PDA

View Full Version : The last panel of the last comic

DaveMcW
2010-06-29, 01:07 PM
OOTS does indeed have a finite lifespan, however, and I already know what the last panel of the last comic will be, so don't expect it to linger around forever.

My guess is the last panel will be:
Panel 7 from #113 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0113.html), updated with Roy's son and the Xykon doll.

Cizak
2010-06-29, 01:42 PM
Probably not, since Sarah is dead :smallconfused:

Darcy
2010-06-29, 01:59 PM
Probably not, since Sarah is dead :smallconfused:

I assume Roy's son would not be Sarah's son, that's really gross. Maybe it would be Celia instead.

That would be a really classy ending!

Knaight
2010-06-29, 02:11 PM
I assume the update would be Roy's wife telling Roy's son about Roy killing Xykon. Or perhaps one generation past.

T-O-E
2010-06-29, 02:21 PM
You're all wrong. I should know, I've seen into the future.

MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
The last panel will be...

Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Bongos
2010-06-29, 02:25 PM
Nah it's going to be Roy passing on the blood oath to his son the wizard or something.

Procyonpi
2010-06-29, 02:40 PM

This is Epic win. And probably true.

factotum
2010-06-29, 03:54 PM
Nah it's going to be Roy passing on the blood oath to his son the wizard or something.

I seriously doubt that, because if Roy passes the Blood Oath on to *anyone* it means he failed to kill Xykon himself, which would really suck as an ending.

Bongos
2010-06-29, 04:19 PM
I seriously doubt that, because if Roy passes the Blood Oath on to *anyone* it means he failed to kill Xykon himself, which would really suck as an ending.

ah, see, your doubt has made it that much more probable.

Darcy
2010-06-29, 04:26 PM

Preposterous.

Cizak
2010-06-29, 04:40 PM

Heh, mind if I siggy that? :smallsmile:

T-O-E
2010-06-29, 05:07 PM
Heh, mind if I siggy that? :smallsmile:

Not at all. Go ahead.

Katana_Geldar
2010-06-29, 08:14 PM
I want it to be...

Elan and Haley riding off into the sunset

Capt Spanner
2010-06-30, 07:15 AM
Probably:

Elan and Haley, paying respects to the graves of Durkon, Belkar, Roy, Miko and Redcloak while O-Chul offers comforting wisdom and drags the Linear Guild into an inescapable jail.

And then they ride off into the sunset.

super dark33
2010-06-30, 07:57 AM
we know that belkar will probebly die

Itamarcu
2010-06-30, 08:48 AM
Probably:

Elan and Haley, paying respects to the graves of Durkon, Belkar, Roy, Miko and Redcloak while O-Chul offers comforting wisdom and drags the Linear Guild into an inescapable jail.

And then they ride off into the sunset.

Ummm...
If they ride into the sunset, then the spoiler part won't be the last panel. It would be the 2nd-to-last panel.
Just saying.

Yana
2010-07-01, 11:05 PM
There will be no last panel of the last comic, it will be entirely comprised of...

A full page picture of Blackwing with his sombrero and fake mustache/beard.

RE:Insanity
2010-07-17, 11:35 PM
No no, it will all end with
An epilogue featuring Rich Burlew and Gary Gygaxe DMing a game!

Scarlet Knight
2010-07-18, 02:13 AM
Belkar in bed with the Deva, smoking a cigarette, at the "Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands"......

Cizak
2010-07-18, 10:47 AM
Belkar in bed with the Deva, smoking a cigarette, at the "Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands"......

Something tells me Belkar won't be getting into the Lawful Good afterlife...

Bacon Barbarian
2010-07-18, 11:33 AM

Now what on Earth makes you say that?

Dr.Epic
2010-07-18, 08:13 PM
It's going to be an anti-climatic panel in which two characters are joking about how everyone though this panel was going to be some epic memorable panel.

Siosilvar
2010-07-18, 08:33 PM
Now what on Earth makes you say that?

Unless he finds a Helm of Opposite Alignment, Belkar is VERY solidly Chaotic Evil. Absolutely Evil due to in-panel evidence (Miko's Detect Evil). In D&D, Evil people don't go to Good places.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-18, 08:36 PM
Unless he finds a Helm of Opposite Alignment, Belkar is VERY solidly Chaotic Evil. Absolutely Evil due to in-panel evidence (Miko's Detect Evil). In D&D, Evil people don't go to Good places.

Firstly, Miko never got a solid read off his alignment. Second, are you familiar with the uncertainty principle?

zimmerwald1915
2010-07-18, 10:39 PM
Miko never got to detect Belkar's alignment. On the other hand, we could take Belkar's own word for it. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0610.html) He wouldn't lie to his own subconscious, would he?

Killer Angel
2010-07-19, 08:23 AM

I'm (almost) sure that Bacon Barbarian was sarcastic...

TreesOfDeath
2010-07-19, 08:34 AM
A witty way of righting "The End" or "The End, thanks for reading <witty final joke>"

Belsirk
2010-07-19, 03:05 PM

Well... he can go and viist the LG afterlife just for getting fun and taking some "noble" souls ... still the best end or maybe worst he could awaken in middle of FFC

Dr.Epic
2010-07-19, 03:18 PM
A witty way of righting "The End" or "The End, thanks for reading <witty final joke>"

:elan:I'm invisible!

licoot
2010-07-19, 03:21 PM
I think it will end with a scene of Roy secretly praying to a picture of Banjo

snikrept
2010-07-19, 11:45 PM
Redcloak's heirs relating "and that's how we came to rule the world"

... what?

Glass Mouse
2010-07-20, 03:49 AM
Miko never got to detect Belkar's alignment. On the other hand, we could take Belkar's own word for it. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0610.html) He wouldn't lie to his own subconscious, would he?

That would be a pretty awesome lie, considering who he's got fooled (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0489.html).

Witty Username
2010-07-20, 06:13 PM
Staring into nothing and taking a blind guess, enjoy:smallamused:
Xykon slashed to pieces by the snarl, Roy injured in crossfire. Undead Belkar destroyed by Hailey after Killing Elan for xp. Varsuvious and Durkon seal the portal with a new gate, redeeming Varsuvious.
With Xykon's soul destroyed and unable to return to his phylactery Roy takes it as a trophy.

Acero
2010-07-20, 06:23 PM
Durkon's tombstone

Dr.Epic
2010-07-20, 06:24 PM
Durkon's tombstone

Belkar's Church because his death will be a martyrdom and everybodies gonna want to worship the Sexy Shoeless God of War.

rewinn
2010-07-20, 07:13 PM
:elan: "...and kids, that's how I met your mom. Now say your prayers to Banjo, and go to bed."

:mitd: "Aw, can we have one more story?"

:haley: "Let's see how the boxed set sells. You never know!"

KenderWizard
2010-07-20, 10:21 PM
:elan: "...and kids, that's how I met your mom. Now say your prayers to Banjo, and go to bed."

I like that one, it's cute! :smallsmile:

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-21, 01:48 PM
in the last strip(s) of the comic, we back up to see an in-comic characterization of Rich Berlew himself DMing a game with the people who have been playing the characters of the order. Roy is the guy that made a character like himself, Haley is actually a guy, Elan is actually a girl, Durkon I’m not so sure about, V is actually played by a pair of twins (a boy and a girl naturally) and Belkar (was) a hyperactive 12 year old who got kicked out of the game because he refused to behave.

Nimrod's Son
2010-07-21, 01:58 PM
in the last strip(s) of the comic, we back up to see an in-comic characterization of Rich Berlew himself DMing a game with the people who have been playing the characters of the order. Roy is the guy that made a character like himself, Haley is actually a guy, Elan is actually a girl, Durkon I’m not so sure about, V is actually played by a pair of twins (a boy and a girl naturally) and Belkar (was) a hyperactive 12 year old who got kicked out of the game because he refused to behave.
And then in the very last panel, Rich wakes up AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

Goosebumps.

Acero
2010-07-21, 02:05 PM

Like in the show How I Met Your Mother?

King of Nowhere
2010-07-21, 04:52 PM
An aged hinjo in the throneroom before a group of adventurers saying "and now you know the secret lore of the sticky guard"

On a totally unrelated thing, after more than two years in this forum I firstly noticed the icon to make spoiler. Before, I always used the "quote" and then manually substituted "quote" with "spoiler" :smallbiggrin: Let's hang around in the forum for another couple of years, maybe I'll learn how to use the search button :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-07-21, 05:14 PM

I was gonna point that out. Just more proof that Neil Patrick Harris should play Elan if Rich ever goes Hollywood with oots.

Cizak
2010-07-21, 06:04 PM

That's the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw that post :smalltongue:

I was gonna point that out. Just more proof that Neil Patrick Harris should play Elan if Rich ever goes Hollywood with oots.

NPH... as Elan?

I've never known it until now but I've always dreamed of that!!

Acero
2010-07-21, 07:06 PM
NPH... as Elan?

I've never known it until now but I've always dreamed of that!!

I think there's a club of people who share such a dream. (not a big fan myself)

LuPuWei
2010-07-22, 01:21 AM
NPH seems more the Nale type...which would make him Elan...hmmmm

denthor
2013-03-03, 09:32 PM

Bumper sticker wisdom has a quible with your above statement:

Comment in spoilerer due to possible offensive nature.

Good girls get to go to heaven. Bad girls get to go everywhere

LibraryOgre
2013-03-03, 09:56 PM
The Mod Wonder: "Where's thread?"
"Thread's dead, man. Thread's dead."