PDA

View Full Version : Template Design Help.

Otherworld Odd
2010-08-21, 12:23 AM
Hey. First of all: Completely new to the playground. If I'm posting this in the wrong forum, please let me know so I can learn from it. x_x.

Anyways, I'm running a 3.5 game now. If it matters, it consists of a Sorcerer, Dragon Shaman, Rogue, and Mounted-Focused Paladin.

Anyways, later on in the game I'm going to have them encounter a group of tower-dwelling scaled, winged, people. In essence, they're mainly melee fighters who often never see the ground in their entire life. If anyone could help me with this race that would be absolutely wonderful, but that's not exactly what I came here for.

If the PC's do the quests correctly and befriend this race, I think they're going to be able to become a half-breed of this race via ritual. I don't want it to be overpowered, but I want it to be helpful. I was thinking instead of stat bonuses, they either get wings, or scales (Flight or DR/piercing), in essence.

I just need help fine-tuning these things, as I've never really hand-created anything in DnD before. Any ideas?

Temotei
2010-08-21, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the Playground. :smallsmile:

You could have them be raptorans (Races of the Wild), granting "half-raptorans" wings at a certain level (5 HD is when the raptorans get the ability to fly, though they always have wings.).

Otherwise, you could pull any flying monster from the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/) pretty easily and use them.

Also, if you're thinking of adding more homebrew, there are a few classes/races/templates that are out there that might help with this race/template idea, such as my windstriker (see signature).