PDA

View Full Version : Beyond The Setting Sun IC

Ertier
2010-08-18, 01:19 PM
Prologue: The Fool

Observation Deck 1C
18:35 PM

The afternoon light is slowly fading as the sun sets in the distance. Only the sound of wind and the ship's engines seem to penetrate the silence. The emptiness. Not a single patch of solid ground in sight. You feel as though you can almost see through to the other side of the emptiness. Nothingness. Oblivion. The Veil.

The aether is cold, but fresh. Much better than that stuffy aethership. Only a couple hours left before freedom. The guards have returned your belongings, including your weapons. Must be useless to resist. Not many other people are out on deck this late. A group of young men standing in a circle, talking. A teenage girl with her mother. An old man looking beyond the sunset. They are outcasts, like you. Pariahs of the confederacy.

Without hope.

Alone.

OOC ((Feel free to discuss backgrounds, and get a feel for your character. Once everyone has posted in the IC, we will start the action. Until then, have some fun roleplaying.))

Rannil
2010-08-18, 03:53 PM
♪~♫

Sitting on one of the benches is probably one of the younger teens on this ship. He has half-long and uncombed red hair that almost looks like a fiery mane around his head. his eyes are closed and he is obviously listening to the music coming from his headphone, that is loud enough to bother nearby people. He doesn't seem to care about anything or anyone else at this point.
Two guns are hanging on his belt, badly concealed by his shirt. He didn't had weapons when he arrested, but he had now and he isn't going to complain about that.

♪~♫

FyreByrd
2010-08-19, 03:00 AM
Kan Subudhi stares out over the aether. The sidearm's weight strange at his side. His eyes are melancholic as he reflects upon his last few weeks. His simple clothing mark him as a pariah just as much as his long hair, and his position on this ship.

He sits, cursing as the sidearm bounces off the deck, he hated this weapon, and still didn't really understand why he'd bought it. He'd have been much happier with something large and heavy for his protection. He held onto the small silver necklace around his neck, and stared out, dreading every second of his existence.

"Where now?" he silently questions his God, dreading any answer, an answer from Adad, usually just meant more trouble for him.

Critical
2010-08-19, 08:43 PM
Troy, a rather young man in a fairly teenager-ish outfit was standing and looking over the aether. Usually in a good mood, he wasn't in one right now - he was being ported to another unknown cluster, far away from his family, friends and followers. That was, certainly, a thinker's stare he had, while his spiky blond hair was moving on the wind.

After a while, he noticed a rather melancholic man standing nearby, doing, basically, the same thing the young wizard was doing - staring over the aether, with a rather sad look. Noticing the similarity, naturally, the boy0 wanted to speak to that particular stranger. Especially, when he has heard him saying something depressing. He must have cheered him up!

"Hey, it shouldn't be THAT bad.... At least, we've got a lot to think about." - he said, and returned his view to the aether. - "Tell me, stranger, what's your story?"

FyreByrd
2010-08-20, 04:24 AM
Kan stares at the strange young man, obviously weighing his words before answering, it never did to trust people you didn't know too much, especially when you are what Kan was. "I had nothing, and then I lost it." he intones, the sadness heavy in his voice. He turns to stare at the aether once more, "And as for things to think about, I would wish that my head were embalmed in fluid so my mind would be at peace."

He sighs, then turns to the boy, holding out his hand, and forcing a wan smile, "I am Kan Subudhi, and while I appreciate the comradeship you offer me, I warn you, I am not an easy person to be around."

The Anarresti
2010-08-20, 04:43 PM
The Hobbit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMJjF4LHOkY) wandered back onto the observation deck, after traveling all over the ship. A Cruschef Mark 5, this skiff had been churned out of assembly-line powered Helens shipyards by underpaid blue-collar humans, and left to plow the Aether for more than thirty years. Clunky, but Odo had to admit that the Cruschefs had lasting power. The favorite engine from his last ship, the Chimney Sweep, had been cannibalized from a Cruschef Mark 9. That clunking thing was louder than a bigjob playing pigball, but Suns it was powerful.
Most of the people on this skiff were human, at least to Odo's eyes. A half-breed here or there, and a few dwarven gangbangers muttering amongst themselves. There were a few other Hobbits on this skiff, but they all were groundhogs, Tallfellows from Gamma, who spoke a strange dialect of Hobbit, slow and thick.
Odo had played a few rounds of Liar's Dice with them, and after cleaning them out, had wandered back up to the observation deck. Most of the people out on this deck were shivering against the cold. They weren't dressed like the the Hobbit, who was safe in his Aethernaut jacket, scarf and goggles. He felt the pressure of his gun inside his jacket, hidden in a shoulder holster. It was a different make then most: smaller, it lacked the stopping power of human pistols, but the smaller grip was eaiser for his halfling hands to hold. Most human objects Odo could buy in child sizes, but they didn't make guns for children. Intentionally, at any rate.
Odo's scarf was unwound: the skiff wasn't moving very fast, the air was still, and he wanted a smoke. He pulled a half-empty pack of Turnings out of his pocket: his last one. Ah well. He pulled a cigarette out, stuck it in his mouth, and lit it with a click from his beat-up old lighter. Everything this hobbit owned seemed jury-rigged: from his patched jeans, to his faded jacket; his short, messy bleach-blond hair and the one little box of hand-rolled cigs an elvish holy man gave him for luck. Odo was saving those for when he really needed them.
His feet were bare, to no great surprise, and his long toes seemed to grip at the deck as he walked forward, glancing around. He saw a human boy, with bright red hair and an angry face, listening to an Aepod. On a whim, Odo wandered over to the boy. He had a pair of guns, full-sized, and Odo wasn't the best fighter, even for a hobbit. He'd make for a good friend, and besides, Odo was bored.
Walking in front of the boy, they were about at eye level, the standing hobbit man and the sitting human boy. Looking straight at him, Odo took a Turning from the blue package and extended it out to the boy.
"Smoke?" Odo asked, mouthing the words distinctly and not bothering to hide his Halfling accent.

(Glossary)
Cruschef: A huge old skiff-making corporation, to big to fail, with instant name recognition and thousands of employees across the confederation. Think Boeing, or Ford in it's heyday.
Pigball: A full-contact sport similar to American Football or Rugby. It got it's name because the original game originated among the Orcs, however the human version has become quite different from the original.
Suns: A mild oath common among Aethernauts. Think "Jesus" as an exclamation, such as "Jesus Suns, that whale was big."
Dwarven Gangbangers: Organized crime is unfortunatly common among inner-city dwarf communities. Often underpaid blue-collar workers, dependable and loyal, some turn instead to crime, putting their innate stubborness, loyalty and large families to make the most successful mobs in the islands, a la Italian Mob.
Groundhog: An Aethernaut term for those who perfer to remain on dry land, like Landlubber for seamen. Not unique to Halflings
Tallfellow: While almost all Lightfoot halflings are nomadic Aethernauts, the Tallfellows remained behind on the hobbit homeworld, considering themselves the original, "pure" hobbit race.
Liar's Dice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar's_dice
Aethernaut Jacket: Bomber Jacket. Odo's outfit is akin to a WWI ace's, the climate of Aether and high atmosphere being very similar.
Turnings: Relativly high-end cigarettes from Vesuvius. Valuable prison (or reserve) currency.
Elvish Holy Man: Although the society of the Confederation hates elves, those who want to be "edgy" idolize them, and Confederation hippies regularly seek advice of Elvish mystics. Some of the allure of their once-great civilization remains in the elvish slums, drawing those of inquisitive spirit to them.

Critical
2010-08-20, 05:31 PM
"Nothing? Well, there must've been something... Name's Troy." - the boy said, shaking the man's head. "I'm here because I was fighting the good fight. Freedom between clusters, more to the lower class, etc. Well, the government didn't like that, but hey, I'm not giving up!" - Troy said, finishing the last sentence with a smile. He thought for a second about something, and added, trying to get something out of the not so talkative man: "What about you, Kan?"

Ertier
2010-08-20, 10:19 PM
Observation Deck 1C
~20:00 PM

The sun (Fire-sun in this case) has set beyond the horizon, and the moon (Metal-sun) has begun to rise. It is dark now, the light of the moon illuminating the deck. Soon, it seems as though half the ship has come out to enjoy the moonlight. Despite the cold, people stay outside, enjoying the company of nature and inviting the aether into their lungs.

A sympathetic pair of guards turn a blind eye and switch on the deck lights. People retrieve food and drink from their belongings. A stereo plays some mellow music. These people seem to be enjoying themselves. Able to put away the pain for a moment and realize that this is what it's all about.

Singing. Dancing. Hugging. Kissing. Fighting. Learning.

Love.

FyreByrd
2010-08-21, 07:10 AM
"Fighting the good fight?" Kan repeats back to Troy. "Fighting isn't good, it's merely a method of survival, a way of making one day last into the next."

He forces another smile as the lights come on, "Good to meet you Troy, and as for Government interference, I know all about that, I guess that's the one good thing about this trip...we won't be worried much about that any more."

He looks at the happy people on deck, then at his hands and adds under his breath(listen perception dc10 for everyone except Troy(Critical) for who it's 5):
"I'm a dead man walking, joy is merely transitory. My hands can heal or destroy, and yet what is that to Adad, Nothing! He cares not."

Critical
2010-08-21, 09:55 AM
"Heh... Optimistic of you, Kan. I bet we will." - Troy said with a smile ovserving everything as the lights came up. - "Can't say fighting is about survival, though... I fought for my and my people's ideals." Noticing that the man he's talking to whispered something, Troy raised his eyebrow and questioned: "Err, pardon?"

Listen check: [roll0]

I think that means I failed.

FyreByrd
2010-08-21, 09:58 AM
ooc @Critical:
Sorry my post wasn't clear, listen check dc 10 for everyone except you(as you were next to me - it was 5) so you passed!

Kan laughs, a short burst of humourless noise, "Ideals? Ideals are fine if they truly mean something, not just an excuse to act as you will."

Critical
2010-08-21, 10:05 AM
"Are you saying I just did that because of fun?.. If so, it's not the case." - Troy announces, looking rather annoyed. - "Who's Adad you were talking about, by the way?"

Rannil
2010-08-21, 11:53 AM
John, or Gunlock as he tried to cal himself now, felt a presence and opened his eyes to see a Hobbit offering a smoke. Gunlock didn't smoke a lot, but he had to to hang around the "cool kids". He decided to be polite and accept one. Also he put down his headphone, he suspected the hobbit wanted more then offer random strangers a smoke, and put his music a lot softer, but it was still noticeable as background music. "Thanks." He said with a polite smile. "And hello."

FyreByrd
2010-08-21, 11:57 AM
Kan looks sadly at Troy, "I didn't mean to offend, my friend." He takes a deep breath, "You have not heard of the God Adad? Maybe you are amongst the lucky then."

The Anarresti
2010-08-21, 02:16 PM
The hobbit in aethernaut dress hops up beside the meloncholy teen after handing him the cigarette. After lighting both, the hobbit begins to speak.
"Hello," he says, fumbling with his beat-up lighter, "So, friend, why're you here?"

The Anarresti
2010-08-21, 02:18 PM
Sorry for the double post, listen perception check coming up [roll0]

Ertier
2010-08-21, 02:39 PM
The party continues in full swing. The guards and some of the other staff have joined in the festivities as well. The tension of the situation at hand dissolved by good tidings, and even better alcohol.

Leaf-Eater
In addition to Kan's statement, you also hear something strange over the roar of the party. Or rather the absence of something usual. It seems the engines have stalled. However, as you are still flying, and the deck lights are till on, the power must have been diverted from the Pylon powering the ship away from the engines, and something else is keeping the ship afloat. Something is deeply amiss.

The Anarresti
2010-08-21, 06:14 PM
The little hobbit, apparently relaxed ((OOC: listening to Rannil's story if he chooses to tell it) suddenly stiffens. He twitches his head back and forth, as if he is looking for something, and his hands grasp at the empty air as if he suddenly misplaced some precious object.
"Svil," he says under his breath. Then, he turned to his neighbor, and says, agitated and with his hobbit accent coming out, ""Something wrong is. Do you anything about computers know? I'm afraid the skiff might malfunctioning be; we have to the engine room go!"
However, dispite his agitation, he retains a cool head. Taking a deep breath of tobacco smoke, closing his eyes and shuddering, he turns to his bench neighbor and says "I know this is rather forward, but I have no choice. I can't save this skiff on my own."

Jalor
2010-08-22, 01:41 PM
Lester had been sitting on the deck next to the bench, asleep with his back against the skiff's railing. In his lap is a synthesizer keyboard, and he wears a gray shirt with black jeans.

The sound of the hobbit's raised voice stirs him from his slumber. "...officer, i swea-... Hm." He looks around the deck groggily. "Heh, there's finally a party on this boat and I'm dozing off in the corner."

Finally he notices the suddenly-not-relaxed hobbit. "And what's going on over here? Some of us are trying to take catnaps in uncomfortable places, you know."

The Anarresti
2010-08-22, 04:51 PM
The hobbit glances around, sizing up the party, trying to get a feel for the situation: seeing if anyone knows about the mishap. Then he whispers to the two humans sitting around him.
"Listen, hear that?" he asks. It's a rehtorical question: the hobbit obviously doesn't expect the humans to answer. "The engines aren't running. Yet the power's still on, and we're still moving. So, the power is diverted from the engines, but still running through the lights. My question is, what caused the engines to stop? And more importantly, why are we still moving?".
Glancing around, Odo says" "I probably shouldn't be trusting you, but this affects us all. We're all in the same boat, so to speak. If we need some more people to get to the bottom of this, so be it: but we need a small group. The guards can't know what we are doing: anyone who's trying to maintain a pretense that everything is alright can't be trusted. It isn't, but someone is trying to make us think that it is: the power's still on. Personally, I suspect pirates, but it could be anything. So, friends," the hobbit asks, clapping his greasy palms together with an ironic grin "what skills do you bring to the table?"

Jalor
2010-08-22, 06:10 PM
Lester shrugs. "Typical. The powers-that-be care more about maintaining ignorant bliss than they do about the truth."

He reaches up and grabs the railing, pulling himself up. His keyboard comes with him; it has a shoulder strap. Now that he's standing, his pistol and holster are clearly visible. "My skills? Random knowledge in damn near every academic field, including arcane lore; I can get around fast; I can get past security systems, and then get back out without getting caught. Oh, and I can kick some ass in a fight if it comes to that."

Critical
2010-08-22, 09:44 PM
Troy turns to the clapping hobbit and throughfully looks him over. "And why should you know?" - he asked, raising an eyebrow.

FyreByrd
2010-08-23, 03:32 AM
Kan sees the group talking and follows Troy over.

"What is happening?" he asks, a hint of fear in his voice. "You say the engines have stopped?"

Perception Check for engines:
[roll0]

"I'm not much use really, but I'll help where I can!"

Rannil
2010-08-23, 06:08 AM
Gunlock reply to why he s here is a simple. "I got framed, doesn't make me innocent though, nor guilty." But the conversation is tossed away when the hobbit noted the engines are down. "Well I can hack." He points at his AePod. "I hacked this little fellow to remove the normal volume lock, hard to hack with a OS that doesn't support any interface. And yeah I know my way around a lot of computer."

The Anarresti
2010-08-23, 09:20 AM
"Yes, the engines have stopped. They aren't running. Normally you can hear them, but right now it's a conspicuous absence. The presence of power on the deck means that the ship's systems have failed: the power has only been diverted away from the engines. Also, we're still moving. This means that something, I don't know what, is keeping us moving forward. Personally, I suspect pirates, but I don't know how they could be doing this."
Looking around at the little group that has gathered, the hobbit smiles. He's half as tall as any man here, yet he's in charge. He drops what's left of his cigarette on the floor, grinds it out with the heel of his bare foot.
"We need to get to the engine room to see what's happening to the engines. Or the bridge: if we've been captured, whoever or whatever captured us will could be there. There will be less security around the engine room though, and I know my way around those machines, so that's our best bet. We need people to hack computers on the way, see if we can run a diagnostic scan of the ship's systems. Someone who knows magic would be useful, too, to take a look at our Pylon: I'm not that great at all that mumbo-jumbo. If it comes down to it, however, I could fly this hunk of junk out of any trouble we're in. If I'm forced to be modest, I'd say I'm a damn good pilot. But, for that, I'd need some people to break heads and open doors: something I'm not particularally good at. And, of course, anyone who's good at healing is always welcome: I like keeping my guts inside my skin, pers'nally."

The Anarresti
2010-08-23, 09:22 AM
Damn it, I always forget to do this: Sense Motive: [roll0] This is to get a feel for the stituation, to try and determine anything out of the ordinary, to see if anyone looks suspiciously like they know what's going on.

Critical
2010-08-23, 10:01 AM
Troy sighs. "Well, I didn't expect to be working at my speciality so soon... I'm pretty good with magic, and what you speak is, indeed, interesting." - he says stepping forward to the hobbit. "Lead us, I guess. Name's Troy, by the way, little brother." He said, reaching out for a handshake with the hobbit, smiling.

The Anarresti
2010-08-23, 10:28 AM
The hobbit snorts. "Little Brother. Ha. Well, bigjob, it's your ass I'm pulling out of the fire. Some brother, eh?" He grins and accepts the magic-user's hand.
"First thing we need to do, though, is get to the engine room. You with the keyboard, did you end up memorizing any maps of Cruschef Mark Fives? Or Aepod Guy, pull us up a map from some terminal or another. Speaking of, what's everyone's name? I'm Odo Greasepalm, aethernaut born and raised. Grew up on a merchant ship, and when she went down I became a smuggler. Ran contraband past countless confederate patrols until I was nicked with my pants around my ankles on solid ground."

Ertier
2010-08-23, 12:01 PM
Fyrebyrd

The usual low hum of a running engine is absent. The frequency of the sound would mean that it could be heard over the festivities rather easily, if it was there.

Leaf-Eater

Something is wrong, but you're not sure why anyone would disable the engines first, nor how the ship has stayed afloat. You suspect pirates, but they would have to be fairly amateur if they disabled the engines first...

Unless they were using a towing rig, but then you'd be dead before they shut the engines off.

FyreByrd
2010-08-23, 12:17 PM
"Kan, Kan Subudhi", the melancholic man replies, "And you're right, I cannot hear the engine either, there is definatley something wrong. I may not be good with technology, but I can cast some minor spells, I'm not sure I'll be too useful in combat though!"

Jalor
2010-08-23, 06:57 PM
"Name's Lester. No reason to use my last name, just Lester."

He pauses and glances out into the aether, trying to recall any useful information.
[roll0] Knowledge(Esoteric)
[roll1] Knowledge(Scientific)
[roll2] Knowledge(Practical)
[roll3] Spellcraft, in case there's magic in the air.
[roll4] Perception, in case there's something to notice.
[roll5] Sense Motive, to get a feel for the situation.

The Anarresti
2010-08-23, 07:23 PM
After nodding at Lester, Kan and Troy as they introduce themselves, he turns to the red-hair teen: "and what's your name, friend?" After acknowledging the teen's introduction, the hobbit speaks back up again. "We should probably check over the side of the observation platform, maybe even go out onto the hull. I'm curious to see what's holding us up. Maybe pirates with a towing rig? But if that's true, we'd be dead already. What would pirates want with a prisoner transport?" The hobbit paused for a second, staring at the Metal-Sun. "I've got a bad feeling about this. It seems that the only worthwhile cargo on this skiff is us."

Ertier
2010-08-23, 07:28 PM
Jalor
Probably pirates. It makes perfect sense. Disable the engine and tow the ship with a couple skiffs. Though a towing rig (electric grappler attached to a large skiff) is sometimes used, you'd probably be dead because of electrical energy involved. But that reduces your profit margin. If you disable the engine first... Hell, do it right and you can get the pylons out of the engine cores without frying them, and sell them on the Black Market for huge bucks. And slaves too. These folks must be real sickos, capturing living cargo. Even money says they'll kill the men and old-folks then rape the women and children to death. The guards that aren't drunk as hell are probably dead or worse by now.

Jalor
2010-08-24, 12:31 AM
Lester shakes his head, the pieces of the puzzle coming together in his mind. "A good mechanic can shut down the engines and pull the pylons out of the core intact. Those fetch a fine price on the black market... and they won't need a towing rig, just a couple skiffs tethered to ours. But even the pylons aren't worth as much as a full load of luxury goods, why go through all this trouble..."

A look of grim revelation crosses his face.

"Because they're not just pirates, they're slavers. That's why they went for the prison skiff. Not even a passenger liner has as many people as one of these. The skeleton crew wouldn't stand a chance against slavers, they'll be dead or incapacitated by now. Right now is when they'd start rounding up anyone who'll sell for enough to be worth lugging back to port. The rest they kill. Then they drag the prizes back to their skiffs, have their way with the women, and fly off into the aether."

He checks his gun's magazines. "We're already out of time. Anyone else knows anything useful, speak up, otherwise it's time to take back this frakkin' skiff."

FyreByrd
2010-08-24, 04:24 AM
Kan shivers slightly, it seems his worst fears were being realised. Seeing Lester check his weapon, Kan draws his own sidearm, and promptly drops it on the deck with nerves. He's never used such a weapon before, as he blushes deeply and picks it up again, he realises that he's never knowingly killed anything either. "This would be a really good time for you to show some power Adad" he prays, then sighs, Adad had never come when called, only when the capricious God decided to make an impact did he come, and then it was usually with bolts of lightening.

He checks the weapons clip, 15 shots, that's all he has, and then what?

The Anarresti
2010-08-24, 09:53 AM
"We need to find where they attached to the ship. If I can steal one of their skiffs, then we can either get out of here scott free, or take down the rest of them if you're feeling heroic. Even if we don't do that we need to start moving now. If we stay here, we'll be surrounded and captured in no time. Even as he's speaking, Odo starts to jog toward the exit. "If we start walking over the side and across the hull, we expose ourselves to those outside the skiff. We need to stay inside, at least for now. Getting outside the skiff will be useful: so we can see exactly how many slaver skiffs there are, and they don't expect people to go walking across the hull. But we can't risk it."

Critical
2010-08-24, 07:45 PM
Troy does some weird hand gestures accompanied by none the less weird hand gestures - seems that he was casting a spell, then repeated again, but a bit more complex than the last one. When he's finished, it seems that he's surrounded in a quite a layer of force. He then takes out his gun, readies it and says with a grin: "It's showtime." He then follows the little hobit to the exit. "You might want to stand behind me because I'm pretty much bulletproof now."

Casting Mage Armor, Protection from Arrows(both lasting 3 hours), gun in hands and readied.

The Anarresti
2010-08-24, 07:52 PM
"I'll do that," says the hobbit with a grin, "I don't want to end up as some slaver's colander." He moves to stand behind Troy, and then draws his small pistol from its armpit sheath under his aethernaut jacket.

Ertier
2010-08-24, 08:42 PM
Upper Deck - Passenger Cabin 1 (First Class)
The first class cabin, which houses government officials and paid passengers is mostly empty, with a handful of people sleeping or passed out drunk. Five men stand at the end of the cabin conversing. You can't discern their features, but they seem to be human, and wear tunics common to nobility. They don't seem to acknowledge your presence.

((When entering a new area, I roll perception and sense motive checks automatically. These are printed in spoilers, even if there is nothing to see or hear. These are done without the forum roller, so you have no way of knowing whether you rolled high or low.))

Odo

Nothing unusual probably teetotalers. No sign of pirates yet. The door malfunctioned when it closed, locking you in.

Gunlock

Nothing unusual probably teetotalers. No sign of pirates yet. You have some blood on your hand. When did you cut yourself?

Troy

Nothing unusual probably teetotalers. Kan seems to be acting strange.

Kan

You notice blood pooling beneath your feet. It's coming from a man shot in the throat in the aisle. A scraggly man in brown is behind him and has his gun pointed a you. He raises his hand to shush you, menacing his gun.

Lester

The five men at the end of the hallway have radios, and guns. The tunics are slightly bloodied. The door locked behind you when you came in, and there are two additional men with guns and radios in aisle seats across from each other. The "napping" people are actually dead on closer inspection. Kan is showing visible surprise, indicating that he is being threatened by a eighth, unseen assailant.

FyreByrd
2010-08-25, 03:25 AM
Kan very slowly and carefully closes his mouth, making it obvious what he is doing. He also lowers the weapon in his hand, in a non-threatening way

@DM

As he does so he looks at the man menacing him, trying to notice as much detail about him as possible, including what sort of gun he is carrying and anything else even vaguely relavant!

Rolls:

Perception:
[roll0]
Sense Motive:
[roll1]

ooc:
How close is Kan to the man, within pistol whipping distance? :smallwink:

Jalor
2010-08-25, 04:51 AM
Lester scans the room, noting anything that could turn the tables should a skirmish break out.
[roll0] Perception. If I need to make any other rolls, let me know.

Rannil
2010-08-25, 08:47 AM
OOC: *points at signature*

Earlier: "Streetname's Gunlock, got arrested and convicted under that too. Real name only remind me of my parents, boring bunch."
After enterng the door: Gunlock just stares confused at his hand, trying to spot a wound.

Perception (search): [roll0]

The Anarresti
2010-08-25, 10:02 AM
Odo keeps his gun out, hoping that the nobles on the other side of the room wouldn't notice him. He examines the door, trying to see if he can fix it, or what caused the malfunction.
Stealth: [roll0] (+3 DEX, +4 size). Mechanics: [roll1] (+3 INT, +6 ranks, +2 Pilot Training). I'm not sure if pilot training applies to a door inside a vehicle...

Critical
2010-08-25, 01:27 PM
Noticing, that Kan is acting weird, Troy whispers: "Kan, what's wrong?" He then hides his gun behind his back and waits for Odo to finish his tinkering.

FyreByrd
2010-08-26, 03:35 AM
Kan doesn't respond, but you can see him visibly sweating.

@DM ooc:
Just a quick query are we allowed (now or in the future) to use pistols as melee weapons (As in a pistol whip!) if we are, can we have some stats on them?

Ertier
2010-08-26, 06:59 PM
A gunshot blares out and a slug slams into Kan's shoulder, the men at the end of the corridor surprised by the sound.

Initiative Order (See OOC for a description of simplified initiative if you missed it in the recruitment thread)
1. Party (without Odo) in any order.
2. Enemies
3. Party (with Odo) in any order.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Combat:
Attack vs. Kan [roll0]
Damage (+ Sneak Attack) [roll1]

Kan

The man is obviously one of the pirates. Before you can even blink, he discharges his weapon. It hits, knocking you down to 3 HP.

((OOC: Yes, you can pistol whip for 1d4 damage.))

Gunlock

There is no wound. But you do spot blood on a seat that you had put your hand on. And on the floor. As your heart begins to race, you spot a man menacing Kan with a gun in the aisle. Then, he shoots.

Odo

The electrical is fried, like someone shut it down on purpose. It would take an hour to fix properly. You are unseen by anyone aside from your companions. Suddenly you hear a gunshot...

Lester

Checkmate. If anyone opens fire it'll be a bloodbath. Probably best to make the first move. Suddenly you hear a gunshot...

Jalor
2010-08-27, 12:48 AM
Lester takes cover reflexively, dropping to one knee behind the closest thing he can find. Unable to spot Kan's assailant, he takes a shot at the nearest of the five men instead.
Firing Civilian Pistol at one of the five, spending 2 inspiration points on Cunning Insight for both attack and damage. The +4 from Cunning Insight and the +2 from Knowledge Devotion add up to +6 to the values written on the character sheet.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Also, crouching/kneeling behind cover gives a +6 to AC vs. ranged attacks. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm) People forget that sometimes.

FyreByrd
2010-08-27, 02:53 AM
Kan staggers back, stunned by the sudden excruitaiting pain in his shoulder. Dropping, and rolling, he moves behind the nearest cover, gasping frantically for air, as he lays his own hands on the wounds, and murmers "Give me strength Adad!"

Concentration roll just in case I'm interrupted: [roll0]
Cure Light Wounds on me [roll1]

Edit: Whoops I get another +2 on all my healing spells sp actually that's 8 not 6 - I knew I'd forget that!

also ooc:
OW!

Critical
2010-08-27, 11:25 AM
Troy takes cover and follows Gunlock's example - shoots one of the five men.

I assume they're near 30 ft, so point blank shot triggered.

Taking cover(AC bonus), shooting at one of the five men standing.

[roll0] ; [roll1]

Ammo: 14/15

Ertier
2010-08-28, 05:16 PM
Bullets fly and two me drop like rocks to the ground. The rest of the men draw, reading themselves for action.

((Waiting on Rannil, but if he doesn't post by tomorrow, I'll post actions for him as an NPC until he returns))

Rannil
2010-08-29, 09:04 AM
The music out of the headphone seems to become slowly louder. Swept up in both the music and action grabs both his guns and shoots them both at two different targets. "I rock you like a hurricane." He quips and then he dives down instead seeking for cover.

In order:
Free action: Putting my music louder (or at least I hope it's a free action ^^)
Free action: Drawing my weapons
Full round: Shooting, two targets
Target 1: Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Target 2: Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Free action: Dropping prone.

Ammo change noted on sheet.

Ertier
2010-08-29, 11:41 AM
One of Gunlock's shots connects with a man at the end of the hallway, wounding him. Two men dead or unconscious, five still living. They open fire. One of the men in the rows utters something under his breath, channeling energy from his finger tips. A wave of force, a distortion in the aether bursts forth in the form of two ghostly tendrils ramming into Lester's chest.

Attack Vs. Gunlock
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Attack Vs. Lester
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Attack Vs. Troy (1)
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Attack Vs. Troy (2)
[roll6]
Damage
[roll7]

Spell Damage Vs. Lester
[roll8]

Critical
2010-08-29, 12:03 PM
As the bullet that hit him bounced off him due to his spells, Troy smiled and returned the favor to the one who landed a hit from behind of his cover.

[roll0] ; [roll1]
Protection from Arrows absorbs 23 more damage.
Ammo: 13/15

The Anarresti
2010-08-29, 02:32 PM
Odo's Grandfather was the chaplin for the Tealeaf's Pride, the skiff on which Odo grew up. Odo's clan, the Tealeafs, venerated the Life pantheon: Zeus, Athena, Persephone et al. Odo had always felt a connection with the god Hermes: good-hearted patron of politicians, thieves, travelers and those who live by their wits. Odo; smuggler, con artist and pilot; felt like his life was in the hand of this fun-loving god. He didn't have as deep a connection to his god as a priest or prophet did, but he could feel Him sometimes, in the deep Aether, whistling among the rigging.
"Hermes, throw me a solid? I kinda need some help here." Odo muttered under his breath, in Halfling. Leaping up from his hiding place, he fired one shot at the mage who shot Lester with magic, hoping to catch him off guard. Then Odo dove down flat on his stomach, cowering behind Troy, who had indeed lived up to his promise to be bulletproof.
At least Hermes was good enough to give me this guy, Odo remarked in his head What would I do without Bigjobs to hide behind? he thought wryly
Attack Roll: [roll0] This is against his flat-footed AC, I think. Damage: [roll1] Now lying prone behind Troy, using him as soft cover.
AC vs ranged attacks: 22 (10+1 size + 3 dexterity + 4 for cover + 4 for lying prone)

The Anarresti
2010-08-29, 02:33 PM
Crap, shouldn't've previewed. Sorry. Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

The Anarresti
2010-08-29, 02:36 PM
Using "Fortune's Favor" feat, to reroll my attack roll, as per the Luck Domain special ability. This is the only time I can do this today:
New Attack Roll: [roll0]

Jalor
2010-08-29, 03:29 PM
The bullet whizzed above Lester's cover, but the spell snaked around and slammed into his chest, cracking a rib. He grunted in pain and took another shot, aiming for the one who cast the spell.
Same attack routine as before, at the spellcaster.
Attack:
Damage: [roll1]

Ertier
2010-08-29, 07:14 PM
Two bullets slam into the spellcaster, the first knocking him off his balance and the second going straight through his head. Troy's return fire barely misses, impacting and shattering a glass door on the opposite side of the hall.

FyreByrd
2010-08-30, 02:28 AM
Kan, feeling better as his healing spell takes affect, stands, and raising the unfamiliar weapon, orients on the nearest enemy, a cry rips unbidden from his throat as he attempts to kill his first man.

Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Ammo 14/15

After taking the shot, he doesn't wait to see what result it has, but immediately drops back behind cover.

Rannil
2010-08-30, 02:16 PM
The bullet hits Gunlock's shoulder, but doesn't pierce deep. It still is a nasty wound, but Gunlock doesn't notice it, the adrenaline is pumping and he doesn't think nor feel, he just shoots, one at the guy he hit earlier and one at the guy that shot him.

Target 1: Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Target 2: Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

The Anarresti
2010-08-30, 03:51 PM
"Who are these guys?" Odo yells. Then, calling accross at the nobles on the other end of the cabin, he says:
"We don't want to fight. The ship has been taken over, we could use your help!" Diplomacy roll: [roll0]