PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV pre order item

ninjaneer003
2010-07-25, 10:45 PM
So the bonus item for pre ordering are one of two things. For the collecters edition you get the Onion Helmet which reduces the KO recovery time. For the regular pre ordering gets you goggles that increase the rate with which your skills increase.

Now this is what gets me, as a player of FFXI i see the regular edition item as infinitely better (and cooler looking) so why would square enix give a better pre-order item in the regular but not the collectors edition? is the Onion Helmet better that I currently think?

Please convince me to buy the Collectors edition since i don't want to wait 8 more days to play this game but then again i don't want to miss out on an awesome item that will make skilling up easier

Sleverin
2010-07-26, 12:06 AM
Well ninja, as a player of the FF14 beta (go me) I can see the differences here. I can't tell quite yet, but it seems (so far in the beta) that skills go up rather quickly....or at least they do for beta, they could just be doing that so people can access the higher levels faster...I dunno. However, there is the fatigue downtime, which is a slight annoyance, and I'm guessing major pain in the ass in the game. The fatigue downtime is 5 minutes (if you remember the horrible RAGE inducing fatigue from being raised in XI you'll know why this is good.) and I'm guessing it cuts it down to 2.5 or maybe even a minute, if they're feeling really generous. This is what I'm guessing anyways, since a lot of the stuff seems to be covered in mystery...and horrible, horrible bugs.

ryzouken
2010-07-26, 01:16 AM
OMG! When did they push the PS3 release back!

And why isn't there any bonus items for PS3 pre releases?

Now I have to sell my soul for a stupid PC that'll run that game and I have to do it in the next 2 months?

CRAAAAAAAAP

PS: goggles. They do something, and thus, are awesome.

chiasaur11
2010-07-26, 01:26 AM
OMG! When did they push the PS3 release back!

And why isn't there any bonus items for PS3 pre releases?

Now I have to sell my soul for a stupid PC that'll run that game and I have to do it in the next 2 months?

CRAAAAAAAAP

PS: goggles. They do something, and thus, are awesome.

Or you could not buy the final fantasy MMO, instead using the money for Scott Pilgrim, Portal, Doctor Who, lots of things.

Or you could wait.

Always consider all the options before selling your soul, that's what I always say.

For example, it turns out you can get Dr. Who episodes for money instead of the souls of infants. Good thing I caught that one in time. Would have been embarrassing all around.

Sleverin
2010-07-26, 02:53 AM
Yeah, the PS3 release is rather silly...but so are the "recommended requirements" with the gfx card being a nvidia gtx 460, among other things. It seems square has made a poor choice to make us buy all this new stuff to play their game with no frameskips...bad economic times and all.

factotum
2010-07-26, 06:43 AM
I haven't played the game, but if getting KOed is something that happens quite often, the Onion Helmet may well be the better item. Don't know about anything else, but if there's one thing that really annoys me in a game, it's being unable to do anything while my onscreen character is hacked to bits because they're unconscious or stunlocked or something...

ryzouken
2010-07-26, 03:41 PM
ooh... looks like I can finance a Dell that'll meet my needs for relatively cheap.

And me, not play a Final Fantasy? Blasphemy. *nuzzles his FF1 nintendo cartridge*