Shelter in darkness
Apprentice, Infinite embrace
Level/School: 4th/Abjuration
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw Will negates (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)

If light is the basis of distinction, disparity and discern, darkness is the basis of nondiscrimination.

Subject of this mystery is immune to effects dependent on character alignment like Sentence or Blasphemy spells, angels protective aura or paladin smite ability.

Accept all
Level/School: 5th/Enchantment
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw Will negates (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)

Darkness is a source that holds all things within it, and is tremendously broad-minded.

Subject of this mystery is rendered immune to pain and fear effects, he can ignore effects of negative emotions effects like Crushing despair. If subject is vulnerable to some kind of energy (like fire subtype creatures being vulnerable to cold) this vulnerability is nullified as long as Accept all is active.

Abyss of acceptance
Level/School: 6th/Transmutation
Range: Personal
Target: Self
Duration: 1 round/level or until discharges

And this broad-mindedness becomes a power that takes in all opposites such as good and evil, strength and weakness, self and others, etc

When abyss of acceptance is used caster designates another initiate or apprentice level mystery. He receives insight bonus to saving throws, armor class, attack and damage rolls, gains damage reduction/magic equal to sacrificed mystery level and enchantment bonus to speed +5 ft per designated mystery level.
Designated mystery is not lost however. It can be used as long as Abyss of acceptance is active it can be discharged as swift action with caster level reduced by 4.
Abyss of acceptance can be also used to counterspell just like arcane Greater dispell magic but only for effects that target or at least affect Abyss of acceptance user of level no higher than 6th. In this case countered spell becomes designated spell and Abyss of acceptance power is based on conterspelled magic level.

PS:I also would like to add ability to consume master level mysteries or counter up to 8th level spells and mysteries if used with conjuration with Heightened mystery from Descent of Shadows, but I'm not sure if this won't make it to complicated.

Eldan
2010-07-07, 04:42 AM
Let's see.

These seem to lack casting times. I should learn to read, they are mysteries.

The first one should probably read "dependent on character alignment".

In the second, you should define vulnerability (or is that a clearly defined game term? I'm not sure). I assume you mean things like the fire subtypes vulnerability to cold, but I could see a player argue things like an undead's vulnerability to positive. Not that a DM would allow it, but just to make sure.

Otherwise, I'm not sure about balance, honestly.

Ophiel
2010-07-08, 05:22 AM
First I wanted to create arcane spell but then decided to make shadow magic path instead. It's quite hard to balance everything, and probably Abyss of acceptance is too powerful.

Also I could use an idea for path mastery feat like the ones made by Realms of Chaos in his Descent of shadows (here to be precise (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4063687&postcount=25))