PDA

View Full Version : Converting World of Darkness to point buy

Dhavaer
2010-07-13, 04:13 PM
Specifically, the character creation in NWoD. Would the best way of doing this be to create the most expensive (xp-wise) character possible and then rendering it down to 1 in all attributes and xp? Cpomes to a total of 367, btw.

White_North
2010-07-13, 04:36 PM
Forgive me, but I am unsure of what you are asking here. Isn't nWoD already a point-buy system? What are you trying to do?

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-13, 05:10 PM
Forgive me, but I am unsure of what you are asking here. Isn't nWoD already a point-buy system? What are you trying to do?

Actually Character Creation in the WoD system is done with dots. There are efficient ways of using the dots. Since it is possible for two people to spend their dots differently and come up with characters with differing XP values, then the game is not technically a point buy system.

If you want to change the system to a point buy system, the easiest way is to do away with all of the dots in the system except the 1 starting dot for each attribute, then determine an have the players build their characters using a set amount of XP using the XP system in the WoD. I am assuming that this is to get rid of the actual optimization aspects of the game and level the playing field.