PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Psicrystal and Magic Item Slots

dextercorvia
2010-07-13, 11:49 PM
So I read the entry for Psicrystal, and I read page 83 of the Rules Compendium, and I can't quite figure it out. As a construct, can I give my Psicrystal enough of a discernible anatomy that it can wear various slotted magic items? I'm mainly interested in giving it a "head" so it can have a throat slot.

Optimystik
2010-07-13, 11:55 PM
"Creatures that lack any clear shape have no body slots and can’t wear magic items at all."

Ranos
2010-07-13, 11:56 PM
The psicrystal looks like whatever you want it to. If you want it to look like a small humanoid statue, why not ?

"Creatures that lack any clear shape have no body slots and can’t wear magic items at all."
I think that's for oozes and the like.

dextercorvia
2010-07-13, 11:57 PM

Does a Psicrystal have to lack clear shape? They can grow legs after all.

Worst case scenario, I could have it use an unslotted item correct? Can picture a Psicrystal with its own orbiting Ioun Stone?

Optimystik
2010-07-14, 12:12 AM
Unslotted items, sure.

I'm not sure what a Dimunitive creature can wear in any case.

Ranos
2010-07-14, 12:26 AM
Unslotted items, sure.

I'm not sure what a Dimunitive creature can wear in any case.

Magical stuff resizes to fit the creature. You've basically got a crystal barbie doll with accessories. Legs optional.

2xMachina
2010-07-14, 05:18 AM
Magical stuff resizes to fit the creature. You've basically got a crystal barbie doll with accessories. Legs optional.

Somehow, I feel they can have a good market for it.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-14, 05:54 AM
What is clear shape? Psicrystals don't have any physical description other than their sizes, and they are depicted in different shapes, so they don't have a clear shape in the sense of a standard all of its kind follow.

Do give it a ioun stone tho. Pet rock with a pet rock!

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-14, 06:52 AM
ERROR: Undefined.

dextercorvia
2010-07-14, 03:27 PM
Here's the deal, I was hoping to give my Psicrystal a Periapt of Wisdom, so that it could take Psionic Meditation before 12 HD. Is there any other way you can think of to do this?

I definitely like the Crystal Barbie Psicrystal.