PDA

View Full Version : Warmage Revisions and Feats

Andion Isurand
2010-07-27, 08:41 PM
Have some warmage revisions and feats I worked on a while back, not sure where to take them or if I should make more. Suppose I just wanted to throw the class some bones.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

# Alteration to Spells (in exchange for all advanced learning features):
When a warmage gains access to a new level of spells for his class, he automatically knows all spells for that level listed on the warmage's spell list, as well as one evocation spell chosen from the wizard or sorcerer spell list of that spell level or lower.

# Alteration to Warmage Edge (Ex): A warmage is specialized in dealing damage with his spells. Whenever a warmage casts a spell that deals hit point damage, he adds a bonus to the damage dealt equal to the spell's level plus his Intelligence bonus (if any). For instance, if a 5th-level warmage with 17 intelligence casts fireball (a 3rd level spell), he deals 5d6 points of damage normally, plus an extra 6 points of damage due to his warmage edge. The bonus from the warmage edge special ability applies only to spells he casts as a warmage, not to those he might have by virtue of levels in another class. A single spell can never gain this damage more than once per casting.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CONSISTENT EDGE
Your ability to inflict damage with your attack spells is more consistent.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells that benefit from the Warmage Edge class feature
Benefit: When rolling damage for a spell that benefits from your Warmage Edge class feature, you can reroll any result of 1 on a number of damage dice equal your Intelligence bonus (if any). You must keep the result of each reroll, even if it is another 1.

HARD EDGE
Your spells momentarily infuse your body with arcane energies, protecting it from harm.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells that benefit from the Warmage Edge class feature
Benefit: When casting a spell that benefits from your Warmage Edge class feature, you gain temporary hit points equal to that spell's level plus your intelligence bonus (if any) to a maximum value equal to your caster level. These hit points last for 1 round. Hit points gained from multiple uses of this ability overlap.

/////////////////////////////

Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

BelGareth
2010-07-27, 09:23 PM
I like your feats, maybe a few more would be awesome.
I've seen some upgrades done to the warmage like increased bab and HD. Maybe some feats that make it a little more martial involved. I will try to post my ideas when they come as I will think about this. Just wanted to let you know.
I have also seen people add the basic edge for each spell level, which levels nicely all the way up to epic. Because if you think about it, the difference at 20th of 9 and 9 * spell level is huge. It also makes the warmage something to be feared at that level instead of a nerfed archmage/Mage. Woot +9 damage to my destruction.....:(

BelGareth
2010-07-27, 09:57 PM
Feat suggestions:

Critical Edge
Requirements: improved critical, weapon focus(ranged spell) 14th CL
Benefit: double the threat range of ranged attack spell, this stacks with improved critical.

Empowered Edge
Requirements: arcane strike, BAB +4
Benefits: you can utilize arcane strike feat to supplement your attack spells, you may only use it to supplement attack spells you need to roll to hit for.

Sustained Energy
Requirements: CL 8th
Benefits: Through application of your elemental spells you have devised ways to alter the affects to utilize the spell power instead of damage. You can cast a damage dealing spell with the sub type of cold, electricity, fire and acid and subsume the affect for the following affects.
Fire: Aid
Water: water breathing
Earth: barkskin
Air: levitate
The subsumed affect last's for 1 round per dice of damage dealt.

Improved sustained energy
Requirements: sustained energy
Benefits: you have mastered the art of manipulating the energy of your spells.
You can now choose to change the spell into the following:
Fire: Daylight
Water: freedom of movement while in water
Earth: stoneskin (with component)
Air: fly
The subsumed affect last's for 1 round per dice of damage dealt. And are considered as spells cast by the warmage.

Advanced sustained energy
Requirments: sustained energy
Benefits: the duration of the spell affects last minutes instead of rounds.