PDA

View Full Version : 1 player, helpz...

Volomon
2010-08-07, 11:56 PM
Ok, I've got a mix of groups going. 4e with 5 players, 3.5e with 2 players, and SR4e with 4 other players and a DM.

Though it appears I'm getting a lot of gaming in it really hasn't turn out to be that way. The 3.5e group participate in the 4e however the 4e is a once a month group and the 3.5 group has one player that is horridly unreliable. The only constant that I can rely upon is the SR4e.

So I though about it and have decided that I would like to just have a one player campaign something I can do with the wife. So I'm curious what games out there lend itself better than others to such a campaign?

I've been leaning toward White Wolf properties such as World of Darkness and DC Adventures. I don't see D&D working out as well. I'm sure it can be done but it requires a lot of homebrew crafting that I just frankly don't have the time for. I'm looking for a RPG that really lends itself to up and ready 1 player action.

Xefas
2010-08-08, 12:07 AM
You might try Exalted. At the very least, a starting level character is probably going to be better than a normal person in even the areas they're the absolute worst at.

For instance, say you have a Diplomat character who completely tanks their physical stats and puts absolutely nothing into combat abilities. They can probably still beat a normal guy one-on-one in a sword-fight.

And in the areas they're actually good at (in this case, social skills)? Well, they'll probably be able to walk into a city, declare themselves God-Emperor and everyone will just agree with them because they're so gosh-darn likeable (while epic theme music plays in the background - its an actual charm you can get). At character creation.

This sort of thing would lend itself nicely to a one-player environment, I think.