PDA

View Full Version : Help me fufil my bucket list!

Doctor Acula
2010-08-18, 06:06 PM
So I am working on number 3 on my bucket list and realize it's pretty hard. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could do it?

Bucket list
1. Punch a Magician
2. Impersonate a Priest
3. Punch a Dinosaur
4. Break the Land Speed Record
5. Be a hero
6. Climb k-2 and Everest
7. Go hunting/ fishing in the amazon
8. Go to the north pole
9. Ride a Dolphin or a Whale

Eldan
2010-08-18, 06:12 PM
Well, you could substitute a dinosaur skeleton. A little easier, but still hard.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-18, 06:20 PM
>.>

Does someone in a dinosaur suit, a cardboard cutout of a dinosaur, or a dinsoaur-evolved bird count?

Eldan
2010-08-18, 06:22 PM
Ooh, good idea. You could punch a bird and a crocodile in rapid succession.

Kara Kuro
2010-08-18, 06:35 PM
Find a friend with a Yoshi costume and promise not to hit them that hard?

SpiderMew
2010-08-18, 07:48 PM
You can do 9 at sea world.

For 3, go to Loc Ness, figure out how to coax the creature out of the water, then punch it. For i beleve if there is a creature still alive there, it is a dinosaur. Also there may be pterodactyls still alive, hidden in parts of Africa. Go there, piss one off, when it swops down to rip your neck open, give it a Falcon Punch!

RandomNPC
2010-08-18, 07:48 PM
Find a friend with a Yoshi costume and promise not to hit them that hard?

and then blast them into next month?

no, to punch a dinosaur, go to one of those history museums that have the big skeletons and little space, they usually let the tails get close to the ropes they box off the area with. It's the tail end of a dead one, but it still counts in my book.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-18, 07:51 PM
Fishing in the Amazon? Dang, hadn't thought of that one. That's now on my list.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-18, 07:58 PM
As for clarifications skeletons totally count. I am thinking museum but I'm not sure how to escape from that

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-18, 08:00 PM
As for clarifications skeletons totally count. I am thinking museum but I'm not sure how to escape from that
Go to a quarry where they are digging one up. Sneak in in the night or something. Then after you're done breaking your fingers by punching stone, you can see a doctor and have a great story for him.

Eldan
2010-08-18, 08:22 PM
Well, if you ever come to Switzerland, I know a few totally unguarded quarries where they are currently digging up bones.

CrimsonAngel
2010-08-18, 08:26 PM
I'm a whale! Hop on!

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-18, 08:37 PM
I have no idea, except what other people have recommended already, but I must commend you on the splendid Scrubs reference that is your name.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-18, 08:48 PM
I have no idea, except what other people have recommended already, but I must commend you on the splendid Scrubs reference that is your name.

So much this. :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2010-08-18, 11:45 PM
Visit one of the various dinosaur parks that have dino statues everywhere

hobbitkniver
2010-08-19, 01:16 AM
I'm more interested in hearing about how you completed one, three, and five.

Back to dinosaurs: What kind of dinosaur were you hoping for? If you touch one at a museum, you'll be kicked out and probably embarassed. If hitting a fake one counts, it'll be easy, but I suspect it doesn't. Punching an actual dinosaur skeleton will be difficult and probably not end well for you.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-08-19, 03:32 AM
Back to dinosaurs: What kind of dinosaur were you hoping for? If you touch one at a museum, you'll be kicked out and probably embarassed.

Surely the point of the exercise is that it doesn't matter that he gets kicked out/embarrassed.

Besides, when was the last time a museum performed open heart surgery on YOUR dying brother? Exactly. **** museums.

Christopher K.
2010-08-19, 06:47 AM
The original Game Boy is so old I sometimes wonder if it's a fossil. Would that count? If not, what about sea monkeys? Supposedly they're from the same time period, and you'd get the satisfaction of punching a live creature. They might be a bit slippery, though.

Cespenar
2010-08-19, 07:53 AM

Seconded. If I had to guess, one would be a light punch, two would be a Halloween costume, and five would be... well... rescuing a neighbor's cat?

Xefas
2010-08-19, 08:05 AM
Seconded. If I had to guess, one would be a light punch, two would be a Halloween costume, and five would be... well... rescuing a neighbor's cat?

Well, for #2, he could have just gotten ordained online (http://www.open-ministry.org/index.php) with a few minutes of work.

#5 is pretty subjective, so it's really only a matter of whether he truly feels he was a hero. Feeling that fulfillment is the task.

PhoeKun
2010-08-19, 08:09 AM

Is it really ok to be so... pedantic with something like this? I mean, it's a bucket list, not a scavenger hunt. It's not like you get bonus points for finishing early...

Besides which, if the point of this is to do all the things you ever wanted to so you can die content, I'd really hope you wouldn't look back and realize your only accomplishment was rules manipulation. :smalltongue:

Zen Monkey
2010-08-19, 08:19 AM
So I am working on number 3 on my bucket list and realize it's pretty hard. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could do it?

Bucket list
1. Punch a Magician
2. Impersonate a Priest
3. Punch a Dinosaur
4. Break the Land Speed Record
5. Be a hero
6. Climb k-2 and Everest
7. Go hunting/ fishing in the amazon
8. Go to the north pole
9. Ride a Dolphin or a Whale

3. Attend a taping of 'Barney,' then cry havoc!
4. Land Speed Record for what? You could set the record for fastest creation of a paper mache monkey, fastest basketweaving, fastest recitation of the Gettysburg Address, etc. (ok, it's a stretch, but all done on land).
6/7/8. These are just expensive, really, but possible if you have the means.
9. There are places that let you swim with a dolphin, and yes you can hold on to the dorsal fin and get dragged for a while.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 08:46 AM
Well, if you ever come to Switzerland, I know a few totally unguarded quarries where they are currently digging up bones.

That sounds brilliant!!! I'll have to go there sometime

I assume you mean two, not three but here are the stories:
1. So I was 8 and I wanted a cowboy at my birthday party, but instead of a cowboy I got some magician with "The Great" in his name. I was really mad so I punched him in the groin and beat him up a little. I was a kid, I couldn't do any real damage

2. Last year (I'm 18 now) I bought a cassock and collar, went to a soup kitchen and served the needy for a few hours, then I walked to a church and chilled out in the confessional booth until someone came up and talked to me.

5. I was in a store while it was being robbed once, the cashier resisted and someone was about to get hurt. I dialed 911 on my cell and left it in one of the aisles. Then I talked to both of them, killing time until the police showed up.

Cespenar
2010-08-19, 08:56 AM
Is it really ok to be so... pedantic with something like this? I mean, it's a bucket list, not a scavenger hunt. It's not like you get bonus points for finishing early...

Besides which, if the point of this is to do all the things you ever wanted to so you can die content, I'd really hope you wouldn't look back and realize your only accomplishment was rules manipulation. :smalltongue:

Well, if you look at his list, manipulating them seems to be the only way he'll manage them all. Besides that, I was kidding. Sorta.

5. I was in a store while it was being robbed once, the cashier resisted and someone was about to get hurt. I dialed 911 on my cell and left it in one of the aisles. Then I talked to both of them, killing time until the police showed up.

Unlike 1 and 2, this is badass. Well, as badass as real life can manage.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 09:13 AM
Yeah, :smallsmile: it was cool. It was so scary at the time though

Cespenar
2010-08-19, 09:17 AM
Did you, by any chance, utter a one liner as the officers were taking the guy away? Something like,

"Next time, try a lemonade stand, kid." :smalltongue:

Albub
2010-08-19, 09:23 AM
For number 3 you could always head to New Zealand. There's a species of reptile there called a Tuatara that, while not technically a dinosaur, was alive 200 million years ago. Punch one of those suckers hard enough his ancestors feel it and you could probably cross off number three without feeling like you cheated.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-19, 09:25 AM
No, but at one point I said "I'm waring you, I have combat techniques which have been described as danger-esque" before the police came

skywalker
2010-08-19, 10:51 PM
No, but at one point I said "I'm waring you, I have combat techniques which have been described as danger-esque" before the police came

Holy... I don't even know.

As for punching a dinosaur...

I think a museum is your best bet. Apparently (from my brief research) the Spanish typically allow you to touch the pieces at their museums.

I don't know what you're asking for here. You know what you must do. Are you just looking for someone to condone it? In that case, is this in the true spirit of these types of lists? It's pretty obvious what your only course of action is.

I'm not entirely sure of the legality of touching skeletons at museums (it's probably not illegal), but it is frowned upon. I'm not going to tell you it's okay, or to do it, but then if you need me to tell you, what's the point?

Impersonating a priest, before anyone asks, is apparently not illegal unless you take money/goods/services/pay for it. Again, rather meager research.

Jallorn
2010-08-19, 10:59 PM

Now that's a problem, since museums actually put plaster copies out, not real ones. The real ones are far too brittle.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-20, 06:33 AM
Now that's a problem, since museums actually put plaster copies out, not real ones. The real ones are far too brittle.

:smalleek: Where do they keep them then?

Cespenar
2010-08-20, 06:48 AM
:smalleek: Where do they keep them then?

Keep in mind, you might lose your 'hero' status. :smalltongue:

Doctor Acula
2010-08-20, 09:22 PM
Then'll join the army or the fbi :smallbiggrin: extra hero points

Reshbj
2010-08-23, 07:23 AM
Hate to break it to you, but you won't find actual dinosaur bones anywhere. Even the 'real' ones are stone duplicates, apart from a ludicrously small number which you will certainly get arrested for touching.

Whenever they find one, it's considered a major scientific breakthrough: http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/12/dino_mummy

Just beat up a tuatara or something.:smallfrown:

Galileo
2010-08-23, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't fight a tuatara. Tuatara are mean buggers when they're drunk. And they're always drunk. They really took their family's death hard.

Lillith
2010-08-24, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the dinosaur bones in museums are fakes. Though perhaps there are some museums who give tours in their archives? Where all the real material is being stored etc.

You know it would be fun, maybe, if people would post their bucket lists in a thread and update it with what they've done or if they want to add something. Other people might be able to help adding stuff.

Me? I don't really have a bucket list, I kind of dislike the name. I call it more of a 'things I want to do in my life' list. It's not that long though. It had skydiving an deepsea diving on there, which I both did already. I guess I'd add learning a martial arts form, getting a masters degree and getting married to a lovely and sweet guy on there. Of which the first two I'm working on and I do like the guy I'm with a lot, but I'm not going to even think about marriage right now before I get my masters. :smalltongue:

Anyways, I got distracted. If you really want to punch a 'real' dinosaur, you might want to check where they display actual bones. If you'd go for a plaster one then you'll find plenty in a museum. Else I'd just hit someone in a Barney costume. Hopefully Barney.

Reshbj
2010-08-26, 09:11 PM
I still say your best bet is to become a paleontologist and find a 'dinosaur mummy', unless petrified bones count.

nihilism
2010-08-27, 12:25 AM
damn i have to add "impersonate priest" to my list.

i would do the amazon one but definitely not everest smaller mountains are great experiences though.

seeing as though all biological matter is essentially recycled constantly you could probably punch anyone and potentially hit recycled dino. (i think)