SSGoW
2010-08-12, 09:32 PM
Now this is going to be overpowered and crazy to use :D

Mirror Grue

AC:
Fort:
Ref:
Will:

First attack against each defense auto misses unless it is a crit... The defenses changes to +1 previous attack score...

Example:
Brinzer attacks fist and scores a 17... he misses, the defense he attacks was Ref... The monster's Ref is now 18...

This applies for all his defenses

Saves: gain bonus to to saving throws equal to the number of enemies

Powers:

At-will
Mirror Grue Shift, as a free action you may shift a number of squares equal to 1/2 speed anytime you are hit or missed with an attack

At-will
AoE: X vs will, burst 2: Choose a status effect, if hit that enemy is effected by that status effect till the end of their next turn (or the mirror grue's turn)...May be used once at anytime during Mirror grue shift but is burst one and can only effect 1 enemy per tier level

At-will
Mirror attack: Mirror grue can copy the damage, damage type, and effects of any power used on him the last round. X vs Ref or AC

At-will
Basic attck (claw or fist)
X + 5 vs AC or Ref

X = 1/2 level + # of enemies

Fluff: Mirror Grue's will never attack first, however they are not in the slightest peaceful. They know that biggest power is to wait and react.

What do you think?

tcrudisi
2010-08-12, 09:39 PM
First of all, I do like it. However, I would never use this monster as I think it's a bit too unwieldy.

Second, choosing a status effect is way, way overpowered. Why wouldn't he just always choose "Dominated"? I think it would be better to specify the list that he can choose from. Even then it's still crazy good but at least it's not totally broken.

Also, I'm not sure if you realize this, but you gave the monster a lot of attacks. A lot of attacks. He can shift and make a free attack in response to being either hit or missed in combat? o_0

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-08-12, 09:41 PM
You are likely to be eaten by a Grue...

however, shouldn't this go under Homebrew?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-08-13, 09:38 AM
Ummmmmm... What? :smallconfused:
I don't understand at all.
I see no stat block, hp, and the powers are gibberish. There is also no fluff.

Evard
2010-08-13, 04:20 PM
Of course there is no HP block! Its a grue! lol

SSGoW
2010-08-13, 05:04 PM
HP: *special*

Hp is the average hp of all the enemies combined X 2

Fighter: 30 hp
Wizard: 20 hp
Cleric: 25 hp

75/3 = 25
25 X 2 = 50

Yes this can get huge pretty fast :D

Fluff will come later, I'm a bit lazy right now XD

And The Mirror Grue is going to be a solo :p

*edit* status effects can last till the end of the person's next turn, but since there is a limit on how many can be effected then I dn't think it would be to huge of a problem