of him .

"Sorry that I'm making you bow , but it's the thought behind it that counts ."

Dark Matter
2010-07-08, 09:20 PM
"Well, nobody wants to say it, but i'm pretty sure the others are dead," Alain said. He and the others had been searching the rubble for survivors for some time with no luckApollyon

Apollyon sighed and replied, "No bodies, but there are some crushed rooms we can't get to... I think...

I think you're right.":smalleek:

Thorcrest
2010-07-09, 06:44 AM
Godfrey

Coming over to Apollyon. I'm sure that they now find themselves travelling on the Great Road, and not through the Roadless Wilds of the Abyss. Fear not friend, for they are forever in the ebrace of the Mighty God of Roads. The monk bowed his head in a moment of silence before springing on up the pile of wreckage to Zook and the Elf.

vurin
2010-07-09, 05:11 PM
Alain

A shame we never got to know them very well," Alain thought. Turning to the observers he waves, "Hello."

Dark Matter
2010-07-10, 09:42 PM
Apollyon

Apollyon resigned himself to missing his fallen comrades and moved to join the others, wondering who the Captain had found.

Lifeson
2010-07-12, 04:54 PM
DM Post
[Mood Music] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4jsjjgPG0)

The first of the survivors crept out of the smoking wreckage and shook the elf's hand, who smiled at the thought of life still amongst the dead. Bowing down to meet the gnome's stature, the elf said, "Anyone who survives a mess like that deserves my respect. I heard the mutterings of three others down there, I assume they're all alive. I'd like to welcome you to this world, Ataraxia...but as you can see we're barely in any position to." Find the others coming out, the elf continued, "I am Hiro, and I'm the mayor of the nearby town of . We don't have much left since the planet begun it's destructive turn, but we're trying to make the best of things. You must be shaken up after that landing, so let me invite you to the town. I'll leave behind a few of my people who know of these ships and we'll see if we can get it up and working again. Ayu, Arnel, and Lee, that means you. The rest of you start heading back to town and get these guys somewhere to stay until their ship is fixed." Hiro pointed at the three mentioned, and a half-elf girl wearing a grease-stained vest, a halfling who looked like a tech-based blacksmith complete with goggles, and a generic-looking woodsman fell out of the crowd and went around the back of the ship to start inspecting it. "Those three should be able to do something with the ship. My son had one of his own a long time ago. Now c'mon, and we'll being you up to speed about what's going on here."

Thorcrest
2010-07-13, 05:55 PM
Godfrey

Hoping down from the rubble to the ground, he turns to Zook. Come down to solid ground you foolish gnome, we will soon be on a Road and you will see how much better it is travel on these Holy Trails rather than flying in that heap of rubble you called a ship.