PDA

View Full Version : a filthy, filthy new class

luffy316
2010-07-16, 06:32 AM
actually not all that filthy, in the end. but ever since i thought up the word I've been dying to design a class based on it.

The class is called the Fecomancer, vaguely akin to Dirtomancers in Erfworld. The order holds its origins in the lowest of magi in a guild, stuck with working on their magical talents on top of the more demeaning chores. This most begrudgingly included emptying the chamberpots/outhouses/what have you, leaving arcane students as semi-glorified janitors. The study of doing these chores more quickly led to these students gaining masterful control over waste, filth, and germs, controlling the bodily waste to dispatch of it as well as removing the stench and filth from themselves.

While many abandoned this role as quickly as possible, some found a humble place there, and further developed this prowess. With some mastery of the realm of fecomancy, they began to realize they could control the waste and germs still inside a human body, using it to manipulate their digestion to a number of painful or humiliating uses, damage them internally, or inflict illness on their enemies. Even further developed (most often in backwoods swamps and small villages), they made for makeshift doctors, removing illness, tumors, infections and such from the sick.

A conventional fecomancer would be of simple attire, a fairly selfless and hardworking breed of spellcaster. While the stereotype is a smelly, dimwitted hedgemage, any fecomancer worth his salt is actually quite tidy and courteous, certainly having the power and consciousness to cleanse himself of his handiwork. Then again, some may wish to leave themselves dirty in order to have plenty of weapons at hand.
The Fecomancer wields waste of all sorts as a weapon, but the most generic form of it is feces. As they level, they gain control of internal workings (ala blood magic), disease, healing, and the like, but their most powerful attacks tend to center on fecal attacks. Have a small arsenal in mind, almost all of them some manner of crap-based pun (****ty Aim, Dark Taint, Dirty Bomb, Guttural Roar...) that I may post if there's some interest

Mainly trying to make it work for 4E, imagining it as a wizard with a different spellbook and some skills. Trying to work out some designs for spells, skills, special feats, and such, and looking to see if there's any input to be found, either as ideas or just opinions on the ideas.

Analytica
2010-07-16, 07:02 AM
I remember my teenage self discussing the possibility of the magic school of copromancy. This would be similar, I guess.

Consider adapting the Blood Walk ability of the Blood Magus to this concept, by the way.

luffy316
2010-07-16, 03:18 PM
interesting. bit of research seems to indicate that's when you take a... um... sample of your target and can transport yourself to them?