PDA

View Full Version : Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse template(s)

Caen'ir
2010-07-12, 07:48 PM
I was thinking of running or setting up a game with some friends where the four horsemen of the apocalypse were involved, and I swore that I saw a template that would fit the occasion perfectly (an actual template for each or all of the horsemen I think), but I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I saw it. I'm pretty certain it was in a book, but with so many books for 3.0 and 3.5 out, I have no idea where to start looking. I just wanted to know if anyone had any clue what I was talking about, and if they could give me an idea of where to look.

Thanks for any help in advanced. :smallsmile:

Harris the Ford
2010-07-12, 09:26 PM
Well, I dont have anything official but I will share with you the build that I am using for my current game. Its not super munchkin'd but it is pretty powerful and has some fun RP to it. it also fits well with the Horseman of the Apocalypse theme. He's only lvl 15 atm but you can expand on the base build as you see fit.

Fighter/2 Paladin of Tyranny/6 (unearthed arcana) Cavalier 6/ (complete warrior) Doomlord/1 (planar handbook)

Feats: Power attack, leap attack, mounted combat, ride by attack, spirited charge, weapon focus lance, weapon focus longsword, improved sunder

I only went two levels in fighter because it was an easy way to get 4 feats by level 2 and 6 levels in paladin for the BAB and horse. I stopped after my sixth level of cavalier because i was getting bored and thought doomlord would be fun to play, true optimization would continue on with cavalier. however Doomlord seems to fit in well with the horseman of the apocalypse theme, since its entire focus is propagating the destruction of the multiverse. the crown gem of this entire build is my mount, a nightmare (MMI pg 194). It flies, has ninth level spells and spell like abilities and generally looks just bad ass and fits with the theme. On a regular charge attack with my lance I get around 200-250 damage without using any of my special abilities or spells. once you hit 21 and get Dire Charge as an epic feat, that number skyrockets.

sreservoir
2010-07-12, 09:33 PM
wait, so you don't have 9ths, but your mount does? cool.

The Tygre
2010-07-12, 10:00 PM
Could you be talking about the Four Horsemen template in Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary?

Caen'ir
2010-07-12, 10:30 PM
Could you be talking about the Four Horsemen template in Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary?

*looks in there* That is actually exactly what I was talking about. Thank you! I have enough books that I was having trouble finding what I need, the help is greatly appreciated!

And thanks for your input too, Harris. :smallsmile:

The Tygre
2010-07-13, 01:07 AM
My pleasure. :smallsmile: