PDA

View Full Version : Multi-quote is back! Thanks, Mods!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-07-08, 09:06 AM
Just noticed that the Multi-quote function is back! Thank you guys so much! This makes everything much easier. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-07-08, 09:11 AM
Horly carp, so it is! I take back everything I ever said about you, mods, you rock!

Comet
2010-07-08, 09:12 AM
I seriously thought I was being loony/stupid when I saw it a couple minutes ago. Yay, progress!

Lord Loss
2010-07-08, 09:14 AM
Also, you can only see the multiquote button if you're logged in.

AgentPaper
2010-07-08, 09:15 AM
Just noticed that the Multi-quote function is back! Thank you guys so much! This makes everything much easier. :smallbiggrin:

Horly carp, so it is! I take back everything I ever said about you, mods, you rock!

I seriously thought I was being loony/stupid when I saw it a couple minutes ago. Yay, progress!

I agree with these sentiments.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-07-08, 09:24 AM

I see what you did thar.

But seriously? Great stuff.

Renegade Paladin
2010-07-08, 09:28 AM
Hardly matters; you can only post if you're logged in. :smalltongue:

And trying to post to this thread a moment ago crashed Firefox. :smallconfused:

Fortuna
2010-07-08, 09:34 AM

I see what you did thar.

Simply and plainly, for the sheer joy of multiquoting. Although I do hope that the same thing doesn't happen here that did in the spoiler button thread.

Gamerlord
2010-07-08, 09:42 AM
Wow, whats next?

Feels like the tf2 engie update. nothing but pure joy and a wonder about what is next!

horngeek
2010-07-08, 09:43 AM

I see what you did thar.

Simply and plainly, for the sheer joy of multiquoting. Although I do hope that the same thing doesn't happen here that did in the spoiler button thread.

Wow, whats next?

Feels like the tf2 engie update. nothing but pure joy and a wonder about what is next!

Yes! Score!

DragoonWraith
2010-07-08, 09:47 AM
Happiness! Thank you, everyone responsible! Yay!

Irbis
2010-07-08, 09:56 AM

Do you know the joke about Rabbi and a Goat? :smallamused:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-07-08, 09:57 AM

No. Tell me! :smallbiggrin:

MikelaC1
2010-07-08, 10:13 AM
For us technologically challenged people, how does it work?

Jallorn
2010-07-08, 10:14 AM
Yes! Score!

Wow, whats next?

I see what you did thar.

From the bottom up guys, cheers.*

*There is no content of any real value to this post that was thought up by the poster, Jallorn.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-08, 10:15 AM
In the corner of each post you'll now see a little " symbol with a plus sign next to it. Click on it on all the posts you want to quote, then click reply. Voila.

@^: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bN9se-ul_aE/SsfH3bSRbhI/AAAAAAAACAA/HUoMTwFcjh0/s400/graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg

Serpentine
2010-07-08, 10:15 AM
When going through a thread, you click the little quotation marks on the right hand corner of any posts you want to quote. When it's selected it turns green and a little minus sign appears where the plus is. Clicking it again deselects it. When you get to the end of the thread, you click "Reply", and all the posts will be quoted there.
Apparently if you have multiquote from multiple threads they all end up in the same reply or something, so watch out for that.

Raz_Fox
2010-07-08, 10:18 AM

I see what you did thar.

Wow, whats next?

Yes! Score!

MWAHAHA UNLIMITED QUOTING POWAH

Seriously, thank you, Mods. This will be a very useful tool, I'm sure. So... many... uses!

Archonic Energy
2010-07-08, 10:18 AM

When going through a thread, you click the little quotation marks on the right hand corner of any posts you want to quote. When it's selected it turns green and a little minus sign appears where the plus is. Clicking it again deselects it. When you get to the end of the thread, you click "Reply", and all the posts will be quoted there.
Apparently if you have multiquote from multiple threads they all end up in the same reply or something, so watch out for that.

that's how it works,

Also this will be the only time i abuse the newly returned multiquote for fun...

though i may use it for time saving!

Cobalt
2010-07-08, 10:54 AM
@^: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bN9se-ul_aE/SsfH3bSRbhI/AAAAAAAACAA/HUoMTwFcjh0/s400/graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg

no

Wow, whats next?

Yes! Score!

No. Tell me! :smallbiggrin:

From the bottom up guys, cheers.*

*There is no content of any real value to this post that was thought up by the poster, Jallorn.

MWAHAHA UNLIMITED QUOTING POWAH

Seriously, thank you, Mods. This will be a very useful tool, I'm sure. So... many... uses!

that's how it works,

Also this will be the only time i abuse the newly returned multiquote for fun...

though i may use it for time saving!

:smallcool:

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 10:56 AM
If you open multiple tabs can you multiquote multiple threads?

Woo new toys :smallbiggrin:

Lady Tialait
2010-07-08, 10:59 AM
With great tools comes great responsibility.

Also, thanks whoever did this, you are now worthy of one free internets, redeemable at all places that sells them.

Mando Knight
2010-07-08, 11:11 AM

Wow, whats next?

Rawhide is credit to team!

Zeta Kai
2010-07-08, 11:54 AM

Okay, I've tested it, & it works quickly & easily. Awesome. Now I don't have to rely on copypasta to address multiple questions.

So, as an ungrateful forumite, what/when is our next goody? :smallwink:

Siosilvar
2010-07-08, 11:58 AM

Yes, actually. There's a little thing at the bottom that reads "You have selected 2 post(s) that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts."

Temotei
2010-07-08, 12:04 PM
Yes, actually. There's a little thing at the bottom that reads "You have selected 2 post(s) that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts."

Awesome. That will be much quicker than clicking "Quote," copying, moving over to the other thread, quoting, pasting, then replying. It's just " + " = Profit. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2010-07-08, 12:17 PM
I've never seen this function!

In the corner of each post you'll now see a little " symbol with a plus sign next to it. Click on it on all the posts you want to quote, then click reply. Voila.

I say, that is fascinating!

Scorpina
2010-07-08, 12:31 PM
My Ctrl, C and V keys all thank you.

Cealocanth
2010-07-08, 12:36 PM
For someone who wasn't here when it was here, this new button is pretty cool. Much thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Defiant
2010-07-08, 12:37 PM
Hurray! :smallsmile:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-07-08, 12:37 PM
Giant have mercy on us all. Next we'll have three hundred page threads and a terrible darkness will spread across the Playground.

Or something not-horrible might happen. It might just be a return to the Golden Age of Functions. Not everything is apocolyptic.

Temotei
2010-07-08, 12:53 PM
Not everything is apocolyptic.

In the words of Fax, Lithium Einsteinium. :smallamused:

Gorgondantess
2010-07-08, 01:10 PM
Wow, all these new functions... seems like only yesterday the Members List was restored.:smallcool:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-08, 01:42 PM
Holy balls dudes, I totally just looked down by the quote buttons and was like "Why's that little plus sign there" and I hovered over it and it said "Click to multiquote" and now I need new pants.

Defiant
2010-07-08, 02:20 PM
Holy balls dudes, I totally just looked down by the quote buttons and was like "Why's that little plus sign there" and I hovered over it and it said "Click to multiquote" and now I need new pants.

LIAR! :smallfurious:

It says "Multi-Quote This Message"!

Why do you spread your lies on our fair board? :smallfurious:

Lady Tialait
2010-07-08, 02:21 PM

Wow, I just quoted a whole arguement. I love it.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-08, 02:44 PM

Giant have mercy on us all. Next we'll have three hundred page threads and a terrible darkness will spread across the Playground.

Or something not-horrible might happen. It might just be a return to the Golden Age of Functions. Not everything is apocolyptic.
Yep and I hope for thar latter.

Strawberries
2010-07-08, 03:01 PM
Ooh, that's what that little sign was for!
Thank you so much! You rock! :smallbiggrin:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-08, 03:11 PM

Paraphrasation, fool.

I KNOW, INNIT GREAT?! Now we need to figure out how to combine multiquotes and nested spoilers to break everything forever! BWAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAH-cough-HHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Gamerlord
2010-07-08, 03:32 PM
This should also make some PbPs much easier :smallbiggrin: !

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-08, 04:01 PM
Yes! Hahah!

Volthawk
2010-07-08, 04:36 PM
Wow, all these new functions... seems like only yesterday the Members List was restored.:smallcool:

Oh yeah. It is! Thanks for letting me know.

Defiant
2010-07-08, 07:39 PM
Paraphrasation, fool.

Paraphrasing denies the use of quotation marks, as they imply a specific quote. The only case where quotation marks are allowable in a paraphrase is if it is mentioned beforehand.

Your lies will be brought to justice! :smallfurious:

Zeful
2010-07-08, 08:18 PM
I wonder if it works across pages?

By that I mean. If I multiquote my own post, go back to the first page and multiquote the first post there, and hit the reply button will it quote both posts?

Tar Palantir
2010-07-08, 08:44 PM

By that I mean. If I multiquote my own post, go back to the first page and multiquote the first post there, and hit the reply button will it quote both posts?

Yes it does. Also, yay multiquote!

Defiant
2010-07-08, 08:51 PM

It also works across threads.

So, I noticed I can access the Members List again, which I don't think was intentional on the part of the admins. If it is, ignore this, but if it's not, you might want to fix it.

:smallsmile:

PirateMonk
2010-07-08, 09:14 PM
Awesome.

So, as an ungrateful forumite, what/when is our next goody? :smallwink:

Polls, maybe? Quick reply?

Superglucose
2010-07-08, 09:23 PM
memberlist too so no more random PMs from SuperGlucos!

Inhuman Bot
2010-07-08, 09:49 PM

Even the good things? :smalltongue:

bluewind95
2010-07-08, 10:14 PM
I love you, mods. All of you.

Recaiden
2010-07-09, 12:28 AM

Hmmm. This adds a significant amount of liking to the mix.

Haruki-kun
2010-07-09, 01:05 AM
AWESOME! It's been like three years! I'm gonna cry!

Thank you, mods! THANK YOU! :smallbiggrin:

skywalker
2010-07-09, 01:17 AM
My Ctrl, C and V keys all thank you.

I used multi-quote for this post, my keys were sad they got left out...

Even the good things? :smalltongue:

Well, duh!

This post was actually surprisingly easier. I remember seeing the thread title "multi-quote is back," and then seeing the button and thinking "huttah? Oh, multi-quote... Meh." Then I continued to *ctrl-x, ctrl-v* my way through a couple threads. But this... This changes everything!

Killer Angel
2010-07-09, 02:35 AM
...and now, I'll be addicted to a new tech comfort. :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2010-07-09, 11:30 PM
Sweetness! :smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-10, 12:30 AM
Polls, maybe? Quick reply?I wouldn't count on polls ever coming back, honestly. I don't know the nuts and bolts of it, but I can see how those would be a serious drain on the server.

KilltheToy
2010-07-10, 12:42 AM
Hurray! :smallsmile:

Awesome :smallbiggrin:.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-10, 12:45 AM
Quick reply is lame. They have it on Bolter and Chainsword, and I see no point.

Also, polls never went away - they're just not for public use.

Serpentine
2010-07-10, 06:32 AM
Even the good things? :smalltongue:Especially the good things! Wait...

I miss the polls so much :smallfrown: They're just so damnably useful and fun.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-10, 01:29 PM
Polls can still be had. They just require moderator intervention in order to keep the silliness at bay. For example, there was a recent attempt to start a GitP book club and a poll was started to choose which book was going to be the next one read and discussed.

I'm not sure what criteria the moderator staff are looking for to start a poll, but if you've got an idea for a useful one, it couldn't hurt to run it by them, right?

Deth Muncher
2010-07-10, 02:52 PM
Polls can still be had. They just require moderator intervention in order to keep the silliness at bay. For example, there was a recent attempt to start a GitP book club and a poll was started to choose which book was going to be the next one read and discussed.

I'm not sure what criteria the moderator staff are looking for to start a poll, but if you've got an idea for a useful one, it couldn't hurt to run it by them, right?

It's pretty much if you can argue your case well enough, and if they actually read your request. They get boatloads of PMs (or at least Roland does), so they might miss it.

Roland St. Jude
2010-07-10, 04:12 PM
Sheriff: This thread stopped being about Multi-Quote a page ago. Locked.