PDA

View Full Version : Feat Value/Brokenness Question

subject42
2010-06-28, 01:43 PM
How do you all feel about the "Roll With It" feat from Savage Species? It adds explicitly stacking DR 2/- and the feat can be taken more than once.

Is that worth it for a PC? If it's worth it, is it too good?

ProfMoriarty
2010-06-28, 02:01 PM
Its good for the early levels 1-4, where it can keep you going through the dungeon all night long.

Around level 10 it's benefits are much less since each attack will deal upwards of 20-30 damage. If you stack multiples of the feat then you start to suffer in other areas. It also doesn't protect against spell/energy damage, which becomes much more common. Above level 10 you'll probably wish you took something else.

Marriclay
2010-06-28, 02:05 PM
Rather than damage reduction, I'd suggest something that gets rid of damage altogether. Trollblooded is a wonderful feat for just that, from Dragon 319 I believe. Gives you Regeneration 1, so that even if the enemy gets you below -10 HP, you can still get up after a while. works even faster if you grab the feat Rapid regeneration from one of the Fiendish Codexes. Can be taken multiple times and every time it increases your regeneration count by 1. With a pair of flaws, a human can have regeneration 3 at first level

Boci
2010-06-28, 02:07 PM
Rather than damage reduction, I'd suggest something that gets rid of damage altogether. Trollblooded is a wonderful feat for just that, from Dragon 319 I believe. Gives you Regeneration 1, so that even if the enemy gets you below -10 HP, you can still get up after a while. works even faster if you grab the feat Rapid regeneration from one of the Fiendish Codexes. Can be taken multiple times and every time it increases your regeneration count by 1. With a pair of flaws, a human can have regeneration 3 at first level

Has anyone got some practical expirience with the feat's balanced-ness?

Marriclay
2010-06-28, 02:11 PM
Has anyone got some practical expirience with the feat's balanced-ness?

As a matter of fact, it's a fairly balanced feat. you are fatigued while out in sunlight, which kills charger builds, and if the DM gets fed up with your Regen he just has to throw a fire or acid monster at you. Hellhounds and pyrohydras work, but an enemy mage can do it with flair at any level