PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Feat for Factotum

KitTheOdd
2010-07-05, 12:50 AM
I'm wondering about the benefits and problems associated with a feat like this:

Cunning Twitch
Prerequisites: Opportunistic Piety class feature
By spending 2 inspiration points you can take an extra swift or move action on your turn. This can only be used once per round.

Obviously it is modeled on Cunning Surge. I think the IP cost is about right, since a standard action is generally worth more than a swift or move action, but 1 IP for an extra action is too little. The limitation on uses per round is to remove one of the big complaints about Cunning Surge.

The prereq is to allow it no earlier than 6th level, which I feel is the right place for it. Would BAB or some other requirement be better?

I've looked for something like this and haven't found anything. It seems pretty fair to me, but I'd like criticism (constructive at any rate).

The Mentalist
2010-07-05, 08:15 AM
Is there any way for a Factotum to use swift actions really?

vampire2948
2010-07-05, 08:39 AM
Is there any way for a Factotum to use swift actions really?

There're some swift action spells that the factotum might have prepared. Nothing much beyond this.. though..

KitTheOdd
2010-07-07, 07:29 AM
Well, it would be more useful to a multiclass factotum, especially a ToB multiclass.

Does that make it a bad idea, unbalanced, or just not as useful for a singleclass factotum?

jiriku
2010-07-07, 09:38 AM
I can think of many, many, many items in the MiC that require a swift or move action to activate. I think the feat is merely situational. It's far from useless in the right build/gear setup.