PDA

View Full Version : A bizzare story

guciek
2010-07-23, 05:23 PM
I've drawn it this morning, leaving much unsaid --

what would you make of it?

Note that I'm an amateur in drawing, but critique is welcome :)

http://guciek.net/comics/2010_07_23/img-1.png

licoot
2010-07-23, 05:32 PM
The art is quite good, but I don't really get whats happening

guciek
2010-07-23, 05:41 PM
The art is quite good, but I don't really get whats happening

Aww, I feared that, later I can write what I meant, but maybe someone will yet figure out?

Comet
2010-07-23, 05:51 PM
A can grows legs, comes to realise that its dreams can be made a reality, but when it is about to embark on its epic adventure some bloke comes along and stomps on it, proving that destiny can screw over even the most extraordinary individuals.

Did I get any of that right? Good art, nevertheless. I'm a huge fan of this strong style of using blacks and whites.

guciek
2010-07-23, 06:06 PM
A can grows legs, comes to realise that its dreams can be made a reality, but when it is about to embark on its epic adventure some bloke comes along and stomps on it, proving that destiny can screw over even the most extraordinary individuals.

From the viewpoint of the can, it is all correct and nothing really is left to say, yay you for puting it that nicely :) However for me the view of the stomper was more important - hint: all the panels are viewed through the eyes of the stomper.

I'm happy to hear you like the visual side, it was my first attempt in life to draw using this style :)

licoot
2010-07-23, 06:08 PM
Wait, If that was through the eyes of the stamper, he knew it was alive, and stamped on it on purpose

Domochevsky
2010-07-23, 09:42 PM
It would also be a odd angle for a viewpoint. Very low and up close.

Lord Raziere
2010-07-23, 10:16 PM
Wait, If that was through the eyes of the stamper, he knew it was alive, and stamped on it on purpose

yea, wouldn't want a freaky animate soda running around, potentially doing something supernatural or something and endangering everyone in his town.

he was doing what was smart.

guciek
2010-07-24, 06:07 AM
@licoot - right :)
@Domochevsky - you are good!

I see that it is so hard to read that it does not convey what I meant it to. Thus, I will try to fix it by adding some lettering, until someone will be able to more or less get it:

http://guciek.net/comics/2010_07_23/img-7.png

licoot
2010-07-24, 06:42 AM
Whats that S shaped thing behind the wall in panel three

guciek
2010-07-24, 06:47 AM
Whats that S shaped thing behind the wall in panel three

Just a leaf, never mind it.