PDA

View Full Version : Psionics questions!

Rigor_Mortis
2010-08-02, 06:22 PM
Mainly does Twin Power work on Inertial Armor? From everything I've read it would.
This would basically give +8 armor bonus for 7 PPs.

(I know I can augment Inertial armor, but at only +1 AC for every 2 PPs.)

And eventually use both Extend Power and Twin Power on Inertial Armor, so I can sit around with a +8 AC virtually all day at level 10.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-02, 06:26 PM
That's not how Twin Power works (or Twin Spell). Twin Power manifests the same power twice, so you have Inertial Armor (giving +4 Armor AC) and Inertial Armor (giving +4 Armor AC). Since armor AC bonuses don't stack, you just end up with +4.

Ernir
2010-08-02, 06:28 PM
Mainly does Twin Power work on Inertial Armor? From everything I've read it would.
This would basically give +8 armor bonus for 7 PPs.

(I know I can augment Inertial armor, but at only +1 AC for every 2 PPs.)

And eventually use both Extend Power and Twin Power on Inertial Armor, so I can sit around with a +8 AC virtually all day at level 10.

Doesn't work like that. You'd get two instances of a power giving a +4 armor bonus. Since bonuses overlap rather than stack, you're only getting a +4.
An opponent would need to succeed on two dispel checks to get rid of the bonus, but otherwise, there is no benefit to Twinning Inertial Armor.

EDIT: Psionic Rogue-ed.

Starbuck_II
2010-08-02, 06:29 PM
That's not how Twin Power works (or Twin Spell). Twin Power manifests the same power twice, so you have Inertial Armor (giving +4 Armor AC) and Inertial Armor (giving +4 Armor AC). Since armor AC bonuses don't stack, you just end up with +4.

You benefit from Dispel effects since enemies need to dispel both.

But mostly it would be a waste.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-02, 07:22 PM
Also note that unless you have more than one source of psionic focus at the same time(schism or feats for psicrystal to also focus), you can't use 2 metapsionic feats at the same time: You must consume psionic focus to activate any(most?) metapsis.