PDA

View Full Version : [Star Wars Saga Edition] Multiclassing and Lightsaber Building

Woot Spitum
2010-07-07, 12:10 AM
I'm playing a Scoundrel 4/Jedi 3 in a Saga Edition game with the intention of eventually taking levels in the Jedi Knight prestige class. One of the prerequisites is constructing my own lightsaber. Unfortunately, the rulebook seems to have conflicting rules on when this is possible.

The section on building a lightsaber states that you need 7 heroic levels and the Force Sensitivity and Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers) feats. On the other hand, the table detailing jedi class features adds this ability at 7th level.

Is there any official errata clarifying this? If not how would you interpret it?

Plactus
2010-07-07, 12:13 AM
I'm playing a Scoundrel 4/Jedi 3 in a Saga Edition game with the intention of eventually taking levels in the Jedi Knight prestige class. One of the prerequisites is constructing my own lightsaber. Unfortunately, the rulebook seems to have conflicting rules on when this is possible.

The section on building a lightsaber states that you need 7 heroic levels and the Force Sensitivity and Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers) feats. On the other hand, the table detailing jedi class features adds this ability at 7th level.

Is there any official errata clarifying this? If not how would you interpret it?

Unfortunately, the Wizards SW site is gone, but I seem to remember an official ruling that any 7th level character could make a lightsaber, and the entry on the Jedi class table was just there as a reminder.

Kiero
2010-07-07, 05:00 AM
It's only 7 heroic levels, that a Jedi has an ability to build them at 7th level is because they also have...seven heroic levels.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-07, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately, the Wizards SW site is gone, but I seem to remember an official ruling that any 7th level character could make a lightsaber, and the entry on the Jedi class table was just there as a reminder.

This is correct. The table entry is mostly just a quick reference/reminder. Any 7th level character can build their own lightsaber provided they can meet the requirements to do so.

IdleMuse
2010-07-07, 08:39 AM
Yes, the rule of text>table wins here; and intentionally so, like said above, the table entry is just a reminder; the actual rule is in the sidebar on p40, where it clearly states you need seven heroic levels, not jedi levels.

Also, make sure you check out Jedi Academy Sourcebook for a wealth of extra options regards lightsaber self-construction.

2010-07-07, 09:07 AM
I'm playing a Scoundrel 4/Jedi 3 in a Saga Edition game with the intention of eventually taking levels in the Jedi Knight prestige class.

Are you Kyle Katarn? If not, why not?