PDA

View Full Version : yu gi oh

paladinlady
2010-06-26, 03:55 PM
yu gi oh thread, please use this thread for any yu gi oh questions you have, please do not use this for flame wars like "yugioh is stupid", thank you.
Well here is a question from me, what is a good build for a zombie deck (I ike cards that lockdown the opponent and swarm).

P.S. I do not have a lot of really rare cards, so please don't say something like 3 doomkaiser dragons.

Fay Graydon
2010-06-26, 04:56 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh thread, please use this thread for any yu gi oh questions you have, please do not use this for flame wars like "yugioh is stupid" or "yugioh is a rip off of pokemon"

Well here is a question from me, what is a good build for a zombie deck (I ike cards that lockdown the opponent and swarm).

P.S. I do not have a lot of really rare cards, so please don't say something like 3 doomkaiser dragons.

well start with 3 Call of the Mummies
Awesome card.
If you have no zombies on the field then you can special summon one.
Then also you want 3 Zombie Worlds which changes ALL monsters on the field and in graves to zombies. and neither player can tribute summon anything bar zombies.
For you thats no trouble as all your monsters are gunna be zombies anyway
but for your opponant you have cut his tributing up to big monsters right down.

also you could go for a syncro build, but id recomend using cards like:
Ryu Kokki (in conjunction with your Call of the Mummy)
Despair from the Dark
Soul absorbing bone tower (be careful not to accidently activate two and thus create a paradox as your not allowed to knowingly create paradox's acording to tourny rules)

But basically build it around being able to special summon from your grave, hand and deck as much as possible.

EDIT:
If you can get hold of any, get 3 "Zombie Madness" Structure decks (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Structure_Deck_2:_Zombie_Madness)
As well as 3 "Zombie World" Structure Decks (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Structure_Deck_15:_Zombie_World)
Having those decks will give you some REALLY good cards for swarming the field with the undead.

Hope this helps ^.^

Mando Knight
2010-06-26, 05:28 PM
"yugioh is a rip off of pokemon"

The card game honestly arose from the mangaka wanting to include Magic the Gathering in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series without paying the license fees. It kinda ate and enslaved the rest of the series afterward.

...And I think now, there's been more revenue generated from the cards than the manga. And now, of course, it's SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I kinda used to play the game, but I've only got around two or three hundred cards, and barely enough good ones to pull off a mediocre spellcaster deck.

Fay Graydon
2010-06-26, 05:38 PM
out of the many hundred cards i used to have I only have Mint condition Exodia.
I used to run a Crystal Beast Deck, A Frog Deck, An Anchent Gear Deck, A Dark Magician Spellcaster Deck, and one more that I can't remeber.

Mando Knight
2010-06-26, 05:43 PM
A Dark Magician Spellcaster Deck,

This, basically, is/was my Caster deck. I'd like a DM Girl for it, but she's rare and expensive, and I don't play the game often or well enough to justify paying no less than ten or fifteen dollars for a single fairly-well-used late-release not-quite-as-shiny card. It did have two or three Dark Magicians, three Skilled Dark Magicians, at least two Royal Magical Libraries, several cards that grant Spell Tokens, and the second Breaker I'd gotten. The first was a lucky gain from a Magician's Force pack, but I traded it off for some other combination of cards...

SparkMandriller
2010-06-26, 06:27 PM
Yugioh's the one that has Vic Viper cards, right? That's pretty cool. I approve.

doliest
2010-06-26, 06:30 PM
I mainly run a spellcaster/dark magician deck. They can actually be pretty good with the right support.

AlterForm
2010-06-26, 07:00 PM
Got a shoebox worth of cards (mostly junkers from early sets) stashed away somewhere.

The deck I usually ran abused DNA Surgery, Goblin King, and Opti-Camouflage Armor. 3 unattackable monsters direct attacking life points directly for 3000+ each. Horribly weak to anything that could run denial or removal, though, I'm sure.

John Cribati
2010-06-26, 09:47 PM
I remember one of my friends' combos: DNA Surgery + Insect Barrier. Ouch every time. He always had a Magic Jammer ready, too, in case I tried to De-Spell.

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-26, 10:27 PM
"yugioh is a rip off of pokemon"

Wait, what? How is it a rip off of Pokemon..?

onasuma
2010-06-27, 04:02 AM
Because both have trading cards. Duh.

Oh and all I really care to remember from this was that Big Koala was awesome.

Lunix Vandal
2010-06-27, 04:47 AM
I've got a Machine/Effect-heavy deck. It's ... okay, I suppose, but I know from experience that Mando Knight's deck will tear it to shreds every time I fail to draw my ideal opening hand. My deck is mostly a Machine Re-Volt structure deck, with a handful of cards from the Zane Truesdale Duelist Boosters (trimmed back down to the 40-card minimum, of course). My "ideal" opener is Stronghold the Moving Fortress, Giant Trunade, Future Fusion, Overload Fusion, a Sakuretsu Armor, and any other Spell/Trap card in my deck (mostly since I currently lack a Fairy Meteor Crush (or similar)). If I'm first, I use Stronghold and Sakuretsu Armor to block damage from any face-up monsters my opponent plays. Then, if I go second (or on my second turn, whichever), I use Trunade to clear out any surprises my opponent has, then Future Fusion to dump all 20 monsters from my deck in favor of Chimeratech Overdragon. (Naturally, since Cyber Dragon is Limited (and furthermore I only have one), drawing the one that's nestled in my deck completely ruins Future Fusion.) I can then use Overload Fusion to short-circuit Future Fusion's 2-turn countdown, bringing out a 16000 or 16800-power Overdragon on my first/second turn. :smalltongue:Naturally, if the stuff in the spoiler fails outright, I'm pretty much dead (and I'm sure veteran players have already thought of a dozen ways to make that happen). If I don't try to pull it off at all, my deck plays much more like a vanilla Machine Re-Volt.

paladinlady
2010-06-27, 06:52 AM

It isn't and this is not a thread for disscusing it, it is an example of things trolls say to start flame was.

Because both have trading cards. Duh.

:smallsigh: Lord of the rings and Star wars both have video games, does that mean they are a rip offs of each other?

Oh and is helpoemer (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Helpoemer) any good for in my zombie deck.

Fay Graydon
2010-06-27, 08:46 AM
Oh and is helpoemer (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Helpoemer) any good for in my zombie deck.

No hun.
You wanna build your Zombie deck around not staying dead at all.
That card's nice yes, but it would be a stand alone card and unless your running a deck that "burns" through your opponent cards... then It wouldn't fit in a zombie swarm deck.
A Zombie deck's strength lies in the whole not staying dead aspect.

Altaria87
2010-06-27, 08:54 AM
Shameless self-advertising! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149000)
So yeah, if you want to try out any Yu-Gi-Oh based fun against a slightly-limited seleciton of other Playgrounders, look no further than out very own PbP Forum :smallbiggrin:.

paladinlady
2010-06-27, 09:03 AM
No hun.
You wanna build your Zombie deck around not staying dead at all.
That card's nice yes, but it would be a stand alone card and unless your running a deck that "burns" through your opponent cards... then It wouldn't fit in a zombie swarm deck.
A Zombie deck's strength lies in the whole not staying dead aspect.

Yeah your right, the reason I was thinking about it was that a friend told me about a OTK that filled the opponents grave with powerful discarded monsters, then used zombie world to make them zombies and finaly summoned doomkaiser dragon/ AM to summon them all, but that is hard to pull off.

P.S. I only have one zombie world since only one comes in the zombie world deck, sadly.

† Dran †
2010-06-27, 09:10 AM
Ahh so many good memories of this game... I use to run a heavy Fiend deck.

How much does a DMG go for these days? I have a mint one at home in my card deck.

Fay Graydon
2010-06-27, 10:04 AM
Yeah your right, the reason I was thinking about it was that a friend told me about a OTK that filled the opponents grave with powerful discarded monsters, then used zombie world to make them zombies and finaly summoned doomkaiser dragon/ AM to summon them all, but that is hard to pull off.

P.S. I only have one zombie world since only one comes in the zombie world deck, sadly.

Well I'd recomened trying to get some mroe hun.

Ahh so many good memories of this game... I use to run a heavy Fiend deck.

How much does a DMG go for these days? I have a mint one at home in my card deck.

A tenner? *shrugs*
most players will pay for mint GOOD cards not mint PRETTY cards.
also depends on which version.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-27, 10:53 AM

It's nonsense. Yu-gi-oh is clearly a ripoff of Solitaire, because they're both printed on pieces of paper!:smallbiggrin:

It's been so long since I played this game...the only deck I can remember was a Shadow Ghoul deck. I also stuck my Relinquished into every deck I built for some reason no matter if it was suitable or not.

paladinlady
2010-06-27, 01:10 PM
I also stuck my Relinquished into every deck I built for some reason no matter if it was suitable or not.

It is a very good card.

Tao the Ninja
2010-06-27, 01:25 PM
It's nonsense. Yu-gi-oh is clearly a ripoff of Solitaire, because they're both printed on pieces of paper!:smallbiggrin:

Solitaire is on peices of paper?:smalltongue:

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-27, 01:36 PM
:smallsigh: Lord of the rings and Star wars both have video games, does that mean they are a rip offs of each other?

I think he was kidding. :smalltongue:

paladinlady
2010-06-27, 01:49 PM
I think he was kidding. :smalltongue:

I know, so was I. :smallwink:

onasuma
2010-06-28, 12:32 PM
Ok guys, heres a challenge. I want to make a koala deck. Alot.

Of course, immediatly this has the issue of the fact there are only 5 (argueably 6) koala cards and of those 2 are in fact japanese promos which are no good to me (despite blood sucking koala being SUPER hard).

So, with Des Koala, Big koala (+master of oz and Des Kanagroo) and Sea Koala in toe what else do I need to make this work?

Mercenary Pen
2010-06-28, 12:57 PM
Ok guys, heres a challenge. I want to make a koala deck. Alot.

Of course, immediatly this has the issue of the fact there are only 5 (argueably 6) koala cards and of those 2 are in fact japanese promos which are no good to me (despite blood sucking koala being SUPER hard).

So, with Des Koala, Big koala (+master of oz and Des Kanagroo) and Sea Koala in toe what else do I need to make this work?

As a start, you might want a copy or two of Ancient Rules as an extra way to get your Big Koalas onto the field- as well as some Normal Monster and Beast-type support (Birthright, Wild Nature's Release and Rescue Cat spring most readily to mind- remember Rescue Cat is limited)

Mando Knight
2010-06-28, 06:17 PM
It is a very good card.

With the right support, anyway (but really, what good card isn't that way?). It messes up most monster-based offenses, but falls just as easily to any effects that kill off monsters and dislikes multi-monster fights where the enemy has multiple monsters that are either buffed (buffs fall off when Relinquished grabs them) or start out at similar power levels.

Fay Graydon
2010-06-29, 08:52 AM
Oooh! New forbidden list allows the use of TWO Treeborn frogs!
I recomend this card to everyone that plays a deck that isnt trab or spell happy
as you can errr I think special summon it if you have no spells or traps at the begining of your turn or in the standby phase.
Giving you a monster to tribute!

Also:
Relinquished + Active Camo armour + The Dark Door = Win :smallbiggrin:

Mercenary Pen
2010-06-29, 10:11 AM
Oooh! New forbidden list allows the use of TWO Treeborn frogs!
I recomend this card to everyone that plays a deck that isnt trab or spell happy
as you can errr I think special summon it if you have no spells or traps at the begining of your turn or in the standby phase.
Giving you a monster to tribute!

Also:
Relinquished + Active Camo armour + The Dark Door = Win :smallbiggrin:

From recent experience with Treeborn, yes in the standby phase as long as you have no back row... My take on the semi-limit of Treeborn is that it should help to combat the current glut of Skill Drain decks by making it easier to support and summon Lv7+ monsters (other than Fusilier Dragon and Beast King Barbaros). Combined with chainable spells and traps such as Rush Recklessly and Threatening Roar, Treeborn may once again make its presence felt...

Mistral
2010-06-29, 10:24 AM
From recent experience with Treeborn, yes in the standby phase as long as you have no back row... My take on the semi-limit of Treeborn is that it should help to combat the current glut of Skill Drain decks by making it easier to support and summon Lv7+ monsters (other than Fusilier Dragon and Beast King Barbaros). Combined with chainable spells and traps such as Rush Recklessly and Threatening Roar, Treeborn may once again make its presence felt...

There's been a glut of Skill Drain lately? I don't follow the metagame very much, but I thought the semi-Limiting of that card hit them pretty hard, and any deck that relies on a single Continuous Trap has always been vulnerable to S/T destruction. It's good anti-meta still, but everything I've heard seems to point to Monarchs being a big killer again this meta, thanks to both Dandylion and Treeborn going up from Limited to Semi. That doesn't even include all of the new Frog support that came out since the last time Treeborn was at Semi or Unlimited. Swap Frog and Substitoad both let you send Treeborn to, respectively, the Graveyard and field, and Ronintoadin can use other Frogs in the Graveyard to turn itself into reusable tribute fodder.

Jimp
2010-06-29, 10:31 AM
I'm currently running a Dinosaurs deck that is doing well but could do with some tweaking and a direct attacker deck that flip-flops between being terrifying and useless. I made some changes to it recently and it edges on terrifying more often but it struggles with certain synchros and decks with a lot of denial traps. There is room for improvement in the deck, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Fay Graydon
2010-07-06, 03:32 PM
I'm currently running a Dinosaurs deck that is doing well but could do with some tweaking and a direct attacker deck that flip-flops between being terrifying and useless. I made some changes to it recently and it edges on terrifying more often but it struggles with certain synchros and decks with a lot of denial traps. There is room for improvement in the deck, I just haven't figured it out yet.

no one plays denyal Trap decks in big tournies as far as I'm aware.
But It utilise the abilities to harm that most dino's seem to posses.
If you got the Dino structure deck I'd play around with some of those cards (I always recomend getting 3 of any structure deck to have max numbers of the cards)

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-06, 05:25 PM

Well, best advice I could give at this stage is to post it up here and people can make suggestions as to improvements... Until I can actually see it, I can't really make much in the way of constructive suggestions...

Tao the Ninja
2010-07-06, 07:11 PM
please give advice on my spell counter/monster destruction deck:

monsters:

Crusader of Endymion
Frequency Magician (probably going to take out for a Magicat)
Apprentice Magician
Dark Magician x2
Night's End Sorceror
Skilled Dark Mgician x3
Mythical Beast Cerberus x2
Maiden of Macabre
Breaker x2
Defender x2
Old Vindictive x2
Gorz
Endymion, Master Magician
Magical Marionette
Magical Exemplar
Chaos Sorceror

spells:

Lightning Vortex x2
Sword of Revealing Light
Nobleman of Crossout
Magical Dimension
Solidarity
Spell Power Grasp
Burden of the Mighty
Mystical Space Typhoon
Mage Power
Tribute to the Doomed x2
Heavy Storm
Magical Citadel of Endymion

traps:

Judgement of Anubis (probably going to take out for stardust/starlight)
Dust Tornado
7 Tools
Call of the Huanted
Trap Hole
Skull Lair
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
Magic Jammer
Raigeki Break x2
Magicians Circle
Sakeretsu Armor x2

extra deck:

Tempest x2
Iron Chain Dragon

(going to add...)
Flamvell Uruquizas
XX-Saber Hyunlei
Brionac
Goyo

All advice appreciated.

Terry576
2010-07-06, 09:12 PM
The cheapest combination I had:

Black Luster Soldier, sacrifice my Valkyrie Warrior (8 Stars), Monster Reborn, Valkyrie Warrior.

2 3500 Atk monsters in two turns.

My Yugioh playing friends never let me play again after that. :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2010-07-06, 11:31 PM
The cheapest combination I had:

Black Luster Soldier, sacrifice my Valkyrie Warrior (8 Stars), Monster Reborn, Valkyrie Warrior.

2 3500 Atk monsters in two turns.

My Yugioh playing friends never let me play again after that. :smalltongue:

Unfortunately, that does not work, since Valkyrion is Nomi, meaning it has to be summoned the proper way before it can be Monster Reborned.
I haven't played YGO in real life for a while (my current deck is a Zombie deck), but I'm rather active in our PbP, which you good people should all join. :smallcool:

One Step Two
2010-07-07, 12:24 AM
Wow, other people out there still play this game? I am shocked. I have my own deck, it's not got any themes I can identify other than being a constant set of bait and counter moves, resilliant monsters and generally being a set of tricky cards that form this odd mish-mash of synergy. I started collecting from the original release of Blue Eyes White Dragon, I have heard that some of the cards aren't legal in some tournament formats, but here it is for anyone who is interested.

I am interested in seeing anyones reactions or opinions on the deck structure.

Monster Cards:

Sinister Serpent
Magician of Faith
Mask of Darkness
Spear Cretin
Dark Cat With White Tail
Time Wizard
Mystic Swordsman LV2
Cyber Jar
Spirit Reaper
Gora Turtle
Night Assailant
Stealth Bird
Des Lacooda
Berserk Gorilla
X-Head Cannon x2
Wall of Illusion
Slate Warrior
Roulette Barrel
Gemini Elf
Mystic Swordsman LV4
Balloon Lizard
Mad Dog of Darkness
Jinzo
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
Great Majy Garzett
Barrel Dragon
Guardian Angel Joan

Spell Cards:

Premature Burial
Poison of the Old Man
Big Bang Shot
Harpies Feather Duster
Axe of Despair
Pot of Greed
Change of Heart
Ekibyo Drakmord
Raigeki
Autonomus Action Unit
Swords of Revealing Light
Monster Reborn
Tailor of the Fickle
Soul Exchange
Fissure
Mystical Space Typhoon

Trap Cards:

Shadow Spell
Covering Fire
Magic Jammer
Enchanted Spear
Sakuretsu Armor
Solemn Wishes
Raigeki Break x2
Call of the Haunted
Needle Wall
Magic Cylinder
Waboku
Seven Tools of the Bandit

There is a side Deck around here for it somewhere, but I don't use it often, I will update when I find it.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-07, 04:24 AM
Wow, other people out there still play this game? I am shocked. I have my own deck, it's not got any themes I can identify other than being a constant set of bait and counter moves, resilliant monsters and generally being a set of tricky cards that form this odd mish-mash of synergy. I started collecting from the original release of Blue Eyes White Dragon, I have heard that some of the cards aren't legal in some tournament formats, but here it is for anyone who is interested.

I am interested in seeing anyones reactions or opinions on the deck structure.

Monster Cards:

Sinister Serpent
Magician of Faith
Mask of Darkness
Spear Cretin
Dark Cat With White Tail
Time Wizard
Mystic Swordsman LV2
Cyber Jar
Spirit Reaper
Gora Turtle
Night Assailant
Stealth Bird
Des Lacooda
Berserk Gorilla
X-Head Cannon x2
Wall of Illusion
Slate Warrior
Roulette Barrel
Gemini Elf
Mystic Swordsman LV4
Balloon Lizard
Mad Dog of Darkness
Jinzo
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
Great Majy Garzett
Barrel Dragon
Guardian Angel Joan

Spell Cards:

Premature Burial
Poison of the Old Man
Big Bang Shot
Harpies Feather Duster
Axe of Despair
Pot of Greed
Change of Heart
Ekibyo Drakmord
Raigeki
Autonomus Action Unit
Swords of Revealing Light
Monster Reborn
Tailor of the Fickle
Soul Exchange
Fissure
Mystical Space Typhoon

Trap Cards:

Shadow Spell
Covering Fire
Magic Jammer
Enchanted Spear
Sakuretsu Armor
Solemn Wishes
Raigeki Break x2
Call of the Haunted
Needle Wall
Magic Cylinder
Waboku
Seven Tools of the Bandit

There is a side Deck around here for it somewhere, but I don't use it often, I will update when I find it.

Well, for a start, the current restricted list for tournaments can be found here (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/March_2010_Lists) though this will change at the beginning of September. Main things that would want removing for advanced format in your case would be Sinister Serpent, Magician of Faith, Cyber Jar, Harpies Feather Duster, Pot of Greed, Change of Heart, Raigeki and Monster Reborn. In traditional format you would be allowed to use one each of the cards I have mentioned as banned, but would be going up against archetypes that use them infinitely better than this deck (having been around long enough that I have played against a Chaos Emperor Dragon- Yata Garasu combo deck when they were still tournament legal). In all honesty, this deck doesn't do very well at anything in particular, instead having little bits of everything and losing the focus that's seen in competitive decks...

For a start, it is now a stage in the existence of the game where- unless you have specific support for them- the normal monsters currently in your deck are a bit of a liability, if only because their presence leaves you with fewer effect options...

Will post up a more effective modern equivalent deck later today, but I have work...

Triaxx
2010-07-07, 05:57 AM
I've always found the best way to play was to assault the opponent's cards to keep them from being able to lay out the super comboes. Just beat down the monsters to get at the life points.

Of course I still run Dark Magician, Summoned Skull, Gaia and Ryu-Ran.

Jimp
2010-07-11, 05:20 PM
Does anyone here use YVD to duel online?