PDA

View Full Version : No Dark Sarcasm in The Classroom: A Tribute to Pink Floyd (PEACH)

Lord Loss
2010-07-27, 07:19 AM
Inner Child

Prerequisites

HD: D6
Skills: 4+ Int Bonus

Special: Must have listened to Pink Floyd or gone to some form of school.
Skills: Bluff 8 Ranks, Hide 8 Ranks, Climb 5 Ranks,Craft (Excuse) 5 ranks
Size: Small

Level 1: Leave Us Kids Alone, Temper Tantrum 1/Day,
Level 2:We Don't Need No Thought Control +1 to existing spellcasting class
Level 3:Temper Tantrum 2/Day, Just Another Brick in The Wall +1 to existing spellcasting class
Level 4: Don't Eat Your Meat, King of The Schoolyard +1 to existing spellcasting class
Level 5: Temper Tantrum 3/Day, The Teacher Must Not Win +1 to existing spellcasting class

Leave us Kids Alone (Ex:) : You can no longer be intimidated by creatures larger than yourself. Any Small Allies within 30 feet of you also gain this bonus.

Temper Tantrum (Ex:): Once per day, you may enter a Temper Tantrum, which lasts a number of rounds equal to your Inner Child level + your charisma bonus. During this time, you gain a bonus equal to your charisma bonus to your attack rolls, skills checks and damage rolls. You may not use nor succumb to Diplomacy or Bluff checks during this time, and you receive a -4 penalty to Int and Wis based checks. You gain an additional use of this at third and Fifth level.

We Don't Need no Thought Control (Ex:) You gain Immunity to mind-affecting abilities and enchantements. Whenever you are targeted by one, you may choose to let it affect you. If uou do, you gain another use of Temper Tantrum for the day.

Just Another Brick in The Wall (Ex): You gain Hide in Plain sight.

Don't Eat Your Meat (Ex): You no longer need to eat or drink.

King of The Schoolyard (Ex): You gain leadership. However, your cohorts and followers must be small or smaller. Your leadership score gains +4,however.

The Teacher must Not Win: You gain a +1 bonus on checks made against creatures that are larger than you for every size category larger than you that they are.

Flavor Coming Soon

I still don't understand how to make a table...:smallfrown:. here's the class, I hope you like it!

hamishspence
2010-07-27, 07:31 AM
I still don't understand how to make a table...:smallfrown:. here's the class, I hope you like it!

I checked and I think it works by

{table:head]categories, each separated by | symbols (Return key used to end line), and no | symbol at the end of each line).

each data point, again separated by | symbols [/table]

Only with = instead of : in the {table:head] bit.

Like this:

{table=head]Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Special
1st | +1 | +2 | +0 | +0 | Stuff
2nd | +2 | +3 | +0 | +0 | Stuff
3rd | +3 | +3 | +1 | +1 | Stuff
4th | +4 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Stuff
5th | +5 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Stuff [/table]

Lord Loss
2010-07-27, 07:39 AM
I've no Idea how to make said symbol, but I understand the rest. I have a Quebec French computer, so I cannot make many symbold, which is VERY annoying.

hamishspence
2010-07-27, 10:48 AM
On a normal keyboard, it's on the same key as the backslash symbol \ and using SHIFT will give you the | symbol.

I don't know about your keyboard.

Another_Poet
2010-07-27, 11:02 AM
I think it is a really fun themed class but I think it needs some work to be useful. Here are my thoughts.

Level 1 is good, with Leave us Kids Alone being weak but paired with a relatively strong ability, Temper Tantrum. After that....

Inner Child
We Don't Need no Thought Control (Ex:) You gain a +6 bonus to resist mind-affecting abilities and enchantements.

Why not just immune? Immunity to mind-affecting abilities is a relatively cheap, common immunity in D&D. There are a limited number of mind-affecting abilities in the game, many DMs don't use them offten because they can make combat unfun, and until higher levels most of them aren't that damning anyway compared to save-or-loses from the other schools. You may as well just make this PRC immune.

A more flavourful approach would be not to make them immune at all, but every time they succumb to a mind-affecting ability (used by an enemy - no "my wizard friend casts suggestion on me" cheese) they gain an extra use of Temper Tantrum that day.

Just Another Brick in The Wall (Ex): You may Hide in plain Sight. this only affects creatures that are larger than you.

I would just let it act normally. Being able to hide from some but not all enemies, and never from mixed groups of enemies, is a heartbreaker.

Don't Eat Your Meat (Ex): You no longer need to eat or drink.

Thematic but not very useful. I mean sure it can help in a campaign but it can also just be bought as a ringg of sustenance. You can't buy class abilities like caster levels or sneak damage, but that's what you're giving up to take this PrC.

Here is a suggestion. "Once you start taking nonlethal damage from starvation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm)" (note: cannot be healed by any means until you eat), you do not become fatigued. Instead you gain a +2 moral bonus to all rolls. For every additional 1d6 points of nonlethal damage you take from continuing to starve, this morale bonus increases by +1. Once you eat you lose all these bonuses, and must start over the next time you refuse to eat."

I love gambling :)

King of The Schoolyard (Ex): You gain leadership. However, your cohorts and followers must be small or smaller.

This is cool and thematic. However I would add something to make up for the special restriction on followers. Otherwise this is weaker than a feat you could have taken 4 levels ago.

How about: You gain Leadership and have a +4 bonus to your Leadership score. However, your cohorts and followers mst be Small or smaller."

The Teacher must Not Win: You gain a +1 bonus on checks made against creatures that are larger than you for every size category larger than you that they are.

Awesome.

Lord Loss
2010-07-27, 06:58 PM
Made some changes to the class. I'm unsure about changing ''Don't Eat Your Meat, soI'll wait for a few more comments before editing it.

grimbold
2010-07-28, 05:16 AM
im thinking about playing it however there is only one change i would make, i would make it possible to continue to advance your caster level. (I wanna do it w/ mah sorcerer gnome but not at the cost of less magic)

also hd?

Lord Loss
2010-07-28, 09:34 AM
D6 HD, 4+Int bonus intelligence, I added casting. Not sure if you should get casting for the first level though. I had meant to include this, but forgot.

DracoDei
2010-07-28, 09:54 AM
I've no Idea how to make said symbol, but I understand the rest. I have a Quebec French computer, so I cannot make many symbold, which is VERY annoying.

Hit the quote button on the post with the table you need.
Copy the relevant code.
Hit the back button on your browser.
Hit the Edit button on your original post.
Paste in the table above or below your stuff that should be in a table.
Copy-paste the correct values into the table, deleting the non-table as you go.
Save changes.