PDA

View Full Version : Arkensaw Arken Saw Arken pliers

derfenrirwolv
2010-07-05, 08:31 PM
I can't believe it took me that long to get the pun.. .if that is indeed the pun?

Any idea what state parson is from?

So is erfworld just what happens when parsons brain crumbles around him and is running on UV fluid, puns, gaming simulations, and probably a fair bit of morphine?

Leecros
2010-07-05, 10:42 PM
So is erfworld just what happens when parsons brain crumbles around him and is running on UV fluid, puns, gaming simulations, and probably a fair bit of morphine?

if you want to go with the theory that Parson is in a coma, sure...

Kris Strife
2010-07-06, 07:25 AM
Except we know he vanished from the real world and that his gaming group was calling dibs on his dice.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-06, 12:50 PM
Except we know he vanished from the real world and that his gaming group was calling dibs on his dice.

That may be what we have seen, but we have no guaranteed way of telling that this wasn't also part of a delusion on the part of Parson.

Leecros
2010-07-06, 01:31 PM
That may be what we have seen, but we have no guaranteed way of telling that this wasn't also part of a delusion on the part of Parson.

out of body experience?

otherwise he wouldn't have seen anything of what happened after he 'disappeared'

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-06, 04:10 PM
out of body experience?

otherwise he wouldn't have seen anything of what happened after he 'disappeared'

If it was a delusion he could have seen it.

Doomboy911
2010-07-07, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't his friends have woken him up or taken him to the hospital by now.
And if he was in a coma why can't he just snap his fingers make himself god and rule all of erfworld.

derfenrirwolv
2010-07-07, 12:44 PM
Wouldn't his friends have woken him up or taken him to the hospital by now.
And if he was in a coma why can't he just snap his fingers make himself god and rule all of erfworld.

Only if he was a lucid dreamer.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-07, 01:41 PM

That could only happen if he knew he was dreaming, which I think we can safely day he doesn't...

T-O-E
2010-07-07, 03:19 PM
I hope it doesn't turn out he's in a coma or something. It's a lazy plot twist that's been done thousands of times before, and I bet most readers will have already considered it before discarding it for being too cliched.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-07, 05:32 PM
I hope it doesn't turn out he's in a coma or something. It's a lazy plot twist that's been done thousands of times before, and I bet most readers will have already considered it before discarding it for being too cliched.

Instead, let's say that one of his friends is in a coma imagining all of this... I mean, strange things happen in dreams, right?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-07, 07:26 PM

You're right, let's make the coma theory a bit less cliched....

All the time he spent in the real world was just the hallucination of a coma he suffered a mere turn after popping! The coma's already done, and by the end of the series he will suffer another and return to the real world!

Yeah, that's less cliched. :smalltongue:

Leecros
2010-07-08, 12:19 PM
You're right, let's make the coma theory a bit less cliched....

All the time he spent in the real world was just the hallucination of a coma he suffered a mere turn after popping! The coma's already done, and by the end of the series he will suffer another and return to the real world!

Yeah, that's less cliched. :smalltongue:

...:smalleek:

i think a small part of me just died today