PDA

View Full Version : Modern Metropolis[V;tm]-IC

Zombiesomg
2010-07-11, 01:56 AM
Most glorious night!
Thou wert not sent for slumber!
~Lord Byron, Childe Harold

Vancouver
It's almost 4 AM and the Skytrain station is dead quite. The silence is broken as a train enters, the soft purr of the engine followed by the screeching from the application of the brakes. Soon silence is returned as it stops, loud clicks from stiletto heels break the silence of the station again as an asian woman steps off one of the train's carriages. Dressed in a purple Zara turtleneck with black tights and a leather waist belt, she gives off a chic vibe. She looks around in both directions before heading off towards the exit. Just as she reaches the doors she spots her own reflection in a window. Walking over, she leans in to inspect her own visage.

Turns her head to the left and then to the right, the woman critically analyzes herself from every angle. Her hair was styled in a short black bobcut with yellow streaks that complimented her slim face. Her eyes weren't large, as typical for an Asian person, but they had an exotic look. This look was enhanced by the deliberate eyeliner and mascara to make them into cat eyes. However the most enchanting, although perhaps unsettling, part was her irises. They are a jet black, not a dark brown but a solid dark shade of black . A short pout follows her inspection, she rummages her hand purse before pulling out lipstick. Applying a layer of the deep crimson onto her lips, she spontaneously starts humming some new catchy pop song she heard at the club. The woman puckers her lips after she finishes, content with her look she smiles and starts walking out of the station again. Before she can a figure slinks out of the shadow. A hand grabs her shoulder and spins her to face it.

The figure is a man. The man is quite thin and sports one of those sterotypical skater boy looks. The usual tuque, t-shirt, and baggy jeans while carrying a deck. Accompanying his look the man had a very unsavory look on him. One look at the dilated pupils and sweat on his forehead combined with his shaking identified him as a junkie. Maybe he was on heroin or cocaine, it didn't matter. He had a switch blade brandished in an intimidating manner towards the woman's stomach. He starts to make some sort of a demand before he is abruptly cut off.

A soft thud can be heard as the woman's fist pummels the junkie a bit off center of his nose. Before the junkie can react properly another straight fist connects square onto his nose this time, producing a satisfying crack as it does. The junkie get sprawled flat onto his ass, one of his hands holding his nose to try and stop the flow of blood while the other shakily bares the knife. The woman frowns looking at the fresh blood on her fist. To fast for the junkie to react, she kicks the knife out of his grip and curb stomps him in the chest in one fluid motion. The heels dig into flesh and the junkie curls up into a ball from the pain. The woman squats down and wipes the blood on her fist onto the junkies t-shirt. Standing up she kicks off her sullied heels and tosses them into a garbage can. She gives one last loathing look before leaving the man on the ground.

Vivian needed to go scrub the blood from her hands as soon as possible. Guests where coming soon, and her sire had always said 'first impressions are important since you only get one'. Well, before she staked and burned him at least. She started humming that song in her head again, thinking about how stupidly infectious pop songs were now days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Orange County, LA
Rui pulls into the parking lot with his motorcycle. He takes off his helmet and dismounting, quickly stretching out his shoulders and stripping off his biking leathers. Rui pats his bike one last time affectionately and lays his coat on the bike, it had served him well for the past few years.Intentionally leaving the keys in the ignition, someone else could find it and keep it. He starts rambling slowly towards the meeting spot, dressed in nothing but a-shirt that showed of his muscular bulk and jeans. The meeting spot wasn't anything special, just a random beach by the Pacific Coast Highway a bit down from the Seapoint Ave. It was however the last of LA he was going to see of, a bittersweet event. LA was his home for quite some time now while he couldn't bring himself to not loathe the place, he also would miss it after he left.

No one else had arrived yet so he took the liberty of just relaxing for a bit, flipping out a cigarette and lighter. He took his time lighting it and taking a deep tug from it. The damned things didn't have any taste in undeath but even when your dead smoking is a hard habit to break, not to mention it still somehow calmed his nerves. There would be a lot to do later so he might as well take some well needed time off.

Hemnon
2010-07-11, 03:46 AM
a fancy Aston martin pulls into the drive way. it stops a few feet away from the bike and a beautiful woman, in a red tightly fitted dress and high heels steps out of the backseat of the car. she is unlike any vampire ever seen, her skin is not dead pale at all but looks almost like regular human colored skin. Her eyes green eyes are, to say it in one word, Enchanting.

she wents to the driverseat window and starts talking to the driver
''hey scott, could you please wait here for a minute?'' she asked him

''sure, miss celine'' scott answered

''by the way scott, could you hand me the key to the vancouver house? its in the glove compartment''

scott opened the compartment, found the key and handed it to her.

celine turns towards the guy in the T-shirt, and starts walking towards him.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-11, 11:28 AM
As soon as Rui sees Celine approaching from the lot he starts waving his hand in a large motion to attract her attention.

A large grin cracks Rui's face as she approaches. You couldn't describe him as handsome, perhaps buff but he had a friendly dumb look. Like one of those bears that do tricks at circuses, it could probably maul you but instead its doing a stupid dance for you. Blowing out one last smoke ring, Rui pulls his cigarette out of his mouth and flicks it onto the beach.

"How are you today my lovely lady? I must say you look charming tonight." Rui pauses and glances out into the ocean. Before you can get a response in he turns back, "You ready for the big day?"

Hemnon
2010-07-11, 11:52 AM
Celine smiles at Rui's Flattering, and then she asks:
''Thanks so much, and yeah im ready for it, got my stuff in the car...'' she noded towards the car ''... and i hope you mean the big 'Night', hehe im a night person'' she said and throws him a charming smile.

LongVin
2010-07-11, 12:04 PM
Dr. Vittorio Grimaldi

A few moments after Celine had arrived another car pulls up and parks near the meeting location. The doctor looks around noticing a muscular man and a woman conversing. There was no one else present and he didn't know if anyone else was coming. Well, no point in just sitting here.

Getting out of the car he approaches the other two kindred wondering what this was all about.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-11, 12:07 PM
Rui smiles at her joke,"You should bring it down to the beach now." Rui thows a glance at the car, and squints. A frown overcomes it as he spots the silhouette in the car and he balls his knuckles up. "Want me to kill the ghoul? We can't take him with us and it is easier to tie up loose ends that way."

The man doesn't seem to notice Vittorio at all, to engrossed in his conversation with the woman.

Hemnon
2010-07-11, 12:14 PM
her face fills up with fear and anger at rui's question.

''are you nuts!!?? he is my sire's Goul, and he is to return the car to maximillian in 3 days.''

she walks away from Rui, over to the aston martin:

''hey scott? could you open the trunk for me please...''

''sure miss celine...'' scott answered from inside the car, a few seconds later the familiar sound of an opened trunk echoes out into the air.

celine picks up a rather large traveling bag, on wheels, and closes the trunk after her and heads up to scotts window again.

''thanks scott, remember to say thanks to max from me, oki?'' celine said and leans in trough the window and kisses his cheek.

after a 10 seconds or so, scott has composed himself and says: ''of course miss celine, have a nice trip. ''

celine winks, as the aston martin drives away.

as she hears another car, she turns around slightly, in an atempt to sense who the new person is, human or kindred...

LongVin
2010-07-11, 12:28 PM
Vittorio stops a few feet away from the other two before speaking "Good evening to you both" he says in a rather thick Italian accent and gives a slight nod to both vampires.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-11, 12:36 PM
"How is it going Vittorio? Bring all your stuff?" Rui looks around to see if anyone else had arrived yet then looks back at the beach. He was getting rather impatient but he didn't let that show. "Just two more people need to show up, Edwin and Jason."

LongVin
2010-07-11, 12:41 PM
"I am doing fine, Rui. And you? Vittorio removes from his car a large suitcase, a laptop bag and a medical bag.

Hemnon
2010-07-11, 12:47 PM
as Celine sees the new guy she walk back the Rui, but she is still looking sour at him ''oh, hello there'' she said to the new guy, and sends him a dazzling smile.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-11, 12:49 PM
"Good, very well in fact. I'm happy, we're leaving this place soon." While Rui says he is content, his tone of voice doesn't reflect that. Something looks like its on heavy on his mind. "Just so you guys know, the trip to Vancouver isn't going to be pleasant. We gotta get in sneakily, can't be seen. A group of what, 5 vampires? Traveling in a pack upstate is sure to draw attention." He seems to ponder something before continuing with a bemused voice,"You'll see soon enough. I don't like how we're getting there but it was Vivians bright idea."

daelrog
2010-07-11, 12:50 PM
From the beach they can hear whistling. It's not flawless, but obviously Ascher has been practicing for some time now. It's an old tune, 'Yankee Doodle Dandy'. It had been a long, long time since he had left the States, the last time was so long ago with his sire, to a place he always felt on the back on his neck.

He has a briefcase in one hand, and a dufflebag in the other. He took the bus to get here, but it had stopped three miles back. If the walk bothered him, he did not show it.

"Huh, I left extra early ot make sure I'd be the first one here. Guess I'll have to accept the fact."

He knew of Celine and Vittorio. He couldn't say he too surprised that they were apart of this new band Rui was forming up. He couldn't say he was too surprised that he was here either. Then again, few things did surprise him. The last time was a few years ago when the Red Sox had finally won the pennant, not that he was a Red Sox fan, but it was odd seeing such a long lived losing streak end.

LongVin
2010-07-11, 01:08 PM
'It is a pleasure to meet you miss. I am Vittorio Grimaldi, Dr. Vittorio Grimaldi" He introduces himself to Celine before turning his attention to Ascher "It is good to see you Ascher. How have you been?"

Hemnon
2010-07-11, 01:11 PM
''hey edwin, long time no see.. how have you been?'' celine asked with a wave, as she saw him at the beach.

daelrog
2010-07-11, 01:24 PM
"Same old. Trying to keep my head above water as best as I can. Sometimes I find myself on the shore and basking, other times I'm at the bottom of the lake."

In truth, things were actually going wuite well for Ascher. His leave, although not desired, wasn't being met with any retalliation. It made him wonder whether or not the Camrailla also had plans for Vancouver, but it wasn't important at the moment.

"I'd ask the same of you two, but seeing how you're here..." He let the thought finish in their own heads. Leaving towards a new city generally meant that there was new territory to be gained, or else it meant escaping from untimely death, the permanent kind. Either way, a new city under these circumastances was probably a good thing for all of them.

Hemnon
2010-07-11, 05:10 PM
as celine gets more and more irritated at the late last guy for not showing up on time, she opens her bag and takes out something that looks like a white bathrobe and a black belt. she then head towards the nearest covered place and starts changing clothes.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-11, 08:18 PM
Jason, even though he had superhuman speed, always seemed to be late. He approached the scene like a fog rolling in, dominating part of the skyline. Smiling sheepishly, he looks around at the people with their bags and cars and motorcycles.
That's Maxamillian's ghoul, isn't it? he thinks to himself as he passes by Scott. Looks like I'm not the only Toreador ready to leave this place.
He approaches the assembly and nervously fingers the lariat wrapped in the collar of his western-style red flannel shirt. His size 13 cowboy boots step with unnatural softness on the beach. He looks into the sky, his gaze lingering on the haze of light pollution from the city, then is within speaking distance.
"Hello, there, Rui. I don't think I've ever seen you out of Elysium. It's good to meet you in the open."

Zombiesomg
2010-07-11, 10:23 PM
The last person had arrived, Rui nods his head as Jason approaches. "Good to see you. All we need to wait for now is our ride. I'll explain when we get onto the boat," he pauses and pulls out a cell phone to check the time. "Huh, our boat should be here already," a perplexed look crosses his face, as if it was inconceivable that the boat have not arrived. Looking up again he seems to see something, "Ah there it is. How convenient," he points towards a tiny black dot in the distance.

To the more perceptive, one can make out the silhouette of a forty foot yacht approaching the shoreline at a slow pace. For those whose senses are less keen, it takes awhile for them to make out what that speck is. Rui motions for you guys to stay, "One second. I have to get on first, i'll call you in a bit." He turns to leave before double taking, "You guys should get to know each other a bit better. I dunno make some small talk. We're comrades now right?"

He starts jogging to the shore towards the boat, temporarily leaving the group behind. When he gets closer to the shore he pulls out a light of some kind and starts waving it around to flag the boat.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-11, 11:20 PM
Jason casts his eyes about to the other members of the group. "Hello to you all. Tell me, is Maximillian here?"

Hemnon
2010-07-12, 12:27 AM
as celine hear voices, she peeps out from her hidding spot.

she sees that its jason, who choosed to finally arive.

having changed she walks back to the rest of the group.

she is now in her matial arts cloths.

while she puts her dress and shoes back in the suitcase she says: ''hey Jason, finally decided to come?'' she teased him with a smile.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-12, 12:39 AM
Jason had yet to place her as a threat or a friend, so he stays coy around Celine.

"Hello, Celine. I thought I saw Scott driving away while I was approaching, and I was afraid it was Maximillian who was coming. He and my sire do get along so well, and I am currently trying to take a break from her mentorship to find my true style. I am afraid she might not understand when she finds out." He had yet to master all of the subtleties of degenerate small-talk, but he was warned that the ones who seem too friendly are the ones that will stake you as soon as your back is turned. "And I suppose you are on a grand adventure, judging by your outfit. Are you writing a portrayal of the life of the modern traditional martial artist?" He looks down at the rest of the group casually. "Or perhaps you expect trouble?"

Hemnon
2010-07-12, 12:46 AM
''it is my training outfit you sillyhead'' she told him with a giggle.

''maximillian offered to drive me here, he is still back at grand elysium... a too catchy name if you ask me.'' she said, as she started with her matial training, and she is GOOD.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-12, 12:59 AM
Without even thinking, Jason did a quick mental calculation. He was faster, and had a weight advantage, but she was much better trained than he was. Many of those moves were fencing maneuvers, as well. He decided to not try his luck in sparring her, instead watching her fluid motions as he would a dance.

Hemnon
2010-07-12, 01:03 AM
she turns up the pace the nearly inhuman speed. her loose hair swirls around her face as she goes from pose to pose.

asfter a few minutes of practice the grabs her everynight cloths from her suitcase, and changes her clothes at teh same spoat as last time.

she returns in a set of protective cloths [dark red T-shirt, open leather jacket, jeans and a sturdy pair of boots] (+1 soak)

Zombiesomg
2010-07-12, 06:10 PM
A light begins to shine from the boat, its closer to the beach now but still about 12 meters off the shore. Rui's can be seen on the deck of the yacht waving towards the group of people. He begins to yell, his voice is distant and he's probably yelling quite loudly if you can still hear him from the beach. While waving his hands over his head he summons you over, "Guys, over here!"

The assembled group trudges over to the yacht.The journey isn't easy and perhaps uncomfortable having to wade in the salt water with your belongings overhead to reach the boat, but it is doable. After climbing up a short rope ladder, the group find themselves on the hardwood deck of the yacht. Its not a huge luxurious 60 footer but a good sized 40 foot one, the kind that kids outta highschool or in their 20's rented out to throw a wild party. The front deck was quite spacious and had seats right along the railings, from here some of you can disdainfully observe a few shards of broken glass and perhaps the faint stench of vomit. Rui comes out of the cabin in a second and smiles, he is soaked from the knees down with water having likely had to make the same trek as you guys.

Rui takes a seat, relaxing for a second before leaning in and adopting a serious tone of voice, "Ok guys, so we're leaving now. Last chance to back out was on the beach, if you ditch now i'll stake you and let you say hi to the sun for me." He pauses to looks at each person in the eye, making sure they understand. "Whats going down right now is pretty simple, the guy," Rui points at the cabin in the back towards the kine driving the boat," is going to bring us up to a certain point. And at that point, there is a container ship. Once we get there, i'll go first and drop down a rope for you guys to climb up. Vivian, our other member already in Vancouver, bribed a worker into leaving one of the containers open on its round trip to LA. All we gotta do is get inside of it and close the door. Two days later, bam," Rui snaps his finger to emphasize this point, "We're at Vancouver and no one else should know where we are. We've disappeared, no formal records, no sightings from people on the road, no nothing hopefully. Any questions?" He smiles after, a confident and perhaps optimistic smile.

Hemnon
2010-07-12, 06:22 PM
''so, any chance we get to feed before we reach vancouver?'' she asked, sounding more concerned about the rest of the group than about her self.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-12, 06:51 PM
A low chuckle emmenates from Rui, he turns and looks at the kine driving the boat. "We should be fine as long as you don't mind sharing later. Just don't backwash ok?" Poor kine didn't know what dark fate Rui had in store, "If no ones hungry i'll just... throw it away. Can't leave any evidence."

daelrog
2010-07-12, 08:39 PM
"I can go for a few days without if need be." He'd wait to see what Rui had to offer first. Ascher never was keen on his clan's weakness of pickiness, but he also wasn't above it.

Hemnon
2010-07-12, 11:07 PM
Celine sits down on the nearest stool, and asks: ''um.. how long before we reach the bigger ship? cuz im in the middel of writing a book, and i wanted to know if i have time to spare.'' she asked Rui, while she reached for her laptop.

a short second after she whispered to Rui: ''if there is no other way than killing the kin, could you then do it pain free? i don't like seeing innocent humans suffer.'' her question was full of concern and her face shows ache, as she swiftly looks at the human boatdriver.

LongVin
2010-07-13, 01:48 AM
Vittorio just shrugged. He wasn't really one for killing food. It was messy business and he had more than enough free drinks to spare working in the hospital between freshly arrived corpses and blood bags but he wasn't one to infringe on another kindred's habits.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-13, 07:41 PM
Rui shakes his head, a slight scowl crosses his face, "I don't play with my food, but i don't feel sorry for the cow that made my steak. We'll be there in a few minutes don't worry." He doesn't seem to care much for kine and finds the notion of mercy towards kine stupid.

The boat does eventually grind to a halt after about 20 minutes filled with akward silence and perhaps some small talk. Everyone looks towards the the boat driver, it was dramatically ironic how everyone but the driver knew his imminent fate. The human double checks some instruments before walking out of the cabin. The man rather young man, in his 20's, dressed in a plaid shirt and a pair of swimming trunks. His expression shows his confusion at why he was getting stared at. Rui stands up and approaches him, the man opens his mouth and gets a few syllables out before a palm slams into his throat. The driver doubles over, releasing a shocked gargle as he does, and Rui uses his right hand to pick him off his feet by the kneck and holds him up. Walking over to Ascher with the man in hand he points at him, "Good enough for you? Hes not the freshest or cleanest pick but hes not the worst you can get."

By now the man is choking in Rui's grip, breathing in rasped breaths and holding onto Rui's forearm for dear life. He doesn't fight back and probably can't, winded by the blow.

Hemnon
2010-07-13, 07:53 PM
celine looks away from the boatdriver, as he hangs over rui's head. her silent heart hurts by seeing him suffer.

''would you please stop tormenting him?!'' Celine hiss at rui. her face AND voice is full of disgust, by the way they treat the innocent boatdriver.

''either you breaks his neck now, or i will...'' she continues, and slowly walks towards the dangling boatdriver.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-13, 08:02 PM
Rui sighs, he glances at you and contemplates a confrontation but decides to not. Placing his other hand on the kine's shoulder he bites him in the kneck, sucking fresh vitae out of him for a few seconds before dropping him onto the deck. The kine has a wild mix of expressions on his face; bewilderment, pain, fear, and pleasure. He sits dumbfounded with a dumb expression on his face before Rui hoists him up again, arm restrained against the mans chest. "Want a bite Ascher? If you don't im just gonna kill him and toss him off the boat," Rui puts his finger against the kines neck and draws it upwards, gathering a pearl of blood from the still open bite marks. Rui licks his finger, a smug grin on his face that is further enforced by his bloodied lips. The blood attracts you, but to the well fed kindred it wouldn't bother them. Rui speaks again, "it'd be such a waste."

daelrog
2010-07-13, 08:52 PM
Ascher gives off his token wild smile, a mixture of an expression of unrestrained laughter, and of sharing a moment with a an old friend. "Sorry Rui, I'm more into women, the kind that's one in a thousand, you know? Anything else isn't good for the soul." His eyes shined pleasantly, showing that he wasn't offended.

Next time Ascher joined a wild gig, he'd have to remind the others of his tastes, that is, if there was a next time.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-13, 09:49 PM
Rui smiles, "Don't worry." Using one hand Rui sharply twists the kines head producing a whelp of pain, "I know exactly what you mean." In a burst of energy he pulls the body in one direction and uses his hand to keep the kines head facing the same direction. It only takes brief second and a slight crack before the kine slumps in Rui's hands, head bent at an unnatural angle. He hoists the body up and dumps the body over the side into the ocean. He speaks in a mock voice "Bye bye mister sailor."

After the kill it came to the waiting game again. Sitting in the boat with the new group was quite awkward and boring, the only saving grace was this time a much shorter wait. The group quickly spots the container ship, and Rui grabs a large coil of rope. Looping it around his shoulders he gets up, turning to face you guys he has an excited expression on his face, "Come on guys, you ready for a swim? Make sure to bring your stuff, if you can't carry it with you just dump it overboard. Don't want you getting swept away do we?" Rui turns back around, the ship gradually gets closer, eventually passing just about 20 meters away. He jumps into the water, making slight splash as he hits it. He doesn't look back for a second and continues swimming at a decent speed. Rui can barely swim but he is making good speed, compensating with pure muscle.

The water isn't very rough, and the swimming distance isn't very long. But the 20 meters of water between the yacht and container ship was no easy swim. It was seawater and there were some choppy waves, but hey what choice did you have now.

You guys should get rid of junk right now.
I'd say Celine has a difficulty of 8, so just dump like a dress or something and i'll say it is a 7.
Vittorio, unless you confident in your swimming, drop the medical bag or sort out what you need and fast. Cause the container boat isn't slow and you've gotta get swimming. If you dump one of the bags its a difficulty of 7, if you don't a 8. If you dump two a 6.
Ascher, your duffel bag is going to get wet no matter what. Your briefcase is a different case but if you hold onto both you get a difficulty of 7.
Jason has a difficulty of 6, hes not carrying much is he.

So roll Athletics+Strength.
The difficulty is 6 if your carrying only a small bag or something you can strap on like a backpack.
7 if your carrying something about the size of a suitcase but can't carry it conveniently
8 if your carrying anything more, you should probably just dump it.

Botch= Your stuff gets swept away and you lose a point of temporary willpower. You barely made it through the sweeping waves with your life.
0 Successes= You just made it through with extreme difficulty, unfortunately you lost all your stuff in the water. It got swept away and you couldn't hold onto it.
1 Successes= You made it through but not without difficulty. Your stuff has become waterlogged, perhaps damaging your items like books or electronics. (I'll let you pick)
2 Successes= You swam through, it wasn't easy but it was decent. Your stuff is all fine.
3+ Successes= You swam through with incredible ease, you can even help someone pick up stuff they lost or help another keep it relatively dry.

daelrog
2010-07-13, 10:44 PM
Edwin didn't pause, he had his belongings in his hands by the time Rui hit the water. He was over the side before aynone else.

Swimming wasn't his sport of choice. Then again, he didn't have a choice sport. He gained most of his athleticism from an active night laife as well as the 24 hour fitness, one of the greatest kindred marketing ideas Ascher knew of.

The waters tried to knock him aside, but he kept his briefcase over his head, and his duffle bag half above water. He reached the other side in short order, taking the time to glance back at the others and playfully wave them along whether they were already in or not. He wasn't going to help them bring their own stuff over, but he'd at least off words of encouragement, a gift of far greater value, he joked to himself.

Well that was kind of boring. Hopefully someone loses their stuff to keep things interested:smallbiggrin:

LongVin
2010-07-13, 11:50 PM
Vittorio looks at his stuff and quickly begins strapping it all together as best as he could. He couldn't afford to lose anything in this chop either his research, his clothing or his medical equipment. The equipment was expensive after all. Setting his mind to the task at hand he leaps into the water and begins making his way to the ship.

Spending 1 willpower point for an automatic success.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hemnon
2010-07-14, 12:55 AM
not willing to dumb any of her stuff, celine starts swimming.

one willpower spend for a succes (only if it is a temporary one, if its a permanent point i lose, im not gonna spend it)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

(3 succes'.... damn im good)

WilliamWolf
2010-07-14, 02:31 AM
Jason swims easily, thoughts from his career as an athlete rushing by him with the water. It was easier to swim when you didn't have to turn your head for breath, and easier to get onto a boat when you weren't carrying anything more than a small bag.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-14, 05:51 PM
The whole group makes it across easy, no one has even the slightest of trouble making it across. A long length of rope is dropped from the side of the boat, it's the one left by Rui on his way up. After a quick climb, the whole group winds on the deck of the ship, quite thoroughly soaked by the water but not in any real bad shape. All the equipment made it through unscathed but some more permeable bags may have gotten wet from a few stray splashes.

The deck your standing on is between rows and rows of cargo containers, each one a monotone shade of navy blue with black lettering on it as identification. Momentarily confused at where to go, Rui pops up from around the corner. He motions for you to follow him and to be quite. He leads the group, assuming they follow, down a few sets of almost identical looking paths before reaching a opened container. "Ok everyone, pile in and get comfy. We might be here for awhile."

Ushering everyone inside, you find yourself in a almost empty crate. It seems desolate and perhaps some unease from the confinement, a low table inhabits the middle of the space while there are a few clean mattresses on the side. You hear a loud creaking as the door to the container is shut and locked. A light clicks open after awhile, a lamp torch in Rui's hands illuminate the room. He places it down onto the table in the middle and sits, he sounds kinda down now, "You guys might as well get comfortable. Meet your new home for the next three days and two nights. Since we're all here why don't we get acquainted and a bit more friendly."

Hemnon
2010-07-14, 06:02 PM
Celine moves towards one of the madress' and places her suitcase, and laptop bag, next to it.

she then takes her martial arts clothes out of her suitcase and changes in full view.

daelrog
2010-07-14, 09:38 PM
"Well, at least we won't be suffer from boredom." He gives a friendly elbow to Jason and walks in, not staring at Celine, but also not going out of his way to ignore her assets.

About fifteen years ago he had had a short, fiery relationship with another kindred, another Ventrue, sixth generation. Suffice to say, their break up had almost cost him his head, and since then he had made it quite clear that he was uninterested in other vampires.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-14, 10:08 PM
Rui didn't have such a talent for modesty and had a good long look before shrugging and trying to strike up conversation. "You should get a good look at Vivian when we get to Vancouver. She doesn't have a bombshell body," he takes another glance at Celine before returning to the conversation, "but she has this creepy attraction. It's the eyes i'm telling you, always the god-damned eyes. Oh yeah there is another guy on our team. Goes by the name of Prototype481, I am not even kidding you. He plays this game called World of Warcraft and calls himself what he calls himself on the computer. ****ed up right?" Rui is barely containing laughter at the subject of this person who names themselves Prototype481.

daelrog
2010-07-14, 10:51 PM
Ascher took this moment to take on one of his unusually serious tones. "So how is this all going to work Rui? We came on a whim for a change of scenery, but what is this we're doing? We enjoying the good life, or are you trying to crown yourself a Baron? By the by, what generation are you again, I seemed to have forgotten?"

Zombiesomg
2010-07-14, 11:18 PM
"Well, i can't really say you can't live how you want." He looks around the room at each person, "But i also can't deny what my ambitions are." He speaks slowly as if trying to sort out his words before he speaks them,"I want... to be the prince of Vancouver. In fact more, but Vancouver is our relatively short term goal in the grand scheme of things. I am not a member of the Camarilla or Sabbat, I will turn Vancouver into a free state under our banner. No elders, just us. I brought you guys," Rui sweeps a hand across the room towards everyone," here with me to help. I'll make it clear, we are all partners now. A transparent relationship working together towards a united goal."

Rui pauses again thinking for a moment, he starts speaking with more conviction in his voice,"Its to late to leave now, but think of it this way. This is an opportunity to create your own fate, to wretch whatever chains bind you away from the elders. Granted we will have to fight for such freedom, but moving to Vancouver is the first step. The next is to establish ourselves. I already have two more associates in Vancouver, Vivian and Prototype. With the addition of you 4 we'll have a power clique 7 people strong. There will be difficulties, oh i believe there will be many challenges. But we can overcome them when they come, and at the end of the day you can have whatever you want. Money? Power? Influence, name, status, freedom," He pauses once again, thinking before continuing his list, "Isolation or peace. All we need to do is craft it ourselves. This is one of the only fresh starts you will get, together we can grab it and steer it how we want to."

Hemnon
2010-07-15, 01:15 AM
Celine is now fully changed and starts out slowly with her training, but her speed increases for each second.

''im mainly here, cuz i have some problems with a certain witch hunter..... any of you ever heard of george rotterstein??'' celine said, while she was in the middel of a complex set of kicks and punches.

her speed is now so fast, that her body starts to blur.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-15, 02:07 AM
Instead of ignoring her, Jason drinks her in as best he can without seeming to leer. When she starts practicing, instead of ignoring her- which was his original intent- he stands opposite her, about ten feet back, and starts doing capoeira drills, his movements not rigid and quick, but fluid and circling, and his kicks look like they could possibly take off a kine's head.

"Never. But i'm trying to get away, as well," he answered Celine, "From my sire. She is extremely demanding as a... partner." This last word causes him to fumble and trip over his own hand. He lands heavily on the ground, and sits cross-legged, a huge vampire in a featureless box, looking like an iceberg in the middle of the ocean.

Hemnon
2010-07-16, 06:35 AM
celine continues her warmup for a bit more, and then she walks over to her suitcase.

she unfolds the package strapped onto it, and opens it.

a katana is lying in the clothwraping, and celine picks it up.

she then continues her training, now with her sword.

her fluid movements makes her look like she is dancing, rather than training martial arts.

LongVin
2010-07-16, 10:20 AM
Vittorio lays his bags out around him before taking a seat and removing his laptop from its case. Checking to make sure it still turns on, he begins reading a recently released medical journal.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-16, 02:01 PM
Jason peeks behind Vittorio's screen and is quickly baffled by the medical text. He looks down at the man and says, "I don't think I know of you. Are you a doctor?"

LongVin
2010-07-16, 02:37 PM
Looking up from the screen, Vittorio responds to the mans inquiry "That is correct. Dr. Vittorio Grimaldi. I specialized in pathology and forensic medicine."

Hemnon
2010-07-16, 02:56 PM
as celine is in teh middel of a series of slashes and kicks, she asks Rui:

''Hey rui, i got us a nice big house in vancouver.... i thought it would be a good idea, we even have our own ghoul butler there waiting for us to arrive.''

after a few minutes of training, celine stops and goes to her bed to get some sleep.

For GM
What time is it precisly ingame?? celine got the merit that allows her to know what time it is.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-16, 03:24 PM
Jason scratches the back of his neck and tries to introduce himself, "Jason Sargio. I was a triathlete and football player. And basketball player. Anything that my size was an advantage in, really. Never got into the rugby thing, though." Feeling as if he had a lackluster answer, he put on a winning smile.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-16, 08:03 PM
"I can't speak for the rest of the group. What you do on your own time or spend doing is none of my business. I'm crashing at Vivians suite right now and Prototype has some hole in the middle of nowhere. I think you guys need to find your own house anyways so this is good. You guys should crash as a group for now. No point in spreading yourself out if you haven't found suitable havens yet."

He thinks about it, "It would be best for us to establish a safe haven for you guys in the first week or so before we begin any operations. Vivian is keeping track of the smaller objectives we have right now, so we'll consult her when we get to Vancouver first thing."

Zombiesomg
2010-07-18, 03:05 PM
In the country the darkness of night is friendly and familiar, but in a city, with its blaze of lights, it is unnatural, hostile and menacing. It is like a monstrous vulture that hovers, biding its time. ~Somerset Maugham

The next days pass at a crawl. Eventually the batteries ran out on the lamp during the second day, leaving the group in complete darkness except for perhaps the glow of computers. The atmosphere was heavy, dead silence except for the occasional clicking on the keyboard or shuffling around in the dark. Sleep came around eventually as the unseen sun rose in the world outside, lulling the group to sleep. Tomorrow would be the night when they arrived at Vancouver.

The floor suddenly shifts, tilting slightly towards one side, and the group is quickly startled awake by it. Things that aren't bolted down, which is everything in the container, start to slide to one side. Unable to see, the group can only struggle to maintain balance as the ground sways back and forth. Eventually the movement comes to a stop and a large clank can be heard as the container is set on solid ground again. Rui breathes a sigh of relief, "Well that was exciting." Almost as soon as the container is grounded, a wave of fatigue washes over you. Not an unfamiliar feeling, apparently outside it was still daylight.

Outside the noises of work can be heard, metallic clanks, heavy machinery, footsteps, and a foreman yelling can be heard. It seems that you've reached the dock. The group sits again in silence, biding there time. Unable to fall back into sleep but also barely able to move, they can do nothing but wait until nightfall. There is no physical indication of when night arrives, the workers continue their bustling and the container leaves little for visual aide, but the kindred can all feel it. It feels like a weight is gradually lessened and then lifted from your body, energy and awareness flood back. Night has arrived and it was prime time to move out.

"Guys pack up your ****, we're moving out soon." Turning on a smaller flashlight, you can see his figure moving towards the opening of the container and listening. After a few minutes he opens the door and peeks around, a few rays of moonlight fall into the container. Rui talks, but a quite whisper, "Ok lets go." He dashes outside first ahead of the group, leaving the container wide open.

Your located on a port, made apparent by the multiple docked ships and cranes lifting containers out of them. The exact location of your group would in what seems to be a storage area, multiple of the identical containers and some of different color are located here. From here you can already see the metropolis that Vancouver is, multiple high rises and skyscrapers cut lines into and fill up the sky. There seems to be no workers around at the moment so the group proceeds silently with Rui, who seems to know where he is going.

The group eventually reaches an obstacle while they're walking through the alley of containers. You can hear a group of kine talking loudly in a foreign language, Chinese if you know or can recognize it, walking near you guys. They are not withing sight yet, but they will be soon.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8779/path4130.png
White Dot- You guys
Red Dot- Kine
Blue Boxes- Containers
Crossed Lines- Fence

After sneaking past, fighting, bewitching, ect. However you deal with the humans, you have 3 definite choices of how to proceed. Going out the direct way through the doors, going out by jumping the fence and swimming around to the shore, or by continuing down the aisle and looking for a more roundabout way of exiting. You can also go back through the docking area and find some way to exit, but you're going to end up with the same three choices.

Hemnon
2010-07-18, 04:10 PM
Celine freezes in place just before the turn, and whispers to the rest of the group: ''so, what are we gonna do??'' her voice shows no emotion at all.

LongVin
2010-07-19, 06:55 PM
"There is no reason to cause an incident. We should probably just avoid the group." responds Vittorio.

daelrog
2010-07-19, 11:05 PM
"Although nothing can replace sincerity, I find confidence is a decent alternative. Why don't I talk to them, pretend like i'm an official, A-omega class status."

He gave a quick wink, waiting for just one person to back him up before putting his charm on.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-19, 11:14 PM
Rui nods at Edwins idea, deciding that it was the best alternative at the time with no mutual concensus. He falls in with Edwin's pace, "Go ahead."

There are three Asian workers round the corner as Rui and Edwin approach, it takes them a second to notice the group of kindred. They're dressed in work uniforms but each one is carrying their bags, probably done their workday and prepping to leave. They don't look frail relative to other humans, they look quite strong possibly due to their occupation. One of them frowns, "Hey, who are you?"

daelrog
2010-07-19, 11:26 PM
In flunet Mandarin, Edwin begins to heckle to three workers. "This is unacceptable, I was sent here to observe the unloading procedures, and all I see is a mess." His gestures his arms widely. "My colleagues and I are already running late for the comapny softball game, and I can't even find the exit in this crazy maze. You, you right there." He motions to the man on his far left. "If you would be so kind, could you show us the front door, and maybe I can forget the sloppy nature of this loading dock."

Zombiesomg
2010-07-20, 07:00 PM
The men look quite suitably shocked at Edwin's statements, clearly not the answer they were expecting. The workers fall silent and look around quickly at the kindred and each other assessing what was happening. Quickly reaching a consensus silently, they seem to believe your story and they comply.
The Asian man you point at looks nervous and starts speaking in mandarin, he speaks with a flimsy irresolute tone, " I apologize for disturbing your business. Please, if you're leaving let me guide you." He attempts to discreetly gestures with a few small frantic hand motions for his colleagues to leave. They scurry off towards wherever they where going, " Now if you'll follow me, I'll lead you right out the exit."

The lone Chinese worker leads the group towards the exit. With his back facing you he walks at a brisk pace, looking back quickly and nervously to check on you. If your eyes meet his he quickly turns back as if hit. The worker is nervous and afraid, every step and nervous look backwards screams his fears out. For what reason he is so nervous you don't know, its not normal for a worker to be so scared of a few higher positioned employees or even executives. Regardless, he leads you from the dark maze of containers to a small building. Opening the door you find yourselves in a workers break room, a room with a few couches a tv and tables. There is two workers lounging around but after seeing the kindred they quickly sit upright and attempt to not notice you. The worker walks through the room and after a short trip down another hallway, he opens a door to the outside. The exit leads to a quite alleyway near the port, not the hustle of the commercial entrance.

Walking outside Vancouver looks quite impressive, the large buildings loom over and cast a darker shadow in the night. Above there is a thick gathering of clouds overcasting the moon. There is also a feeling that you haven't experienced in along time. LA felt dead, hopeless, stagnant, a few of the number of words could describe the oppressive stifling vibe in LA. But Vancouver was different, it was like taking a breath of fresh air after almost drowning. A new blank slate for you to carve out.

"Here sir, have a nice day and enjoy your game." He starts to turn in order to leave as quickly as possible.

Subterfuge+Manipulation Roll:[10,3,8,4]
Difficulty is 8 due to the appearance of the group. 3 Success is enough to demand compliance out of the guys with no questions, but also no extraneous orders.

Its also quite noticeable how nervous the workers are, its one thing to be nervous about getting chewed out by your manager but another to be dead scared.

You can just chose to leave or whatever you want.

daelrog
2010-07-20, 09:28 PM
Ascher shrugs the whole ordeal off as if it were commonplacce. Truth be told, it was. Many kindred relished the times when they proved themselves useful to their peers, but Edwin had long since let go of such arrogance. It was unnecessary if nothing else.

"I feel a little stiff in the joints. What's the fastest way of travel in the city? I could use a good sleep after three days in limbo." He looked up to the moon, musing at the thought of an evening softball game. He frowned in thought. Then again, stadium lights made things very convenient. "Either that, or we hit the town running."

WilliamWolf
2010-07-21, 02:47 AM
Not waiting for an answer, Jason breaks into a loping run, glad to be free from the small container. His giant size makes jogging quicker than some people's running.

Hemnon
2010-07-21, 03:46 AM
Celins starts running as well, and is right in the heels of jason.

hey guys, follow me.... i will show the way to the house. she shouts out the the group, and her voice tells you guys not to screw around.

LongVin
2010-07-21, 09:47 AM
Hefting his bags Vittorio chases after Celine and Jason.

daelrog
2010-07-21, 03:59 PM
Edwin Ascher turned to Rui as the others started making distance between them. Alone for just a moment, his carefree expression showed a sign of seriousness he rarely revealed. "The reason I came along was because I was told I'd find my fate here." He needed not say that his fate was to die, and not well at that. "If you want the city, you can have it, I'll even help you along the way. However, don't keep things from me that I should know about. In my years I've handled the Sabbat, a demon or two, and even a jealous lover that was twice as strong as me-made for some intersting dates-, but theo nly times I've come close to dying is from secrets."

His smile came back, although not as strongly as before, and he set off after the others. Rui was a good enough guy to work with, but for fifty years Ascher had gave the same speech to all his bosses with some slight tweaking. He doubted Rui would be one of the ones to be offended. No, Rui was sitting too high up on his mountain of ambition to be dragged down by mere words.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-21, 08:11 PM
Rui grimly nods, seeming to understand your situation he doesn't question or demand. Taking a displeased glance at the group of kindred running down the street wildly, he digs through his pockets. Pulling out a cellphone and a wallet, he hands them both to Edwin. He speaks quickly so Edwin doesn't fall to far behind, "I don't know how much money you bought with you, but there Vivans credit card. Don't buy to much ****. There is a contacts list on the phone, its under the name of our ghoul Jonathan. If you need anything call me or Jonathan, don't call Vivian unless its an absolute emergency. Look through it when you have time. We'll contact you in a few days when we need you guys, just get set up first. You should probably call a cab instead of run. Good luck, have fun." He chuckles and then starts to walk the other way into a parking lot.

A more thorough inspection reveals that the phone is an iphone, and the wallet is empty except for a fake drivers license, 50 dollars in bills, and a visa credit card.

Since this is the first time checking the date or time since arriving, it is July 20th 2009. 12:00 PM, just a bit after sunset.

Contents of the phone contact list will be in OOC thread.

Hemnon
2010-07-22, 05:19 PM
Celine slows down to a walk as they reach the streets. ''hey you guys, we need to take a taxi from now on. Does anyone have some cash? i don't think they take creditcard'' she asked and looked from one to the other, waiting for a response.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-23, 01:01 AM
Jason laughs boomingly and says, "You're just saying that because you're losing!" He makes an honest go of running all the way. Maybe it was childish, but he was finally free.

Then he remembered the reason he started running in the first place was because he knew Celine would chase him. When two Toreador meet, certain things were bound to happen....

He ran

Hemnon
2010-07-25, 07:41 PM
''jason...'' she shouted towards him.

we are suposed to crash at my, newly aquired, place. so how about you do as i say and start using that dead brain of yours?? celine teased him.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-26, 01:50 PM
((One badly timed computer crash later))

back to her, and sighed. "Alright, Celine. You win, I suppose." He waved an arm built like a telephone pole to the street, hoping a taxi would catch them. "I really do feel like bathing as soon as possible after all that time in the container." He flashed her a smile.

Hemnon
2010-07-26, 02:27 PM
Celine quickly sniffs to her clothes, and makes a 'euck' face.

i could use a bath as well. celine said a few seconds after.

Zombiesomg
2010-07-27, 10:56 PM
The cab ride was mundane for some and amazing for others in the group. A taxi shuttle came to pick up the group shortly, the yellowish orange van could comfortably fit the whole group and the luggage. As it departed towards the destination the group got to do a little sightseeing around the city. The cityscape's aesthetic style would change as the car drove, each area or district had a unique vibe or look. From the noisy packed streets with various billboards advertising Chinese or Vietnamese restaurants, to desolate industrial sectors with nothing but a few disheveled apartments and large smokestacks. The next 50 minutes pass incredibly quickly or incredibly slowly.

As the shuttle nears your destination in Arbutus Ridge, the whole neighborhood appears quite classy. Multiple large and expensive Tudor style mansions filled the whole area and even the smallest houses where oddly shaped, yet still visually appealing, 'modern' houses. The cab peels off from the main street to enter a small concealed crescent. There is a large expanse covered by shrubbery and trees offering privacy from the main street and neighbors in the crescent. The mansion comes into view afterward, nestled in the very back of the crescent occupied with two other formidable houses.

Celine's sire's mansion is gigantic. The base seems to be a large block of black marble and the front of the house juts out from that base. The whole front face of the house is covered in heavily tinted windows. The house looks like a giant glass tower protruding from a solid blokish base. From the front there seems to be two floors and what seems to be a smaller loft making up the third floor. An underground garage can be spotted by the driveway leading down a curved ramp. An initial estimate would be at least 1200 square meters as you haven't seen the inside yet. The yard is also quite impressive, a large flower garden, well kept lawn, and a black marble path lead up to a staircase made of the same black material. A whole path and staircase lead up to a large set heavy looking double doors.

While the house is impressive, however it may not suit everyone taste. Celine and Jason however are drawn in momentarily towards its magnificence, perhaps seeing beauty where others cannot. They soon snap out of it however and resume as normal.

After paying the taxi driver and bidding him farewell, the group is left on the driveway.

1:30 PM

WilliamWolf
2010-07-27, 11:23 PM
Jason is taken aback by the house. It was beautiful. Something that, in life, he couldn't have imagined. He stares and then snapped out of it.

"So, Celine... what floor will we be staying on?" He looks contemplatively down to her, then to the others.

Hemnon
2010-07-28, 03:30 AM
Celine smirks at jason, and then replies ''witch floor would you prefer?'' her voice is teasing, but the answer still sounds genuine.

Celine then quickly starts sprinting towards the house and yells: ''last one to the front door is a brainless zombie!'' celine laughed back to the rest of the group.

daelrog
2010-07-28, 11:35 AM
She... was quite young in spirit if nothing else. He wondered if she would run everywhere she went. Then again, seeing her jovial nature reminded him of the stories of nymphs he had heard of in the forests, unparalleled angels that would lure men in with their charms and would never be seen again.

Edwin took his time taking along his belongings. It was a good place. One could hide as many followers as needed for ten vampires, let alone four. It would make for a good headquarters if need be. He could only wonder if it needed be.

LongVin
2010-07-28, 04:55 PM
Vittorio pulls his bags from the cab and strolls into the mansion taking in the sights. It was much more than he was used to in a long time, before in his mortal life he was was rather wealthy and had the benefits of such however since his embrace he has either been spending his time in an apartment or in a dorimitory of House Tremere.

Searching the house he looks for a room that would be appropiate for his needs.