PDA

View Full Version : Movie identification needed - Desperately!

cleric_of_BANJO
2010-07-06, 09:29 PM
Okay, so I'm not entirely sure that I've forgotten the movie, but all I remember right now is one isolated line, and I can't place which movie I saw it from. The line is something along the lines of:

narrator/storyteller: "Have you ever been in a room, with no windows, that's not tall enough to stand up in, and not wide enough to lie down?"

I have no idea about the context, but, for all I know, it could be from a movie I do remember, and simply that I've forgotten that that scene was in that movie. Fellow Playgrounders, I leave the rest to you.

_Zoot_
2010-07-06, 09:53 PM
Well, Googling that line just comes up with this thread, so I can't help. =P

mikeejimbo
2010-07-06, 09:55 PM
Sounds kinda like the premise of a Twilight Zone episode or two.

Knaight
2010-07-06, 11:04 PM
The concept is very common. Can you roughly describe the narrators voice, and the tone of that statement?

cleric_of_BANJO
2010-07-08, 10:20 AM
Well, the narrator's voice was definitely a man's voice. His voice was deep, and very calm. I don't think he was the narrator of the movie though; he might have just been talking to another character.

hamishspence
2010-07-08, 10:22 AM
Might it have been in something like Cool Hand Luke?

Tiger Duck
2010-07-08, 11:14 AM
I remember that line from somewhere, but I don't know sorry.

Gryffon
2010-07-08, 12:25 PM
Haven't been able to find a movie with this in it yet. But it is eerily similar to a quote about the conditions of farm-bred animals.

"Imagine living your life in a small, filthy cage constantly in pain, unable to stand or lie down comfortably. After months of agony, your torture finally ends, but not at the slaughterhouse. Instead, two gentle hands reach down to lift you out of the darkness, and bring you to a safe, loving place. For the first time, you can stretch your wings and legs and feel soft straw and cool grass beneath your feet."

Crimmy
2010-07-08, 01:56 PM
Okay, so I'm not entirely sure that I've forgotten the movie, but all I remember right now is one isolated line, and I can't place which movie I saw it from. The line is something along the lines of:

narrator/storyteller: "Have you ever been in a room, with no windows, that's not tall enough to stand up in, and not wide enough to lie down?"

I have no idea about the context, but, for all I know, it could be from a movie I do remember, and simply that I've forgotten that that scene was in that movie. Fellow Playgrounders, I leave the rest to you.

It was not a man's voice. It was a woman's voice, and it is in Ocean's Twelve.
It's when Linus Caldwell's mom is interrogating Linus, in the police station where everybody else is being held.

dehro
2010-07-08, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen it although I can't really place it...
I seem to remember it's some holding cell.. a "hole" of some description... the cell the evil prison guv'nor puts the hero in isolation in for whatever act of non-compliance

cleric_of_BANJO
2010-07-08, 05:47 PM
It was not a man's voice. It was a woman's voice, and it is in Ocean's Twelve.
It's when Linus Caldwell's mom is interrogating Linus, in the police station where everybody else is being held.

That's it! Thank you, that's been bugging me for months.