Twilight VI; Generations
Twilight VI; The Dream Child
Twilight VI; The Curse of Doliest
Twilight VI; Why would you let me DM?
Twilight VI; The Search for more Money
Twilight VI; We've run out of ideas

industrious
2010-08-14, 10:42 PM
Working on my EPIC openings for Crowley and Spider. Give me a few more minutes.

The Shoveler
2010-08-14, 10:42 PM
I must say, you got Suika down to a T. Very good, considering your lack of knowledge on most things I like. :smallsmile:

doliest
2010-08-14, 10:43 PM
Would you believe I still know almost nothing? I spent five minutes on Toho wikia. Maybe she won't be the nightmare I'm sure she will be. :smalltongue:

The Shoveler
2010-08-14, 10:44 PM
She and Mary Poppins are the most light-hearted characters in this game so far.

Also, are Patient 'Zero' and Mercer the same people? I'm confused. :smallconfused:

doliest
2010-08-14, 10:50 PM
Cracklord's other Vampire was nicknamed 'Patient Zero,' and they're both getting the visions.

doliest
2010-08-14, 10:54 PM
Sorry, Colesign, small question, but where IS Burt?

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-14, 11:04 PM
You forgot Deathshead, though if you want to hold off introductions, till after the Cullen meeting, feel free.
Also I like how you stole the title from Eternal Darkness.

doliest
2010-08-14, 11:10 PM
S***. Sorry, sorry. I'm going to need a little reminder, what's he from? It's been a while, I was relying almost entirely on that last roll-call and a few reminders from Animekid. Sorry.

Edit: Big fan of the game, actually. :smallbiggrin:

Colesign
2010-08-14, 11:11 PM
So, here's my character stats:

http://www.amymittelman.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/julie_andrews_as_mary_poppins.jpg
Mary Poppins, Magical Nanny

If you want this choice position
Have a cheery disposition
Rosy cheeks, no warts!
Play games, all sort

You must be kind, you must be witty
Very sweet and fairly pretty
Take us on outings, give us treats
Sing songs, bring sweets

Never be cross or cruel
Never give us castor oil or gruel
Love us as a son and daughter
And never smell of barley water

1. An Authoritative and Effective Nanny.
2. Has charm, zest, and a musical inclination.
3. Control over the Wind and Gaseous Substances (allowing her to blow away cruel nannies and other nasty beings, and form Cloud platforms, among other things).
4. Advanced Psychokinetic abilities that can be temporarily imbued onto others, as long as it can be justified as being used to "Tidy up the place"
5. Flight at high and low velocities, augmented by her Talking Flamingo Umbrella.
6. Carpet Bag of Holding, containing necessary supplies, her Magic Tape Measure, her Bottle of Medicine, several mirrors, a Sweet Lamp, and a collection of various Weapons.
7. Ability to talk with animals.
8. Ability to jump in and out of Chalk Paintings, and the Realms they portray.
9. Very manipulative and cunning.
10. "Practically Perfect in Every Way."
11. From being a Nanny to families all over the world, has acquired skills and contacts all over the place, including some of the most powerful Vampire Hunting groups.
12. Friends with Burt.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i38XfhjLpcQ/SQGAzYOEKFI/AAAAAAAACEo/M80njggOgF8/s400/mary+poppins+bert.jpg

1. A veritable Spirit of the Working Class, he possesses skills and experiences from a medley of blue-collar jobs over the centuries.
2. Friends with Mary Poppins, and workers in all sorts of working class professions, including Chimney Sweeps, of course.
3. Posesses a small amount of magic on his own, less overt and more subtle than Mary's. The only bits of power he's demonstrated are:
A. Is able to Deflect any hostile projectile Jedi style, using a working class implement.
B. Limited Flight similar to Mary's (more of a controlled descent).

Colesign
2010-08-14, 11:14 PM
Say, Doliest, can you narrate a scene featuring the Cullen family life?

You know, a scene that Mary Poppins can enter into.

industrious
2010-08-14, 11:16 PM
Character Sheets:

Filthy Assistants! To me!

Spider Jerusalem
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/dglawrence/2005/10/13/galeria5.jpg?maxWidth=500
1. Higly deranged muckraker Gonzo journalist from the 25th century.
2. Extremely dedicated to the pusuit of The Truth
3. Genetically enhanced-immune to lung cancer, among other things. He's also got antibodies for diseases that we haven't even thought of yet.
4. On a given day, has taken more drugs that we don't have a name for yet, either. Enough drugs in his backpack to make a drug dealer weep. In his future, crack is for children. They have "My Lil' Junkie" sets.
5. Sunglasses were made by his replicator, who was on drugs at the time. They are directly linked to his brain, and take still photography as he wishes. Or if it believes he is being assaulted. Which includes while getting laid.
6. Always heavily-and I mean heavily-armed. Many hidden firearms, and a bandolier of grenades. Also, highly skilled(in the Malcolm Reynolds school of dirty fighting) at beating the living hell out of people. Including the Secret Service.
7. His weapon of choice: a handheld bowel disrupter. It has a lethal setting, but it doesn't have to be. Most people understand what its purpose is. Completely undetectable by any standard. It has several settings. Including: Loose, Watery, Prolapse, Shat into Unconciousness, and Fatal Intestinal Maelstrom
8. Various technological recording/journalistic devices. Including Source Gas(pill filled with gas that records conversations), a Gene-Reader(analyzes DNA. Completely accurate and admissable in court. Far superior to anything 21st century), ID Tashcan(renders organic material impossible to identify visually or forensically) and G-Sanitize(removes all trave of Spider's Presence from site. Ten square feet per ampule)
9. The Chair Leg of Truth. It does not Lie. Do not offend it. It is wise and terrible.

You see a wile, you thwart. Am I right?

Anthony Crowley
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/134/3/a/Aziraphale_and_Crowley_by_jdillon82.jpg
1. The Greatest Car ever. Ever
2. A Angel who did not fall, so much as Saunter Vaguely downwards. With all the power that implies
3. Style. More than anybody ever alive, dead, or in between
4. Enough Chutzpah to take on the Devil with a Tire Iron
5. Doing this because Aziraphale is currently on holiday in Heaven, so he's trying to do the Angel's job. It isn't quite as good as he hoped for.
6. Responsible for Welsh television, Manchester, value-added tax, and Australia. Among other things.

...And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Spider Jerusalem rolls.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-14, 11:28 PM
Deathshead a.k.a. Wilhelm Strasse was the nazi scientist antagonist from Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the new Wolfenstein game. He built all sorts of advanced weaponry for the Third Reich, specificallfy his dream-child, Project Ubersoldat.

doliest
2010-08-14, 11:36 PM
Ah. He might be getting introduced slightly later. Would you prefer we work with Cracklord to make him part of the Millenium Battalion, or independently imployed? Maybe working for Edward?

industrious
2010-08-14, 11:36 PM
Anybody like my intro to Spider?

The Shoveler
2010-08-14, 11:38 PM
I love it. I think it showcases his awesomeness very well! :smallbiggrin:

God, I've got myself stuck in Suika mode...

I've got an insane man (mercer), a person who is only concerned with power and destroying Atem (bakura), and a childish demon who thinks of everything as a game (suika). Which one seems out of place? :smalltongue:

industrious
2010-08-14, 11:53 PM
So looking forward to Spider meeting more people in Gotham.

doliest
2010-08-14, 11:56 PM
Loved it. Just been busying keeping up a constant stream of posts. DMing is fun once I get into the swing.

Colesign
2010-08-15, 12:21 AM
Mary Poppins finally enters into the game.

Let's see how it goes.

Oh, and Burt is in the same city Mary is in. I'm assuming Mary Poppins is in Forks, where the Cullens are.

doliest
2010-08-15, 12:25 AM
Oh. Gotcha. Going to be a little bit before he sees action then; she has to settle, after all.

Colesign
2010-08-15, 12:49 AM
Oh, by the way: in our particular canon, has the Major burned London down yet?

doliest
2010-08-15, 12:52 AM
Not yet; if he had, he'd likely be dead, as would most of his battalion. Instead, it's likely something he's about to start.

Colesign
2010-08-15, 01:12 AM
So the games begin...:smallamused:

Say Doliest: Do you suppose you could post the links to the previous games, like Darkblade did? It was a nice feature last time.

doliest
2010-08-15, 01:23 AM
I'll get to work on that, though likely in the morning. Keeping up with you psychos is tiring, though I've still got something in me. Bakura, Ganon, and Major aren't advancing til' Cracklord gets on, by the way. Bad form to move something so important forward without one of them getting a say in it. Sukia get's a pass for (no offense) having no relievance to the plot YET. Right now she's just wandering around, causing trouble. Mercer is actually starting to be something rather important, since many of the major DC heroes are in New York trying to contain this.

Edit:I'd like to go on record and say I've had a premonition-My game will be the Fight Club of LynchingITP. It will be remembered in phrases like 'We dont' talk about Twilight VI' and 'UGH! Twilight VI!' And while we're on the subject, can someone who's better with TvTropes give the page a nice sprucing up? Maybe add something to Twilight III? I mean, I know we all acknowledge that Cracklord is a God among DMs:smalltongue:, but I wouldn't mind earning some good karma by getting some acknowledgment of my brother in the triplet DMs game.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 01:47 AM
I can see her epilogue now: "And then I went back to Gensokyo and told my friends about my great adventure! However, none of them believed me. :smallfrown: So I drank some sake and everything was better! The End."

Cracklord
2010-08-15, 02:34 AM
I have seen 'The Expendables', and I weep. For we have reached the pinnacle of cinematography, from which we will never top. It is all down hill from here.

doliest
2010-08-15, 02:43 AM
Heh. I guess my bet on seeing the trailers that it would suck was wrong. For that I am thankful.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 02:51 AM
I would go see it but... I am still only 16. **** YOU AGE LIMITS! And screw you every adult in my family that doesn't want to see it and the others that do want to see it but don't live here and the ones that did want to see it and went already! :smallfurious:

I'm calm now. :smallsmile:

EDIT: I'll have Bakura's deck up.... some time later tomorrow. I've got errands to run and nieces to babysit and all that what.

industrious
2010-08-15, 08:07 AM
Spider is crazy. He is not, however, incompetent. That card should work fine.

I'll just have him use another one.

nanobot_swarm
2010-08-15, 09:36 AM
He's going to work with the Major anyway, so how about an intro where he is found by millenium. He was one of the German scientists put on payroll after the war, rather than be tried at Nuremburg, I imagine that he was found by the Soviets and worked for them, the Western Aliies would have hanged him for the stuff he did. Soviets just wanted him for his expertise in rocketry though, his second attempt with UberSoldat would probably have been underfunded, and would have died with Stalin. By modern day he's living quietly in a home in the Russian countryside, over 100 years old, and since he still is technically a wanted man, the new Russian government isn't going to protect him.

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 10:18 AM
Question. Is there still time to join? I'm planning on playing Rachel Alucard.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 10:39 AM
Question. Is there still time to join? I'm planning on playing Rachel Alucard.

It's up to doliest but normally when you want to bring in a character it is standard practice to post a list of their abilities and powers.

doliest
2010-08-15, 11:02 AM
Spider is crazy. He is not, however, incompetent. That card should work fine.

I'll just have him use another one.

Isn't he from the future? I wouldn't think the card exists yet.

There's time, but I need a list of abilities and what they're from.

doliest
2010-08-15, 11:35 AM
Behold-the Idea that made me approve Samus, and tremble ye' mortals. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 11:50 AM
It's up to doliest but normally when you want to bring in a character it is standard practice to post a list of their abilities and powers.

Duly noted. I'll make sure to post it later.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 01:13 PM
Oh hell yes! Rachel Alucard! One third of the Tea Sipping Vampires Club, or TSVC for short. Other members include Evangeline MacDowell and Remilia Scarlet. More shall join later as they are discovered.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 02:37 PM
Japan makes has a lot of tea sipping vampires.

Colesign
2010-08-15, 02:53 PM
Say, whatever happened to the butlers? You know, Walter and Alfred.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 02:56 PM
People decided they didn't want to play them I guess.

A shame since we got Gotham as part of this game's setting we are going to have Alfred show up at some point. It's like a rule.

Edit: Also what members of the Bat-family are in town for this game? This is the kind of thing Oracle should know.

doliest
2010-08-15, 03:41 PM
Batman(**** Grayson), obviously, Tim Drake 'Red Robin', and Huntress.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 03:52 PM
Huntress is problematic since she is Oracle's other primary field agent and I'd perfer not to have to give her orders too.

So no Batgirl (Steaphanie Brown or Cass Cain), Red Hood, Batwoman, or new Azrael?

doliest
2010-08-15, 03:56 PM
I must be out of the loop if Jason Todd is part of the 'Bat Family' in any cooperative way. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) is in town, as is Batwoman. Sorry, been pushing post more reflexively lately.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 04:06 PM
Normally Jason isn't cooperative with the rest of the Bat Family but he'd be willing to work with them on this. Dead Robins would hit a bit close to home for him.

doliest
2010-08-15, 04:23 PM
Good point, and then yes, she will also be able to contact Jason Todd.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 04:26 PM
Huh. Alex Mercer vs. the Justice League every superhero in New York. Who will win? Find out next issue!

doliest
2010-08-15, 04:30 PM
It's a rather large group, to be honest. On the other hand, not everyone is being sent on 'catch Mercer' duty.

Cracklord
2010-08-15, 04:31 PM
I don't want to introduce Nuada until the card games actually begin. Otherwise his rant won't work.

Also:
Arcueid Brunestud, Princess of the True Ancestors
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090919213957/typemoon/images/b/bf/Arc_mbaa.png
The True Ancestors were the original vampire race - nature spirits created by the avatar of the moon, "Brunestud the Crimson Moon" as part of a deal to protect the spirit of the Earth. Though they were shaped like humans, they inherited their father's bloodlust. It's not that they actually needed blood, just that they craved it - the Ancestors ended up using most of their considerable powers to hold this at bay. As part of their attempts to better control their urges, they infused humans with their blood, resulting in the creation of the first Dead Apostles, the common vampire race (who do need human blood, so that the True Ancestor part of them won't break down the human part and destroy them).

Arcueid was created to hunt down and kill the Demon Lords, True Ancestors who had given in to their bloodlust and were thus too powerful for most of their kind to confront directly. She earned the surname "Brunestud" through her ability to summon the Crimson Moon's Millenium Castle through her powers, making her effectively vampire royalty. It was thought that she did not have a craving for blood at all. Then a rogue priest tricked her into turning him into a powerful Dead Apostle. As a result Arcueid went berserk and wiped out most of her race. She now spends most of her time trying to track the guy down and kill him.

+ Claws
+ Superhuman strength, speed and endurance
+ Cannot be harmed by nonmagical weapons, or indeed magical weapons below a certain strength
+ Instant regeneration
+ Can hypnotise people through eye contact
+ Marble Phantasm can create any effect which is possible in nature. (does not work in alternate dimensions, etc.)
+ Abilities increase further under the full moon
+ Immune to most anti-vampire abilities, since True Ancestors are a more "natural" race than humans.
- Has gaps in her knowledge of the modern world, can be rather childish at times
- Possibility of going berserk, which frees up 80% of her power. At worst, could cause an end-of-the-world scenario as she becomes the reincarnation of the Crimson Moon.

doliest
2010-08-15, 04:32 PM
Gotcha; and 'Patient Zero' and
I thought that Major was starting off in Fauks, then gathering his forces? :smallconfused: I can adjust it, if you want, it's just a little confusing.

Cracklord
2010-08-15, 04:36 PM
Nah, he's going to attack from ground zero. Though don't worry. He's quite prepared to negotiate with Edward Cullen before hand.

Prime32
2010-08-15, 04:39 PM
I don't want to introduce Nuada until the card games actually begin. Otherwise his rant won't work.

Also:
Arcueid Brunestud, Princess of the True Ancestors
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090919213957/typemoon/images/b/bf/Arc_mbaa.png
The True Ancestors were the original vampire race - nature spirits created by the avatar of the moon, "Brunestud the Crimson Moon" as part of a deal to protect the spirit of the Earth. Though they were shaped like humans, they inherited their father's bloodlust. It's not that they actually needed blood, just that they craved it - the Ancestors ended up using most of their considerable powers to hold this at bay. As part of their attempts to better control their urges, they infused humans with their blood, resulting in the creation of the first Dead Apostles, the common vampire race (who do need human blood, so that the True Ancestor part of them won't break down the human part and destroy them).

Arcueid was created to hunt down and kill the Demon Lords, True Ancestors who had given in to their bloodlust and were thus too powerful for most of their kind to confront directly. She earned the surname "Brunestud" through her ability to summon the Crimson Moon's Millenium Castle through her powers, making her effectively vampire royalty. It was thought that she did not have a craving for blood at all. Then a rogue priest tricked her into turning him into a powerful Dead Apostle. As a result Arcueid went berserk and wiped out most of her race. She now spends most of her time trying to track the guy down and kill him.

+ Claws
+ Superhuman strength, speed and endurance
+ Cannot be harmed by nonmagical weapons, or indeed magical weapons below a certain strength
+ Instant regeneration
+ Can hypnotise people through eye contact
+ Marble Phantasm can create any effect which is possible in nature. (does not work in alternate dimensions, etc.)
+ Abilities increase further under the full moon
+ Immune to most anti-vampire abilities, since True Ancestors are a more "natural" race than humans.
- Has gaps in her knowledge of the modern world, can be rather childish at times
- Possibility of going berserk, which frees up 80% of her power. At worst, could cause an end-of-the-world scenario as she becomes the reincarnation of the Crimson Moon.That statblock looks oddly familiar... :smallwink:

doliest
2010-08-15, 04:43 PM
Ah, in that case, Edward introduces the Major, but then, upon seeing he's not there starts muttering about how he should have talked to Alice to make sure all three showed up.

Cracklord
2010-08-15, 04:49 PM
That statblock looks oddly familiar... :smallwink:

It's the damnest thing. I think you're right.

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 04:50 PM
Valkenhayn is still up for grabs. Rachel will most certainly NOT brew her own tea. (I can NPC him, as I will Nago and Gii for obvious reasons, but it's not as fun.)

doliest
2010-08-15, 04:54 PM
A spot is still open, then.

Cracklord, the next post for Major will be Nanobot's chance for an introduction, unless the two of you would prefer I write that.

Prime32
2010-08-15, 05:01 PM
Valkenhayn is still up for grabs. Rachel will most certainly NOT brew her own tea. (I can NPC him, as I will Nago and Gii for obvious reasons, but it's not as fun.)Problem is, while Valkenhayn is known to be extremely powerful, no one knows anything concrete about his abilities, and won't until he's released as a downloadable character (he's the next one, right?).

I don't think it's even been confirmed that he's a werewolf, just heavily implied.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that's a major problem. (Yeah, I think he's next. They've leaked an image and song from the game, so it can be assumed.)

Too bad, Valkenhayn looked like he would have been a fun character to interact with.

Prime32
2010-08-15, 05:09 PM
Yeah, that's a major problem. (Yeah, I think he's next. They've leaked an image and song from the game, so it can be assumed.)The songs were leaked at the same time (they were already on the game disc), and Valkenhayn was an NPC in both games so far meaning there were already pictures of him. One of three DLC characters has been released so far.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 05:13 PM
Yeah, he's been confirmed (http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/08/valkenhayn-hellsing-officially-confirmed-as-blazblue-dlc/)as the second character.

(It's official on the japanese link they give, but I don't like having to translate japanese)

darkblade
2010-08-15, 05:27 PM
Did Mercer just absorb Flash's powers?

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 05:29 PM
He's expected to hit in September.

Either way, Rachel doesn't make Valkenhayn do much, honestly. Even in CS the most action he's experienced was
making sure Jin couldn't draw Yukianesa by doing something to him.

doliest
2010-08-15, 05:30 PM
In a way. Mercer has the ability to...but it's a complete copy. He has to take Flash's shape to copy his power, so if he absorbed another Superhuman, he can't use two powers in conjunction.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 06:21 PM
Okay so he won't go full Sylar on us.

doliest
2010-08-15, 06:30 PM
No, it's more Volume Four Peter. With Murder.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 06:34 PM
I was getting worried about that, actually. I didn't want another Sylar in the games. :smallsmile:

industrious
2010-08-15, 07:30 PM
Kirby would be having perverted fantasies if that happened. And nobody wants to know what Kirby is thinking on a good day.

Still waiting for Spider to start interacting with the rest of Team Gotham.

darkblade
2010-08-15, 07:34 PM
Kirby would be having perverted fantasies if that happened. And nobody wants to know what Kirby is thinking on a good day.

Still waiting for Spider to start interacting with the rest of Team Gotham.

Black Canary just chased the Ripper into his cab.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 08:07 PM
After due consideration I think I'll drop Illyria. Just no way to work her in, you know?

doliest
2010-08-15, 08:09 PM
My problem exactly; I can still easily intergrate another character, if you want.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 08:35 PM
I'll keep it in reserve for now, but yes I would.

doliest
2010-08-15, 08:37 PM
That's one mystery answered a few pages faster than I'd expected. Huh. Oh well. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 09:00 PM
Now let's see. If Rachel Alucard doesn't have to actually observe the events of a time loop, what is there left for her to do but amuse herself...

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:02 PM
Well, the timeline is falling in on itself. People in the future are already dead, for some reason. From her perspective, Time is falling apart. And I still need that sheet.

Colesign
2010-08-15, 09:06 PM
God damm Freddy.

The little creep just won't stay dead.

However, I'm reminded of a quote concerning a situation much like this:

Now, now girl. Don't be scared. It's only a Nightmare. Even the Nightmares have nightmares of their own.

But What do the Nightmares have nightmares about?

Me!

industrious
2010-08-15, 09:08 PM
You're four games behind on that count, mate.

And I'm hoping someone can play Captain America. We need a Cape in this game. Unfortunately, I've never really read any Cap.

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 09:13 PM
Well, the timeline is falling in on itself. People in the future are already dead, for some reason. From her perspective, Time is falling apart. And I still need that sheet.

Ah, okay. >.>;; (*obviously has no clue where to begin*)

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:16 PM
Just make a list of her abilities and what shes from. 'Cause I don't even know that.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 09:31 PM
That settles it. I'm playing Green Arrow.

Cracklord
2010-08-15, 09:33 PM
Damnit! I was going to play Green Arrow! Though I kinda forfeited my right when I played the princess of the crimson moon, so I can't really complain.
I'd play Captain America, except as an Australian that would be wrong, and I'd never betray my country like that. Wouldn't be fair Dinkum, would it drongo? Still, we're sweet aren't we? What's say we go throw some shrimps on the barby, and play some cricket? Crikey! A crocodile's got my leg!

Besides, the only Cap I've ever read was the Ultimate Captain America, who is basically a jingoistic douche.

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:34 PM
Just as I throw another post to Freddy you figure out your other character, too. That's a good sign.

industrious
2010-08-15, 09:34 PM
You think Spider's bad now...just wait for his next line.

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:36 PM
Don't remind me. Please, for the love of my calm demenour, don't remind me of Marvel Ultimates. You could play Captain Australia. :smallwink:

Cracklord
2010-08-15, 09:37 PM
I've got a third character already.

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 09:37 PM
Well, I don't really know the full extent of her abilities, except for teleportation, throwing lightning at people, generic abilities at twisting magic on a whim and control over a planetary defense system that, in theory, does not exist at the time of the story. And she's from a game called Blazblue.

industrious
2010-08-15, 09:38 PM
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."

Captain America is awesome. But I can't play him due to lack of knowledge either.

It's not fair.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 09:38 PM
Damnit! I was going to play Green Arrow! Though I kinda forfeited my right when I played the princess of the crimson moon, so I can't really complain.
I'd play Captain America, except as an Australian that would be wrong, and I'd never betray my country like that. Wouldn't be fair Dinkum, would it drongo? Still, we're sweet aren't we? What's say we go throw some shrimps on the barby, and play some cricket? Crikey! A crocodile's got my leg!

Well sucks to be you, skippy.
And there is a special place in hell reserved for people who perpetrate stereotypes as you do.

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:39 PM
Just to make sure, what exactly is her usual goal, job etc?

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 09:41 PM
http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel

Her page. Look up the stuff there, Kuroimaken.

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:47 PM
By the way, Cracklord? The Tournament has started.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 09:49 PM
I am going to get so sick of wisecracks.

And he'll be at a tutorial for the next couple of hours.

industrious
2010-08-15, 09:52 PM
Such is life.

And darkblade's afk as well.

Which means...

Ladies and Gentlemen! Ladies and Gentlemen! Here in Gotham Square, for one night only, a spectacular main event...

Spider Jerusalem, hard-hitting journalist of the New Scum, versus the Crown Prince of Crime, the King of Arkham Asylum...The Joker!

Colesign
2010-08-15, 09:56 PM
You're four games behind on that count, mate.

Am I?:smallamused:

doliest
2010-08-15, 09:58 PM
I am going to get so sick of wisecracks.

And he'll be at a tutorial for the next couple of hours.

I knew he was off line, but when he's on, he'll know. He'll know my APPLE AND BACON PIE! Sorry, insane with power. Neither he nor Darkblade are on, so it's not a big issue. Oh and Spider V Joker will come, after a short intervention with a personal favorite of mine.

Kuroimaken
2010-08-15, 10:02 PM
Just to make sure, what exactly is her usual goal, job etc?

"My 'job'? The millenia-old head of the Alucard Family is no more expected to have a 'job' than a fly is supposed to move the moon out of its orbit. 'Jobs' are the preoccupation of the pedestrian and the humane whom do not command the ability to bend others to their whim, simply because they are who they are. I am a hedonist and an observer - my place in the universe is that of a spectator, never to take the stage myself."
"Our job, in the meantime, is to get our butts handed to us by the princess. AAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!!! Princess! I can't stretch that far!!"
"I swear, this idiot brings it on himself."

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 10:04 PM
I can't wait for Mercer to absorb a martial artist. He'll have a really lame line and it will be awesome! :smallamused:

Also, Mercer is surprisingly fun to play. I thank the DM for that.

And.... time to start working on Bakura's deck. God, this is going to be harder than I thought.

industrious
2010-08-15, 10:10 PM
I don't think Bakura plays with a full deck. It should be easier than you think.

doliest
2010-08-15, 10:13 PM
Well as an Observer of the Timeline, she can see that everything is falling apart.

You're welcome, Shoveler. Now I'm going back to murmuring to myself about the fact that this game is going horribly.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 10:25 PM
He plays with a full deck NOW!

Monsters: 20
Dark Ruler Ha Des
Darkness Neosphere
Dark Necrofear
Dark Master - Zorc x2
Demise, King of Armageddon
Doomcalibur Knight x2
Gil Garth
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Newdoria x3
Ritual Raven x2
Night Assailant x2
Slate Warrior x3

Spells: 13
Spirit Message "I"
Spirit Message "N"
Spirit Message "A"
Spirit Message "L"
Mystical Space Typhoon
Swords of Revealing Light
Lightning Vortex
Smashing Ground x2
Contract with the Abyss x2
Fissure x2

Traps: 7
Destiny Board
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Dust Tornado
Mirror Force
Magic Cylinder
Call of the Haunted

Awaiting approval.

doliest
2010-08-15, 10:33 PM
Approved, duh.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 10:33 PM
Well I'm warning you, the Joker deals from the bottom of the deck.

industrious
2010-08-15, 10:40 PM
And Spider has no deck. If he ever is caught in a Shadow Game/Punishment Game, he has his own rules to play by.

doliest
2010-08-15, 10:44 PM
Heh. And Joker is the one who gets the first of several bombshells, if you don't count Alice being the Ripper, and everyone saw that coming.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 10:46 PM
Why, who said you had to be in a game? Bakura's been shown to be able to bring monsters to life and activate spells and traps without having to duel someone. However, effects of cards is completely up to the DM, as they obviously work differently outside of Children's Trading Card Duels.

industrious
2010-08-15, 10:58 PM
I thought the Game justified the powers. Otherwise, they'd be a great deal more Mind Crushes in the anime. Not just ones after playing a Children's Card Game.

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 11:06 PM
True. Although I do remember him using Binding Chain on a guard while they went to rescue Mokuba in Duelist Kingdom.

It's up to the DM as always. :smallamused:

doliest
2010-08-15, 11:11 PM
Leave me alone! I'm confused enough with my own plot, much less the inane ramblings of you lot! :smalltongue:

The Shoveler
2010-08-15, 11:25 PM
Alex Mercer vs. Mechakara Metal Superhero Squad of Doom.

It's like Christmas come early :smallbiggrin:

industrious
2010-08-15, 11:33 PM
darkblade? Spider's with the Joker at the moment. Canary's with Ollie.

doliest
2010-08-15, 11:34 PM
Small question. How much like sharks are you guys?

industrious
2010-08-15, 11:39 PM
I don't understand that question.

As for Crowley's fast travel...it's a one-off plot device. I was going to have him cross the Atlantic first, to give him traveling time as well.

I mean, there isn't much in London for him to do.

doliest
2010-08-15, 11:40 PM
And that is why you fail.

Can't get an Image.

Ha, you're really bad at this.
Shut up, Deadpool!

It's a joke, Indy. :smalltongue:

industrious
2010-08-15, 11:45 PM
I worked for eight hours today. My sense of humor is pretty much dead by now. Ditto my faith in humanity.

Thank god for having the next two days off.

doliest
2010-08-15, 11:48 PM
Ah. I know the feeling. The sense of humor part; I don't have faith in humanity. Still, at least you've got two days off.

Draxx
2010-08-15, 11:49 PM
Darkblade? The Joker blew up the entire street. The road is collapsing into the ground, and the cars are all smashing into each other. Not a good idea to stay around.
Ollie is actually saving you, as staying around will probably be fatal.
Also, what phase in the relationship should we be at? Married, engaged, or what?

industrious
2010-08-16, 12:16 AM
Time for a Spider and Joker debate?

This will be fun.

Draxx
2010-08-16, 12:22 AM
Strange, anyway. They don't follow the same logic as normal people.

doliest
2010-08-16, 12:24 AM
Strange, anyway. They don't follow the same logic as normal people.

Future!Hunter S. Thompson is arguing with an Insane Serial Killer Clown. All of my wildest fantasies have come true and I can die a happy man.

industrious
2010-08-16, 12:28 AM
No, I am not dead. I cannot be killed. My own assistants have tried to kill me, but, like Rasputin, I notice not the poison and laugh at their icepicks. Shoot me in the lungs and I'll snarl and spit nicotine tar at you from the bulletholes. You thought I was dead, but I sailed away, on a wave of mutilation.

Draxx
2010-08-16, 12:33 AM
I can't die because I'm a character worth nearly as much as Batman himself. Not just the man wearing the cowl, but the entirety of the image Batman.
Yeah, they'd really kill me. While you're story is over. You do not matter.

industrious
2010-08-16, 12:49 AM
At least I never surfed with my arch-nemesis.

Draxx
2010-08-16, 12:56 AM
Hey! Batsy and I so rarely get moments like that, where we have each other all to ourselves, without explosions and trying to kill each other getting in the way. That is one of my fondest memories, I'll have you know.
It's right. Me and him are two peas in a pod. We were meant to be together. And you just jealous you have never found anyone as close to your heart as he is to me.

industrious
2010-08-16, 01:01 AM
I have the Mountain. What more does any man need?

Draxx
2010-08-16, 01:05 AM
A soulmate. The person who completes you. Who defines who you are. Who makes every day worth living, who drives your very thought. The one who gives you your purpose.

industrious
2010-08-16, 01:13 AM
Her? She died.

EDIT: I know have an idea for Character Number the Third.

Robert "Hob" Gadling
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6179/147249-192454-robert-gadling_large.jpg

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 01:58 AM
I need Nanobot to post before the major can do anything.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 02:03 AM
Ack, it's Garnecia Elefantis! a badass elephant thing that totally has no relation to Children's Card Games in the slightest.

Nuada earns style points with me and is currently making me want to see Hellboy 2. Is it as good as or better than the first one?

doliest
2010-08-16, 02:13 AM
I need Nanobot to post before the major can do anything.

And the 'Subject Zero' Vampire?

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 02:25 AM
I'm saving her for a rainy day.

darkblade
2010-08-16, 10:10 AM
Darkblade? The Joker blew up the entire street. The road is collapsing into the ground, and the cars are all smashing into each other. Not a good idea to stay around.
Ollie is actually saving you, as staying around will probably be fatal.
Also, what phase in the relationship should we be at? Married, engaged, or what?

I missed a bunch of posts I'll work out what happened.

I am a diehard Babs/Dinah shipper. I'd say this is the early 00s where they had mutally agreed to split up.

industrious
2010-08-16, 10:15 AM
She is 75% Heterosexual, after all.

And you're just fueling Spider's fantasies with that statement.

Draxx
2010-08-16, 05:15 PM
I am a diehard Babs/Dinah shipper. I'd say this is the early 00s where they had mutally agreed to split up.

Damn-it, I support them getting together again.
Well, this is going to end in tragedy, one way or another.

darkblade
2010-08-16, 05:33 PM
Damn-it, I support them getting together again.
Well, this is going to end in tragedy, one way or another.

Well they never were together at any point in time when she was on the Birds of Prey and they are divorced in the current cannon.

I'm willing for them to get back together over the course of the game but I just perfer for them to be apart for now.

Draxx
2010-08-16, 05:38 PM
Your call. Whatever you think works. I'm fine with it going either way.

doliest
2010-08-16, 05:53 PM
My favorite part of the game-when characters start trying to kill each other. :smallamused:

darkblade
2010-08-16, 05:55 PM
My favorite part of the game-when characters start trying to kill each other. :smallamused:

AKA: The part where the DM doesn't have to do anything to do anything to move the story on. :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-08-16, 05:56 PM
Yep. People who don't DM don't know the simple joy of sitting back and enjoying as all your machinations and approvals slowly mean you don't have to do anything but watch them bicker like an old married couple. With weapons and superpowers.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 06:09 PM
Indeed. Nothing like knowing you don't have to lift a finger to stop them.

doliest
2010-08-16, 06:11 PM
Heh. Truly, a joy of joys.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 06:13 PM
How DARE you just ignore the almighty Suika Ibuki! She is not one to be trifled with. :smallamused:

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 06:21 PM
Hey Dodo, your leaving me hangin' with Dedede's post. Doliest?

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 06:37 PM
Suika is only bright and bubbly because she's drunk. Imagine if you took away her sake for a day... :smalltongue:

industrious
2010-08-16, 06:41 PM
We will eventually have to end the Spider-Joker duel, though. If only because both Draxx and I like our characters too much to let one of them die.

doliest
2010-08-16, 06:52 PM
Don't worry, I'm just waiting before ending it. The longer you do it, the more the post count goes up you ensure I don't have to do anything nothing at all.

The Tygre
2010-08-16, 06:54 PM
A new challenger enters the fray (on invitation from Cracklord);

http://www.gorillapublishing.com/images/TheTop10FreakiestComicBookCharactersOfAl_67D2/rasputin1.gif

Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, High Priest of the Ogdru Jahad

+ A Fisher of Men: Even before his death, Rasputin was known for his hypnotic stare and silver tongue. The imbuement by the Ogdru Jahad have given him a now mystical grasp over people. He has successfully started cults and has powerful connections in the world, including the tech conglomerate Zinco Corp.
+ Die-Hard: Rasputin was famous for being notoriously difficult to kill. Even if his body has been burned away, his bones will still try to act for him. Granted, he can still be killed, but he has a supernatural endurance far beyond mortal men.
+ Words of Power: The Ogdru Jahad have taught Rasputin the ancient syllables that compose the rawest foundations of magic. Rasputin has an array of mystical abilities at his disposal; astral projection, mind control, possession, telekinesis, several offensive abilities, etc. Just as importantly, Rasputin has knowledge of a veritable library of ancient rituals and summonings.
= "Grandmother": Rasputin's original teacher was the hag Baba Yaga. Teaching him the ways of the Dragon, Baba Yaga took half of Rasputin's soul for safe-keeping. Hence, Rasputin will always be at least a ghost upon his death, and can even be reincarnated. However, that half a soul belongs to Baba Yaga, and she may have her own uses for it.
= The Resurrection of the Body: Even if his body is destroyed, Rasputin can still be resurrected into a corporeal form. This is done by offering blood at a shrine to one of the Ogdru Jahad. However, the sacrifice has to be human, and the shrines themselves are at far off corners of the earth, such as the Himalayas, the North Pole, and even the bottom of the sea.
= Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghosts: During his body-less state, Rasputin wanders the world as a ghost, relying on his words to act. He can even possess another person's body. However, he can still be exorcised from the host or area as any ghost, and if he spends too long in such a state will eventually return to Baba Yaga or even the Ogdru Jahad.
- No Friends on the Other Side: Rasputin is infamous in the supernatural world. Aside from Baba Yaga, he has very few allies and many enemies, including Anansi, multiple Faerie courts, ghosts, witches, several arch-demons, and even other worshipers of the Ogdru Jahad such as Hecate. And that's not even getting into the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense. Rasputin's plans will have to work around these, to say the least.
- Just a Man, Grigori: For all his mystical potency and durability, Rasputin is just a man. He can be killed, he doesn't have super strength or super speed, and this is to say nothing of the fact that he's getting up in years for his mortal frame.
- My God is With Me: Grigori's body is host to a larval Ogdru Hem, one of the Ogdru Jahad's 369 children. While the larva does provide Rasputin with a certain amount of extra toughness, its a parasite more than anything. It thinks and acts on its own, occasionally manifesting via extra tentacles, mouths, eyes, etc. While Grigori might not mind the 'blessings', others might find it more disconcerting.

So, I can killz sparklepirez now?

doliest
2010-08-16, 06:57 PM
I assume as part of 'Millenium' ? If so, sure. Presumebly greeting Ganon(TWBB) and Samus onto the ship, because it's just one of those days.

darkblade
2010-08-16, 07:00 PM
I almost wish I didn't already have three/four characters. We need Cap or a similarly qualified nazi-buster here.

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, Doliest I was using the Twilight princess charcter model for Ganon. The one that doesn't have a 4 inch nose.

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 07:14 PM
ALRIGHT, here goes Ganondorf vs. 3 vampires and an ogre.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 07:16 PM
ONI, ONI DAMMIT! Ogre's are miles apart from Oni. They're closer to demons if anything.

industrious
2010-08-16, 07:16 PM
For Character Number The Third, I was thinking about Spider-Man. But a Spider-Man where OMD happened logically, Aunt May died in peace, and Mary Jane Parker is still Mary Jane Parker.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 07:24 PM
What's a "One More Day?" To my knowledge, that never existed. :smallconfused:

doliest
2010-08-16, 07:30 PM
Oh no you don't. Spidey made his deal with the devil, and d***it, he has to stick with it!

Ignore any DMing I make in the OOC if it's obvious I just watched Voyager and feel the need to DM as Janeway captains, maggots.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 07:39 PM
The Captain never speaks. Ever. Never. Never ever.

Look, just let me play Millenium, alright? They're such a motley crew that you'll never do them justice if you haven't seen it.

And good to see you, Tygre.
We now have magic Nazis, science Nazis, and magic-science Nazis.

We really need a captain America. Desperately.

doliest
2010-08-16, 07:42 PM
Funnily enough, I meant to type Rip Van Winkle. I got mixed up due to not paying attention, but...I don't really mind letting you handle them. Considering a show of trust, rather than the laziness it really is.

Edit:Shoveler, Y-Bakura has touched down in Volterra. I don't know if you noticed....or I missed a post.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 07:54 PM
Damnit, somebody play Captain America! I mean it!

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 07:57 PM
I WOULD, but I'm currently on Team Evil with two of my characters and the other is just too fun to play. And I'm in YOUR game, so I've got a lot on my plate as is. At least compared to last game, that is.

doliest
2010-08-16, 07:58 PM
I'm the DM. I can't play a character that someone else doesn't make available. No one here is from Marvel.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 08:02 PM
Never stopped me.

Colesign
2010-08-16, 08:02 PM
Say, Doliest, how complicit is Renesmee in her parent's diabolical plan?

(As well as in the skinning of Jacob, alive, then enslaving his spirit into being a sort of dream guardian?)

darkblade
2010-08-16, 08:06 PM
I'm the DM. I can't play a character that someone else doesn't make available. No one here is from Marvel.

Indy wants to play Spider-Man. Thats Marvel.

Edit: That autocensor is going to make dealing with Batman a nightmare.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 08:11 PM
Just do what I do when I want a specific word to be said.
D*ck. Self-censor the vowel and the word isn't recognized and therefore not censored.

AnimeKid seems to think that bastard and hell are censored, though. They aren't, Ak. They aren't.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 08:16 PM
Given Samus's DNA, I wonder what the Nazis could really do to her.

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 08:17 PM
Ganon is standing in place and stomping all around. He is big enough to stomp on you guys without moving around to much.

industrious
2010-08-16, 08:34 PM
Yeah. We need a Captain America. Expect Spider-Man to comment on this.

EDIT: I need an intro for the Web-Head.

EDIT2: You know who else this game is missing? SS Colonel Hans Landa.

doliest
2010-08-16, 08:50 PM
Say, Doliest, how complicit is Renesmee in her parent's diabolical plan?

(As well as in the skinning of Jacob, alive, then enslaving his spirit into being a sort of dream guardian?)
Apathetic. She's not really involved; in a way she's attempting to circumvent it, but not for any good reason. The skinning of Jacob...is complicated.
Do you want me to do Spidey's intro, or do you want to?

industrious
2010-08-16, 08:54 PM
If you could, that would be great.

And I liked Voyager. It was a guilty pleasure, but still. I liked it.

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 09:01 PM
GOD. DAMN. F*CKing. ONI. BITCH.

doliest
2010-08-16, 09:02 PM
I like it in the same way I liked, say, the Last Airbender. It's an enjoyable experience. But only if I'm making fun of it.

Edit:Where do you want Spidey?

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 09:02 PM
GOD. DAMN. F*CKing. ONI. BITCH.

I'm glad I'm being appreciated. :smalltongue:

industrious
2010-08-16, 09:03 PM
You mean the movie and not the cartoon. I hope.

doliest
2010-08-16, 09:05 PM
Yeah. And I probably should have just posted the thing about Spidey here.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 09:17 PM
Something terrible is about to happen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEMjqqw4oY&feature=related)

EDIT2: You know who else this game is missing? SS Colonel Hans Landa.

Oh, we don't like him over here. He ended the war early. He cost us our finest, most visionary, patron. He hasn't made any friends over here.

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 09:24 PM
Man today is not my day. Both of my characters are being murdered. Guess my begginers luck ran out.

Colesign
2010-08-16, 09:28 PM
You know what else this game is missing?

Sergeant Donny Donovitz.

Or course, you may know him better as...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pewWLVM9IXI

industrious
2010-08-16, 09:39 PM
Something terrible is about to happen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEMjqqw4oY&feature=related)

Oh, we don't like him over here. He ended the war early. He cost us our finest, most visionary, patron. He hasn't made any friends over here.

But in a game without Captain America...we can use him as our darker, grittier anti-Nazi countermeasure.

EDIT: Still waiting on Spider-Man and a response from the mayor of Forks. Where the city motto is: Nobody Forks with the Chief of Police!

EDIT2: Where's Draxx?

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 09:44 PM
Haven't heard from him since yesterday. He's at uni and I'm not, so hard to say.

Man today is not my day. Both of my characters are being murdered. Guess my begginers luck ran out.

Quite the opposite. Samus is going to become a lot stronger, faster, and more powerful. She won't even need that armor to shoot energy balls anymore. Only problem is there will be side effects, including but not limited to: being turned into a giant mutant slug monster, being turned into a vampire, mutating horribly and dying.
Besides, losing occasionally is fun.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 09:46 PM
Wait, the tattoed person was a WOMAN? :smalleek:

I always thought that was a man.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 09:48 PM
Wait, the tattoed person was a WOMAN? :smalleek:

I always thought that was a man.

Yeah. How creepy is that? But Zorrin is definitely a woman. Which is why Pip calls her a lesbian.
She's almost as buff as Anderson, and three feet shorter :eek:

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 09:57 PM
Hold on what would the experiments do to her. She has DNA of the Chozo who were a race of bird like poeple and this part of her DNA granted her the past human strength and agility she has, AND strands of Metroid DNA which were a race of jellyfish like aliens which drained the lifeforce of other organisims.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about that. The Doktor's good enough to make a self actualizing Schrodinger cat, so I'm sure he can figure her out.

industrious
2010-08-16, 10:10 PM
I wish Spider had brought his own cat along for the ride. She's like a feline version of him.

doliest
2010-08-16, 10:14 PM
Crowley got an update edited in; and I still need to know where you want Spidey to start off. My current idea is breaking through a window and kicking Alex Mercer in the face, but I doubt you want that.

industrious
2010-08-16, 10:17 PM
I'd rather not have another PvP at the moment. What with Spider(this will get confusing fast, I can tell) and the Joker.

Maybe a Batman Cold Opening? Followed by a cry for help from the Justice League/Avengers/Justice Society/Deadpool is so Sexy let's Jump Him Club?

Get out of my post.

No.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 10:18 PM
I wish Spider had brought his own cat along for the ride. She's like a feline version of him.

Which Spider?

doliest
2010-08-16, 10:20 PM
The problem is, like alot of Marvel(why I didn't want a Marvel in) his base of OP is New York. He'd already be there.

industrious
2010-08-16, 10:21 PM
Spider Jerusalem.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/3881450074_b17b02e6f4.jpg

Their first meeting:

http://groonk.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/transmet-bots-43.jpg

EDIT: Spidey can be put in Gotham or anywhere else, too. He's a photographer for a (somewhat) respectable paper; have JJJ send him out somewhere with a reporter.

doliest
2010-08-16, 10:27 PM
Sure. Any area in particular you want him to be in? A store, the remains of the rode, Ripper central etc.?

industrious
2010-08-16, 10:29 PM
No particular preference. But away from the other Spider and the Joker.

doliest
2010-08-16, 10:39 PM
That work? I can still change it.

industrious
2010-08-16, 10:51 PM
Works fine. Just kept MJ out of the line of fire. Because Parker would try to save her at the expense of his job.

AnimeKid
2010-08-16, 10:54 PM
Shoveler Suika shouldn't be able to do that to Ganons sword. It is very magical, after all it's able to stand up to the Master Sword, which is supposed to be the strongest and most magical sword in existence. At least by legend of Zelda standers.

doliest
2010-08-16, 11:06 PM
Works fine. Just kept MJ out of the line of fire. Because Parker would try to save her at the expense of his job.

All worked out. Safe Evac, for the most part. Far better than the game. Also, Cracklord, when did I start playing Ganon and you started DMing? :smalltongue:
You wanted to DM again after I did, wait...22 or so pages, at this rate.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 11:14 PM
You're in charge, I'm just playing a lot of characters. Like me and Industrious in my game, it's fine to let people lead occasionally if it gives a better standard of story.

industrious
2010-08-16, 11:18 PM
At this point, Spider has killed nineteen people. All but one of them were in self-defense.

The one that wasn't...was his One Day. The worst day of his life. And it just made him more resolved in his course of action.

Draxx
2010-08-16, 11:19 PM
Then it just wasn't bad enough. Good on him, he can take a lot, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a breaking point.

industrious
2010-08-16, 11:22 PM
Or maybe ordinary people don't always crack. Maybe there isn't any need to crawl under a rock with all the other slimey things when trouble hits. Maybe it was just you all the time.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 11:26 PM
Shoveler Suika shouldn't be able to do that to Ganons sword. It is very magical, after all it's able to stand up to the Master Sword, which is supposed to be the strongest and most magical sword in existence. At least by legend of Zelda standers.

Ah, fixed it. I think it works out far better for me this way, anyways. :smallamused:

Draxx
2010-08-16, 11:26 PM
Hey! Only Batsie can talk about me that way!

The Tygre
2010-08-16, 11:34 PM
I have a vague understanding of the present situation. Honestly, I've rolled with less.

Cracklord
2010-08-16, 11:39 PM
Yeah. Well, rule one straight from the Cracklord book of roleplaying: if you can't adapt to the situation, force the situation to adapt to you.

doliest
2010-08-16, 11:40 PM
Heh. Also, is Green Arrow going to New York to catch Mercer?

Draxx
2010-08-16, 11:42 PM
I guess so. Yes.

industrious
2010-08-16, 11:44 PM
You define yourself as part of something more. As an accessory to another. You...need him. You think you have risen above the madness, that you have control because you know that there is no such thing as control, no such thing as order...But no. Even if you were a God, Batman has power over you. You can't stop thinking about him. You can't erase him. Because he's big. Bigger than you'll ever be. And ultimately...you're just powerless. Because it's Batman's world, Joker. And you're just living in it.

doliest
2010-08-16, 11:48 PM
I guess so. Yes.

Um...current communique for Justice Leaguers is only metal-heroes go in; Alex can absorb living creatures. Oracle sent him a message asking him to help Bats out with the Ripper. Green Arrow, Spiderman, and Batman. Huh.

industrious
2010-08-16, 11:52 PM
Id(GA), Ego(Spider-Man), Superego(Batman).

It works.

The Shoveler
2010-08-16, 11:57 PM
Just confirmation: Bakura CAN use his powers outside of the area of Aro, right?

doliest
2010-08-17, 12:12 AM
Yes. yes he can.

Draxx
2010-08-17, 12:18 AM
So, Jacob still isn't here? I'd think I was being quite provocative enough.

doliest
2010-08-17, 12:36 AM
He was still getting out, and Renesmee hadn't called him. It takes a bit longer if she doesn't call him.
Also Bakura went from Second String to Major Disaster when he did that, as he's about to Nuke Volterra with that spell. All characters there that are magical, might start running.

Colesign
2010-08-17, 12:48 AM
It's time to end this :smallannoyed:

By the way, Doliest, I hope that my entry into Nessie's dream wasn't too hand-wavey.

The Shoveler
2010-08-17, 12:48 AM
And THAT is why Bakura deserves some form of respect. He can cause disasters to happen when he has enough power. :smallamused:

Draxx
2010-08-17, 12:57 AM

Quite the contrary, our game has just begun.

Colesign
2010-08-17, 01:05 AM
I'm really, really afraid I'm fan-wanking the kinds of abilities Mary Poppins has. The only defense I can muster for my most recent action is that she's not going to settle for "Maybe I won't come back and butcher the child while you're not looking." She'll want to finish it, now.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't like Freddy:smallmad:

doliest
2010-08-17, 01:06 AM

By the way, Doliest, I hope that my entry into Nessie's dream wasn't too hand-wavey.

Edit:Draxx, Bat is already in the building, but it's very close by. Running distance, really.

No problem. By the way, Shoveler, you just handed me the keys to the end of the First Act. Thank you.

AnimeKid
2010-08-17, 01:08 AM
Ummmm. What is going to happen to Samus? Don't keep me in suspense.

The Shoveler
2010-08-17, 01:10 AM
No problem. :smallsmile: I just took my normal insanity, took Bakura's list of powers, bumped it up to 11 and things just happened.

In lay-man's terms (no idea how to spell that)
1. Insanity
2. Bakura
3. ????
4. Profit!

doliest
2010-08-17, 01:14 AM
Ummmm. What is going to happen to Samus? Don't keep me in suspense.

Up to Cracklord, who isn't on.

Draxx
In case you haven't noticed, I don't like Freddy:smallmad:

You don't like a mess-murdering implied pedophile who's creators treat him like his formulaic movies take talent to run off? Why ever not?
I don't like him either. I'm pretty sure James isn't a fan of a mass murdering psychopath who needs war to get it up himself, though it's hard to tell with James.
But Freddy's not supposed to be liked. He's meant to cultivate feelings of disgust, and make you shudder. That's essentially the point of him.

The Tygre
Updated Raspy to make his orders a bit more clear. Time to start pulling on some of those strings here in the Mortal Coil.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 01:15 AM
Up to Cracklord, who isn't on.

Yes I am. I just don't have anything to do. And I handed Samus over to Deathshead, so it's up to Nanobot.

doliest
2010-08-17, 01:16 AM
You don't like a mess-murdering implied pedophile who's creators treat him like his formulaic movies take talent to run off? Why ever not?
I don't like him either. I'm pretty sure James isn't a fan of a mass murdering psychopath who needs war to get it up himself, though it's hard to tell with James.
But Freddy's not supposed to be liked. He's meant to cultivate feelings of disgust, and make you shudder. That's essentially the point of him.

I like him. But that's just me.

Edit:(Hah, without even editing!) No, no you're not Cracklord. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 01:17 AM
How sure of that are you?

doliest
2010-08-17, 01:18 AM
ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARRRRRS! Oh and it's up to you when they land. Please say soon, it coincides so well. Oh and Nuada and Atem should recognize that they're about to die.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 01:20 AM
Updated Raspy to make his orders a bit more clear. Time to start pulling on some of those strings here in the Mortal Coil.

So, how are we going to do this? I imagine there will be three waves. The first will be the Majors wave, which will be shock and awe tactics, lots of bloodshed, and also get as many people as we can to use as ingredients to make wave two, which will be lots of Deathshead and quickly made vampires/ghouls, and will use multiplying tactics, then wave three, which will be Rasputin.

doliest
2010-08-17, 01:45 AM
Next time, before you wipe out the Justice League, please tell me. Then I could have done something to ensure a few PCs were on that satellite. :smallamused:

The Tygre
2010-08-17, 01:45 AM
Zinco Corp. doesn't really have an army, so to speak. He's more of an arms-dealer and tech dispenser. If we need anything of the mad science variety (giant robots, jet packs, lasers, etc.), he's the supplier. That's not to say that he doesn't have some mercenaries under him, but they're more a clean-up operations team. Our strength lies with the army of the damned that Kroenen has engineered; 666 super-zombies, each one carrying a virulent disease released upon death or with a bite. Now if we really need a third wave, I could always call up something. It's not easy being green.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 01:52 AM
Lovely. I imagine we might not even need a second wave, but just the same it's nice to see our assets.
We have:
A thousand nazi vampires and the means to make more, who turn everyone they kill into ghouls (zombies).
Three vampires with superpowers (probably created through experimentation on Twipires - one who can put an edge on anything (and likes cargames, but not childrens cardgames), one who does illusions and one who can control bullet with her mind and has a lovely singing voice (soprano))
The captain, who is pretty much unstoppable
The means to create jetpacks, lightning guns, giant slug monsters, super soldiers, evil alien monster things from other dimensions, and other miracles of science.
666 super zombie soldiers.

Wow. This is going to escalate.

doliest
2010-08-17, 01:57 AM
I'd be more worried, but Edward and Bella are about ten minutes from wiping that out with a twitch, so...you know, move softly.

The Shoveler
2010-08-17, 02:04 AM
You know, doliest, if I didn't know you better, I'd say you WANTED Suika to die. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 02:08 AM
Now Doliest, somehow I doubt that.
Besides, if you're that determined to turn this into a pissing contest we can have the Tygre invite the Ogdru Jahad in and destroy creation, the afterlife, and everything that isn't God. Rocks fall and everyone dies.
But we will have won. :smallcool:

doliest
2010-08-17, 02:24 AM
It's not really something I'm hiding that Edward and Bella's are going beyond that. They almost already have. Never try staging a p***ing contest with the DM. He always wins. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 02:34 AM
Unless his thread gets abandoned and he's left all alone with nobody to rant at because his game wasn't any fun.
Besides, I'll be DM in a few pages if you don't actually start running the show in regards to my characters. :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-08-17, 02:35 AM
...People are enjoying this. I'm not completely making you all up, or this plot. SHUT UP. :smalltongue::smallamused:

The Tygre
2010-08-17, 02:36 AM
He doubts the ways of the Lord, brother Cracklord. Should I call the Master Race?

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 02:42 AM
Please do.

"And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever."

Colesign
2010-08-17, 10:01 AM
Awww, ishn't he a puor whittle Jhew Hunter? Yes he ish!

God, I hope the Doc doesn't make him a cyborg.

Also, Draxx, am I being too bossy in regards to Mary Poppins's powers?

industrious
2010-08-17, 10:57 AM
Colesign, could you play the Captain? Because we really need the Captain at this point.

Expect jokes about Alhambra and Gambit. "You're stealing his schtick!"

There really isn't that much opposition to the Nazi's at this point. New York has Mercer, but that's it. Everybody else is tied up.

darkblade
2010-08-17, 11:08 AM
There really isn't that much opposition to the Nazi's at this point. New York has Mercer, but that's it. Everybody else is tied up.

Until Samus and TWBB Gannon strike back but yeah we need a Cap, Hellboy, Indiana Jones, Someone who has experience with nazi smashing.

I'd volunteer but I have an erattic posting schedule and already have four characters (plus whoever Oracle calls in Cracklord is allowed to play his nazi army I think I can play a superhero army to run against them).

industrious
2010-08-17, 11:16 AM
NPCwise, though, New York going to be pretty tough for the Nazis. Assuming they get through the USA's ground defenses(aircraft carriers, air bases, surface to air missiles), then the Big Apple has no small share of heroes:

The Punisher
The Avengers(The Captain, Iron Man, Thor, etc)
Daredevil
The Fantastic Four
The Young Avengers
The X-Men

Wait. I have the perfect anti-Nazi character best suited to this game.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/news_images/4/72087_169758_2.jpg

Remember his backstory.

doliest
2010-08-17, 11:59 AM
Trust me, the Nazis will face resistence. It won't take too long for a few people to figure out what's happened with the satellite. Then every single Biological-Super hero that was in New York is going to be an issue.

Prime32
2010-08-17, 12:03 PM
Wasn't there a crossover where the Joker worked with the Red Skull, but tried to kill him when he found out he was a Nazi? Not that Joker's past behaviour is any guide to how he'll act later.

doliest
2010-08-17, 12:05 PM
Yes because he's a criminal, but d***it, he's an American criminal!

industrious
2010-08-17, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, he's also in Gotham, not New York.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 05:08 PM
Please approve Magneto.
I thought of him, but decided it wasn't really appropriate for me to play him and the Major.

doliest
2010-08-17, 05:29 PM
Hm? Oh yeah, he's approved, though working him in this late might be a bit troublesome...oh and Cracklord? Red Skull has no fear of the Major. Even The Major can't intimidate the Skull. No offense, but he's Marvel's Joker, though admittedly not in the 'Chaos' sense, but more in the idea of a villain so far into Evil that the other villains are disgusted by him.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 05:33 PM
Let me put it this way.
Red Skull is sickened by the Major, and a little afraid. Because he wants to build his perfect world in his image over the corpses of everyone he doesn't like.
While the Major doesn't have a goal. Nothing drives him but the absence of one. The Joker might want to watch the world burn, but The Major is actually setting fire to it, and can turn rational and intelligent beings to his line of thinking.
Not to be a bit afraid of this sort of person is supremely arrogant and more then a little stupid. It doesn't mean he's going to start begging and trembling, but it's there.

doliest
2010-08-17, 05:39 PM
That's the reason Red Skull wouldn't be. He IS arrogant. This is a man who left the Nazi party because he thought he was better than them. He's a narcissist among narcissist. It's why he loses. Though, admittedly, it's arguable since nothing like The Major exist in Marvel.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 05:43 PM
Nothing like the Major exists anywhere. At least the Joker has the excuse of mental trauma (insanity) caused by one bad day. The Major doesn't even have that.
Or the excuse of being so evil you can't think straight, or the excuse of cartoonish, stupid villainy. He's just that evil.
But Red Skull isn't that afraid, don't worry. Just a little.

doliest
2010-08-17, 05:49 PM
Heh. I just can't wrap my head around the man who has a larger Ego then the lovechild of Light Yagami and Doctor Doom, who's mentored by Magneto, being afraid. I also find it funny that all three of those people would kill Skull sooner than talk to him.

AnimeKid
2010-08-17, 05:53 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. The Major just intimidated THE RED SKULL. How, I mean I know I don't read a lot of comics, but its the Red Skull arch-nemisis of one of the greastest Marvel superheros ever known.

Cracklord
2010-08-17, 05:56 PM
What can I say? I like war. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wcw5jWRhc)