PDA

View Full Version : Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!(3.5)

stenver
2010-07-26, 05:44 PM
I was going through the spells.. searching for something specific.. and i was.. stunned.. demoralized.. that they hadnt made a spell that makes someone forget about something! Really, why cand a villain cast something on players that makes them forget everything in the past 5 minutes??

or did i miss something?

As a side note, why is lesser geas a better spell then geas/quest... 8 ability score damage for every ability.. or 3d6 damage a day... yeah.. i pick damage any day.. and heal it at the start of the day

Reynard
2010-07-26, 05:46 PM
Mind Rape.

TooManyBadgers
2010-07-26, 05:47 PM
Modify Memory? It's in the PHB.

stenver
2010-07-26, 06:14 PM
What book is the Mind Rape from?

And what about wizard and cleric, how can they clear the peoples minds?

PId6
2010-07-26, 06:52 PM
Mindrape is in Book of Vile Darkness.

There's also Programmed Amnesia in Spell Compendium, the Neutral version of Mindrape.

The Good version of Mindrape doesn't actually erase memory, but it comes close.

ericgrau
2010-07-26, 06:55 PM
Modify Memory? It's in the PHB.
+1. Specifically it can make a PC forget 5 minutes of his memory. It takes 5 minutes to complete this process, but it only takes 1 round to cast.

Greenish
2010-07-26, 06:57 PM
Really, why cand a villain cast something on players that makes them forget everything in the past 5 minutes??What, like
You reach into the subject’s mind and modify as many as 5 minutes of its memories in one of the following ways.

Eliminate all memory of an event the subject actually experienced. This spell cannot negate charm, geas/quest, suggestion, or similar spells.
Allow the subject to recall with perfect clarity an event it actually experienced.
Change the details of an event the subject actually experienced.
Implant a memory of an event the subject never experienced.
Yeah, shame that it doesn't exist, it would be so cool. (Bard BBEGs are the best sort of BBEGs.)